PDA

View Full Version : Wendiglow - 2017 Oct 20

Rynetory2
10-20-17, 11:08 AM
Wendiglow - new creature
More information on Wendiglow (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100774-Fantasy-WIP-thread&p=1462040&viewfull=1#post1462040) in Creatures Guide.

Update:

Good news Everyone, the Wendiglow has been extended to Oct 31, 11am. :D

We have more time to try for it. I know I certainly do. Good luck to all! Congratulations to those who got it! :)

Starting this thread for you to discuss on this creature. :)

Element: Spooky, Dark
Rarity: Super Rare
Cost: 1,200 gems

Breeding & Hatching time: 8 hrs
Evolution time: 8 hrs

Wendiglow Egg 8 hours incubation

Pebblemist
10-20-17, 01:44 PM
Anyone know breeding time for Wendiglow or whatever it's called?

miadoubled
10-20-17, 01:54 PM
Anyone know Wendiglow time?? Fingers crossed🤞🏼

Eluzyion
10-20-17, 02:28 PM

grendel285
10-20-17, 03:08 PM
What breeding combination did you use for the wendiglow egg?

kadryca
10-20-17, 03:53 PM

What breeding combination did you use for the wendiglow egg?

fantasyomgloveitpewds
10-20-17, 03:56 PM

What combo???

Dollbabie89
10-20-17, 05:53 PM
Any suggestions for breeding combo for Wendiglow? Please

Rynetory2
10-20-17, 08:15 PM

Congratulations and thanks for the info! :D Added to Post 1 and Creatures Guide.

deadpixel
10-20-17, 09:52 PM
What combo???

It’s available in the store for 600 gems ;)

missKristel
10-20-17, 10:34 PM
The goal states which elements to use for breeding. You need to use Dark and Water.

AppieP
10-21-17, 12:16 AM
Trying for this result into a 42 hour breeding timer on my first try with Sapphire Sphinx and Yang:D

violetfarm105
10-21-17, 12:54 AM
Has anyone bred the Wendiglow? I know it’s Dark & Water. Just curious which animals you used to get it.

mypreciou83
10-21-17, 05:58 AM
Anyone breed this yet? If so what was your combo?

BNM11013
10-21-17, 07:56 AM
The goal states which elements to use for breeding. You need to use Dark and Water.

Hit the wrong button. We get what the goal line days to do and just breeding dark and water I've gotten chamelons and 2 Mercats... some combos work better than what the goal line suggests.

mypreciou83
10-21-17, 03:50 PM
How's it going with this guy, anyone get lucky yet??

Lisa0107
10-21-17, 07:01 PM
How's it going with this guy, anyone get lucky yet??

No luck here. Just mercats so far

mypreciou83
10-21-17, 07:52 PM
No luck here. Just mercats so far

Yeah I'm producing a nice amount of chromadiles but that's about it. Good luck to you Lisa

torfhoeken3
10-21-17, 10:44 PM
Trying for this result into a 42 hour breeding timer on my first try with Sapphire Sphinx and Yang:D

Congratulations, Appie!

missKristel
10-21-17, 11:28 PM
No luck so far :(

NannaSherry
10-22-17, 06:57 AM
Same here, 14 hr Mercats and 11 hr. Chromodiles. I've been mixing up various dark/water couples as so much of it is random luck, so I rarely stick with one specific combo. Especially if the animal is a super rare. Good luck everyone.

Alohatami
10-22-17, 09:16 AM
I'm in my third round of Skyger/Frostfang. No luck yet. If I don't manage to breed this one, I'll have absolutely no chance at earning the Familiar. I'm still holding out a small hope for that one, but at only 35% with just over 12 days left, I'm probably deluding myself into thinking that's possible.

sgr1953
10-22-17, 10:22 AM
Same here, 14 hr Mercats and 11 hr. Chromodiles. I've been mixing up various dark/water couples as so much of it is random luck, so I rarely stick with one specific combo. Especially if the animal is a super rare. Good luck everyone.

No luck with combos so far. I rarely get the animals in the time allotted. This time will probably be no different. If anyone comes up with a breeding combo I’ll give it a try.

AppleWhite84
10-22-17, 08:54 PM
So many Chromodiles, ugh! I really hope I can get this one.

fantasyomgloveitpewds
10-23-17, 12:09 AM
I can’t get it :(

Alohatami
10-23-17, 01:33 AM
I wish the fails were shorter. I just sped the last four hours of one along to start a new breed before bed, and got another 14 hour fail.:( It's so disheartening to get fail after fail on these breeding quests.

cherrycastleorchard
10-23-17, 02:31 AM
Impossible as usual, no wonder people are starting to hate this game. Getting the familiar also impossible when we don’t get what we are supposed to and they won’t fix it,

xXAthenaXxGDZ
10-23-17, 04:00 AM
Nothing but chromadiles :/

NazKat
10-23-17, 04:49 AM
Impossible as usual, no wonder people are starting to hate this game. Getting the familiar also impossible when we don’t get what we are supposed to and they won’t fix it,

Yep!! My familiar is only at 33% and I've been getting loooong breeds so I thought it would be higher. I couldn't breed the chi and seems like a no for this one. So sad :( I'm not going to get the steed either coz thats at 57%. Oh well. Guess I'll try for catypuss coz I don't have that yet. Good luck everyone!!

Elspethwood
10-23-17, 08:33 AM
Yep!! My familiar is only at 33% and I've been getting loooong breeds so I thought it would be higher. I couldn't breed the chi and seems like a no for this one. So sad :( I'm not going to get the steed either coz thats at 57%. Oh well. Guess I'll try for catypiss coz I don't have that yet. Good luck everyone!!

