PDA

View Full Version : Why are so many of the new dragons not tradable?

FireballFarm
11-06-17, 08:45 PM
We never got an answer about this. I've gotten SO MANY Neo Bubble fails in the last month, it's not even funny. With the space and food limitations, I seriously doubt anyone wants habitats full of Neo Bubbles. And it's not the only new dragon that isn't tradable- most of the new ones are not.

The measly 100-coin sell rate for all dragons, regardless of rarity, was tolerable in years past because you could trade the fails off instead of taking a total loss (yes, 100 coins counts as a total loss). Gems and lotus blossoms are a nice thing for lower level players who are working on the crafted dragons. For the higher level players, there may not be much to do with the gems, but at least it was *something* to show for your endless hours of failed breeding efforts. Getting repeats of the new, untradable dragons is just painful. It feels like banging your head against a brick wall. Each and every 100-coin Neo Bubble fail wastes 20 hours of time.

I don't see WHY the change was made? It makes no sense. The small number of items players get for trading dragons (gems, lotus blossoms, the occasional scroll) doesn't effect your bottom line, at all. There is no way for S8 to profit off of removing the trade option.

Every single player spends the majority of their time in this game dealing with fails and repeat, unwanted dragons, especially the common ones. Removing the ability to trade these dragons is not only disheartening, it lowers the quality of the game.

Please make dragons tradable again.

Clark_Wayne
11-07-17, 06:14 AM
besides since DT need gems, this is not fair to not be able to trade them

starship412
11-07-17, 02:24 PM
Agreed with everything said on this thread. All dragons that are bred should be tradeable - especially Neo Bubble.

Natzski
11-13-17, 12:12 AM
Weird, I just went to trade a volt but couldn’t... I thought I had traded it in the past. This has happened with a few other dragons too. I wish we knew before feeding and evolving that a dragon is not able to be traded.

random59
11-13-17, 12:57 PM
Weird, I just went to trade a volt but couldn’t... I thought I had traded it in the past. This has happened with a few other dragons too. I wish we knew before feeding and evolving that a dragon is not able to be traded.

All these dragons that we have needed to breed for Tales have never been trade able and as they do not disappear once the Tales finish it is silly.

These dragons should be classed as limited for the duration of the event!

Natzski
11-14-17, 07:00 AM
All these dragons that we have needed to breed for Tales have never been trade able and as they do not disappear once the Tales finish it is silly.

These dragons should be classed as limited for the duration of the event!

Yes I agree. Thanks for letting me know. I will just sell them straight away now and not waste time and food on them.

CamileGame
11-30-17, 11:19 AM
Agreed with everything said on this thread. All dragons that are bred should be tradeable - especially Neo Bubble.

Agree! And if they're not going to be trade able then remove them from the game after the event where they must be bred to advance/complete.
Delete Neo Bubble now (we've renamed him Neo Suckle! Lol)

CamileGame
11-30-17, 11:22 AM
We never got an answer about this. I've gotten SO MANY Neo Bubble fails in the last month, it's not even funny. With the space and food limitations, I seriously doubt anyone wants habitats full of Neo Bubbles. And it's not the only new dragon that isn't tradable- most of the new ones are not.

The measly 100-coin sell rate for all dragons, regardless of rarity, was tolerable in years past because you could trade the fails off instead of taking a total loss (yes, 100 coins counts as a total loss). Gems and lotus blossoms are a nice thing for lower level players who are working on the crafted dragons. For the higher level players, there may not be much to do with the gems, but at least it was *something* to show for your endless hours of failed breeding efforts. Getting repeats of the new, untradable dragons is just painful. It feels like banging your head against a brick wall. Each and every 100-coin Neo Bubble fail wastes 20 hours of time.

I don't see WHY the change was made? It makes no sense. The small number of items players get for trading dragons (gems, lotus blossoms, the occasional scroll) doesn't effect your bottom line, at all. There is no way for S8 to profit off of removing the trade option.

Every single player spends the majority of their time in this game dealing with fails and repeat, unwanted dragons, especially the common ones. Removing the ability to trade these dragons is not only disheartening, it lowers the quality of the game.

Please make dragons tradable again.

Please make all dragons that can be bred tradable! It's not fair to spend time, food & coins then be unable to trade the dragon!!

bozotc19
11-30-17, 02:02 PM
Can somebody generate a list of these untradable commons, thanks. No point in feeding these losers, get rid of them at birth.

Phoenix406
11-30-17, 04:23 PM
Can somebody generate a list of these untradable commons, thanks. No point in feeding these losers, get rid of them at birth.

