PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 11/16: Community Event | The Soup Kitchen | goals in post 2-3

Pages : 1 [2] 3

jesslau9
11-19-17, 10:27 PM
need skunks too! i just cleared 20 tree logs without any Skunks..

but Skunks trap cost 5 gems each, and if I buy 2 traps, fight 2 skunks, I can get 2 bitter beans right? better than paying 25*2 for 2 bitter beans

idkat
11-20-17, 03:41 AM
My level 6 soup kitchen just dropped 4 carrots with the 25 tickets!

Has anyone had luck spawning skunkupines from the lair of beasts?

What is the lair of beasts? Happy to try anything as getting no skunkupines anywhere. And people are saying make ahead.... I can't even get what I need let alone extras.

jaymieb2
11-20-17, 03:46 AM
Uggh! Please have the troll drop more than water, S8!

Calgera
11-20-17, 05:31 AM
My level 6 soup kitchen just dropped 4 carrots with the 25 tickets!

Has anyone had luck spawning skunkupines from the lair of beasts?

Yes, already spawned two skunks. I really appreciate the lair of beasts, it also helped me during the last monster hunt with fang beasts. :D

casalorena
11-20-17, 05:40 AM
Oooooooo!!! I've been doing lucky trades for energy (and money) for this event and it just dropped a gold troll token!! Woot!! That's a first ever for me! I didn't even know that was possible!

What?s a lucky trade? I can?t find it. Maybe I don?t have the right building. Thanks in advance.🙂

idkat
11-20-17, 07:33 AM
Yes, already spawned two skunks. I really appreciate the lair of beasts, it also helped me during the last monster hunt with fang beasts. :D

Again, what is the lair of beasts? It doesn't exist in the forum inventory list. Help!!! I really need some skunkupines!

eam13
11-20-17, 07:34 AM
Having a rough time with the skunkupines, of course ... but where else can you get the stuff to make roasted nuts? I don?t know if I?ll be able to upgrade at the 12 hour drop rate at Ivy?s and it?s freaking me out!!

meme1098
11-20-17, 07:34 AM
What is the lair of beasts? Happy to try anything as getting no skunkupines anywhere. And people are saying make ahead.... I can't even get what I need let alone extras.

Lair of Beasts - Expired
Storable: Yes
Info: Visit the Lair of Beasts for a chance to lure monsters or monster materials!
Type: Decoration
Source: Event
Size: 2x2
Sell: item cannot be sold!
Drops: Monsters, Monster Materials
Events: A Candy Conniption - October 2017
Collection: 720 minutes // 12 hours
Collection Speed-up: 48

PrincessCupOButter
11-20-17, 07:35 AM

The lair of beasts was a prize from the recent Halloween event. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101140-Castle-Story-10-5-Candy-Conniption-Community-Event-EXPIRED

What?s a lucky trade? I can?t find it. Maybe I don?t have the right building. Thanks in advance.��

The lucky trades are done in the lucky workshop. This building came from the St Patrick's Day 2016 event. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89601-Castle-Story-3-03-Update-The-Season-of-Luck-(timed-optional)-EXPIRED

I've gotten 2 skunkupines from the lair of beasts. But the trolls seem to like it more than any other monster. My 'lucky' trade yielded 5 energy.
I managed to burn through all my daily Ali's (approx 190 energy) this morning on tree logs, old logs, plant in a tree, and a few acers trees and spawned one skunkupine. Plus I only got 3 glimmer truffles. The drops and spawns are ridiculously low for this event.

PrincessCupOButter
11-20-17, 07:40 AM
Having a rough time with the skunkupines, of course ... but where else can you get the stuff to make roasted nuts? I don?t know if I?ll be able to upgrade at the 12 hour drop rate at Ivy?s and it?s freaking me out!!

The Help Out at the Soup Kitchen Adventure has a chance of dropping the seasoning spices. That is the only other source besides using gems to buy them or speed up Ivy's Hut.

hagypagy
11-20-17, 08:13 AM
Any tips on spawning Skunkupines?!?
I've only had 4 since the start ��
(1 from a trap in storage , 2 from the Lair of Beasts , 1 from Acre Trees)

Never have I been behind like this!!
Please help!

nateryd
11-20-17, 09:23 AM
I just got the 4th individual prize.. one of my gifts were autumn leaves?!? We don’t even need these for this event... that was for last fall wasn’t it?
Also as for the skunkupines I literally had to buy a trap for almost everyone of them. I’m lucky I guess that my Lair of beasts has always spawned skunkupines, never any other beast.

netwiz3
11-20-17, 09:35 AM
I just got the 4th individual prize.. one of my gifts were autumn leaves?!? We don’t even need these for this event... that was for last fall wasn’t it?
Also as for the skunkupines I literally had to buy a trap for almost everyone of them. I’m lucky I guess that my Lair of beasts has always spawned skunkupines, never any other beast.

Check post 4 on the first page... The leaves can be chopped for Acorns etc.

LadyRissaRenae
11-20-17, 10:00 AM

Please help!

I can only get my Lair of Beasts to spawn Skunks... and that's ALL it's spawning (normally I wouldn't complain, but with a 12 hour collection time, that's a pretty bad rate). Nothing else spawns them for me. You can't convince me that S8 doesn't rewrite the spawn and drop rules during events. I also haven't received a single gold nugget from the usual sources, and surprise, we need those for quests. This is unfair. No way am I spending money on this game if this is the way they play.

TheRuneRealm
11-20-17, 10:35 AM
The pictures in the above quote show the info from the "?" on the community event screen. The question mark is not on the cauldron. It is in the top right corner above the individual prizes.

The info provided by S8 says the soup cauldron "has a chance to drop food items". (See photo above.)

As with all community events, actual drops are generally not known until the event ends. This is why Shibuyacloth places question marks on the unknowns next to the pictures. The information and photos posted early in these threads is from players who are generously compiling information as it is obtained, giving the rest of us helpful guidelines and hints. They (players) cannot confirm drops from an item that no one has acquired yet.

THANK you so much for that info and photos - I did push on the ?mark on top right, but I cant see what your picture shows, I can only see the beginning text and the soup kitchen level text, I can see no further, the page wont scrool down..! glitch?

Well, I guess, I'll do what I can to get as far as I can :-)

Another thing that baffles me: the autumn arch is ready for purchase in the market, but is yet not unlocked in the community prices, how can that be??

maxiandtaz
11-20-17, 11:20 AM
THANK you so much for that info and photos - I did push on the ?mark on top right, but I cant see what your picture shows, I can only see the beginning text and the soup kitchen level text, I can see no further, the page wont scrool down..! glitch?

Well, I guess, I'll do what I can to get as far as I can :-)

Another thing that baffles me: the autumn arch is ready for purchase in the market, but is yet not unlocked in the community prices, how can that be??

Gives you the option to spend gems on something you have the chance of getting for the community prizes all of those are in the market for gems

EsmeW2
11-20-17, 11:52 AM
I can only get my Lair of Beasts to spawn Skunks... and that's ALL it's spawning (normally I wouldn't complain, but with a 12 hour collection time, that's a pretty bad rate). Nothing else spawns them for me. You can't convince me that S8 doesn't rewrite the spawn and drop rules during events. I also haven't received a single gold nugget from the usual sources, and surprise, we need those for quests. This is unfair. No way am I spending money on this game if this is the way they play.

Ever since I read an earlier post about the Lair of Beasts spawning Skunupines mine has more or less stopped doing this and I've had fangbeasts, boars and trolls from it instead. Before that the Layer was spawning the skunks. I thought S8 had turned them off! I'm getting them very rarely from anywhere else - occasionally from yellow acer chops or the various logs. Falling behind now. I haven't seen one from a plant in a couple of days and I haven't had one at all today. I did get a gold nugget from a mine though.

CharlieGirl9
11-20-17, 12:29 PM

Please help!

I've got most of my skunks from wheat. I don't really have the energy to spare, but it's been my best source so far.

kattkrazie
11-20-17, 12:34 PM
Check post 4 on the first page... The leaves can be chopped for Acorns etc.

Unfortunately, the fall leaves in the 4th individual prize is not the choppable pile of leaves for this event. The fall leaves were used to craft autumn bushes in an old event. It would have been nice to get the new item that's choppable.

netwiz3
11-20-17, 01:07 PM
Aren't "autumn leaves" and "fall leaves" 2 different items... I didn't get either in my prize bundle but do have "fall leaves" from past event that was the decor.

idkat
11-20-17, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I play every event but there have been a couple of late that despite my best efforts I haven't been able to complete. Still a few days to go, but this might be another one.

kattkrazie
11-20-17, 01:50 PM
Aren't "autumn leaves" and "fall leaves" 2 different items... I didn't get either in my prize bundle but do have "fall leaves" from past event that was the decor.

Yep, 2 different items. We get Fall Leaves in the 4th prize, Autumn Leaves are new to this event. But the Fall Leaves aren't deco. They are crafting materials for the autumn bush that we can no longer craft. Makes me wonder if this was a coding error and we were supposed to get the new item - Autumn Leaves. Would make sense.

netwiz3
11-20-17, 01:56 PM

Yep, 2 different items. We get Fall Leaves in the 4th prize, Autumn Leaves are new to this event. But the Fall Leaves aren't deco. They are crafting materials for the autumn bush that we can no longer craft. Makes me wonder if this was a coding error and we were supposed to get the new item - Autumn Leaves. Would make sense.

That's why I asked... Nateryd said he got Autumn Leaves... I got neither(and not maxed). If he DID get Autumn Leaves they should be choppable. :)

kattkrazie
11-20-17, 01:57 PM

This is what we get in the 4th prize. Are you maxed on them maybe?

I'm guessing that this is what Nateryd meant since he said it was from an old event.

PrincessCupOButter
11-20-17, 02:47 PM

I got curious and dug through inventory :eek: I found fall leaves and I have 56, definitely from an event waaaay back.
I agree with you, this has to be a coding error. I haven't reached the 4th prize yet, but it is supposed to be a bundle to help upgrade the soup kitchen, and those fall leaves have no use at all.

SW, any chance you could ask S8 to check on this one too?

nateryd
11-20-17, 02:49 PM

It?s definitely the Fall leaves from a past event. It?s completely useless right now .. lol

nateryd
11-20-17, 02:49 PM

This is what we get in the 4th prize. Are you maxed on them maybe?

I'm guessing that this is what Nateryd meant since he said it was from an old event.

Yup! That’s what I got!

netwiz3
11-20-17, 03:02 PM
I got curious and dug through inventory :eek: I found fall leaves and I have 56, definitely from an event waaaay back.
I agree with you, this has to be a coding error. I haven't reached the 4th prize yet, but it is supposed to be a bundle to help upgrade the soup kitchen, and those fall leaves have no use at all.

SW, any chance you could ask S8 to check on this one too?

I stand corrected... I am maxed on them. Looking at the back of the one's I have in inventory say the max was only 40 and I have 40.

Passera
11-20-17, 03:12 PM
Wow! Just finally spawned the fourth skunkupine needed to level up to 2. I think I’m going to give up on this.

kattkrazie
11-20-17, 03:20 PM
The Soup Kitchen dropped breaded fish this morning. I'm liking it even more. :D

Andro45
11-20-17, 03:39 PM
That was the reason I started this event: a useful building :D

Destiel0918
11-20-17, 04:24 PM
That was the reason I started this event: a useful building :D

Same!

Although I sort of wish I could keep my Baron as a pig - it is HUGE improvement from his normal self. ( Although some may say there is not a big difference..)

I don't want to change him back....

meme1098
11-20-17, 04:59 PM
That's why I asked... Nateryd said he got Autumn Leaves... I got neither(and not maxed). If he DID get Autumn Leaves they should be choppable. :)

I hit the 4th prize this afternoon & the Autumn Leaves are what I got. And took 20 chops as pictured dropped beans, garlic & some other stuff...really would have liked some spices...lol...but didn't get any of that.

kattkrazie
11-20-17, 05:08 PM
I hit the 4th prize this afternoon & the Autumn Leaves are what I got. And took 20 chops as pictured dropped beans, garlic & some other stuff...really would have liked some spices...lol...but didn't get any of that.

Sounds like S8 fixed it today. I wonder if those of us who got the Fall Leaves will now get the correct item? That would be awesome! :o

olcastle
11-20-17, 05:17 PM
Sounds like S8 fixed it today. I wonder if those of us who got the Fall Leaves will now get the correct item? That would be awesome! :o

We should. The bug is not really fixed until everyone get the correct item.

[S8] Elsa
11-20-17, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone,

Earlier there an issue where some players received Fall Leaves instead of Autumn Leaves. This has been resolved and players who received the incorrect reward were credited with the correct item. If you were affected, please restart your game and check your storage. We apologize for the inconvenience!

kattkrazie
11-20-17, 05:54 PM
Elsa;1471939']Hi everyone,

Earlier there an issue where some players received Fall Leaves instead of Autumn Leaves. This has been resolved and players who received the incorrect reward were credited with the correct item. If you were affected, please restart your game and check your storage. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Thanks so much!! My Autumn Leaves turned up in my inventory!!

HuckleTown
11-20-17, 05:59 PM
Re: Skunkupines: I find it unacceptable that I can chop 20+tree logs and spawn zero skunks. The event specifically points us to the expensive tree log for skunks. Instead we are chasing any and all items that might possibly spawn a skunk when those items are not needed for the event (and I'm on the spawn rates are adjusted for events, I can't even begin to count all the fangbeasts I'm spawning)

Also every third tree log does not reward me with an acorn.

The variety is nice, I just don't have extra energy to waste

kattkrazie
11-20-17, 06:12 PM
Another drop that can be recorded for the Soup Kitchen is noodles. It's looking like all food items are a possibility. Maybe?? Hopefully!

It also dropped roast chicken earlier. Not sure how many since I'm maxed.

SkyDragon_Grandine
11-20-17, 06:35 PM
I got my skunnkupines when I chop plants in the log. Once every ten times or so and that has been enough for me to continue as I need about 10 glimmer acorns per skunkupine. That is about 1 in 20 chops. Not too bad!

SkyDragon_Grandine
11-20-17, 06:43 PM
Re: Skunkupines: I find it unacceptable that I can chop 20+tree logs and spawn zero skunks. The event specifically points us to the expensive tree log for skunks. Instead we are chasing any and all items that might possibly spawn a skunk when those items are not needed for the event (and I'm on the spawn rates are adjusted for events, I can't even begin to count all the fangbeasts I'm spawning)

Also every third tree log does not reward me with an acorn.

The variety is nice, I just don't have extra energy to waste

I?ve been just chopping plant in tlog for acorns and I?m getting about 1 skynkupine in 20 chops. So just continue collecting acorns and you?ll get skunkupines too as a side product

ladyperidot
11-20-17, 06:57 PM
Well, no box from my last two sparkling mine collections, but I did get a golden nugget each time. Guess I can't complain too much!

casalorena
11-20-17, 09:13 PM
The lair of beasts was a prize from the recent Halloween event. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101140-Castle-Story-10-5-Candy-Conniption-Community-Event-EXPIRED

The lucky trades are done in the lucky workshop. This building came from the St Patrick's Day 2016 event. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89601-Castle-Story-3-03-Update-The-Season-of-Luck-(timed-optional)-EXPIRED

I've gotten 2 skunkupines from the lair of beasts. But the trolls seem to like it more than any other monster. My 'lucky' trade yielded 5 energy.
I managed to burn through all my daily Ali's (approx 190 energy) this morning on tree logs, old logs, plant in a tree, and a few acers trees and spawned one skunkupine. Plus I only got 3 glimmer truffles. The drops and spawns are ridiculously low for this event.

Thank you. I found my Lucky Workshop but now I can?t find my cauldron. Ugh. Anyway, I still haven?t seen a skunkupine since the single one I got yesterday. Please! Make it rain skunkupines!

casalorena
11-20-17, 09:18 PM
I got my skunnkupines when I chop plants in the log. Once every ten times or so and that has been enough for me to continue as I need about 10 glimmer acorns per skunkupine. That is about 1 in 20 chops. Not too bad!

Thank you. I will stick with those for a while and see if it helps.

storiadelcastello
11-20-17, 09:57 PM
Hope this doesn?t jinx me but I?ve had some luck with plant in a log. Managed to start my first skunkupea which needed 50 blue petals a plus is I?m getting blue petals from theplant in a log plus sometimes skunkupines. My beast lair has only given me one skunk. The spices are really the only thing holding me back but I should get there in time. Got one skunk from wheat but had to harvest quite a lot. I think the plant in log is the best option as you also get acorns and truffles which you need. Good luck everyone

Ok it jinxed me. No skunupines from plants in a log! Although I did get one from my lair :)

olcastle
11-21-17, 12:47 AM
Elsa;1471939']Hi everyone,

It didn't work for me. Maybe it's because I was maxed on Fall Leaves and received "0 coins" instead of them. Autumn Leaves are not in my storage after restart.

SpiritWind00
11-21-17, 02:20 AM
It didn't work for me. Maybe it's because I was maxed on Fall Leaves and received "0 coins" instead of them. Autumn Leaves are not in my storage after restart.
Can you force close your game (so you get the loading screen again) and then check inventory. You might have to go back a few pages to see it. If not, please send Elsa a PM (click on her name left of screen and send a PM)

PrincessCelestian
11-21-17, 05:40 AM
Well up to level 5 and have everything done now. Just waiting on the seasoning spices to drop. Back to tending my kingdom and slowly getting up enough money to do the mermaid goals. And I guess I'll work on one of those ugly trolls that only drops water. The baron as a pig would have been a much cooler prize!!!! Again just a wah wah event for me. Not horrible. Not cool. Just busy work.

kendysek
11-21-17, 06:28 AM
Another drop that can be recorded for the Soup Kitchen is noodles. It's looking like all food items are a possibility. Maybe?? Hopefully!

It also dropped roast chicken earlier. Not sure how many since I'm maxed.

Wow, that's cool! I am always low on food items, I hope I will complete this building. :)

PrincessCupOButter
11-21-17, 07:09 AM
With visions of bitter beans, spices, and maybe a truffle....I just chopped my pile of autumn leaves. I got 20 acorns and 2 mushrooms. :( It tried to drop red petals but I am maxed.

I'm so glad this was a "prize" and I didn't actually spend any gems on it!!

Since I already have all the acorns I need due to trying to get sparkle truffles and spawn skunkupines, this was a total waste of 20 energy. :mad:

LadyRissaRenae
11-21-17, 08:22 AM
I can't help but think in the rush to get something new out every week, not only do the dev's continually miss stuff (the Gothic Keep's don't work, rewarding the wrong items on goals), but they completely miss the 'playability' factor in these updates. I mean, we should be on here going 'Wow! This is such a great and fun event!' even if it's time consuming and long. Instead we're pulling our hair out (and wasting energy) trying to figure out where the skunks are hiding, or wasting time on items that don't give what they promised (leaf pile, tree logs). I hope for Christmas events they, take a page out of Santa's book and tell Scrooge to take a hike!

BufftonHeights
11-21-17, 09:25 AM
I'm actually finding this a fairly relaxing and fun event (love anything that needs to be cooked and looking forward to having food items dropped from new buildings). Yes, skunks are far and few between, its energy intensive, and waiting for Ivy can be difficult for us Type A personalities. But we have eight more days, and the amounts required to level up to level 6 are quite reasonable compared to other events. I just keep taking a deep breath, telling myself the world won't end if I don't get done a week early, and go back to cleaning the house to get ready for thanksgiving. :)

HuckleTown
11-21-17, 11:07 AM
I'm actually finding this a fairly relaxing and fun event (love anything that needs to be cooked and looking forward to having food items dropped from new buildings). Yes, skunks are far and few between, its energy intensive, and waiting for Ivy can be difficult for us Type A personalities. But we have eight more days, and the amounts required to level up to level 6 are quite reasonable compared to other events. I just keep taking a deep breath, telling myself the world won't end if I don't get done a week early, and go back to cleaning the house to get ready for thanksgiving. :)

I'm glad you are enjoying the event. Ivy doesn't bother me, it's designed to allow a few missed Ivy collections. It's those skunks. At the rate Skunks are (not) appearing in my kingdom, I will not be able to finish. Since the USA has a family intense and travel holiday, I will miss out on probably 48 hours worth of play. There is no way I can chop enough whatever to get skunks for 17 more feasts, that's 34 more skunks. I've only found 12 so far (still need 34) and once I got enough onion, that's all I've been concentrating on.

�� S8 insists on creating these events where you MUST play 24/7 for the chance to complete them. I have no desire to "rush" through. I'd just like events that have attainable goals that begin each day, you finish the goal, have time for the rest of your kingdom and await the next tasks.

Elsie_Dee
11-21-17, 11:09 AM
Hope this doesn?t jinx me but I?ve had some luck with plant in a log. Managed to start my first skunkupea which needed 50 blue petals a plus is I?m getting blue petals from theplant in a log plus sometimes skunkupines. My beast lair has only given me one skunk. The spices are really the only thing holding me back but I should get there in time. Got one skunk from wheat but had to harvest quite a lot. I think the plant in log is the best option as you also get acorns and truffles which you need. Good luck everyone

Thank you for this! I hadn't tried Lair of Beasts and that got me one. Is there anyone at Storm8 that works full time AND plays all the events in their off-time?

meme1098
11-21-17, 11:36 AM
I'm glad you are enjoying the event. Ivy doesn't bother me, it's designed to allow a few missed Ivy collections. It's those skunks. At the rate Skunks are (not) appearing in my kingdom, I will not be able to finish. Since the USA has a family intense and travel holiday, I will miss out on probably 48 hours worth of play. There is no way I can chop enough whatever to get skunks for 17 more feasts, that's 34 more skunks. I've only found 12 so far (still need 34) and once I got enough onion, that's all I've been concentrating on.

�� S8 insists on creating these events where you MUST play 24/7 for the chance to complete them. I have no desire to "rush" through. I'd just like events that have attainable goals that begin each day, you finish the goal, have time for the rest of your kingdom and await the next tasks.

Why S8 continues to have random drops(acorns & those truffle brains)/spawns in all the timed quests is beyond me.

The frustration level creates a lot of animosity & players just give up ... & some, maybe a lot, will just quit CS entirely. Have had several neighbors do that in the last few weeks.

Please take the randomness out of timed goals, S8!

Elsie_Dee
11-21-17, 12:03 PM
Why S8 continues to have random drops(acorns & those truffle brains)/spawns in all the timed quests is beyond me.

The frustration level creates a lot of animosity & players just give up ... & some, maybe a lot, will just quit CS entirely. Have had several neighbors do that in the last few weeks.

Please take the randomness out of timed goals, S8!

I agree. I have lost neighbors, too, including level 50 neighbors who decided the game wasn't fun for them anymore. I have many more neighbors with unconstructed buildings they can't take off their board, and most of my neighbors aren't starting the goals at all. The rare drops are ruining the game IMHO.

jbfps116
11-21-17, 02:43 PM
new 10$ pack with ONE [cough] spice, 2 golden nuggets, 10 special truffles, 1 autumn leaf piles, 1 donation box, 40 glimmer acorns, 1 seeds [from the skunks]
debatable... i'd like that extra leaf pile as deco

olcastle
11-21-17, 02:45 PM
Can you force close your game (so you get the loading screen again) and then check inventory. You might have to go back a few pages to see it. If not, please send Elsa a PM (click on her name left of screen and send a PM)

I sent her PM. Thank you!

Caristalyc
11-21-17, 03:02 PM

I’m getting more luck with planting corn for skunkupine. Get 2/3 out of every 12 corn. It’s cheaper & less energy. Maxed out on corn so just planting for those pesky skunkupine

nateryd
11-21-17, 03:08 PM
My soup kitchen just dropped a pasta!!!! :) :) :) YAYYYYY

kattkrazie
11-21-17, 03:52 PM
The Grateful Alpaca dropped 2 wool and 2 flours. So it looks like all of the prizes will drop food. I really enjoyed this event. Good luck to those still trying.:D

ShibuyaCloth
11-21-17, 04:08 PM
The Grateful Alpaca dropped 2 wool and 2 flours. So it looks like all of the prizes will drop food. I really enjoyed this event. Good luck to those still trying.:D

Info card?
Collection Time?
Inventory Pic?

kattkrazie
11-21-17, 04:19 PM
Info card?
Collection Time?
Inventory Pic?

I guess he's not grateful, he's thankful. Here's his info:

He's 1x1 with a 6 hr. timer.

nateryd
11-21-17, 04:27 PM
Love that things are dropping food!!!

kattkrazie
11-21-17, 04:36 PM

Me too. For once, when collecting meal tickets for the community after finishing the event, we get food items for our trouble. A very welcome change. :)

LadyRissaRenae
11-21-17, 06:24 PM

Yes! Variety is nice!

jesslau9
11-21-17, 06:26 PM
Thank you. I found my Lucky Workshop but now I can?t find my cauldron. Ugh. Anyway, I still haven?t seen a skunkupine since the single one I got yesterday. Please! Make it rain skunkupines!

I guess you didn't get make it to the 5th individual prize? I'm not sure because I went searching for the lucky cauldron too and realised I don't have it.so i read the thread ,the cauldron was the 5th prize and I hardly ever made it to get the 5th individual prize

guess the lucky workshop is useless then.. haha

Individual Prizes:
1. 100 | 16 Green River (moats)| size 2x2 each
2. 400 | 4 Green River Corner (moats) | size 2x2 each
3. 800 | Lucky Workshop | size 2x2
4. 1750 | unlocks Lucky Clover crop (you can now plant these - it takes 1 day to grow)
5. 3500 | Lucky Cauldron | size 1x1 size updated

kattkrazie
11-21-17, 07:15 PM
Shibuya:

Here's the Lv. 6 Soup Kitchen info:

40125 40126

Drops have been fish, 5 roasted chickens, breaded fish, noodles, pasta, hearty stew. There might be other drops not reported yet.

PrincessCelestian
11-21-17, 07:22 PM
I guess you didn't get make it to the 5th individual prize? I'm not sure because I went searching for the lucky cauldron too and realised I don't have it.so i read the thread ,the cauldron was the 5th prize and I hardly ever made it to get the 5th individual prize

Individual Prizes:
4. 1750 | unlocks Lucky Clover crop (you can now plant these - it takes 1 day to grow)

Yes the lucky workshop is useless without the cauldron because you have to have the cauldron to get the magic. I have to say that this prize was one of the best I have gotten so far from an event. I still use it for every timed event for energy. And I have been using it since the mermaid event started for money.

jaymieb2
11-21-17, 07:50 PM
100 meal tickets for a chapter prize... dang. I question my memory, even though I play daily and every event, but I have a brain stem abnormality so I forget extremely easily (even info I heard seconds or minutes before sometimes) So I never really know if I am remembering right or not. But we dont usually get tickets at the end of goals do we? I think once we maybe got 1 whole ticket as the final prize for completing ALL the goals. (It is always super random the things I remember!) thats how shocking that 1 ticket was! It stuck with me that hard. Lol

I am really liking this event. Yes there are some things in each kingdom that are harder: for example, I have found 2 skunks this entire time, my acorn drops are lower than most, not horrible though and my mines have never dropped a collection box every collection. Each time I am lucky if 1 mine drops one. But Im not complaining about it just giving an example. This is the best event we have had in a long time. Yes we might not love that the troll only gives water but they didnt even need to give us the option to tame the troll and then if it didnt drop anything people would have said (because I remember specifically this from the past) people saying, ?it cant drop anything? Id be fine with even just water. Thats better than nothing.? So they probably thought they were doing good by you. Making sure you ALWAYS are able to tame every single creature for all the completionists and then having it drop something.

I dont know about you but I feel like if each of our kingdoms didnt have a little rough spot it would be way too easy.. (Im not talking about all events here in the past they have been completely unfair and awful) but sometimes that arent that bad. I feel like people complain too quickly. If all of these complaints were truly gone.., would you really want to play a game with no challenge?

Now the prizes, they have is Autumn decos which were asked for quite a bit in the forum vote BUT even BETTER! they gave us a building that drops food items!! Usually this type of building would be the last individual prize of an extremely hard challenge and a lot of us would not get it. Getting even better, they made it the last COMMUNITY PRIZE, so we can all have an even better chance of getting this new building that drops food items. This has been asked for for a LONG time on the forums. I feel terrible for the devs who think they gave us this great thanksgiving challenge with the opportunity to earn these great prizes way easier than usual and everyone is complaining and wanting to quit already. Did you see how many free meal tickets they are giving us just by finishing the goals? I believe 190?

This whole post is good spirited. Im just trying to get everyone to look at this from a different perspective. If you dont like the individual prizes, maybe dont give up, maybe take an idea from the soup kitchen theme and help your fellow players earn the community rewards. We should all be able to earn all of those without doing much.

Lets be thankful for this one. I really think they tried here.

I respect and have love for all of you💚

Thank you for the reminder! Beautifully stated!

ShibuyaCloth
11-21-17, 11:56 PM
I guess he's not grateful, he's thankful. Here's his info:

He's 1x1 with a 6 hr. timer.

Perfect, I think I'll go for the other one just to see what he has to offer. But I guess it will end up in my inventory if it does not drop things by half dozen. I have 1 Alpaca and it produces enough for the whole kingdom.

christinefourtounis
11-22-17, 12:03 AM
I am really enjoying this event but I am stuck trying to upgrade to lvl 6 because I can’t get any skunkupines. Haven’t seen one in two days. And I’ve been playing. Oh how have I been playing. My husband tried to hide my iPad from me.

Inachis2V
11-22-17, 12:56 AM
Did you tried Tomatoes to get Skunkupine ?

barbarix
11-22-17, 01:05 AM
Log tree spawns skunkupines for me... Overall too many acorns needed and sometimes in three chops I do not even get a single one... Can some character show up tomorrow and give us all 100 acorns as a present, please?...

christinefourtounis
11-22-17, 03:30 AM
Did you tried Tomatoes to get Skunkupine ?

I tried tomato, wheat, flowers and logs. All I’ve done. Oh well. They’ll show. I still have heaps of time and I’m really enjoying how this event is stress free. I just needed to come on here and vent.

alexversailles
11-22-17, 04:45 AM
Really thinking if I should spend all my energy on the troll thief :confused:for those who got it already, has it dropped anything else than water?

ratdogs4
11-22-17, 05:09 AM
Really thinking if I should spend all my energy on the troll thief :confused:for those who got it already, has it dropped anything else than water?
I?m wondering the exact same thing. I have my acorns and beans, so just waiting on Ivy?s hut to make the roasted nuts. Is it worth all the energy it will take to get 50 blankets to make the Troll Thief, only to get water? Yes, there will be the 20 gems also - but it?s going to take a lot of energy.

plby
11-22-17, 05:12 AM
I tried tomato, wheat, flowers and logs. All I’ve done. Oh well. They’ll show. I still have heaps of time and I’m really enjoying how this event is stress free. I just needed to come on here and vent.

Tried corn? It has spawned a few skunks at my place

PrincessCupOButter
11-22-17, 07:34 AM

Individual Prizes:

The lucky workshop isn't totally useless if you have the Leprechaun Gnome and/or the Rainbow Gates (maybe those were community prizes? I can't remember.) They both have a small chance of dropping lucky magic. So it is possible to get lucky magic without the cauldron. It may take ages though. :(

Back on topic, skunkupines are definitely an endangered species in my experience. Crops, flowers etc are spawning none at all. The lair of beasts and a few beans dropping from adventures plus very few spawning from chopping logs/plants in logs, kept me from getting behind, but only because I also have to wait on Ivy for spices.

I decided to go for the troll bandit. The 20 gems is enough incentive for me, especially with the Black Friday sale. I am very disappointed in the drops though. Water? Seriously S8?!? He should have drops like the gentleman troll, otherwise he's destined for storage.

MoonVillage3
11-22-17, 08:00 AM
it's the refund of 20gems that's intresting.. certainly not his water drops.
he's cute though.. animated blabbering and his cute belly.

sunnyhook
11-22-17, 08:11 AM
Wow I dont have any of those options. The entire line of editing options is nonexistent on mine. I just have a box that says Message:

Thats it. I dont even have the Post Your Signature option. This is both in quick reply and in the advanced section.

How strange. Thanks for trying to help anyway!

alexversailles
11-22-17, 08:23 AM
it's the refund of 20gems that's intresting.. certainly not his water drops.
he's cute though.. animated blabbering and his cute belly.

Good point! I had completely forgotten about the gems! Really like him, graphics are amazing!

hottrthanhott
11-22-17, 08:32 AM
Hey guys,
It has taken me 2days to be able to upgrade to level 4 since the Skunkcupines haven’t spawned, I had 5 traps saved and bought another one to be able to get the bitter beans.
Ivy takes 12hours To drop Spice to cook the nut. I got extra blankets to send adventures for spice and when I finally got the adventure back, no spice. I’m frustrated... Any ideas?

MoonVillage3
11-22-17, 08:35 AM
I am really enjoying this event but I am stuck trying to upgrade to lvl 6 because I can’t get any skunkupines. Haven’t seen one in two days. And I’ve been playing. Oh how have I been playing. My husband tried to hide my iPad from me.
'don't touch my iPad!':mad:
if they ever took hidden videos of us during events they'd have lots of ideas for publicity purpose, if not candid camera;)

I stick to chopping plant logs.. so many acorns are needed anyway to reach the end of 6th that they'll never be enough.
there are skunkupines in chopping the plantlogs but maybe every 20-30 logs?
it's just very, very energy consuming!!!
so.. with the drops from chopping continously make as much Faerie Elixir (10 Floral Glow, 4 Vital Extract, 20 Water) in the Green House.. that'll give you 20energy each time to keep going.
you'll need: 5 seeds, 3 living wood, 15 mushrooms for each Vital Extract and 5 red petals, 5 purple petals, 5 glimmer dust for each Floral Glow. you might be missing water and seeds.. but those are not hard to gather.
there're no secret formulas nor luck in finding the skunkupines.. just extreme chopping.

riverly
11-22-17, 09:21 AM
It's true. There is no secret formula or consistency in bean drops.I've tried them all. In fact I'm getting a little addicted to chopping logs. It's like oh! I have ten energy! I'll go chop some logs.

LadyRissaRenae
11-22-17, 09:25 AM
My Troll Thiefs have gone into hiding. I'm only getting fangbeasts at my farmhouses now (3 fangbeasts in 7 collections is a bit odd). But on a brighter note, I've spawned 3 Skunks from old logs!

kattkrazie
11-22-17, 09:36 AM
Wow I dont have any of those options. The entire line of editing options is nonexistent on mine. I just have a box that says Message:

Thats it. I dont even have the Post Your Signature option. This is both in quick reply and in the advanced section.

Sounds like you are using the mobile site. Scroll to bottom of the screen next to "log in", click on "full site". You'll have lots more posting options including the ability to post pictures.

netwiz3
11-22-17, 09:41 AM
Katt,

You ought to post the picture of the level 6 Soup Kitchen so everyone see's what the final prize looks like. :)

meme1098
11-22-17, 09:43 AM
Katt,

You ought to post the picture of the level 6 Soup Kitchen so everyone see's what the final prize looks like. :)

I think katt did a page or 2 back. Looks lots better than other levels.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the U.S players

storiadelcastello
11-22-17, 09:45 AM
Wedding alicorn spawned a pink skunkupine. Alas it didn?t offer the berries :(

Tamochan
11-22-17, 09:50 AM
I have given in with this one. Not ONE skunk aside from the very first in days, and logs have been bought and chopped until my fingers turned purple. Not only that, but the scarcity of bits needed for the adventure (Something glimmer or sparkle) means I will be hampered later on... all this for a dressed up llama? Nah, I shall go back to the sea quest as I am badly lagging in that one thanks to a lack of cash. Enjoy it, whoever plays and if you send me requests for tickets invites or whatever you have to ask neighbours for, I shall do it promptly for you :)

kattkrazie
11-22-17, 09:52 AM
Katt,

Post #318. It was for Shibuya, but I'll let you look at it too. :rolleyes:

Arghhh, so much cooking and cleaning to do, yet here I am. Need an emergency meeting of CS Anonymous! Happy Thanksgiving to the U.S. players!

PrincessCupOButter
11-22-17, 10:02 AM

As Katt said, sounds like you need to switch to 'full site'. But I wanted to add, if you'd like to use a signature, you have to go to settings and set it up under your profile.

On topic: Doing a happy dance because I finally finished the skunkucopias! Woohoo!! Now I just have to wait for Ivy to gather those spices. :o

To all USA players...Wishing you a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

LadyRissaRenae
11-22-17, 10:20 AM
Wedding alicorn spawned a pink skunkupine. Alas it didn?t offer the berries :(

Same with pink chickens spawning pink Skunkupines. No beans for me!

Gaillock
11-22-17, 12:10 PM
I have 25 filling feasts already made, but in chapter 8 Porcine Pfeffernot, it only shows 1. Is this one of those times where you have to make it during goal & what you've already made doesn't count? Thanks for your help.

kattkrazie
11-22-17, 12:24 PM
I have 25 filling feasts already made, but in chapter 8 Porcine Pfeffernot, it only shows 1. Is this one of those times where you have to make it during goal & what you've already made doesn't count? Thanks for your help.

Yes, you can only make 8 of each in advance. The rest you have to craft while on that particular level.

bakerygame99
11-22-17, 07:03 PM
Wowhoo, i am done with the skunkucopias too ! Now only waiting for ivy's spices. Thanks for someone earlier posted harvesting corn that really helps me.

Smr1019
11-22-17, 08:31 PM
My kingdom is officially skunkupine free. In the last 24 hours. I managed to fend off one and honestly that doesn't even count..I found I had a trap in storage and brought it out. I have chopped countless trees, flowers, logs, etc. Nothing, none, NADA!! I do know that I am infested with fangbeast. Seems they came out of hibernating during the monster hunt and are now in full force. I'm getting them at my farmhouses and my trees now...not daring to go near my cows or pigs...smh. I really just wantes to finish this darn quest. But, I tired of wasting my energy chopping and spending coins for nothing..seeing I'm maxed on everything..all for a llama. I don't even like llamas..😐

casalorena
11-22-17, 08:41 PM
You?re probably right. I usually don?t make it to 5th either. The only thing I keep getting from leprechaun is 25 coins. I have the rainbows so I will try there for the magic. Thank you for your help.🙂

jesslau9
11-22-17, 08:45 PM
You?re probably right. I usually don?t make it to 5th either. The only thing I keep getting from leprechaun is 25 coins. I have the rainbows so I will try there for the magic. Thank you for your help.��

Where can I get Lucky Magic from and how many drop?
Rainbow Gate (small chance), Lucky Cauldron, L5 Parade float, Leprechaun Gnome

I've never seen a lucky magic from the rainbow gates I think! and i have two ... haha...... oh well...

casalorena
11-22-17, 08:49 PM
The only thing I keep getting from leprechaun is 25 coins. I have the rainbows so I will try there for the magic. Thank you for your help.🌈🌈👩🏼

storiadelcastello
11-22-17, 10:02 PM
OMG this is nuts. Skunkupines have become extinct in my kingdom, 50 corn nada! And I’ve been maxed on corn for years :[. I have enough acorns so don’t want to spend money on logs that have dried up on skunkies too!! Fangbeasts have been bought back from extremely endangered to pests
On a more positive note
Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbours south of the border

riverly
11-22-17, 10:08 PM
Made all of the skunkcopias . Now waiting for spice. I now realize that I've been neglecting the acer trees for sap, so I need to catch up on that.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

gracelinda
11-22-17, 10:33 PM
I have seen so many fangbeast that I was able to craft a baby one again. I probably will not finish this quest because the skunkupines have left my kingdom. Wishing everyone a happy day Thursday.

danzplace
11-23-17, 04:52 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.

Skunkupines are slow going, but I need acorns anyway, so I continue to chop old logs and plants in trees. My wood crafting is thriving and my dyes are now maxed. Onto Conservatory crafting. Hang in there. There's time since we need to wait on Ivy anyway. Plus remember you can make up to 8 extra of the other items to save time later on.

Loving the pace of this event and the fact I do not have to babysit my game. Bring on the shopping tomorrow!!!

Jaybeast72
11-23-17, 06:25 AM
Bitter beans (looks like a bowl of pomegranate seeds in kitchen) from defeating skunkupines.

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the bitter beans! Is that it looked like a bowl of pomegranate seeds. Was actually eating some 2 days before this event started. :)

**Does anyone know HOW MANY SCROLLS are needed for the CERTIFICATE OF GRATITUDE? Neither the 'Certificate' nor the 'Autumn Pile' prizes are updated on the first page yet. Thx.

Jaybeast72
11-23-17, 06:49 AM
Where can I get Lucky Magic from and how many drop?
Rainbow Gate (small chance), Lucky Cauldron, L5 Parade float, Leprechaun Gnome

I've never seen a lucky magic from the rainbow gates I think! and i have two ... haha...... oh well...

K, Im lost... what do we need lucky magic for? I dont think I've any of these... except the parade float, but it isnt L5. Im clearly not at this point and have seen nothing on the 1st pg about it. Crafting the Alpaca...? Can someone please get me up to speed or point me in the right direction reference-wise. Thx again.

jackylina29
11-23-17, 06:55 AM
Please up the spawning of skunkupines most of us will not be able to complete this because the seriously low spawn rats I only have 100 tickets....this is crazy

meme1098
11-23-17, 07:03 AM
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the bitter beans! Is that it looked like a bowl of pomegranate seeds. Was actually eating some 2 days before this event started. :)

**Does anyone know HOW MANY SCROLLS are needed for the CERTIFICATE OF GRATITUDE? Neither the 'Certificate' nor the 'Autumn Pile' prizes are updated on the first page yet. Thx.

700 scrolls for the last individual prize.

K, Im lost... what do we need lucky magic for? I dont think I've any of these... except the parade float, but it isnt L5. Im clearly not at this point and have seen nothing on the 1st pg about it. Crafting the Alpaca...? Can someone please get me up to speed or point me in the right direction reference-wise. Thx again.

The lucky magic, lucky cauldron & lucky workshop are all from St.Paddy's day event - I believe in 2016. Lucky workshop can drop coins (up to 45k) or energy so another tool to help in the goals.

MoonVillage3
11-23-17, 11:46 AM

certificate is 700 scrolls.. it's written on page 1, in post #4 where you'll see the pictures.
autumn pile should be around 300? scrolls.. sorry I wasn't paying attention when it dropped this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our forum friends who are celebrating and 'Giving Thanks'

nuttyangel_69
11-23-17, 12:00 PM
I've 15 farmhouses; just collected from all of them and got 1 Troll thief but I got six, yes SIX fangbeasts! Bit of a joke really when we don't need them so much in this event, especially when skunks seem to have become few and far between yet we NEED them for it.

AinoDK
11-23-17, 04:11 PM
Does spice continue to drop after levelling up the soup kitchen?

Il"d like a souvenier, does that mean I should wait levelling up? I have crafted an extra of all 3 elements, as I assume the crafts disappears from the kitchen

bigtail2
11-23-17, 06:42 PM
Does spice continue to drop after levelling up the soup kitchen?

Il"d like a souvenier, does that mean I should wait levelling up? I have crafted an extra of all 3 elements, as I assume the crafts disappears from the kitchen

Yes, it does.

AinoDK
11-23-17, 10:12 PM
Thanks Bigtail

And after having levelled up I can see that the crafts are also still there, so I could have levelled up earlier. Other hoarders might like to know

LuluBellax
11-24-17, 04:43 AM
Haven't read the entire thread so don't know if anyone mentioned it but troll thief dropped a golden nugget for me

midninghtcm
11-24-17, 05:17 AM
The luck of the form gave me a 3 skunks but since that, two days ago, nada. How do we finish the event without skunks?

LadyRissaRenae
11-24-17, 07:45 AM
The luck of the form gave me a 3 skunks but since that, two days ago, nada. How do we finish the event without skunks?

This is definitely the most frustrating part of this event, coupled with the fact the farmhouses have switched to fangbeasts for me. No Trolls in 2 days.

hkcorrigan
11-24-17, 08:40 AM
SW or S8, can we please get confirmation of what the Grateful/Thankful Alpacas, the Troll Thief, the Soup Kitchen and the Soup Cauldron drop? Looking at a few of the previous posts, it would help those trying to decide if they should finish and if they want to spend money to do so. Thanks.

MoonVillage3
11-24-17, 08:53 AM
Haven't read the entire thread so don't know if anyone mentioned it but troll thief dropped a golden nugget for me
this is a big surprise and a pleasure to hear!
so far he has dropped water.. we were so disappointed. maybe he'll be more appreciated now.

stygimoloch
11-24-17, 09:27 AM
For those who are looking for skunkupines: chop Old Logs instead. They can spawn skunkupines but not other beasts. And they give glimmer acorns which you need anyway. And once in a while they drop the sparkle truffles, which you can use to acquire more seasoning spice (through Adventure) instead of patiently waiting for Ivys Hut to drop it.

(Same may also apply to Plant in Log and Tree Log, but somebody else will need to confirm that these spawn only skunkupines.)

PrincessCelestian
11-24-17, 12:50 PM
For those who are looking for skunkupines: chop Old Logs instead. They can spawn skunkupines but not other beasts. And they give glimmer acorns which you need anyway. And once in a while they drop the sparkle truffles, which you can use to acquire more seasoning spice (through Adventure) instead of patiently waiting for Ivys Hut to drop it.

(Same may also apply to Plant in Log and Tree Log, but somebody else will need to confirm that these spawn only skunkupines.)

I only did plant in a log and I don't remember them spawning other beasts. They gave me plenty of skunkupines to more than complete the level 6 soup kitchen by yesterday evening.

storiadelcastello
11-24-17, 01:35 PM
I only did plant in a log and I don't remember them spawning other beasts. They gave me plenty of skunkupines to more than complete the level 6 soup kitchen by yesterday evening.
Plant in a log only spawned skunkupines for me. Their generosity fluctuated wildly. Some days quite a few sku kuoines otherdays maybe 1

Andro45
11-24-17, 03:43 PM
Skunkupines are medium rare ;) ...I mostly get them from old logs, not from plants in logs. Sometimes from acer trees. Looks like they are going to be the hardest part.

I think I will not get the thief troll. Too bad, I think he (or it may be a she, you never know with trolls) is cute.

jbfps116
11-24-17, 04:06 PM
do we know yet if it's possible to buy a second alpaca with GEMS or is it impossible?

tonyjosiah
11-24-17, 05:38 PM
do we know yet if it's possible to buy a second alpaca with GEMS or is it impossible?
I already have the white Thankful Alpaca and the craft is still there. You just have to buy the scroll thing for 500 GEMS... I must say I already love my Alpaca because it gave me 2 Flour on one collection. Great job S8! I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS need Flour.

jbfps116
11-24-17, 05:42 PM
I already have the white Thankful Alpaca and the craft is still there. You just have to buy the scroll thing for 500 GEMS... I must say I already love my Alpaca because it gave me 2 Flour on one collection. Great job S8! I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS need Flour.

yes but one time buying the material was still possible but it said something about you can only have one after crafting

christinefourtounis
11-24-17, 05:53 PM
I just got the scroll and it says it’s used to summon either alpaca. Does that mean we don’t get both? Which one is the best one?

tonyjosiah
11-24-17, 06:31 PM
Its 100% possible to get both Alpacas. Once you use your initial scroll from the individual prizes and craft one of either color it says “Inventory is full” and it dims that selection (or grays it out) for whatever color you initially choose. But the other one is available to be selected. But you have to buy another scroll for 500 gems. Hope that helps to clarify what I meant before.

PrincessCelestian
11-24-17, 07:27 PM
Its 100% possible to get both Alpacas. Once you use your initial scroll from the individual prizes and craft one of either color it says “Inventory is full” and it dims that selection (or grays it out) for whatever color you initially choose. But the other one is available to be selected. But you have to buy another scroll for 500 gems. Hope that helps to clarify what I meant before.

Yuck. I don't think it's worth 500 gems. I probably would have parted with 250 for it.

jackylina29
11-24-17, 07:59 PM
I have been chopping logs all the time the last couple days and have barley gotten any skunks.....I've been doing good past events but this one is irking me cause of such low skunks. I'm still n level 3 around 160 tickets it seems hopeless to get what index I time

deadpixel
11-24-17, 08:42 PM
I have been chopping logs all the time the last couple days and have barley gotten any skunks.....I've been doing good past events but this one is irking me cause of such low skunks. I'm still n level 3 around 160 tickets it seems hopeless to get what index I time
I’ve been experiencing a huge drop in skunkupine appearances and Sparkle Truffle droppings. They used to appear at a rate of 1 every 10 to 20 Old Logs cleared but in the last two days, the rate has dropped to 70 to 90 Logs cleared.

midninghtcm
11-24-17, 11:53 PM
I don't mean to spam the forum but my skunk frustration is truly getting me down. How is this possible? Does only half of the community get the opportunity to complete the event? It seems a bit unfair. I've said it before, I love the event, and at first I didn't mind the lower skunk drop rate because it seemed like a good challenge until the skunkupine levels of spawning dropped so low that I'm lucky if I scrape by with one maybe 2 skunks a day. Getting the amount of bitter seeds required for the quest has been worse than waiting on Ivy. She's given me more to work with than the skunks.

It doesn't matter where you focus your area on or how hard you try, its just not improving and I feel all the other players pain. Its such a slap in the face, especially because I feel S8 did really well with the event and with giving us such variety of prices ect in the time span.

It feels like nothing can be done about it and "we", the players who cannot spawn enough skunks, must resign our fate to not completing the quest. ; (

midninghtcm
11-24-17, 11:59 PM

I've been trying this the entire event. It just doesn't work ; ( neither does crops, acers or any of the other areas they spawn. The golden nuggets is also a problem for people with lower inventory of it. I use to have a bunch but the recent use of it in quests have tapped me out. So its seems we low-to-no skunks spawning players have already expierenced a game over feel

mrootje
11-25-17, 02:19 AM
Does the Grateful Alpaca also drops floor, just like the thankful one?
I've found this, but thought I saw of post with drops of floor for the grateful, whick I like the most

Requirements: 1 Certificate of Gratitude
Drops: Wool, ?

Destiel0918
11-25-17, 03:13 AM
Does the Grateful Alpaca also drops floor, just like the thankful one?
I've found this, but thought I saw of post with drops of floor for the grateful, whick I like the most

Requirements: 1 Certificate of Gratitude
Drops: Wool, ?

Same question....Does Grateful one also drop flour?

jbfps116
11-25-17, 04:57 AM
if you at ALL desire to complete event at least do this: buy ONE skunk trap. WOW so expensive for 5 gems. put in inventory. check inventory and you'll see all the skunk traps you never knew you had. I had at least 7! and really, if you're desperate just buy a few traps.

ShibuyaCloth
11-25-17, 05:38 AM
You need so much glimmer acorn that it spawned enough skunk to finish just by chopping logs. Did 4 adventure so far and got bitter beans. Currently waiting for my last 4 spices to finish.

lilymonster4
11-25-17, 06:45 AM
Does anyone know if the trolls will stop spawning after upgrading soup kitchen to the last lvl?

meme1098
11-25-17, 06:59 AM
Does anyone know if the trolls will stop spawning after upgrading soup kitchen to the last lvl?

Trolls still spawn as that's a separate goal but it's also 5 days like the community event.

lilymonster4
11-25-17, 07:07 AM
Trolls still spawn as that's a separate goal but it's also 5 days like the community event.

Ok, thx a lot! I remember one event when a monster stopped spawning after the building was fully upgraded. Might have been a chapter event, I?m not sure. Thx again =)

stygimoloch
11-25-17, 11:56 AM
Yes, unfortunately the adventure doesn?t always return seasoning spice. My last two adventures were a bust. Rather annoying to have to wait for Ivy?s Hut, but can?t waste the energy on chopping logs anymore now that there are those darn turkeys to hunt.

cookie2crumble
11-25-17, 12:09 PM
Skunkupines are medium rare ;) ...I mostly get them from old logs, not from plants in logs. Sometimes from acer trees. Looks like they are going to be the hardest part.

I think I will not get the thief troll. Too bad, I think he (or it may be a she, you never know with trolls) is cute.

I also got the most from the old logs, acers and also every third or fourth try from the Scorched Dahlia surprisingly

storiadelcastello
11-25-17, 12:46 PM
if you at ALL desire to complete event at least do this: buy ONE skunk trap. WOW so expensive for 5 gems. put in inventory. check inventory and you'll see all the skunk traps you never knew you had. I had at least 7! and really, if you're desperate just buy a few traps.

You can also go to decorations in your inventory and scan through. I found three :)

ratdogs4
11-25-17, 06:48 PM
My grateful alpaca dropped sugar (not sugar cane) if you want to add that to the drops.

deadpixel
11-25-17, 09:07 PM
You need so much glimmer acorn that it spawned enough skunk to finish just by chopping logs. Did 4 adventure so far and got bitter beans. Currently waiting for my last 4 spices to finish.

The skunkupine spawn rate seems to have dropped quite significantly in recent days, so much so that in the last two days, I?d only been able to spawn 1 (cleared 300-400 Logs). However, after changing strategies, I planted a full field of 45 tomatoes, collected from them and actually managed to spawn 6 skunkupines, allowing me to craft the last 3 skunkucopia needed.

Now I?m just waiting for the last 3 boxes of spices.

Destiel0918
11-25-17, 10:28 PM
First drop from Grateful Alpaca : Sugar; Wool.

CathyDucky
11-26-17, 06:11 AM
I have upgraded the soup kitchen to L6 and received the certificate of gratitude. How or where to summon the alpaca?

linmii
11-26-17, 06:35 AM
I have upgraded the soup kitchen to L6 and received the certificate of gratitude. How or where to summon the alpaca?

They are crafted in the workshop.

CathyDucky
11-26-17, 07:01 AM
They are crafted in the workshop.

See it now. Thanks.

ratdogs4
11-26-17, 11:59 AM
Has anyone else with the Grateful Alpaca received anything other than drops of sugar and wool? I have not received any flour drops from my Grateful Alpaca. Could it be that the Thankful Alpaca drops flour and wool while Grateful Alpaca drops sugar and wool? Just a thought?

brigadoon365
11-26-17, 07:48 PM
Well, I am bummed. I had to be off line for several days and got quite a late start on this event. I still have 17 meals to go. While I might be able to get enough other supplies, I cannot collect from Ivy near enough times. I don't even care about the alpacas, but I sure wish I could get my soup kitchen all the way finished. Oh well. Maybe I will just work on the Troll. Shockingly, I have gotten a decent number of skunks. I say it is surprising because I haven't even been able to craft the baby one yet. That is how rare they have been for me. Well on my way now.

Good luck everyone. And have fun!

kendysek
11-27-17, 12:05 AM
Oh no! My grateful alpaca dropped sugar! I'm always maxed on sugar because of the horses. I want it to drop flour. I have made a bad decision. I was choosing on the basis of their appearance. :(

jesslau9
11-27-17, 01:37 AM
Oh no! My grateful alpaca dropped sugar! I'm always maxed on sugar because of the horses. I want it to drop flour. I have made a bad decision. I was choosing on the basis of their appearance. :(

hmm, both the grateful and thankful alpacas drop the same things

(Note: you can buy the other alpaca for 500 gems. You cannot have 2 of the same Alpacas. They will both have the SAME drops)

kattkrazie
11-27-17, 02:09 AM
hmm, both the grateful and thankful alpacas drop the same things

(Note: you can buy the other alpaca for 500 gems. You cannot have 2 of the same Alpacas. They will both have the SAME drops)

Several players have posted that they're getting wool and sugar from the grateful alpaca. I have the thankful alpaca and he only drops wool and flour. So it appears that they do have different drops. It will say on the back of the inventory card what they drop. The thankful alpaca says wool and flour. Someone who chose the grateful alpaca can put him in inventory and confirm what he drops.

kendysek
11-27-17, 02:23 AM
Several players have posted that they're getting wool and sugar from the grateful alpaca. I have the thankful alpaca and he only drops wool and flour. So it appears that they do have different drops. It will say on the back of the inventory card what they drop. The thankful alpaca says wool and flour. Someone who chose the grateful alpaca can put him in inventory and confirm what he drops.

I did it and there is: "A soft and grateful Alpaca. Drops Wool and Sugar." So no hope for flour for me. And this Alpaca is definitely staying in my inventory.

SpiritWind00
11-27-17, 02:40 AM
ok, looks like a small change in order! That's like Destrier and Rouncey - 1 drop different. Thanks for posting kendysek!

VersaceMorrow
11-27-17, 04:25 AM
Looks like I made the same mistake.... oh well, not spending 500 gems on Thankful since it is a 6 hour timer and I can make flour in 30 minutes.

pongkay
11-27-17, 04:39 AM
SW, I was never inundated with skunkies but got enough to have finished the event. Thanks for the help. :o

Fr33b0rn
11-27-17, 05:02 AM
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two llamas besides the different image? Mainly drops?

kendysek
11-27-17, 05:16 AM
Looks like I made the same mistake.... oh well, not spending 500 gems on Thankful since it is a 6 hour timer and I can make flour in 30 minutes.

We have made a mistake, but I think the soup kitchen is pretty good price anyway.
And someone had to walk the wrong way for others to see what is not worth to do. :rolleyes:

maxiandtaz
11-27-17, 05:48 AM
Please help I have finished upgrading my soup kitchen and I can not find where to get the alpaca from it is not available in any of my crafting buildings. Thank you

Never mind I think it won't be available until I reach the 700 mark I believe

Irma_Isle
11-27-17, 07:09 AM
Hai neighbors... yes... thankful drop flour and grateful drop sugar every 6 hours. Hope it help...

AnniePMH
11-27-17, 08:41 AM
Does the spice drop from anywhere else than Ivy's or the adventure? :confused: No feedback, eh? :rolleyes:

Chaotarch
11-27-17, 08:42 AM
Does the spice drop from anywhere else than Ivy's or the adventure? :confused: No feedback, eh? :rolleyes:
no:eek::rolleyes:

LiriTanglethorn
11-27-17, 09:19 AM

I never even got any from the adventure, and I did it 7 times.

On another matter, it would have been really helpful for me to know DAYS ago that turkeys also spawn from pigs, not just cows.

On yet another matter, I can confirm that it is the Thankful Alpaca that drops flour. They should have let us known more clearly they were different beforehand. I nearly made the "wrong" choice too, and I feel for those who did!

GarnetJ
11-27-17, 09:39 AM
I never even got any from the adventure, and I did it 7 times.

On another matter, it would have been really helpful for me to know DAYS ago that turkeys also spawn from pigs, not just cows.

On yet another matter, I can confirm that it is the Thankful Alpaca that drops flour. They should have let us known more clearly they were different beforehand. I nearly made the "wrong" choice too, and I feel for those who did!

I think I did 4 adventures and got one spice. For me it wasn't worth burning through golden nuggets since I knew that I had enough time to do Ivy's collections.

I just stumbled on the fact that pigs had a chance of spawning turkeys when I collected from Sir Pigglesworth. So that is a nice surprise, because I need bacon more than I need milk.

I am so glad that I found out that the Thankful Alpaca and Grateful Alpaca have different drops! I would have been upset if I got the one that drops sugar. So thank you to everyone who helped clarify that for those of us just finishing!

GarnetJ
11-27-17, 09:42 AM
Please help I have finished upgrading my soup kitchen and I can not find where to get the alpaca from it is not available in any of my crafting buildings. Thank you

Never mind I think it won't be available until I reach the 700 mark I believe

It will be available in the Workshop. You will probably see it greyed out at the very bottom of your list, but as soon as you hit 700 they will become active and move right below the Troll Thief.

Just beware that the Thankful Alpaca drops flour and the Grateful Alpaca drops sugar.

RogueDagger
11-27-17, 11:12 AM
Can someone reconfirm the drops from the fully upgraded soup kitchen for me?
Between both kingdoms, the mermaid quest, spending ALL my gems (lol) with alis and pots, then real life...im a bit scatter brained at the moment😋

meme1098
11-27-17, 11:23 AM
Can someone reconfirm the drops from the fully upgraded soup kitchen for me?
Between both kingdoms, the mermaid quest, spending ALL my gems (lol) with alis and pots, then real life...im a bit scatter brained at the moment😋

Here ya go - from Shibuyacloth's Inventory cards on page #1

Drops: Meal Ticket, Pasta, Fish, Roasted Chicken, Breaded Fish, Noodles, Hearty Stew

RogueDagger
11-27-17, 11:55 AM

Drops: Meal Ticket, Pasta, Fish, Roasted Chicken, Breaded Fish, Noodles, Hearty Stew

Thanks! It's greatly appreciated 😊

GarnetJ
11-27-17, 01:45 PM

I've been getting either 5 carrots or 5 red peppers so far, along with the 25 meal tickets.

meme1098
11-27-17, 02:35 PM
I've been getting either 5 carrots or 5 red peppers so far, along with the 25 meal tickets.

Yes, I think there are probably some other drops too. I'm always getting a black flag & never even look at it anymore....lol

LuluBellax
11-27-17, 03:26 PM
Has anyone else got golden nugget from the troll thief? I was almost certain that the nugget I got the other day was from him but I haven't seen anyone else confirm this and I'm starting to wonder if I was wrong. I don't want to mislead anyone :confused:

GarnetJ
11-27-17, 03:53 PM
Has anyone else got golden nugget from the troll thief? I was almost certain that the nugget I got the other day was from him but I haven't seen anyone else confirm this and I'm starting to wonder if I was wrong. I don't want to mislead anyone :confused:

So far, I have only collected water from him. But that would be nice if there was another golden nugget source.

jesslau9
11-27-17, 07:21 PM
I think I did 4 adventures and got one spice. For me it wasn't worth burning through golden nuggets since I knew that I had enough time to do Ivy's collections.

I just stumbled on the fact that pigs had a chance of spawning turkeys when I collected from Sir Pigglesworth. So that is a nice surprise, because I need bacon more than I need milk.

I am so glad that I found out that the Thankful Alpaca and Grateful Alpaca have different drops! I would have been upset if I got the one that drops sugar. So thank you to everyone who helped clarify that for those of us just finishing!

I did received some spices from adventures... but since ivy is a guaranteed to drop spice, I was more happy if it dropped some bitter nuts since skunks weren't spawning but you know, when you don't need them,they always appears

jesslau9
11-27-17, 07:22 PM
I did it and there is: "A soft and grateful Alpaca. Drops Wool and Sugar." So no hope for flour for me. And this Alpaca is definitely staying in my inventory.

oh no! :(

SkyDragon_Grandine
11-27-17, 07:30 PM
So far, I have only collected water from him. But that would be nice if there was another golden nugget source.