Catypiss? Is there a new limited animal? I don’t see anything new in my store.

NazKat
10-23-17, 09:15 AM
Catypiss? Is there a new limited animal? I don’t see anything new in my store.

Omg soo sorry. It's a typo. I've changed it now. Catypuss. Not limited as far as I know. Still showing I need one.

mypreciou83
10-23-17, 09:24 AM
I didn't even notice that until you replied hahaha love it.

Elspethwood
10-23-17, 10:11 AM
Omg! Lol hahahah. Anyway, tons of Chromadiles, I doubt I’ll get it.

Destiel0918
10-23-17, 10:24 AM
Got 40 hour fail while trying for Wendiglow - not even mad!

starship412
10-23-17, 10:30 AM
A limited time animal that will probably not come to my forest. As usual there's a parade of common fails - Chromodile being the latest.

Cranlink14606
10-23-17, 10:31 AM
Got 40 hour fail while trying for Wendiglow - not even mad!

I got 40 hour fail too. Only problem is I just got Opal Octopus recently.

Destiel0918
10-23-17, 10:45 AM

This is my first - so I'm very happy with it. I have tried for it for ages.

Elspethwood
10-23-17, 10:49 AM
Congratulations!

Destiel0918
10-23-17, 10:55 AM
Congratulations!

Thank you! Now I just have to keep trying for Wendiglow...so far I have not managed to breed single spooky element animal in this october:D.

Zamom72
10-23-17, 03:07 PM
This is my first - so I'm very happy with it. I have tried for it for ages.

Congrats! Opal Octopus is my white whale. Still no luck. I did get a 19 hr fail to receive an Aquafox. A first for me & so pretty. Also, it'seems another dark/water to use to try for the elusive Wendiglow.

Destiel0918
10-23-17, 03:17 PM
Congrats! Opal Octopus is my white whale. Still no luck. I did get a 19 hr fail to receive an Aquafox. A first for me & so pretty. Also, it'seems another dark/water to use to try for the elusive Wendiglow.

I agree- Aquafox is REALLY beautiful...

mysticalfairy320
10-23-17, 07:31 PM
So tired of breeding, I usually compete in lb but this is the first one I will not rank top 1 -2 ive only been 3rd twice by a minute to spare. I don't have the room and so many animals are in storage. I usually speed bread and show u the combo but not this time.

AppieP
10-23-17, 08:34 PM
I just got a 17 hour fail. The sea drake, which we need from the beginning for a goal. Finally I can complete this quest. Happy with this "fail".

Alohatami
10-23-17, 11:55 PM
Has anyone successfully bred a Wendiglow yet?

Maheks
10-23-17, 11:57 PM

Congrats your so lucky to have a 40 hour fail I'm on level 192 and have been trying for a Opal Octopus and have given up. I don't get any crystal animals even though I use different combo's. Game is getting boring when it comes to breeding. S8 have made it really hard. I've not read that one person has been able to breed the Wendiglow. Seems like it's only possible if puchased. Kinda sad when S8 are telling us it's breedable...

AppieP
10-24-17, 12:39 AM
Has anyone successfully bred a Wendiglow yet?

I think no ONE. Maby Eluzyion (egg post) or she bought it. Never heard someone successfully breed one.
It is breedable, why do we otherwise have a quest for it.
I agree it is really hard to get:(

jetghostwife
10-24-17, 06:34 AM
No luck for wendiglow, lots of speed breeding, two legendary that I did not have So I?m happy about that!

mypreciou83
10-24-17, 06:47 AM
This is crazy, no one has been able to breed this thing yet and I'm in a huge group plus this. Come on Storm8 don't do us like this

FieryAi
10-24-17, 09:19 AM
I just got my third crystal unicorn and no wendiglow. Make that fourth cu and no Wendi.

starship412
10-24-17, 09:41 AM
Wendiglow may as well be ultra rare.

BBHome20
10-24-17, 02:05 PM
I honestly don't think this Wendiglow is breedable.. have tried everything multiple times speed breeding and still NO WENDIGLOW 😭

Eluzyion
10-24-17, 02:43 PM
I think no ONE. Maby Eluzyion (egg post) or she bought it. Never heard someone successfully breed one.
It is breedable, why do we otherwise have a quest for it.
I agree it is really hard to get:(

Sorry guys I usually breed and give you guys combos, but since I was away I bought this one. I'd say if no one has bred it since Friday, they never set it as "breedable" which is not just an over-sight on their part, it's a waste of resources for all trying. S8 should have responded to this before now. It's been 5 days, that's ridiculous

mypreciou83
10-24-17, 05:57 PM
Sorry guys I usually breed and give you guys combos, but since I was away I bought this one. I'd say if no one has bred it since Friday, they never set it as "breedable" which is not just an over-sight on their part, it's a waste of resources for all trying. S8 should have responded to this before now. It's been 5 days, that's ridiculous

Don't apologize sweetie, it has to be an error on their end if no one has been able to breed it yet. And you're right Its a serious waste of resources, myself I lost over 130 gems And can not and will not buy more. I just hope something happens

Phoenix406
10-24-17, 06:18 PM
I have also been unable to breed the Wendiglow. I have mainly been trying on my second account, which only has 7 water/dark combo animals, plus, of course, Skyger and Frostfang. I am trying each combo methodically, and nothing has come of it yet. Almost exclusively getting Chromodiles, but also got a Mercat and a Chameneon. I would love to get an Aquafox fail as that is one of the few animals that I don't have on my main account yet.

Buttercup0001
10-24-17, 06:27 PM
If I get 1 more Chromadile I’ll scream :mad: so frustratingly annoying. I have only used Frostfang and Skyger as my breeding combo since the 1st day and still nothing, zilch but Chromadiles.

