PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story event: Monster Hunt season 10

Pages : 1 [2]

cavegirl1
11-06-17, 03:22 AM
I'll wait for a few more posts and if no one posts they have one drop since maintenance, I'll flag it with S8. They aren't a guaranteed drop though. I've only had a chance to collect once, so I can't confirm either...

I've just had a token drop, so seems okay to me. That got me to 85 tokens.

But the hard part is making myself part with 85 gold tokens for the armoured dire wolf - might get another unicorn instead :)

Sirelie
11-06-17, 03:58 AM
I collected ten times from my direwolf, but I did not even get direwolf-milk or expansion permit. What is wrong? Yes, I understand, expansion permit is propably very rare - but milk?

Dinatized
11-06-17, 04:04 AM
I collected ten times from my direwolf, but I did not even get direwolf-milk or expansion permit. What is wrong? Yes, I understand, expansion permit is propably very rare - but milk?

I've got 3 direwolves and no expansion permits or milk either. Still very hopeful😁

Dinatized
11-06-17, 05:13 AM
I've got 3 direwolves and no expansion permits or milk either. Still very hopeful😁

It took some time for me to get the expansion permits from the flygers😊. So i think we just have to wait

PrincessCelestian
11-06-17, 05:38 AM
Is it just me but 85 GOLD TOKEN for a armored direwolf is nuts??? I have been working hard to get to the 93 I have now. To take 85 for one item that doesn't seem to give me much lives for this layout of hard to get gold tokens. For this many gold token I would need a large amount guaranteed every day. There should be a better description of what it drops. To say SPEND 85 gold token and it will give you energy but we won't tell you how many and other items that we won't tell you what they are. I should not have to get on forum to figure out what i am getting for this item!

I have seen two people post their energy drops from the armored direwolf. One got 60 and one got 80. So it seems to be better than an alicorn. IMO it's worth what they are asking for it. Especially if you already have all of the other MRC animals that you want. It's definitely a long term goal for a lot of people. I have the 85 gold tokens now. I still have ten mithril to go though. Now would be a good time for a mithril dragon sale. *hint hint S8*

jackylina29
11-06-17, 05:43 AM
I didnt get an expansion permit from my 2 times I collected from direwolf but one of my white flygers was feeling very nice and dropped one..very happily supprised. Trying for my 2nd direwolf so I will have 4 favorite animals to collect from.

maryamhjm
11-06-17, 07:24 AM
We don't know... but they have been on every month or so. Unfortunately, we don't get a lot of notice about upcoming events. There will be more though!

I'll wait for a few more posts and if no one posts they have one drop since maintenance, I'll flag it with S8. They aren't a guaranteed drop though. I've only had a chance to collect once, so I can't confirm either...

I decided to go for the fountain 2 days ago and it dropped a troll token at the second collection and since then nothing until this morning which means 5 collections I only collected water and or fish. But from what I have read it is normal right as some only get 1 gold token per monster hunt. But anyway it did drop today for me so it not turned off I think, maybe they changed the chances?

kendysek
11-06-17, 08:00 AM
Does the orange flyger drop expansion tickets or permits or it?s just the white one?

ashley224
11-06-17, 08:13 AM
I’m hoping that since it is nearly impossible to collect the 75 mithril (51 for those of us that were full at the beginning of the hunt) required for a second armoured direwolf in six days, that the option to craft it will remain in the MRC after the hunt.

dgoble55
11-06-17, 08:42 AM
Why are there no more daily goals for the monster hunt?
Never mind, they're back.

storiadelcastello
11-06-17, 09:19 AM
In order to satisfy our curiosity, I sped up my Armored Direwolf and it dropped 80 energy. Looks like the S8 gods were looking out for me because my game immediately froze then reset, when it rebooted it was uncollected. Whew. Curiosity satisfied and I was able to keep my heap of gems, talk about lucky.

