PDA

View Full Version : Eerie Dearie Leaderboard Oct 17 2017

random59
10-16-17, 02:06 PM
Leaderboard starts 17. 10.

Interesting, I was expecting a Tales!

... Should be Eerie Dearie Leaderboard, and my photo won’t upload.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39031

starship412
10-16-17, 02:09 PM
Interesting indeed. Gives me a chance to save even more food. Hopefully it'll give the developers a chance to improve the storyline and tasks for the Tales.

heyyou0123
10-16-17, 02:10 PM
So quick I thought we should have event tale up next seen we just have leaderboard then world event... 39030

random59
10-16-17, 02:15 PM
I personally can’t wait for the dragon with the scythe and that doesn’t appear to be one of the main prizes!

random59
10-16-17, 02:17 PM
Kooky Panda, can you edit the title for me please!

Done (KP)

nicsdragonisle
10-16-17, 02:17 PM
Leaderboard starts 17. 10.

Interesting, I was expecting a Tales!
As was I. Am wondering if a tournament or Spin to Win is also coming? My video bonuses disappear nearly every time and return after the events. It's quite uncanny.

starship412
10-16-17, 02:55 PM
As was I. Am wondering if a tournament or Spin to Win is also coming? My video bonuses disappear nearly every time and return after the events. It's quite uncanny.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that, lol...

Clark_Wayne
10-16-17, 02:56 PM
a bigger screen cap ;)

humm spooky-purple-green and spooky-egypt ?

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39031

cat_chick10
10-16-17, 03:39 PM
Ooooh I want that witch one. (Too bad I won't be able to get enough points to get it)

FireballFarm
10-16-17, 03:51 PM
Neo Witch and a TP'd Egyptian.

Pass.

FireballFarm
10-16-17, 03:57 PM

I usually have ads available during tourneys, but they don't reduce the Arena time. But, as soon as the tourney is over, the "bug" disappears. It sure is uncanny.

It's now been a year since the Arena cool down bug was first reported and it still isn't fixed.

JustKay
10-16-17, 04:47 PM
Neo Witch and a TP'd Egyptian.

Pass.

Looks like it could be mummy priestess. The base looks similar to the priestess which was a previous leaderboard prize. I wonder if it could be Egypt & Tarot/mystic(?) type. Maybe the first triple special type! If they throw in Spooky too

Hopefully the trophy this time will be full sized, instead of half-height. Maybe they had to split the trophy budget this month on two leaderboards >_<

savage_mel
10-16-17, 05:10 PM
Oh great! Another leaderboard. May the person with the most money win🙄

Incredibly annoyed right now. We just had a leaderboard. I need every last point tomorrow toward the community event so there's no way I could even set myself up to get a good start😡

starship412
10-16-17, 08:03 PM
I'm actually kind of glad the next event is Leaderboard. For the first time ever I'm looking forward to a Leaderboard because I don't have to hatch any dragon I win as I'm pressed for habitats and land, for me, comes slowly.

JustKay
10-16-17, 09:49 PM
Incredibly annoyed right now. We just had a leaderboard. I need every last point tomorrow toward the community event so there's no way I could even set myself up to get a good start😡

Interesting observation. It would make sense for S8 to reset the ordering of events with World Events preceding Leaderboards for this very same reason. People will be able to prepare less for the leaderboard since their nest & roost will be active. To be honest the LB points spin wheel makes any prep-work relatively irrelevant anyway, unless u are in a group where everyone doesn't log in frequently and so few spins are actually made by competitors.

NeidusBluetip
10-17-17, 08:25 AM
I'm actually kind of glad the next event is Leaderboard. For the first time ever I'm looking forward to a Leaderboard because I don't have to hatch any dragon I win as I'm pressed for habitats and land, for me, comes slowly.

(whoops, sorry Kooky!)

