PDA

View Full Version : Fey Habitats?

tinkyw1nky
11-03-17, 02:03 PM
So it looks like Fey habitats will cost at least 150 gold...or am I missing something? Is there any point in doing any of these Fey dragon events (or playing this game in November) if I can't afford the habitat?

Anuisia
11-03-17, 02:19 PM
I can't afford to buy habitats with gold.

starship412
11-03-17, 02:19 PM
So it looks like Fey habitats will cost at least 150 gold...or am I missing something? Is there any point in doing any of these Fey dragon events (or playing this game in November) if I can't afford the habitat?

You don't have to buy the Fey habitat necessarily. The two goal dragons FlatFoot mentioned in another thread would be the only ones that would need a Fey habitat. The other Fey dragons you can put in different habitats - For example, Deadwood (fey/black/blue) can be put into a black habitat or blue habitat (both available to buy with coins) instead of the Fey habitat.

Anuisia
11-03-17, 02:31 PM
You don't have to buy the Fey habitat necessarily. The two goal dragons FlatFoot mentioned in another thread would be the only ones that would need a Fey habitat. The other Fey dragons you can put in different habitats - For example, Deadwood (fey/black/blue) can be put into a black habitat or blue habitat (both available to buy with coins) instead of the Fey habitat.

Yes, but I really want Solar Fyre and Lunar Fyre and they are a pure Fey type so they will have to go in a Fey habitat.

starship412
11-03-17, 02:42 PM
Yes, but I really want Solar Fyre and Lunar Fyre and they are a pure Fey type so they will have to go in a Fey habitat.

Those were the two goal dragons I was talking about but for the others, you could use other habitats because they're hybrids.

11-03-17, 04:32 PM
I hope there are free Fey habitat in Leaderboard event , for I really like the two goal dragons.

Phoenix406
11-03-17, 04:36 PM

Well you have an entire month to save up $7 to buy a gold pack with 250 gold for the habitat. Put aside $2 a week and you're there.

Phoenix406
11-03-17, 05:40 PM
Yes, I'm very suspicious. I'm going to go get my tin foil hat and wear it until Storm8 shapes up.

starship412
11-03-17, 07:07 PM
Hopefully they will get their act together before this month ends. The initial habitat for the Feys should NOT be sold for gold.

Den8137259
11-04-17, 03:13 AM
The alternative is to offer an exclusive commemorative 4 x 4 habitat that can house 2 fey-residents at $100,000 , similar to the spooky one ★

jjblueyes
11-04-17, 04:04 PM
Well you have an entire month to save up $7 to buy a gold pack with 250 gold for the habitat. Put aside $2 a week and you're there.

Well there's that I guess. Since I've stoped buying anything from this game because of more reasons then I care to say, the biggest however is that I can't even play due to lack of space, so I'm out. Of course games need to make money but I preferred it when it was my choice and since it was, I spent a bundle of it. The downhill fall of the game, ramming events and dragons on us with no place to put them on top of events needing gold no matter the time put it. Sorry. 7 bucks is 7 bucks more then they are ever getting from me unless things change.

RhodryMaelwaedd
11-05-17, 07:38 PM
Can one of the mods please answer the question if there definitely is not gonna be a coin habitat for the fey dragons? Please don't keep us in the dark. Thank you.

kooky panda
11-07-17, 11:09 AM
Hey guys, I am sorry but for now the only Fey Habitat offered is for gold.

RhodryMaelwaedd
11-07-17, 11:32 AM
Hey guys, I am sorry but for now the only Fey Habitat offered is for gold.

Well, although i strongly disapprove this course of action by S8, at least we know now and i can stop any attempts on attaining these two guys. So thanks for the info, kooky.

