PDA

View Full Version : Missing the "free gem" icon

ChocBubblez
02-02-16, 07:42 PM
On Bakery Story, I will always get the option to watch 10 ads for 10 gems. This offer pops up after 24 hours.

But whilst loading Restaurant Story, I see the option of earning free gems to the top right side of the screen. But then when the game loads, the option is gone. Even if I didn't get the free gems on Bakery Story, the option does not appear on Restaurant Story, so I'm wondering if this is a bug...

The free gem offer loads on my iPad, but on my S5 there are no free gem offers for either games.

Is there some way to trigger the free gems offer in Restaurant Story?

kooky panda
02-02-16, 07:56 PM
The video feature is an iOS only feature.
You may have this feature in all some or none of your games.

If you have icon, but the video is not working, please send an email to support@storm8.com .

ChocBubblez
02-02-16, 08:53 PM
The video feature is an iOS only feature.
You may have this feature in all some or none of your games.

If you have icon, but the video is not working, please send an email to support@storm8.com .

Ah, then that's a bit disappointing :(
Would love to scoop up some Valentine gem items, but I can only really depend on cooking dishes and getting them to level 2 and 4.

GeorgieMutt
02-23-16, 03:23 PM
On the free gems question I'm running iOS RS; got to level 99 and the watch ad icon no longer appears. Is that normal?

ElaineCarrel
02-23-16, 03:45 PM
On the free gems question I'm running iOS RS; got to level 99 and the watch ad icon no longer appears. Is that normal?
Think it has to do w the last iOS update w RS. I no longer get the option of watching 3 ads for 3 gems.

GeorgieMutt
02-23-16, 07:31 PM
Ok thanks. Bummer!

79jmo
02-24-16, 08:35 PM

So, what's up? I finally got an iPad a couple months ago. Enjoyed earning the gems by watching videos for a few weeks, then stopped seeing the icon/link in RS. Can we no longer earn gems by watching videos in RS?

Yes, I am using iOS.

But, I can only do the video ads to earn gems in a few games. I can't do it in RS or BS2.

Rynetory2
02-24-16, 08:53 PM
As Kooky posted above, "You may have this feature in all some or none of your games.", so you may not get in all of your games.

If you have concerns about your account, please send an email to support@storm8.com. Thanks.

cccjc
02-25-16, 10:27 PM
The option to watch videos to gain gems has disappeared from my window. There are multiple issues since the last upgrade.

pcabral03
02-26-16, 04:48 PM
I think a player mentioned in another thread, they got response from support that videos for gems was promotional feature for IOS users that can appear or disappear at any given time.

eclipseapocalypse
03-04-16, 05:08 AM
In another thread i made the mod said that not having the video gem was a bug that has been reported but I guess they removed it

kgp70282
03-04-16, 09:30 AM
Please bring it back

79jmo
03-08-16, 02:13 AM
It's dropping from other games, too. Currently, I can only get the earn by watching ads in Castle Story & Bakery Story.
I'd rather not email if it's a known problem that is being worked on.

alicee11
03-23-16, 03:39 PM
Hey all. Since I updated my restaurant game 1.7.9 version, I don't have anymore free diamond videos to watch. Is that some kind of bug? I still have them in Bakery. What's wrong?

ponapeztiz
08-13-17, 06:23 PM
Hi,
My name is Lauren, i have been playing Restaurant Story for a while, I just have lost the button to earn free gems on my device. It is totally gone. I have reinstalled the app and still no button. Please help.
Thank you.

Rynetory2
08-13-17, 10:46 PM
Hi,
My name is Lauren, i have been playing Restaurant Story for a while, I just have lost the button to earn free gems on my device. It is totally gone. I have reinstalled the app and still no button. Please help.
Thank you.

This is a promotional feature which goes out to random players. There's nothing you can do about it, it's just random. Some players who lost it got it back and some didnt. Hope yours returns.

Jasmincitos
08-15-17, 09:26 AM
I would like to know why I do not have the option of "free gems" in my game, being that I am in level 99. I'm using it on a mobile with android. On my other device being another user, yes I have the free gems! I game con android. HELP !!

kooky panda
08-15-17, 10:25 AM
I would like to know why I do not have the option of "free gems" in my game, being that I am in level 99. I'm using it on a mobile with android. On my other device being another user, yes I have the free gems! I game con android. HELP !!

This is a promotional feature which goes out to random players. There's nothing you can do about it, it's just random. Some players who lost it got it back and some didnt. Hope yours returns.

