PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

pixiegamer
10-08-17, 12:47 PM
Hey all,

This thread (and poll) is to gather feedback regarding the 15-day goal timers - do you think the timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Unlike the goal-related feedback polls, this poll is staying open indefinitely, and respondents only get one (still anonymous) vote each. Please feel free to vote above and share your comments here. Your feedback is greatly appreciated :)

twospoons
10-08-17, 01:55 PM
I vote, purely self-interestedly, for remain the same. I feel badly for newer players who can't finish, and certainly those who can't play because they've lost access because of hurricanes. But if the only updates we're going to get are goals, then I don't want them to come less frequently.

Obviously, my huge assumption is that s8 wouldn't make the duration longer but keep the same frequency. If they were okay with that, and just have the next goal start while the current goal has a few days left, I'd vote for that. But I believe there would be a lot of complaints.

joolie12
10-08-17, 02:41 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the chance to give feedback. In past years, we would have reasonable goals that could be accomplished in 1-2 weeks which was nice. Occasionally, we would have a smaller mid month goal but it was random- sometimes we had them and sometimes not.

Recently, the goals seem extremely excessive in the quantities needed to be cooked.
Most players are not "full time Restaurant Game players". Many players have real jobs, need to work overtime, have family and children responsibilities, are students with exams and many are people with illnesses or health issues. Yes, there are probably extreme players who devote every minute to this game, but I don't think it is the majority.

Sometimes, mostly recently, I think you feel it is necessary to keep us busy cooking non-stop until the next goal- but I doubt that is a real need for most. I actually enjoy choosing the foods I cook and when I cook them- so please do not feel you need to keep us busy- most of us are busy enough😄

My real timing concern today deals with these extra foods to cook for an extra, not required prize. I can't believe 40 servings of candy corn cupcakes??! Is that a typo? Don't get me wrong, they are my favorite Halloween food--BUT that is 40 batches at 4 hours each= 160 cooking hours for 1 food. That is like 1 oven working 4 workweeks nonstop!! (4x40 hrs/week) I think that is too much for me!! Plus, I started to cook them early and none of those are reflected in my inventory!! Ditto with the 3 dishes that expire 10-19- I started to cook them right away and none of my dishes counted until I reached that milestone in the game. So, I had to cook more candy corn pizzas, etc which did not make me real happy. The inventory counters are not working properly which is causing us to cook more- maybe keep them locked until we get can actual credit.

Timing wise,
1) Definitely keep the major monthly goal (a definite week each month, like years ago, would be nice).
2) Reduce the number of dishes required for the extra prize to be more realistic.
3) Get the inventory counters fixed - they started to act up with the Moon goal thus summer

Those would be major improvements.

I love the fun decor you have this year and am happy to have a Halloween goal. Thanks for all of your efforts!! They are appreciated!! 👻🎃joolie🎃👻

LIDA3209
10-08-17, 03:55 PM
I think we should keep th goals at 14-15 days BUT the side goals take much to much time. We should be given an additional 14 days to complete them. That makes 14 days for the new goal and 28 for the side goals. Some of us start them sooner then others they still take alot of time for all of us,

GeorgieMutt
10-08-17, 04:34 PM
Depends on the goal. If you need say 15, to 20 parts to build and only cook say 10 -20 dishes. No problem. When you need 40 parts, gotta cook 45-55 dishes and have side goals! Nah, too much to do, too little time. Too many of the new players don't finish and then stop playing.

It's no fun if you don't win.

So the poll doesn't cover this nuance so I didn't vote.

jinjw
10-08-17, 07:53 PM
They need to be longer, or have less parts and quantity needed to be complete. Working plus life makes it so last goal I got in 9 hours before it expired....

Angelhealing
10-08-17, 11:01 PM
Longer for sure. I've been playing nearly 24/7 for 3+ yrs., 1st time posting in forum. I was very frustrated over the summer or whenever I want to leave town for the weekend because just 1 or 2 days away from the game meant I was not able to complete goals. Further, if you really want to evolve the game to a new level, it should be more dynamic and able to give players a challenge more suited to their level. For example giving lower level players more time and players working on mastering that didn't join until years after it started. Also, I'm not a rat, I won't pay or click away just to get a reward, I have other duties in life. If you want me to buy gems then please put a confirm button on all functions. I won't buy them so long as they are being stolen from me, that's the bottom line. Thanks for this much needed poll.

shjzo
10-09-17, 07:43 AM
Yes. Longer for sure.
I read the similar thread on bakery story asking the same question and what people said. Can anybody tell me how people are capable of finishing goals in 1 week after the 15 days counter started with only 2 ovens? Not without using gems, right? I can't imagine how and I tried myself.
I only finished one goal in time with barely 1 hr left, sometimes even losing sleep to get the recipes done. Goals keep expiring on me and locking away items and recipes for good. Can't put the game away for a day or two without that happening. How's that any fun?
Not for me, i'm sorry.
Need more time for that. Longer. For sure.

GeorgieMutt
10-09-17, 11:01 AM
Yeah, longer for sure if you gotta cook over 200 dishes for a side goal! That's nuts.

Lilliepaddd
10-09-17, 11:24 AM
I don't see why it can't be done in 2 weeks! I'm on my second stove second recipe and I've been so busy with Canadian Thanksgiving...I can see longer for the side goal, especially if you have to cook more recipes now.

tatermaters
10-10-17, 06:35 PM
Longer. We have lives

SBDOVER72
10-11-17, 03:46 AM
HERE'S AN IDEA...

1.) Keep the 2-week Main Goals the same
2.) Start the Side Goals after the duration of
the main goals
3.) Reduce the # of the new parts needed
for goal ovens, stoves, etc.
Ex. - if 3 parts are required, make it so
that there's 6 of each part needed.
4.) Use older parts related to the theme of
the new goal.
Ex. - this past goal, parts could've
included older related themed
parts some of us have collecting
dust in storage

***** Just my 2 cents ! *****

AnnirasSweets
10-11-17, 04:08 PM
I've just come from the BS forum and voting on this exact issue. In that thread pixiegamer laid out a timeline plan and the issues many face with the current plan that I thought made a lot of sense. Perhaps they could copy and paste it here as I think it's relevant in RS also, not just BS.

I'm level 99 and have been playing for years so I am always able to complete the goals in the time given, but I admit it's not conducive to relaxed playing. I prefer having the option to go on about my day without having to worry if one of my recipes will expire or if I'm falling behind in a goal. I also think that if they only offered one month long goal, perhaps the team at S8 would be able to focus on creating truly new content.

I'm always glad to see anything new in my games so I don't really mind recycled content too much, but I know it irks a lot of people and maybe a longer goal time would cut back on this. I love these games and will continue to play them and complete the goals regardless of time, but it would be a much better playing experience for me if it were more relaxed.

Jojocl141587
10-11-17, 07:28 PM
I've just come from the BS forum and voting on this exact issue. In that thread pixiegamer laid out a timeline plan and the issues many face with the current plan that I thought made a lot of sense. Perhaps they could copy and paste it here as I think it's relevant in RS also, not just BS.

I'm level 99 and have been playing for years so I am always able to complete the goals in the time given, but I admit it's not conducive to relaxed playing. I prefer having the option to go on about my day without having to worry if one of my recipes will expire or if I'm falling behind in a goal. I also think that if they only offered one month long goal, perhaps the team at S8 would be able to focus on creating truly new content.