Same here. I busted my butt at the last minute for the last Leaderboards and topped at 1st place. A million food less in my stock after that one, so I'm very happy to not go anywhere near this one. The Egyptian Mummy costumed dragon is cute, but unless I really DESPERATELY desire the 1st prize in LB events, I'm just going to do them casually from now on. I find I get WAY too stressed out now, which doesn't occur in any other daily game I play...

sophiensissi
10-17-17, 09:45 AM
I'm going camping with 15 Girl Scouts this weekend so no wifi and therefore no leaderboard for me. Good luck to all of those who play!

deadpixel
10-17-17, 02:02 PM
Oh great! Another leaderboard. May the person with the most money win��

Aaaannnnnd they're off!!! ... Over at the Leaderboard in my group, moneybags #1 is at 6000+ and moneybags #2 is just a nose behind at 5800+.

The rest of us have barely started.

DR0G0N
10-17-17, 02:27 PM
I'm kinda glad that I didn't purchase the Mummy dragon, since it's here. :D And I actually like the Witch dragon more than Neo Witch since Neo is just a copy of the Witch and I prefer originals. So yea, looks like a good one for me, but my group isn't really moving...rank 1 is only 256 points atm. I tend to rely heavily on those high scorers to reach the milestone.

Let's see how this rolls out~

luckyaa7
10-17-17, 02:31 PM
Aaaannnnnd they're off!!! ... Over at the Leaderboard in my group, moneybags #1 is at 6000+ and moneybags #2 is just a nose behind at 5800+.

The rest of us have barely started.

My group leader has over 7000. Oh well, i guess i will just stock on my food!

KNOBWARS
10-17-17, 03:33 PM
I guess I should be thrilled that the top player in my leaderboard is still just under 4000. :)

The rest of us have no more than 1/7th of that. :) No thanks. I'm going to pay my mortgage this month. ;)

Nuicakes
10-17-17, 03:50 PM
The last leaderboard was a bit traumatizing for me. 12 hours in and one player had 2,000+ while everyone else was under 200.

THIS leaderboard has me a little nervous ... everyone is around 100. I have a feeling everyone (except me) is quietly setting up their game and tomorrow they'll be in the thousands while I'm at 200.

starship412
10-17-17, 04:14 PM
All the folks in my LB group, have at it because if I get 1st or 2nd place it'll be by accident. I'm not too crazy about neo witch (already got regular Witch) and the Egyptian dragon that look like it's a victim of a horrible toilet paper prank.

Dragons involved:

Banshee (White, blue) (Rare) 2800 points - Already have from a previous Tales
Mummy (Egypt, purple) (Rare) 4800 points - Bought this during the Egypt dragon sale
Witch (Purple, green) (Super Rare) 5400 points - Luckily I bred this last year
Neo Witch (Spooky, purple, green) (Super Rare) 6000 points - Not crazy about Neo dragons and wish this trend would stop
Miss Mummy (Spooky, Egypt, purple) finish 1st or 2nd - not going to battle for this one

cherrycastleorchard
10-17-17, 04:39 PM
No sure I will even bother with the lb that should not be, obviously more money made off lb than tales. At least this time I do not have to play against myself. They should put all the players that have every trophy in the same group and watch them try to outspend each other. They would make a fortune. There is a player in my second account that does and she always sits back until the last few hours and then will put on 30000 or 40000 points so no one can beat her. They should stop encouraging players to spend more than they really can afford on their credit cards. Such a shame the game has gone this way and they have wrecked the whole month for most people who really want the end prizes.

FieldsLikeB
10-17-17, 05:46 PM
I'm sitting this out other than to breed on e atva time and keep the one nest filled I'll be breeding for little monster until I get it. I've come in 1 or 2 the last three LBs but will not spend a penny on a second leader board. I am a senior and I budget for the beging of the month LB so if they're no longer doing it then I'll be rarely in LBs looks like. Luckily I've got all but the Last two dragons. Happily I'll have enough food on hand for the next tales.

Chrysara01
10-17-17, 06:52 PM
If you want to craft the Skelequeen dragon, then we really have to do these leaderboards whether we like it or not because unlike SkeleKing, it's one of the very few ways to gain more treats towards crafting Skelequeen.

RhodryMaelwaedd
10-18-17, 12:34 AM
Very slow group so no chance of getting the cute witch dragons :(

pernmagic
10-18-17, 03:14 AM
Have the first two dragon prizes so ain't bothered ......will play but not impressed

Phoenix406
10-18-17, 12:12 PM
All the folks in my LB group, have at it because if I get 1st or 2nd place it'll be by accident. I'm not too crazy about neo witch (already got regular Witch) and the Egyptian dragon that look like it's a victim of a horrible toilet paper prank.

Dragons involved:

Banshee (White, blue) (Rare) 2800 points - Already have from a previous Tales
Mummy (Egypt, purple) (Rare) 4800 points - Bought this during the Egypt dragon sale
Witch (Purple, green) (Super Rare) 5400 points - Luckily I bred this last year
Neo Witch (Spooky, purple, green) (Super Rare) 6000 points - Not crazy about Neo dragons and wish this trend would stop
Miss Mummy (Spooky, Egypt, purple) finish 1st or 2nd - not going to battle for this one

Can you please explain to me what, exactly, "Neo" dragons are, and also why you don't like them? Is it just a recoloring of a current dragon?

FireballFarm
10-18-17, 11:04 PM
Can you please explain to me what, exactly, "Neo" dragons are, and also why you don't like them? Is it just a recoloring of a current dragon?

Neos are Recolors are different.
A recoloring is just that: the exact same dragon, just colored in differently.

http://i.imgur.com/6bfVw9N.jpg

A Neo dragon is an existing dragon that has been redesigned in the "New Style" currently preferred by the dragon design staff. All Neos usually have the same face and they often the lack the unique design characteristics that made their original forms so special. They started with redesigning the single-color dragons and have now moved on to making Neo versions of our old hybrids.

A couple Neo hybrids and their original forms:

http://i.imgur.com/eJ3aM0M.jpg

The original, single-color dragons vs. their cookie-cutter Neo counterparts:

http://i.imgur.com/yuV7Oiu.jpg

Sorry about the image quality on some, esp. Neo Green and Neo Blue, these were the best images I could find. :)

Phoenix406
10-19-17, 12:41 AM
@FireballFarm Thank you so much for the information and your time in posting this. 😊

DR0G0N
10-19-17, 02:57 PM
Huh...interesting, I didn't know they made Neo dragons for the single color types. But anyways, yea, originals definitely looks better and speaks more loudly about the dragon. All the Neos, though looks nice, but lack characters or features that represent the dragon's identity.

Thanks for posting the pics, it was very interesting to see the huge difference between the dragons side by side.

harobeda
10-19-17, 05:26 PM
For what it is worth, I like having the Neo dragons of a single color type. Good for breeding purposes - especially for the rare times I can run two nests. But the Neo bubble and Neo bride I don't care about (though I do think the Bride dragon is ugly).

cat_chick10
10-20-17, 12:27 PM
For what it is worth, I like having the Neo dragons of a single color type. Good for breeding purposes - especially for the rare times I can run two nests. But the Neo bubble and Neo bride I don't care about (though I do think the Bride dragon is ugly).

I agree. I've concocted a plan to get some diamond dragons from the Neo Diamond since It's not working out for me. Not too concerned about getting Neo Witch, though. It looks cool but there's no way I could do it without some gold

cherrycastleorchard
10-22-17, 10:53 PM
Where is everyone?

starship412
10-23-17, 01:38 PM
I've got no chance to finish 1st and 2nd but maybe there's a chance I could get the last milestone today. Here's hoping the whales in my group carry me to the finish line of 6K. Still not too crazy about the Neos but I'll take the Neo Witch and keep her in storage, lol.

saghaven
10-23-17, 02:25 PM
I don't know what happened with this one but I'm nowhere near the last milestone. I may not even make it to the second to last. I had way to many commons and short breeding times for hatching while evolutions took up lots of time.

starship412
10-23-17, 02:43 PM
I don't know what happened with this one but I'm nowhere near the last milestone. I may not even make it to the second to last. I had way to many commons and short breeding times for hatching while evolutions took up lots of time.

I had a lot of commons too. I thought I was the only one to see a parade of commons being spit out in this Leaderboard. Heck, I got my 20th Mist being made in the breeding den right now.

I know, S8, I know - Algorithms are "not adjusted" during events - I got it.

Oh and, by the way, I don't like the Neo types because they lack the creativity of the original dragons.

