PDA

View Full Version : BLACK FRIDAY SALE, what are we hoping for!

random59
11-17-17, 01:07 PM
I would like to see the GDP dragons return on sale

Better range of Habitats being increased to hold 5 Dragons

Farms to be upgraded for better crop production.

harobeda
11-17-17, 02:12 PM

That would make me so happy. I’d love each of those!!

DR0G0N
11-17-17, 02:19 PM

Everything you said plus lands for the people who are landlocked.

GPD at least 50% off. Not one of those 4000 gold GPD for 2000, but 800 gold GPD for 400 gold or less.

The1stCaretaker
11-18-17, 02:28 AM
Yeah I'd obviously love to see all habitats again, especially 5 dragon ones but it means nothing if we don't get more land. There is no where to put them. Oh better crops and GPD too

Florr06
11-18-17, 04:51 AM
GPD sale and a true sale - 300, 400, 500 gold or thereabouts

FireballFarm
11-18-17, 07:54 PM
Yes! I want to see a Black Friday sale like we used to get, with all the GPDs and habitats offered at a deep discount. Like Florr06 said: 300-500 gold for a GPD. Last year was such a huge disappointment. I put $100 in my iTunes account just to spend on DS... but got nothing.

AwesomeChefDad
11-18-17, 08:21 PM
Yeah right about the gold dragons...that time is over. Maybe they will discount them some small ammt but for sure the days of awesome deals are over.

I would bet they toss the bomb and dynamite dragons, a variety of habitats and some diamonds on sale..but nothing spectacular.

It is obvious to me the people making decisions do not play the game or understand how to draw money from people..you dont make your customers angry or limit their experience and expect a good result.

DragonsL60
11-19-17, 03:28 PM
Please alllow more expansions & 5 dragon habitats. I missed all the new habitats for months. Now I'm selling off dragons so I can squeeze in habits for the latest new dragons that I can't store. I have so many in storage. Why is TL shutting out loyal customers? They are just loosing money and I'll have to quit at some point because there is nothing more I can do. I've been playing every day for five years. Makes me sad.

I wrote TL so many emails and all they say is they will send it up. More like a black hole. The latest response said check the forum.

FieldsLikeB
11-19-17, 10:09 PM
Land before I join the ranks of the landlocked.

harobeda
11-21-17, 10:53 PM
Pop up ad shows a nest, falling sky habitat, and Alchemy dragon. It says “new dragons want to join you. Are you ready?”

Jackiesq
11-22-17, 06:32 AM
Pop up ad shows a nest, falling sky habitat, and Alchemy dragon. It says ?new dragons want to join you. Are you ready??
I'm ready for Black Friday! 😃
And if S8 is ready with creating new expansions on my islands, I'm defenitly ready for new dragons too! 😉

harobeda
11-22-17, 06:44 AM
I’d love alchemy dragon - but if it’s more than 1000 gold I’m not getting him. I’m hoping for a 600 or 800 price.

Last year I bought gold ahead expecting great sales. I’m not being that dumb this time - last year’s “sales” were a major disappointment.

heyyou0123
11-22-17, 06:48 AM
Hope diamond temple sale

Jackiesq
11-22-17, 07:04 AM
Hope diamond temple sale

Really, for a BF sale? It's only active for 7 days after you bought it. 7x a small chance is still a small chance! You have to activate your 2nd den aswell to get most out of it, speed up as much as possible with gold, have all your nests free for it. Without doing all this, I shouldn't expect new diamondhybrids from it. It was my worst investment in the game... My advice: Use your gold for something that helps you always like an extra nest or a GPD, iso something that gives you a higher chance but no guarantees for only 1 week...

