PDA

View Full Version : Forest Cat - 2017 Nov 7

mysticalfairy320
11-07-17, 05:09 PM
Forest Cat - new creature
More information on Forest Cat (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1467684&viewfull=1#post1467684) in Creatures Guide.

Good luck!

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39623

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39625

39623 39625

Cranlink14606
11-07-17, 05:46 PM
Is this new? If not anyone know breading time? The info doesn't say cannot be obtained through breading, Good luck!
39625p
Saw in the story book event thread, need it to complete a goal. It is new. Dark/Nature and hatch time is 5 hours and evolve time is 5 hours.

Pebblemist
11-07-17, 07:13 PM
Got a 5 hour timer with Pandafodil and Skyger. Looks like my nest is gonna be out of commission for a while. NOW my luck kicks in?

cleehogan
11-07-17, 08:12 PM
Got Forest Cat on the 2nd try with Firewolf and Pandaofodil. Both are level 15 (posting levels because I always wonder what levels animals are at.)

deadpixel
11-07-17, 09:07 PM
Hee! I know this is really jumping the *** since the Forest Cat requirement doesn’t come till Chapter 6, but with the horrible breeding results we’ve been experiencing the last month or so, I decided to go right ahead and try anyway...

Skyger (9) with Pandaffdil (15)

It can sit in the spare nest until it’s needed 5 days from now. Good thing Story events only need the use of one nest.

They’re done breeding ...

But it’s going to be sitting here till it’s needed.

mysticalfairy320
11-07-17, 10:53 PM
Thanks, I got 16 hrs and got excited lol at least it doesn't sound too hard to get!

miadoubled
11-08-17, 12:00 AM
First try skygar and planther

cherrycastleorchard
11-08-17, 12:50 AM
Another common that will be too hard to get

cherrycastleorchard
11-08-17, 12:59 AM
Got 14 hours with Skyger and pando, this sux as usual

mysticalfairy320
11-08-17, 01:09 AM
I got 16 hr, then used panda and skyer got a 10hr fail but used same combo and got 5 hrs so only 3 times not too bad didn't have to spend 200 gems to get it!

Pebblemist
11-08-17, 07:17 AM
Ugh it's times like these I wish I had the gems for an extra nest. With the horrible luck I've had breeding this past month I wanted to get an early start. My first try was 5 hrs with the Pandafodil and Skyger. Not complaining though.

deadpixel
11-08-17, 10:49 AM
Ugh it's times like these I wish I had the gems for an extra nest. With the horrible luck, I've had breeding this past month I wanted to get an early start. My first try was 5 hrs with the Pandafodil and Skyger. Not complaining though.

Uh Oh, not sure if advanced hatching of the Forest Cat will be counted for the Chapter 6 requirement cause you won't be able to juggle your way past the requirement to "Hatch any Earth animal" in Chapter 5 Act 3 with only a single nest. If it wasn't for this requirement, you'd still be able to time the hatching and breeding requirements of the Crowvember and Rainguin.

cherrycastleorchard
11-08-17, 03:17 PM
Thanks, I got 16 hrs and got excited lol at least it doesn't sound too hard to get!

Breeding time for cat is five hours, sorry not 16; good luck

MystiqueRealm
11-08-17, 03:22 PM
Ugh it's times like these I wish I had the gems for an extra nest. With the horrible luck I've had breeding this past month I wanted to get an early start. My first try was 5 hrs with the Pandafodil and Skyger. Not complaining though.

On past SB if you need to hatch a NEW animal like forest cat, it's counted if it was already placed. Hopefully that's still the case if you need to place it to use your nest :)

miadoubled
11-08-17, 08:00 PM
Same here! Its ready now and i dont knowwhat to do! I know i need the nest next chapter.. i probably wont get it so easy if i need to do it again with my luck

Rynetory2
11-08-17, 08:30 PM
Hee! I know this is really jumping the *** since the Forest Cat requirement doesn?t come till Chapter 6, but with the horrible breeding results we?ve been experiencing the last month or so, I decided to go right ahead and try anyway...

Skyger (9) with Pandaffdil (15)

It can sit in the spare nest until it?s needed 5 days from now. Good thing Story events only need the use of one nest.

They?re done breeding ...

But it?s going to be sitting here till it?s needed.

Congratulations! :D Added to Post 1 and Creatures Guide.

Zamom72
11-08-17, 08:47 PM
Got a 5 hour timer with Pandafodil and Skyger. Looks like my nest is gonna be out of commission for a while. NOW my luck kicks in?