Thank you for your noble gesture. I am happy to hear your kind deed was rewarded

kareichan
11-06-17, 09:41 AM
Would you recommend to buy the beastbane or wait for black Friday sales?

storiadelcastello
11-06-17, 09:41 AM
Yay for the monster hunt,

My gold token counter isn?t working correctly, though... I checked the MRC, and had 19 tokens. Then I collected one from Loreleis fountain, and did a gold hunter trade in the trading wagon, and now I am up to 20.

:-( drat. I forgot about Lorelei?s fountain.

sunnygirl634
11-06-17, 10:18 AM

I had a token drop from my fountain this morning.

PrincessCupOButter
11-06-17, 11:01 AM
I?m hoping that since it is nearly impossible to collect the 75 mithril (51 for those of us that were full at the beginning of the hunt) required for a second armoured direwolf in six days, that the option to craft it will remain in the MRC after the hunt.

Good news! The "ability to summon does not expire". :D At least not according to the goals listed on page one. Like the armored flyger, they will remain available until we reach the max of 4. Truly a very long term goal. (The baby direwolves will also remain in Ivy's nursery which is a very good thing since the milk is extremely rare!)

Ps. SW, I gold a gold token from the fountain this morning. The first in several days. But my tame direwolf is still not dropping milk. 30 coins and 1 xp only. Will the milk drops not start until after the hunt? Or is it just another random rare drop?

SpiritWind00
11-06-17, 01:00 PM
Glad to read the Fountain is ok, so I won't take any action on that. For those still wondering, getting gold tokens is rare, definitely not an every collection drop. I think I've had only 2 so far this hunt.

I've had a couple of milk from the Direwolf, so it does drop, but it's drop ratio might be different to Flyger milk drops which are quite abundant. On with the Hunt!

cheers196
11-06-17, 01:08 PM
I have two kingdoms. I have gotten more than a dozen gold coins in my “lucky” kingdom sines this hunt started but only a few in the other one. Usually it is more even between the two, though. For the milk, I got it from every collection except for one time in my “lucky” kingdom but none so far in the other.

AnnirasSweets
11-06-17, 02:21 PM
I'm experiencing a real case of "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone' in my kingdom. Thing is, I was maxed out on mithril for ages and never thought about it as I didn't need it for anything. Now that I've used up most of it to craft a direwolf I can't seem to get it to drop from any of the places it's meant to. Well played mithril, I now appreciate you and will never take you for granted again.

danzplace
11-06-17, 02:31 PM
My fountain has been stingy this hunt, it requires patience. My daily goals did not include the fire boar today. Weird!

ashley224
11-06-17, 06:18 PM
I’m hoping that since it is nearly impossible to collect the 75 mithril (51 for those of us that were full at the beginning of the hunt) required for a second armoured direwolf in six days, that the option to craft it will remain in the MRC after the hunt.

Good news! The "ability to summon does not expire". :D At least not according to the goals listed on page one. Like the armored flyger, they will remain available until we reach the max of 4. Truly a very long term goal. (The baby direwolves will also remain in Ivy's nursery which is a very good thing since the milk is extremely rare)

It is good news. I worded it incorrectly, I meant to say, I hope the ability to craft it doesn’t disappear between hunts.

PrincessCelestian
11-06-17, 06:40 PM
It is good news. I worded it incorrectly, I meant to say, I hope the ability to craft it doesn?t disappear between hunts.

The ability to craft the MRC animals doesn't ever disappear in between hunts. You can always craft them if you are able to get up the tokens that you need in between hunts with the unicorns or beastbane.

MoonVillage3
11-06-17, 11:39 PM
It is good news. I worded it incorrectly, I meant to say, I hope the ability to craft it doesn’t disappear between hunts.

The ability to craft the MRC animals doesn't ever disappear in between hunts. You can always craft them if you are able to get up the tokens that you need in between hunts with the unicorns or beastbane.
I confirm this.. usually I crafted after hunting events what I was not able to do during the event. the choices always remained in the MRC till the next hunt it was refreshed with new offers, including what was not yet crafted if you didn't reach max#. so if u're lucky to find the missing materials.. it's possible.
at least I should say.. in the past it was always possible. hoping too this choice remains as before.