The1stCaretaker
11-22-17, 08:15 AM
I'm really hoping there's land and more 5 dragon habitat upgrades but I have a feeling those of us landlocked long time players are going to watch a bunch of stuff come and go and suffer. That is just how it always is with storm8, and it is very sad. I can't buy and place anything. My only option is upgrade more habitats to hold 5 dragons and from the black Friday coming soon picture its a upgradable habitat that was already released and been upgraded by me.

tinkyw1nky
11-22-17, 08:22 AM
Really, for a BF sale? It's only active for 7 days after you bought it. 7x a small chance is still a small chance! You have to activate your 2nd den aswell to get most out of it, speed up as much as possible with gold, have all your nests free for it. Without doing all this, I shouldn't expect new diamondhybrids from it. It was my worst investment in the game... My advice: Use your gold for something that helps you always like an extra nest or a GPD, iso something that gives you a higher chance but no guarantees for only 1 week...

Try to combine diamond temple with breeding roost + 10x breed and 10x egg boosts from bingo. Use 1 gold to speed up every fail. I think doing this you are pretty guaranteed to get some diamond hybrids like Achilles, diamond/water, diamond/magic etc..

Jackiesq
11-22-17, 09:22 AM
Try to combine diamond temple with breeding roost + 10x breed and 10x egg boosts from bingo. Use 1 gold to speed up every fail. I think doing this you are pretty guaranteed to get some diamond hybrids like Achilles, diamond/water, diamond/magic etc..

I got them without the temple! 😊 But that wasn't my point. It was more that on a BF sale I should use my gold for better stuff. And I hope we get a lot of it to choose from! 😉

I think most players that want to buy it the first time, don't realizing that you have to be prepared before you buy it because the timer counting down from that moment and that need more then only buying the temple (2nd den, free nests, boosts, gold to speed up).... And every next week costs 300 gold!

AwesomeChefDad
11-22-17, 10:23 AM
The Alchemy is shown now for 4k, I would wager they knock it down to 2k as the "deal".

The return on that price of 2k would mean 400 days once you maxed it to the 5 GPD (that would take probably 5 days).

Lets see but at 2k it is not a deal I would go for even though I do not have it.

Jackiesq
11-22-17, 10:43 AM
The Alchemy is shown now for 4k, I would wager they knock it down to 2k as the "deal".

The return on that price of 2k would mean 400 days once you maxed it to the 5 GPD (that would take probably 5 days).

Lets see but at 2k it is not a deal I would go for even though I do not have it.

An old expired GPD for the old price (1600 gold) is a better offer then 2000 for this one... But I really hope they give us a good saleprice for the expired GPD's and this one!

amerirish
11-22-17, 10:51 AM
Even if the only thing we get is more land, I'll be a happy player.

newzealander
11-22-17, 12:58 PM
Even if the only thing we get is more land, I'll be a happy player.

amerirish
11-22-17, 12:59 PM

lol :D

nicsdragonisle
11-22-17, 02:32 PM
Everything you said plus lands for the people who are landlocked.

GPD at least 50% off. Not one of those 4000 gold GPD for 2000, but 800 gold GPD for 400 gold or less.
Yep. Frankly, that's it for me.
Habs are nice but they do go on sale occasionally. Land should just be a GIFT!

rheina
11-24-17, 12:11 PM
OK, finally! Very nice selection! But!
Why the gold sale ended up? It lasted just a several hours. Please, bring that back!!! How we are supposed to guess how much gold to stock up?!?

tinkyw1nky
11-24-17, 12:14 PM
Bought a couple of the 5 dragon habitats immediately including the fey one for 75 which is a steal. Really considering using my last 1000 to buy that glided dragon lol. Nice selection for sure though!

kimandamelia
11-24-17, 12:25 PM
No land huh? So disgusted.

tromalyt
11-24-17, 12:25 PM
Bought a couple of the 5 dragon habitats immediately including the fey one for 75 which is a steal. Really considering using my last 1000 to buy that glided dragon lol. Nice selection for sure though!

I bought 5 Fairy crossroads so far. just in case it is a mistake and they change the prize . I don't want to wait and see that the habitat is not longer available, I am removing all my Blue lagoons and replacing them with these 5 dragons habitats.

