PDA

View Full Version : Gloriosa Dragon- November 17 2017

random59
11-17-17, 11:46 AM
Red Yellow
10 hours

Sunlight/Fire

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40013&d=1510944567 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40013&d=1510944567)

bozotc19
11-17-17, 11:48 AM
Huh?...

amerirish
11-17-17, 11:55 AM
Rarity: Common
Type: Yellow Red
Habitat: Yellow Plateau, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 4
Buying Price: 400 Gold {On Sale for 200 Gold}
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 10 hours
Exp Gained: 75

bozotc19
11-17-17, 11:58 AM
Is this the stupidass dragon we are supposed th hatch for this event?

lenasdinner
11-17-17, 12:00 PM
yellow/red ? again ? really? uuhhhhhh:(

random59
11-17-17, 12:06 PM
Is this the stupidass dragon we are supposed th hatch for this event?

Probably, won’t know until someone posts chapters of current Tales

amerirish
11-17-17, 12:14 PM
It's especially irritating if you consider all of the LT and goal dragons we have on our hands this week. This stupid Common, the limited time Brilliant and the limited time relisted Samurai/Cirque/Underworld. Not to mention that we will also have to breed certain dragons during the event which further cuts into trying to breed dragons we want as opposed to ones we have to breed.

I am absolutely convinced that the people who 'plan' these events do not even play this game. If I'm wrong, then it means they're totally uncaring of their players' enjoyment :(

orson32
11-17-17, 12:19 PM
Playful and Gold..first attempt...wish they were all this easy

ksbmommy
11-17-17, 12:34 PM
11 hour butterfly fail on the first try, ugg! Can never get a common when I need a common......

NeidusBluetip
11-17-17, 01:12 PM
Man. I haven't even been able to breed the stupid Brilliant dragon yet! They just keep barfing out WAY too much stuff all at once.

cat_chick10
11-17-17, 05:55 PM
First try 8 hours. Ironic, because I think it's a Hoot and I spent 6 straight days trying to breed that during the last Tales

cat_chick10
11-17-17, 07:36 PM
First try 8 hours. Ironic, because I think it's a Hoot and I spent 6 straight days trying to breed that during the last Tales

Joke's on me . . . accidentally bred Fire and Bronze instead of Fire and Air. Guess I have a Disco dragon

FireballFarm
11-18-17, 12:49 AM
Mythic X Infinty. Had to use Mythic for a Bingo task, so that worked out nicely. :)

giuarm24
11-18-17, 02:09 AM
Mythic X Infinty. Had to use Mythic for a Bingo task, so that worked out nicely. :)

Me too I had a bingo task. With Birthstone so I tried with fire... now I’m stucked at 18hrs! I cannot even imagine what could it be!

GinettaZ
11-18-17, 03:50 AM
Yep, I bred Nyx and CynderFyre got 10 hrs and the egg is in the nest now! Shocked, since it's not what I wanted.

GinettaZ
11-18-17, 03:51 AM
Tried again, same parents, got 21 hrs ... any idea what the egg will be.

GinettaZ
11-18-17, 03:57 AM
Apparently Brilliant is 21 hrs... I think thats what l will get. Just bred Nyx and CynderFyre. Good luck

FireballFarm
11-18-17, 04:10 AM
Apparently Brilliant is 21 hrs... I think thats what l will get. Just bred Nyx and CynderFyre. Good luck

I hope you get a Brilliant! The dragons with both fey and elemental types in them have a huge number of potential outcomes.
Cinder Fyre X Nyx has at least 137 possible outcomes, and 4 of them are 21 hours: Poison(common), Social, Duchess, and Brilliant. Fingers crossed for you. :)

(Forest Fyre is even worse because it's fey/elemental/pink- all three of which can split. Some combos with FF as a parent have over 170 possible outcomes, a new record for the game. I like "casting a big net" breeding, though. The fails tend to be much more interesting than when there are only 10-15 possible outcomes, and often times it comes up with a dragon I don't have yet.)

ksbmommy
11-18-17, 05:17 AM
Firestorm, mythic, butterfly, firemane. There's another 12 hour on the nest, lucky me!

cat_chick10
11-18-17, 08:26 AM
Try 2 is a 12 hour for me!

skyharbor602
11-18-17, 11:16 AM
1st Try: Firestorm/Firemane - Firestorm
2nd Try: Firestorm/Firemane - Hoot
3rd Try: Butterfly/Camelot - Gloriosa

ksbmommy
11-18-17, 04:14 PM
FINALLY! Eagle and Thoughtful, 10 hours!

desraymlp
11-18-17, 06:28 PM
Wow, got it first try with Air and Comet

FireballFarm
11-18-17, 07:20 PM
I am wondering if people could please post whether or not they have activated their Dragon Tales along with their success and/or failures in breeding this dragon.