Same here! I never get these animals in time. I'm thankful I don't have to sweat this one out, but being down to one nest sure puts a kink in progress for the Porkuplenty or whatever it's called.

BiggerBubbles
11-09-17, 04:27 AM
Got 16hrs, 10 hrs and 10 hrs, easy, not so much!
Another 10 hrs.

miadoubled
11-09-17, 09:38 AM
Can anyone help me out with this....If i were to breed CU with forest cat what are the odds ill get another? Ugh this one nest thing is putting me in a bind, might cave in and buy one if gems happen to go back on sale before i need it. Argh its so frustrating!

Rynetory2
11-09-17, 09:48 AM
Can anyone help me out with this....If i were to breed CU with forest cat what are the odds ill get another? Ugh this one nest thing is putting me in a bind, might cave in and buy one if gems happen to go back on sale before i need it. Argh its so frustrating!

It's unpredictable. I would leave it at the nest if I were you. I've been trying to breed one and no luck so far. But if you are very lucky, you may get another. It's entirely your call. The forest cat is tough for a common creature, well for me.

carolineannlv
11-09-17, 09:58 AM
I managed to get the forest cat first try (yes!) and yet still can't get a porcuplenty (*sigh*) will keep trying on the second. But at least I've got the forest cat waiting for when I need it.
Thank you S8 for making the adorable forest cat the 'common' new animal to breed for this story book. I really appreciate it, and love its design. I'm a cat person, so of course I would.

bagelprincess777
11-09-17, 12:15 PM
On past SB if you need to hatch a NEW animal like forest cat, it's counted if it was already placed. Hopefully that's still the case if you need to place it to use your nest :)

It worked the last storybook for me so I'm hoping it will work this time. I got forest cat first try so I am going to go ahead and hatch/evolve it since we also need to breed it.

AppleWhite84
11-09-17, 12:23 PM
First try Pandaffodil/Skyger :) I have two nests but the other one is taken by a 46 hour Garnet Griffin. I need the nest so not a great time to hatch a legendary animal lol :p

Pebblemist
11-10-17, 06:21 PM
Went ahead and placed my Forest Cat and started trying again since I'll need my nest for the chapter that starts tomorrow. Of course, now I probably won't be able to breed it in time for when I'll actually need it considering my first retry has resulted in an 18 hour, Super flippin Rare Punk Skunk. Maybe if I'm lucky it will still work if it's already placed like some people say it did with the Honey Bear last SB... sigh...

Latoyab211
11-10-17, 09:06 PM
First try Pandaffodil/Skyger :) I have two nests but the other one is taken by a 46 hour Garnet Griffin. I need the nest so not a great time to hatch a legendary animal lol :p
Hi, do you know what you need to get the Griffin? I have been trying to breed Crystal unicorn for months too. I am level 148. TY

BiggerBubbles
11-10-17, 09:58 PM
Got 16hrs, 10 hrs and 10 hrs, easy, not so much!
Another 10 hrs.

15 hrs then another 10 hrs, I am not happy. This is probably the only fairy I could get, missed the first one, no hope of finishing the world event. I am much better at storybooks, but not hopeful of this one now.

NazKat
11-11-17, 01:39 AM
15 hrs then another 10 hrs, I am not happy. This is probably the only fairy I could get, missed the first one, no hope of finishing the world event. I am much better at storybooks, but not hopeful of this one now.

I'm not getting it either. Just keep getting 10 hrs!!! I managed the super rare honey bear three times last story book.

AppieP
11-11-17, 01:41 AM
I'm not getting it either. Just keep getting 10 hrs!!! I managed the super rare honey bear three times last story book.

Same for me. Only 10 hours fail.

Lisa0107
11-11-17, 04:31 AM
Don't wait till the last minute..took me 3 days to finally breed this little guy

BiggerBubbles
11-11-17, 05:04 AM
So far I have had 16hrs, 10hrs, 10 hrs, 10 hrs, 15hrs, 10hrs, 10hrs...

And no Lisa, I didn’t leave it till the last minute, I started as soon as it was mentioned in the forum, they are such long fail times, and then you have required breeding from the storybook in the middle. It is due tomorrow, so disappointed.

Lisa0107
11-11-17, 07:26 AM
So far I have had 16hrs, 10hrs, 10 hrs, 10 hrs, 15hrs, 10hrs, 10hrs...

And no Lisa, I didn?t leave it till the last minute, I started as soon as it was mentioned in the forum, they are such long fail times, and then you have required breeding from the storybook in the middle. It is due tomorrow, so disappointed.

I'm sorry bigger bubbles. I hope u get him soon. Crazy that a "common" is so hard. Seem more like rares to me. Best of luck to u 😊

Tonynkayla17
11-11-17, 10:08 AM
Did not get it with a paffofli and skgyer

Tonynkayla17
11-11-17, 10:20 AM
I bteeded both of the anf got a mousse

AppieP
11-11-17, 11:47 AM
Did not get it with a paffofli and skgyer

I finally did after a few speed breedings. Used Skyger and Pandaffodil. Right on time for the next chapter. Good luck trying

BiggerBubbles
11-11-17, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry bigger bubbles. I hope u get him soon. Crazy that a "common" is so hard. Seem more like rares to me. Best of luck to u ��

Sorry Lisa, I shouldn’t have mentioned you, you were only warning people to start early. I started as soon as I saw it was required and have 2 nests so I had somewhere to place it. I now have 13 hr. I just had spinal surgery done and now have numbness in the inside of my ‘good’ leg and continual pain on the outside. I can’t sleep and I’m not in a good place. This just isn’t helping.��

Latoyab211
11-11-17, 06:53 PM
I got Forest Cat with Skyger & Panda on 2ND try. Good luck all!

BiggerBubbles
11-11-17, 08:52 PM
Sped the 8th try of 13 hrs and finally got 5 hrs, just in time, I am so happy, I might just have a chance of getting a fairy.

NazKat
11-12-17, 01:50 AM
Still nothing here. Now I'm on the act for the cat. Probably won't finish this. I'm not able to breed any new animals at all! It's getting very disheartening.:(

miadoubled
11-12-17, 08:50 AM
It does autocomplete if you hatched early, i bred another just in case.. kinda hate that it tied uo my nest forever waiting!

Pebblemist
11-12-17, 09:00 AM
It autocompleted for me as well. I had another one in the.
breeding den as well but that wasn't needed. Now it's tying up my nest that I could be using for the 100000 animals I need to breed this month. Crossing my fingers for a quick Sea Lion for chapter 9.

miadoubled
11-12-17, 09:18 AM
It autocompleted for me as well. I had another one in the.
breeding den as well but that wasn't needed. Now it's tying up my nest that I could be using for the 100000 animals I need to breed this month. Crossing my fingers for a quick Sea Lion for chapter 9.

I feel the same! Too many animals to breed, not enough time ! Good luck to you ! I luckily just bred one a few weeks ago as a fail for something else!

Tonynkayla17
11-12-17, 01:45 PM
I am breeding these 2 animals for the 3rd time

jamestown06320
11-12-17, 10:13 PM
Got Forest Cat on the 2nd try with Firewolf and Pandaofodil. Both are level 15 (posting levels because I always wonder what levels animals are at.)

Thanx for combo Got it on my third try Firewolf lvl 13 & Pandaofodil 15

liesl23
11-13-17, 06:38 AM
I bred Skyger and Pandafodil 3 times and got a 18 hr,10 hr,10 hr., and then finally on my 4th try of breeding the same combo, I am getting a 5 hr. timer, I am SO excited, I HOPE it is a Forest Cat! :)

AppieP
11-13-17, 10:54 AM
I bred Skyger and Pandafodil 3 times and got a 18 hr,10 hr,10 hr., and then finally on my 4th try of breeding the same combo, I am getting a 5 hr. timer, I am SO excited, I HOPE it is a Forest Cat! :)

Can't think of something else, so CONGRATS

liesl23
11-13-17, 12:03 PM
thanks!! :)

luna2cute
11-14-17, 01:10 PM
I have a friend who has breeding non stop for the forest cat and is getting rares, super rares and every other common but the cat.

This seems really fishy to me as the cat is common and you’d think in 5 or more days you could breed one. I feel bad for my friend. Anyone else having trouble getting a common cat?

Rynetory2
05-17-19, 10:23 PM
Forest Cat - relisted
More information on Forest Cat (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1467684&viewfull=1#post1467684) in Creatures Guide.

Forest Cat

Element: Dark, Nature
Rarity: Common
Cost: 400 gems

You need to hatch a new Forest Cat for the Forest Huntress Goal 1. Existing Forest Cat does not count for Goal 1, it counts for Goals 2 and 3.