I'm always glad to see anything new in my games so I don't really mind recycled content too much, but I know it irks a lot of people and maybe a longer goal time would cut back on this. I love these games and will continue to play them and complete the goals regardless of time, but it would be a much better playing experience for me if it were more relaxed.

I personally like the two week goals it makes it so the game doesn’t get too boring waiting around for two or three weeks for a new goal for those of us who complete them in the first week or so. I think a good compromise would be to extend the goal time to three weeks and have a monthly update where they bring in new non goal related content. I think that’s fair.

AnnirasSweets
10-11-17, 09:05 PM
I personally like the two week goals it makes it so the game doesn’t get too boring waiting around for two or three weeks for a new goal for those of us who complete them in the first week or so. I think a good compromise would be to extend the goal time to three weeks and have a monthly update where they bring in new non goal related content. I think that’s fair.

Yes, I agree. As I noted, PG posted a proposed monthly plan of sorts as a suggestion and I believe it was basically this:

Week 1 - 30-Day Goal
Week 2 - Side Quest for LTO
Week 3 - "Regular" Update
Week 4 - Sale

I think that most players would be amenable to this set up as it offers longer goal time but without ages of wait time for those who have already finished. I'd recommend reading the original post in the BS thread of the same title as PG also offers a list of issues and proposed fixes.

Pixiegamer, sorry for quoting you without showing your entire post but my cell doesn't like this forum so much so I'm limited as to what I can do. If it's a problem, feel free to delete.

Edit (Pixie) - no worries :) you're good!

niinariccii
10-12-17, 12:33 AM
Agree with joolie12. And vote for "longer" please, as there are way too many dishes to cook for side goal and that takes a lot of time!

Sallyrobinson1971
10-15-17, 03:28 AM
Longer

j3dfarm
10-16-17, 02:19 PM
My opinion is the current length allotted for goals is just right. Longer goal times would equate to boredom for me. I am happy with things as they currently are.

kayjco
10-20-17, 10:34 PM
If you want to keep new players, they need to be able to do the goals. With the high coin limits and short times, not to mention requiring so many parts, the newbies just cannot do them. So they quit.

It's bad enough that they can't get old goal items & recipes, then they can't get new ones.

pcabral03
10-21-17, 12:38 PM
I dislike the 14 day time limit. As others here have said on work time other commitments and rushing them which spoils game enjoyment.
Not everyone can do them in a week plus side tasks. Longer is better, even if 21 or 22 days.

I like it as was before too and mentioned above by alot players 1 monthly goal, 1 New decor Update, 1 sale or LTO quest spread out. :)

Ura0
10-25-17, 11:38 AM
I think you should go back to 30 days. It gives people who have a very busy life time to finish it. I was very upset that I was unable to finish the Halloween goals as that is my favorite holiday.

Bechic
11-02-17, 07:45 PM
I have been playing for years and thse short goal times are impossible to complete.

Angelhealing
11-09-17, 08:36 PM
OMG, Why are they doing 14 day goals during busiest time of year? So basically if I go anywhere I will not be able to achieve goal nor will I have time if I stay home because getting ready for holidays. I'm very upset about this & I'm feeling like this is maybe a time to stop playing for good now, after near daily playing for 4 yrs. It is an addiction I will admit, but one that's easy to break when I get fed up. Wish they would hire back everyone they fired &then get rid of the current management.

eeveldoll
11-09-17, 09:07 PM
I voted Longer but have not had the time to express my thoughts. So after the past few weeks (months?) where the goals from RS and BS are running simultaneously even if they started a few days within each other, here goes:-

After the BS acorn goal was launched, I knew that we would be getting goals from RS soon after the BS one was released, and I was right. I am also tired of the back to back goals, especially since it's only 15 days. How hard can it be to just rewrite the codes to change it to 21 days? or 30 days? Have a sale / update in between? And the mini goal can also be done within the 30-day time frame, maybe towards the end of the goal month. Right now, there really isn't enough time to gain back the coins after doing goals unless I adopt the "pen" layout and ruin my resto's look.

It's getting harder to redecorate without almost on the brink of going broke. The items aren't exactly cheap either and I'm speaking as a level 99 player with roughly 15 mil+ as of now. Of course I haven't been around as long as the others and my resto/bakery is still pretty small compared to a lot of other players.. Reason being, the more you expand, the more you will have to spend when you redecorate. And I do like redecorating. I also find it really calming to just sit and watch the customers eat your food in your restaurant that you've decorated to your liking.

The gem dispenser should be available for purchase too, so that we don't have to cook 100 mill of food to get gems and then wait forever for the food to finish. Either that or make it like a goal for us to unlock it. I personally wouldn't mind cooking loads of food if it means getting the gem dispenser without a goal timer! Just like the gran-gran goals. AND also have the opportunity to purchase more if we want to. And it's fair to those who have never gotten the watch vids for free gems option.

On the gifting aspect.. if only there's a search button, or alphabetically categorised, or some sort of order that have been suggested by a LOT of ppl.. but nope. And the gift back button hasn't been fixed until today. There's no option to "select all" for mass gifting.. not everyone has the time to be stuck in front of their devices and scroll through 1000 pages of disorganized parts/food and gift their great neighbours individually. I find that to be very VERY stressful because I want to help my neighbours but it's really, REALLY annoying. It's really a shame because I feel like RS and BS have a lot of potential with a lot of loyal adult players who are willing to spend real money to play these games.

I just sometimes feel like it's really pointless to say anything. The whole Suggestions thread seems to be just there for show. A lot of players have pretty good and efficient ideas to make the game better but it seems to be ignored. Why have it there in the first place then?

Sometimes I feel like I need a vacation from my games instead...

blueangel826
11-18-17, 09:53 PM
15 days is not long enough for most people! Requesting parts to build the appliances can take days since I've always done 6 of each to accomplish goals. And now with the side goals that I know are optional, but I try to complete to get the older items awarded. They are very costly & feel like a full time job! And if you're sick & not able to play you can't complete the goals in time frame given. PLEASE RECONSIDER GOING BACK TO 30 DAY GOALS with small things between for those who play all day!

Francys08
11-21-17, 12:07 PM
I agree that 15 days is not enough time to complete a goal. We should have at least 24-30 days to complete the goals. The side goals could be 10-15 days to have a chance to complete it.

Luna8903
11-28-17, 06:45 AM
I like it to stay with 15 days and reduce the amount of parts needed to build the appliance and food required to complete the goal. For example cook 5 food to unlock the next instead of 15. Use 5 paints instead of 10, etc. It'd be nice to skip the 1 hour recipes as well. Many of us work full time and cannot check the phone every hour. Life is usually a pain so don't make the game so demanding.

jinjw
11-30-17, 12:07 AM
2 months since this posted and it hasnt chNged a bit. But more and more are opting to ignore a goal, or resigned to leAve it incomplete. Tsk

rachel_77777
12-11-17, 08:45 PM
Goals are only appearing when there is 14 days left. I can never finish them anymore because it?s not enough time. Also, I can?t watch videos to speed up the cooking.

SBDOVER72
12-11-17, 09:26 PM
When a new goal pops up it automatically starts a 14 day countdown. They will all say "14 days left" on the first day that the goal starts. The next day will say "13 days left"...etc.