I do not think this feature is offered to android players at this time.

tyrangoesrawr
08-22-17, 06:55 PM
I have an iPhone 5s using version 10.3.3 and restaurant story version 1.8.
My option to watch video ads to double coin income for 2 hours and earn free gems was previously missing for about a month, it then appeared for 2 days and has now disappeared again for another 3 days. I understand the wait time is about 24 hours for more videos but clearly it has been more than 24 hours and I've missed out on a lot of gems because of this. Hope this can be fixed asap :(

Rynetory2
08-22-17, 10:11 PM
These features are random promotional so they come and go.

You can contact Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) have an agent to check your account.

angelakhira
09-02-17, 08:14 PM
why is it the videos for free gems is unavailable? huehue.. i cant get free gems..

Rynetory2
09-03-17, 01:14 AM
why is it the videos for free gems is unavailable? huehue.. i cant get free gems..

This is a promotional feature which goes out to random players. Hope you get yours soon. Good luck!

Merged to existing thread.

kayjco
09-15-17, 09:51 PM
Some people get to watch videos for gems, some don't. If you do, it can disappear at any time. I've never had it.

1Dimpelss
09-20-17, 10:17 PM
I can watch them I have Android never disappeared only problem with loading sometimes

1stLadyDJ
09-22-17, 10:42 AM
I've never had option for earning free gems, just an option for reducing cook time!

minhdang3260
09-23-17, 07:07 PM
I have the same problem. but when i send support request, I received the notice:

We have limited support services for Restaurant Story and will not be able to respond to individual requests. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please visit the Community Forums, as the community may have already shared information related to your request

serenla76
11-06-17, 11:53 AM
The little icon that is usually in the upper right corner that gives extra coins for watching videos has been missing from my restaurant story account for a few weeks now. (It still works on bakery story). Is there any way to get it back?
Getting the extra gems has really helpful in the past.
If it helps, I play on an android device (LG G5)

kayjco
11-07-17, 02:26 AM
That comes and goes, very random. Some people (like MOI) never got it. If you ever get free gems, consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

bravecoconut
11-22-17, 08:14 PM
Watching one video to remove two hours from the cooking time of any item will remove one video you can watch to get a gem. I hope that makes sense as I can't think of another way to say it.

G4OU812
11-28-17, 02:05 PM
I also noticed it disappear but was when the gem sale was on. Once the gem sale was gone, I saw the gem video button was back.

goldngrll
12-05-17, 05:27 PM
hello

I am one of three people in my house playing Restaurant story. I had the free gem icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen, but it disappeared!! the other 2 in my house still have it. so no free gems for me. :( I am able to watch videos to speed up food, but not for gems....anyone?

thanks, Patty

goldngrll
12-05-17, 06:48 PM
this happened to me, also...

did you happen to purchase any gems with real payment?? I found a google play gift card and did this, and it was after that I noticed the icon was missing.....ugh....

pixiegamer
12-05-17, 09:54 PM
The free gems feature is a random promotion - it is offered randomly and can come and go.

bliss91
12-08-17, 11:14 AM
Is there any way to get the videos for gems to come back on in Restaurant Story? It has been missing for a few days now.

kooky panda
12-08-17, 11:18 AM
This is a promotional feature. It is subject to change, so hopefully you will receive it at a later time.

Hea7her914
12-26-17, 06:42 AM
Can anyone tell me why I can no longer watch videos and receive free gems? Thanks!

kayjco
12-26-17, 09:17 AM
Because that's not a permanent feature. You get it for a while IF you are lucky. Some people (like moi) never get it at all.

Jojocl141587
12-26-17, 10:29 AM
How about the video for the 2 hour coin boost? I thought that was a permanent feature for ios?

wickedstepmother
12-30-17, 08:14 PM
I was lucky to get gems a couple times but didn't get the gems from the last 2 task I completed. Too bad it's up to luck.

Myfmly1st
01-07-18, 11:44 AM
Same thing happened to me! That's why I came looking for answers. I dont think that answer by pixiegamer is correct. I've had my game a long time & this just recently happened. I bought gems (cheapest pack) and now my free gems are gone. I emailed storm8 & they sent the generic response about not helping. Any other suggestions?

kooky panda
01-08-18, 10:18 AM
The comment by pixiegamer is correct. Promotional features in the games are subject to change.

K8ie521
01-13-18, 07:57 PM
Bummer. I lost mine, too. It was the only way I've been able to finish a goal without spending many gems.

LittleLemonForest
01-14-18, 05:52 PM
i did a free gems promotion, but i didn't get the gems....even just the +1 to watch a video..I didn't get...

popimaria
02-19-18, 09:01 AM
Hello everyone...is there a way or explanation why this icon gone since yesterday?

twospoons
02-20-18, 08:53 AM
No, it is offered randomly. Some players still have it, while others have never gotten it. It may one day come back on your account, or it may not. Just how it is!

kooky panda
02-20-18, 10:36 AM
Promotional features are subject to change.

popimaria
02-21-18, 02:24 AM
Sorry but does it mean that promotional features are going to change?

popimaria
02-21-18, 02:25 AM
Sorry ..I meant What does it mean......

kooky panda
02-21-18, 10:02 AM
Promotion features subject the change means that you may get a feature , it may also be removed, but It could also come back at some point.
Very random, no set schedule.

mac1068
02-25-18, 05:52 AM
Videos are not playing for me at the moment for gems error message every time I have let them know

akcdefelice
03-23-18, 05:15 PM
Ive been playing since September. All of a sudden about two weeks ago I stopped getting the daily videos to earn free gems. I deleted the game and reinstalled it and I still didn?t get anything back. Help please.

kooky panda
03-24-18, 01:22 PM
This is a promotional feature and is subject to change.

noga34
04-22-18, 12:17 AM
Hey, what's going on with the ads? Yesterday there were none at all ...

Rynetory2
04-23-18, 01:38 AM
Hey, what's going on with the ads? Yesterday there were none at all ...

This is a promotional feature which comes and goes to random players. You stand a chance of getting it back.

TwixAndScones
05-17-18, 11:04 PM
For me, ever since i buy gem about a almost 2 year ago for halloween box and crate - i have never see the free gem video pop up after (it did before i buy gem)- so do know that they take away the free gem offer when you buy gem.

Also i talk to my in game friends and after they buy gem, they never see the free gem offer either - but they did before they buy some gem.

They most likely they take the free gem offer away after you buy gem. I could be wrong - but it weird how all the people i talk to (and myself) have buy gem, never see the free gem after they buy - But they did before.

sandyferrer27
05-22-18, 10:00 AM
Why I don't have the option to earn diamonds watching videos on my Rest. game but in Bakery game I can??????

TwixAndScones
05-22-18, 07:35 PM
Have you buy gems? If not
It could just be a glitch...

But with me - ever since i buy gem i have never see the free gem video pop up anymore :( it did before i buy. Same with my bakery.

But why i ask you is it could be that also.

Just a other post: have you never get/ see the free gem (for videos in RS, or did this just happen recent?

Rynetory2
05-22-18, 08:35 PM
Why I don't have the option to earn diamonds watching videos on my Rest. game but in Bakery game I can??????

This is a promotional feature which comes and goes to random players. You stand a chance to get it.

maggieaco
06-05-18, 11:18 AM
I have 9 bakery story games on 7 different devices and I don't get the free gems button on the only device that I had purchased gems on before. So you are right after all! That is so unfair:(

Mjh79
06-15-18, 01:16 PM
Any specific reason I'm not offered videos to receive free diamonds daily?
I ONLY receive the option to "speed up" cooking times via videos but ZERO offers to get a diamond for watching one.

Anyone know why?

Rynetory2
06-15-18, 08:06 PM
Any specific reason I'm not offered videos to receive free diamonds daily?
I ONLY receive the option to "speed up" cooking times via videos but ZERO offers to get a diamond for watching one.

Anyone know why?

Welcome to the forum. :)

This is a promotional feature which is offered to random players, it comes and goes randomly. Hope you get it soon.

myharleycat
09-01-18, 04:42 PM
I've noticed something in the last week. In my android restaurant or bakery I can watch video to speed up cooking which helped me tremendously in the last goal. But on my ios device my games won't give that option , is this just me? A bug? Please feel free to post this in right forum if this isn't it! Thanks :love_heart::love-struck::love-struck:

krisiaj
09-11-18, 12:13 AM

This is a promotional feature which is offered to random players, it comes and goes randomly. Hope you get it soon.

Hi -

I have a question, would reinstalling the game can somehow make or up the chances of getting that promotional feature back? Just thinking outloud here. Not sure if this has been asked or tried:)

Rynetory2
09-11-18, 01:47 AM
Welcome to the forum, krisiaj :)

I don't think it does but no harm trying if you wish. ;)

krisiaj
09-11-18, 02:57 AM
Welcome to the forum, krisiaj :)

I don't think it does but no harm trying if you wish. ;)

Thanks! Just new here:)

Oh i see. Thanks! As long as the account is bind to storm8, we wont lose the account/bakery, correct?

Rynetory2
09-11-18, 07:06 AM
Nope, you wont lose it but make sure you have your Storm8 ID and password for recovery of account.

Christinaowens
10-02-18, 04:26 PM
I was watching my free gem videos. Three of them loaded and then that rest of the videos vanished. What happened and can I get them back?

Rynetory2
10-03-18, 05:23 AM
This video watching for gems is a promotional feature which is random. The video icon disappears after you have finished the videos. You will have to wait before it comes back. The number of video is not always fix; it's subject to changes. Hope you get yours back soon.

(Merged to existing discussion thread given it's not a bug.)

giadyl
10-08-18, 04:02 PM
this happened to me, also...

did you happen to purchase any gems with real payment?? I found a google play gift card and did this, and it was after that I noticed the icon was missing.....ugh....

That is when my Free Gems stopped also.That is just another sucky point with this game. They really know how to suck the fun out.

JadeEva
10-10-18, 04:42 AM
Hello, I am a newbie on Restaurant Story. I have the "free gems" button. When I click on it, the video starts till the end BUT I don't get any gem. And sometimes the button disappears.
Please could you fix the bug? Thanks!
The button come and go regularly ???!!!!

alexmejia94
10-10-18, 04:43 PM
It?s being a while that I don?t see the gem icon to watch videos or to buy gems on special.for example now it?s a special for 1.99 to going on and I don?t see on my scree. I use iOS. This happens in restaurant story long time and now it happen in bakery story. What can I do to fix it?
Thanks

kooky panda
10-11-18, 10:05 AM
It?s being a while that I don?t see the gem icon to watch videos or to buy gems on special.for example now it?s a special for 1.99 to going on and I don?t see on my scree. I use iOS. This happens in restaurant story long time and now it happen in bakery story. What can I do to fix it?
Thanks
See post 45.

Bella12042017
10-11-18, 11:07 AM
After one purchase of gems, the videos that brings free gems are disappeared, what can I do? Help me please!!!!

snowlorelei
10-24-18, 02:14 AM
^^^
same here! this sucks! i hope it comes back, i'm worried i won't be able to finish the halloween quest! 😭

ClassyCtyGrl
10-31-18, 03:47 AM
These features are random promotional so they come and go.

You can contact Support via support form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) have an agent to check your account.

--i followed your reply on this and tried to submit a ticket and it automatically closed. How do I get help/answers? I bought gems and now the promotional gems have been gone for a week. This is a big part of the game. Bug deal. I'm about to quit the game.

Rynetory2
10-31-18, 07:22 AM
--i followed your reply on this and tried to submit a ticket and it automatically closed. How do I get help/answers? I bought gems and now the promotional gems have been gone for a week. This is a big part of the game. Bug deal. I'm about to quit the game.

I'm afraid Support is unable to check due to limited support. However you do stand a chance to get it back as this promotional feature goes to random players. Hope you get yours back soon!

twospoons
10-31-18, 01:28 PM
It may be random for those who've never bought gems, but for those of us who have? Nope, no randomness at all.

AnnirasSweets
10-31-18, 01:42 PM
It may be random for those who've never bought gems, but for those of us who have? Nope, no randomness at all.

I don't understand why this is the case for BS and RS. I've never had the videos for free gems in either game so I literally have no clue how it works in these two s8 games. In CS and RS I've always had the promotional videos regardless as to when or how frequently I purchase gems so why is it different in BS and RS I wonder?

tcap3892
01-02-19, 08:19 PM
Storm8, why did I lose the ability to earn gems watching videos? Please give it back....

Rynetory2
01-03-19, 03:31 AM
Storm8, why did I lose the ability to earn gems watching videos? Please give it back....

This promotional feature goes to random players. You stand a chance to get it back. Hope you get back yours soon.

(Merged to existing thread)

esmeree
01-03-19, 03:05 PM
I am another who purchased gems and no longer have the videos for free gems. I contacted customer service and was told they had no control over the videos and to go to the forums for an answer. It has been months now and I don?t play as often which is a shame because I really like the game. I have played RS for 10 years on different devices. Wish Storm8 would value their players enough to fix this problem.

twospoons
01-03-19, 03:39 PM
I'm assuming--with absolutely no proof or inside knowledge--that getting a player to directly buy gems from s8 is a lot more profitable than whatever fraction of a cent they earn for every video a player watches. So when they have a player who has a proven willingness to buy gems (because they have before), the go-to move is to convince them to purchase again. Personally, I much prefer the "tempt them into it" method, where making a purchase gets you a special item unavailable to anyone not willing to shell out. But "back them into a corner" by making it much harder to get gems maybe has better results, I don't know.

Of course, if you've never bought gems, they can look for other ways to monetize you, by getting whatever tiny payment they get when you watch a video. And maybe all those players who never visit the forum don't realize that other people are getting offers they aren't.

Anyway, it's #1 on my list of things that bug me in these games, but being a long time player in my main restaurant / bakery kind of balanced it out. My newer restaurants can earn way more gems (since I've never bought gems there and get videos), but they'll still never get the awesome old goal prizes my main place has. (Which doesn’t necessarily help others, but cheers me up when my lack of easily obtained gems gets me down.)

msdivabmw
02-16-19, 10:32 AM
The little icon that is usually in the upper right corner that gives extra coins for watching videos has been missing from my restaurant story account for a few weeks now. (It still works on bakery story). Is there any way to get it back?
Getting the extra gems has really helpful in the past.
If it helps, I play on an android device (LG G5)

Really like that 💎 icon

Kylie502
03-30-19, 06:54 AM
What happened to the videos for the free gems? Haven't had any on RS or BS.

LilyxMoo
04-03-19, 06:58 PM
So i bought diamonds around Christmas time and after I did that i no longer got the free 10 diamonds u get when u watch adds. Has this happened to anyone else? I know that sometimes the free add diamonds doesnt pop up but the longest it didnt show for me was only about 2 weeks and then it popped up again. Now its been 4 months and i havent gotten the option. Now im regretting purchasing diamonds because i couldve just stayed patient and continued to get diamonds slowly throughout my gameplay. Any suggestions?

twospoons
04-03-19, 08:06 PM
No suggestions, just my sympathies. If anyone has ever gotten the offer again after buying gems, I've never heard of it. (I bought gems before the whole video option was even a thing, at least in android, and I've never gotten the option to watch.) I'm afraid you've unknowingly shot yourself in the foot.

Rynetory2
04-04-19, 10:17 PM
What happened to the videos for the free gems? Haven't had any on RS or BS.

This is a promotional feature that comes and goes players randomly. Hope you get yours soon. :)

ikawaiipanda
04-19-19, 03:11 PM
This is a promotional feature that comes and goes players randomly. Hope you get yours soon. :)

I've had the option to watch free gems for months, both for BS and RS. I've never purchased gems in RS before, and have had the free gems option pop up consistently for three straight months and it's still popping up. I've bought about 400 gems for bakery story on iOS through purchasing the starter pack about 8 times- and suddenly, poof. No free gems option anymore. Just an option to watch 2 videos a day to reduce cooking time. This has been ongoing for almost a month now, and when the 23rd of April hits, it will be exactly a month since I bought gems for BS. In that time, I could've accumlated 300 gems which basically renders my gems purchase redundant...I've noticed and other players have noticed that buying gems takes away this option and it is completely unfair...the option was a drive for me to play the game as after you master all the recipes, you can't get any more gems. There has to be a fix for this, because I paid money to support the game so I could expand faster, and now I can't expand any more as the option was the only way I could even dream of expanding.

So, I cast doubts that this is a random promotional feature. It seems that this feature is only available if you don't ever pay money to get gems. If there's any way to contact storm8 about this I'd like to know since they have limited support for the game. Because I love this game and the free gems option was the reason I kept playing because everything costs gems and the opportunity to watch 10 videos a day was a life saver. If I don't see the option in the next 2 weeks I just might abort the game :(

Vivalafrench1
06-07-19, 06:33 AM
I also bought gems in the spring sale to expand my restaurant and yes my free gems icon disappeared and has been gone sense April. I find it highly suspect that this is a promotional thing. I agree with the responding to said you shot yourself in the foot that's exactly how I feel. And I like you did it to support the game because I enjoyed it so much. But I have a feeling after you purchase gems you never get the free gem icon back. I did contact support and I did get the form response back that they're too busy to answer individual questions.

kermit428
06-09-19, 06:53 PM
The game sucks and the support too. It is not a "promotional offer". The free gems make you watch ten ads for ten gems. Then it takes 24 hours for it to come back. So that's how you get ten gems a day and it would only take a couple of days to expand your restaurant. But if you purchase something with real money that option is gone. And if you want to contact support ya can't because it takes as long as a month for them to get back to you. It is obvious they don't care about anyone or what problems they have. If they had a phone number I would have told them off by now. This game was cute and fun and I played it faithfully and now it sucks because I can't get free gems so now I can't expand or buy special things. Really sucks. And PS if you have ios you can't restart the game because it remembers your account.

Josiemay70
06-29-19, 06:09 AM
Free gems in my restaurant story disappear for few days. May I know what is going on? How long it going to take it to appear back in my restaurant?

AnnirasSweets
06-29-19, 08:42 AM
Free gems in my restaurant story disappear for few days. May I know what is going on? How long it going to take it to appear back in my restaurant?

Sorry to say, but the free gem videos are a promotional feature that is randomly assigned so there is no way to know if or when it will return.

Some players have it leave for a while then return again, others always have it and others still have never seen the offer at all. There is nothing we can do to bring back the offers or hurry their return; only time will tell if your offers will return and when they do so.

jws3rd
07-24-19, 07:10 PM
Have you ever spent money or iTunes or whatever on the game. I think once you do its gone. I have an iPad that has it but I never spent money on it. And my iPhone doesnt have it. And I spent money on the game thats the only difference I see

Metapont1618
08-06-19, 02:14 AM
Hello, I didn’t get the “Free Gems” icon (and neither the “Watch ad to speed cooking up“ button) in the last three days. I didn’t used real money to buy any gems and could use this feature continuously for about 4 months now. Any experiences with this situation? When will this feature come back for me (if ever)?

annalimanada
08-06-19, 03:47 PM
Hello, I didn’t get the “Free Gems” icon (and neither the “Watch ad to speed cooking up“ button) in the last three days. I didn’t used real money to buy any gems and could use this feature continuously for about 4 months now. Any experiences with this situation? When will this feature come back for me (if ever)?

I have the same problem. I lost it a while ago and than after a few weeks the gem-icon popped up again. And since yesterday it's gone again.
So I'm hoping it will come back in a few weeks. But I doubt it.

In BS it never came back after purchasing a few gems in the gem sale.

247ivy
08-09-19, 03:27 AM
Mine disappeared today too

I hope it's only a bug 😅

joeybasenji
08-12-19, 03:14 AM
The free gem icon is there but video cannot load this happens in this restaurant and my other restaurant

Any suggestions? If I try to load message I get is video failed to load or video did not finish while I have not seen any video

Anybody else having or had the same problem and how can it be fixed?

Rynetory2
08-12-19, 05:26 AM
The free gem icon is there but video cannot load this happens in this restaurant and my other restaurant

Any suggestions? If I try to load message I get is video failed to load or video did not finish while I have not seen any video

Anybody else having or had the same problem and how can it be fixed?

No issue in my game. Can you check your device and connection as video streaming can be more heavy? Please post in Bugs and Issues forum if you need more help. Hope it works.

Davkatz
08-14-19, 10:44 AM
I lost the free gems icon from the time I have purchased a gem on sale. Is it ok if I also write an email for this issue, why and when ill get back the free gems icon which was missing for 2-months now since I made a purchase .

Nozza17
09-04-19, 12:02 PM
I have recently made a purchase of 275 gems so I could expand my Restaurant which i have received but since receiving and using them I seem to have lost the daily free gem allocation of 10 gems which I would normally get by watching the adverts and promotions,

can anyone help or advise me please

Many thanks

Sue

sugarsweet20014
09-08-19, 05:49 PM
Have you ever spent money or iTunes or whatever on the game. I think once you do its gone. I have an iPad that has it but I never spent money on it. And my iPhone doesnt have it. And I spent money on the game thats the only difference I see

Actually yes, ever since I reached level 99, I got an offer to purchase gems for a very cheap Prince and so of course I did. I never got the option to get free gems after that however I still have the option to speed the cooking time by watching ads. This is honestly sad because this is a very expensive game. Expansion costs a lot and so does decorations so there should be the free gems option for everyone so that they can still enjoy the game. For expansion I literally relied on saving up the free gems I got because I can never reach the amount of coins they ask for so I hope storm8 releases things like free gems for logging in etc

LightAndLove83
10-02-19, 04:06 AM
I’m confused why there have been so many questions about free gems? Honestly, Storm didn’t have to give us free gems at all. it doesn’t make them money, so if we got them, that’s great, but if not, or if we only got them for a while, we should thank our lucky stars that we got it at all. I have spent a lot of money on this game. Probably more then I should have, given the fact that there are so many issues with it, and they have become less concerned with that fact and have changed the game so much that a lot of people have quit. I NEVER got the free gems, for either game, but I’m glad some others did. But I say, be thankful you got them. Many others didn’t. ��

Metapont1618
10-02-19, 05:58 AM
I’m confused why there have been so many questions about free gems? Honestly, Storm didn’t have to give us free gems at all. it doesn’t make them money, so if we got them, that’s great, but if not, or if we only got them for a while, we should thank our lucky stars that we got it at all. I have spent a lot of money on this game. Probably more then I should have, given the fact that there are so many issues with it, and they have become less concerned with that fact and have changed the game so much that a lot of people have quit. I NEVER got the free gems, for either game, but I’m glad some others did. But I say, be thankful you got them. Many others didn’t. ��

The gems aren’t free. They are just called “free gems”, but you have to watch ads to get them, so Storm 8 does earn money with them.
And the problem isn’t that Storm 8 is giving us the free gems only from time to time. I’m despite that thankful that they do so. The problem is that they lie about the mechanism when we get ads! They just say it is random, but there are definitely some non-random rules involved.

Denie49
10-23-19, 01:05 PM
The free gems videos is not showing I was wondering if it was down in restaurant story

Paul__
10-23-19, 01:16 PM
These videos are promotional and may not be available at all times.

playwithmine
11-10-19, 10:22 PM
I can no longer earn gems by watching videos. I click on it and it says videos failed to load. Are they going to fix this???? What can I do??

Kingdank420
12-09-19, 02:56 PM
I used to be able to watch videos to receive free gems or speed up cook time on both the restaurant story and bakery story games, but now after I have purchased gems, it doesn't pop up in the corner like it used to. Is there anything I can do to earn free gems/speed up cook time again?

kooky panda
12-10-19, 11:03 AM
I used to be able to watch videos to receive free gems or speed up cook time on both the restaurant story and bakery story games, but now after I have purchased gems, it doesn't pop up in the corner like it used to. Is there anything I can do to earn free gems/speed up cook time again?

Promotional items like this are subject to change. Hopefully it will return to your game in the future.

(merged this thread with the current thread on this topic)

TwixAndScones
12-10-19, 12:34 PM

The only free gems we can seem to earn now (us, the player who have buy gems - or just people who have been unfortunate to lose them) is now only by food mastery, it seems. :( Unfortunately.

MystFaerie
01-07-20, 10:29 AM
since they are not going to fix the free gem videos, I won't be playing much longer

jws3rd
01-10-20, 06:13 AM
I might be joining you. Since the ads steal your gems. Idk how other games do it but S8 needs to look into it soon

TwixAndScones
02-16-20, 03:25 PM
I?m confused why there have been so many questions about free gems? Honestly, Storm didn?t have to give us free gems at all. it doesn?t make them money, so if we got them, that?s great, but if not, or if we only got them for a while, we should thank our lucky stars that we got it at all. I have spent a lot of money on this game. Probably more then I should have, given the fact that there are so many issues with it, and they have become less concerned with that fact and have changed the game so much that a lot of people have quit. I NEVER got the free gems, for either game, but I?m glad some others did. But I say, be thankful you got them. Many others didn?t. ��

I think if you got them and then they disappeared (randomly) like many others within the forum, your response I feel would be different.

bindisue1969
03-04-20, 10:21 PM
I'm using a tablet and had the free gem icon in the right hand corner and now it's gone!! Why???!!!

supergyrl96
03-09-20, 08:58 AM
I have a Samsung J7 Sky Pro that I play Bakery Story on. For the past two weeks the icon for the free gems is missing. I can go to my Ipad and it's there but I don't want to carry my Ipad every time the video icon shows up. Is there any way this can be fixed?

TwixAndScones
03-09-20, 10:37 AM
I have a Samsung J7 Sky Pro that I play Bakery Story on. For the past two weeks the icon for the free gems is missing. I can go to my Ipad and it's there but I don't want to carry my Ipad every time the video icon shows up. Is there any way this can be fixed?

No, unfortunately not.

It may eventually come back on your Samsung, but don't count on this.

Best of luck, I do hope it comes back completely.

247ivy
03-30-20, 06:23 AM
I have Free Gems Icon shown on my HTC phone (Android 8.0) but always got Sorry, the video failed to load.

This also happens on the Blue Stack too:(

melmrz88
03-30-20, 04:50 PM
I have the same problem, the icon is there but the video failed to load. I wish they would upgrade the app on android store, but that seems impossible...

nova1028
05-08-20, 12:56 PM
In case people were wondering if they were safe from the gems not disappearing if they don't buy gems, that's not the case. I never purchased anything in this game and my option to view videos for gems disappeared suddenly. I'm not sure how long it usually stays for but from what I've read in the thread, the longest it sticks around is maybe 4 months? Which I think was the same with me. Then I accidentally clicked the top left corner while I was collecting tips and poof! 100 gems were gone because I had accidentally purchased 6 million coins. No confirmation button, nothing. I contacted storm8 support to see if the mistake could be reversed but they said there was nothing they could do. I think this feature is extremely unfair and if I ever considered giving them my money for gems before, that thought is long gone now. I doubt I will ever see the gems feature again, and slowly expanding my bakery is very frustrating. Due to quarantine, I have nothing better to do, but once I go back to working full time, I'll probably leave the game.

miumiu278
05-14-20, 01:47 PM
It seems like Im loosing my advertisement for gems after purchased a value package.I wanted to support the game so i purchased the package but the advertisings for gems were one of my motivation to keep play this game. Can someone help?

AnnirasSweets
05-14-20, 06:37 PM
It seems like Im loosing my advertisement for gems after purchased a value package.I wanted to support the game so i purchased the package but the advertisings for gems were one of my motivation to keep play this game. Can someone help?

Sorry, but there's nothing that can be done. The Free Gem Videos are a promotional feature that come and go randomly, the only thing you can do is wait and see if they return.

omgitsCAM
05-16-20, 07:49 PM

Actually, they?re just called ?Free Gems?, but we have to watch ADs to get them. They?re considered ?free? bc we don?t have to purchase. Storm 8 definitely makes a profit off us watching them. Just like anybody who puts ADs on their website (Ex Google) or videos (ex. YouTube). They get money for Advertising them. Also I believe Android never got the Watch Ads gems bc it doesn?t support it like iOS does. Honestly, it?s just frustrating that it?s inconsistent with loyal players. I too lost the watch ads button and I AM grateful I even had it. It?s just a little disappointing bc they have so many issues that it seems like they?re not in a hurry to fix or even try.

miumiu278
06-04-20, 11:05 AM
Hi guys. Has anyone experienced the issue of loosing free gems by watching advertisement videos after purchasing the new crate which is one sale at the moment for 16 gems? I heard some rumour for that but i really want to try get the bear " Merry Mascot" ��.

AnnirasSweets
06-04-20, 01:35 PM
Hi guys. Has anyone experienced the issue of loosing free gems by watching advertisement videos after purchasing the new crate which is one sale at the moment for 16 gems? I heard some rumour for that but i really want to try get the bear " Merry Mascot" ��.

Rumors and anecdotal evidence aside, there is NO guaranteed way to keep the Free Gem videos indefinitely nor are there any proven actions that will cause the offer leave. The free gem videos are a random promotional offer that can come and go at any time. It's out of our control entirely and nothing we do or don't do will change this despite what others claim.

VampireBlade1
06-27-20, 10:50 PM
Anyone having them say ?video did not finish...try again?? And I try again but it keeps failing even if I close game and come back. It works on rs but lately on bs it?s been like that.

Oops I thought I was on bs forum sorry

keithasimon
06-29-20, 11:34 AM
I never had the option to get gems it was only to reduce production time by 2 hours. I would like them to bring that back!

keithasimon
06-29-20, 11:35 AM
or at least take the option away so that I don't have to keep checking to see if it works!

kimaze72
07-08-20, 07:01 AM
Yes same here..video is not playing.

kimaze72
07-08-20, 07:03 AM
Yes same here..video is not playing. Are they going to put it back or it will never play

twospoons
07-17-20, 11:10 PM
Always hoped it would come back, now I really really hope it does! (lost a bunch to a pop-up)

Snowgoose59
11-13-20, 02:06 AM
Makes this even more annoying as we need gems to buy, or bypass buying, a stove to complete 12th November 5 day challenge 💔😣

zenafisher28
06-23-21, 12:36 PM
I have iOS - always had the icon to watch the adverts but now it?s suddenly disappeared. Can?t understand why.

udittara
02-22-23, 09:57 PM
I purchased gems and ever since it has disappeared never came back over a month

bambusaaa
03-08-23, 09:53 PM
Same problem here. Purchased some stuff a year ago and since then I don?t have the free gem icon. [support comments removed in line with Forum Rules by moderator] Since then I didn?t even spend money in Bakery story cause i guess the same problem will happen and no one will help me to get it back. ✨��

Sentient
04-17-24, 02:42 AM
Now I am so very sad!
I bought gems last night and the ad option disappeared for me as well. I am very sad about this and it feels very unfair to be punished for spending money on the game. I will never ever spend any money on any storm8 game again. :(