PDA

View Full Version : Help requested for constant crashing issue

bozotc19
10-26-17, 07:57 AM
I have an iPad air2 with 32gb....not unreasonable. However, I crash my game every 5 minutes which is incredibly annoying. Have very little else on it. Is there something I can do to make this problem go away? Thanks for any input.

Drangley
10-26-17, 08:08 AM
I have an Android, 16GB. Dragon Story - Mine started crashing now and then this last week, when there were 2 wheels to spin. Since the Dragon Tales event was added yesterday, I'm lucky if I can stay on DS to do anything. It crashes over and over as soon as it loads. If I'm lucky enough to do one task (send a friend gold), it crashes immediately after. Storm 8, Please HELP!

kooky panda
10-26-17, 11:01 AM
Make sure you close all applications running in the background on your Ipad to see if that helps.
Check your ipad and make sure you have the most current software update.
Make sure you have the most current version of the game installed.

AwesomeChefDad
10-26-17, 11:13 AM
I have an older ipad mini and the game wont even load, it starts and crashes...I might get it to load once a day and this has been going on for well over a month. I have the most current game version and nothing else running in the background.

Clark_Wayne
10-26-17, 11:16 AM
I have an iPad air2 with 32gb....not unreasonable. However, I crash my game every 5 minutes which is incredibly annoying. Have very little else on it. Is there something I can do to make this problem go away? Thanks for any input.
i have ipad air2 too with 128gb and i crash every 5 min too ;)
imo the problem doesn?t come from our device but how they coded their apps : too many data (especially with big lands like mine) from all the dragons and habitats we have. i don?t visit anymore because crashings are worse then. i can visit only small lands (level < 30)
i often delete the apps and re-install : crashes are less then
(i don?t try to play DS on my old ipad mini : crash immediately)

bozotc19
10-26-17, 11:21 AM
Appreciate the input. I run nothing in the background, only web browser. Have latest version. Anybody else have suggestions?

random59
10-26-17, 11:30 AM
Appreciate the input. I run nothing in the background, only web browser. Have latest version. Anybody else have suggestions?

It is not your device my iPhone 7 started crashing a month after I got it, go figure!

Athabasca55
10-26-17, 12:54 PM
I have a 6 year old iPad mini, and I can run DS ok but I can't visit too many islands above level 150, unless they have small amt of deco. A lot of islands with lots of deco just crash my entire app. However, islands at higher levels with little or no deco don't crash. Go figger.

But my Skeleking is still invisible despite repeated reinstalls, restarts and using a robust wifi. ��

kirby52
10-27-17, 10:53 AM
I have an ipad Air 2..with 64 gb...still running on ios 9.?.. Haven't updated for some time and I have absolutely no game crashing..
Heard there were game issues starting with ios 10.. Know a nbr that bought a brand new iphone with over 200 gb but it had ios 10.? On it and they had crashing issues too..

FireballFarm
10-27-17, 12:28 PM
I'm also on iOS 9 and do not have any of the crashing issues (thankfully, it sounds frustrating and horrible). I almost always have multiple apps open in the background and am nearly out of available space on my iPad (only about 3GB left), and neither are causing issues with the game.

CamileGame
11-03-17, 08:40 AM

I have iPhone6 it's not your device. Dragon Story crashes & must reload often. It crashes the same with my iPhone 5 & iPad. This is a bug that needs to be fixed. I know many players that have the same issue.

CamileGame
11-03-17, 08:48 AM
Make sure you close all applications running in the background on your Ipad to see if that helps.
Check your ipad and make sure you have the most current software update.
Make sure you have the most current version of the game installed.

DS crashing on iPhones has been an issue since I've been playing. It crashes on my iphone5, iPad & now my iPhone 6+ and my sons & neighbors iphone7. DS also crashes on my Android. I bet Storm8 has an open bug issue (software discrepancy report) on this ongoing issue. Can you find out which its under?

Thanks for your help

harobeda
11-03-17, 09:01 AM
I think the crashing started with bingo - that's how long it has been happening!

CamileGame
11-03-17, 09:03 AM
...most current version of the game installed.

Hi here is another "ongoing crashing" thread in Bugs & issues and I've seen many others. Perhaps we can get Storm8 to gather up details in hope of isolating & fixing this bug issue. Thanks

I've tested DS crashing & the same issues occur with a new iPhone7 with nothing installed except Dragon Story (well the firmware load from mfg/carrier lol) ...also had the same crashing issues.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98607-Dragon-Story-crashing-all-the-time&p=1466040#post1466040

CamileGame
11-03-17, 09:23 AM
I think the crashing started with bingo - that's how long it has been happening!

I agree crashing occurred much more often with the addition of Bingo. (Although DS crashed before that it was only a few times per day & it's both Android & iOS bug)

kirby52
11-03-17, 10:22 AM
I'm also on iOS 9 and do not have any of the crashing issues (thankfully, it sounds frustrating and horrible). I almost always have multiple apps open in the background and am nearly out of available space on my iPad (only about 3GB left), and neither are causing issues with the game.