MoonVillage3
11-06-17, 11:53 PM
just copied this from the Hub and made a summary where to find Mirthril. if anyone needs new places to find some?

Mithril
Crafted: magic forge 2days, 50 silver
Found: Mithril Dragon, deep mine, dark cave formation, Sir Pigglesworth, Jeweler Trade (rare), Armored Alicorn, Armored Manticore, Onyx Temple, Fey Courthouse, Dive into the Abyss adventure, Armored Flyger
Current thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...-about-mithril

SpiritWind00
11-07-17, 02:30 AM
(the Mithril info is already on page 1. :))

Update on drops - will make them look pretty tomorrow

Armored DW: Direwolf Milk, Energy (various amounts of energy can drop from this animal, up to 60 energy.)
Direwolf: Fur, Rat Tail, Creep Tooth, Fey Crystal, Earth Wisp, Elvenite, Wisp Lanterns, Expansion Permit, Direwolf Milk,
Direwolf Pup: Bacon, Roasted Chicken, Prime Cut, Bone, Fur, Creep Tooth, Coal, Iron Ore, Earth Wisp, Wisp Lantern

MoonVillage3
11-07-17, 04:35 AM
(the Mithril info is already on page 1. :))
thanks SW.. missed that. it's so difficult finding them :(

ashley224
11-07-17, 05:04 AM

That?s great to know, thanks, I?ve always crafted everything I?ve wanted and then put the MRC away waiting until the next hunt.

ladyperidot
11-07-17, 05:19 AM
I've just had a token drop, so seems okay to me. That got me to 85 tokens.

But the hard part is making myself part with 85 gold tokens for the armoured dire wolf - might get another unicorn instead :)

I agree, 85 tokens is a lot. I can get 2 unicorns and 2 armored alis for that amount. Even if they each only drop 4 energy each day that 16/day and 80 for the 5-days that is the wolf timer. And the unicorns can drop the non-gold tokens

stygimoloch
11-07-17, 07:48 AM
I agree, 85 tokens is a lot. I can get 2 unicorns and 2 armored alis for that amount. Even if they each only drop 4 energy each day that 16/day and 80 for the 5-days that is the wolf timer. And the unicorns can drop the non-gold tokens

Definitely get the unicorns for the (infrequent) token drops. I just maxed them out this Monster hunt. Now working on my 3rd armored alicorn.

stygimoloch
11-07-17, 08:11 AM
drat. I forgot about Lorelei?s fountain.

Same here. Never again: I?ve now grouped all the decorations relevant to the monster hunt in one area of my kingdom.

riverly
11-07-17, 09:13 AM
My strategy was way off for this hunt. I fear I will just barely fall short of tokens needed for 2nd Direwolf and short on getting enough gold tokens.
I probably should not have invested so much time to getting my first Direwolf, because now I feel like I have to use the tokens being dropped during the daily goals. I didn't want them to be wasted but I wanted the energy crates.
At least I will end up with a fair number of gold tokens, but not an Armoured Direwolf.
Anyway 85 gold tokens is a lot to give up!!!! It would be hard to part with so many, especially this close to the end of the hunt. Maybe next hunt I'll strategize a little better.

calicokittennope
11-07-17, 03:36 PM
Hey guys! Since the maintenance My fountain stopped dropping tokens. Does anyone else have this problem?

I did not make my fountain till earlier today, so I don't know if that'll make a difference for if it was made prior or during?
I collected only once so far, it dropped a token.

A friend made his yesterday or today I forget, and has done two collections so far, and one dropped a token.

netwiz3
11-07-17, 03:50 PM
So what did everyone get so far from the Armored Direwolf now that it's been 5 days... I got 80 energy and direwolf milk on first collection. That's a very nice top prize for a change. :)

Now I only have to collect another 140 more mithril and 160 troll tokens to make the last 2 ADs. :rolleyes:

ashley224
11-07-17, 04:02 PM
I just collected from my armoured direwolf, received 60 energy and milk.

ktorewqas
11-07-17, 05:33 PM
Same here. I do hope we can get more :D

PrincessCelestian
11-07-17, 08:03 PM

Unicorns can also drop gold tokens. Very rare but it does happen.

sunnygirl210
11-07-17, 08:29 PM
Is there any reason at all to do the trade for the ornate locket? I mean other than the fact that it drives me crazy that there is an unfinished goal out there??