The videos to speed up recipes are random. I may only get them once a week.

rachel_77777
12-13-17, 06:13 AM
Thanks, they use to be 28 days long so I thought there was a problem with mine.

rachel_77777
12-18-17, 01:26 PM
They need to be longer. 14 days is way too short to do the amount of things needed to finish.

It used to be good at 28 days and I could juuust make it. Now, I can only do the first goal because each dish needs to be made 14 times and they usually take 4+ hours. It also takes a long time to get the parts to build the machines.

Please make them 28days so I can actually complete them again

CelestiasHeaven
12-18-17, 07:41 PM
Longer but its not likely the will listen, just look at how many people voted for longer times for the goals, and we still have those 14 days Goals. Only because of that they know you cant beat those goals without investing money anymore i don?t support this any longer. Player shouldn?t feel forced to spent, and sry i don?t care if i get banned for saying that. If i quit and many more it will be a big loss for theme and they will see how much this pay to win mentality has brought theme.

sally_brown
12-26-17, 12:37 PM
I have been playing for years and thse short goal times are impossible to complete.Same here. I don't think I've completed a goal since the times were shortened.

ctgourmet
01-15-18, 05:42 AM
For the most part, I feel the current timing is sufficient. The only time I have difficulty is when an appliance only has food with cooking times less than 5 hours. I work full time and play in the morning before work, evenings and weekends. So, I can't cook food that takes less than 6 hours while at work or overnight and the appliance sits empty. It would help if appliances had food with both shorter and longer cooking times.

Anikamarie23
01-17-18, 09:53 AM
Goals need to go back to 30 days like they use to be. It gives us time to request parts and build our appliances. 15 day goals is too short of a time, especially for those that have full time jobs and can't be on their phone often. Please go back to 30 day goals!

chelleyeb
01-18-18, 08:01 AM
Ideally LONGER!! Just so we arnt all a slave to the game! Yes it's possible to finish in the 15 days but enjoyable? NO not in my opinion! Takes all the fun out of doing the goals when all you can think about is how many hours you can sleep, eat, wash! (Lol) before the nxt batch of cooking is needed to be done!
Pls make it longer so we enjoy playing again! Oh yeah and also function like a human being!!

keithasimon
02-06-18, 06:49 AM
Same here. I don't think I've completed a goal since the times were shortened.

Ditto for me too

Anikamarie23
02-06-18, 11:06 AM
Goals need to be longer like they use too! So many of us have voiced that, but nothing changes. Give us a realistic timer for goals. We need enough time to build appliances and cook food. These short timed goals are not working.

Zenhavenid
02-10-18, 03:36 AM
Definitely longer...with the increased number of parts, if you miss a day or two because of real life commitments you don't have a moment to spare and often fail to complete.

7700AnchorInn
02-14-18, 07:56 AM
Please lengthen the goal time and decoration purchase time. With a real job it is too frustrating to slave over a hot stove. Let alone trying to get parts to build the stove or scrape up coins to buy sixty-some limited time shopping items in five days. :) I began playing this game to relax from real life. Hint. Just want to have fun.

LadyEna
02-14-18, 10:56 AM
Eh, going to be rather negative here. So I'll apologize as well.

I think the thread needs locked. It's old.
Been going on since October.

Results of 123 that voted:

96--voted longer
27--voted remain the same

No one is obviously reading this or we would have seen goals be longer by now.
Thread is just pointless now!

Thank You jinjw for catching my boo boo!

jinjw
02-14-18, 08:03 PM
Eh, going to be rather negative here. So I'll apologize as well.

I think the thread needs locked. It's old.
Been going on since October.

Results of 123 that voted:

96--voted longer
27--voted shorter

No one is obviously reading this or we would have seen goals be longer by now.
Thread is just pointless now!

Actually worse!!!! Noone voted shorter just "same" length. And i nagree, they aren't listening. I dont even care that i never compete the goals anymore... many of us have jobs school anf family to care about. Not panicking about collecting 12 parts.....

snowbun23
03-13-18, 06:52 AM
At time of this post:
- 101 voted for goals with longer duration (>15 days)
- 28 voted for goals to remain the same (~14days)
- ZERO voted for goals with shorter duration (<15 days)

What does the brilliant S8 proceed to do? Release 5 day goals with ridiculous amounts of recipes to cook (eg. Paddy's Day Goal, Mar 8 2018).

S8, you have outdone yourself yet again *slow clap*.

DawnLovesDD
03-13-18, 07:35 AM
I do not have a problem with a 5 day flash goal. My problem with the current one is that Part 3 recipes have all 8 hr, 10 hr and 1 day recipes. I have 8 Shamrock ovens and I will be about 1-2 hours short of my lucky cupcakes finishing. Storm at least extend this one due to long cook times. A 5 day flash goal shouldn't have that long of cook times with that high of a quantity for Part 3. Also this oven requires 14 Shamrocks. That is ALOT!!! Especially for 5 day flash goal and someone who had to build all these ovens.

7700AnchorInn
03-13-18, 11:26 AM
Actually worse!!!! Noone voted shorter just "same" length. And i nagree, they aren't listening. I dont even care that i never compete the goals anymore... many of us have jobs school anf family to care about. Not panicking about collecting 12 parts.....

Yes I soooo agree with both of you. I posted my too short comment Feb 14 and then S8 presented us with Paddy goal 5 days ago. With more materials to collect and more recipes with longer cooking requirements. It's like they decided revenge on their last remaining players. Ugh. Frustrating. I can go to work and get paid to be this frustrated!

addykatt70
03-13-18, 01:10 PM
Agreed joolie13

Azul
03-13-18, 04:46 PM
We just experienced another 5 Day Goal that none of my neighbors could complete. This is just not fu for any of us and completely frustrates us. This Goa had several recipes that took far too long to cook. We need the recipes to be quick when the goal is short, or turn the 5 Day goal into a 15 Day goal please.

Paradicsom7
03-15-18, 08:09 AM
Hi! 5 days for solving the tasks is rediculous.I LOSE THE JOY OF THE GAME!!! .....How can I have the recipe of Shamrock float???? I am disappointed.

Natasha_07
03-19-18, 04:27 AM
Main goals should be 21 days and be unlocked at the same time with the side goals instead when you've unlocked the second recipe on the main goal.

Mini goals should be 10 to 14 days long, gives enough time without having to sacrifice sleep time for some. :)

The recipes are too long for the given time, on top of that it seems like each new appliance needs 2 new parts now.
Rushing to just get them done is kinda ****ing the fun of doing goals.

slayer7000
03-19-18, 06:39 AM
I think the current 5 day goals should be 7 day goals with 2-3 prizes to make it more rewarding and the 2 week goals should stay the same.

VanaCatu
03-19-18, 07:28 AM
Main goals should be 21 days and be unlocked at the same time with the side goals instead when you've unlocked the second recipe on the main goal.