Phoenix406
10-24-17, 06:28 PM
Also, for those who may not know, the "Wendiglow" is obviously named for the mythical Wendigo or Windigo, a cannibalistic supernatural monster whose name means "evil that devours." So I'm not really sure how this adorable little deer was named for such a terrifying beast. Is there a glowing Wendy deer that I am unaware of?

MystiqueRealm
10-24-17, 06:52 PM
Also, for those who may not know, the "Wendiglow" is obviously named for the mythical Wendigo or Windigo, a cannibalistic supernatural monster whose name means "evil that devours." So I'm not really sure how this adorable little deer was named for such a terrifying beast. Is there a glowing Wendy deer that I am unaware of?

Very interesting! I didn't know that, you're right it's too pretty for evil I thought ghost lol

AppleWhite84
10-24-17, 07:06 PM
I haven't been able breed it either. Mostly Chromodiles, but I did get a Sea Lion which I didn't have.

5h3llyg1rl
10-24-17, 08:06 PM
Wendiglow, Breeding combo?????

mypreciou83
10-24-17, 08:13 PM
Starting to just give up. After speed breeding 130+gems worth I ended at 4 18 he freezels. Im done something has to be wrong here, I've been non-stop breeding since day 1 and nothing.

SabaDilla2
10-24-17, 08:14 PM
I am NEVER able to breed a quest animal, but usually other players are. A handful usually breed one on their first attempt. I seriously think they failed to make this one breedable or SOMEONE would have bred it by now! I have tried non-stop on both accounts with no luck. Looks like everyone is in the same boat with me. HELP! I'm sinking and I can't get out! lol

stellasfairyland
10-24-17, 09:37 PM
Non-stop with about 100 gems spent for speeding. Nothing. No one reported success here either. I second it being unbreedable.

Zamom72
10-24-17, 10:36 PM
I am NEVER able to breed a quest animal, but usually other players are. A handful usually breed one on their first attempt. I seriously think they failed to make this one breedable or SOMEONE would have bred it by now! I have tried non-stop on both accounts with no luck. Looks like everyone is in the same boat with me. HELP! I'm sinking and I can't get out! lol

I'mean with you. I have a VERY small handful of quest animals I was able to breed/win. While I wish everyone the best of luck here, I'm glad to know I'm not alone on this one. It. also gets so frustrating when you see everyone breed on 1st & 2nd try when you're trying non-stop for days. Ugh. But I am happy for you all, really. :-)

federerGOAT
10-25-17, 12:38 AM
Woohooo!
Fianlly got it in one of my account using dampire bat and frost fang.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39260

Alohatami
10-25-17, 02:04 AM
Woohooo!

Congrats! Glad someone finally got it. I'll try that combo next. Unfortunately, I just started a new breed and got another 11 hour fail. I haven't been keeping accurate track of just how many gems I've spent on this October event, but I feel like I may as well have been throwing them out the window.

MystiqueRealm
10-25-17, 02:24 AM
Woohooo!

Congrats! I guess they finally read this forum, at least we know it's breedable now

xXAthenaXxGDZ
10-25-17, 03:51 AM
I got an 8 hour breeding time with chameneon and chromadile! I hope its a wendiglow!

Screenshot_20171025-055135.png

Well that didnt work lol..oh well

Hughsdaddy
10-25-17, 06:50 AM
Freezel and Swan Princess!

Rynetory2
10-25-17, 06:53 AM
Woohooo!

I got an 8 hour breeding time with chameneon and chromadile! I hope its a wendiglow!

Wow finally some hope after a long draught and a huge Congratulations to both of you!! :D:D Great job, you should feel very proud of your newborn. :)

Can you post the feeding schedule when you know? Thanks in advance!

@xXAthenaXxGDZ - See How To A Post Photo On The Forum (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum)

Rynetory2
10-25-17, 06:56 AM
Freezel and Swan Princess!

Welcome to the forum! And congratulations to you too! :)

Good luck to the rest of us who are still trying!! Hopefully I can get one too!!

rsmhummer
10-25-17, 07:44 AM
I also finally got the wendiglow with Jade Kirin and Pearl Peyton.. Good luck to all,,

FieryAi
10-25-17, 08:22 AM
I was trying and trying with water/dark hybrids, got nothing. So I thought to breed my rarest water and rarest dark. And now my egg nests are full of crystal unicorns! That makes six if I keep all of them.

SabaDilla2
10-25-17, 08:26 AM
Congrats! Glad someone finally got it. I'll try that combo next. Unfortunately, I just started a new breed and got another 11 hour fail. I haven't been keeping accurate track of just how many gems I've spent on this October event, but I feel like I may as well have been throwing them out the window.

I've tried that combo of dampire bat and frost fang (once before the post about winning with it and once following the post) both times it resulted in 18 hr fail times. Good luck.

FieryAi
10-25-17, 08:37 AM
Ichabod Crane and Sea Lion scored me one!

Alohatami
10-25-17, 10:20 AM
I've tried that combo of dampire bat and frost fang (once before the post about winning with it and once following the post) both times it resulted in 18 hr fail times. Good luck.
I decided just to be random, as I don't truly believe that just because a combo works for one person means that it will work for someone else. I just did a Typhoon Tiger with a Sea Lion and got another 11 hour fail. I did get the Candy Horn at the beginning of the month, and the Honey Bear for the story book, but the Familiar is just to far out of reach.