[S8] Elsa
11-07-17, 04:09 PM
Thank you for sharing your feedback. The Fey Dragons have additional colors and can also be housed in normal habitats in addition to the special Fey habitat. :)

RhodryMaelwaedd
11-07-17, 04:45 PM
Elsa;1467609']Thank you for sharing your feedback. The Fey Dragons have additional colors and can also be housed in normal habitats in addition to the special Fey habitat. :)

Ohhhh, i had not noticed S8 added red and blue elements to the Solar Fyre and the Lunar Fyre. They must have added them later cause i am 100% sure they were pure fey elements before. Anyway, this is great news! Thanks!!!

starship412
11-07-17, 04:45 PM
I'm sorry but Elsa, this wasn't cool. Skelequeen and Skeleking are now hybrids too along with Lunar Fyre and Solar Fyre. It's the whole Pyramid all over again. We worked hard to get our dragons leveled up (for battle purposes) just to have them change on us. Again, I apologize but this was not cool. What would've made more sense was to have the habitats available for coins and make them hold more dragons not weakening the dragons themselves. I'm not going to say more in this post because I don't want to say anything to upset anyone else but this was wrong.

pinkflower7777
11-07-17, 06:49 PM
Elsa;1467609']Thank you for sharing your feedback. The Fey Dragons have additional colors and can also be housed in normal habitats in addition to the special Fey habitat. :)

By doing this you have taken away a lot of what made these dragons special and have significantly decreased their value in the game.

cng500
11-07-17, 07:27 PM
My response is your missing one view point - if a player like myself wanted to buy the goals why would I play a game? the other point could be why should there be a need to buy anything?

pinkflower7777
11-07-17, 07:55 PM
My response is your missing one view point - if a player like myself wanted to buy the goals why would I play a game? the other point could be why should there be a need to buy anything?

I am not trying to offend anyone, just stating facts. It is not very cool to change dragons abilities after they are earned.
I'm not saying they were special because they were hard to get. They were special because of their battle abilities. Making them hybrids has severely effected their ability to battle.

I did not spend any gold to achieve them. I work hard to achieve goals and don't generally use gold for them. I do buy habitats for gold however.

The best option here in my opinion, would have been to have a habitat available for coins, not change the dragon.

But, remember if no one ever spends any gold there will be no game.

tinkyw1nky
11-07-17, 08:10 PM
The two dragon pure spooky habitat for coins worked well last time I don't see why this time it should be any different.

pinkflower7777
11-07-17, 08:13 PM
The two dragon pure spooky habitat for coins worked well last time I don't see why this time it should be any different.

I agree.

DR0G0N
11-08-17, 01:01 AM
Hmm...I was going to purchase the Fey Habitats b/c they looked so...pretty. But since S8 decided to change the Skeleking, Skelequeen, Lunar Fyre, and Solar Fyre (not to mention the Pyramid) types, this course of action have help me make a definite decision to not purchase them at all. Thank you so very much for saving my golds. And sorry Flatfoot, would love to have supported your hard work, but seems like S8 like to push my business else where. :) (the good old smiley face for maintaining good relation)

kooky panda
11-08-17, 11:16 AM
Update: The Fey Dragons have additional colors and can now be housed in normal habitats in addition to the Fey Forest.
Thanks for all the constructive feedback!

Anaboe
11-09-17, 09:59 AM
Update: The Fey Dragons have additional colors and can now be housed in normal habitats in addition to the Fey Forest.
Thanks for all the constructive feedback!

Thnx Kooky! Happy with it!

FireballFarm
11-10-17, 04:55 AM
I don't mind the Solar Fyre and Lunar Fyre being adjusted because it happened within a couple days of their release. Attaining them is a month-long project, and I doubt anyone has earned them yet. And, if anyone has managed to get SF and/or LF, they used a ton of gold/money to do so. If they are spending that kind of money on the game, the effects of the change would be of little consequence to them because they probably have the other available ADIPS-level dragons (Fruition, Compass Rose, etc). As someone without those kind of means (or just plain unwilling to spend more than a couple dollars here and there on S8 games), I'd rather be able to put SF and LF in a coin habitat than be forced to not craft them at all. I, for one, ain't paying for no premium Fey habitat. Ever. :D
So, I'm okay with the change to these two and that is my reasoning.