Someone mentioned last DT that they thought it was easier to breed the needed dragon BEFORE starting the DT, and I'd love to see what everyone's experience is with that, to see how the theory pans out. :)

I got a Gloriosa very quickly and my DT is NOT activated yet.

ozigal
11-18-17, 08:17 PM
I haven't had any luck with the breeding as yet... my DT is Not activated.

skyharbor602
11-18-17, 09:04 PM
I seem to always have success breeding before the DT starts. Gloriosa is on the nest right now.

leo2010leo
11-18-17, 11:11 PM
10 h Fire/Air (can only be Gloriosa, right?), second try, DT activated.

ozigal
11-19-17, 12:15 AM
Finally.. Yippee....Fire and Air. Had to speed it up to make sure as I think honeybee is also 10 hrs. DT not activated. I try to get the common b4 I start the tales.

MajicHearts
11-19-17, 06:19 AM

What did you get?

Morag2000
11-19-17, 08:28 AM
If I hatch my Gloriosa dragon and put it in the habitat before it tells me to, will it still count?

Does anyone know, please

lenasdinner
11-19-17, 11:39 AM
If I hatch my Gloriosa dragon and put it in the habitat before it tells me to, will it still count?

Does anyone know, please

I hatch dragon like this before act started fue tales before and it counts.

weepieeee:o I've got mine Gloriosa,speed it up so I can be sure and start tales right away.now it's on...yess.
my combo was Firestorm+Fire,I had fue fails...Firestorm,Wooden,Butterfly,Fireflower and ofcorse Hoot(I just knew it that this will come as soon as I drop yellow/red on den.since I coulden't breed it last time and I had to buy one:p......ahhh well......

AinoDK
11-19-17, 12:20 PM
Finally: Atlas and Playful. Tale is active, but it took a lot of fails, incl. superrare honeybee

Now back to trying for Brilliant

@Morag2000: In previous recent tales there have been reports that it counted, even when placed in habitat beforehand. However earlier on it didn"t count, and there is no guarantee it will work this time. Personally I am not taking the risk unless someone reports it working for this tale

hennarhennar
11-20-17, 10:06 AM
It's especially irritating if you consider all of the LT and goal dragons we have on our hands this week. This stupid Common, the limited time Brilliant and the limited time relisted Samurai/Cirque/Underworld. Not to mention that we will also have to breed certain dragons during the event which further cuts into trying to breed dragons we want as opposed to ones we have to breed.

I am absolutely convinced that the people who 'plan' these events do not even play this game. If I'm wrong, then it means they're totally uncaring of their players' enjoyment :(

fully according to your words ..
they do not play...
they only care that people spend their money in gold ... and earn more ..
It's a shame because this game is going to disappear ... because in the end we'll all stop doing what they want out of boredom and weariness.
You no longer look for the dragons that you want ... among other things because they do not come out (I do not know what they have done), but if you are going to look for a dragon in particular ... that never comes out ... (I've been one year behind of Darksteel) ... before it was difficult ... but insisting he left ... now it is impossible ...
you have to put and find what they tell you ...
In addition to boring provokes and opposite effect ... that if not the dragon that you are looking for and they ask you ... because you can not advance in the event and you stay there without being able to continue playing because these people of S8 have decided that you need that dragon and if you do not, you do not do anything because they decide so ...
a shame
It has happened to me in 2 events like this ... and I had to slow down and leave the game halfway ...
Greetings to all

bozotc19
11-20-17, 10:50 AM
There seems to be a glitch in the breeding algorithm. In my 3 games, I have bred over 32 times and can’t a a common Gloriosa dragon. I’ve gotten 6 rare mythical and 5 super Rares, along with 6 wooden , 3 firemane, etc. what are the odds of not getting a common while breeding this many times. Infinitesimal. Clearly, s8 does not consider this a common under the current algorithm. What a bunch of ****.

cat_chick10
11-20-17, 12:39 PM
How have I gotten two Fireflower dragons? :(

saghaven
11-20-17, 02:58 PM
Just managed to get one after doing the Firestorm task in the Tales.

cat_chick10
11-20-17, 05:37 PM
Woohoo a Wooden Dragon

DR0G0N
11-20-17, 05:47 PM
Eh...2nd attempt with plain old Fire and Air, got Gloriosa (a level 164 player, so the odds were in my favor this time around).