PrincessCupOButter
11-07-17, 10:32 PM
Is there any reason at all to do the trade for the ornate locket? I mean other than the fact that it drives me crazy that there is an unfinished goal out there??

Currently, there is no reason to get the locket. Hopefully someday we will get back to the main story line (not the mermaids, elves and faeries, but the actual story about the young ruler) and maybe then the locket will serve a purpose.
I got it during one of the early hunts when it was first offered. (Before we realized that it was a dead end.)

eastie41
11-07-17, 11:04 PM
Hi All!

I can also report 60 energy drop from armored dire wolf!

kendysek
11-08-17, 01:51 AM
Hello, can anybody tell me which flygers give expansion permits? Armored / White or regular orange ones?
Thank you in advance

SpiritWind00
11-08-17, 02:42 AM
Hello, can anybody tell me which flygers give expansion permits? Armored / White or regular orange ones?
Thank you in advance
White and armored ones only. :) I know this is missing info from the inventory guide, but it's on my list to update as soon as I can. I'm just so busy at the moment!

kendysek
11-08-17, 03:17 AM
White and armored ones only. :) I know this is missing info from the inventory guide, but it's on my list to update as soon as I can. I'm just so busy at the moment!

That?s OK, thank you! :)

metacastle
11-08-17, 06:01 AM
I chopped a pine tree for a storyline and it spawned both a skunk AND fangbeast! Handy trees to have in a hunt ��

Jackiesq
11-08-17, 07:29 AM
I hoped for more, but really happy with my new Armored Alicorn (2nd because I crafted 1st last hunt) and I'm crafting my first Unicorn now!!! 😃
I can't play last 8 hours, so I guess this is it this hunt. Really hoping the Unicorn will help me to get a better start next time maybe with Golden Troll tokens, but I count on it to give me more Swordtokens from the start, my Shieldtokens and Staftokens will be maxed very soon, but everything is welcome...
Edit: Oh and I forgot the Direwolf!

farmerted7
11-08-17, 08:39 AM
Is the collection time for the armored dire wolf 4 hrs or 5 days? In post #6, it says 4 hrs... but I question that based on some of the recent posts. Thanks in advance for clarification!

Jackiesq
11-08-17, 08:48 AM
Is the collection time for the armored dire wolf 4 hrs or 5 days? In post #6, it says 4 hrs... but I question that based on some of the recent posts. Thanks in advance for clarification!

The 4 hours productiontime is the time to craft the Armored Direwolf, not the time to collect from it, that's 5 days. 😉

MoonVillage3
11-08-17, 09:51 AM
So what did everyone get so far from the Armored Direwolf now that it's been 5 days... I got 80 energy and direwolf milk on first collection. That's a very nice top prize for a change. :)

Now I only have to collect another 140 more mithril and 160 troll tokens to make the last 2 ADs. :rolleyes:
congrats! don't forget to check the armored manticores.. they've been dropping alot of mirthril lately. not a guaranteed drop like the mirthril dragons but more frequent than usual. hoping the mirthril collection will go faster and they're easy to craft.

MoonVillage3
11-08-17, 09:54 AM
happy to know they drop milk also.. still have my baby craft to do.. and surely won't be able to do it before time-out. at least I can finish later.

MoonVillage3
11-08-17, 09:57 AM

every 4hrs would be a dream! we'd all be screaming with happiness ;)

ktorewqas
11-08-17, 11:39 AM
every 4hrs would be a dream! we'd all be screaming with happiness ;)
So true ;)

LiriTanglethorn
11-08-17, 11:55 AM
Reminder that you have about 3 hours to get your last dire wolf into the oven. Craft expires in 7 hours, and historically, we haven't come out well trying to get crafts after the expiration time, even if you started it before the deadline.

belbar22
11-08-17, 03:01 PM
Aargh I have only managed to get to 83 gold tokens. So near yet so far ������ Howver I do have the beastbane display so hopefully will get these final 2 tokens soon. ������

olcastle
11-08-17, 03:28 PM
Reminder that you have about 3 hours to get your last dire wolf into the oven. Craft expires in 7 hours, and historically, we haven't come out well trying to get crafts after the expiration time, even if you started it before the deadline.