What I am NOT okay with is the fact Skeleking and Skelequeen were changed a month+ after were introduced. That was enough time for players to not only earn one or both of the dragons, but to also invest a lot of their food into those dragons with the sole desire of turning out an ADIPS-level fighter. And olenty of time for S8 to make an adjustment BEFORE players soend their hard earned apples on these now-duds. The circumstance here are the very definition of bait and switch. That is fraud, not "game balancing" or whatever excuse has been given, and it is illegal.

Considering all the sloppy mistakes and the general mess the game has been post-layoffs, I think they didn't realize they had created 2 ADIPS-level dragons in SK and SQ... until they saw people talking about it here. Once they understood, they nerfed them.

[S8] Elsa
11-10-17, 11:55 AM
I don't mind the Solar Fyre and Lunar Fyre being adjusted because it happened within a couple days of their release. Attaining them is a month-long project, and I doubt anyone has earned them yet. And, if anyone has managed to get SF and/or LF, they used a ton of gold/money to do so. If they are spending that kind of money on the game, the effects of the change would be of little consequence to them because they probably have the other available ADIPS-level dragons (Fruition, Compass Rose, etc). As someone without those kind of means (or just plain unwilling to spend more than a couple dollars here and there on S8 games), I'd rather be able to put SF and LF in a coin habitat than be forced to not craft them at all. I, for one, ain't paying for no premium Fey habitat. Ever. :D

What I am NOT okay with is the fact Skeleking and Skelequeen were changed a month+ after were introduced. That was enough time for players to not only earn one or both of the dragons, but to also invest a lot of their food into those dragons with the sole desire of turning out an ADIPS-level fighter. And olenty of time for S8 to make an adjustment BEFORE players soend their hard earned apples on these now-duds. The circumstance here are the very definition of bait and switch. That is fraud, not "game balancing" or whatever excuse has been given, and it is illegal.

Considering all the sloppy mistakes and the general mess the game has been post-layoffs, I think they didn't realize they had created 2 ADIPS-level dragons in SK and SQ... until they saw people talking about it here. Once they understood, they nerfed them.

Please allow me to clarify the adjustments to these Dragons were to address player complaints. Players who crafted multiple Skeleking and Skelequeen Dragons can now place them in any normal habitat. Players who want to earn the Fey type Dragons, but don't want to use a premium habitat can place them. These Dragons were never advertised as battle Dragons and adjusting the colors to address player feedback regarding their housing had nothing to do with the Battle Arena.

If you bought them and you're not satisfied, please submit a request through support.storm8.com for assistance.

Please note as per our Terms of Service, changes may be made to the game at any time. You'll find similar Terms in almost, if not all, lives games:

Storm8 reserves the absolute right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods as it sees fit, and Storm8 shall have no liability to you or any third party for the exercise of such rights. You shall have a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use solely within the Service Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency that you have earned, purchased or otherwise obtained in a manner authorized by Storm8. You have no other right, tile or interest in or to any such Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency appearing or originating in the Service.

Ann255780
11-10-17, 12:21 PM
Well so basically terms are saying that s8 can do whatever they want with the goods and service. Why would someone buy anything at all from them:confused:

starship412
11-10-17, 12:30 PM
I have a solution to this problem. Adjust the effectiveness of Skeleking, Skelequeen and Pyramid back to their previous power in the arena but leave them hybrids. For example, have Pyramid act like a pure Egypt dragon and ignore the yellow altogether. It would satisfy all parties instead of a few.

[S8] Elsa
11-10-17, 12:34 PM
I have a solution to this problem. Adjust the effectiveness of Skeleking, Skelequeen and Pyramid back to their previous power in the arena but leave them hybrids. For example, have Pyramid act like a pure Egypt dragon and ignore the yellow altogether. It would satisfy all parties instead of a few.

We'll continue forwarding game feedback to our development team for consideration.

RhodryMaelwaedd
11-10-17, 02:48 PM
Elsa;1468754']Please allow me to clarify the adjustments to these Dragons were to address player complaints. Players who crafted multiple Skeleking and Skelequeen Dragons can now place them in any normal habitat. Players who want to earn the Fey type Dragons, but don't want to use a premium habitat can place them. These Dragons were never advertised as battle Dragons and adjusting the colors to address player feedback regarding their housing had nothing to do with the Battle Arena.