Delyla02
10-25-17, 11:49 AM
Isn't it an interesting coincidence that once we started to cry "foul", that no one had been able to get this in 5 days, suddenly, it becomes breedable?? I find that a little fishy. I spent 400 gems trying to breed it. (I know you are thinking, why not just buy it if you are going to spend that much. But breeding gets me bombs to expand, and treats towards the familiar) I just wish I had waited until now. If I started that speed breeding now, I would probably have gotten it. Oh well. Lesson learned the hard way. Can't buy any more gems this month. (and I don't know if I would anyway. I'm a little mad) If they do this again at Christmas, I won't bother trying for the animal until I see that people are actually getting it. I feel a little like I was tricked into buying a bunch of gems that were never gonna get me the animal. It would be different if everyone was getting it and I was just unlucky. But that isn't what happened.

stellasfairyland
10-25-17, 11:51 AM
Isn't it an interesting coincidence that once we started to cry "foul", that no one had been able to get this in 5 days, suddenly, it becomes breedable?? I find that a little fishy. I spent 400 gems trying to breed it. (I know you are thinking, why not just buy it if you are going to spend that much. But breeding gets me bombs to expand, and treats towards the familiar) I just wish I had waited until now. If I started that speed breeding now, I would probably have gotten it. Oh well. Lesson learned the hard way. Can't buy any more gems this month. (and I don't know if I would anyway. I'm a little mad) If they do this again at Christmas, I won't bother trying for the animal until I see that people are actually getting it. I feel a little like I was tricked into buying a bunch of gems that were never gonna get me the animal. It would be different if everyone was getting it and I was just unlucky. But that isn't what happened.
Ditto

The thing that gets me is that there is no acknowledgement, no apologies, nothing from storm8 for millions of (guessing) of their loyal customers to waste 5 days of their anxious/frustrating participation. That’s just sad.

NazKat
10-25-17, 01:51 PM
I've tried that combo of dampire bat and frost fang (once before the post about winning with it and once following the post) both times it resulted in 18 hr fail times. Good luck.Same here, I just got an 18 hour. Had sea drakes and chromodiles. Sooo annoying.

Alohatami
10-25-17, 02:38 PM
Maybe it's a good thing I keep failing on this one. That way, come the end of the month, I'll still be so far from the Familiar that I'll be less mad/ disappointed that I didnt get it, than if I missed it by only a little bit.

ginerp
10-25-17, 03:48 PM
I too just got one. I used sea lion and frost fang.

Phoenix406
10-25-17, 06:56 PM
No luck for me yet. It seemed like a couple people were having luck with Sea Lion, so I tried it.

Rynetory2
10-25-17, 07:24 PM
Update:

We have more time to try for it. I know I certainly do. Good luck to all! Congratulations to those who got it! :)

mysticalfairy320
10-25-17, 08:09 PM
Thank you it worked! 39318 39319
After over 800 gems, yes I spent more but got the witches familiar out of it, I got it!

AppieP
10-25-17, 08:40 PM
Update:

Oh wow that's great. Will the goal line also be extends? Hope I get it in time....

Alohatami
10-25-17, 10:38 PM
I just got one... another 11 hour fail. :P
*sigh*

fantasyomgloveitpewds
10-25-17, 11:15 PM
Ugh I hate chromadile. Hate is a very strong word.
I wish for a Wendiglow this instant!! Please

shooshemc
10-25-17, 11:48 PM
After several days and a dozen Chromadiles, I am ready to give up. It has been at least 6 months since I have successfully bred any event animal. Now, I have to try to breed 2 animals (Wendiglow and a Seamus)....both have a limited time. This game has become an exercise in futility where events are concerned.

Maheks
10-26-17, 01:39 AM

I totally agree S8 have read all the comments and then changed the Wendiglow to breedable. It's not a coincidence that suddenly some players have been able to breed the Wendiglow now. They've wanted us to use our gems and purchase it but as all of us have been complaining now it's breedable.

AppleWhite84
10-26-17, 02:21 AM
Thank you, S8, for the extended time. I have had no luck breeding this animal but I at least have a little hope now that others are getting it.

Congrats to those who were able to get it! My Sea Lion is still a baby so I can't use it at the moment but will switch to using it after I evolve it. Good luck everyone!

ginerp
10-26-17, 04:27 AM
So I looked at the egg I had wrong. I have not gotten this one. Add me to the crowd who can't seem to ever breed limited time animals. I see a goal for one and think welp, might as well give up on this event.

AppleWhite84
10-26-17, 05:46 AM
A Sea Drake and another Mercat for me. I wish I didn't have such long fails. I don't really want to use my gems to speed breed when there's no guarantee I'll get it. And I think I'm too far behind to get the Witches Familiar. Sigh :(

kiliankiki
10-26-17, 06:32 AM
Thank you, S8, for the extended time. I have had no luck breeding this animal but I at least have a little hope now that others are getting it.

Congrats to those who were able to get it! My Sea Lion is still a baby so I can't use it at the moment but will switch to using it after I evolve it. Good luck everyone!

I've been breeding with ichabod crane amd sealion. 4 days straight, chromodile. One aquafox. Will be using that from tomorrow, as it's currently evolving. Now tried ichabod and dampire, and getting another chromodile. If I don't miss out on the zodiacs, I can't breed the limited time animals. Try finishing storybooks, only to miss out on the big prize by a day or 2. Comunity events etc...... nope. Unless I start spending real money, buy another nest and evolution flower and literaly speed up everything as soon as it starts, I don't see myself winning any real big prize. I can't play every second of everyday as there is realy not that much to do. I had my heart set on the wendiglow. Guess I'm out of luck.

Rynetory2
10-26-17, 08:05 AM
Oh wow that's great. Will the goal line also be extends? Hope I get it in time....

Can you check your game? It shows that it ends on the same day in mine.

dextrin05
10-26-17, 08:52 AM
Can you check your game? It shows that it ends on the same day in mine.

The ghostly guide goal ends in 6 days but the traveler's treats goal ends in 5 days in mine. Why it's not ends in the same day?

jj75scafe
10-26-17, 10:40 AM
I've tried nearly all the combos spent so much money to get more gems and all failed with 11 hrs. I think I've had enough of fantasy forest now it's costing me to much. Storm8 is making it deliberately to hard so you have to spend more. Not happy not fun any more!!!

missourijan
10-26-17, 10:46 AM
I didn't get the Chupacabra despite massive spending so what is the point of even trying. I know the outcome.

missourijan
10-26-17, 10:47 AM
I've tried nearly all the combos spent so much money to get more gems and all failed with 11 hrs. I think I've had enough of fantasy forest now it's costing me to much. Storm8 is making it deliberately to hard so you have to spend more. Not happy not fun any more!!!

I couldn't agree with you more

starship412
10-26-17, 10:57 AM
The Cromadile parade continues no matter what I put into the den. I'm sick of commons in both FFS and DS. I speculate the reason for the common streak is because I spoke up about issues in DS and the algorithm for my game has been tampered with but it's only a theory and I'll give it another 2 weeks til I really say something.
I'm hoping I get Wendiglow because it is a nice creature and I only have 1 Spooky type animal in Starship Isles - Horseman's Steed.

Phoenix406
10-26-17, 11:12 AM
I never know if I should share my successes (more like luck) as I don't want anyone else to feel discouraged, but I do share in hopes that maybe I have info that will help someone else. When I woke up this morning, I had things (including a Seamur) waiting to be hatched and an animal ready to come out of the evolution flower. I bought a small boost and got to work. I didn't keep an exact count, but I used approximately 200 gems doing speed breeding for the Wendiglow. This was on my baby account, which only has a limited number of animals to work with, so it wasn't quite so overwhelming. I bred Skyger with each of my dark/water animals one by one with no luck. Then I started down the list using Frostfang as the main parent, and finally got Wendiglow using Frostfang and Chameneon. While I had my boost activated, I also fed my Seamur the 50 times and then fed the Wendiglow up to level 10, so now I have completed the Leaderboard milestones (I'm still not a contender to get the deer, though), completed the Wendiglow goal, almost completed the Scorpio goal, and now I am at 94% for my Witch's Familiar and 97% for my Sorcerer's Steed. I also have 15 bombs ready to find me some runes! Unfortunately, I'm sure that I earned more than 15 bombs during my speed breeding, but I didn't take time to use them before I went over the limit, so I probably missed out on a number of runes, too. :(

My main account was unable to obtain the Candy Horn or the Chihuacabra, so there is really no point in trying for the Wendiglow there. I am only at 34% on treats but 97% on Tricks. I'm not sure if it's worth using an entire habitat space for just one animal (Sorcerer's Steed) since I don't have any other spooky animals on that account, unless I win the Jackallanturtle - whatever it is called.

So keep trying! You might get lucky. On Dragon Story I did a final "hail Mary" breeding for the Little Monster dragon and got it just in the nick of time. Not soon enough to gather the Treats for it, but at least I got a super cute little dragon out of it.

Eluzyion
10-26-17, 11:25 AM
I never know if I should share my successes (more like luck) as I don't want anyone else to feel discouraged, but I do share in hopes that maybe I have info that will help someone else. When I woke up this morning, I had things (including a Seamur) waiting to be hatched and an animal ready to come out of the evolution flower. I bought a small boost and got to work. I didn't keep an exact count, but I used approximately 200 gems doing speed breeding for the Wendiglow. This was on my baby account, which only has a limited number of animals to work with, so it wasn't quite so overwhelming. I bred Skyger with each of my dark/water animals one by one with no luck. Then I started down the list using Frostfang as the main parent, and finally got Wendiglow using Frostfang and Chameneon. While I had my boost activated, I also fed my Seamur the 50 times and then fed the Wendiglow up to level 10, so now I have completed the Leaderboard milestones (I'm still not a contender to get the deer, though), completed the Wendiglow goal, almost completed the Scorpio goal, and now I am at 94% for my Witch's Familiar and 97% for my Sorcerer's Steed. I also have 15 bombs ready to find me some runes! Unfortunately, I'm sure that I earned more than 15 bombs during my speed breeding, but I didn't take time to use them before I went over the limit, so I probably missed out on a number of runes, too. :(

My main account was unable to obtain the Candy Horn or the Chihuacabra, so there is really no point in trying for the Wendiglow there. I am only at 34% on treats but 97% on Tricks. I'm not sure if it's worth using an entire habitat space for just one animal (Sorcerer's Steed) since I don't have any other spooky animals on that account, unless I win the Jackallanturtle - whatever it is called.

So keep trying! You might get lucky. On Dragon Story I did a final "hail Mary" breeding for the Little Monster dragon and got it just in the nick of time. Not soon enough to gather the Treats for it, but at least I got a super cute little dragon out of it.

Congrats! I love hearing others successes, I'm over here cheering you on!! You will need the Arcane Arbor habitat because Sorcerer's steed is a single ghost element it needs the ghost habitat. There will be more chances to get ghost animals too :)

Dollbabie89
10-26-17, 11:32 AM
I got Wendiglow today with a LvL 5 Arcane & LvL 4 Chromadile. Hope this helps someone

Phoenix406
10-26-17, 12:03 PM
Thank you, @Eluzyion!

I bought the Arcane Arbor on my newer account which has the Scarecrow Treent and Candy Horn and Wendiglow, so there will be room for a Sorcerer's Steed. :) But on my main account, I will only have Sorcerer's Steed. But you're right, I better buy the habitat while I can because they will probably release more ghost animals, if not now, next year!

torfhoeken3
10-26-17, 01:03 PM
I have never been able to (speed) breed as many freezels as in the past few days - really ridiculous. I just want one Wendiglow, was not able to breed any of the other ones, so the cat is definitely not in the books for me, but this animal looks so cute...

Phoenix406
10-26-17, 02:14 PM
If you get a chance, look at Wendiglow and Libra next to each other. *eye roll emoji* I mean, I knew they were similar, but *that* similar? Basically the same animals without the stars on his antlers.

Elspethwood
10-26-17, 02:26 PM
If you get a chance, look at Wendiglow and Libra next to each other. *eye roll emoji* I mean, I knew they were similar, but *that* similar? Basically the same animals without the stars on his antlers.

I immediately noticed the same. Honestly, I’m a bit disappointed because it seems like they are not putting much effort into creating original creatures.

mypreciou83
10-26-17, 05:27 PM

First off ALWAYS share your success with us. It gives us hope.
And thank you very much for the advice, Ive been using every combo I can think of and nothing. I did what you did and used Frostfang first and bred from there and finally got it with Hoppour! Thank you so much!

Rynetory2
10-26-17, 05:47 PM
The ghostly guide goal ends in 6 days but the traveler's treats goal ends in 5 days in mine. Why it's not ends in the same day?

The goals end according to expiry of the respective events which they were tied to, e.g. Spooky October 2017 and Twilight Woods.

Queenkedia
10-26-17, 08:05 PM
Any suggestions for breeding combo for Wendiglow? Please

Breed skyger with dampire bat
Breeding time is 8hr

Queenkedia
10-26-17, 08:26 PM
Has anyone bred the Wendiglow? I know it’s Dark & Water. Just curious which animals you used to get it.

Skyger & dampire bat

Janineytor
10-27-17, 03:55 AM
I've been trying since the Wendiglow event started and got only Chromodiles and a Chameneon.
Today I finaaally got 7:59 Breeding time with a Frostfang and a Dampire Bat.
Fingers crossed it'll be a Wendiglow!

Good luck for everyone else trying to breed it! 😊

AppieP
10-27-17, 04:35 AM
I've been trying since the Wendiglow event started and got only Chromodiles and a Chameneon.
Today I finaaally got 7:59 Breeding time with a Frostfang and a Dampire Bat.
Fingers crossed it'll be a Wendiglow!

Good luck for everyone else trying to breed it! 😊

What else could it be :p. Congrats. I will breeding with the same combo lather. Now breeding with Frostfang and Yang.

Alohatami
10-27-17, 09:10 AM
I am so sick of Chromidiles I just want to scream!!!!!!

BBHome20
10-27-17, 09:55 AM
i am so sick of chromidiles i just want to scream!!!!!!

ditto!!!!!

Destiel0918
10-27-17, 10:40 AM
I have not been able to breed a single october limited animal. This time I have managed to breed THREE ULTRA RARE animals...but not this animal I actually need...

Mistyjones60
10-27-17, 08:14 PM
What level were your animals that you breeded?

poofyena
10-27-17, 08:25 PM
I too have failed to breed any limited animals this time. Plenty of super rares but nothing needed for the event.

BBHome20
10-27-17, 08:44 PM
FINALLY after way too many tries I got an 8 hour timer w/ Frostfang and Dampire Bat... it better be the Wendiglow 😂

Alohatami
10-27-17, 11:37 PM
Frostfang and Dampire Bat isn't working for me. :(

Rynetory2
10-27-17, 11:42 PM
Frostfang and Dampire Bat isn't working for me. :(

I have tried most if not all combos listed here but didnt work for me. Sad face, I really wanted this one! :(:(

Good luck to you and others!

Alohatami
10-28-17, 01:29 AM
I have tried most if not all combos listed here but didnt work for me. Sad face, I really wanted this one! :(:(

Good luck to you, too. :) I think I said it earlier - I don't believe there is any magic to a particular combination. These most recent posts have further cemented my belief that it is just luck, though sometimes I wonder if there are different levels of these "random" algorithms, because some people certainly do seem luckier than others, lol.

cherrycastleorchard
10-28-17, 01:58 AM

Me too

Zamom72
10-28-17, 07:45 AM
Ichabod Crane and Sea Lion scored me one!

Congrats!!!! Finally people are scoring the elusive Wendiglow! There's hope for us all!

Zamom72
10-28-17, 07:46 AM
I am so sick of Chromidiles I just want to scream!!!!!!

I could fill all of Florida with all my Cromidiles!! Ugh!

liesl23
10-28-17, 08:14 AM
I really want the Wendiglow, I have tried Ichabod Crane the last couple of days and didn't get it and now I have switched over to Frostfang and Dampire Bat and I have an 11 hour timer :( My Frostfang is only level 4, do I need to level him higher or should I keep trying with this combo or what?

Destiel0918
10-28-17, 08:20 AM
I really want the Wendiglow, I have tried Ichabod Crane the last couple of days and didn't get it and now I have switched over to Frostfang and Dampire Bat and I have an 11 hour timer :( My Frostfang is only level 4, do I need to level him higher or should I keep trying with this combo or what?

It actually doesn't matter at all. Stop concerning yourself over which combos to use or which level animals should be. The truth is - it is just a pure luck - like playing a lottery. Anyone can win - on first try - if they are lucky....if they just have dark/water elements. If they are lucky - they get it. others try the same combo for weeks - and will NEVER get it. It is JUST pure luck. Some people say - Oh, this is good combo - worked for me". Truth is it is pretty much the same as asking lottery winner: What their winning numbers were - they may or may not work for you at all. Just use dark/water - and you have equal chance to get it - chances are same for everyone.

Zamom72
10-28-17, 09:27 AM
No Wendiglow yet, but all my failures are making me a winner. I just scored Nightmare & am #1 spot on my Leaderboard. If I can hold on for a few more days, at least I'll get the pretty deer for my suffering. :-)

Maheks
10-28-17, 09:46 AM
Me too

Same here not going to get this one.....
I've given up to avoid dissapointment.
Not going to use gems

honoroll321
10-28-17, 12:21 PM
This is crazy, no one has been able to breed this thing yet and I'm in a huge group plus this. Come on Storm8 don't do us like this
I agree cause I haven't gotten it either-- our things are totally rigged like it NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH BREEDING definitely!!😡😡😡😡

honoroll321
10-28-17, 12:24 PM
congrats!!!! Finally people are scoring the elusive wendiglow! There's hope for us all!
boom pow!! Mind blown!!🦄🌋

missourijan
10-28-17, 01:55 PM
well I am done. spent all I could. Nothing but fail after fail. same thing as the first animal chupicabra or whatever it was. seriously. why try.

liesl23
10-28-17, 01:56 PM
ok, thanks Destiel0918 :)

Buttercup0001
10-28-17, 02:11 PM
They say persistence pays off. Well I have persistently bred different combos of dark and water and my persistence has NOT paid off. Starting to feel this Wendiglow won?t be in my forest (very very sad face)

Destiel0918
10-28-17, 02:14 PM
Well, I haven't managed to get a single october animal yet - no cat for me...but I got the horse...
Still trying for Wendiglow until the last minute though....perhaps I manage to get some ultrarare I DON't have already....
Weird - I have breed THREE ultra rares trying for this animal.....but not the one super rare I need...

Destiel0918
10-28-17, 02:26 PM
ok, thanks Destiel0918 :)
Good luck!

It just saves the time and stress if you don't worry about "magic combo - there really isn't one"...
I remember when I started playing 2,5 years ago...and I was so worried about " what if I don't have combo"....I wasted two years...trying to get my crystal unicorn with "certain combo"....( since I saw it on forum it had worked for someone - and I didn't get it...)...Gave up...and then randomly got it with literally any other combo...

Lisa0107
10-28-17, 06:56 PM
I have tried NON stop to breed a wendigo and also the chicabura thing too. The only time I did not was when I had to breed the honey bear for the story book. I have gotten neither of them. How can my odds be so bad? It's been days and days of trying for nothing. I will get the steed since I completed all events but the witches familiar is nowhere in sight. I don't understand why S8 makes it so hard to breed animals

AppleWhite84
10-28-17, 09:40 PM
Still no Wendiglow for me either. Trying non stop. 1 Freezel, 3 Mercats, and a ton of Chromodiles.

MystiqueRealm
10-28-17, 10:38 PM
I'm only getting high breed times so not able to breed as much, still no wendiglow

Rynetory2
10-28-17, 11:36 PM
Good luck to you, too. :) I think I said it earlier - I don't believe there is any magic to a particular combination. These most recent posts have further cemented my belief that it is just luck, though sometimes I wonder if there are different levels of these "random" algorithms, because some people certainly do seem luckier than others, lol.

Thank you and you too! :) Aye I believe it's random and pure luck. Just trying my luck with the "lucky combos" I guess but Lady Luck is not smiling on me. Well back to more trying and chromadiles lol.

Mistyjones60
10-29-17, 05:29 AM
I'm only getting high breed times so not able to breed as much, still no wendiglow

I am giving up I have tried everything and all I get are chromidiles, chameneon, or monsoon maromat

reechi310
10-29-17, 09:05 AM
I've tried every combo multiple times as well and if I get one more freezel or chromadile I'm going to scream 😩 I thought I was going crazy but it looks like everyone's having difficulty. Why have these limited challenges with no successful outcomes? I don't get it.

I honestly don't think this Wendiglow is breedable.. have tried everything multiple times speed breeding and still NO WENDIGLOW 😭

cherrycastleorchard
10-30-17, 12:13 AM
I've tried every combo multiple times as well and if I get one more freezel or chromadile I'm going to scream �� I thought I was going crazy but it looks like everyone's having difficulty. Why have these limited challenges with no successful outcomes? I don't get it.

You are right though it is only breedable for a few. I cannot get it and I can’t even get a seamur now that I have given up on other. Stupid game

AppieP
10-30-17, 01:37 AM
Finally right on time probably. Got a 8 hour timer with Frostfang and Dampire Bat after countless times. Need to speeding if I want the treats. But with the treats at 35% it's useless.

KaywinnetteLee1
10-30-17, 03:13 AM
I have tried EVERY dark & water combo I have and no wendiglow. Seriously- what are the odds with this thing?

MystiqueRealm
10-30-17, 04:31 AM
Still no luck here either :(

tuffyjkitten
10-30-17, 07:14 AM
Every dark water animal paired up and nothing. Last try with 16 hrs left got me something with an 18 hr timer. Not bothering to speed and try again. All 11 and 14 hr fails for me otherwise.

sgr1953
10-30-17, 07:29 AM
You are right though it is only breedable for a few. I cannot get it and I can’t even get a seamur now that I have given up on other. Stupid game

Once again I have failed getting another limited time breed. It is so frustrating using all possible combos and not getting anything. I wish S8 would do away with these type of challenges. How do we express our frustration?

GreytMom
10-30-17, 09:51 AM
I also tried CONTINUOUSLY, not stopping for anything else since I had a Seamur, and no luck. Very frustrating.

julesh11
10-30-17, 10:11 AM
I have tried many combos and no luck either. Why do they have this quest and then make it unattainable? I had that problem with the Rainboa and wanted it so bad that I bought it. MORE MONEY in their pockets!!!!

KaywinnetteLee1
10-30-17, 12:38 PM
There should be a poll to see how many people actually got the this critter. This is ridiculous. When we have the quest which requires breeding with a chromadile- I can?t breed one to save my life.

5h3llyg1rl
10-30-17, 12:50 PM
There should be a poll to see how many people actually got the this critter. This is ridiculous. When we have the quest which requires breeding with a chromadile- I can?t breed one to save my life.

I agree 100%! This is absolutely ridiculous!!!
There are very few that have gotten this, I mean what?!?!
That’s all I’ve tried to breed since it started and all I’ve gotten is freakin
Chromadiles!!!

starship412
10-30-17, 03:32 PM
Hey Rynetory, have you had any luck with Wendiglow yet? I'm rooting for you!

starship412
10-30-17, 04:37 PM
21st Chromadile. Ugh. Wendiglow may as well be ultra rare and the goal may as well fall by the wayside.

Clark_Wayne
10-30-17, 08:29 PM
I also tried CONTINUOUSLY, not stopping for anything else since I had a Seamur, and no luck. Very frustrating.
seamur ? are you sure you used the right breeding combo ? it says dark and water, so you should only get chromadile meercat moonsoon or any dark-water animals not seamur (water-nature)
i got it couple days ago with kirin-sapphire sphinx (after xxx chromadiles !)
and my baby account got it yesterday with frostfang-skyger (after lot more chromadiles!)

AppleWhite84
10-30-17, 10:26 PM
The Wendiglow, chihuahua and Sorcerer's Steed were the three animals I wanted most and I didn't get any of them :(

cherrycastleorchard
10-30-17, 11:44 PM
I have tried NON stop to breed a wendigo and also the chicabura thing too. The only time I did not was when I had to breed the honey bear for the story book. I have gotten neither of them. How can my odds be so bad? It's been days and days of trying for nothing. I will get the steed since I completed all events but the witches familiar is nowhere in sight. I don't understand why S8 makes it so hard to breed animals

Cannot believe that you can play for a whole month and only get 27% towards the stupid cat. No wendiglow and no seamur, probably won?t get the steed either this game has gone from bad to worse real quick. Hating this game now. No more of my hard earned money for you.

cherrycastleorchard
10-30-17, 11:47 PM
Once again I have failed getting another limited time breed. It is so frustrating using all possible combos and not getting anything. I wish S8 would do away with these type of challenges. How do we express our frustration?

No point because they don?t listen or care

little_leopard
10-31-17, 12:10 AM
So I never write on these forums but I feel like I have to now because I am so mad. I have had no luck (as usual) breeding the candy horn, chichihuacabra and I thought I would be without the Wendiglow aswell. But then I surprisingly managed to breed one like 10 hours before the leaderboard ended. I was in the top in my leaderboard and had to focus on getting the place that I want and didn?t notice until there was 1 and a half minute left of the event that the Wendiglow goal that you received 4200 treats from expired 30 seconds before (!) the leaderboard! I had looked at the wrong Wendiglow goal (as there was two: one to recieve treats and one to recieve leaderboard points). So I was in a panic trying to speed up my Wendiglow and as it was on the nest with 5 seconds left the game got a set back I think it?s called and I missed my 4200 treats :( I just don?t understand why they would put the goal to so close to the leaderboard ending. If it would have been 10 more hours (as the other Wendiglow goal, which I?m also confused by why it didn?t end at the same time as the leaderboard since the reward is leaderboardpoints) I would?ve gotten my treats. Maybe I?m being too petty but I had worked so hard for that Wendiglow so I could get the treats and then I still didn?t get them in the end.

judyandthecat
10-31-17, 12:44 AM
Cannot believe that you can play for a whole month and only get 27% towards the stupid cat. No wendiglow and no seamur, probably won?t get the steed either this game has gone from bad to worse real quick. Hating this game now. No more of my hard earned money for you.

For the kitty which I wanted I am at 35 percent ....sigh tried right to the end but never bred any of the October animals.

Oh well I have no comment.

MystiqueRealm
10-31-17, 12:49 AM
For the kitty which I wanted I am at 35 percent ....sigh tried right to the end but never bred any of the October animals.

Oh well I have no comment.

I didn't get wendiglow either and it only has 10 hours left, the witch's familiar has 4 days so hoping I can still get it, I hope

Rynetory2
10-31-17, 04:04 AM
Hey Rynetory, have you had any luck with Wendiglow yet? I'm rooting for you!

Awwww you are so sweet! I belong to the "0 Wendiglow" club. My battalion of Chromadiles will join yours. Hope you got yours! :)

Sakrysta
10-31-17, 07:59 AM
No Wendiglow on any of my three accounts despite steady Dark/Water breeding since the day it was announced. I am hugely disappointed.

Destiel0918
10-31-17, 09:18 AM
Got it literally on the very last 30 seconds during leaderboard....I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 8 hours timer. Didn't get the treat bonus though:(.....but I'm happy I got at least one limited animal.

Alohatami
10-31-17, 10:31 AM
Lol. I still have 30 minutes to hatch a Wendiglow, and earn 150 leaderboard points! Yet the quest to earn the tricks is gone. Seems like they got that one a little backwards.

Adding: After I posted the above, I had the opportunity to try one last time for a Wendiglow, so I did. Unfortunately, yet another Chromidile is brewing in my breeding den. This game would be so much more fun if things weren't so freaking hard to get. Challenging is good. Impossible is not. Lucky for Storm8, I'm fairly invested in my forest, at least for now. But, if November is as impossible as October, I don't know if I'll want to continue. :(

JaedensIsle
10-31-17, 10:41 AM
Dampire Bat and Witches Familiar gave me a wendiglow after 5 times of speed breeding the last 30 minutes of the clock for wendiglow. Good Luck!!