PDA

View Full Version : Album

FieldsLikeB
10-21-17, 08:59 PM
Started making an album of all my dragons. It's taking a lot of time. But I don't want to lose the motors of all these creatures I've spent two + years collecting. I really have this odd fear that DS will disapear with zero warning to players at some point because someone decides itsvno longer lucrative. It is online based so there's no other way.

My question is what's the best way to keep such an album safe and usable?

FireballFarm
10-21-17, 10:59 PM
I use the Dragon Checklist (a feature that can be added to your profile on another site) to keep track of which dragons I have collected. Each dragon name is a hyperlink that takes you to that dragon's info page where you can look at all of it's growth stages and important stats.

The only issue I've had with the Checklist is updating. When you add the checklist to your profile it is up-to-date and includes every dragon in the game. But, after that, you have to manually add each new dragon to your master list, otherwise that dragon won't appear on the list and you'll have no way to check it off. It's not a huge deal, but with the frequency of events and new dragon releases, it can be a a bit of a PITA if you don't make a habit of regularly updating your master list. Or if you have OCD tendencies, as I do (especially in regard to lists and charts). :)

Even if the game disappears the other site definitely won't, so it seems a safe place to keep track of everything.

https://i.imgur.com/xDZl7yB.jpg

Arg! I need to update my list, lol! I see two dragons just in this shot I have neglected to check off.

MajicHearts
10-22-17, 05:33 AM
Hi! Sent you a PM. Will be waiting for your answer. Thanks!

The1stCaretaker
10-22-17, 03:35 PM
Shouldn't the point of the album in the game be to see what you have collected and not collected as well as the level? Why would they just not leave all dragons of the entire game in everyone's album, so everyone could see what they have collected? Not like that matters for me since I play on Android and is going on year 5 of coming soon

FireballFarm
10-23-17, 04:03 AM
Shouldn't the point of the album in the game be to see what you have collected and not collected as well as the level? Why would they just not leave all dragons of the entire game in everyone's album, so everyone could see what they have collected? Not like that matters for me since I play on Android and is going on year 5 of coming soon

The in-game Album is a hot mess. You aren't missing much, really. There is no way to sort the dragons by color, type, origin, or anything, and the dragons appear in random order. Some might be grouped together? Maybe? It's such a mess, it's hard to tell. Plus, there are like 900-some odd dragons in the game, but the Album doesn't include the sillouettes of the event/prize dragons that you have not won. So, everyone's counts are totally different. Weird. And worthless, and pointless.

I have 421 unique dragons, not counting the 18 Arctic ones (they have a separate Album in the Arctic). That number comes from my handwritten list in a notebook that exists specifically for listing my dragons and their evo times, the checklist shown a couple posts above, and a tedious by-hand count done a few months ago when I was trying to figure out why my Album numbers were so screwy. I'm confident in my total. But, the in-game Album says I have 411 out of 527 dragons. Whaaat, even??

And look at that fabulous "organization!" A Champ, a breedable hybrid, random event dragons, a mining dragon or two, all colors/types, just lumped together. Ugh.

MajicHearts
10-23-17, 04:54 AM
Hi! Sent you a PM. Will be waiting for your answer. Thanks!

Check your inbox for messages please...

FieldsLikeB
10-23-17, 03:24 PM
Check your inbox for messages please...

There is no private message.

MajicHearts
10-24-17, 09:47 AM
There is no private message.

Sorry, the pm was meant for FireballFarm.....

amerirish
10-24-17, 10:09 AM
I use an Excel spreadsheet for my dragons. I have their type listed top to bottom (Angelfire, Infinity, Crownprince, etc.) and across the top is their level, name, location, colors, evo time, status, habitat name & location on the island.

starship412
10-25-17, 09:14 AM
Can you send me the info please FireballFarm? I like that spreadsheet you have. Right now, I keep track on paper in a notebook.