If you bought them and you're not satisfied, please submit a request through support.storm8.com for assistance.

Please note as per our Terms of Service, changes may be made to the game at any time. You'll find similar Terms in almost, if not all, lives games:

If that really is the case, wouldn't it have been much easier to remove the limit on the number of Boneyard habitats? People would have the opportunity to buy as many as they wanted to and thus place as many skelequeens and -kings as they wanted; and all this without angering people that have fed them purely for battling?

DR0G0N
11-10-17, 05:14 PM
Well so basically terms are saying that s8 can do whatever they want with the goods and service. Why would someone buy anything at all from them:confused:

Lol, I was thinking exactly that when reading the post above yours. XD It's like buying a nice dress/Tux and having the designer to scratch it all up with permanent marker. Even if you buy it, it's not yours. That's basically what I'm understanding from here.

kat8rose
11-10-17, 08:17 PM
Elsa;1468754']Please allow me to clarify the adjustments to these Dragons were to address player complaints. Players who crafted multiple Skeleking and Skelequeen Dragons can now place them in any normal habitat. Players who want to earn the Fey type Dragons, but don't want to use a premium habitat can place them. These Dragons were never advertised as battle Dragons and adjusting the colors to address player feedback regarding their housing had nothing to do with the Battle Arena.

So I bought the ugly orange and black habitat for 250/gold to have an additional skeleking dragon, and sold the 2 only boneyard habitat. Can I now get my 250 gold back since you guys changed the dragons colors? Thanks

kooky panda
11-11-17, 03:25 PM
So I bought the ugly orange and black habitat for 250/gold to have an additional skeleking dragon, and sold the 2 only boneyard habitat. Can I now get my 250 gold back since you guys changed the dragons colors? Thanks
As per Elsa's post, you will need to contact support for assistance.

KNOBWARS
11-11-17, 09:46 PM
Thanks Storm8. I am finally convinced to delete this massive pile. Your endless disregard for the people who have played the game for years in an effort to placate those who come along lately while telling us "Duurrrrhhh, we never said that was a battle dragon" as you water down the dragons has convinced me to delete this game and walk away from your stupidity. I look forward to the inevitable day the other half of your staff are let go because you just won't listen to your customers and your flawed business model will spell the end of the company.

Feel free to delete my account, as you will this post. You wouldn't want new customers to come along and find this. Thanks.

JustKay
11-12-17, 07:27 PM

While I do think this changing of elements takes the shine off these epic dragons, I'm not really convinced the whole ADIPS argument is legit. I play DS pretty seriously and while I do have ADIPS dragons that I use in the arena against some high level champions, the ones I have are enough (Infinity15, Diamond15, Passion10) and I largely use them on account of their quicker access higher up on the list. I have still spent a full day trying to beat a L20 champion even with these. I do not feel the need for more and get through tournaments just fine with a bit of had work. In fact I have 2 extra baby Diamonds, an Egypt (when it was first released and pure), a Green Thumb and an Achilles that I never bothered raising past 10 if at all. From way way back I've always remembered a level 20 Champion will only give you one out of 8 chance of hitting a critical and it was largely pot luck whether a level 1 fire or a level 15 diamond wins. I survived on the army of level 1 fire cannon fodder for many years.

While I would liked to have a pure Spooky or pure Fey just for the coolness factor, I doubt they would have given me a battle advantage and hadn't even started feeding the Skele-couple at all. In fact, my wishlist would actually have preferred up-ing the capacity of the boneyard instead to allow the Buried Bones dragon to also go into the habitat.