JustKay
10-23-17, 04:17 PM
Neos are Recolors are different.
A recoloring is just that: the exact same dragon, just colored in differently.

https://i.imgur.com/6bfVw9N.jpg

A Neo dragon is an existing dragon that has been redesigned in the "New Style" currently preferred by the dragon design staff. All Neos usually have the same face and they often the lack the unique design characteristics that made their original forms so special. They started with redesigning the single-color dragons and have now moved on to making Neo versions of our old hybrids.

A couple Neo hybrids and their original forms:

https://i.imgur.com/eJ3aM0M.jpg

The original, single-color dragons vs. their cookie-cutter Neo counterparts:

https://i.imgur.com/yuV7Oiu.jpg

Sorry about the image quality on some, esp. Neo Green and Neo Blue, these were the best images I could find. :)

Good job answering the questions with diagrams and all. Saddens me a bit to see all the newer dragons looking more generic. They're all conventional dragon-like, when a lot of the old ones really were creative and oddball at times. They're still beautiful designs, just nowhere near as adventurous as before.

Florr06
10-23-17, 10:33 PM
Are the Neos really a replacement for the original ones, though? I mean, for Goblin and Bubble it would make sense, but why would "Neo Red" and Neo Yellow" be a redesign of the original Fire and Air? Wouldn't they be Neo Fire and Neo Air in that case?

Den8137259
10-24-17, 05:10 AM
FireballFarm, ty for the fabulous pics (: ★

I think the Neos are just rehashs, aimed to create a perception that there's new dragons all the time ★

S8 launched the Prime series, then the Neos and more of such laters ★ still they're not fixing the land- and habitat-locks ★

Den8137259
10-24-17, 05:19 AM
Back to the leaderboard discussion, how is everyone doing? ★

From my end, the first rank is 20k points, after spending 2 yellow boosts and not moving much after ★

Could I understand from players here if getting Gold trophy mattered for some players? And are you okay to being placed second rank? ★

DR0G0N
10-24-17, 10:40 AM
Well for me, I just thought it would end 30 minutes later, so yea...my fault on my end. I had things ready to go for the finish line, could've reached the 2nd place, but a miscalculation on the time.

Anyways, not too butt hurt about it, not at all actually since my goals were Mummy and Witch dragon, didn't reach the Neo witch (once again, could've, but didn't, not a big Neo fan anyways). I miss out on some major points for the Skelequeen, but then again I still have many days to get the last 5k treats, so yea, I'm A OK.

And no, I don't care about the gold trophy b/c there's no room to place it. XD (actually I still have plenty of lands, but I'm just preparing for the inevitable future).

I almost forgot about the leaderboard too, but I will talk about that on that thread.

Phoenix406
10-24-17, 11:26 AM
Came in 1st on my baby account and 5th on my main account. Happy to see those maps and apples. :)
Edited to add, it seems so weird when my baby account can't even reach the milestones, but still manages to get the main prize. I only got 3635 points, so I got as far as the Banshee dragon, but no milestones after that.

Den8137259
10-24-17, 03:29 PM
I see more boosts used by several players to reach 6k for the milestone-guaranteed prizes, and occasional boosts to stay as lead of pack ★

Congrats to those who won the main prize (: ★

cherrycastleorchard
10-24-17, 08:25 PM
Well for me, I just thought it would end 30 minutes later, so yea...my fault on my end. I had things ready to go for the finish line, could've reached the 2nd place, but a miscalculation on the time.

Anyways, not too butt hurt about it, not at all actually since my goals were Mummy and Witch dragon, didn't reach the Neo witch (once again, could've, but didn't, not a big Neo fan anyways). I miss out on some major points for the Skelequeen, but then again I still have many days to get the last 5k treats, so yea, I'm A OK.

And no, I don't care about the gold trophy b/c there's no room to place it. XD (actually I still have plenty of lands, but I'm just preparing for the inevitable future).

I almost forgot about the leaderboard too, but I will talk about that on that thread.

This is the leaderboard thread isn’t it?

DR0G0N
10-25-17, 03:04 PM
This is the leaderboard thread isn’t it?

LOL, my bad, I was talking about the tourney thread. XD

Huera1958
10-27-17, 01:37 PM
Ok, any suggestions for the ENCHANTRESS DRAGON yet...???