DR0G0N
11-20-17, 05:51 PM
I am wondering if people could please post whether or not they have activated their Dragon Tales along with their success and/or failures in breeding this dragon.

Someone mentioned last DT that they thought it was easier to breed the needed dragon BEFORE starting the DT, and I'd love to see what everyone's experience is with that, to see how the theory pans out. :)

Umm, I just let it autostart and didn’t really start playing till day 2 b/c really not motivated anymore with all the nerfing of the dragons. And from the above post it only took me 2 tries to get the dragon.

missbandette
11-20-17, 06:02 PM
I finally got 10 hours but it was honeybee! Boo! Lol!

pernmagic
11-21-17, 03:00 AM
2nd attempt fire and air .....10 hours egg .....on nest it's the right one :)

nicsdragonisle
11-21-17, 04:10 AM

That USED to be the case for me, but no longer.
i waited to activate on both of my main games-always do. On Ch 4 now and just got Gloriosa on one and 8 hours on another. During the last Tales it wasn't until the day I needed it (forgetting the dragon at the moment).
Before they started introducing new ones, I used to be able to breed the required common dragons (like fuzzy) straight away and just hold them on a nest. I always had the egg before I started Tales. This isn't the case for me any longer, even if I wait until it auto starts.

Junebuggey
11-21-17, 07:06 AM
What does the Gloiosa egg look like and can you place it early and still count for the event? Thanks

anaghasaki
11-21-17, 07:16 AM
What does the Gloiosa egg look like and can you place it early and still count for the event? Thanks

Check first page for the egg pic.. About placing it earlier, I don't know.. I am not taking any chance though.. If you have more than 1 nest, let it sit in there till you need it..

Got it just now with my second try (till now was trying for brilliant, no luck there yet) with playful and air..

deadpixel
11-21-17, 10:50 AM
Finally, after uncountable failures and with just 14 hours to go before Chapter 6 begins, Air and Fire. I had two Honeybees and was afraid this would be a third, but good luck finally took over from the streak of bad luck.

Or maybe S8 increased the chances for these few hours leading up to Chapter 6?

amerirish
11-21-17, 12:10 PM

You can satisfy the "hatch" requirement 2 ways; either by taking the parents out of the den and placing the egg on the nest or by actually hatching the completed egg & placing the dragon in a habitat. Either way, you must wait until you are prompted for this to work. Best of luck :)

cat_chick10
11-21-17, 01:12 PM
Woot finally got my Gloriosa this morning! Mythic and Firestorm on about my eighth try!

RCShay
11-21-17, 02:52 PM
You can satisfy the "hatch" requirement 2 ways; either by taking the parents out of the den and placing the egg on the nest or by actually hatching the completed egg & placing the dragon in a habitat. Either way, you must wait until you are prompted for this to work. Best of luck :)

I accidentally hatched/placed mine early. So you are saying this wont count and I will have to hatch another one? That is both ridiculous and probably impossible at this point. I had to spend 300 gold just to get the first one, and I only did it because it is a requirement to get the warm feystones i need.

Caristalyc
11-21-17, 02:56 PM
I accidentally hatched/placed mine early. So you are saying this wont count and I will have to hatch another one? That is both ridiculous and probably impossible at this point. I had to spend 300 gold just to get the first one, and I only did it because it is a requirement to get the warm feystones i need.

The last few events where it has been required to hatch a new animal, it has counted if you’ve already hatched it. Try for another if you want to make sure but don’t waste gold on it. They’ve always counted for me both in DS & FS

cat_chick10
11-21-17, 05:04 PM
Woot finally got my Gloriosa this morning! Mythic and Firestorm on about my eighth try!

Oh darn I just realized Gloriosa isn't the only 10 hour option :( We'll see but I bet it's Honeybee

cat_chick10
11-21-17, 05:35 PM
Oh darn I just realized Gloriosa isn't the only 10 hour option :( We'll see but I bet it's Honeybee

Update: It was Honeybee :( Got another 10 hour on the nest now though, so hoping for a better result this time!

PrincessCouture2014
11-22-17, 12:08 AM
got it in my first attempt. Crusader x Marshmallow

cherrycastleorchard
11-22-17, 02:00 AM
Chapter 6 started and still no Gloriosa, have been trying for 6 days now, what a joke, cannot complete tales without it and refuse to use gold when they make it sooooo hard, guess I could just give up now.

cherrycastleorchard
11-22-17, 02:37 AM
Finally, after uncountable failures and with just 14 hours to go before Chapter 6 begins, Air and Fire. I had two Honeybees and was afraid this would be a third, but good luck finally took over from the streak of bad luck.

