PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Quest - 2017 Nov 3 (POLL ADDED)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Scalezzzz
11-13-17, 09:07 PM
I restarted my device but it is still there.

mothernature15
11-13-17, 09:09 PM
I get what you mean! I saw it in the market being sold for 0 coins, and i wondered what was up so I dragged it to my farm. It shows as if it under construction but not the same way as other time where you can see something is being built. I want it off my farm |:

Yep!...hope it will be gone after a while and I might get habitat of course without beavers,

Scalezzzz
11-13-17, 09:10 PM
On the plus side, at least it didn't cost you any coins to get it.

Lol that is a plus.

It was because it said 0 coins that I got curious. I should have left it alone haha

mothernature15
11-13-17, 09:12 PM
completely agree with you👍👍, events are not what they use to be, I remember collecting during nights like crazy kids...
any way I do liked birdhouse and aspen trees

Scalezzzz
11-13-17, 09:16 PM
Yep!...hope it will be gone after a while and I might get habitat of course without beavers,

I am trying to find a place to hide it until I figure out what isn’t going to happen to it :confused:

mothernature15
11-13-17, 09:19 PM
I am trying to find a place to hide it until I figure out what isn?t going to happen to it :confused:

Hahaha

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 09:21 PM
I am trying to find a place to hide it until I figure out what isn’t going to happen to it :confused:

Roflol ;) nope it's not gonna to happen until the team comes to our rescue.

Aside to others: please refrain from purchasing it.

mothernature15
11-13-17, 09:21 PM
How ever may be the events I will never loose interest in the game, don't mind to be addicted to it

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 09:24 PM
On the plus side, at least it didn't cost you any coins to get it.

The irony is I have 2 dams without a single Beaver lol. (1 from event and I bought one to test after you guys reported it). Not sure whether to cry or laugh....

Ok... I choose the latter.

goodies70
11-13-17, 09:27 PM
I feel the voting poll is a joke! We've been posting our frustrations, problems & dislike with this goal for days & Storm8 didn't make any changes.

Fairyreserve
11-13-17, 09:42 PM
I feel the voting poll is a joke! We've been posting our frustrations, problems & dislike with this goal for days & Storm8 didn't make any changes.

Polls are important metrics that give numbers rather than discussion. You can't measure discussion.

mothernature15
11-13-17, 09:45 PM
The irony is I have 2 dams without a single Beaver lol. (1 from event and I bought one to test after you guys reported it). Not sure whether to cry or laugh....

Ok... I choose the latter.

lol, I think this is the lighter part of the event....😄

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 09:51 PM

Yes what Fairyreserve said is correct. And also importantly, the poll gives silent forum members (those who read but don't post) a chance to vote as their feedback.

Polls are important metrics that give numbers rather than discussion. You can't measure discussion.

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 09:53 PM
lol, I think this is the lighter part of the event....��

Haha just as well for this glitch to lighten the atmosphere and gives us a chuckle. :p

marshawei
11-13-17, 10:01 PM
I wasnt able to finish the quest too 😔. Time was too short to juggle between expanding the barn for storage, deliveries and harvesting from crops and animals. Reached Level 11 and left with plenty of tree leaves, mud and logs. Is there by any chance that this quest will be extended before i sell/discard unused items? Just a wishful thinking. Lols.

zxzxzp
11-14-17, 12:13 AM
Restart your game and you should be able to store them.
I could store the incomplete dam. But was too late to clear my aspen grove. Meant to do it. But was busy. By the time i got to farm, the event was done:(

zxzxzp
11-14-17, 12:15 AM
Tap the Edit icon. Then tap on the item you want to store. If the Cellar icon is highlighted, you can tap that to send the item into the Cellar. If it doesn't light up, then the item cannot be stored. In some cases, you might need to wait a day or two for the item to be able to be stored.

I hope ur right. And the glich is fixed. I dont have enough space on the farm. Besides i paid gems for the golden aspen. I would like to be able to store and use it.

HappyBunny09
11-14-17, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the warning this time not there was an event going on and the count down timer to when it ends. Not you all have really let this game go that?s why I?ve stopped spending money on this game

cosmolife
11-14-17, 04:59 AM
Wow looking at the poll results, 81.25% of players had issues with low mud drop rate. This is a huge %

81.25% is not a random number. It was by design that we suffered low mud drop rate :(

I hope S8 made a lot of $$$$ . A big thank you to those who support S8 with gems. Without you, we wouldn't have this "free" game to play 😘

my4ferrets
11-14-17, 06:06 AM
I normally don’t post on forums. But this time I am. I too, did not get the Beaverdam due to mud bucket issues. I got to level 7 and then the drops quit coming.
I have been playing this game for almost 2 years and have never had any complaints until now. When a business chooses to not listen to their customers I get irritated really quickly. Normally I just delete a game and walk away. But I am going to remain trying to enjoy this game and see how the next one goes along. I have also decided to no longer fork out real money as it is just a waste of money and still Not be able to finish what is currently going on for an event.

kindefarm1890
11-14-17, 06:07 AM
I marked my poll result as I didn't like this event. Normally I like these type of events but this move toward completing the event yourself without being able to find the upgrade parts in the newspaper or neighbors shop is disappointing. I should have been able to collect enough mud buckets my issue was with the logs. The bowls of corn were not dropping from deliveries and I had 10 saws left which would not give me the 30 logs I still needed. I went ahead and purchased the upgrade parts package since it was the only way to obtain the logs I needed to finish the last level. I want to continue to support this game but some of these changes are making it harder for me to open up my wallet and spend real money.

We did ask the team to allow us to purchase traps using coins so I appreciate that this was available to us during this event, the downside was the traps were too expensive. It should not have cost 7,500 coins per Aspen grove for the higher level farms. I did like the fact that the upgrades only went to level 10 unlike a lot of past events where we had to upgrade to level 15. Even with the lower number of levels I think that too many upgrade parts were required for the final two stages.

S8 - I asked this when the event started but did not receive a reply, not unusual. Is there any chance that the Golden Blossen trees can be turned into decorations now that the event is over which will allow us to store the trees whenever we wanted? I want to put some out but I don't want to have to keep them out permanently.

Well here is hoping the next event will go a little better.

MisterBlu
11-14-17, 06:20 AM
Will the golden blossom trees become storable?
I still have 4 out and want rid of them. I had loads because I had to buy bundles to complete the beaver event. I put these 4 out and didn't need them after all so I don't see why I should be stuck with them taking up space.

kindefarm1890
11-14-17, 06:59 AM
Will the golden blossom trees become storable?
I still have 4 out and want rid of them. I had loads because I had to buy bundles to complete the beaver event. I put these 4 out and didn't need them after all so I don't see why I should be stuck with them taking up space.

Right now the trees are considered 'traps' and must be used during the event. Unless the team changes them to decorations the trees will be permanent additions on your farm and are not storable. Let's hope the team changes the settings.

bobashark
11-14-17, 08:13 AM
I was hoping to see the quest extended or something to make up for this debacle. I can?t believe the time, effort and money I put into this. I was at level 10 on dam and only lacking mud buckets to finish. I bought the ?package? for parts and spent at least a hundred diamonds. Now I assume I have to work to empty the parts from my storage. Very disappointed.

ancsab
11-14-17, 08:15 AM
I️ can never find the poll ... I?m on a phone, maybe that?s the problem? Can someone link me please?
Thanks, an other unhappy player

ancsab
11-14-17, 08:15 AM
Nvm I️ clicked full site and it showed up

bobashark
11-14-17, 08:17 AM
Also, why Can I only sell 10 of the event parts at a time I have around 200 parts left for the dam it will take a while to get rid of them. Did I mention I?m annoyed, angry, aggravated?

deedeetapia
11-14-17, 08:18 AM
So do I not get a beaver dam if I didn't open it before the games ended? I didn't even get a beaver dam in my shop until after the game was over. I received 2 but only had space to place 1, now the other one in the shop is gone and the one I placed in my farm won't unwrap. It's still wrapped and it's not counting down, I reached level 10.

This event was disappointing, I hardly ever got mud buckets to compete a level. I never got a broken birdhouse or beaver dam until after the game ended. Now I have a huge box on my farm that was supposed to be a beaver dam. What now?

jujublu
11-14-17, 08:49 AM
Getting deliveries that I could do was a major problem. Having so much inventory from parts needed for the event was a big problem. Parts dropping dropping was not good. At my level I?m holding lots of expansion parts and my inventory isn?t that big. Having to sell off inventory I. Order to pick up drops and then the hanger deliveries only ask for those items after I sold them. Very frustrating event for me this time.

Rynetory2
11-14-17, 09:18 AM
For members who are unable to store their beaver's dam:

I've reported this issue earlier. Please hold for the team to fix this. You can post in this bug thread and see there for further updates. Thanks.
Thread: Beaver Dam storage issue (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101835-Beaver-Dam-storage-issue)

DaphneGlass
11-14-17, 09:21 AM
I️ can never find the poll ... I?m on a phone, maybe that?s the problem? Can someone link me please?
Thanks, an other unhappy player

I cannot find the poll either 🙄

Rynetory2
11-14-17, 09:28 AM
I cannot find the poll either ��

Select Full Site option at the forum home page.

Ladyraven64
11-14-17, 10:19 AM
I have a problem with my dam I am on android. My beaver dam has no timer it looks like a big brown present but it freezes and looks like it will not do anything else. I could not find poll either, this is crazy I now have too many useless habitats and no one is willing to help out with this game they say they don't have enough people to help you.

dizzynor
11-14-17, 02:58 PM
Stormie is taking a long time to clear shops of event items :(

Blondiegirlhi
11-14-17, 04:44 PM
Can we please store our golden blossom and aspen grove trees in the cellar? I bought one of the packages that gave us them but realized a couple of days before the event ended that I would not be able to finish so just quit and kept my trees. But I am not unable to store them away. That seems very unfair considering how very difficult this event was to complete due to the issue (primarily) with the mud bucket drops. Since we paid for these items, it only makes sense that we should be able to store them now.

I also want to add my thoughts on this event. I have been playing now for about a year. I have loved this game, completing every event except for the very first one, which was all due to the fact that I was so new and did not know what I was doing. S8 has always been very good about making adjustments when they are informed that there are issues with an event. It may take a day or two, as when something is discovered on the weekend, but they get to making the necessary changes pretty quickly. That was not the case with this event. I don’t know what happened but if that were to occur again, I feel certain that they will lose a ton of players. But I am really hoping that will not be the case. It would be nice if they could tell us what happened here. I was quite frustrated and just finally decided to quit the event. We play games because they are fun and challenging, but when they become nearly impossible they are no longer either fun or challenging...just a pain in the rear. As I said before, this is not normal (at least from my experience over this past year). So, I assume something must have happened. Again, it would be nice to know what that was. Maybe they could gift everyone who played with something to make up for this fluke....that would be nice.

zxzxzp
11-14-17, 05:00 PM
I would definitely like to store the event stuff...

I guess I'm left wondering too is S8 done.... and hence the silence....Or just trying to do something new but it got glitches...I have worked in a software firm....and things don't always work within deadlines as hoped...

So here's my two cents...do good...good comes back....what I'm saying is don't focus on players who do negative...look to do good for those who are long time players...it's always appreciated....

It would be nice to know what's what....

Paul__
11-14-17, 05:02 PM
I liked the concept of the event, but the drops were too rare and the parts costed too many gems. I also didn't like the fact that we couldn't trade AND the items were in the barn. I wouldn't mind if the parts were stored in the barn and we were able to sell them. I also suggest that in the future we could get more items (decorations) for upgrading the habitat.

gdr4gon
11-14-17, 06:16 PM
So now I'm stuck with tree leaves, tree logs and tree branches... And no pet beaver. But I don't care because I don't even want to look at my farm for a while after this event. I need a break.

Meowmeowbeans
11-14-17, 06:36 PM
Hey all, we really appreciate all the feedback you're providing. I am making sure the team is aware of the feedback regarding this event. Thanks again for all the comments.

The team is currently working to resolve the issue with the Beaver Dam item that is in construction state. Additionally, we are working on changing the Golden Blossoms and Aspen Trees so they are storable. Any Beaver Dams that were upgraded during the event but not completed should now be storable, and the team is working on the other ones. Sorry for all of the inconvenience!

zxzxzp
11-14-17, 09:03 PM
Hey all, we really appreciate all the feedback you're providing. I am making sure the team is aware of the feedback regarding this event. Thanks again for all the comments.

The team is currently working to resolve the issue with the Beaver Dam item that is in construction state. Additionally, we are working on changing the Golden Blossoms and Aspen Trees so they are storable. Any Beaver Dams that were upgraded during the event but not completed should now be storable, and the team is working on the other ones. Sorry for all of the inconvenience!

That's great...tnx:)

mothernature15
11-14-17, 09:16 PM
Thank you meowmeowbeans, hope they are removed from the farm soon

13dracon
11-15-17, 03:42 AM
While I definitely didn?t enjoy this event (and gave up with three days plus to go), I?m hopeful that S8 will learn from our feedback and adapt future events. I had the most trouble with storage - I may have a barn with 725 space, but juggling things I didn?t want to sell, like expansion parts and mining tools (I swear I?m still traumatised from the recent event where we had to mine 30 times and also get rubies... O.o I hoard my pickaxes and shovels like nobody?s business!), with the upwards of 100 extra bits needed to advance the dam... it wasn?t doable for me. Add to the frustration the abysmal drop level for mud buckets, and it was a recipe for disaster, for me.

Hopefully the planned Christmas event will be a World one or a county fair. Those are funner, everybody can get something, and you can help your neighbours. (I?m no fan of leaderboard events - competing against people makes me wilt!)

Anyway, just my 0.02, fwiw. Thanks for continuing to keep this awesome game going! 1400+ days on my farm, it?s the game I keep coming back to.:D

Rynetory2
11-15-17, 05:46 AM
I could not find poll either.

Select Full Site option at the forum home page.

Rynetory2
11-15-17, 05:50 AM
Bug posts on beaver dams were moved to the Bugs forum. Please post and check there for updates. Thanks.

Thread: Beaver Dam storage issue (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101835-Beaver-Dam-storage-issue)

Curisingwild
11-15-17, 11:17 AM
Why would I want to keep playing this game when you guys are making it hard to win parts for the Beaver dam, so Beaver dam never gets completely done. Truck delivery 43 silver bells and nothing to buy with it! I spend more money on this stupid game with the same outcome, Nothing! I spend hours playing this game, Why can’t the design be able to recognize that some farms is at a disadvantage, and that isn’t fair when everyone should be given the same opportunity, the same farming spaces.

Blondiegirlhi
11-15-17, 04:50 PM

Thanks so much for the feedback on this so quickly...really appreciate it!

Rynetory2
11-16-17, 05:28 AM
My 2 cents for this event...

1. New event and for both platforms
It was great to have a new event and an event for both platforms to boot. I hope this pleased the Android members who have asked for an event for a while. Thank you Farm 2 Team! :)

2. Mud buckets drops were too low
My drop rate was too low for me to even stand a fighting chance to complete this event, despite almost full time effort. This broke my personal record - the first time I didn't complete an event in FS2 history. Not to brag but just saying to show that I put in serious effort for every single event and even that was not enough for this event. I would spend gems to help my progress if I was any closer but I was too far off at Stage 7.

3. Let Goal type event be based on effort
Please let Goal type event be based on players' effort instead of random drop or random number determined by the app. There are already other types of events which are based on randomness and luck; let the randomness stay at those. Please revert Goal event to effort based as what it was previously.
- Ask us to give hundreds of bacon instead of mud buckets
- Ask us to give produce off trees instead of tree leaves etc.

4. Give real prizes for milestone goals accomplished
There was only 1 prize for this event - the beaver. So either we got it or we didn't get any prize at all. It's sad to work so hard for the 10 days only to end up with nothing. I dont consider the coins and xps rewards for goals accomplished as prizes simply because we could easily get coins and xps without participating in events. Please add real prizes for milestone goals accomplished.

I look forward a better event in future. :D Thank you for your effort in giving us this event.

ronsbarn
11-16-17, 02:16 PM
My 2 cents for this event...

1. New event and for both platforms
It was great to have a new event and an event for both platforms to boot. I hope this pleased the Android members who have asked for an event for a while. Thank you Farm 2 Team! :)

2. Mud buckets drops were too low
My drop rate was too low for me to even stand a fighting chance to complete this event, despite almost full time effort. This broke my personal record - the first time I didn't complete an event in FS2 history. Not to brag but just saying to show that I put in serious effort for every single event and even that was not enough for this event. I would spend gems to help my progress if I was any closer but I was too far off at Stage 7.

3. Let Goal type event be based on effort
Please let Goal type event be based on players' effort instead of random drop or random number determined by the app. There are already other types of events which are based on randomness and luck; let the randomness stay at those. Please revert Goal event to effort based as what it was previously.
- Ask us to give hundreds of bacon instead of mud buckets
- Ask us to give produce off trees instead of tree leaves etc.

4. Give real prizes for milestone goals accomplished
There was only 1 prize for this event - the beaver. So either we got it or we didn't get any prize at all. It's sad to work so hard for the 10 days only to end up with nothing. I dont consider the coins and xps rewards for goals accomplished as prizes simply because we could easily get coins and xps without participating in events. Please add real prizes for milestone goals accomplished.

I look forward a better event in future. :D Thank you for your effort in giving us this event.

I didn’t finish the beaver event either but I am glad that we are at least able to now put away the unfinished dam. I am also able to sell my level 4 dam for 40 coins if I choose. Also, I did get to complete the birdhouse. It’s cute and gave me a small sense of accomplishment. I also kept my record intact, 0 for 3 event completions , lol.

ronsbarn
11-16-17, 02:21 PM

I can also sell my unfinished dam if I choose that option in the cellar storage Pom. Just so people know.

zxzxzp
11-16-17, 03:20 PM
Yay! For selling the dam:) still waiting to store the aspen groves. Though i did redecorate n add it in the scenery.
The only reason i ask for it, is cause use an older device. And i have learned from experience ...having too much stuff out just causes it to slow down. I can never visit a nbr with too much deco. My farm just shuts down.

Blondiegirlhi
11-17-17, 11:10 AM
Yay! For selling the dam:) still waiting to store the aspen groves. Though i did redecorate n add it in the scenery.
The only reason i ask for it, is cause use an older device. And i have learned from experience ...having too much stuff out just causes it to slow down. I can never visit a nbr with too much deco. My farm just shuts down.
Yes, I agree...I am still waiting to be able to store my aspen groves and golden trees. At this time, the only thing I can do (if I don’t have room for them on the farm) is to sell them for zero coins. Any updates on this would be much appreciated...thanks

Rynetory2
11-26-17, 09:59 PM
Yes, I agree...I am still waiting to be able to store my aspen groves and golden trees. At this time, the only thing I can do (if I don’t have room for them on the farm) is to sell them for zero coins. Any updates on this would be much appreciated...thanks

They are added the storage option for the aspen groves and golden trees.

Rynetory2
11-26-17, 10:00 PM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.