Mini goals should be 10 to 14 days long, gives enough time without having to sacrifice sleep time for some. :)
this!
one normal and one short goal per month wd be perfect!

blueangel826
03-19-18, 09:39 PM

The recipes are too long for the given time, on top of that it seems like each new appliance needs 2 new parts now.
Think this may be a great compromise! Personally, I've had some major health issues over the past 18 months & hospitalized several times.Too ill to play & have missed a few of the 5 day goals. My beloved Sis, my only sibling, passed away very unexpectedly 10 months ago & I missed goals. We all have a life to live & many with families, jobs, etc. We play these games for relaxation & contact with nbrs & friends, NOT as a full time job! Seems that's the way S8 has made all their games...very sad way to treat your customers:(

7700AnchorInn
03-20-18, 01:53 PM
Think this may be a great compromise! Personally, I've had some major health issues over the past 18 months & hospitalized several times.Too ill to play & have missed a few of the 5 day goals. My beloved Sis, my only sibling, passed away very unexpectedly 10 months ago & I missed goals. We all have a life to live & many with families, jobs, etc. We play these games for relaxation & contact with nbrs & friends, NOT as a full time job! Seems that's the way S8 has made all their games...very sad way to treat your customers:(

Sorry for your loss blueangel826. I agree with you. Many of my neighbors have health issues or are taking care of someone with health issues. WE NEED LONGER 15-21 DAY GOALS. It ALSO would be a great "heads up" if there was a wall "Doctor in the house" decoration or "Doctor waiter" decoration, that we could use to notify our neighbors, we are having health difficulties please don't delete.

7700AnchorInn
03-20-18, 01:58 PM

I agree . Sounds very achievable. My neighbors who have health issues need more time. And I with a work schedule haven't finished last two goals.

eastie41
03-20-18, 10:34 PM
The goal timer could be tweaked a little to give a bit more time. Sometimes, I have to skip a goal when I know that my schedule doesn?t give me the time to set a timer on the recipes throughout the day.

Thanks for asking.

Super1mom
04-08-18, 08:17 PM
I really would like time to be longer, especially with the 7 day goals. Sometimes I have to spend gems to fast cook just so I can complete goal. With how hard it is to earn gems it's really not fair to be forced to spend them on fast cooking food.

laurlaur1988
06-02-18, 09:47 AM
Most of us need a month to do these new goals. In the past we were given like 30 days and the game was very fun. Now I can not win the goals and I end up selling all my cookers from the challenge because the foods don't get unlocked. so what's the point of having it if you can't cook/ max out all the foods?

scorpio2064
06-02-18, 05:01 PM
Those of us who have full time jobs, family (children, grandchildren & elderly parents) & pets need more time. I agree with the previous posts that the shorter goals are taking the fun out of the game. I have too many appliances that dont have all the recipes, I've been playing for over 3yrs and this is the first time that I've not finished goals and have appliances with locked recipes, its very discouraging, stressful and straight up NOT FUN anymore. I vote for the old 30 day goals and 10 to 15 day short goals instead of 5. Thank you for asking and God Bless ALL of you.

Burdidi
06-04-18, 02:02 AM
My opinion is that goals should be a little longer by maybe a week. As mentioned by previous players some players have families and jobs and don't get the time to complete the goals at the moment.

I know this thread isn't really meant to be for the five day goals however since there isn't a thread for them; the five day goals are way too short especially for new players, and require too much additional cooking. If the additional cooking could be shortened and also more variety added to the additional cooking, the game would be much better because making the same additional foods over and over again is a bit tedious. This applies for both the 15 day and the 5 day goals.

One way that would really help would be to extend the number of items that a person could receive especially for the five day goal if we could receive say 30-40 gifts for the five day goal then the goal being five days wouldn't be so difficult. I've been playing for years but when my game kept on saying 'processing' and wouldn't let me play, I lost many ovens and recipes. The 5 day goal sometimes feels like a punishment for not playing before, and that shouldn't be the case, especially when I don't have a choice.

Also as we would be able to receive more gifts if there was an overlap of the current 15 day goal (preferably extended to 21 days) and the five day goal then there wouldn't be as much controversy. This way those people who want the goals to come as frequently as they are currently coming wouldn't be disappointed and those players who want to do all the goals would still be able to have more of a chance to manage them as they received more gifts.

Thank you for your consideration.

je551cat
06-04-18, 09:14 PM
I too would prefer the current durations changed to 10 & 30 days instead. Thx!

je551cat
06-04-18, 09:19 PM
I think the Developers r afraid that players who finished the goals fast would be bored with nothing to do in game.

slayer7000
06-05-18, 09:50 AM
I think the goals should be changed to 7 and 14 days instead of 5 and 14

Francys08
06-06-18, 09:36 AM
The duration of the goals should last for about 20-30 days for everyone can have the opportunity to complete it.

Jojocl141587
06-06-18, 10:12 AM
The duration of the goals should last for about 20-30 days for everyone can have the opportunity to complete it.

That’s too long, I finish within the first week or so

minxys_
06-06-18, 10:43 AM
I voted stay the same I personally complete the goals with plenty of time to spare maybe its because I have awesome neighbors

pjdutch
06-07-18, 06:06 AM
I think the 5 day goals should be at least 7/8 days like before. And the 15 day goals are okay.

TwixAndScones
06-07-18, 07:27 AM
I also have wonderful in game friends, but that is not the point. (At least not for me) But even if I had bad friends I still will would not be able to complete
(at least not the 5 day flash goal)

- But I know some people -
they might not have the help they need
so for them it might be a problem -

With me though - I can not finish for the reason of family and work (same with other people)
But real life should come #1! And it should always :)

The 15 day goal should stay the same though.
I finish in 1 week and still have some to spare.
So I could wait/skip a day (if I do not have time) and still be safe. Even with 1 of the goal, I miss a lot and still have like 4-3 day in remain.

But I definitely think 20-30 day would be 2 long,
It would just be better if the normal goal/side goal - stay the same and flash goal - just a bit longer. Like at least 10 day. Most people I see struggle with the flash goal also.

- Just a personal opinion -

yodahead11
06-07-18, 10:35 AM
Make the goals a little longer so you don't feel like you have to cook 24/7. But would like 2major goals a month just make it realistic do not expect so much done in so little time. Especially the smaller goal where they want 10 items each on 3 stoves really?? Come on gnats to much at a time. Please rethink the goals thanks. The last major prize pizza thrower was to kiddie looking but loved the older pizza thrower you received from the mini goal please don't make it look like a kiddie game thanks.

cutelittlebabypanda
09-04-18, 04:48 PM
Can't believe this poll has existed for almost a year with 3/4 of the players wanting longer goals, yet we still get 15-day goals with 70 parts to collect to build one oven. It seems it has gotten even worse, nearly impossible to finish them without gems. Even if you had 20 nice neighbors who send you the required parts as gifts and accept all your material requests, you'd need 2 days to build one oven!

7700AnchorInn
09-04-18, 06:18 PM
Can't believe this poll has existed for almost a year with 3/4 of the players wanting longer goals, yet we still get 15-day goals with 70 parts to collect to build one oven. It seems it has gotten even worse, nearly impossible to finish them without gems. Even if you had 20 nice neighbors who send you the required parts as gifts and accept all your material requests, you'd need 2 days to build one oven!

Yes I agree. And the last three goals, G8 has acted like they're mad at the players. So they give them more parts to collect and now right at the beginning to build the stove. It just isn't fun like when I started playing. Of course, they have changed the recipes to cook for the side goal and that is a pleasant change.

FamilyInn03
09-04-18, 07:08 PM
Agree that number of parts required should go back to original requested amount. Love the game but right now it's just not manageable to do goals anymore and have a life outside of the story

zpmjj
09-04-18, 07:42 PM
There should not be timer. We should be allowed to complete all goals. They can add a button to remove goals that we don?t plan to do

Eilonthay
09-05-18, 11:46 AM
I think it should be at least three weeks...two weeks is usually tight for me, because of work. Thirty days is a bit much, but it would make the game less stressful, that's for sure! The short goals are chores and I usually don't complete them...or I just skip them.

fefeoooo
09-20-18, 05:28 AM
Hello, I need more time. I work daily. This game is my destressor from my day. I work 8 to 5 in Mental Health. I missed my last item on the bacon. I cannot have my phone suck to my hand all day. I have been playing this game for 13 years. Yes, that long. Also, we need need more food count. You cook all day for an item that only serves 300 plates. In Bakery Story, there or dishes that serve 1000, 1200 or more. The receipts or not giving us enough food. I have to keep my bakery closed every other day to try to keep up with customers. Storm Id: fefeoooo

sunnyDreams
09-20-18, 07:58 AM
Agree that number of parts required should go back to original requested amount. Love the game but right now it's just not manageable to do goals anymore and have a life outside of the story

Well said. S8 needs to know that the majority of their players don’t have the time to do these new goals. They require too many parts.

BettyBakesBest
09-20-18, 03:10 PM
Hey all,

This thread (and poll) is to gather feedback regarding the 15-day goal timers - do you think the timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Unlike the goal-related feedback polls, this poll is staying open indefinitely, and respondents only get one (still anonymous) vote each. Please feel free to vote above and share your comments here. Your feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Prefer getting goals once a month with a 30 day time frame. Used to attempt every goal but not now. I skip all the 5 day goals. Not enjoyable. And now I am very picky about what goals I do attempt. If the appliance is not awesome and the recipe yields too low I skip it.

Natasha_07
09-21-18, 01:28 PM
With the current goals format the time needs to be extended to 21 days.

7700AnchorInn
10-04-18, 05:45 AM
Prefer getting goals once a month with a 30 day time frame. Used to attempt every goal but not now. I skip all the 5 day goals. Not enjoyable. And now I am very picky about what goals I do attempt. If the appliance is not awesome and the recipe yields too low I skip it.

I agree. It's not fun, it's not of any value and is is frustrating to attempt goals I cannot finish. I am following this guide too.

emnc
10-07-18, 10:12 PM
I have been playing this and several other storm8 for 7 years. If the rules were as they are now, back when I started, I would not have continued. When I started we had to work for a goal, but it was attainable. You knew what the rules were. I enjoyed the special seasonal goals. I have literally played every day until about three months ago. I am so tired of constant effort it takes just to keep the basics. The fun is gone. I only check back occasionally because of my awesome neighbors. I have spent hundreds on these games but not one dime in a year. They keep taking and giving nothing back. I'll spend my money on games that reciprocate.

Luvtips
10-08-18, 10:02 AM
Thanks

sheloco
10-09-18, 03:47 PM
I’m okay with 15 days. But the 5-day goals are the worst. Storm8 actually missed out on me spending a chunk of gems. I work crazy hours and find it difficult to do the goals during the week. I really wanted the spooky fireplace and intended to gem the remainder of my food to complete it. But I was stuck on a conference call and missed the deadline. Ending a goal in the middle of a work day isn’t the best idea. Thanks for listening!

tagliatele
10-16-18, 04:14 PM
I would prefer the 15 day goal to become around 12 days. I usually finish these goals in around 6-7 days (without spending any gems) and then there's just a lot of time waiting around...

5bread2fish
11-22-18, 08:22 AM
Longer time AND not so many of each part. What is up with that..course it would help if we could tell who plays and who doesn't anymore. Even if they delete the game they still show up as a friend of mine.

5bread2fish
11-22-18, 08:26 AM
Agree😀

dgjfhdhgb
11-22-18, 08:32 AM
It should stay the same. What needs to change is the number of parts because it takes ages to build one appliance. If the number of parts can’t be changed, then the timer should be longer.

Gingersnap100
11-23-18, 11:24 PM
Longer time AND not so many of each part.

I agree, especially this busy time of year.

TimeForACuppaTea
11-25-18, 08:59 PM
Though this poll was started last year it's now more relevant than before since they've changed how goals works. Machines require many more parts now then they used to. Recipes for the second oven now always take a long time to cook too, which makes it take longer to master each one and get finished with that stove.

I now like to build a minimum of 6 of the second stove, a max of 9 if I can manage it. Without using the reset the recipe trick because that eats up your money really fast.
So we really need more time to get enough stoves built so it doesn't take forever to master all the recipes.

The_Abominable_Snowman
01-17-19, 12:56 PM
I think that the main 15 day goal should stay the same, however the side goal would be better with 18-20 days since you have to cook 20-50 dishes per recipe.

jah4jah
01-18-19, 03:40 PM
Goal times should remain or definitely be longer
Will Storm8 EVER bring back the GEM DISPENSER for those of us that missed it??

Superjody28
01-19-19, 12:10 PM
I think the time limit for challenges is right on track. I do miss when challenges used to be spread further apart, I feel like I am ALWAYS working in a challenge... I was once a new player, gotta work at it to get has far as I have. I never gave up and neither should new players.
5 day challenges are the best, I prefer not to work on them for weeks, and 5 days IS a challenge! Great game but it is time for an update, we all have bigger phones now, get with it Restaurant Story!!!

KLynne423
03-11-19, 01:50 AM
I'm fine with the 15 day goal but the 5 day ones need to be longer.

fawziaj
03-11-19, 10:00 AM
I've been playing for 8+ yrs now..
I think the goal time is ok but the goals are excessive now..I seem to be playing fr one t ji ing or the other b2b now.
Also
I've been on level 99 fr 7yrs now
If I'm going to stay on this level forever what's the point of playing.
So disheartening��

secretwriter
03-17-19, 06:27 PM
Agreed. These goals are hard. I'm a single mom, I work. I'm not home all day doing nothing but trying to get all the parts needed to build those stoves then crank out all these recipes. I have to cook around my work schedule and my kids school and stuff. And I know that I'm not alone. Most people on these games don't just live on the games either.

JenniferJoyHoney
03-17-19, 07:27 PM
Should be longer....I never had this much trouble finishing up a goal when I played years ago. I started a new restaurant a few months ago and am in the mid 40's level wise....last goal (penguin) I had to give up on in the last few days because I know no possibility of finishing up. I am only allowed 11 appliances....so with the other cooking goal going on can't finish both : (

barksnchirps
05-13-19, 10:49 PM
I vote for longer period of the goals.We should be given much more time to finish the goals otherwise it becomes stress rather than enjoyment.:)

slayer7000
05-14-19, 07:01 AM
Longer or easier.

Techi41
05-14-19, 08:35 AM
Longer for sure, i mean I remember back in 2009 goals were 29 days long and was perfect because it allowed us to enjoyed the game and actually i think i spend more time on the game then now, because of the expectation that what keep me also spending money on the game
The fact that they let you enjoy your goal prize and time to Re-decorate all 3 accounts Fashion Restaurant bakery story

Techi41
05-14-19, 08:45 AM
I agree with post #33 all they want is for people to spend money.. i m doing this last goal but i wont be doing anymore, until the start the goals back to 29 days or at least 25 days 😕

vincentleonis
05-21-19, 03:20 PM
I have played this game for several years because it helps me de-stress. but since you don't give us any breaks between goals anymore it's starting to cause stress and I think I may stop playing the game which really kind of bugs me because I've invested a lot of time and a little bit of money into it. This is not just for restaurant story is also for the bakery story. I've already stopped playing farm story I can't keep up I have a full-time job and I suffer from a few stress issues and much as I love this game it is starting to cause stress and it's no longer any fun especially with the short 5 day goals I don't have time to finish them. And the amount of parts it needs to build an oven is ridiculous the amount of food you need to prepare for the second leg of the goal and the time it takes to make it is preposterous. You have to realize that you have working people who have full-time jobs and students who go to school and work we're not all stay-at-home moms to be able to play this game the way you have it set up thank you for hearing me out I hope you make some changes. Sometimes I feel that you make the goals so overwhelming so that people will purchase gems. Trust me I purchase plenty of them you don't need to make the game impossible. Makes me think that you're focused more on the monetary then the actual game. I get that you need to make money but come on be reasonable

maisie614
05-29-19, 08:44 PM
I totally agree with most of the previous comments. The goals are too harsh. I have spent plenty to decorate my store but the number of parts requirement for 1 oven is excessive. Moreover the 2-hour, 3-hour goals are very stressful. I don?t want to waste the years of money I have put into this game but I am seriously thinking if quitting. It?s just not as fun as before.

R5FanForever1
05-30-19, 08:46 AM
i have been playing since 2014 and i find it harder to finish the 15 day goals because of the amount of parts required for the ovens and requesting neighbors for parts with so little time for me to finish it. this makes the game stressful for me and i don't enjoy the game as much as i used to because of the way they changed the goals. however, i like doing the 5 day goals since I find that it fits my daily schedule and is very laid back.

Dimonhunter
06-14-19, 02:04 PM
The goal needs to be longer like it was years ago.I've been playing for about 5 years or more. Most players are busy with life due to work, school, or dealing with chronic illnesses, so time is precious and limited. I wasn't able to finish last goal due to my daughter's graduation services and party.No option offered to pay to finish it.I can see me retiring from the game soon due to no new recipes on the staple appliances and way to earn more gems after level 4 cooking level. Please get rid of cooking utensil wall display! Players need more ways to earn gems, money, expansion, decor, and oven/stove/appliances.I love the ease of cooking by closing my restaurant by blocking the door like a real restaurant.I HATED the Restaurant Story 2 with it stressful cooking to feed the speed eating demons where you couldn't block the door to cook.It says a lot for people to play Restaurant Story & Bakery Story for years. Please work out the bugs with food not cooking after you set it with the new goals these past two months! Thank you guys for your support thru the many years of play too!

donz85
06-16-19, 06:54 AM
I voted to say longer because I find it very hard to complete the goals without assistance with gems. I’ve been playing for about 6 years and used to love the month long goals but they were so easy. Found it was better when the days were shortened to 15 days but now we need so many parts for building the ovens. Plus I love to do the side goals but again find it hard, especially with the latest goal of serving so much 16 hour and 42 hour food. I play restaurant, bakery, farm, dragon and castle story on 3 accounts along with having a family so I’m in and out of them all day between household chores and young children lol

jws3rd
07-24-19, 07:16 PM
I think what they give us is more then enough time. Id rather see the add attacks be cut why all the adds Im so tempted to delete the game it bothers me everytime I go to check my food or whatever I get a ton of adds. Like one add sure but its a little ridiculous

main945
08-02-19, 10:23 AM
The goals do not have enough time. They have too many items to have to buy or get from your neighbors you end up begging your neighbors and it becomes stressful. Then you say this is a game it is supposed to be fun. And then you don't care about the games because it's not fun anymore I never finished a goal anymore. I have lost several neighbors who have said the game is not fun and they don't want to play it because it is too stressful. I have been playing these games for years and I'm getting close to just not doing any goals czeslaw get in talking to my friends and not caring about the game. You have made the game stupid and worthless and there are a lot of angry people playing now.

tatermaters
09-15-19, 06:43 AM
Hate the 15 days goals.

seanm1976
09-16-19, 08:25 PM
Hey all,

I have been playing this game since it first originated. And now this is the first time I will not be able to finish the quests because I am no longer getting notifications that my food is done. This is seriously annoying and I can't believe I might actually quit this game cuz they can't fix this issue. Make the goal end time longer for people that aren't getting notifications. This sucks.

Jadelove77
09-18-19, 09:47 PM
Put to 28 days

Jadelove77
09-18-19, 09:49 PM
Put back to 28 days

Eilonthay
09-19-19, 12:45 PM
It was easy to finish the longer goals because there was plenty of time to schedule it all around real life things...usually I would have almost a week left. It was even okay when it got switched to 15 days because the requirements were less for the appliances. Now that they've gone to the 32 of one part & 40 of another part per appliance, it's difficult to finish. Yes, it's nice to be able to craft the parts from stuff that drops while cooking the recipes, but the drops are MASSIVELY unbalanced. Yes, you can spam the drops by cancelling recipes and starting new ones, but again, the drops are MASSIVELY unbalanced and it takes a long time.

Even with active neighbors, building one appliance takes a long time with so many parts required, never mind the THREE that are required to finish one of the steps, and I usually don't make it to the second set of appliances until 3-5 days from the end of the event. I have been unable to finish the final goal in both RS and BS for the last 5-6 events, and it's beginning to feel like a lost cause. I've played both for at least 5 years and I'm growing tired of never finishing. I'm not going to spend money on a game that never improves itself and only makes it harder. I used to spend gems on fun decorations during sales and things, but there's little reason to now, when I have appliances that only have half of the recipes unlocked and appliances in the process of being built that are going to take a month or more to finally finish up after an event.

Put it back to the way it was. Being able to build your own parts was a good idea, because it helped people that didn't have many neighbors, but the parts requirements now are ridiculously high. Either give us more time to finish or lessen the parts requirements. You've made the game an un-enjoyable slog and I'm not paying money to encourage that behavior. I'm getting to the point that if I don't like the final goal, I'm not even going to bother attempting the event at all. I enjoy the side goals more because chances are I already have the appliances built--cooking the recipes is more enjoyable if I don't have to worry about building appliances. The side goals are more like what the game should be.

Alpheus45
11-26-19, 06:29 PM
I am not sure this is an 'active' post, as the poll was a few years ago it looks like. However, this does seem to be the appropriate place for this comment. The previous post here is two months old now, but I echo those sentiments in many ways. I have been playing both RS and BS since 2014 like Eilonthay, and I have grown increasingly dissatisfied with the current playing experience.

I have what I think are a good amount of neighbors, but many of them seem to have given up on the goals over the past several months, and no longer gift goal parts. I haven't tried to determine if they answer requests or not. I bring this up to illustrate one of the primary reasons the current goal requirements are turning a lot of people off to the game. I too have been struggling to finish the goals by day 15, and always because of the quantity of parts needed to build the new stoves, especially the second stove/oven in the goal set. 72 parts to make one appliance is incredibly hard to get, and certainly not quickly, so you have less stoves to get through the goal. I used to be able to get 5-6 stoves before a goal was up, when you still needed normal amounts of parts. Even though the parts usually had one new and one or more existing parts, you still didn't need 42 for the first and 72 for the second. Yes, you can 'farm' parts, but as mentioned above, very-unbalanced in the drop frequency. It seems that always one part, at least, has a very high rarity in drop rate. I can usually finish the entire side goal before I have started on the second recipe on the first stove in the goal, since I am cooking 5-10 of the 2 hr recipes on one stove, and then 11-20 on two stoves. You get the one stove out of the gate at least, but it takes a long time to get the parts for the second stove. I have found myself more often having to pay the 2 crystals to bypass having the 3rd stove completed, just so I can move on to the second recipe, and wait for more parts over the following days.