I think it happened just once few hunts ago. I hope it got fixed.

Caristalyc
11-08-17, 05:55 PM
Just over an hour to go & I wanted to purchase the package & it won’t open! Anyone else having this problem? Makes a change S8 not letting me spend my money lol

beckypeke
11-08-17, 06:35 PM
Do we know for sure if the dire wolf has to be finished before the timer expires? I have one in the oven now and may have to speed it up!

simpassoc
11-08-17, 07:06 PM
My timer showed 31 minutes to the end of the event, I had enough to tokens for another dire wolf, and it all of a sudden ended without my being able to craft the beast. What gives? Did anyone else experience this?

Destiel0918
11-08-17, 07:23 PM
Ahh...I had pretty good hunt! 4 black dire wolves. And even managed to get like 40 gold coins! My fountain was VERY generous this time around - I guess it was making up for my last 3 hunts, where it basically cave me zero to 1 token.

fish63
11-08-17, 07:52 PM
I thought we could still craft babies and armored after event? Dire wolf is not dropping milk?

Destiel0918
11-08-17, 08:06 PM
I thought we could still craft babies and armored after event? Dire wolf is not dropping milk?

We can still craft babies and amored ones. Dire wolves don't drop milk with every collection - it is actually rather rare drop.

ZOOMANIA69
11-08-17, 08:07 PM
Anyone else have problems with purchases during the last hours/minutes of the hunt? Had to stop to put in a ticket after restarts wouldn't help. My wifi is FINE, yet during this hunt and since "maintenance", I get the check your connection message during purchases. I got a sale and was low on energy so decided to buy to help finish up collections before time ran out. Bought the 530 energy. Got the confirmation pages and email confirmation then the connection thing pops up and doesn't budge so I restarted. Game reloads but low and behold no 530 gems added. Restarted several times but nothing. Double checked to see if money had been deducted. Yes it was. Had about a half an hour left for hunt and needed energy so bought the 250 pack and it did go through. Still waiting on my 530 gems from the first purchase. Didn't get to make either pup. Got two Direwolves but the milk drops were stingy. I was 4 short.

Irma_Isle
11-08-17, 08:44 PM
Anyone else have problems with purchases during the last hours/minutes of the hunt? Had to stop to put in a ticket after restarts wouldn't help. My wifi is FINE, yet during this hunt and since "maintenance", I get the check your connection message during purchases. I got a sale and was low on energy so decided to buy to help finish up collections before time ran out. Bought the 530 energy. Got the confirmation pages and email confirmation then the connection thing pops up and doesn't budge so I restarted. Game reloads but low and behold no 530 gems added. Restarted several times but nothing. Double checked to see if money had been deducted. Yes it was. Had about a half an hour left for hunt and needed energy so bought the 250 pack and it did go through. Still waiting on my 530 gems from the first purchase. Didn't get to make either pup. Got two Direwolves but the milk drops were stingy. I was 4 short.

Hopefully you get your gems back. After all this event I got some conclusion. Every last hour of event, its always hard to get into games. Even if I play, it restart a few time. Maybe because many people online at the same time and S8 server got a bit overload.

AnnirasSweets
11-08-17, 09:10 PM
I finally managed to get my kitchen after all this time and it was all thanks to my using all my mithril for an Armored Direwolf. Now I just have to save up all the mithril and perhaps I'll be ready to get another AD by the next hunt. Overall, I'm quite happy with this event. Kudos to S8 for giving us a new and interesting energy animal.

My only real complaint is that I've officially run out of room and will have to pack some things away to make room for these new larger animals.