Ummm, wow, what a negative attitude towards cute dragons. :(

skyharbor602
11-30-17, 05:24 PM

Lol. I hear ya on that.
Here are those untradable commons. Let em starve or send them to the scrap heap:

Hoot
Neo Suck-le
Gloriosa
Whiplash
Volt

cindeesparkles
11-30-17, 06:50 PM
Totally agree. I?m level 200 and everything is getting ridiculous. And trying to breed a dragon for the DT has become impossible and I?m tired and refuse buying them. Haven?t completed many events lately and getting ready to give up on the game. Just have invested years and plenty of cash. Disappointed.

RhodryMaelwaedd
11-30-17, 11:42 PM
Lol. I hear ya on that.
Here are those untradable commons. Let em starve or send them to the scrap heap:

Hoot
Neo Suck-le
Gloriosa
Awoken
Leaf
Whiplash
Volt

Awoken can be traded.

lintupien
12-01-17, 06:50 AM
Leaf too can be traded.

kat8rose
12-01-17, 12:04 PM
Thought guidelines were any dragon not available for coins is tradable???? Another thing out the window arbitrarily? If we can't trade these for gems, maybe we can trade them for gold? I vote Yes for that!

Tanks_Nurse08
02-22-18, 05:03 PM
Awoken can be traded.

Dragons are now tradeable, even the ones that couldn't before! Maybe for a limited time?? Not sure, but going to take advantage of it while I can

Tanks_Nurse08
02-22-18, 05:05 PM
Neo can be traded now, not sure if its for limited time, but going to take advantage of it

Tanks_Nurse08
02-22-18, 05:07 PM
I thought it was funny, and so true!

Den8137259
03-09-18, 09:10 PM
Poor drags, I still can't figure out why they have existed in first place? ★

They're utterly worthless, untradable and discarded at birth ★

Hoot
Neo Suck-le
Gloriosa
Whiplash
Volt

CaRee215
03-09-18, 09:51 PM
Ok, I can trade the Neo bubble. Have 3X already, plus genies, Diamonds and a few others.. Now the neo moon IS NOT... n yes I agree, I think all dragons n animals should be tradable n used for breeding. Just to see what you can get.... Lol

CaRee215
03-09-18, 09:52 PM
I've traded all those in last 2 weeks...

Xyn25
03-26-18, 03:58 PM
Now the issue is not the commons but all of the rest! All of the dragons from the last Tales, Uranus, Neo Moon, and more, are not tradeable and that seriously sucks. It's like they gave us this really cool feature to get some dragons that we missed and then took away most of the ways that we can do it.

JustKay
03-27-18, 05:10 PM
Now the issue is not the commons but all of the rest! All of the dragons from the last Tales, Uranus, Neo Moon, and more, are not tradeable and that seriously sucks. It's like they gave us this really cool feature to get some dragons that we missed and then took away most of the ways that we can do it.

I'm hoping this is just temporary. Maybe they just haven't added in all the details for the Codex entries for new dragons as they are released. It also makes sense that while an event is going on, players shouldn't be able to accidentally trade away dragons that are critical to event goals or limited time goals set during that time. Give it time and I hope they will be trade-able in future. Am going to craft a few Uranus dragons in anticipation.

AnnirasSweets
03-27-18, 06:13 PM
I'm hoping this is just temporary. Maybe they just haven't added in all the details for the Codex entries for new dragons as they are released. It also makes sense that while an event is going on, players shouldn't be able to accidentally trade away dragons that are critical to event goals or limited time goals set during that time. Give it time and I hope they will be trade-able in future. Am going to craft a few Uranus dragons in anticipation.

Sorry, but no. I've asked this question in the Codex thread and was answered that the new dragons not being used in the Codex are "part of the dragons intended design."

amerirish
03-28-18, 11:26 AM
I wonder why some dragons are not able to be crafted like Breakup, Polaris & Neo Aries

Phoenix406
03-28-18, 04:01 PM
Because Storm 8 hates us. End of story. ;)

AnnirasSweets
03-28-18, 04:35 PM
Because Storm 8 hates us. End of story. ;)

LOL. Truer words!

But seriously, I don't get what their reasoning could possibly be with not allowing any of the March dragons to be crafted or disenchanted with the Codex. How and why would the developers make that "Part of the dragon's intended design?" That's seriously what their reply was. What even?

If this trend continues then we'll only be able to craft the dragons that were released before the Codex was created. I'm really confused as to why they would make that decision and how they think that it will enrich either our gameplay or their bottom line.

JustKay
03-28-18, 11:08 PM
Sorry, but no. I've asked this question in the Codex thread and was answered that the new dragons not being used in the Codex are "part of the dragons intended design."