FireballFarm
11-12-17, 08:39 PM
While I do think this changing of elements takes the shine off these epic dragons, I'm not really convinced the whole ADIPS argument is legit. I play DS pretty seriously and while I do have ADIPS dragons that I use in the arena against some high level champions, the ones I have are enough (Infinity15, Diamond15, Passion10) and I largely use them on account of their quicker access higher up on the list. I have still spent a full day trying to beat a L20 champion even with these. I do not feel the need for more and get through tournaments just fine with a bit of had work. In fact I have 2 extra baby Diamonds, an Egypt (when it was first released and pure), a Green Thumb and an Achilles that I never bothered raising past 10 if at all. From way way back I've always remembered a level 20 Champion will only give you one out of 8 chance of hitting a critical and it was largely pot luck whether a level 1 fire or a level 15 diamond wins. I survived on the army of level 1 fire cannon fodder for many years.

While I would liked to have a pure Spooky or pure Fey just for the coolness factor, I doubt they would have given me a battle advantage and hadn't even started feeding the Skele-couple at all. In fact, my wishlist would actually have preferred up-ing the capacity of the boneyard instead to allow the Buried Bones dragon to also go into the habitat.

They don't have a huge advantage. It's a 25% of winning, which means an 15ADIPS dragon still has a 75% chance of losing. But, a 25% chance is better than the tiny 10% chance every other dragon in the game has against high level Champs. Whether your dragon is level 5 or level 15, is a lowly common hybrid or a premium, pure, ultra-rare, sub-minor type battlebeast, the only thing that works 100% of the time against high level Champs is repetition and persistence.

The only dragons I have fed over level 10 (besides ones from the DTs) are Diamond (12) Metal (13) Shaman and Glasswing (12), and the only time I don't complete a tourney is if I'm not interested in the prize or if I lose track of time. To me, all the food needed to feed Diamond and my other ADIPS dragons up to 15, just to give them a small % point increase against just the high level Champs, isn't worth it- for the reason you said. Even with a 25% chance, it can still take 20+ rounds to beat a high level Champ. Some players are fine with spending the food for the % increase, for the chance they can move past Champs a little bit faster, and that is cool. I'm not, and that's cool, too. Everyone should do what works best for them and their game goals. :)

On the handwritten lists I make for every tourney, I call the Champs "10%ers" and just fling random dragons at them till they go down. I do try to use my ADIPS dragons for this as much as possible and, more often than not, Diamond, Infinty, Passion, or Metal will be the one who finally prevails- even without the extra %. I think the fiddling they've been doing with the battle odds and with certain dragons has messed up the odds equations a bit. I think the calculations are close enough to still be valid and useful, but no longer as perfect as they were a year ago.

The way I look at it is: the tourneys are intentionally set up so that players will fail, so that they will buy Ultimates to beat the Champs in order to continue on. Repetition and persistence is the only way to beat it, regardless of which dragons are used.

MajicHearts
11-13-17, 07:53 AM
Hi all, I would buy a fey habitat, IF I had someplace to put it!

random59
11-13-17, 12:53 PM
What I don’t understand is the limit on habitats as we are only allowed to buy 1 Fey habitat but we can buy as many of the other Fey/Hybrid habitats!

bozotc19
11-18-17, 09:15 PM
What does adips stand for?

FireballFarm
11-18-17, 11:16 PM
What does adips stand for?

Achilles, Diamond, Infinty, Passion, Soccer.

Pyramid used to be in there as a second P before they changed it a yellow hybrid. The item-producing dragons (maps, food, bombs, but not the GPDs) are also in the same group. At level 15, these particular dragons have a 25% chance of beating a high level Champion, while all others (except the Metal Dragon) have a 10% chance, regardless of level. A level 15 Metal Dragon has a 15% chance. Skeleking and Skelequeen would have fallen into the 25% group but, like with Pyramid, S8 ruined their Champ-battling abilities them by changing them into hybrids. These odds are only for beating Champions, they are average (or below average) fighters against other colors/types.

bozotc19
11-19-17, 12:56 AM
Well it seems to me that what s8 did, by changing the makeup of straight up feys and skeletons is unethical.....and unnecessary. All they had to do is create a nongold habitat for purchase. They really seem to go out of their way to piss off their clients. Very bad business model. If my business acted like this, it would go belly up and I'd be without a job!