PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Quest - 2017 Nov 3 (POLL ADDED)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Scalezzzz
11-08-17, 03:21 PM
I decided to try to complete it even though I?m probably not going to get close. I?m not feeling the same frustration others are. Let?s see how far I get.

I have been cutting down more hickory trees lately and have gotten logs almost every single time. I don?t know if anyone else is having the same luck, but I thought I?d mention it. (:

ancsab
11-08-17, 03:24 PM
The drop rate for the kernels is heinously bad. Oof.

I have a hell of a time getting mud buckets...

Angelfarm98
11-08-17, 03:49 PM
Yes, I got 5 mud buckets from my 8 pigs. Thanks to S8 if you heard our voices and really adjusted the drop rate of mud buckets.

This time, I just got 1 bucket from my 8 pigs.

I also saw the event beaver from my neighbor. The beaver looks huge, walks slowly and his face looks more like bear.

ronsbarn
11-08-17, 04:38 PM
I am trying to decide whether to buy more pigs or not. I?m not sure if it will actually help.

I?d love to sell you my mud buckets, i quit a couple days ago. But no luck. Can?t do it. Sorry.

ronsbarn
11-08-17, 04:40 PM
OR LET THE REST OF US NOT PLAYING SELL THEM?!!!! I'm not playing and have like, 50 buckets to dump!

So your barn is filling up?

draughnc
11-08-17, 04:46 PM
Here is a picture of the beaver.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39662

judyandthecat
11-08-17, 04:56 PM
There is a lot of bacon in the newspaper for sale from players collecting from pigs every three hours.
If not doing the event please don't continue collecting from the pigs.
You can help your neighbours by buying bacon from them.

Scalezzzz
11-08-17, 04:59 PM
Here is a picture of the beaver. 39662

It?s cute but what is up with that tail!

judyandthecat
11-08-17, 04:59 PM
Logs drop from the hundred dollar ash tree.
I collect from one saw
One leaf
One branch
One real log
And sometimes the log needed for event. I would say one out of three or four cuts.

Scalezzzz
11-08-17, 05:02 PM
I?d love to sell you my mud buckets, i quit a couple days ago. But no luck. Can?t do it. Sorry.

Its fine! I decided not to buy more pigs and just continue to see how far I get with 8 pigs. The only reason I?m not quitting is because I?ve put so much effort into it already and I can?t even help out others so it will feel like a waste to just discard everything haha. Might as well try and who knows maybe I?ll get lucky.

Fairyreserve
11-08-17, 05:24 PM
I collect from one saw
One leaf
One branch
One real log
And sometimes the log needed for event. I would say one out of three or four cuts.

Someone sell me saws.

Paul__
11-08-17, 05:26 PM
I collect from one saw
One leaf
One branch
One real log

Do they drop from the Hickory tree too?

Scalezzzz
11-08-17, 05:30 PM
Do they drop from the Hickory tree too?

They do! I have gotten them almost every single time I cut a hickory tree.

Angelfarm98
11-08-17, 05:45 PM
It?s cute but what is up with that tail!

The tail of beaver is flat. You can see it from real life picture.

Scalezzzz
11-08-17, 05:58 PM
The tail of beaver is flat. You can see it from real life picture.

Yes, their tails are flat. I love beavers. They are cute creatures.

mamas_boys
11-08-17, 09:29 PM
I'm glad some are getting better rates on mud buckets. I got 2 whole buckets today and collected every 3 hours. I am not enjoying this event.

Clark_Wayne
11-08-17, 09:41 PM
mud buckets rate is to low and branch rate too high :(

FarmerIreneOK
11-08-17, 09:58 PM
What happened to the game? I can't make logs in studio!

Scalezzzz
11-08-17, 09:59 PM
mud buckets rate is to low and branch rate too high :(

At some point I?m going to have to stop collecting from trees! Too many leaves and my barn can?t hold much.

FarmerIreneOK
11-08-17, 09:59 PM
Also, when does event end? Trying to decide whether to keep going.

Scalezzzz
11-08-17, 10:25 PM
Also, when does event end? Trying to decide whether to keep going.

Click on the to do list on the left of you screen. It should tell you how many days are left.

mrscash50a
11-08-17, 11:14 PM
Golden blossoms give u four bundles of trig's. The Aspen two. Cut down cedars got logs,twigs and leaves. You can sell the leaves.

Lilliepaddd
11-08-17, 11:49 PM
Just out of curiosity is there a 12 of 12?

PookieBear50
11-09-17, 01:48 AM
Storm8, I know this will likely sound completely self-serving (and it is, no doubt), but please consider making the Mud Buckets saleable to those not participating, and purchasable to those who are. I can't imagine how many players have stopped playing--whether temporarily or permanently--because of their frustration with being unable to clear out items they don't need or want, and because of their frustration in being unable to accomplish the goals because of the widely disparate and wholly unpredictable drop rate.

Please do not mistake me...I am very grateful that the twigs (and logs) were made available through chopping down Ash and Hickory trees as well as from the Aspen Groves (for which I am still disconcerted by the increased cost at higher levels). However, part of what has made Farm Story 2 so enjoyable was the ability to purchase items from neighbors/other farms and--for however briefly--interact with other players...something that has been fading steadily with each passing event. I received thanks on my wall from a (now) new neighbor for goods I had sold, something I had not received for several months. It is this kind of interaction that encourages players to play, and to help each other out, and to reach out in turn to assist others. Please allow this to happen more in this event by allowing players to sell--and buy--upgrade items (or, barring that, improving the drop rate for the Mud Buckets)

I understand, part of what makes games such as Farm Story 2 successful is that it isn't too simple, but it also isn't overly difficult, and allowing players to buy everything they need from the Newspaper would likely fall on the "too simple" side of the equation. On the other hand, forcing players to stop playing or empty their Barns of needed items because it is being filled with unwanted but unsalable items falls on the "too difficult" side. I don't know if there is a happy medium to be found that will satisfy everyone, but something needs to give way, and give way soon, before more players give up on this event and maybe the game entirely.

judyandthecat
11-09-17, 02:32 AM
Just out of curiosity is there a 12 of 12?

Beaver Quest 12 of 12:
Upgrade the Beaver Dam to Level 10..THE END
85 tree leaves
55 logs (studio)
40 mud buckets
REWARDS: THE BEAVER

dizzynor
11-09-17, 02:38 AM
Well said, I completely agree!
since getting the freak 7 buckets from my 12 pigs yesterday afternoon, my subsequent collections have yielded between 1 and 3 buckets, it’s such a shame as for a little while I truly believed that Storm 8 had actually listened to us and taken action, but no, it seems they want to drive us away.
Its very basic psychology, goals have to be achievable or people will give up, in terms of the game this means players will quit, the revenue storm 8 receive from in app purchases will fall, then real people will loose real jobs. I have now removed my card details from I tunes, and am also considering quitting the game which I used to love, as the relentless and difficult events are taking up way too much of my time.

dizzynor
11-09-17, 02:50 AM
Beaver Quest 12 of 12:
Upgrade the Beaver Dam to Level 10..THE END
85 tree leaves
55 logs (studio)
40 mud buckets
REWARDS: THE BEAVER

Oh lord, really? Well I’m at level 6 still with 15/25 buckets needed and I just did the math, in order to complete the quest I need to collect 10 + 30 + 35 + 40 buckets, that’s 115 buckets to complete, at an average of 2 buckets per collection of 12 pigs I’ll need to do 58 collections. So by collecting six times a day (and risking my husband filing for a divorce), it would take me 9 or 10 days to complete the event.
So that’s it for me.......

Sweet_e_Sweets
11-09-17, 03:08 AM
Oh lord, really, well I’m at level 6 still with 15/25 buckets needed and I just did the math, in order to complete the quest I need to collect 10 + 30 + 35 + 40 buckets, that’s 115 buckets to complete, at an average of 2 buckets per collection of 12 pigs I’ll need to do 58 collections. So by collecting six times a day (and risking my husband filing for a divorce), it would take me 9 or 10 days to complete the event.
So that’s it for me.......

I’m right there with you. I started writing down my numbers so that I can get an accurate assessment and not just the rough idea that my drop rate for buckets suck. And well my numbers prove the drop rate actually sucks!!

Today I managed only 5 rounds of collecting from 12 pigs. I got 1 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 10 buckets in 5 rounds. So that’s 10 out of possible 60. Drop rate is 16.7%.

I’m now on Goal 9 having gotten 10/25 buckets, which is the one item that’s keeping me from leveling up. So I’m slightly further behind than you and I have one less day of collecting I can do, since I’ll be travelling halfway around the world on that day.

I should just throw in the towel too. Darn that obsessive nature of mine that compels me to struggle through this not-even-fun-anymore event.

princessskykennedy
11-09-17, 03:26 AM
Looks like no beaver for this Canadian. With 5 days remaining and 8 pig collections a day equaling 40 collections, with one or two mud buckets max per collection-impossible to achieve. My personal deal with myself is to pay no more than 100 gems to get an animal. With four levels to go I can’t do it. Too bad for me.

judyandthecat
11-09-17, 04:02 AM
My feelings and suggestions on this event.
I am overjoyed that we are once again getting events on the farm.
A huge thank you to MeowMeowBeans.
A lot of my neighbours quit when the events ceased.
The Beaver Quest
The leaves were doable because we were able to collect from several trees even before drops from the ash tree became available.
8 cocoa, 8 apples, 8 orange, 8 lemons, 5 banana, 4 peach, 5 pears
The branches were doable if you bought aspen groves for coins and/or golden ones for gems but still doable you had to send a lot of planes for the corn.
Then you turned on drops from the ash and hickory trees which gave lots of leaves and logs if you had a lot of saws which long time farmers did...a product that is hoarded.
But now we come to the mud buckets which like paint it is the one item in an event that needs to be harder to collect so some players will buy gems in order to buy the item needed. It is a business. Mud buckets came from 12 pigs collectable every 3 hours so 8 collections a day or they were available for 8 gems each. I am sure this price could vary in different levels., either way you as a company need to get players to the last day in order for the prize to be within reach, that they are willing to purchase a twenty dollar package of gems to get the Beaver. You have to ask yourself how much do you think a player is willing to spend to achieve the goal. There are pets available in your market cats, dogs etc.
The beaver is unique though like the unicorns, etc.
I think drops needed to be increased or all animals or perhaps sheep also produced random mud buckets.
I also think when all players are not going to get the final prize then each upgrade should of gave a prize kind of like the fair does ..not just coins and experience points.
Lower level farms would of loved a barn upgrade package, silo and or land upgrade items.
Some players love decorations for their farm.
A statue of a beaver. Perhaps a beaver gnawing on a tree...
Or maybe an event like this should of been like the unicorn leaderboard.
A full grown beaver on say level eight upgrade then perhaps a baby beaver on the final upgrade.

I have a few years of time in this game 1361 days on the farm and I would like to see it continue with the other storm games.
I think you have the best farming game on the market and I have played and tested other farming games but lost interest in them.
I think you have the most helpful forum.
Players ask a question and someone usually tries to help.

You as a company need to look back and think how much more money was perhaps made when events were easier but I not having access to these numbers maybe you make more money this way it is something you have to toss around the table at the end of the event.
Can I make more revenue by selling a product to a million people at ten dollars
Or to one hundred thousand people at a hundred dollars. (More revenue)
But then you have to also consider the future how many of the million players quit meaning what happens in the next event.

It all comes down to how much money do you really think a player will spend to get the Beaver in the final few hours of the event and you have to make sure they have got there. (To the final upgrade)

I for one want events that is why I am still playing.
Ha or maybe I am very old ...

Players
Storm8 is a company with employees so they need to make revenue.
They can't make it so easy that every player gets the prize if they play the game every day.

judyandthecat
11-09-17, 04:34 AM
Mud buckets
Total needed to reach final upgrade.
182 mud buckets
Ten day event
12 pigs times 8 collections a day if you are OCD
96 would be a perfect score
Ten days 960 perfect score.
But you only need 182
So you need to collect 18 per day
Down to 2.25 per collection of 12 pigs and you will finish the event

Problem is not everyone is going to collect every three hours but some of us will.

Looking at these numbers guys it seems doable.

Scalezzzz
11-09-17, 06:21 AM
I haven?t given up (yet), but I highly doubt I?ll be able to win the beaver with the rat tail. It?s fine. You can?t always win!

However, I will be able to get the bird house, which I didn?t care for, but I suppose it?s nice. If I ever get bored of the haunted one I have now then I will be able replace it. :D

I still enjoy the challenge in these events/quests even if I end up not completing them. Better luck next time!

kindefarm1890
11-09-17, 06:29 AM
Looks like I will have to give up on this event as well and it is not due to lack of trying. I just made it to task 11 and I see that I need 100 logs and 75 mud buckets to finish the last two steps. With the number of days left there is a possiblity that I can obtain the mud buckets but the issue right now for me is the branches/logs. I am almost out of saws and the last two days I have only received two bowls of corn each. That translates into two logs a day and I need 100 total. Unless I can find a player selling 100 saws it looks like I will not have a chance to finish.

I have played this game for a few years now and really loved it but lately the fun has gone out of the game. This is only the second event since I started that I didn't finish where it wasn't due to being without internet connection.

Thanks again judyandthecat for all your help on this event.
Good luck everyone.

Tloverly
11-09-17, 07:46 AM
I have been having problems getting corn kernels from the warehouse. I make deliveries and I have been only getting one set of kernels per day. The task ends Monday and at this rate I won't even come close to finishing. Is anyone else having issues with this?

Tloverly
11-09-17, 07:58 AM
After reading the post on this thread I realize that this task was not doable from the beginning so what was the point of it.

Lilliepaddd
11-09-17, 09:03 AM
My feelings and suggestions on this event.
I am overjoyed that we are once again getting events on the farm.
A huge thank you to MeowMeowBeans.
A lot of my neighbours quit when the events ceased.
The Beaver Quest
The leaves were doable because we were able to collect from several trees even before drops from the ash tree became available.
8 cocoa, 8 apples, 8 orange, 8 lemons, 5 banana, 4 peach, 5 pears
The branches were doable if you bought aspen groves for coins and/or golden ones for gems but still doable you had to send a lot of planes for the corn.
Then you turned on drops from the ash and hickory trees which gave lots of leaves and logs if you had a lot of saws which long time farmers did...a product that is hoarded.
But now we come to the mud buckets which like paint it is the one item in an event that needs to be harder to collect so some players will buy gems in order to buy the item needed. It is a business. Mud buckets came from 12 pigs collectable every 3 hours so 8 collections a day or they were available for 8 gems each. I am sure this price could vary in different levels., either way you as a company need to get players to the last day in order for the prize to be within reach, that they are willing to purchase a twenty dollar package of gems to get the Beaver. You have to ask yourself how much do you think a player is willing to spend to achieve the goal. There are pets available in your market cats, dogs etc.
The beaver is unique though like the unicorns, etc.
I think drops needed to be increased or all animals or perhaps sheep also produced random mud buckets.
I also think when all players are not going to get the final prize then each upgrade should of gave a prize kind of like the fair does ..not just coins and experience points.
Lower level farms would of loved a barn upgrade package, silo and or land upgrade items.
Some players love decorations for their farm.
A statue of a beaver. Perhaps a beaver gnawing on a tree...
Or maybe an event like this should of been like the unicorn leaderboard.
A full grown beaver on say level eight upgrade then perhaps a baby beaver on the final upgrade.

I have a few years of time in this game 1361 days on the farm and I would like to see it continue with the other storm games.
I think you have the best farming game on the market and I have played and tested other farming games but lost interest in them.
I think you have the most helpful forum.
Players ask a question and someone usually tries to help.

You as a company need to look back and think how much more money was perhaps made when events were easier but I not having access to these numbers maybe you make more money this way it is something you have to toss around the table at the end of the event.
Can I make more revenue by selling a product to a million people at ten dollars
Or to one hundred thousand people at a hundred dollars. (More revenue)
But then you have to also consider the future how many of the million players quit meaning what happens in the next event.

It all comes down to how much money do you really think a player will spend to get the Beaver in the final few hours of the event and you have to make sure they have got there. (To the final upgrade)

I for one want events that is why I am still playing.
Ha or maybe I am very old ...

Players
Storm8 is a company with employees so they need to make revenue.
They can't make it so easy that every player gets the prize if they play the game every day.

With all due respect, there are other ways your company could make money, create new items ie: fences, decorations, others games do that. I am not frustrated like this when I play Restaurant Story. Just my opinion. Thx

Snackycakes25
11-09-17, 09:19 AM
I wonder if there?s a programming glitch or S8 totally miscalculated the drop rates. I have 2 games one at level 30 and one at level 78. My dam for the lower level game is at Level 5 and needs 5 mud buckets to upgrade. My dam for the higher level game is at Level 6 and needs 25 mud buckets! Obviously the difference is because the lower level players have less pigs. However if you don?t adjust the drop rate for higher players, the 8 more pigs can?t make up the 5 times more mud buckets required.

So for my lower level game, my problem is leaves, not buckets.

S8 - Either adjust the drop rate or decrease the mud buckets needed for higher players.

Or make items sellable.

cosmolife
11-09-17, 09:20 AM
Mud buckets
Total needed to reach final upgrade.
182 mud buckets
Ten day event
12 pigs times 8 collections a day if you are OCD
96 would be a perfect score
Ten days 960 perfect score.
But you only need 182
So you need to collect 18 per day
Down to 2.25 per collection of 12 pigs and you will finish the event

Problem is not everyone is going to collect every three hours but some of us will.

Looking at these numbers guys it seems doable.

Judy, your math is all fine and dandy but you assumed that all players started setting alarm from day 1 and collected from pigs 8 times a day, every day, consistently every day, since day 1 :rolleyes:

I don't think that's realistic haha

I think players won't be able to make it, unless they folk over gems to get mud buckets to finish the event :(

judyandthecat
11-09-17, 09:40 AM
Judy, your math is all fine and dandy but you assumed that all players started setting alarm from day 1 and collected from pigs 8 times a day, every day, consistently every day, since day 1 :rolleyes:

I don't think that's realistic haha

I think players won't be able to make it, unless they folk over gems to get mud buckets to finish the event :(

No it's not realistic and few players did so...though some did.
The average player is going to sign on in the morning before going to work or doing their daily routine.
Then sign on maybe at noon during an event and again in the evening and before bed.
Making four times a day.
So now we are collecting only half of the above crunched numbers for the mud bucket.

Sigh ... the thing is some of us have played this game for several years and we didn't win all events but we won most of them.

Lots of players don't like turning in collections via the collections gallery because if is random luck
But the thing is that is easier for working players cause you have a random chance of getting the pet.

County fair is easier for long time farmers with maxed out barns because they have lots of products more then lower level farmers with smaller barns.

World events have taken a drastic change ... look at fantasy forest and dragon story.

Can the team allow parts to be sold likely not but then they should not of went to the barn but to the dam like corn went to the aspen trees.

What is the answer ... all they can do is try to make most of the players happy.

Then there are leaderboard events where only two out of ten players get the top prize.

Rynetory2
11-09-17, 09:40 AM
Hey guys, Judy is just trying to help by doing the maths for us just as she is always helpful in updating the event information for us. Thanks Judy. :)

I understand your frustrations since I am in the same boat with most of you. I get about 10-12 mud buckets with 6-7 collections a day. I know I won't finish this event but let's keep trying and see how far we can go. :)

P.S. I'll set a poll at the end of this event and be sure to pass your feedback to the team.

judyandthecat
11-09-17, 09:42 AM
I wonder if there?s a programming glitch or S8 totally miscalculated the drop rates. I have 2 games one at level 30 and one at level 78. My dam for the lower level game is at Level 5 and needs 5 mud buckets to upgrade. My dam for the higher level game is at Level 6 and needs 25 mud buckets! Obviously the difference is because the lower level players have less pigs. However if you don?t adjust the drop rate for higher players, the 8 more pigs can?t make up the 5 times more mud buckets required.

So for my lower level game, my problem is leaves, not buckets.

S8 - Either adjust the drop rate or decrease the mud buckets needed for higher players.

Or make items sellable.

Do you have saws?
Ash trees are producing leaves on each cut as well as tree branches and random logs.

Snackycakes25
11-09-17, 09:44 AM
Do you have saws?
Ash trees or producing leaves on each cut as well as tree branches and random logs.

I don?t get Ash trees until Level 31

judyandthecat
11-09-17, 09:53 AM

Meaning you don't have pear and peach trees.
Don't forget maple trees drop leaves too.

All I can say I once was where you are at a lower level playing events and back then I wished I was a higher level.
I remember a few years ago a leprechaun trap cost a thousand coins I was a low level farmer and was saving for a pizza machine but instead every night I took every penny I made that day and bought as many traps as I could to try and catch that leprechaun.

Rynetory2
11-09-17, 09:58 AM

Are you able to collect frequently? The lower level trees have shorter collection times which help you to get more tree branches, unless you are having difficulty because of the drop rates.

judyandthecat
11-09-17, 09:58 AM
With all due respect, there are other ways your company could make money, create new items ie: fences, decorations, others games do that. I am not frustrated like this when I play Restaurant Story. Just my opinion. Thx

Every storm game has a different appeal to individual players and likely different levels of frustration.
All in all farm story is a pretty good game with lots of mini games like sending trains for gems, sending trucks for bells.
Sending a balloon to collect tickets for prizes.
There are a lot of different kinds of events and some are less frustrating.
All we can do is choose our event and hope for the best.

jed1066
11-09-17, 10:28 AM
Please please can the mud buckets drop be increased ,
I collect every three hours (6 times a day) on two collections I don?t get any mud buckets
Im wondering that i may not finish the event because of lack of buckets which will be disappointing as I will have worked so hard to get the little beaver.
I have to collect 30 mud buckets this level, so far today I have collected 8 in 4 collections .so 2 buckets per 12 pigs in every collection ☹️
Please S8 increase the drops of mud buckets

Rbkhfrnkln
11-09-17, 10:31 AM
until you guys stop being so greedy I will no longer be participating in events or spending cash for gems... this game used to be fun now its more like a chore its such a shame

judyandthecat
11-09-17, 10:48 AM
Please please can the mud buckets drop be increased ,
I collect every three hours (6 times a day) on two collections I don?t get any mud buckets
Im wondering that i may not finish the event because of lack of buckets which will be disappointing as I will have worked so hard to get the little beaver.
I have to collect 30 mud buckets this level, so far today I have collected 8 in 4 collections .so 2 buckets per 12 pigs in every collection ☹️
Please S8 increase the drops of mud buckets

When I collect from my pigs I collect from one pen of four pigs nice and slow go about my business and then in five minutes do the second pen and wait five minutes for the third pen. I seem to have more luck this way.

PookieBear50
11-09-17, 11:09 AM
When I collect from my pigs I collect from one pen of four pigs nice and slow go about my business and then in five minutes do the second pen and wait five minutes for the third pen. I seem to have more luck this way.

Hmm...I'll do my best to keep that in mind in 3 hours when I next collect from my pigs. I'll let you know how it goes ;)

Lilliepaddd
11-09-17, 11:31 AM
Every storm game has a different appeal to individual players and likely different levels of frustration.
All in all farm story is a pretty good game with lots of mini games like sending trains for gems, sending trucks for bells.
Sending a balloon to collect tickets for prizes.
There are a lot of different kinds of events and some are less frustrating.
All we can do is choose our event and hope for the best.

I would like to see new prizes nevertheless. Them seem to be recycled lately. I understand they take time with the graphics etc.
You can understand our frustration, clearly it’s not just me. I don’t have a lot of money. It takes my mind off of things but when this happens it’s just sad.

judyandthecat
11-09-17, 11:31 AM
Hmm...I'll do my best to keep that in mind in 3 hours when I next collect from my pigs. I'll let you know how it goes ;)

That's why I have them five or more minutes apart so I can't forget.
The cat pulled the memory string off of my finger.

jed1066
11-09-17, 11:41 AM

Will try that in 50 minutes when my pigs are ready
Hope it works as I need to collect 22 for this upgrade then two more upgrades to go Yikes!!! Not enough days left

Thankyou for the tip

PinkPiggie1230
11-09-17, 11:58 AM
:mad: I don't know how well others are doing in this event, but I am definitely not going to complete them all. I've spent over 50,000 coins buying the most amount of pigs and trees, and buying items from people so I can complete deliveries faster...and despite all that, and playing every hour, I am not getting enough of the leaves, branches, and mud buckets when collecting. I have over 25 trees that I collect almost as soon as they are ready, and yet I'm lucky if I get 5 branches in 1 day. I have 12 pigs that I collect from every 3 hours, and I get usually 1 bucket between all the pigs at each collected. And I complete delivery after delivery and it is not common that I get kernels as a reward. This is totally ridiculous and not fair!

Angelfarm98
11-09-17, 12:04 PM
What happened to the game? I can't make logs in studio!

Is your studio full? Collect some you will be able to craft logs. My game shows I still have 5 days. Depends on when you start the event.

jed1066
11-09-17, 12:55 PM
Will try that in 50 minutes when my pigs are ready
Hope it works as I need to collect 22 for this upgrade then two more upgrades to go Yikes!!! Not enough days left

Thankyou for the tip

Only got 1 bucket so no it didn’t work for me . Maybe I should give up now ☹️

Snackycakes25
11-09-17, 12:55 PM
Are you able to collect frequently? The lower level trees have shorter collection times which help you to get more tree branches, unless you are having difficulty because of the drop rates.

At a lower level, I can't afford to buy that many trees. I only have maple, cocoa, apple, and orange trees. Apple trees take 8 hours and Orange 16 hours. And yes, I am having problems with the drop rates too. And no, I can't collect that often.

So on my lower game, the leaves are making it difficult and on the higher level, the mud buckets. I wonder, who IS able to finish this goal?

Scalezzzz
11-09-17, 01:12 PM
Only got 1 bucket so no it didn?t work for me . Maybe I should give up now ☹️

It won?t always work but keep trying! I had my pigs 10 minutes apart and I was collecting from 2 pigs every ten minutes (8 pigs total) and I always got more buckets this way than when I collected from them all at once.

PookieBear50
11-09-17, 02:12 PM
Just started 10 of 12. Leaves aren't going to be an issue...just need to start collecting fruits again (I put that on hold because of space limitations). Mud buckets...well, maybe I can pull that off, though 105 in the next 4+ days is seeming highly unlikely at this point. The Logs, though...I'm down to 10 saws and with the greater majority of my delivery orders asking for time-consuming high-level items I don't have time to craft, saws haven't exactly been coming in. I've been buying Aspen Groves now and again, but there are limits to my funds as well.

I'll continue doing what I can, but I'm not confident I'll manage to pull this one off...

PookieBear50
11-09-17, 02:15 PM
That's why I have them five or more minutes apart so I can't forget.
The cat pulled the memory string off of my finger.

12 pigs, 3 separate collection times (approximately 5 minutes apart), 2 mud buckets. I'll try again, in another 3 hours, but I have my doubts. Thanks for the suggestion, though :)

Scalezzzz
11-09-17, 02:34 PM
12 pigs, 3 separate collection times (approximately 5 minutes apart), 2 mud buckets. I'll try again, in another 3 hours, but I have my doubts. Thanks for the suggestion, though :)

I was doing fine with just 4 but gave in and bought 4 more just for this quest. I wasn?t sure whether to buy an additional 4 or not. Based on what others have said, having more pigs is not helping them get more buckets. I don?t really want to spend coins on more animals that I don?t really need right now.

You are one level ahead of me. At this point I would sell you my items if I were able. (Not that I?ve given up but you?re closer to the prize than I am, and it would have been nice to help someone who was pretty close). I do hope you get the little beaver! :D

kitte85
11-09-17, 02:41 PM
The comments about the beaver's tail are making me lawl, so I wanted to post a different pic of it. Someone mentioned it looks like a "rat tail", but that was only because it was at an angle.

Not mine; I saw it on someone else's farm and thought it was cute. :)

Scalezzzz
11-09-17, 02:44 PM
The comments about the beaver's tail are making me lawl, so I wanted to post a different pic of it. Someone mentioned it looks like a "rat tail", but that was only because it was at an angle.

Not mine; I saw it on someone else's farm and thought it was cute. :)

Lol thank you! I was the one who said it looked like a rat’s tail. I did wonder if it was just the angle.
It is cute!

Oneyellowlab
11-09-17, 02:59 PM
Make a way to allow us to discard the mud buckets....this is stupid and very frustrating!

KojiMama
11-09-17, 03:24 PM
I have put in my shop 20 tree leaves to sell because my inventory was maxed and they didn't deduct from my inventory even though they show in my inventory. With so much stuff needed to upgrade, how are we expected to upgrade before the event ends? The answer by the way is not spending money. You should know by now that people who don't spend money will never spend money and will just find other games by other companies. I am not a whale and will never be a whale.

jmkranch
11-09-17, 03:35 PM
Theres needs to be another way to get mud. Getting 2 at a time not enough

zxzxzp
11-09-17, 03:57 PM
Thankful to be able to sell the mud buckets.
Crazy event. Too busy to even try. But did get the bird house, after many days of trying.

ronsbarn
11-09-17, 04:33 PM
Thankful to be able to sell the mud buckets.
Crazy event. Too busy to even try. But did get the bird house, after many days of trying.

I was able to finish the bird house also. Even that took a little work, but it was worth it. I am selling my extra tree leaves in my shop but not able to sell mud buckets.

Meowmeowbeans
11-09-17, 05:14 PM
Mud Buckets should now be sellable. Thanks to everyone for all the comments. I am making sure the team is aware of all of feedback regarding this event.

HelloUncertainty
11-09-17, 05:19 PM
I don't understand why we are not allowed to help each other anymore with the events. This game used to be really fun and something I used to look forward to with the new events happening. And trust me, I do love a challenge, but not everyone has the time to be sitting on their phone 24/7 collecting. And while I am on the subject. The drop for the mud buckets is absolutely atrocious. Please increase the drop rates or let us sell the parts to help other players. I'm afraid I won't be spending a penny until these issues are fixed.

Scalezzzz
11-09-17, 05:24 PM
Mud Buckets should now be sellable. Thanks to everyone for all the comments. I am making sure the team is aware of all of feedback regarding this event.

Thank you! We do appreciate this :o

mrscash50a
11-09-17, 05:36 PM
Wrong u can buy and sell leaves I have done it three times. You can get twigs sawing down the ash trees.

mrscash50a
11-09-17, 05:38 PM
Saw down ash trees!

zxzxzp
11-09-17, 06:07 PM
Question for S8....what happens to the regular groves and the golden groves and the incomplete beaver house after the event. PLEASE tell me they are storable deco!

zxzxzp
11-09-17, 06:09 PM
Also noticed the price of the mud has increased. Was selling for 1 coin. Now it's lot more. I'm glad to make up some of the coins from buying the groves...

southardlexi07
11-09-17, 08:21 PM
Lets rephase this the mud buckets are able to be put in your shop but not able to be bought by our neighbors correct?

CierzoKitchen
11-09-17, 08:21 PM
There seems to be a problem with my cocoa trees, this is my 5th/6th time collecting and I still get no leaves. Help?

southardlexi07
11-09-17, 08:26 PM

Lets rephrase this the mud buckets are able to be put in shop to discard but other players can?t buy them correct?

Scalezzzz
11-09-17, 08:55 PM
Lets rephase this the mud buckets are able to be put in your shop but not able to be bought by our neighbors correct?

I THINK its for people who are not participating and need to get rid of the buckets.

Carbuck
11-09-17, 10:44 PM

Finally! Thanks

Baconj
11-09-17, 10:52 PM
TL;DR
I use Android, and I'm on level 8 of the challenge. The log count keeps resetting to 0 for the beaver dam goal. What can I do?

srg3287
11-09-17, 11:33 PM
i cannot delete or sell mud baskets....my barn is completely full

Carbuck
11-09-17, 11:46 PM
TL;DR
I use Android, and I'm on level 8 of the challenge. The log count keeps resetting to 0 for the beaver dam goal. What can I do?

You should submit this issue to support at
https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us

That’s weird. I have been able to sell my mud buckets without problem. You should submit this issue to support at https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us

DaphneGlass
11-10-17, 12:09 AM
Mud buckets are the only unwanted part I cannot get rid of in the shop and they’re clogging up my storage, I am not doing the event so doesn’t seem fair that I cannot get rid of the rubbish that clogs my storage and what will happen to it after the event, whenever that is?

DaphneGlass
11-10-17, 12:11 AM
Make a way to allow us to discard the mud buckets....this is stupid and very frustrating!

Exactly x

Scalezzzz
11-10-17, 12:29 AM
Mud buckets are the only unwanted part I cannot get rid of in the shop and they’re clogging up my storage, I am not doing the event so doesn’t seem fair that I cannot get rid of the rubbish that clogs my storage and what will happen to it after the event, whenever that is?

You should be able to discard them now.

Rynetory2
11-10-17, 01:21 AM
TL;DR

Try restarting your device and make sure your connection is good before you try again. Please post in the Bugs & Issues forum if this issue persists. https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?215-Farm-Story-2-Bugs-amp-Issues

Rynetory2
11-10-17, 01:22 AM

Welcome to the forum. :)

They are sellable now. Can you try selling them in your shop? Please post in Bugs & Issues forum if you are having issues.
https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?215-Farm-Story-2-Bugs-amp-Issues

Rynetory2
11-10-17, 01:26 AM
Wrong u can buy and sell leaves I have done it three times. You can get twigs sawing down the ash trees.

Are you playing on Android platform? iOS players are able to sell/discard the event items in their shop but they are unable to buy them.

Rynetory2
11-10-17, 01:27 AM

You can now sell/discard them via your shop.

mothernature15
11-10-17, 03:36 AM
after upgrading to level 7, I didn't receive any mud buckets zero for 12 ....? without increase in mud bucket drop rate its waste of time to play

jed1066
11-10-17, 03:56 AM
Please please can S8 up the drop of mud buckets I have been collecting from pigs every 3 hours (6 collections pr day) since the event started im on 10/12
I?m only getting 1 each collection from 12 pigs today . I?ve staggered collections at 5 minutes apart as previously suggested unfortunately that didn?t work for me .
Please let us be able to buy mud buckets from the people who?s barns are full of them
No way am I going to finish
So disappointing

eucom
11-10-17, 04:02 AM
Still don't know why we can't buy event items from the current event, when Stormie keeps selling items from past events?! What am I suppose to do with a mouse from the kitty event? (Sorry, pic won't upload today)

spring_peeper
11-10-17, 06:20 AM
Just realized that I can get sticks from cutting down the ash trees!

Sorry, this was probably posted elsewhere, but I was only getting those seeds from deliveries maybe once every 5 or so deliveries.

s350z
11-10-17, 07:48 AM
I'm at level 7 upgrading to level 8. Leaves and logs are no issue. Problem with the mud pucket. I need 105 pucket in total till upgrade to L10. With the pigs drop rate(1-2 pickets only every 3 hours) there is no way I'll be able to finish on time. We need to be able to BUY the pucket and other upgrade parts from the market and neighbors. Pls s8 enable us to buy upgrade parts before it's too late. S

LiyangDapitan
11-10-17, 08:02 AM
I am not receiving mud buckets as I should get, sometimes out of 12 pigs I do not receive any mud buckets, the most I received on this level is 4 buckets, not come on, every three hours to harvest the mud buckets now I will never finish the quest, this level needs 35 buckets I am on my third day and I only have 20 buckets, I have been harvesting every three hours 15 hours a day so this makes it 5 times a day. The last harvest gave me two. Used to love this game but more and more I have to play against the programmers which is impossible to do.

LiyangDapitan
11-10-17, 08:08 AM
I’m having the same problem, no mud buckets drop, so I have to wait another three hours to receive one bucket, this is bad. They advertise that you can help neighbors and trade, but when there is an event neighbors cannot help each other, why, this is what the game is suppose to be helping neighbors

johnpaulg
11-10-17, 08:09 AM
The drop rate on mud buckets is beyond unbelievable. I collected seven times the last three days and got 30 buckets. Not even enough to upgrade level to level 9. Please either fix the drop rate or extend the duration of this event. I have spent over 500,000 coins on trees and buying from other farms to complete deliveries.

I love this game in general it is relaxing and fun. But . . . . . . . .

Rynetory2
11-10-17, 08:33 AM
What am I suppose to do with a mouse from the kitty event? (Sorry, pic won't upload today)

See this bug thread regarding this. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100040-Stormie-selling-expired-Event-items

applefarm1066
11-10-17, 09:36 AM
39775Why is stormie still selling orange wool ,fish scales and plushie cats
Maybe that?s why we are not getting mud buckets come on S8 please sort out the mud bucket drops
Or let us buy from the people who are not doing the event with barns full of buckets
Very disappointed with this event
I

FarmerIreneOK
11-10-17, 01:33 PM
Drop rates for mud buckets seem to be dropping. Not finding any in market. No chance to get beaver. Not going to buy it for gazillions of gems.

STORM8, if you are listening at all, this event is NOT FUN! I get that you want to increase revenue but you need to listen to you players or you will lose them. Game is getting tedious, not fun. Prize is not worth the aggravation.

Boydcrowder
11-10-17, 01:45 PM
Drop rates for mud buckets seem to be dropping. Not finding any in market. No chance to get beaver. Not going to buy it for gazillions of gems.

STORM8, if you are listening at all, this event is NOT FUN! I get that you want to increase revenue but you need to listen to you players or you will lose them. Game is getting tedious, not fun. Prize is not worth the aggravation.

I feel the same. It seems like they have started to make events for their franchise of games impossible to finish/win unless you spend real 💰. This strategy takes the focus off of the game and instead of increasing revenue they just run away the people how actually enjoy the game. Pay to win should be an option and not the only way to play. I still can't see event items in newspaper or others markets but I have sold some leaves so that doesn't make sense. Storm8 has worked on fixing the bugs but with an event that has to be completed in a certain amount of time I feel like they need to add a few more days to this event since things haven't been really 100 percent to give everyone a fair shot.

judyandthecat
11-10-17, 01:58 PM
I feel the same. It seems like they have started to make events for their franchise of games impossible to finish/win unless you spend real ��. This strategy takes the focus off of the game and instead of increasing revenue they just run away the people how actually enjoy the game. Pay to win should be an option and not the only way to play. I still can't see event items in newspaper or others markets but I have sold some leaves so that doesn't make sense. Storm8 has worked on fixing the bugs but with an event that has to be completed in a certain amount of time I feel like they need to add a few more days to this event since things haven't been really 100 percent to give everyone a fair shot.

You can sell/delete event items only.
This is to help players with barn storage problems.
No one can see them in your store they are basically invisible.
You can wait for stormie to buy or a storm bot or you can delete the item.

wiznit85
11-10-17, 02:15 PM
So, I haven't given up collecting. I'm on part 11/12, and I keep hoping that I'll get a bout of luck, but I am losing steam. I bought the 3rd set of piggies for this event, bought the first sale offer, and the last 3 pig collection have yielded zero mud buckets. And after hearing everyone else's issues (I've been following this feed since the start of the event) I'm starting to lose interest in the game.

I've been with Storm8 since Team Lava days, starting with Bakery Story, and have played almost every game they offer. I currently play this game and Castle Story, and I have always spent money on events. Not because it was necessary, but to get a little extra, or to play the event the way I wanted. But this event, where it wasn't doable from the start, has made me re-evaluate my time/money priorities with this company.

As some of you have already stated, and it should be a given, I understand the need for revenue from a game. Which is one of the reasons I buy gems/packages-to support the people that give me a fun game to play. But I'm not going to do so if my hand is forced in an event setting. That's just bad business. Make the event doable for the masses, give something extra as incentive for the money spending.

I'm still not giving up. I'm hoping either the weather will change and my piggies will be covered in mud for the end of the event, or there will be a time extension. Depending on how it goes, I may say goodbye to the iTunes gift cards I purchase every month. We shall see.

I know this is long-winded, so last thing. To those of you who did get lucky and get the Beaver already, what does it do? Is it a decoration, another pet, resource spot?

Good luck, guys.

mamas_boys
11-10-17, 02:17 PM
I am not receiving mud buckets as I should get, sometimes out of 12 pigs I do not receive any mud buckets, the most I received on this level is 4 buckets, not come on, every three hours to harvest the mud buckets now I will never finish the quest, this level needs 35 buckets I am on my third day and I only have 20 buckets, I have been harvesting every three hours 15 hours a day so this makes it 5 times a day. The last harvest gave me two. Used to love this game but more and more I have to play against the programmers which is impossible to do.
I know how you feel! I am collecting from my 12 pigs at last 5 x per day and am getting max 1 bucket per collection and sometimes none at all.

chiphin
11-10-17, 02:29 PM
I can not find the mud when I pick up the bacon.

When I collect bacon 4-5 times (12-15h), I only get one mud. or can not be found.

So I can not proceed with the mission. I have 3 days left, but my beaver dam level is only 5.

Is everyone else?
If not, please fix my game..

HelloUncertainty
11-10-17, 02:30 PM
Just collected for the third time today from the pigs and once again haven't received ANY mud buckets. This is honestly getting ridiculous and is completely annoying and not worth the stress anymore. [] They are being so greedy and it's not okay for them to be doing this to loyal customers and game players.
I have spent a lot of my hard earned money for gems from the game and the limited edition packs but until these issues with the game get fixed (drops of items, not being able to sell/buy event items, etc. I will not be purchasing anything else from Storm 8.

Forum rules (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)

nagmad
11-10-17, 04:19 PM
If anyone has spare twigs or saws, they are selling can you please add me, I am getting low drop rates of Kernals and twigs and have no saws and get none from deliveries. I will also try to help you out if I can
Nagmad

jmkranch
11-10-17, 04:47 PM
Yes agree been trying to get the mud, 2 every 3 hours ripoff lost a lot of dimonds

judyandthecat
11-10-17, 04:52 PM
If anyone has spare twigs or saws, they are selling can you please add me, I am getting low drop rates of Kernals and twigs and have no saws and get none from deliveries. I will also try to help you out if I can
Nagmad
Unfortunately players cannot buy event items from neighbours or the newspaper.

PookieBear50
11-10-17, 05:08 PM
From the looks of things, I'm not going to finish the event. Time just isn't on my side. I should have minimal to no difficulty getting the logs needed to upgrade the dam, but the mud buckets are the sticking point...they just aren't dropping as frequently as I need them to: twelve pigs, and I count myself lucky if even two of them drop mud buckets. Staggering the collection time didn't really help (sorry, judyandthecat, I tried): one pen would drop one, the next wouldn't drop any, and the third might drop one or it might drop two, the last time through it didn't drop any leaving me with only one additional mud bucket. Even assuming I manage to do 6 collections in one day, I'd need each one to drop at least 5 mud buckets, and that's so very, very improbable...sigh.

I'll keep trying, but when faced with the pattern of minimal drops, it's hard to remain hopeful.

lululatte
11-10-17, 05:09 PM
Hi, I have 12 pigs and am getting one or two buckets a time from the 12 I'll never be able to finish this I have bought some gems but really,please could we have more mud.. please...I can't play all day just to harvest pigs. 😞Love my farm story other than that.

gdr4gon
11-10-17, 05:17 PM
Same here... i get one.. ONE mud buckey for every 8 pigs IF i am lucky. And can we really buy from others?? I haven't seen one single item for this event for sale... :(

Scalezzzz
11-10-17, 05:20 PM
Same here... i get one.. ONE mud buckey for every 8 pigs IF i am lucky. And can we really buy from others?? I haven't seen one single item for this event for sale... :(

You cannot buy from others. People are able to put the items in their shop but other players cannot see them. They are bought by Stormie or other bots.

I kept forgetting to check my pigs so at this point I just won?t make it. :P I?m okay with it though.

gdr4gon
11-10-17, 05:25 PM
You cannot buy from others. People are able to put the items in their shop but other players cannot see them. They are bought by Stormie or other bots.

I kept forgetting to check my pigs so at this point I just won?t make it. :P I?m okay with it though.

Wow, what a waste... Me too, I won't make it :(

Thanks for the reply :)

Blondiegirlhi
11-10-17, 05:30 PM
Can someone answer the question of whether we will be able to keep the golden trees and beaver dam once the event is over. I quit this event a couple of days ago (looks like that was a really good decision based on the on-going issue with the drop rate of mud buckets) but I had already purchased the golden trees early on and never used them all. I love these and really want to be able to keep them for my farm. Please check with Storm8 team to see if we get to keep them...thanks

Scalezzzz
11-10-17, 05:36 PM
Wow, what a waste... Me too, I won't make it :(

Thanks for the reply :)

Yeah I wish we could have at least helped others. Perhaps in the next event or quest we will!
I have been selling leaves and just wait for them to be bought by bots. I?m getting some coins which is always helpful as I?m at a lower level and always have to save to buy buildings.

No problem! (:

Scalezzzz
11-10-17, 05:38 PM
Can someone answer the question of whether we will be able to keep the golden trees and beaver dam once the event is over. I quit this event a couple of days ago (looks like that was a really good decision based on the on-going issue with the drop rate of mud buckets) but I had already purchased the golden trees early on and never used them all. I love these and really want to be able to keep them for my farm. Please check with Storm8 team to see if we get to keep them...thanks

I don?t know for sure but my guess is that you would be able to use them as decoration. With the Halloween event, I didn?t use the Haunted trap and now use it as a decoration.

goodies70
11-10-17, 06:05 PM
I'm having the same problems as everyone else. I think this goal is a ripoff & unfair! ��

LiyangDapitan
11-10-17, 06:43 PM
Not only the parts and twigs that should be discussed but the mud buckets, now come on when harvesting the pig which I have 12, I don?t receive any mud buckets, I wait another 3 hours and receive 1 mud bucket, now how can you complete a quest when one level requests 35 buckets and the last level requests 40 mud buckets? Completely impossible to complete the quest, it is terrible that we have to play a game [], just no fair, it used to be a great game to play, now it is only so so, specially over the 60 level, no incentives, and the quests well everybody knows that it is done on purpose.

CierzoKitchen
11-10-17, 06:51 PM
I have five cocoa trees and in the 5 times I've collected from them (5x5=25 collections from cocoa trees total) I've had from them since the last time I posted, I've only gotten a total of two leaves. I admit this is better than getting zero from them, but could you please improve the drop rate further?

LiyangDapitan
11-10-17, 06:56 PM
Using iOS you cannot sell the mud buckets that is not weird and not true, your reply is not accurate, read all other comments you will see that there are lots of complaints concerning the mud buckets, my 12 pigs on some harvesting do not produce any mud buckets, have to wIt another three hour to receive one mud bucket, what is going on here? Do the programmers want the players to quit playing, it is not a bug since many receive mud buckets, it is called BAD programming. I?m so frustrated, this game used to be a GREAT game, now it is becoming a terrible game. No incestive after the 60 + levels, quests are terrible full of bugs and bad programming.

Scalezzzz
11-10-17, 07:02 PM
I have five cocoa trees and in the 5 times I've collected from them (5x5=25 collections from cocoa trees total) I've had from them since the last time I posted, I've only gotten a total of two leaves. I admit this is better than getting zero from them, but could you please improve the drop rate further?

I didn’t know people were struggling with the leaves! If they increase the drop rate then I’d have to stop collecting from trees until the quest ends lol I am getting way too many and started selling them. At this point I have more leaves than any other item (including items not related to the quest).

Scalezzzz
11-10-17, 07:08 PM
Using iOS you cannot sell the mud buckets that is not weird and not true, your reply is not accurate, read all other comments you will see that there are lots of complaints concerning the mud buckets, my 12 pigs on some harvesting do not produce any mud buckets, have to wIt another three hour to receive one mud bucket, what is going on here? Do the programmers want the players to quit playing, it is not a bug since many receive mud buckets, it is called BAD programming. I?m so frustrated, this game used to be a GREAT game, now it is becoming a terrible game. No incestive after the 60 + levels, quests are terrible full of bugs and bad programming.

You CAN sell your buckets to get rid of them. Many people are not participating in the event and complained about having buckets fill up their barn. The team listened to those comments and made changes so they are now able to sell or discard the buckets. However, other players cannot buy the buckets.

chaarlikar
11-10-17, 08:43 PM
I agree the mud bucket drop rate is ridiculously low compared to the drop rate of the other items. I have eight pig and have managed to collect 3 mud buckets since 6 am and that collecting every three hours.

Rynetory2
11-10-17, 09:08 PM
39775Why is stormie still selling orange wool ,fish scales and plushie cats
Maybe that?s why we are not getting mud buckets come on S8 please sort out the mud bucket drops
Or let us buy from the people who are not doing the event with barns full of buckets
Very disappointed with this event
I

This has been resolved. Please report in this thread if you are still seeing past event items in Stormie's.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100040-Stormie-selling-expired-Event-items

CierzoKitchen
11-10-17, 09:42 PM
@Scalezzzz Maybe I have a different drop rate because I'm using Android?

nagmad
11-10-17, 09:47 PM
What a shame we can?t buy what we need, I mean great to sell the parts if you have excess but what a waste, the last couple of quests just don?t have a realistic time frame for most people to complete, I haven?t received kernals for 2 days, still have no saws and need heaps of branches

goodies70
11-10-17, 10:01 PM
I agree, this goal seems impossible to complete. I hope Storm8 listens & makes some changes.

Scalezzzz
11-10-17, 10:04 PM
@Scalezzzz Maybe I have a different drop rate because I'm using Android?

I didn?t think that made a difference! Yeah, perhaps that?s what is is.

goodies70
11-10-17, 10:05 PM
What a shame we can?t buy what we need, I mean great to sell the parts if you have excess but what a waste, the last couple of quests just don?t have a realistic time frame for most people to complete, I haven?t received kernals for 2 days, still have no saws and need heaps of branches

Well said, I totally agree with you! I think it's crazy they want us $10 for goal parts! I think it's impossible to complete this goal & they're taking the fun out of the game.

Oneyellowlab
11-10-17, 10:24 PM
Thanks to Storm8 for allowing us to put the mud buckets in our store to discard them....it’s a huge help!

CierzoKitchen
11-10-17, 10:34 PM
Request for either:
1) better drop rates
2) lower gem payments for event requirements
3) more time

Because completing this event looks impossible otherwise!

Paul__
11-10-17, 11:40 PM
I really don't understand the point of having the items in the barn if we can't sell them.

PookieBear50
11-10-17, 11:51 PM
I really don't understand the point of having the items in the barn if we can't sell them.

Off-hand, I'd suggest the reason the items ended up in the barn this time is because we need to craft the logs. If the items aren't in the Barn, we can't send them to the Studio to craft with. Also, unlike the Wight Husky event, there was no other alternative item/building to keep the items in. Perhaps, if we had been collecting branches AND logs and not needed to craft logs from branches, then everything could have gone into some other mysterious place (or maybe just a new building like an Observation Blind or Construction HQ) and non-participating players wouldn't have been having as much trouble as they were/are with unwanted items.

Though none of that quite explains how the kernels ended up NOT in the barn, but I'm just going to be grateful that they weren't because that would have been even more inventory space consumed by event items.

CierzoKitchen
11-11-17, 03:09 AM
I'm considering giving all my stuff to piper from now on so that I'll at least get the birdhouse

hellopetty
11-11-17, 08:27 AM
im an android user i just completed the beaver event and i got the beaver but no habitat for it -.-" keeps saying i need a beaver dam lv 10 which isnt available in the store i cant sell the mud bucket so i can delete them so its taking up 40 space in my barn ughhhhhhh ....

https://i64.tinypic.com/2yjwpjp.png
this is the picture of the error from post above

I have the same problem. I'm on Android, finished the event, have the beaver in the cellar but says I need a level 10 habitat.

arat6210
11-11-17, 08:32 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with their parts disappearing??

I sent deliveries and got some of the golden kernels (I'm not sure what they're called) and when I use them on my trees (the gold one ones I bought with gems) the game resets and the tree "deactivates" as though I never had the part :mad:... This has happened FOUR times... Yes, I have restarted my game and my device. Please Storm8 moderator, HELP.

I'll post this in the bug forum as well. I'm not going to play again until I know this is resolved, and I may ask for a refund on the 8 X 16 gems I've spent on the trees. I've just recently started playing again, and this is disappointing.

I have not been receiving items Either. I just collected from the &7500 tree and no sticks were counted. The same thing occurs with the tree bought with diamonds. Also the pails from the pigs only show up occasionally. I am able to get sticks from the trees I cut down. But frustrating not to get the xtra stuff I am using coin and diamonds for. Reloading and even deleting and redownloading does nothing. It is frustrating.

arat6210
11-11-17, 08:33 AM
I wish I could get mud buckets when collecting from pigs

Mitzi111
11-11-17, 09:06 AM
When does this event end? I think I can't make it to the end if it only has a few days left. I have already started selling my leaves. I wasted over 10,000 coins on aspen groves, and gems on a golden tree. sigh.

Paul__
11-11-17, 10:10 AM
When does this event end? I think I can't make it to the end if it only has a few days left. I have already started selling my leaves. I wasted over 10,000 coins on aspen groves, and gems on a golden tree. sigh.

It ends on Nov 13th

jed1066
11-11-17, 11:13 AM
Still limited mud buckets on my farm collected every 3 hours from 8am received 1 bucket from 12 pigs on each (made 4 collections ) in the end I used 8 gems to upgrade to 11/12 still need 75 buckets to finish the event .
Please please s8 this is really not good ratio of mud buckets . Not enough time left either to collect 75 buckets
Lots of dissatisfied players you are going to loose after this event .
Please give us extra time or more buckets per pig pen collection in the very limited time left for me
Tia

cosmolife
11-11-17, 11:19 AM
Still limited mud buckets on my farm collected every 3 hours from 8am received 1 bucket from 12 pigs on each (made 4 collections ) in the end I used 8 gems to upgrade to 11/12 still need 75 buckets to finish the event .
Please please s8 this is really not good ratio of mud buckets . Not enough time left either to collect 75 buckets
Lots of dissatisfied players you are going to loose after this event .
Please give us extra time or more buckets per pig pen collection in the very limited time left for me
Tia

Lol why should they do that when you're willing to folk over gems? Lol

That's exactly what they want ;)

I realized from the start this event was not doable, unless gems were used to finish it :(

DaphneGlass
11-11-17, 12:13 PM
It ends on Nov 13th

Thank god for that, I didnt do it as I could see it was impossible but sick of the tree leaves etc lol, good that we can get rid of them.

nagmad
11-11-17, 12:37 PM
I'm considering giving all my stuff to piper from now on so that I'll at least get the birdhouse

I did that at the start, and happy I done it now, so at least I have something to show, no way will I finish the dam, lvl 8 getting no kernals, sorry 2 over the last few days, and minimal everything else, haven?t had saws for 4 days, actually need to sleep, raise kids and work, PLEASE let us buy from others,

Mitzi111
11-11-17, 12:39 PM
It ends on Nov 13th

Thanks Paul. I guess I will just sell everything now and hang back until after the 13th. I just have too much to do right now and can't be on this game as often as it would take in order to complete this event. : (

Mitzi111
11-11-17, 12:43 PM
I did that at the start, and happy I done it now, so at least I have something to show, no way will I finish the dam, lvl 8 getting no kernals, sorry 2 over the last few days, and minimal everything else, haven?t had saws for 4 days, actually need to sleep, raise kids and work, PLEASE let us buy from others,

? wait... So when I sell these items, where are they going? I thought other players would buy them?

0205ken
11-11-17, 01:14 PM
I'm on my way to level 79 on this game and every few weeks or so I didn't mind dropping 5 dollars on it, I figured some people spend more than that on a coffee and it helped me relax a little.

I bought a value pack and spent gems when this event started and I still won't be able to finish the way buckets are dropping. These events should be enjoyable and be achievable with a reasonable amount of time spent on them. I'm keeping my pennies from now on Stormy8

nagmad
11-11-17, 01:47 PM
? wait... So when I sell these items, where are they going? I thought other players would buy them?

No, you get to sell them to clear your storage but no one sees them, the only way I have ever been able to finish quests is with help, and now they ar not allowing us to help each other,

jed1066
11-11-17, 01:49 PM
Great !!!! needed to collect from the pigs over an hour ago, now can’t into my farm it keeps not loading up .
total of four pigs today in 4 collections of 12 pigs 1 per collection
75 to collect to finish event

PookieBear50
11-11-17, 01:52 PM
3 collections, 8 mud buckets--0 for the first, 5 for the second, 3 for the third. At this rate, with only 13-14 more collections possible and a dearth of saws and coins to buy Aspen Groves and not enough gems to gem through to the end, I guess I've hit the wall. I'd need to collect at least 5 mud buckets per collection from this point onward, and since THAT'S not likely to happen...I'll keep going on the remote--utterly, utterly remote--chance that maybe, just maybe, S8 will either up the drop rate and give me better deliveries that will give me more saws, or extend the event another week.

S8, I've tried and tried to participate in every single event that you've given us--even the leaderboard events, though I admit I didn't try very hard at those--and I really don't want to say this...but this event is really making me consider sitting out future events. I've seen more complaints in the threads for the last 3-4 events than I've seen in the past 4 years. I know things happened this past year, but please think about what players are saying about these events and take their concerns into account when planning/designing future events.

lululatte
11-11-17, 03:24 PM
So agree I'm very disappointed too, give us more time I've already spent some money..

Scalezzzz
11-11-17, 03:26 PM
I wonder if the people who were able to complete it had a hard time with the buckets as well. 🤔

Also, has S8 extended the time for past events or quests?

zxzxzp
11-11-17, 04:28 PM
Just a thought S8. It's probably too late.....Maybe we could mine for mud buckets???

Just DON'T reduce the drop of pick axes or saws....this would have been a doable event...

Or at least give us a heads up...its going to be a tough one.... so those too busy will just farm....or maybe do an event like this in summer or such...when life is not so busy...not year end! I have never been able to do a Christmas event!

I would say extend the event...especially for those who are working on it...but I can't wait for this one to be GONE! So annoyed after the last event. Which was neat and clean. My barn is clogged. And though I can sell stuff, it just sits in the shop forever! Even more irritating is my nbrs shop shows 12 items, I go there and it's empty....guess what?!? It's probably event parts...

FarmerIreneOK
11-11-17, 04:44 PM
I have a simple request for Storm8: please give an event summary when announcing an event and tell players the requirements for all the stages. Then, allow player to opt in. If a player does not opt in, don't drop event items for that player. Then they can farm away without having barn and silo burdened with event parts. Thank you.

PookieBear50
11-11-17, 04:45 PM
I wonder if the people who were able to complete it had a hard time with the buckets as well. ��

Also, has S8 extended the time for past events or quests?

Once, that I can remember...I think it was for the Blossom Fawn, about two years ago (didn't get to finish that event...my level was too low).

penally1
11-11-17, 09:41 PM
Please give us another week to complete the upgrades to win the beaver. The event started off so slowly for most of us until the trees started giving upgrade parts. The drop rate for mud buckets has been awful. The upgrades require so many items for such a short event. Please allow us to finish by extending the event and or let every pig give a bucket.

coleoptera42
11-11-17, 09:45 PM
I got zero buckets of mud this collection. ZERO. Which makes a TOTAL of three today. I was going to bite the bullet and buy the trees and supplies for $10, but why bother? I would need to buy multiples and even then I wouldn't be able to finish. I am so frustrated and ANGRY. This is not fun. Why should I do something that isn't fun? I've spent a lot of money on this game over the last year. I don't think I will be spending any more.

goodies70
11-12-17, 12:04 AM
Does anyone think Storm8 will make any changes to this goal, extend the deadline &/or make the mud buckets easier to obtain? I'm trying to decide if I should just bail out. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that is not happy with this goal. I really hope Storm8 makes some changes, if not now, in the future because they've taken the fun out of playing.

Rynetory2
11-12-17, 12:04 AM
I have not been receiving items Either. I just collected from the &7500 tree and no sticks were counted. The same thing occurs with the tree bought with diamonds. Also the pails from the pigs only show up occasionally. I am able to get sticks from the trees I cut down. But frustrating not to get the xtra stuff I am using coin and diamonds for. Reloading and even deleting and redownloading does nothing. It is frustrating.

Are you still having this problem? Make sure you have sufficient barn space before your next collection. Try restarting your device if they are still missing and see if they turn up. Please let me know how it goes for you.

Rynetory2
11-12-17, 12:07 AM
im an android user i just completed the beaver event and i got the beaver but no habitat for it -.-" keeps saying i need a beaver dam lv 10 which isnt available in the store i cant sell the mud bucket so i can delete them so its taking up 40 space in my barn ughhhhhhh ....

https://i64.tinypic.com/2yjwpjp.png
this is the picture of the error from post above

I have the same problem. I'm on Android, finished the event, have the beaver in the cellar but says I need a level 10 habitat.

I'm checking on this.

Aside to others: Anyone else having issue placing your beaver?

tya_bakery
11-12-17, 12:21 AM
I'm checking on this.

Aside to others: Anyone else having issue placing your beaver?

yes, i have same issue. No habitat for placing the Beaver. I am an Android user

118a
11-12-17, 12:34 AM
True, every time I collect from pigs only get one mud if I am lucky, I think it is getting more difficult and taken fun out and in future not going to participate in events like a lot of my neighbours

Rynetory2
11-12-17, 01:09 AM
yes, i have same issue. No habitat for placing the Beaver. I am an Android user

Welcome to the forum. :)Congrats on finishing your event and Thanks for letting me know. Added you to my report.

Scalezzzz
11-12-17, 01:15 AM
I do think it sucks that people, myself included, have been getting 0-2 mud buckets when collecting from pigs. While I understand why some people would become frustrated, especially those who spend real money, I am thinking that it is random. I don?t think S8 is doing anything on purpose to be unfair.

I?ve heard the same complaints in the few events I?ve been a part of, but I never quite understood them as I?ve never thought the drop rate was a problem. I have participated in just a couple events but to me they were not impossible to achieve (and no I?m not on my phone 24/7 and I do not spend real money on events and have not used gems for them either).

Perhaps I?m wrong. I have not been playing long enough to know how this game has changed. It just seems to me that the drop rate is random and some get lucky and others do not. (I just happened to be one of the unlucky ones this time. 😝)

Anyway, I think all we can do at this point is leave S8 our feedback and suggestions for upcoming events/quests.

tya_bakery
11-12-17, 01:22 AM
Welcome to the forum. :)Congrats on finishing your event and Thanks for letting me know. Added you to my report.

Thank you for fixing this issue! :o
Now I get the beaver and the habitat (dam lv 10)!
Happy :D :D :D

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39866

cosmolife
11-12-17, 06:25 AM
Oh it's done on purpose alright. S8 making the mud drop rate ridiculously low.

Remember at the start of this event, people were complaining they weren't getting enough leaves, logs, tree branches etc. Then what happened? We got a staff member commenting here that the team was looking into it. Then next thing they said was they had re-evaluated the thingy and increased the drop rate for those items from hickory and ash trees.

Now many many cries and complaints about the mud drop rate. And what happens? Total silence ;)

If they can do that to the leaves (I'm too afraid to swipe my trees as I get literally a million leaves and my barn overfills haha), then they certainly can do to the mud. But not a sound from them.

boltghost
11-12-17, 06:40 AM

Remember at the start of this event, people were complaining they weren't getting enough leaves, logs, tree branches etc. Then what happened? We got a staff member commenting here that the team was looking into it. Then next thing they said was they had re-evaluated the thingy and increased the drop rate for those items from hickory and ash trees.

Now many many cries and complaints about the mud drop rate. And what happens? Total silence ;)

If they can do that to the leaves (I'm too afraid to swipe my trees as I get literally a million leaves and my barn overfills haha), then they certainly can do to the mud. But not a sound from them.

I am really sad , I leveled the dam to level 8 and now no muddy buckets and the event ends tomorrow, and I spend 150.000 coins to buy trees to get branches and then used the studio to make logs, but now with no muddy buckets, i cant get the beaver,I will not participate in this kind of event that you cannot buy anything from neighbours and have to pray that the pigs will or will not drop stuff...really 😢

CindyK77
11-12-17, 06:45 AM
For me also goes that I got the beaver but no habitat :( android player

Oh great, I closed the game, started it again and now I have it :)

bluberibakery
11-12-17, 07:00 AM
This has been such a bummer, millions of leaves, a few mud buckets, next to no sticks and barely any corn. Been playing my behind off to get deliveries out on time and feed my pigs so I can get the parts I need but it's no use. There's not much I can do to complete this goal when the items needed just don't drop. What a massive downer.

judyandthecat
11-12-17, 07:20 AM
This has been such a bummer, millions of leaves, a few mud buckets, next to no sticks and barely any corn. Been playing my behind off to get deliveries out on time and feed my pigs so I can get the parts I need but it's no use. There's not much I can do to complete this goal when the items needed just don't drop. What a massive downer.

Are you a high enough level for ash trees because they give a stick and leaf for every cut.

Scalezzzz
11-12-17, 07:22 AM

You think they make it low for some and not others? I mean some people were able to complete it.
As I mentioned, in previous events people also complained about drop rates when I wasn?t experiencing a low drop rate. People have said that the past few have been made impossible but I do not agree with that statement. I?m left thinking that people are not having the same experience.
I do think 0-2 per collection was low, but I also don?t know that every single player (especially those who finished) got those numbers.
Maybe you?re right though. I really do not know 😝

cosmolife
11-12-17, 08:15 AM
Look back through this whole thread. How many complaints do you see of low mud drop. A lot. How many do you see people posting they've finished. Very few.

The few that finished never once said anything to contradict the low mud drop. Like: "Oh no that's not true. I get 8-12 mud per 12 pigs. That's why I finish early. Event still has 3 days left but I get so much mud, I finish it 3 days early"

This led me to believe that they had to have spend gems to finish the event. But they don't want to say it

Scalezzzz
11-12-17, 09:30 AM
Yep. That seems to be the case with all event threads from what I?ve seen. People mainly only posting when they encounter an issue.

By the way, I am not saying you?re wrong. It is because no one has said that they haven?t had a low drop rate that I?m wondering get how they managed. I mostly would just like to believe that S8 are not doing this purposely. 😝

judyandthecat
11-12-17, 09:38 AM
Look back through this whole thread. How many complaints do you see of low mud drop. A lot. How many do you see people posting they've finished. Very few.

The few that finished never once said anything to contradict the low mud drop. Like: "Oh no that's not true. I get 8-12 mud per 12 pigs. That's why I finish early. Event still has 3 days left but I get so much mud, I finish it 3 days early"

This led me to believe that they had to have spend gems to finish the event. But they don't want to say it

I am guilty of buying animals with cash like the easter bunny cat and vampire cat and other stuff.
I try to send a train either for two gems or five gems all the time and yes I have been known to gem when I was close to the end. I also realize the drop is random and we both know how that works. Sigh and yes some players don't want to buy gems to finish or are unable too.
I think the mud drop should of been increased so players could see a light at the end of the tunnel.
I have been known to shove my iPad in my purse and go through McDonald's drive thru to get free wifi to collect an event item.
I have set alarm clocks to not miss a collection and that is my choice but I also am elderly and retired so I don't have to go to work but these are my choices.
I got lucky I had a ton of saws when they opened up the ash trees for leaves, branches and logs.
I always try to play for a lot of hours when an event starts because it sure seems like the drops are much luckier in the first 24 hours. Maybe it gets tweaked after that who knows.
I really wish they would of gave a decoration for each upgrade so everyone had something to show for working overtime on this quest.
But you can be sure these posts will be reviewed and hopefully the next event will be tweaked in the players favour.

Rynetory2
11-12-17, 09:56 AM
Thank you for fixing this issue! :o
Now I get the beaver and the habitat (dam lv 10)!
Happy :D :D :D

For me also goes that I got the beaver but no habitat :( android player

Oh great, I closed the game, started it again and now I have it :)

Great to hear that you guys got it. Congratulations! :)

chdavis007
11-12-17, 09:58 AM
I finished the beaver quests and received my beaver but no beaver dam.

Rynetory2
11-12-17, 10:15 AM
I finished the beaver quests and received my beaver but no beaver dam.

Can you try restarting your game and check again? It worked for member above. Please let me know how it goes for you.

shoppercon
11-12-17, 10:34 AM
I think I'm officially done with this game. Android users have to wait FOREVER for quests we can participate in. I've spent over 200,000 coins on trees, wasted almost all of my saws, and was one of the idiots that actually spent the $9.99 for parts and will still not finish in time. They know these mud buckets are impossible to get and just don't care. Congratulations, you've gotten plenty of my money over the years but I'm done.

willowbrookfarm
11-12-17, 10:51 AM
Another goal unable to complete due to low or none at all mud buckets from pigs so many leaves had quite a few saws to start off despite sending 20 or more deliveries at a time no saws or anything needed for goal hopeless ��

PookieBear50
11-12-17, 12:15 PM
I think I may just be able to complete 11 of 12 and fall short by one upgrade. The mud buckets just aren't coming, the price of the Aspen Groves is preventing me from getting enough logs and the deliveries aren't dropping anywhere near enough saws. I'm wondering if I should forgo the upgrade and just do the birdhouse...at least I'll have accomplished something during this event.

mamas_boys
11-12-17, 12:32 PM
I'm on my way to level 79 on this game and every few weeks or so I didn't mind dropping 5 dollars on it, I figured some people spend more than that on a coffee and it helped me relax a little.

I bought a value pack and spent gems when this event started and I still won't be able to finish the way buckets are dropping. These events should be enjoyable and be achievable with a reasonable amount of time spent on them. I'm keeping my pennies from now on Stormy8

I know how you feel. I usually spend money on the events but this one would cost way too much to finish.

kindefarm1890
11-12-17, 01:07 PM
I know my last post said that I was giving up on this event but this game is like an addiction so I had to continue on. I was able to finish task 11. I am at a point on task 12 where the only way to finish is to purchase the $10 upgrade package. Although I do not have problem supporting S8 my dilemma is do I want to send the money on an event that should have been set up better.

Scalezzz - When I first started playing this game and had a low level farm the events seems easier to complete. Back then thou the event parts could be found in the newspaper and sold by neighbors. Plus you always found players posting to the buy/sell thread if they needed or had extra parts. In addition the gem cost seemed to be lower for an upgrade part certainly no part cost 45 gems each. The high the farm level the hard it had become to complete and the team made it worst by not allowing us to help each other out.

My own two cents. I think if the team would have allowed players who didn't want or had extra mud buckets to put them in the shop for the rest of us (not Stormie) the low drop rate my not have been such a big issue. There would have been a chance you could find them for sale. If I buy the upgrade package I will wind up with extra mud buckets which I would love to sell to another player who needs them. Lastly I don't remember any event that I have played that ever ended on a Monday, seems like we were shorted a day or so.

Good luck to everyone still trying to finish.

vxn555
11-12-17, 02:53 PM
this is a really bad one :( i usually finish events with time to spare, but looks like i wont make it this time
there have been times when i got ONE mud bucket every 3 hours! from all 12 my pigs??!!
its not supposed to be this hard is it? im level 57 on android btw, is there anyone else on android that actually got the dam?
(sorry havent been reading all posts because im tired now... and sad)
could we maybe get some more time to finish this event - please?

shelleymb
11-12-17, 03:28 PM
My husband and I each have farms and usually work together on events and can finish any event. This one has been the worse by far! S8 has really hurt people in so many ways by not listening to the people who matter the most, the customer!!! We have existing gems, but will never buy more unless they stop being so stubborn on events in the future. How is this customer service?

spring_peeper
11-12-17, 03:33 PM
Once again, not able to finish an event.

I agree with the above poster. I can see why this game almost went by the wayside earlier. Who wants to bother with it when all they want is for you to spend money to complete things?

I have to stop complaining about this though. They don?t care. Waste of my time.

Scalezzzz
11-12-17, 04:14 PM
Scalezzz - When I first started playing this game and had a low level farm the events seems easier to complete. Back then thou the event parts could be found in the newspaper and sold by neighbors. Plus you always found players posting to the buy/sell thread if they needed or had extra parts. In addition the gem cost seemed to be lower for an upgrade part certainly no part cost 45 gems each. The high the farm level the hard it had become to complete and the team made it worst by not allowing us to help each other out.

My own two cents. I think if the team would have allowed players who didn't want or had extra mud buckets to put them in the shop for the rest of us (not Stormie) the low drop rate my not have been such a big issue. There would have been a chance you could find them for sale. If I buy the upgrade package I will wind up with extra mud buckets which I would love to sell to another player who needs them. Lastly I don't remember any event that I have played that ever ended on a Monday, seems like we were shorted a day or so.

Good luck to everyone still trying to finish.

Thank you for the response! The events so far have been easy for me, but I am only on level 37. Perhaps i?ll also find that they get more difficult as I level up.
That?s the reason I do not use gems for events: Too many gems for one upgrade item. I just don?t think it?s worth it since it takes me a while to get them.
I was part of one event that allowed us to sell to others players, and that was quite nice. I loved being able to help out others. I hope that more of the future events are the same way.
I agree with you that we should have been allowed to sell to others, especially because the items were already in our barn taking up space. It felt like such a waste to sell to Stormie and other bots ):

Scalezzzz
11-12-17, 07:57 PM
Another downside to this event is an empty newspaper and empty shops. 😐
Sometimes the newspaper would only show three items and even though my neighbors shops will show as having 12 items, when I visit it is empty.

And there is bacon everywhere!

goodies70
11-12-17, 10:05 PM
I saw a post from a Storm8 employee saying we can now sale the Mud Buckets. They obviously don't understand the problem! How, or why would we sale them when the pigs are not giving them to us?! Crazy!

griffithpack
11-12-17, 11:50 PM
Worst. Event. Ever.

PookieBear50
11-13-17, 12:56 AM
Okay, I made it. Not to 12 of 12, no...but I at least finished 11 of 12, and I still have time (and money) to buy some Aspen Groves (hope they stick around as decorations) and a Golden Blossom tree (just one, can't afford more...okay, maybe two), and to craft enough logs to fix the birdhouse (there had better be ONLY one upgrade, or I'm going to be ticked off). If, by some remote chance, S8 decides to extend the event by a week (not likely, but it is a remote possibility), then I'll need to buy more saws and grow more trees, but at this point I don't foresee any way to acquire 55 logs and 36 mud buckets within the next 19 (or so) hours, at least 5 of which will be spent sleeping.

Thank you to the owners of the farms named YY888, Starwood Acres, and oink for their gracious generosity in selling me saws over the past two days. Without your help, I wouldn't have been able to make it this far.

Edit: Correction - 35 mud buckets; just picked up 1 more (from 12 pigs) on my last collection before sleeping. :p

dizzynor
11-13-17, 04:17 AM
I just upgraded my bird house, I am at the same stage as you, but I refuse to spend any more of my hard earned coins on aspen groves, and certainly not real money on gems for upgrade parts so I won?t complete, I?ve been stockpiling corn to upgrade the birdhouse so I?ll at least have something to show for all the time and coins I?ve spent, it is only the one upgrade for the birdhouse, but it?s a bit of a disapointment really as it?s identical to the haunted one except it?s light brown, even the animation is the same.
I have a horrible feeling this event is part of some evil plan by storm8 to make us a use up all our coins on the stupid price of aspen groves so we will all be skint come the Christmas event and be forced to spend real money on Christmas decorations for our farms.

mrscash50a
11-13-17, 05:47 AM
i have been selling leaves through out. but completed event now it says i need dam....what the heck

farmiemom
11-13-17, 05:49 AM
I've been playing this game for years and this is the first event ever that I tried to finish but couldn't. Very sad bc I wanted the new habitat and pet. :( The mud buckets really were terrible.

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 07:09 AM
i have been selling leaves through out. but completed event now it says i need dam....what the heck

Restart your game and check again. You should get it. Congratulations!

diverDestiny
11-13-17, 08:01 AM
Well once against I am running out of time to Collect enough mud from the pigs for all the upgrades. Just like the last event I get 3/4 of the way and the event ends. How frustrating is that- to work for weeks and not be able to finish in time. Why can't you give players more than enough time to finish Goals. It's not fair to wait 3 hours and get 1 or 2 buckets from 12 pigs

spring_peeper
11-13-17, 08:05 AM
Completely agreed.

I would like to know why these events are so lopsided. Moderators? Can you chime in? Storm 8? Anybody?

griffithpack
11-13-17, 09:26 AM
I’m curious - since we couldn’t buy event parts and yet they got bought if I put them in the store - and NOT bought by Stormie - who was able to buy them? Seems unfair that I had other logos in the spaces when they got bought - not only Stormies’s - and yet players were supposedly unable to buy event parts.

judyandthecat
11-13-17, 09:33 AM
I’m curious - since we couldn’t buy event parts and yet they got bought if I put them in the store - and NOT bought by Stormie - who was able to buy them? Seems unfair that I had other logos in the spaces when they got bought - not only Stormies’s - and yet players were supposedly unable to buy event parts.

That would be a storm bot.
Kind of like a clean up crew that is sent out by the game to get event parts.
It is not another player.

jed1066
11-13-17, 09:50 AM
Final few hours of the event two more collections from pigs to collect 45 buckets . Never going to do it .
Been struggling most of the event with both my farms with mud buckets receiving 2-4 from 12 pigs in first couple of days the then 0-1 for the last 8 days with 6 collections per day .
Very very disappointed in this I have never not finished an event I have played for years and always worked hard to get the final prize .
It’s to late now for S8 to do anything to help those player who refuse to spend real money and buy Gems .
The game is not enjoyable when you do an event work hard and nothing at the end of it .
Please please S8 listen to your players before you loose us

UPDATE :- well one more collection for me from the pigs before bed time as I’m in the UK . The pigs did not deliver I still need 41 buckets to finish .
I would need to buy 2 packs of 1,400 gems at ?48.99 As I need 2,777 gems so ?100 in real cash . That I’m not going to pay
I hope S8 are reading all these complaints and do something about this ridiculous situation

vxn555
11-13-17, 10:01 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us more time to finish this event!

beckypeke
11-13-17, 10:45 AM
This is the first event that I have entered but I will probably not do any more. I just collected from 12 pigs and got NO mud buckets. The drops were random, sometimes 1 or 2, sometimes more. I crafted the birdhouse but wasted coins on the aspen trees. Very disappointed.

johnpaulg
11-13-17, 11:31 AM
The pigs got us. I have the logs and the leafs but the pigs never delivered. I spent over $1 M coins to purchase trees for nothing.

S8 could fix this, but will they???

mamas_boys
11-13-17, 11:34 AM
This event was the last straw for me. The drop rates were ridiculously low and the only way I could have finished the event was to buy multiple $13.99 packages. Not one or two but multiple packages. Where is the fun in that?

I have been playing for a couple of years and was one of the players who would buy gems for each event. Not anymore. Deleted my farm from my iPad this morning. Not willing to support a game like this. Storm 8, I hope you improve your events before you lose more long time players.

spring_peeper
11-13-17, 11:48 AM
I?m in the same boat. I?ve devoted too much time and energy to a game where creators don?t even care.

eneke
11-13-17, 11:54 AM
So I need 3 mud buckets in about 7 hours with two collections from pigs to go. Everything else is ready. I spent zero out of pocket cash but literally spent almost all my free time playing. Even woke up in the middle of the night to collect from pigs and send out deliveries.

I am probably been more vocal on this event than any other. Things S8 should take out of this...

Please make sure the programming is in place before the event starts. I read that you could get branches from Ash and Hickory trees on Sunday when I clicked on the info circle in my barn. I used 60+ saws on Sunday and got nothing. It was fixed on Monday, so I wasted my saws for nothing, had to use coins to buy the Aspen trees and luckily I am a hoarder and went into my collections and collected over 100 mole collections to get more saws.

The amount of barn space for this event was asinine. Leaves could have gone in the silo to give some of us a break. It would be nice if you could program the events so that instead of having to have all of the items at one time to upgrade, we could give items of what we do have to at least "begin" the upgrade. That way our barns are not running out of space. Similar to us giving items like we did in the past with last years Christmas/Holiday event. It makes it very hard to do deliveries to earn items when your barn has no room to store items to send out deliveries.

I get the drop rate is random but it would have been nice to be able to buy items in the newspaper. Even from Stormie. I had several times when I was only able to buy from Stormie 5 out of 6 items and I am assuming that that missing item may have been an event item. I am assuming that you realized that several players had more than one farm and were using a second or even a third farm to help their first achieve the prizes. Well that is not every player and if that is your reason for deciding that helping each other out is no longer an option, then you are penalizing those with only one farm.

Did I like this event, NO. I absolutely hated it. However, I put too many resources and time into not seeing it through. So hopefully I get my 3 mud buckets before the time ends, if not, I have a few gems left to finish, so I will get my beaver. I will, however, think about not doing another event if it even seems similar.

One last comment. Please DO NOT do another event that starts this week. Plain and simple, I am broke as I think many of us are, my barn is depleted and I need at least a week to try to recover.

wiznit85
11-13-17, 12:22 PM
Nope. I quit. What a ridiculous waste of time. �� Have fun, faithful players. I was hoping to come here and see that a time extension would have come about, but obviously I was delusional. I refuse to put my energy and money into a game for greedy people. I'll go support something that's fun AND has a developememt team that gives a [].

griffithpack
11-13-17, 12:40 PM
I?m curious - since we couldn?t buy event parts and yet they got bought if I put them in the store - and NOT bought by Stormie - who was able to buy them? Seems unfair that I had other logos in the spaces when they got bought - not only Stormies?s - and yet players were supposedly unable to buy event parts.

griffithpack
11-13-17, 12:45 PM
That would be a storm bot.
Kind of like a clean up crew that is sent out by the game to get event parts.
It is not another player.

Is there a reason S8 has decided to NOT let us help one another in these events? This game was so fun when we could.

linux4e
11-13-17, 01:42 PM
I?m done too! Spend so much time, energy and real money on that event but can?t finish it unless I pay like ?30 more. A virtual pet for ?50 really? Nope, you just lost my interest and any future payments. Hope you generated a good income with this event because it?s the last you are going to get from me. So disappointed...

bobashark
11-13-17, 01:52 PM
Have not received any mud buckets on 5 of my last 6 collections. Collecting mud is impossible.

Scalezzzz
11-13-17, 02:02 PM
Okay, I made it. Not to 12 of 12, no...but I at least finished 11 of 12, and I still have time (and money) to buy some Aspen Groves (hope they stick around as decorations) and a Golden Blossom tree (just one, can't afford more...okay, maybe two), and to craft enough logs to fix the birdhouse (there had better be ONLY one upgrade, or I'm going to be ticked off). If, by some remote chance, S8 decides to extend the event by a week (not likely, but it is a remote possibility), then I'll need to buy more saws and grow more trees, but at this point I don't foresee any way to acquire 55 logs and 36 mud buckets within the next 19 (or so) hours, at least 5 of which will be spent sleeping.

Thank you to the owners of the farms named YY888, Starwood Acres, and oink for their gracious generosity in selling me saws over the past two days. Without your help, I wouldn't have been able to make it this far.

Edit: Correction - 35 mud buckets; just picked up 1 more (from 12 pigs) on my last collection before sleeping. :p

You?re welcome! (My farm is oink 😝)
You got so close though. It?s a shame I couldn?t offer more (like buckets or logs).

Angelfarm98
11-13-17, 02:10 PM
Final few hours of the event two more collections from pigs to collect 45 buckets . Never going to do it .
Been struggling most of the event with both my farms with mud buckets receiving 2-4 from 12 pigs in first couple of days the then 0-1 for the last 8 days with 6 collections per day .
Very very disappointed in this I have never not finished an event I have played for years and always worked hard to get the final prize .
It?s to late now for S8 to do anything to help those player who refuse to spend real money and buy Gems .
The game is not enjoyable when you do an event work hard and nothing at the end of it .
Please please S8 listen to your players before you loose us

UPDATE :- well one more collection for me from the pigs before bed time as I?m in the UK . The pigs did not deliver I still need 41 buckets to finish .
I would need to buy 2 packs of 1,400 gems at ?48.99 As I need 2,777 gems so ?100 in real cash . That I?m not going to pay
I hope S8 are reading all these complaints and do something about this ridiculous situation

Value pack costs $9.99 includes 15 golden trees, 15 kernels, 60 tree leaves, 30 logs and 30 mud buckets. I finally turned out buying two packs to finish my event. It's really sad but I would say I feel disappointed more!

Paul__
11-13-17, 02:17 PM
What habitat does the beaver go in?

goodies70
11-13-17, 02:23 PM
I've played every day for at least 12 hours & still cannot finish this goal unless I spend 20 more dollars, already spent $15 & many, many gems! I don't mind paying some but when I see that I'm not the only one who is having trouble with the goal & Storm8 hasn't made any changes, I'm not giving them any more money. Very, disappointed!!

CindyK77
11-13-17, 02:28 PM
I'm not able to feed my beaver, does anyone have this problem too?

judyandthecat
11-13-17, 02:29 PM
What habitat does the beaver go in?

The beaver dam you are building if you are on iOS.
If android you might have to force close and check your cellar.

judyandthecat
11-13-17, 02:30 PM
I'm not able to feed my beaver, does anyone have this problem too?

Did you run your pail over top of him first.

CindyK77
11-13-17, 02:38 PM
I forgot to collect first :) it s working now :)

judyandthecat
11-13-17, 02:56 PM
I forgot to collect first :) it s working now :)

Congratulations :D

nagmad
11-13-17, 03:59 PM
I made it to 10/12 for the quest, I need 2 logs to upgrade my dam to level 8 and running out of time quickly, I will not do anymore quests, I get frustrated when I can’t finish and more so when I get close, I have no idea how people get saws, I have none and bont get any, never seen them in the market, the drop rate for everything else was terrible, at this point it is not worth thinking about spending gems to updgrade to be still left with a level 8 dam, when frustration is more common then fun, something has to give,

dapperant
11-13-17, 04:27 PM
I have noticed the last few quests have become more tedious and not achievable, without spending real cash to fund storm8, it appears they see loyal players as cash generating machines who will pay over the odds to play their game and don't care for our fun element anymore. The time and effort a lot of us spend on playing here is amazing and proves commitment from the players, only to be treated with contempt from storm8. I have heard they are in financial trouble as a company and need to squeeze players for more cash, hence the bad choices made to treat us all like cash machines to play and advance our farms. Twitter has some repressed tweets available and the company storm8 appear to be blocking any bad negativity. This is has always been a good place to be with a helping environment & community, spirited tasks to make it a great place to be, what has changed? Are the rumours true? Play fair and keep the community happy storm8, you used to make & unite people xx

bobashark
11-13-17, 04:41 PM
So upset with this event halfway they level 10 can?t get mud buckets. I?m embarrassed to say I have spent money to help with the levels and still couldn?t do it. It is crazy expensive to get the mud buckets and I have played from hour one of this event.

princessskykennedy
11-13-17, 04:50 PM
Hoping this is a glitch with this quest only ! But my ash and hickory tree harvest time just jumped by three times!!!

princessskykennedy
11-13-17, 04:51 PM
And i got zero pigs on one farm and one on the other for my final collection!! Ugh

LA1171
11-13-17, 04:56 PM
Thats really bad, people like me that dont want to do the event (spent too much real money on the last one!!), should be able to help others, especially as the maple trees are ONLY dropping those green leaves!, I now cannot make anything maple thanks to this event as my maple trees are NOT giving the usual maple leaves and syrup, very unfair, explain that one then?

The required twig drops are almost impossible to get. At level 27, I have all the trees I can have but the drops are low. Now two hours left and I'm still on level 11/12, knowing I won't finish the event. Other events allowed mats to be sold. Why not this one? Otherwise, allow the event for higher levels where we can cut down trees to acquire the twigs. It's just a tease for lower levels.

nec912
11-13-17, 05:24 PM
Sad, sad, sad! One of my favorite farm neighbors, someone that actually spends real money is so discouraged from this event that she is quitting ��

Scalezzzz
11-13-17, 05:27 PM
I don?t know if it?s because of the quest but I have been getting a lot of gems since it started. Now that it is almost over I?m wondering if that will change 😝

I kept my mud buckets Incase there was a last minute change then I could sell them to someone who was close to finishing. I bought too many rubies and now my barn is full, so I have to get rid of the buckets. I don?t think anything will change at this point anyway.

Hope we have better luck next time.

Paul__
11-13-17, 05:29 PM
This quest is absolutely ridiculous. I am on level 29 and have used ALL of my 500 gems on this event and am still only on 11/12. There is no way I will win in the next two hours without spending maybe 100 dollars worth of gems?

CierzoKitchen
11-13-17, 05:47 PM
I finally got my birdhouse and I can put all this beaver business behind me... Though I must complain that I was down to maybe 10 bowls of kernels yesterday and despite sending deliveries all day, I only got 3 branches (which I unfortunately didn't need).

I woke up at odd hours last night to try and get more kernels and I must say the drop rate has really improved this morning, I got 4 bowls in the space of about one hour of sending deliveries. In total I managed to get 7 bowls and skipped the last 3 with gems. However, I must wonder how things would be different if I had needed logs instead of kernels last; I'd have been panicking, trying to get so many logs while there are only about two hours left to the event end. Why couldn't I have gotten these kernels yesterday?

Scalezzzz
11-13-17, 05:54 PM
I finally got my birdhouse and I can put all this beaver business behind me... Though I must complain that I was down to maybe 10 bowls of kernels yesterday and despite sending deliveries all day, I only got 3 branches (which I unfortunately didn't need).

I woke up at odd hours last night to try and get more kernels and I must say the drop rate has really improved this morning, I got 4 bowls in the space of about one hour of sending deliveries. In total I managed to get 7 bowls and skipped the last 3 with gems. However, I must wonder how things would be different if I had needed logs instead of kernels last; I'd have been panicking, trying to get so many logs while there are only about two hours left to the event end. Why couldn't I have gotten these kernels yesterday?

I also decided to get the birdhouse and I had everything for it too, but I was waiting to see if anything would change before I used it on the birdhouse. Yesterday someone was selling rubies and to make space in my barn I discarded almost all my leaves. I didn?t think about it at the time, but later realized I now didn?t have enough for even the birdhouse. I had been getting so many leaves though that I thought it would be fine. Nope. I was barely getting any leaves at all. Of course it would happen that way lol

I did finally manage to get the leaves. 😄

zxzxzp
11-13-17, 06:15 PM
Time for stormy bots to clear all shops....Quickly PLEASE....

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 06:29 PM
Time for stormy bots to clear all shops....Quickly PLEASE....

Lol. Thanks for the chuckle especially after a super tough event.

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 06:36 PM
Need your help :)

Can someone who got the Beaver help to post a screenshot of it for the Pets Guide please? Click on your dam and click on baggage icon, I need a picture of it like this. Thanks for your help.

https://i.imgur.com/Kwc6Uk2.jpg

mozbeck
11-13-17, 06:38 PM
1st event I won?t finish, I really wanted a beaver. Will I be able store or sell the dam once the event is over?

Scalezzzz
11-13-17, 07:04 PM
I refuse to get worked up over a game. I was not mad when those piggies refuse to give me more buckets, and I was not mad when I realized I would not finish the quest. The only thing that annoyed me was thinking the beaver had a rat tail. I secretly thought that no one at S8 knew what a beaver looked it. (Sorry :P)
That has been cleared up though, and I?m glad the beaver has a beaver tail.

Now on to feedback and suggestions:

I think 0-2 buckets from 8-12 pigs is just not enough. Even if it was random and some got unlucky, that still is not enough. It just makes sense that we should be able to sell event/quest items.

If items are not able to be sold to others then there is no reason to make us store it all in our barns.

I mentioned it before but allowing us to sell to Stormie or bots was not that great of an option. People did not want to discard these item since they could get coins for them, but it meant that these items stayed in their shops for hours. Shops and the newspaper have been empty for this reason. That is unfortunate for people trying to find items they need.

I always get excited when new quests/events are announced. Even when I am unable to complete them, I still think they are fun (Lol im probably the only one). I look forward to seeing what the next one will be.

lululatte
11-13-17, 07:32 PM
Impossible quest unless you're rich, so disappointed managed to nearly finish level 11. No beaver for me or most of the other players by the sound of it. Quests need to be attainable and fun not distressing.. don't mind paying a bit as I did. But really,you would have needed all day free and a serious mass of gems to complete this.

shelleymb
11-13-17, 07:53 PM
So now that this quest is over are we suppose to flood our shop and newspaper even more with all the unused items that nobody can see?

mothernature15
11-13-17, 08:15 PM
Sad that could not finish event ....just reached lv 8,
brought lv 10 habitats sold in the market for zero coins thinking that they can be used as decoration,
but why are they in "under construction " mode....can the team allow me to put then in cellar I don't want my farm being occupied by this cardboard images....

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 08:20 PM
Sad that could not finish event ....just reached lv 10,
brought lv 10 habitats sold in the market for zero coins thinking that they can be used as decoration,
but why are they in "under construction " mode....can the team allow me to put then in cellar I don't want my farm being occupied by this cardboard images....

Try restarting your game. I'm able to store it. Sorry that you cant finish this event. I think most of us are in the same boat. :(

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 08:23 PM
So now that this quest is over are we suppose to flood our shop and newspaper even more with all the unused items that nobody can see?

It's entirely your call if you wish to keep, sell or discard.

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 08:25 PM
1. Did you enjoy this event?
2. Did you get your Beaver?
3. What was your Dam's final level?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

PookieBear50
11-13-17, 08:35 PM
It would have been nice to have had a little warning that a new event was imminent...but of late there has been no notice whatsoever. Previously, there had been at least a couple of days to a week or more of pop-ups indicating that an event was forthcoming, but this time--and so soon after the Halloween event--it just dropped. Had I known...had there been any prior indication that space would have been needed in inventory BUT that the Aspens might have been that expensive, I would have sold my expansion papers instead of expanding (and using up nearly 160,000 coins that MIGHT have been put to better use buying Aspen Groves). And that might have allowed me a better chance of completing the event...might have, had the Mud Bucket drops not completely thwarted that option.

As it is, now I have 145 Tree Leaves, 25 Logs, 16 Mud Buckets, and 1 Tree Branches to sell (and wait for Stormie and the bots to buy), though I may end up keeping at least one of each...as a caution about starting another event.

I also have an unfinished Beaver Dam that will go into storage as soon as it can be stored...yet another unused pet habitat that is getting lost amid all the other decorations--I do recall suggesting a separate menu in the Cellar for pets and pet habitats...

On the plus side, I was able to purchase one Golden Blossom tree (doesn't quite match, but I might put it in my Oriental Garden area...or not), I have 6 Aspen Groves that will make a nice backdrop to something (once I figure out where I want to put them), and a Wooden Birdhouse (I may put the Spring Meadow out again in a few months and put the Bird Feeders and the other Bird Houses I have out as well).

Not exactly the most satisfactory of consolation prizes for this event, but oh well. Hopefully at some point the Beaver will appear in the Tree House and it can be acquired that way.

And hopefully the next event won't be for at LEAST another week.

(Another plus: I can go back to regular game play, harvesting from my trees without getting Tree Leaves filling up my barn. Of course, I won't need to collect from my pigs for a while--too much Bacon--and I have a forest of Ash Trees all over the place, but eventually I'll get back to my normal 10-at-a-time Ash grove.)

zxzxzp
11-13-17, 08:46 PM
How do we store the event stuff??!!??

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 08:49 PM

Restart your game and you should be able to store them.

mothernature15
11-13-17, 08:50 PM
no use....the one I have been upgrading until level 8 can be stored, but I bought 2 more from market fully upgraded habitats thinking to use as decor....these are showing as "under process" boxes,
I have restarted and reloaded the game...

PookieBear50
11-13-17, 08:50 PM

Tap the Edit icon. Then tap on the item you want to store. If the Cellar icon is highlighted, you can tap that to send the item into the Cellar. If it doesn't light up, then the item cannot be stored. In some cases, you might need to wait a day or two for the item to be able to be stored.

Paul__
11-13-17, 08:57 PM
I got to level 8, by using gems but I ran out of gems while upgrading to level 9. I had 500+ gems....

Scalezzzz
11-13-17, 08:59 PM
Sad that could not finish event ....just reached lv 8,

I get what you mean! I saw it in the market being sold for 0 coins, and i wondered what was up so I dragged it to my farm. It shows as if it under construction but not the same way as other time where you can see something is being built. I want it off my farm |:

Rynetory2
11-13-17, 09:05 PM
no use....the one I have been upgrading until level 8 can be stored, but I bought 2 more from market fully upgraded habitats thinking to use as decor....these are showing as "under process" boxes,
I have restarted and reloaded the game...

I get what you mean! I saw it in the market being sold for 0 coins, and i wondered what was up so I dragged it to my farm. It shows as if it under construction but not the same way as other time where you can see something is being built. I want it off my farm |:

I think this may be a possible error. I'm checking on this.

PookieBear50
11-13-17, 09:06 PM

On the plus side, at least it didn't cost you any coins to get it.