I have been considering for some time now just giving up on it. I also have struggled to finish goals while playing diligently. Games should be fun, not make you feel hopeless. I like a good challenge, but I would appreciate the number of parts needed to build a new oven be cut in half, or at least seriously reduced. And honestly, do new goals need to start like clockwork every two weeks? It feels more like work than entertainment half the time, but maybe that's just me.

epdenpas
11-27-19, 10:48 AM
Hey all,

Longer

navywife1994
01-07-20, 04:27 PM
Don't see a poll to vote in but I think they need to be longer. Can't get enough pieces to drop to make items to build the stoves. I also think leftover pieces should be carried over to the next goal by transforming them to the new pieces needed.

I also don't get notifications anymore so it makes it very difficult to play. I'm almost ready to give up.

sally_brown
01-21-20, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I think I've only completed the goal once since it went to 15 days, whereas I used to always finish them. Once they started requiring 3 ovens, I barely get the second one built before the gail is over.

jesmurf
01-28-20, 03:02 AM
Goals are needing way too many items to be cooked i can never complete them when i need to cook 40 items

VampireBlade1
05-02-20, 11:24 AM
I think the length is fine. I think the place where it gets hung up (at least it?s always here for me) is second appliance, second recipe. It seems to ask for a ridiculously high amount of the second recipe in relation to the rest of the recipes.

For instance, this current event had the second appliance with a 3hr, 7hr and 10hr. It wanted 15 of the 3 hour which is fine as it gives you a built appliance and you?ve probably already got some of the new parts gifted to you or have enough pieces from first appliance to build a second appliance.

The 7hr wanted 25. Most people aren?t around all day but okay you can collect in am and pm and if you have a good amount of daily gifting neighbors, you may already have a 3rd oven. If you do it?ll take you at least 4 days to get them all. I ended up speeding up with the ads but I?ve heard not everyone gets them and I don?t think I would have finished the goal without them or without the last goal only wanting 12 and I already had 4 ovens.

If you?re struggling, it makes a HUGE difference to go on the ?friend me? thread and look for people who have recently posted who only do goals and get a ton so you?re getting goal parts gifted daily.

TL;DR I think the goal total length is fine, even with side goal as I finish that in about week, if that. I?d like to see the second appliance ask for less of the second recipe as in this past goal, it took me 6 days. It usually takes me more and often I don?t finish without burning gems to speed a lot of stuff up

weirdmelody
05-02-20, 07:56 PM
I vote for remain the same!

Prettyrose88
05-03-20, 05:27 AM
When I started this games about 12 years ago, goals were two weeks and quantities were not as high, not as many parts were needed to construct equipment. We had a week in between goals or even two weeks in between to relish our coins. I think the 15 day goal length is good, but in my opinion the 5 day goals should be 7 days because the last part of every 5 day goal has a lot to fill and I dont think 5 days is enough when half the goal consists of 12 to 18 hour cook time with possibly up to 8 or more items have to be cooked at a time.

pixiecorpse11
05-03-20, 10:11 PM
make the time longer so we have enough time to finish the goal. Lessen the quantity of parts. Also the 5 day goal pls add more days to complete the task.

museglo
05-12-20, 03:16 AM
All goals for a challenge should be identified.in Bakery story in 2+ days behind because I didn't realize I had to buy the wallpaper & floor tiles to open the challenge, and was confused about why I was unable to start the second (but looked like first) goal. Why show 2nd goal is locked?

AnnirasSweets
05-12-20, 09:26 AM
All goals for a challenge should be identified.in Bakery story in 2+ days behind because I didn't realize I had to buy the wallpaper & floor tiles to open the challenge, and was confused about why I was unable to start the second (but looked like first) goal. Why show 2nd goal is locked?

Sorry you're having this issue but every goal release has a point where two goals will open at the same time but one must be completed before in order to access all the items. If you read carefully, the goals will have little blurbs written underneath the tasks that can help point you in the right direction such as 'Complete xxx to unlock,' however, most players just come to the forums to see the info instead, we're all here to help each other out when we can!

On the day a goal is released, players will post the relevant info on the forum for others to use; there is literally a thread for every s8 game goal I've come across! At the moment, I handle the RS/BS goals so I can say for certain that on day 1 of the goal you'll be able to find all the goals, their requirements in the order that they need to be completed and include images of all the new items to try and help players decide if they want to participate or if they think they'll be able to finish in time. You can also find a calendar that tells you when the next goal should be released so you can better prepare for their arrivals!

If you're interested, here's the links for the current goals:

Bakery Story: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?110821-GOAL-A-Fancy-Feast-2020-May-05-(15-Days)

Restaurant Story: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?110836-GOAL-Fine-and-Dine-2020-May-07-(15-Days)

WillowBluff
05-19-20, 06:41 AM
What I find interesting is these comments seemed to fall on deaf ears, do you not pay any attention to what your players say? Some of these were several years ago, still same problems exist. The game is not fun when you design goals that are so demanding that you practically have to put life on hold to complete. And you definitely need better confirmation on spending gems.

elvinamae16
05-22-20, 10:13 AM
It should be longer than 15 days cause in my case, I'm progressing a little slower so I can't complete the goal in time specially when it has to do with ovens cause you have to reach a certain number of level before you can purchase another oven.

KadeeDid
05-23-20, 11:19 AM
I used to be able to complete all the goals. I started playing years ago. Now, I usually get no further than building the 2nd appliance and opening the first or occasionally the 2nd recipe. Last time, I didn't even get to the 2nd appliance.

I don't have time to constantly check forums. I have family and friends with life threatening illnesses and do this for relaxation. It is no luck ne'er fun and I am backed no off from many of the games.

GeorgiaXYZ
05-27-20, 08:04 PM
Longer would be OK, less to do would be better. Currently there is a '15 day' goal (started at 14 days for me!). I have to work to get the money to buy the items for the 1st part, I'll probably be down to 11 or less by the time I get to part 2. Now I'll have 30 hours of cooking to do, plus building 2 more ovens. OK even with one oven I'll probably be done the cooking before I get both more built. So down to 9 (if I'm lucky) days now, and probably out of money again. Only on part 3, 80 hours of cooking divided over 3 ovens, but I need 44k to buy decorations, so minimum another couple of days, even if I wake up to cook, 7 days now (probably not that many) and only 1/3 of the way through. No way I'm going to get done. I might get finished with the Oven part, I'm unlikely to get far with the Stove, so I'll have another permanently unfinished appliance. Does it matter though, will I ever need these appliances again?

In Fashion Story Thanksgiving I have a similar issue, but more often with the huge amount of money needed. I currently have 2 missions that need (besides other things) expansion to 14x17 (1 million), 1 that needs 15x18, 1 that needs 16x19, and one that needs a Closet item that IIRC costs 40 gems! I'll never have that many gems, there's no 'are you sure?' so they just get spent by accident.