Don?t think they did

Gladiola8
11-22-17, 03:11 AM
Chapter 6 started and still no Gloriosa, have been trying for 6 days now, what a joke, cannot complete tales without it and refuse to use gold when they make it sooooo hard, guess I could just give up now.

Try fire & air, red & yellow (not yellow & red as per instruction) this worked for me. I read some players used this combo too and it worked for them.

dragonwhispereri
11-22-17, 04:35 AM
I?ve tried all combinations, used speed breedings and still haven?t gotten any of the four dragons! So frustrating 😡
I?m at the tales point now and can?t continue. Guess it?s time to give up.

missourijan
11-22-17, 05:44 AM
I?ve tried all combinations, used speed breedings and still haven?t gotten any of the four dragons! So frustrating ��
I?m at the tales point now and can?t continue. Guess it?s time to give up.

me too. six days. speed breeding. I quit. common my a$$ I am just gonna quit playing their stupid events. not fun and not doable and will save me a ton.of money.

Sugarcat5
11-22-17, 07:23 AM
I finally got it....yeah! Just in time for chapter 6 in tales. Took a chance with plain air and fire after all crazy combos n it worked.

nicsdragonisle
11-22-17, 02:36 PM
Just got 10 hr with Day 6 tomorrow. We shall see...

cat_chick10
11-22-17, 03:10 PM
Gloriosa about to hatch in 10 minutes! Maybe there's still hope!

eluanacherry
11-22-17, 08:15 PM
I got it on my first try with Fire and Air

Zummat
11-23-17, 06:46 AM
No luck here. Wooden, Hoot, Firestorm two of each so far and another 15 hour timer in the den. :mad:
I’m beginning to hate this game.

tromalyt
11-23-17, 07:31 AM

Congratz!

The point here is that nobody believes any more that this is a "random' event.

zayn95
11-23-17, 07:49 AM
Four different combs and four wooden in a row. What are the odds?

Athabasca55
11-23-17, 10:08 AM
Got it second try with Firestorm and Honeybee. Thought the teaming up of two red yellow hybrids would do the trick. Good luck everyone who is still trying, too bad this is a toughie....

Irisetta
11-23-17, 10:20 AM
Probably, won?t know until someone posts chapters of current Tales

Yeah it's the chapter 6 act 2 of the "A Fey Sky" storybook event...I got it 1st try with clockwork and fireflower dragons.

FieldsLikeB
11-23-17, 10:49 AM
#FlatFoot, this is one of the nicest dragons I have at level six idea just lovely. I'd have really worked to get it as a last prize dragon. Definately the best of the flowers!

kat8rose
11-23-17, 08:41 PM
Just about had it with trying for this and brilliant . Too many fails, probably won't even get the 2nd tales dragon.... again... Due to these untradable commons. Sick of the game, need to just gift and not play for a while. Too **** aggravating, S8. And unfair. No gold for Black Friday this year for me. Not worth it at this point of frustration. Will keep trying but not expecting anything anymore.

Good luck to all. Happy Thanksgiving USA.

LynniesDragons
11-23-17, 09:00 PM
Thank You! I just tried clockwork & fireman?s and got Gloriosa on fist try.

centraloffice
11-24-17, 07:50 AM
The sad part is, you really want to play but due to being timed, if you don't get the common dragon after 6 tries like me, you don't get to play the rest of the game and you loose out. A common dragon should NOT be this difficult to get! Very disappointing.

centraloffice
11-24-17, 01:31 PM
Agreed. It's supposed to be fun, a game, not when the goals are unattainable. After 6 tries you would think they would make sure you get it...we are loyal players....for now. I love this game but my loyalty is starting to wain.

Huera1958
11-24-17, 04:58 PM
I agree, and not to mention we use to play free, now no matter what, u gotta BUY GOLD, or it'llnever freakin happen. Im gonna stop thd challenges and just grab al, of the free ones, while im making apples and sving gold sent by frie ds.... just saying

Huera1958
11-24-17, 05:28 PM
No, just like CRAFTING in adv, ur screwed, only thing is to QUEST all the items u can on ur own, it helps to collect what u can in advance...just saying, hope it helps.

cat_chick10
11-24-17, 09:31 PM
Ironically I have now bred a second Gloriosa.

Ann255780
11-26-17, 06:40 AM
Seriously I got 3 super rares straight 1 wooden, few hoot and still can't this so called common:mad::confused: