PDA

View Full Version : Share your Winter Holiday Look

Sammysimsville
11-09-17, 12:16 PM
I love decorating my Restaurant and Bakery for the Winter Holidays (We celebrate different things, so I am using a broader term :) ) My Restaurant the "Riverside Lodge" is ramping up for the holidays and would love to see your ideas as well :) Sooooo..... Share yours!

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39681&d=1510254974

Jojocl141587
11-09-17, 12:45 PM
I love decorating my Restaurant and Bakery for the Winter Holidays (We celebrate different things, so I am using a broader term :) ) My Restaurant the "Riverside Lodge" is ramping up for the holidays and would love to see your ideas as well :) Sooooo..... Share yours!

Omg this is such a cute restaurant. How’d you get the name of your restaurant in the corner like that? SO cute!

Sammysimsville
11-09-17, 01:22 PM
Omg this is such a cute restaurant. How’d you get the name of your restaurant in the corner like that? SO cute!

I edited the screenshot :) Thank you for the kind words!

eeveldoll
11-09-17, 05:54 PM

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39681&d=1510254974

I love how cosy it is, and very restrained. Can almost imagine the 'ding' 'ding' from the tram as it stops. And the happiness from the kids playing in the snow with the adorable reindeer family makes you want to hop out and make snow angels on the fluffy snow..

Inside, the wooden furniture adds to the cosiness and warmth.. A small band playing lovely music.. And if you're still feeling nippy, the fireplace will warm you up. My inner ocd also like the way you mirrored the appliances on both sides of the entrance of the kitchen lol.

I'll definitely stop over this place for a hot meal! It definitely lives up to its name as the Riverside Lodge. :)

IsisGarden
11-09-17, 06:12 PM
Does decorating for Thanksgiving count? I won't have Christmas up for another couple of weeks.

Sammysimsville
11-09-17, 08:02 PM
Does decorating for Thanksgiving count? I won't have Christmas up for another couple of weeks.

Sure does!

eeveldoll TY! I'll reserve a table for ya :)

Vici_10
11-10-17, 01:52 AM
Wow! Your restaurant looks amazing! I love every little piece of it! Can't wait to share what's on my mind for the winter. but as the winter is almost a month away here, I'm going to decorate my winter theme a bit later ;-)

Sammysimsville
11-10-17, 07:53 AM
Wow! Your restaurant looks amazing! I love every little piece of it! Can't wait to share what's on my mind for the winter. but as the winter is almost a month away here, I'm going to decorate my winter theme a bit later ;-)

Ty! Can't wait to see it!

IsisGarden
11-11-17, 04:09 PM
Here's my Thanksgiving decor.

Sammysimsville
11-11-17, 05:37 PM
Here's my Thanksgiving decor.

WOW! So much to choose from! Judging from the tips, your customers are very happy :) Thank you for sharing!

IsisGarden
11-12-17, 07:31 AM
WOW! So much to choose from! Judging from the tips, your customers are very happy :) Thank you for sharing!

I forgot to collect the tips.

Thanks. I love Thanksgiving. #idecorateforthanksgiving

Sammysimsville
11-14-17, 10:45 AM

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39923&d=1510682359

On noes.. Snow fall stopped the trolly! Now we have a full lodge and the food is flying out of the kitchen. Literally thanks to Mr C.! He brought in 2 of his best scientists to stream line production. They even have some new fangled system looks like the space program came to Riverside! Ya'll come by now, hear?

Jojocl141587
11-20-17, 12:31 PM
Here’s my little Thanksgiving restaurant

CassieJo84
11-20-17, 01:03 PM
Hope this works--here is my fall/Thanksgiving place. Will post my Christmas remodel after Thanksgiving:) 40091

IsisGarden
11-20-17, 04:13 PM

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39923&d=1510682359

On noes.. Snow fall stopped the trolly! Now we have a full lodge and the food is flying out of the kitchen. Literally thanks to Mr C.! He brought in 2 of his best scientists to stream line production. They even have some new fangled system looks like the space program came to Riverside! Ya'll come by now, hear?

So cute.

IsisGarden
11-20-17, 04:14 PM
Here’s my little Thanksgiving restaurant

Cute.

IsisGarden
11-20-17, 04:14 PM
Hope this works--here is my fall/Thanksgiving place. Will post my Christmas remodel after Thanksgiving:) 40091

Love it.

Vici_10
11-27-17, 04:43 AM
Finally, here's my winter theme! Lil crazy penguins, that giant snowman, snow angels, skiers, reindeer grove and... all are out there! If it's freezing cold outside you can enjoy a coffee or warm meals in a cozy place in my Sunlight Cafe!

P.S. 1: I'm just a little bit worry about Lava girl and that Mexican dancer! You see they have to wear warm cloths in the winter!

P.S. 2: Seems like the detective phoebe is still investigating the guy in the telephone box! I don't know why, but she's been everywhere that he went since autumn! :|

LadyEna
11-27-17, 05:26 AM
Snow globes in middle & North Pole on the side!

EdiiLouise
11-27-17, 12:28 PM

Here's mine :)

Vici_10
11-27-17, 06:30 PM
I really enjoy watching all of your winter themes! Actually I've been waiting a long time to decorate my restaurant, share my winter look and see what others do for this season :)

Vici_10
11-27-17, 06:35 PM

Here's mine :)

Wow! I see a familiar face! "Sweet and Sour" with a lovely winter look ;)

therainbowscafe
11-28-17, 02:20 AM
40339 This is my festive restaurant! :rolleyes:

1977ROI
11-29-17, 03:07 AM
40339 This is my festive restaurant! :rolleyes: very nice decor , hw to share pics can someone tell I dont know 😭😭

1977ROI
11-29-17, 03:29 AM
Nothing

1977ROI
11-29-17, 03:30 AM
Sorry it's just don't happen

therainbowscafe
11-29-17, 09:49 AM
very nice decor , hw to share pics can someone tell I dont know ����

thanks! You just click "Insert Image" (3rd button from the end) -> choose your picture from your computer -> click "upload file" and you're done

1977ROI
11-29-17, 11:12 AM
https://i.imgur.com/dbc4Ogu.png

1977ROI
11-29-17, 11:14 AM
Well the whole photo is not coming but atleast one can click nd see

1977ROI
11-29-17, 11:16 AM
It's my autumn look though, I will share my holiday look on 2nd December , thanks the rainbow cafe 😊😊

therainbowscafe
11-29-17, 02:29 PM
It's my autumn look though, I will share my holiday look on 2nd December , thanks the rainbow cafe ����

my pleasure :) your fall place looks great btw!

Sammysimsville
12-02-17, 06:50 PM
Wow, lots of very nice Resturaunts :) lots of creativity!

Sammysimsville
12-03-17, 12:43 PM
Riverside Lodge (Restaurant)

Millyways (Bakery)

I was inspired to have my Bakery and Restaurant combine their Holiday Themes. So..... From the Riverside Lodge to Millyways you go thru the ice cave, and find Santa's Lodge at the North Pole. Just ask Jack Frost to guide you there!

eeveldoll
12-04-17, 03:08 AM
I was debating whether or not to upload this cuz everyone is sharing their winter restaurants already but ah, what the heck. I've never decorated mine with an autumn theme, so here it is! I took this pic before the thanksgiving goals, that's why it looks a bit empty.

************************************************** ************************************************

Welcome to Anywhere!

Please have a seat of your choice where you'd be serenaded by the trumpeter and violinist. Our pianist will only arrive at 7 pm so do stay and watch the live performance later, and maybe have a cuppa! We also have our treat trolley going around, should you want a few warm buns or munchies before the mains, or if you're still feeling hungry after! An exclusive dining experience* is also available where you will have your food cooked and served to you by our very own sous chef with a choice from a wide selection of our in-house wines and ciders to accompany your meals.

Families with kids can also sit together with Mr Bookworm by the fireplace as he entertain with tales of his travels around the world, both the exciting and funny moments. Make sure you ask him what happened in Vietnam!

If you're feeling stuffed after that turkey, do visit our market where we have a whole bunch of fresh local produce for you to bring back home and savour them in your own time! Just tell the friendly Farmer Grocer what you would like to have, and he'll happily pack them nicely in a bag for you ^^ Just don't get too friendly with him - Miss Swedish will be watching.

Oh wait! What's that over at the park? Oooo, there seems to be some sort of movie shooting scene, or is it an actual drama? Why is the dancer hiding behind the ferris wheel with a camera? Why is the Jock looking so angry? Is it possible that the Jock harbours secret feelings for Miss Leafy? Or *gasp* the PHANTOM himself?? ohohohoho~

*Advance booking required.

Sammysimsville
12-04-17, 09:27 AM
zomg... WOW. Just WOW!

1977ROI
12-05-17, 02:25 AM
EVELL AND SAMMY.... UR DECORS ARE AWESOME... AS PROMISED HERE IS 1ST DECOR OF CHRISTMAS https://i.imgur.com/hXf7ILZ.png

Sammysimsville
12-05-17, 07:48 AM
@1977roi Very cute! I really like the way your tree stands out!

Sammysimsville
12-06-17, 09:04 AM
Story time..

It seems Santa had some bad news over night. One of his oldest workshops was hit with a terrible storm and, well, buried under a lot of snow. Fortunately the Elves being resourceful got all they needed out, but.. The building isn't safe (buried under 20 ft. of snow has that effect ya know). So, what to do? Christmas is coming and his snow globe workshop is out of commission! (que music - "Do you wanna build a snow globe, ever wonder how they're made?") . As it happens, Mr. C. Was running the Riverside Lodge over the summer (he's quite a good cook. Who knew). So after talking to his partner Loretta (she runs Millyways Bakery) he convinced her to let him convert the restaurant into a workshop as well. The holidays lend themselves nicely and the interior will be seen as a visit to Santa's Workshop! Okay, let me explain something first. Ever wonder how they achieve such amazing detail in his snow globes? I mean the items inside are tiny. But Mr. C. is a stickler for detail, and so are his Elves. Well they build life size scenes then shrink them down! Elves are really good at that. So, the scene in the middle of the shop will be shrunk to the desired size. Plus, they even make displays for Malls when they are for a charity function. So.... There you have it. Mind your fingers and toes inside, lots going on. Off you go, all of you are welcome, and don't be surprised if you get handed a hammer and paint brush. Can't disappoint the kiddies!

eeveldoll
12-07-17, 11:44 PM
@1977ROI I like what you did with your walls. I always have trouble decorating my walls. And the mistletoe kiss by the piano is adorable. Now I'm thinking if I should regret not buying it from the black friday sale....

Love your story, sammy :) Never would have thought of that! Don't mind if I grab a paint brush and jump in!

Sammysimsville
12-08-17, 08:38 AM
@1977ROI I like what you did with your walls. I always have trouble decorating my walls. And the mistletoe kiss by the piano is adorable. Now I'm thinking if I should regret not buying it from the black friday sale....

Love your story, sammy :) Never would have thought of that! Don't mind if I grab a paint brush and jump in!

Paint away! And thank you!

blondie091170
12-08-17, 11:53 AM
My place

Sammysimsville
12-08-17, 03:05 PM
My place

Wow!!! That is cool! So much work too. Well done!

blondie091170
12-08-17, 05:10 PM
Thank you! I lost my old level 99 place a few years ago when I got a new device and had to start all over.
It was worth it though.

Sammysimsville
12-08-17, 05:32 PM
Thank you! I lost my old level 99 place a few years ago when I got a new device and had to start all over.
It was worth it though.

Oh my.. Glad you got it going again!

Sammysimsville
12-09-17, 10:47 AM

1977ROI
12-11-17, 03:13 AM
MY NEW DECOR IS HERE
https://i.imgur.com/ymyeKsl.png

Sammysimsville
12-11-17, 09:21 AM
MY NEW DECOR IS HERE

WOW! Snow Day Snow Day! Last one outside is a Grinch! Great job. I wanna go play outside now.. (we just need snow here lol)

1977ROI
12-12-17, 04:49 AM
Thankyou so much :)

eeveldoll
12-14-17, 09:05 PM
Snow has fallen at Anywhere and it's the festive season!

Come in, come in! As you go through the delicious gingerbread main gates (yes, they're edible!), you will be greeted by our nutcracker elves who will hand out lollies to you, no matter what age you are! Just be careful, as they're quite the pranksters and they're huge fans of the Weasley twins! Your ears will also be filled by the sounds of the harmonious voices of the choir singing upbeat carols to keep the mood swinging!

On your right, there's a reindeer grove for all the reindeers to rest and get ready for the big night. As you can see we've already got the sleigh out and it's decorated and..oh look! An elf is carrying gifts to put in the sleigh! I wonder if your gifts are in there.. let's hope the cheeky penguin doesn't take them out and put ice blocks in there instead! ohoho..

As we move forward, we have an angel ice sculpture, and this actually won first prize in an ice sculpting competition that was held amongst the elves community just a couple days ago! Remember that tiny elf carrying the gift just now? Yep, it was him who made it! Mrs Claus loved it so much that Mr Claus casted a spell for it to last throughout the season!

Now I bet you all are hungry, so let's stop for a bit and have a bite to eat. Oh, it's your lucky day! Mr Claus is in charge of the kitchens for today and you'll get to try his famous roasted chicken with special sauce!

Moving on with full bellies, this is our Snowman lounge where we can chill by the modern fireplace and have a cup of hot yummilicious cocoa. OH watch out! The gingerbread man is running away from Chef Snow again! Let's hope he catches him this time, otherwise we'll never have anything to eat!

Next, we arrive at the gift wrapping station where all the elves are busy wrapping gifts for all the nice kids this year! :) It's a bit messy, but that just adds to the chaotic fun! Just watch where you're stepping, we don't want anyone tripping over the ribbons on the floor!

And now we have arrived at the Snowglobe Garden! This is one of my favourite part of the restaurant. As you admire the decorations in the globe, snow will start to magically float from the top and add to the magic in the air! *low voice* and if you peer in closely at the rustic snowglobe and gingerbread snowglobe, you'll be able to see tiny children playing in the snow!

Aha! It seems that I have not addressed the white elephant in here that is my mostest favouritest bestest part of the tour! Behind the carolers is theeeee, drum roll please, *ahem* North Pole Headquarters! It's up on a gingerbread tower and where ALLLLLL the toys are made! I'm afraid that access is only for elves, such as myself, but you can always join in the gift wrapping section with the other elves!

I hope you have fun!

eeveldoll
12-14-17, 09:45 PM
MY NEW DECOR IS HERE

So bright! Love the polar bears lazing in the snow..so cute! And your white tables on the red tiles look like snow on roof tops. Very bright and cosy indeed

Sammysimsville
12-14-17, 09:55 PM
@eeveldoll Wowsers! Very cool, great commentary too!

Updated mine with some of the newstuff today!

eeveldoll
12-14-17, 10:14 PM
Thank you, it's my pleasure to entertain haha

I like how you put the sleigh tables behind the reindeers! I wanted to do that with the sleigh chairs, but I've only got one reindeer from the recent crate sales. lol how sad is that. I should have bought more of them when they went on sale last year. darn it.

Oh and I just saw you've got 4 different clocks on the wall..nice touch!

j3dfarm
12-15-17, 06:07 AM
A look at my restaurant, really hope you are able to view it.

Sammysimsville
12-15-17, 08:22 AM
Thank you, it's my pleasure to entertain haha

I like how you put the sleigh tables behind the reindeers! I wanted to do that with the sleigh chairs, but I've only got one reindeer from the recent crate sales. lol how sad is that. I should have bought more of them when they went on sale last year. darn it.

Oh and I just saw you've got 4 different clocks on the wall..nice touch!

Aww thanks! They need to keep track of the timezones :) Yeah, the Reindeers are in training. If they want to be on the team, they have to work for it :)

Sammysimsville
12-15-17, 08:23 AM

Oh my!!!!! Love the stairs! So much to see and do. Gosh that must have taken a lot of planning!

eeveldoll
12-15-17, 06:53 PM

I'm really envious of how much space you've got to be able to do the tunnel and carriage combo. And my goodness..aren't those the stone dividers that costs 5 gems each?? It's so pretty but sooo expensiveeeee D:

What's the name of the tiny house where the green father christmas is coming out from? I can't see very clearly but it's so cute with the horses outside!

Sammysimsville
12-25-17, 08:08 PM

party time!

Jojocl141587
12-25-17, 10:29 PM
Question for everyone: Do You plan to decorate for NYE and if so, when? I like to have my restaurant and bakery decorated for holidays when they are actually going on and I?m not sure when I should start to decorate for New Years.

Btw here?s my holiday Restaurant, my place is pretty small so I can never do too much decorating lol

LadyEna
12-26-17, 10:34 AM
I think we need more options for New Year's!
So I just did a Winter look. Little plain & frozen.
But I like it.
Besides in a couple of weeks, I'll be decorating for that Love Holiday.

Sammysimsville
12-26-17, 07:26 PM
I think we need more options for New Year's!
So I just did a Winter look. Little plain & frozen.
But I like it.
Besides in a couple of weeks, I'll be decorating for that Love Holiday.

Very cool.. get it.. cool.. :)

Sammysimsville
12-26-17, 07:27 PM
Question for everyone: Do You plan to decorate for NYE and if so, when? I like to have my restaurant and bakery decorated for holidays when they are actually going on and I?m not sure when I should start to decorate for New Years.

Btw here?s my holiday Restaurant, my place is pretty small so I can never do too much decorating lol

Hey, looks pretty nice to me Jojocl!

Party is on at mine!

twospoons
01-06-18, 06:09 AM
Going to switch out the NYE section soon, but this was my half winter, half fancy party look.

Sammysimsville
01-07-18, 10:57 AM
Going to switch out the NYE section soon, but this was my half winter, half fancy party look.

Great blend!

cutensweety
01-08-18, 05:31 PM
How do you post the photo?42125

I got it :-)

twospoons
01-08-18, 08:22 PM
In the buttons above where you type your message, tap the tree one (third from right, followed by movie reel and then speech bubble). I usually upload from my computer, because that's where the screen shot I just took is. Just hit choose file, and then after you picked the right picture, upload file is right underneath. :)