I collected once a gold nugget from the troll thief.

storiadelcastello
11-27-17, 07:55 PM
I got three gold nuggets from mines today. Got back all the ones I spent on the adventure. Only water from the thief but he usually gives 3 so I may just let him stay out of inventory for a while

MoonVillage3
11-28-17, 05:23 AM
for those still needing sunkupine spawns.. collecting from Mr Pigglesworth has spawned one twice for me today.

ashley224
11-28-17, 05:48 AM
I received three strange hot peppers from the soup kitchen. They went into they’re own spot in inventory with no info on the back of the card. They seem like they want to be planted. When I touch the card it pops into my queendom like a little tree but doesn’t stay. Anyone else have these? Any ideas?

netwiz3
11-28-17, 06:39 AM
I received three strange hot peppers from the soup kitchen. They went into they’re own spot in inventory with no info on the back of the card. They seem like they want to be planted. When I touch the card it pops into my queendom like a little tree but doesn’t stay. Anyone else have these? Any ideas?

I had the exact same thing happen... When harvesting they looked like plants as well instead of peppers... I did a double take because I've been maxed on hot peppers forever and now have 2 different sets of Hot Peppers.

wiokro
11-28-17, 07:25 AM
Due to a busy life I will be short on time to collect from Ivy and not be able to get soup kitchen to level 6, does anyone know if level 5 will have any useful drops after event or become decoration only hence whole excercise useles like few before?

ashley224
11-28-17, 11:52 AM
Due to a busy life I will be short on time to collect from Ivy and not be able to get soup kitchen to level 6, does anyone know if level 5 will have any useful drops after event or become decoration only hence whole excercise useles like few before?

Typically, if you don’t get to the top level, the building is useless.

SpiritWind00
11-28-17, 01:54 PM
If you don't get a fully updated building you will only receive coin, no drops.

peachtreeshoppe
11-28-17, 03:30 PM
Hi all, quick question, the first page says water and gold for the troll thief, to be confirmed. Any updates there? If I expend all my energy over the next day I can probably get him, but not sure if it’s worth it.

HuckleTown
11-28-17, 07:42 PM
Hi all, quick question, the first page says water and gold for the troll thief, to be confirmed. Any updates there? If I expend all my energy over the next day I can probably get him, but not sure if it’s worth it.

He does regularly give 3 water.

neska04
11-28-17, 09:04 PM
I can always use water, and three for a single collect is good, even if the gold nuggets are rare. Also, I got two gentleman trolls in the sales, and they look hilarious brandishing their umbrellas at the troll thief as he/she blinks innocently��

hkcorrigan
11-28-17, 09:56 PM
SW, will you be posting a survey for this event?

SpiritWind00
11-28-17, 10:37 PM
Yes! I'll prepare the poll tonight. Thanks for the reminder. :)

kendysek
11-29-17, 12:01 AM
I had the exact same thing happen... When harvesting they looked like plants as well instead of peppers... I did a double take because I've been maxed on hot peppers forever and now have 2 different sets of Hot Peppers.

I also have those strange hot peppers with no info and when i tap them, it is like i'm planting a tree seeding to the grass. But they actually don't stay there. Can someone explain?

ShibuyaCloth
11-29-17, 12:23 AM
I also have those strange hot peppers with no info and when i tap them, it is like i'm planting a tree seeding to the grass. But they actually don't stay there. Can someone explain?

It a new kind of pepper, a GMO!

Calgera
11-29-17, 02:39 AM

You mean a Glimmerwood Modified Organism :eek:
I only got normal hot peppers so far.

SpiritWind00
11-29-17, 03:24 AM
Hi all, poll added. I included the Wild Turkey just bc it finishes the same time :) For mobile users, you need to expand to Full Site to see the poll.

katbtodd
11-29-17, 04:10 AM

I gotten 5 bacons or 5 roast chickens or carrots or pasta or grits
So far I have not seen the hot peppers
Opps forgot noodles

PrincessCelestian
11-29-17, 04:28 AM

Bahahahahahahaha. Seeing all of this made me curious to see if I had the GMO hot peppers. Turns out that I do! They also don't seed in my kingdom.

VersaceMorrow
11-29-17, 05:14 AM
Has anyone tried crafting two of the same alpaca at the same time using the two workshops? I know it would cost extra gems but I got stuck with a bunch when the sale ended early and want to get rid of them before I fall into a gem trap.

Irma_Isle
11-29-17, 07:37 AM
Bahahahahahahaha. Seeing all of this made me curious to see if I had the GMO hot peppers. Turns out that I do! They also don't seed in my kingdom.

Perhaps that new pepper are for new quest. A water dragon who eat pepper too much till breath fire maybe?

MoonVillage3
11-29-17, 10:23 AM
Soup Kitchen dropped a sapling Maple Tree 4x4

EDIT:
It can't be stored :(
I'll make it grow to see if it changes proprieties :confused:
All other Sap Trees are storable!

GarnetJ
11-29-17, 10:38 AM
Soup Kitchen dropped a sapling Maple Tree 4x4

Wow! I love the variety of possible drops.

thitasha
11-29-17, 11:01 AM
Are you sure that it was from soup kitchen? Not golden mine?)

plby
11-29-17, 11:49 AM
Got the scroll and the alpaca craft in the workshop. But I don't want any of those ridiculous looking creatures. Do the crafts go away when the event ends or do I have to craft one to get rid of it?

MoonVillage3
11-29-17, 12:49 PM
Are you sure that it was from soup kitchen? Not golden mine?)
Not 100% sure.
I saw it in my inventory recharging as a new article and not as a clear drop, but, figured it came from the Soup Kitchen as my Gold Mines have never ever dropped Sap Trees and didn't collect from Adventures.
Thinking logically about it now.. the Soup Kitchen should have dropped simple Sap if any.. not the tree.
Will do further controls :confused:

RogueDagger
11-29-17, 12:51 PM
Got the scroll and the alpaca craft in the workshop. But I don't want any of those ridiculous looking creatures. Do the crafts go away when the event ends or do I have to craft one to get rid of it?

It will go away on its own after the event. The one that drops flour, it is usually a drop of 2-3 flour at once with 1 wool. So while I totally understand why you don't like the way they look, it could be worth it to craft it and shuck it behind a bush in your kingdom anyway. Especially if we end up with more cooking events. Either way, best of luck😊

MoonVillage3
11-29-17, 12:56 PM
All crafts to do with events disappear when they're over.. so no problem.
However Thankful Alpaca (female) does drop handy ready-made Flour ever so useful.. maybe you could keep her in your inventory till you're in need? Grateful Alpaca drops Sugar but our horses have those drops.

deadpixel
11-29-17, 01:27 PM
The random resets that occur from time to time are really getting me down :(

With just a little over 6 hours to go, I got the last leg needed to craft the wild turkey and set the Trade Wagon to crafting it. Imagine my surprise when I started the game an hour later and saw the bouncing crate bobbing on top of the Trade Wagon, indicating that no craft was being carried out :mad:

They really have to get their act together and spend time coming up with a better fix for the error recovery and sync issues that pop up whenever a network disconnect occurs or when the server and client data doesn't match.

Andro45
11-29-17, 01:45 PM
Hi all, quick question, the first page says water and gold for the troll thief, to be confirmed. Any updates there? If I expend all my energy over the next day I can probably get him, but not sure if it?s worth it.

When you gain 20 gems for crafting him, it's worth it in my opinion. If you don't like the drops, or the look of the troll you can always put him in storage. I'm trying to get him in my second kingdom as well. Luckily i had some energy crates stored. I hope I'll make it before I go to bed (in about an hour). 11 more blankets to go. *but I'm getting fangbeasts all of a sudden :(*

What's with the blankets anyway? Does he build a nest with it?

In my first kingdom I got my soup kitchen to level 6 and my alpaca is being tamed right now. In my second kingdom I won't make it. I need 4 more collections, and there's 5 hours left...

maiden85
11-29-17, 03:02 PM
Overall, I considered this a nice event. It was entertaining without being too stressful, although at times everything looked unattainable. I was not able to finish upgrading the soup kitchen due to lack of skunkupines and the long collection time from Ivy's hut. I needed to make three recipes and just didn't have the ingredients. I did some holiday traveling and wasn't able to collect every 2 to 12 hours. I fully expect the skunkupines to come out from hiding tomorrow. I crafted the troll thief because of the 20 gem prize, which I spent speeding up the soup kitchen. I was able to craft the thankful alpaca this morning. I didn't 'need' him, but he's cute.

christinefourtounis
11-29-17, 03:59 PM
I’ve just started by turkey taming but it takes 4 hours and there is only 3 hours left of the event. Will I still get my turkey or will it disappear?

karak71
11-29-17, 04:32 PM
I’ve just started by turkey taming but it takes 4 hours and there is only 3 hours left of the event. Will I still get my turkey or will it disappear?

I wondered about this. I keep fighting them because the gobble amuses me.

spyd58
11-29-17, 04:48 PM
Not too bad of an event. Finished Monday only wanting 1 troll and turkey plus souvineers. Troll has dropped nothing but water for me so far.
Anything that has started a craft will be delivered no matter what or so I have found so far.
Turkey does drop soft feathers, eggs and roast chicken every time.
Grateful Alpaca drops sugar and wool every time.

spyd58
11-29-17, 04:50 PM
Oh, and the game resets are annoying.

ratdogs4
11-29-17, 04:53 PM
Am I understanding a few posts correctly?
- The alpaca that drops flour drops 2-3 at a time? I have the alpaca that drops sugar and I?ve never received more than one sugar per drop?
-After the event is over will my alpaca continue dropping sugar or will those drops stop? Will the soup kitchen continue to drop food?
Thanks for any info.

ashley224
11-29-17, 06:00 PM

Oh my, I laughed so hard my husband gave me one of those looks. Thanks so much:o

deadpixel
11-29-17, 06:12 PM
When you gain 20 gems for crafting him, it's worth it in my opinion.

Wait! Didn?t we have to spend 20 gems to get a Fool?s Gold Trap as one of the tasks for this goal in the first place?

peachtreeshoppe
11-29-17, 06:13 PM
Wait! Didn?t we have to spend 20 gems to get a Fool?s Gold Trap as one of the tasks for this goal in the first place?

I never bought one but somehow had two in my inventory and it autocompleted. Maybe from sending out a few of the adventures that were party of this event?

peachtreeshoppe
11-29-17, 06:15 PM
When you gain 20 gems for crafting him, it's worth it in my opinion. If you don't like the drops, or the look of the troll you can always put him in storage. I'm trying to get him in my second kingdom as well. Luckily i had some energy crates stored. I hope I'll make it before I go to bed (in about an hour). 11 more blankets to go. *but I'm getting fangbeasts all of a sudden :(*

What's with the blankets anyway? Does he build a nest with it?

In my first kingdom I got my soup kitchen to level 6 and my alpaca is being tamed right now. In my second kingdom I won't make it. I need 4 more collections, and there's 5 hours left...

Good point. I went for it figuring why not, and you're right. It's 20 free gems since the buy-a-trap piece autocompleted for me. Not sure where they came from, but I'll take it. Gathering daily alis over the last year and a half has added up quite nicely for things like this!

deadpixel
11-29-17, 06:16 PM
I never bought one but somehow had two in my inventory and it autocompleted. Maybe from sending out a few of the adventures that were party of this event?

That may be one way of getting a free trap. Never got one that way myself but I did get quite a few elusive boxes of spices that eventually helped me upgrade the Soup Kitchen more quickly.

PrincessCupOButter
11-29-17, 06:25 PM

If you bought a trap, the 20 gems are a refund, since the traps cost 20 gems. But there were 2 traps given in the individual prizes, the 2nd prize was a fools gold trap and the 4th prize contained another one. If you had not yet purchased any traps, the 2nd prize autocompleted the requirement which made the 20 gems a bonus!

Just a tip for future events......hold off on purchasing the trap in these type goals until you are certain you'll be able to complete the entire set of goals in order to get the gem refund. If by chance we get a trap as a reward or drop, it may not have to be purchased at all!

HuckleTown
11-29-17, 06:44 PM
My soup kitchen (level 6) has only dropped carrots so far (2 days of collecting)

100Anne
11-29-17, 06:46 PM
So I’m crafting my turkey now so I will miss the completion of it in my task book (100 coins and some experience points I think). Just wondering if anyone who has crafted it took a screen shot of the dialogue that happens when you do craft it. I’m interested to finish my story but not interested enough to pay 16 gems.

bakerygame99
11-29-17, 07:05 PM
Gotten the last community prize...soup cauldron...it has 12 hours timer, looks so small 1x1 in size :)

RogueDagger
11-29-17, 07:06 PM
Am I understanding a few posts correctly?
- The alpaca that drops flour drops 2-3 at a time? I have the alpaca that drops sugar and I?ve never received more than one sugar per drop?
-After the event is over will my alpaca continue dropping sugar or will those drops stop? Will the soup kitchen continue to drop food?
Thanks for any info.

My reply was in reference to the one that drops flour, as that's the one I crafted. As to the continuation of drops, bother the alpaca and the soup kitchen will continue the drops.

ratdogs4
11-29-17, 07:23 PM
Gotten the last community prize...soup cauldron...it has 12 hours timer, looks so small 1x1 in size :)

Bummed - I should have gotten the last community prize - I was under 100,000 more needed and my community prize timer disappeared 5 minutes early. Had it given me those last 5 minutes I would have had it - the turkey and troll timers both stayed for those last 5 minutes, but not the community prize. Super bummed!

Edit - went back in, force closed, opened again and there it was in storage! Yeah! Now just wondering what it will drop?

ZOOMANIA69
11-29-17, 07:31 PM
Card says the Soup Cauldron has a chance to drop Hearty Stew.

VersaceMorrow
11-29-17, 07:33 PM

Boy that was close too..... less than an hour to go and still needed over 2 million menus. I wasn't sure we'd all reach it in time.

deadpixel
11-29-17, 09:29 PM
Card says the Soup Cauldron has a chance to drop Hearty Stew.

I thought it said it had a chance to drop "Heary Stews"

SpiritWind00
11-29-17, 10:47 PM
My soup kitchen must just have left-overs today as I got 5 fish.

jesslau9
11-29-17, 11:44 PM
Bummed - I should have gotten the last community prize - I was under 100,000 more needed and my community prize timer disappeared 5 minutes early. Had it given me those last 5 minutes I would have had it - the turkey and troll timers both stayed for those last 5 minutes, but not the community prize. Super bummed!

Edit - went back in, force closed, opened again and there it was in storage! Yeah! Now just wondering what it will drop?

community prizes are not by ''individual'' ,everyone that qualifies (once you unlocks it) gets it :)
and it has been said that community prizes/goals are always reached ;p

1ch1ps
11-30-17, 05:24 AM
This may have been answered. I didn?t get my soup kitchen updated to level 6 (used 200 coins and came up 3 items short).... my question, does the baron stay a pig now because I didn?t complet3 it, or at the end of the event he?s back to his old greedy self?

RogueDagger
11-30-17, 07:01 AM
First collection from the cauldron and I got 1 hearty stew. Hopefully it turns out to be gaureented drop instead of random...

ashley224
11-30-17, 07:46 AM

I love that it is 1x1. I hope that they continue with the smaller things. We have far too many large items in our queendoms. However, I do agree that compared to all the big stuff, it looks tiny. They need to go through and shrink stuff. I am glad we’ve had several expansions recently.

ashley224
11-30-17, 10:18 AM
Still waiting for information from S8 about the strange hot peppers...

Andro45
11-30-17, 01:35 PM
If you bought a trap, the 20 gems are a refund, since the traps cost 20 gems. But there were 2 traps given in the individual prizes, the 2nd prize was a fools gold trap and the 4th prize contained another one. If you had not yet purchased any traps, the 2nd prize autocompleted the requirement which made the 20 gems a bonus!

Just a tip for future events......hold off on purchasing the trap in these type goals until you are certain you'll be able to complete the entire set of goals in order to get the gem refund. If by chance we get a trap as a reward or drop, it may not have to be purchased at all!
This ^ :)

I managed to craft the troll in time, burnt through all my stored energy crates and went to bed too late. Just before I left for bed I remembered I had to finish the craft in time to get the gems. So I had to use gems to speed up the craft and my net gain was 16 gems in stead of 20. Force closed and opened again a couple of times, to make sure I really had the troll in my kingdom.

I didn't even try for the bird, because I have enough of those already.

gracelinda
11-30-17, 03:24 PM
Did not complete the quest. Very disappointed. Have been playing for years with plenty of alicorns.

PikaSquirrel
11-30-17, 05:29 PM
Still waiting for information from S8 about the strange hot peppers...

This has been fixed, you should have the correct Hot Peppers in your storage now.

fiberterian
11-30-17, 06:50 PM
I used to be able to complete the community events without too much trouble. Now it’s a struggle to get enough items to get me to the community prize level. I liked the story and the design and I appreciate the hard work that goes into putting the events together. I just don’t have the ability to check them game every hour or so. I’m lucky if I can check in twice a day.

ratdogs4
11-30-17, 09:33 PM
My soup kitchen dropped a loaf of bread, that?s a new one if you want to add it to the drop list.

Jackiesq
11-30-17, 11:18 PM
My soup kitchen dropped a loaf of bread, that?s a new one if you want to add it to the drop list.
Okay, maybe I have to try it a few times before I put it in storage. Only flagged out for the stew for me 2x so far... 😧

ACeTexas
12-01-17, 12:27 AM
I barely finished Troll in last 8 minutes. Kitchen, then Turkey First, then Troll at the end. No gems exc to finish Troll 1 hour craft (-4) to gain goals gems (+20). Time consuming, but not difficult. Doing the next one now...

kendysek
12-01-17, 12:46 AM
I have quite enjoyed the event, but at the end I was soo disappointed and sad with the wrong alpaca I have crafted. :( This is just not fair. The brown one should drop at least chocolate, not useless sugar, while we have lot of sugar sources.

ashley224
12-01-17, 05:16 AM
This has been fixed, you should have the correct Hot Peppers in your storage now.
Thank you for your reply but I’m not sure what you mean. Are the “correct” Hot Peppers “normal” Hot Peppers?

netwiz3
12-01-17, 07:56 AM
Thank you for your reply but I’m not sure what you mean. Are the “correct” Hot Peppers “normal” Hot Peppers?
Yes... They merged the "special" hot peppers into my already maxed hot peppers so now I'm over the 99 limit.

CathyDucky
12-01-17, 08:35 AM
I have quite enjoyed the event, but at the end I was soo disappointed and sad with the wrong alpaca I have crafted. :( This is just not fair. The brown one should drop at least chocolate, not useless sugar, while we have lot of sugar sources.

Totally agree. S8 should state clearly and upfront the drops if they are different drops. I have wanted the alpaca for the flour and not sugar. So disappointed and upset....

EsmeW2
12-01-17, 09:37 AM
I wanted to post to say that I've loving the drops from the soup kitchen, and I like the way it looks too. it's going to be a permanent fixture on my board! Happy that I stuck with this event.

At the moment the troll thief is staying out too. The gentleman troll that I got in the sales is enjoying giving him a slapping - and thanks to whoever suggested this as I was finding the twitching gentleman troll quite irritating before that.

VersaceMorrow
12-01-17, 07:10 PM
First collection from the cauldron and I got 1 hearty stew. Hopefully it turns out to be gaureented drop instead of random...

I've been getting the stew every time so far.....hopefully I'll never have to plant another 24 hour carrot again!

1ch1ps
12-02-17, 03:14 PM
Does the baron stay as a pig if you didn’t complete the 3vent? He’s such a slimy addition to th3 kingdom

SpiritWind00
12-02-17, 04:04 PM
:) nope, he just has to eat some glimmer garlic and he turns back to normal. I don't know.... every story has to have a 'villain' and as far as villains go, he's not that bad!

1ch1ps
12-02-17, 10:07 PM
Think I might have some I grew but never used...so we’ll see what happens nex5 tim3 he shows up

olcastle
12-03-17, 01:39 AM
Totally agree. S8 should state clearly and upfront the drops if they are different drops. I have wanted the alpaca for the flour and not sugar. So disappointed and upset....

Me too... This was not the first time we have two options for a prize. And always the drops were the same for both prizes - it's fair and user friendly.
Why the rules were changed without any notice? It's not the first time though.
They changed crafting, also without a notice. Now we can craft but can't collect it sometimes. At least now it's fixed and we can clearly see the number when there's a limit, it works for me.
Even during the current event was a sudden change that cost players wasted energy when tuftkin spawned just once and stopped for no reason. It was unusual and many were confused.
Playing for years we're expecting the particular gameplay. This game requires strategy and planing so it's very disappointing when we're making mistakes, wasting energy and resources, just because nobody bothered to tell us that the rules were changed.

PrincessCupOButter
12-03-17, 12:34 PM
How long will the alpaca be in the workshop? There is no timer, and while I wouldn't mind having the pair, it's not worth 500 gems to me. If it's going to stick around a while, can it at least be moved from the very first spot? That is one gem trap I really don't want to fall into.

Ditto olcastle's post above. Well said!