Also I bought the gilded gold dragon. The only gold producing dragon I did not have.

Jackiesq
11-24-17, 12:33 PM
I bought 5 Fairy crossroads so far. just in case it is a mistake and they change the prize . I don't want to wait and see that the habitat is not longer available, I am removing all my Blue lagoons and replacing them with these 5 dragons habitats.

Also I bought the gilded gold dragon. The only gold producing dragon I did not have.

I bought Gilded first, wanted to buy some 5holding habitats too, but my game crashed! Gilded egg and 1000 gold gone! I don't want to buy anything before I have a response on my ticket...

ksbmommy
11-24-17, 12:42 PM

Same here, 6 habitats and gilded.

RhodryMaelwaedd
11-24-17, 12:50 PM
1000 gold for a gpd is still ridiculous imo. I am not going to do that. I am glad to see i can buy my 4th nest for 500 cause that got away from me last time. But very disappointed in the gpd's.

sipland
11-24-17, 01:10 PM
Wow I was very excited to see Soccer for 350 gold ... until I realized it's only habitat is "on sale" for 720 gold. That is crazy!

RhodryMaelwaedd
11-24-17, 01:13 PM
Wow I was very excited to see Soccer for 350 gold ... until I realized it's only habitat is "on sale" for 720 gold. That is crazy!

Lol, i had exactly the same experience!

The1stCaretaker
11-24-17, 01:44 PM
Lol, i had exactly the same experience!

Yes it's crazy. Ios got it for free back when everyone could complete world events very easily but for android it's 3 times the price of a regular 4 dragon habitat. Just crazy

Florr06
11-24-17, 02:23 PM
I'm so disappointed by the GPD price :( 1000 gold is not affordable for me, I had 300 gold and some credits in my google play account, but would still have to spend 20 euro to get Gilded which is way more than I want to spend on a mobile game. I've bought two of the Fairy Crossroad habitat though, 75 gold for a 5 dragon habitat seems a good deal.

random59
11-24-17, 02:41 PM
Swapped 9 habitats that hold 3 dragons to the 5 dragon Fey habitat, bought 3 more and then bought 3 of the 5 peak habitats which gives me a fair bit of breathing space.

We now need to have the Stone the Dinasour habitats upgraded!

glenngenius
11-24-17, 02:51 PM
No goldwing sale?! :( I was hoping I can finally buy that ol' guy.

That Fairy Crossroad habitat is a must-buy! 75 gold for a 5-dragon habitat is a nice deal.

glenngenius
11-24-17, 02:55 PM
Before I forget, all the sale dragons that are not marked as "not found through breeding" are breedable right? 'Cause I bred Diamond/Mythic and I got a 6-hr timer. I can't remember any 6-hr dragon that results from this combo.

rose114750
11-24-17, 03:04 PM
They neeeeed to put a sticky up. Does anyone know when the sale ends? I wanted to get Gilded but I'm 12 gold short, any recommendations for getting fast gold?

RhodryMaelwaedd
11-24-17, 03:28 PM
They neeeeed to put a sticky up. Does anyone know when the sale ends? I wanted to get Gilded but I'm 12 gold short, any recommendations for getting fast gold?

Pop-ups said "sale ends 11/28"

nicsdragonisle
11-24-17, 04:07 PM
I bought Gilded first, wanted to buy some 5holding habitats too, but my game crashed! Gilded egg and 1000 gold gone! I don't want to buy anything before I have a response on my ticket...
Hope that's replaced for you ASAP!

orleansparish
11-24-17, 04:19 PM
I have 399 saved gold. I could have had almost 1000 if I hadnt been dumb and tried so hard to win the leagues. I think ill get a small gem package and purchase a 2nd breeding den. I havent been able to craft a mine dragon since the 3rd or 4th one came out! So thats telling you something!

Other than that, as cute as the habitats are I dont care about them. I wanted the last 2 treasure dragons I needed. Ill hoard gold again and see whats available for xmas.

Jackiesq
11-24-17, 06:47 PM
Hope that's replaced for you ASAP!
Still an empty nest, were that beautyful Gilded egg was and also missing that 1000 gold... 😢
No response on my ticket today, so I guess no answer this weekend!
I have enough to buy it again, but not to buy everything I want. So it's hard to choose what to do now, with no egg or gold back from support... I will defenitly not use my gamecard (I also wanted to use) for a S8 game, if I don't have it back on time to buy more things this sale!
To be continued...

Den8137259
11-24-17, 06:59 PM
I'm eying Habitats that's not on sale ★ so it's next Black Friday sale in 2018 then (: ★

glenngenius
11-24-17, 07:27 PM
Still an empty nest, were that beautyful Gilded egg was and also missing that 1000 gold... ��
No response on my ticket today, so I guess no answer this weekend!
I have enough to buy it again, but not to buy everything I want. So it's hard to choose what to do now, with no egg or gold back from support... I will defenitly not use my gamecard (I also wanted to use) for a S8 game, if I don't have it back on time to buy more things this sale!
To be continued...

Don't buy it again. I suggest wait for the S8 staff to assist you. It might take a while, but they'll surely respond. Have you checked your storage just in case it went there?

AwesomeChefDad
11-24-17, 07:53 PM
I swapped out a bunch of habitats, that is all of interest for me.

DR0G0N
11-24-17, 08:18 PM
Pop-ups said "sale ends 11/28"

So I assume this is considered Cyber Monday sale too then?

harobeda
11-25-17, 12:38 AM

Thanks for pointing that habitat out! Hopefully it wouldn?t have slipped my notice, but I?m glad to have it pointed out! It has changed my isles! I bought loads of them - freeing up some land (as I sold off coin bought habitats) and I still have some of the fairy crossroads to fill with dragons. A way to ease my space issues! 75 gold for 5 dragons is a great deal!

AinoDK
11-25-17, 01:35 AM
The fey habitat is where all my gold will go.

I was landlocked but luckily had room in my stable for 3 dragons so I could start swapping coin habitats for this one for only 75 gold each. So far I have bought 23 and sold all my blue and green coin habitats. Lots of empty space now. Next I will start selling my white habitats. Better finish this weekend before they set a cap on this habitat.

Added: 44 Fey crossroads and 1 Five peaks, now I"m broke but with space that will last a while. Happy :)

Jackiesq
11-25-17, 03:06 AM
Don't buy it again. I suggest wait for the S8 staff to assist you. It might take a while, but they'll surely respond. Have you checked your storage just in case it went there?

Yes I checked everything several times, no egg in storage. I want to wait for the response before I buy it again, but not want to miss this great offer, so I will buy it before the sale ends if I don't have any respons before. Hoped to get it back before the weekend, so many other things I want to buy, but I can't make my calculations about what and when now... 😢
I had a response on a ticket in a few hours, but with a problem during a Leaderboard when I lost points the response was after the LB was finished! (I didn't got them back, but it didn't make a difference at that moment...) So I really don't know what they do now and when they respond! If I only get back my 1000 gold after the sale, I'll miss everything!

lildvil
11-25-17, 05:35 AM
Am kinda disappointed in this sale..everything is gold items nothing for coins. Not everyone has a lot of gold or can afford to buy, so another thing besides events geared towards those who can. What's the point of having coins if nothing ever good is bought with coins.

MajicHearts
11-25-17, 06:05 AM
Am kinda disappointed in this sale..everything is gold items nothing for coins. Not everyone has a lot of gold or can afford to buy, so another thing besides events geared towards those who can. What's the point of having coins if nothing ever good is bought with coins.

You are correct...what good are the coins if they aren’t spent for anything?

MajicHearts
11-25-17, 06:06 AM
This sale is useless for me. I need LAND to purchase habitats and dragons!

ksbmommy
11-25-17, 06:35 AM
Going to get a few more of the fairy crossroad habitat later today. Thought I had enough but then realized we may never see a sale this good on this size again.

I love the habitat design and only 75 gold for five dragons is awesome. Now I can decorate and have plenty of space for dragons.

amalsaba
11-26-17, 12:21 AM
I only bought builder even though he was too expensive. Everything else is just useless to me. Now I have 9 GDP dragons.

amalsaba
11-26-17, 12:23 AM
As long as alchemy is producing 5 gold at max it is not worth the investment. 4000 reduced to 2000? Still a rip off

amalsaba
11-26-17, 12:29 AM
As long as alchemy is producing 5 gold at max it is not worth the investment. 4000 reduced to 2000? Still a rip off

FireballFarm
11-26-17, 12:46 AM
Later this week, after reviewing which item(s) sold well, I wonder if anyone at S8 will FINALLY catch on to the idea that lower, reasonable prices = more sales = more profit and happy players? That successful mobile games make money from frequent, small purchases- not from overpriced $30 "value" packs that don't include any in-app currency? Probably not. Sigh.

They've sold TONS of the 75 gold Fairy Crossroads. Almost everyone I've visited today has at least one, most have several.

FireballFarm
11-26-17, 01:00 AM

Yep. That is waaaay too high- regular and ridiculous "sale" price.

I was looking at the prices of various dragons earlier, both the ones on sale and ones that are not. The valuations are absurd- not only how high the prices are, but the total lack of logic behind the prices. Who the heck is ever going to spend 1300 gold (nearly $35USD when gold is 30% off) on a Bat Dragon that can be bred any day of the week? White Gold and several Champs are close to the same price. How does that even make sense? They are totally off their rockers with valuations. A "sale" price of 50 gold for a one-square palm tree that has been available for free and in multiples many, many times during past events? And will, no doubt, be a booby prize on the Wheel many more times in the future? Whoever invents the values for items needs to be replaced by someone who is sane. They might even start making a nice profit again if the prices of stuff were lowered, made sense, and were reasonable. Value matters.

AinoDK
11-26-17, 03:53 AM
They might even start making a nice profit again if the prices of stuff were lowered, made sense, and were reasonable. Value matters.

Oh so true

oxRoseHavenxo
11-26-17, 05:12 AM
The picture of the sale shows a breeding roost on sale, however when I went to purchase it says limit reached. I have a regular breeding roost and a purple one that is inactive. (You have to pay gold to use it.) I can't delete the purple one that is useless ... Can this be fixed? I'd really like a 2nd breeding roost I could use ....

harobeda
11-26-17, 10:11 AM
The picture of the sale shows a breeding roost on sale, however when I went to purchase it says limit reached. I have a regular breeding roost and a purple one that is inactive. (You have to pay gold to use it.) I can't delete the purple one that is useless ... Can this be fixed? I'd really like a 2nd breeding roost I could use ....

The purple one can be re-activated. It normally costs 100 gold to activate for a week. Currently on sale for 50 gold to activate for a week. That’s the roost that’s on sale they’re referring to.

jjblueyes
11-26-17, 02:36 PM
Is the stable on sale? I have no idea what it normally is....

11-26-17, 02:38 PM
Will there be more sale for Christmas, or there are just Black Friday sale? I want to save gold for next sale if there are.

harobeda
11-26-17, 04:02 PM
Is the stable on sale? I have no idea what it normally is....

Regular prices:
Buying stable: 25 Gold, 5 Dragons
1st upgrade: 70 Gold, 10 Dragons
2nd upgrade: 140 Gold, 20 Dragons
3rd upgrade: 360 Gold, 40 Dragons
4th/final upgrade: 1000 Gold, 80 Dragons

Sales prices:
Buying stable: 12 Gold, 5 Dragons (could be 13 gold... I’m guessing on how the halved 25)
1st upgrade: 35 Gold, 10 Dragons
2nd upgrade: 70 Gold, 20 Dragons
3rd upgrade: 180 Gold, 40 Dragons
4th/final upgrade: 500 Gold, 80 Dragons

harobeda
11-26-17, 04:04 PM
Will there be more sale for Christmas, or there are just Black Friday sale? I want to save gold for next sale if there are.

No guarantee- last year there was nothing significant but the years before there had been. Time will tell.

jjblueyes
11-26-17, 11:03 PM
Regular prices:
Buying stable: 25 Gold, 5 Dragons
1st upgrade: 70 Gold, 10 Dragons
2nd upgrade: 140 Gold, 20 Dragons
3rd upgrade: 360 Gold, 40 Dragons
4th/final upgrade: 1000 Gold, 80 Dragons

Sales prices:
Buying stable: 12 Gold, 5 Dragons (could be 13 gold... I’m guessing on how the halved 25)
1st upgrade: 35 Gold, 10 Dragons
2nd upgrade: 70 Gold, 20 Dragons
3rd upgrade: 180 Gold, 40 Dragons
4th/final upgrade: 500 Gold, 80 Dragons

Thanks!

amerirish
11-27-17, 08:32 AM
I just made a post in the Suggestion thread, but wanted to mention this here too. There were a couple of relisted dragons that came back for sale that I was interested in buying but could not because I don't have the nest space available. I think it's totally unfair that we are forced to hatch purchased dragons immediately. If we're spending gold/money then we should be able to put the egg in storage and hatch it when we want to.

AinoDK
11-27-17, 01:48 PM
Dear S(anta)8

I have been a nice girl, buying gold and picking up 48 Crossroad habitats.

For X-mas I want a sale on a 5-dragon black/pink/purple/whatever habitat for 75 gold.
If you get me that, I promise to
1) Buy more gold, so I can get heaps of this habitat
2) Not complain about lack of land, at least for a long while

RocioBM
11-27-17, 02:22 PM
Any info on Cyber Monday??

judyandthecat
11-27-17, 04:18 PM
Dear S(anta)8

I have been a nice girl, buying gold and picking up 48 Crossroad habitats.

For X-mas I want a sale on a 5-dragon black/pink/purple/whatever habitat for 75 gold.
If you get me that, I promise to
1) Buy more gold, so I can get heaps of this habitat
2) Not complain about lack of land, at least for a long while

Haha way to go I thought I bought a lot...30
You blew me out of the water.
I want what you want from santa...

kat8rose
11-27-17, 05:38 PM
Land, 4/5 dragon habitats for coins, and upgraded food options to produce more

Jackiesq
11-27-17, 05:47 PM
Yeahhhhhhh problem solved by support! 👍Thanks Zoey and Elsa!
Gilded 😍 on my nest again! And Alchemy on another nest... 😉
Happy Jackie! 😃

Bastiaan0
11-28-17, 02:56 PM
I was slightly worried when the game said the sale would end on the 28th because I was only a few gold away from Gilded for Drie. Thank God (and S8, too :p) it ended later than expected and Gilded is on the nest now :) I now have exactly zero gold left...

For Twee I bought the stable (finally!) and upgraded it immediately to the highest level. As planned I put nearly all champs in there, only leaving the one champion grounds I ever had. Gives room for 4 more habitats, so I bought a fairy crossroads, midnight garden, snake river and ethereal escape. I never wanted to have more than one of each golden habitat, I'm always saving gold for single color premium habitats. But only if they're on sale, too bad it was only the black ones. I upgraded 8 of those.
Still have 4.7k gold left, somehow I have a feeling a new GPD will be released towards the end of this year ;)

amalsaba
12-02-17, 05:43 PM
We didn't see many GDPs this black Friday sale. Anyways, Christmas is coming Maybe we can see rose gold and silver Stirling on sale then?