PrincessCelestian
11-09-17, 12:14 AM
I was hoping that mithril drop rates would come back up to normal in my kingdom after the hunt was over but so far no luck. I have only had drops from the dragon and what I have crafted since the start of this hunt. I maybe went up 9 mithrils the whole hunt and 6/7 of those would have been from the dragon. I was dripping in mithril before. I kept crafting adamant so that I wouldn't be wasting it. Very frustrating when they change the drop rate like that.

sophie_luv
11-09-17, 02:55 AM
I only have 69 gold tokens. So far from getting the white direwolf

Jackiesq
11-09-17, 05:35 AM
I was hoping that mithril drop rates would come back up to normal in my kingdom after the hunt was over but so far no luck. I have only had drops from the dragon and what I have crafted since the start of this hunt. I maybe went up 9 mithrils the whole hunt and 6/7 of those would have been from the dragon. I was dripping in mithril before. I kept crafting adamant so that I wouldn't be wasting it. Very frustrating when they change the drop rate like that.
LOL this is another confirmation of my theory!
I really think they don't change the droprates for the needed resources during events! We do!
Example;
You think they giving us a droprate 10 out of 100 for something.
But I think they gave us a droprate like (1 + stock/5) out of 100.
With 0 on stock, your droprate will be 1%, with 20 on stock it is 5% and with 90 even 19%! In average it is the 10%, but it's always hard to get when you're low and easy when you're close to the max in this example.
If you're a starter, or always low on the needed resource during an event you'll see no differences, because it's always hard for you to get it!
If you're always close to maxed on it, your droprate is always high, but after using a lot of it during an event your droprate is much lower then usually. So you think that S8 changed the droprate, but it was you by changing your number of it in your inventory!
This is why we don't have problems with the droprates during an event if we're not interested in it! I have enough mithril, but I didn't used it for the Armored Direwolf, so it dropped like it did before, during this hunt.

So if you want a better droprate for your mithril again, I'm afraid you have to get more of it first...

hagypagy
11-09-17, 05:50 AM
So I had a pretty successful hunt...

I managed to get my Armoured Direwolf just in time! :cool:
I also had some expansion permits drop from my Flyers so I expanded and made the perfect spot for him guarding my Keep and Treasure.
(Feel free to drop by and see :) )

I have 1 Gold Token now... Hopefully next hunt won't have something needing heaps of Gold Tokens.

I also managed to get 2 Direwolves!
Did come at a 108gem price tho ... Was 12 Tokens short with 15mins to go.
I thought with their rare drops of expansion permits it was worth the spend.
(And the point of saving up gems is to spend them sometimes I guess haha. There's still 245 in the kitty. :) )

I have 46 Direwolf Milk so will be able to craft a pup soon.

So excited for more main story with more mermaids and the sea witch tomorrow!! :cool:
I'm still only at LVL9 on my Coral Castle so I'll be a few days behind til I catch up. :(

jaymieb2
11-09-17, 11:26 AM
Are you sure that the token dropped from the fountain? It's not guaranteed.

Yes, I saw it drop....

Blanche_Lady
11-16-17, 01:42 PM
Is anyone getting direwoolf milk?
I'm collecting twice a day and nada

SpiritWind00
11-16-17, 09:52 PM
Is anyone getting direwoolf milk?
I'm collecting twice a day and nada
yes they are steadily appearing. You might just be in a dry spell. Check you inventory in case you don't see them drop. :)

katbtodd
11-18-17, 10:48 AM
My armored dire wolf only seems to drop 20 energies !

cheers196
11-18-17, 04:57 PM
My armored dire wolf only seems to drop 20 energies !

I got only 20 energies for my second collection...

Blanche_Lady
11-21-17, 01:52 PM
yes they are steadily appearing. You might just be in a dry spell. Check you inventory in case you don't see them drop. :)

i looked and since de event finished only 2 milks, apparently im on a dry spell, i hope it ends

Destiel0918
12-18-17, 07:00 AM
My armored direwolf has dropped 60 energy only once- past 5 drops have all been just 20 energy - no milk.

SpiritWind00
12-19-17, 01:28 PM
Mine has only dropped 20 twice....