Aw, that's kinda sad. I guess maybe they are putting in a buffer between dragons first being released and then making their way into the codex. While it makes sense to keep the limited opportunity desirability of recent release dragons up there, while trying to unlock value from the large back catalog of old releases, you can't have it both ways... well you can but it doesn't seem fair :(

Not sure what to do with all the extra craftable dragons now. Keep them until the day they become disenchantable? Am lucky I have space since I had the foresight to keep eggs in storage until I need them.

AnnirasSweets
03-28-18, 11:27 PM
Aw, that's kinda sad. I guess maybe they are putting in a buffer between dragons first being released and then making their way into the codex. While it makes sense to keep the limited opportunity desirability of recent release dragons up there, while trying to unlock value from the large back catalog of old releases, you can't have it both ways... well you can but it doesn't seem fair :(

Not sure what to do with all the extra craftable dragons now. Keep them until the day they become disenchantable? Am lucky I have space since I had the foresight to keep eggs in storage until I need them.

I had the same thought about there being a bit of a buffer but...I specifically asked if all the new release dragons (that we can't disenchant or craft) from March will ever be added or if they'll always be essentially useless. Their answer (that not being able to craft the new dragons was intentional) sounds like they have no plans to ever make them able to be disenchanted. If they were going to have a set time between the dragon's release and when we could craft them, I would think their answer would reflect that.

I'm pretty steamed over this fact but more than that, I'm upset that they refuse to explain their decision. I understand it's their game and they can do what they like but perhaps it wouldn't be so upsetting to their consumers if they would just explain why none of the dragons released this month can be used for the Codex system.

Xyn25
03-29-18, 07:48 AM
It would be reasonable if they didn't let us craft dragons with essence until there is no other way to get them, so as not to take away from the actual events. But not being able to disenchant even new breedable dragons is absolutely ridiculous. It's not like it would be easy to breed/get a gazillion of the new dragons and trade them anyway.

Rfs04
03-29-18, 11:11 AM
My theory on making them non tradeable is that most of these dragons they have as ultra rare. Now if we get doubles on some n wanted to trade, well that's 100 essence. S8 cant allow us to accumulate essence that easily!!

This month they limited Orbit and Universe to 1 only and that too seems to fit my theory...can't be too safe, limit those dragons and make them untradeable too! S8 just can't be generous. Very very sad.

My 2nd theory is they were defined as untradeable by mistake and we all know when S8 makes a mistake, it's rarely admitted and rather we're told, it's intended!!!

Maybe S8 will actually read this and think...wow, we change them all to rare n let them be traded for little bitty 10 essence!

AnnirasSweets
03-29-18, 12:15 PM
My theory on making them non tradeable is that most of these dragons they have as ultra rare. Now if we get doubles on some n wanted to trade, well that's 100 essence. S8 cant allow us to accumulate essence that easily!!

This month they limited Orbit and Universe to 1 only and that too seems to fit my theory...can't be too safe, limit those dragons and make them untradeable too! S8 just can't be generous. Very very sad.

My 2nd theory is they were defined as untradeable by mistake and we all know when S8 makes a mistake, it's rarely admitted and rather we're told, it's intended!!!

Maybe S8 will actually read this and think...wow, we change them all to rare n let them be traded for little bitty 10 essence!

I would agree but it's every single dragon released in March regardless of rarity, breedability, etc. Across the board, none are listed as craftable or able to be disenchanted. That's 18 dragons not of any use with the new Codex system, only 6 of which are URs. Don't get me wrong, I really hope S8 proves all my nay-saying was for nothing and changes things but as of right now, I'm wondering about the long-term usefulness of the new system.

Rfs04
03-29-18, 02:23 PM
I would agree but it's every single dragon released in March regardless of rarity, breedability, etc. Across the board, none are listed as craftable or able to be disenchanted. That's 18 dragons not of any use with the new Codex system, only 6 of which are URs. Don't get me wrong, I really hope S8 proves all my nay-saying was for nothing and changes things but as of right now, I'm wondering about the long-term usefulness of the new system.

I thought more were UR. But you're right, they give us something with one hand and take away twice as much with the other!

The Codex seems like a new toy for the programmers who coded it but the organization of dragons is haphazard and too many are lumped in miscellaneous so it takes so long to scroll. When I exit codex my game lags from all the memory eaten up by codex and I need quit n return to speed things up.

As someone else was wondering, why couldnt they have continued using gemstones rather than introduce a new element and of course put ridiculously high amounts as with the marble keys.

There are so many errors not fixed and they decide to play and add something that basically takes memory n space while so many players struggle with getting kicked out. As you say, whats the great advantage of codex? For me, my dragons to trade are so backed up and mostly i get 10 essence..... whoop de doo!