You may start to run into problems soon..my older ipad had less Gb 32 And a diiferent processor I believe and it started with issues .When I got new Ipad air 2 it all ended..now I might have very brief periods where it freezes momentarily..good luck..hope things hold up for you too

nicsdragonisle
11-03-17, 11:18 AM
Air 2 / 128 I think (I have over 60 remaining) / v 10.3 and constant cashing for a LONG time now. Hardly visit nbrs anymore b/c I nearly always crash when I hit post so nothing registers anyway.
Seems we should be able to actually play this game with updated devices and software w/o problems but we've been asking for fixes for a very long time.

bythebeach1105
11-03-17, 02:35 PM

Agreed. This is when my issues started!!!

Retief
11-03-17, 08:36 PM
Based on my experience (Android only), RAM is a much more important factor than storage. As you level up and get more habitats and dragons, crashes will increase. At somewhere over level 100 DS was unplayable due to crashes on multiple 1 GB RAM Android devices. 1.5GB RAM device was still playable in the 180s, but some crashes had returned. 2GB RAM device has not yet had significant crashing [knocks wood]. Bingo did seem to add to the stress on the devices.

Rfs04
11-03-17, 09:42 PM
Based on my experience (Android only), RAM is a much more important factor than storage. As you level up and get more habitats and dragons, crashes will increase. At somewhere over level 100 DS was unplayable due to crashes on multiple 1 GB RAM Android devices. 1.5GB RAM device was still playable in the 180s, but some crashes had returned. 2GB RAM device has not yet had significant crashing [knocks wood]. Bingo did seem to add to the stress on the devices.

I have same experience on Android going from 1G to 2G ram. I run ok but as game data grows w all the bingo visits i need to delete game data more often cause game slows down or does odd stuff when DS internal memory reaches its limits...i get trickster popup, game is online, or inappropriate words or just booted. Then S8 adds so much more side games to mess w memory. They just don't get it.

When bingo started, thats when my 1G tablet gave up. I played older vers without bingo til they deleted it...why can't they leave a slimmed down version so people can make a choice...bingo or no crashing?

oxRoseHavenxo
11-08-17, 05:38 AM
I have an iPad mini and the game won't even open unless I delete the app off my iPad and then reinstall it. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
It's frustrating to have spent so much money and time building up my land, just to have it be almost inaccessible at the end.

AwesomeChefDad
11-08-17, 05:42 PM
I have an iPad mini and the game won't even open unless I delete the app off my iPad and then reinstall it. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
It's frustrating to have spent so much money and time building up my land, just to have it be almost inaccessible at the end.

Same...I am lucky if I can get it to load once a day trying 100 times.

Dimonhunter
11-22-17, 03:02 PM
HELP WITH SPIN TO WIN: Hello, anyone:
I need help to spin to win on my HP computer with Windows 10. I have used the up and down keys, which will spin but but when it stops there is no notification that I won anything. I have pressed the Enter key but still the Dragon Story Spin to Win does not tell me I won anything. I am missing out on many prizes I could be winning. I wished I had touch screen now. I don't have this problem on my Android phone because I can spin with my fingers and win prizes. Please advise. HELP!! Thanks

kooky panda
11-24-17, 03:21 PM
HELP WITH SPIN TO WIN: Hello, anyone:
I need help to spin to win on my HP computer with Windows 10. I have used the up and down keys, which will spin but but when it stops there is no notification that I won anything. I have pressed the Enter key but still the Dragon Story Spin to Win does not tell me I won anything. I am missing out on many prizes I could be winning. I wished I had touch screen now. I don't have this problem on my Android phone because I can spin with my fingers and win prizes. Please advise. HELP!! Thanks
I am sorry, but Windows 10 on a computer is not an approved device to play the games on, so you may experience issues with the games if you play on an unsupported device.

Dimonhunter
12-11-17, 10:12 PM
Ok, thanks Kooky.Hagn

harobeda
12-12-17, 12:09 AM
Updated my app today - still had 4 crashes within a few minutes.

oxRoseHavenxo
12-16-17, 12:47 PM
Since the update I have been able to play on my iPad mini with very few crashes. This is a huge improvement from having to uninstall and reinstall the game every time I played. Thank you!

giuarm24
12-16-17, 04:15 PM
Since we had the latest update I cannot access to the Invite tab anymore. When I push on it the game crashes. Any advice?

kooky panda
12-18-17, 10:04 AM
Since we had the latest update I cannot access to the Invite tab anymore. When I push on it the game crashes. Any advice?
This is a known issue. See Bug thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102329-Invitation-Bug-(iOS-only)&p=1478622&viewfull=1#post1478622)

raezid
12-29-17, 12:53 PM
Same here! I have 2 gig of RAM but since the last update Dragon Story won't stay open long enough for me to do anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and that has allowed me to get almost to the end of winter festival. However today, it crashes after loading all the ***k that pops up at the beginning. I will not be able to finish this event and if it isn't fixed soon, I will just delete the game.

metromiss
01-01-18, 05:42 PM
My game crashes generally when I visit either a neighbour or a community member. It is very annoying and sometimes it crashes when the spin is on and I don’t get my prize. It is so annoying it takes the fun out of playing and visiting neighbors or others a chore!