PDA

View Full Version : The Tale of the Mad Doctor Cruise - No Essence

alelolfarm
10-30-17, 06:19 PM
I just finished the haloween cruise event which i'm patiently playing the last 10 days. The time i tried to exchange the essence i won in order to complete the task, internet went offline for seconds and when i was online again, i tried once again to exchange it but i couldn't succeed because "the cruise has already departed". Did anyone else had the same problem? And what exactly was the problem and what should i do know to fix this, because what happened is not fair at all!

Thank you!

Rynetory2
10-30-17, 10:21 PM
Please send me your ticket number via private message (http://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139069) and I'll see if someone can help you to check.

(Moved to Bugs and Issues forum)

Jenny09191980
10-30-17, 11:23 PM
Hi! I just finished my cruise an hr ahead of time, hit the collect essence button, went to go check my pantry to make sure it was there, and the game closed, which it does occasionally. When I went back into the game, no essence in my pantry and no ability to exchange it for Frankie or Francine and it shows that my cruise ship has departed if I click the cruise area, which I think must mean it knows I completed the cruise bc it's not midnight Cali time yet. Also, I've force closed and restarted the game to no effect.

RESOLVED! See post below.

littledarc3
10-30-17, 11:41 PM
I have the same problem. I finished and got the essence but can not choose Frankie it says exchange and I hit it but nothing happens. Super upset.

Considering there are 17 minutes left I'm quitting this game if I don't get this resolved as I spend money and then don't get the prize when it says I finished and got the prize. This kind of stuff is why people are complaining. I get that it's a new cruise format, but that's no reason to mess up this bad. I look forward to you guys giving me the essence that I earned so I can pick Frankie.

Rynetory2
10-31-17, 02:50 AM
Sorry to hear that you guys didnt get your essence. I have flagged this over for them to check.

Pikamamichu
10-31-17, 02:56 AM
This is my first cruise.I nearly missed my prize as there was some confusion.When I finished the cruise,I clicked collect and went straight to choose franchise but nothing happened,so I checked my pantry to see if the essence was there.Nope, I couldn’t found the essence which needed to redeem Franchise and the gem recipe.Only when I closed the goal menu,I found the surgeon was eating in my restaurant and waiting for me to collect the essence from her.I thought that I already have the essence.I wonder what would happen if I didn’t see her.Maybe my experience would answered some players questions.

Jenny09191980
10-31-17, 05:21 AM
Hi! I just finished my cruise an hr ahead of time, hit the collect essence button, went to go check my pantry to make sure it was there, and the game closed, which it does occasionally. When I went back into the game, no essence in my pantry and no ability to exchange it for Frankie or Francine and it shows that my cruise ship has departed if I click the cruise area, which I think must mean it knows I completed the cruise bc it's not midnight Cali time yet. Also, I've force closed and restarted the game to no effect.

Hi! I got mine! I'm an idiot lol. I didn't realize that a character would come in for me to collect it. I thought when you hit the button at the end of the cruise that collected it lol. Omg, I've done lots or cruises, you'd think I'd know better lol. I'm gonna chalk it up to staying up extra late to finish.

Thanks Rynetory! I did get my essence this morning due to my own confusion lol. I posted so in the other thread too. I'm off to redeem for Frankie now. =)

Rynetory2
10-31-17, 09:15 AM
Great to hear that it's not an issue. Thanks for your update! :)

2225sara
10-31-17, 09:28 AM
Why I am unable to unlock shocking soda? What goal do I need to complete in order to unlock it ?it only let me unlock electric tonic . Can someone tell me how to unlock the other one. Thanks

littledarc3
10-31-17, 06:16 PM
You can only unlock one or the other.

Rynetory2
10-31-17, 07:24 PM
For those of you who are missing the Essence, have you collected the Essence from the Great Surgeon? Do you still see him visiting?

Yousejeong
10-31-17, 10:44 PM
Yes, I received an essence from Great Surgeon.
But Frankie did not have the essence to exchange.
Shocking Soda was open but Electric Tonic was not open.
Please help me.3946839468

Rynetory2
11-01-17, 01:16 AM
Yes, I received an essence from Great Surgeon.
But Frankie did not have the essence to exchange.
Shocking Soda was open but Electric Tonic was not open.
Please help me.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Dont worry this is not a bug. We are only able to get 1 Essence from this cruise which means we have to choose between Frankie or Francine. You have chosen Francine. Congrats. See Post 1 of cruise thread. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101385-The-Tale-Of-The-Mad-Doctor-2017-Oct-20

Yousejeong
11-01-17, 05:46 PM
Wow thank you. Thanks a lot has helped.
I really appreciate it. I hope you will always be filled with happiness. Thank you.

Rynetory2
11-01-17, 08:19 PM
Likewise to you and you are very welcome. :D