PDA

View Full Version : Habitat sharing

missbandette
10-24-17, 10:56 AM
I really hope there's not a thread like this already, it seems like a cool thread idea. I'm curious to see which dragons you all pair together in their habitats. I try to pair dragons that look good together, by color, or I keep them together in the event or tales that I received them from. Here are some examples of a few of mine... I have Blue Moon, Mistmoth, and Nightlight together in a shaded glen habitat. Duchess, Fortune Teller, and Spell in a forever glades habitat. Mama, Papa, Mother, Father in wondrous world habitat. If I have a pair of dragons I like together, I add one to be their "baby". Like Nightmare and Frightmare with Shooting Star as their baby, Lotus and Pink Lotus with Dark Phoenix is their baby. I used to be able to keep track of all my dragons, I knew every one of them and where each one was, I don't know why I can't remember them all anymore. I am slowly trying to rearrange them again and was hoping to get some good pairing ideas from my fellow dragon keepers. Thank you all in advance. :o

amerirish
10-24-17, 11:17 AM
In the past I have tried to keep my dragons & habitats all related....time travel/space types in the Interstellar Gateway, holiday themed dragons in holiday habs (like Candy Cane and Nutcracker in Winter Wonderland) but lately, I've been getting so desperate for space that I've been dropping dragons wherever I can fit them in order to sell off my old common habs to buy more 4 capacity habs. So far I've completely eliminated Yellow, Red & Green common habs and am working on Blue next. Maybe someday IF we ever get more land, I can go back to my old system :(

missbandette
10-24-17, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to lose my system of organization too. Kinda why I wanted to see which dragons people put where, maybe if I moved things around I could gain more than I have. I still have some room to work with. I quit playing awhile ago for about a year or a little more and when I came back I had a that whole upper land to expand to was the best! Don't mean to get off topic on my own topic.

harobeda
10-24-17, 12:31 PM
I try to keep tales dragons together in one habitat (ideally with the 4th one being whatever new one they introduced to bred during that week).

With the recent addition of grandma dragon and Little Monster dragons I switched around my personal favorite grouping to be in two habitats now (both Slumberland habitats). One is Mama, Papa, Incognito, and White Bengal. The other is Grandma, Auntie, Night Imp, and Little Monster. In my mind I think of them as a family with their pet tiger, and then the extended family next door. :)

I've had Mama, Papa, and Incognito together for a while - a screen shot of them together is my background photo on my phone. Including a "Snow Fort" decoration that has a couple of childlike dragons in a fort. And a "Sneaky tree" decoration with a childlike dragon peeking behind a tree. It's the one corner of my entire island that I keep decorations up. So far anyways... (insert shifty eyes towards the lack of land situation).

missbandette
10-24-17, 12:51 PM
I try to keep tales dragons together in one habitat (ideally with the 4th one being whatever new one they introduced to bred during that week).

With the recent addition of grandma dragon and Little Monster dragons I switched around my personal favorite grouping to be in two habitats now (both Slumberland habitats). One is Mama, Papa, Incognito, and White Bengal. The other is Grandma, Auntie, Night Imp, and Little Monster. In my mind I think of them as a family with their pet tiger, and then the extended family next door. :)

I've had Mama, Papa, and Incognito together for a while - a screen shot of them together is my background photo on my phone. Including a "Snow Fort" decoration that has a couple of childlike dragons in a fort. And a "Sneaky tree" decoration with a childlike dragon peeking behind a tree. It's the one corner of my entire island that I keep decorations up. So far anyways... (insert shifty eyes towards the lack of land situation).

Aww that sounds really cute! A lot of your favorites are mine too. I'm missing Auntie and Incognito though. :(

starship412
10-24-17, 01:50 PM
I can't find the post where I posted the picture of the "Pink" family but I have a habitat where I have the Papa Dragon, Mama Dragon and Tiny Dragon. I'm looking to do a Auntie, Uncle (if he's ever released) and Naga habitat then a Grandma, Grandpa, and Elder habitat.

Anaboe
10-24-17, 02:24 PM
I'm far too practical for beauty. When I still had the need for coins to clear out foiliage and land, I had my husband made a scipt that would calculate which dragon should be put with which dragon to have to most equal cumulation of coins in habitats. So that no habitat was overflowing, while others were only half way through.

Now I simply:
- never breed dragons I recieve from goals, unless there's a very good reason for it (I have over 350 dragons in storage as an egg, these are dragons I recieved in tournaments etc.)
- put special dragons (Olympus-, Cosmic- etc.) in their own type habitats
- put all color dragons in the most coin holding habitat (e.g. a red-black goes in a black habitat)

I have almost 800 dragons, and this way I always know in which habitat to look if I need to find one.

Furthermore, I have an excel-sheet, in which ALL dragons ever released are listed. I keep track of what dragons I have, when they were released, when I got them, how I got them, if they are limited and expired, what level they are, what the rarity is and what 'colors' they have.

This way I can easily find the dragon I need, if for bingo, I need a Music, or high lvl Olympus to fight in the arena.

I also have 3 red-habitats filled with Fire-babies. When the bingo asks me to feed or evolve, I always use one of my Fire-babies, so I can fullfil those tasks within minutes.

For keeping my Evolution Temples busy (to get boms for the mine, to get the crafting-dragon), I have 4 single-color habitats, where I put my long-time failed (preferably rare) breedings. This way I always have enough bombs, so I never miss the crafting-dragon. Plus, I trade the evolved dragons for gems, so I always have something like 99 gems of each color (more isn't possible). This also helps in the bingo: sometimes you get 150 bingo-points for crafting a large gem.

Last, I named every dragon the type name. E.g. Fire dragon's name is Fire, etc. This makes it easy to search for them, and keep track of which dragon I already put in my excel-sheet (I don't always have my sheet at hand when I get a new dragon).

Yes, it takes lots of time, but also: it ensures I win every second bingo, every Event, every Tournament, and even more than one Leaderboard.

missbandette
10-24-17, 04:17 PM
That is awesome!!! Thank you soo much for your reply! I had always wished to do something like that but I don't think I could pull it off. It really is a shame that there isn't room for a lot of us to place our dragons, especially with dedication like that!