PDA

View Full Version : I think this is a sad game

Unregistered
08-18-10, 04:16 PM
What can you do with it other than look at it, really?

I mean, the only things that make money are the factories, unlike Farm Story where we can make money off trees and property and animals and even flowers. In City Story, why can't we profit from the businesses, gas stations, malls and schools (schools maybe according to our population)? There's just not much to do once you've expanded a few times other than tap a factory, select a product and wait. And wait. And then wait some more.

I feel like it's lifeless.

ahogan32343
08-18-10, 09:41 PM
I have played City Story for less than a week and have made enough money to build a very big city. Like with Farm Story you earn Monet by getting your neighbors to clean your properties. Each cleaned plot earns 20 coins each. You can visit like on the and send gifts. Both games are very similar and I love them both.

ahogan32343
08-18-10, 09:47 PM
I have played City Story for less than a week and have made enough money to build a very big city. Like with Farm Story you earn Money by getting your neighbors to clean your properties. Each cleaned plot earns 20 coins each. You can visit like on the farm and send gifts. Both games are very similar and I love them both. The more your city grows the more you can buy. I have a church,bank,library,hotel,cinema,fast food place,diner, and much more in less than one week.

Unregistered
08-19-10, 03:18 AM
Agreed, for the most part. The translation from 'Farm' to 'City' has rather confused the 'Story'. I am not giving up just yet but think I will pretty soon. Most people I visit have forsaken designing the best city they can with the awkward tileset and limited rotation options and just cram as many small buildings into their space to maximise cleaning revenues. When it gets to that point it may as well be a field of strawberries imo.

Unregistered
08-19-10, 06:24 AM
Agreed, for the most part. The translation from 'Farm' to 'City' has rather confused the 'Story'. I am not giving up just yet but think I will pretty soon. Most people I visit have forsaken designing the best city they can with the awkward tileset and limited rotation options and just cram as many small buildings into their space to maximise cleaning revenues. When it gets to that point it may as well be a field of strawberries imo.

You're right. In fact, I won't even bother cleaning the crammed-like-fields cities because I find them to be nothing more than a farm lot. I only clean the cities that actually look like cities. You know, the ones with parks and roads and some actual design going on? :)

The fun of creating your own city isn't just in the money making, it's in the beauty you can create. Once it gets to the point where all you want to do is collect your cleaning revenues by cramming and cramming to the point it looks like you're creating a farm rather than a town, it loses all appeal.

Blech!

Unregistered
08-19-10, 08:22 PM
You're right. In fact, I won't even bother cleaning the crammed-like-fields cities because I find them to be nothing more than a farm lot. I only clean the cities that actually look like cities. You know, the ones with parks and roads and some actual design going on? :)

The fun of creating your own city isn't just in the money making, it's in the beauty you can create. Once it gets to the point where all you want to do is collect your cleaning revenues by cramming and cramming to the point it looks like you're creating a farm rather than a town, it loses all appeal.

Blech!Thank you for not cleaning my crammed high yeild city you loser

Unregistered
08-19-10, 11:00 PM
Thank you for not cleaning my crammed high yeild city you loser

I'm not saying I agree necessarily with the poster above you but you have to say the one losing out is you, mate. :)