I do rather like your games, but I increasingly find them frustrating, and will probably just quit at some point when I get too fed up. They are also quite buggy, saying they can't find my Wifi, even when it is on. And leaving Wifi always on on an older Kindle means I have to recharge it constantly.

tsactuocutie
06-09-20, 06:31 AM
I stop playing this game a year ago and come back this year and I notice that the goal is harder than before. Before you just need 4 to 6 pcs if each parts to build the oven now you need 40pcs or parts so it takes long to build and the parts of the goal is always new you can't reuse the parts to other appliances like before that in every goal appliances there is a mallet, iron press or other basic parts

X4a2
06-09-20, 11:33 AM
True, but the flip side is that if you keep cooking the 1st appliance after its goals are met, you can gain enough collectibles to meet and actually exceed the goal requirements for the later goals., IMO. Still not as convenient, but the collectibles aspect makes a difference.

GeorgiaXYZ
10-13-20, 06:12 AM
I'm another who will never buy gems as long as they are so often stolen, not that I can afford much since I'm on a low fixed income. As far as goals, I find it frustrating to have to have all three of a stove to get the second + recipes. I can do it by storing, cooking, storing... over and over but that can take a long time, especially since the parts don't drop at all evenly, so I can end up spending a couple of hours just to get enough of the last one, after all the time spent to get the rest. Also some of the times to cook plus quantity can be pretty difficult, even though I don't go out now in these days of the pandemic. I have to sleep and eat though, and sometimes I have connectivity issues.

ASbakerij
12-03-20, 12:56 PM
Hey all,

make the time longer so we have enough time to finish the goal.You have to have too much parts
Or Lessen the quantity of parts.

Also the 5 day goal pls add more days to complete the task. Like 7 days because the dishes are too much time like first goal 20h dish and second goal all short and the third long again which you cannot combine

ginrae22
12-07-20, 02:33 AM
I do hope you guys listen. It clearly says that 75% of the couple hundred of us that voted said more time. But on the flip side, if it wasn?t nearly impossible to actually MAKE the ovens/machines in order to even participate in the goals, we wouldn?t need so much time or even more. I?m lucky if I can even get 3 of the machine. I have tons of machines that I made 1 or 2 of when I used to make like 10-12. If there was also another way to earn the little collectable parts that allow us to get the machine parts then this wouldn?t be so difficult.

I get it it?s a business and you guys need to make money. But I think there will always be people who want to spend real money on the decor alone. So I don?t think changing these things for the benefit of your players would hurt you guys much. I have been playing since 2010. It used to be very different. More fun indeed. For me at least. I stepped away for a long while because I was sick of having machines with locked recipes b/c I couldn?t finish enough machines to complete the goal threads. Had to speak up. So again I do hope you guys take our feedback and actually listen to what we want at least a little bit.

LightAndLove83
12-10-20, 08:57 AM
[QUOTE=ginrae22;1637045]I do hope you guys listen. It clearly says that 75% of the couple hundred of us that voted said more time. But on the flip side, if it wasn?t nearly impossible to actually MAKE the ovens/machines in order to even participate in the goals, we wouldn?t need so much time or even more. I?m lucky if I can even get 3 of the machine. I have tons of machines that I made 1 or 2 of when I used to make like 10-12. If there was also another way to earn the little collectable parts that allow us to get the machine parts then this wouldn?t be so difficult.

Personally, I wish they would go back to the 30 day goal idea. Id also like to see them bring back weekly updates, even if it was just over the holidays, like Halloween thru Christmas. Decorating and buying gems for decorating, has/have gone stale. All we get are goal prizes. I use to spend money on gems to decorate, but now, its \ the same thing till next goal and BF sales just keep rehashing the same stuff. Though this year, Restaurant Story actually had some new things, but only a few. :-/

I get the feeling Storm is a bit short sited when it comes to making money. Making money is like a game of chess, you have a to sacrifice a few pawns to grab the queen and king! You have to see the long goal.

LightAndLove83
12-10-20, 09:09 AM
I also have another thought...why do the goals always start in the evenings? Why cant they start at reset? I have found that the real issue for the timer is in the time you loose in the beginning. If the goal starts at 2pm, or 3pm for some, you only have a short number of hours to cook anything till most retire for the night. Since we can only usually get one oven built within the first day. That is two ovens for the first recipe. If you retire at 10pm, for a reference, that’s 8 of the first recipe completed. You wouldn’t be able to put anymore recipes on to cook or you would wake up to spoiled food. Then back to cooking in the morning.
When the second recipe is reaches, youre usually still struggling with 2 ovens and at this point, the time doubles!
I have found that I barely make the goals by maybe a day or two, and that has me babysitting ovens all day and night!!

For the love of cake!!

DawnLovesDD
12-10-20, 02:29 PM
I only buy 3 of each oven and I finish every goal in 10 days. I think the problem is 1: We need wayyyyyyyyyy too many parts. I remember playing this game 3 years ago when I built 5 ovens in one day. That made things go so much quicker. Ovens required an older part and a newer part but less quantity. Look I am not using gems or spending money to build ovens. I will buy gems for decor and crates...but not ovens. You are wasting your time. 2: We need to make wayyyyyyy too many items for each recipe and the hours are too long. When you have to make 25 of something that take 10 hours to cook each recipe do the math. All that said I do finish in about 10 days with every goal. I finish side goals in 2-3 days. It needs to go back to using older parts and requiring less parts per oven. We all have HUGE stocks of older parts. I mean it takes forever to send people older parts because they are so far back in catalog. At what point will you stop having 4 new parts for every goal. The catalogue won't be able to contain it at some point.
Another issue is I rarely am able to get the full 20 parts whether I delete wrong gifts or not. I lose At least 10 parts a week and this needs to be fixed. This has gone on since I started playing. This contributes to not being able to build the ovens as quick. Whether I delete or not wrong gifts, I should be able to get the full 20. Its why I stay up for a 2 am reset and have to ANNOY my neighbors by posting my gift requests not only on my wall but theirs. I sadly have to delete neighbors all the time that gift wrong because I lose gifts. I shouldn't have to do that. But this is a game and there is a strategy. if I don't get parts I want then I can't build ovens that day. So please fix all these issues we have asked for for years or just get out of this game. We want to be heard.
I think we need to get weekly updates to buy NEW and OLDER decor. Just bring back EVERYTHING for each season. i.e. Right now everything every made for Winter, Christmas, and New Years should be available. If it's an oven, it should have all OLDER recipes. I want older ovens because I like the recipes (not the oven). You are missing a HUGE money making potential.
And while I am at it, put all the current season items in front of the catalog. It takes ALL DAY to remodel because every item you put out that is older brings you back to beginning of catalog. Why does this have to be? What do you gain in having us model ALL DAY? And I have a smaller bakery and restaurant then most.
Floor tiles need to come way down in price also. It is hard to get the look you want when each tile is 10,000 coins. They should be affordable for those of us that have expanded. Instead of paycheck to paycheck like in my real life, it is coin to coin because I can't keep them in stock.
The stuff that has been released is so small. Like these recent crates every item being one floor tile in length is insane. If I am spending money, then I want quality and bigger items. Those items should be coins. The things that should be gems are things like Haunted House, Ski Rental, and bigger items like that.
Lastly, when will Christmas items be put out? Almost everyone has decorated for Christmas and it should have all been released on Black Friday. I haven't used any coins other than for goals in months because I am waiting for the Christmas items to be put out.
Please get it together. If you aren't going to listen to what we want and have no interest in making this game the most fun it can be for us, while being a money maker for you then just close the games down. It doesn't seem like your hearts have been in the game for years, although all your users are fully addicted to it and most of us lose sleep over it.
I know I completely just wasted my time and this fell on deaf ears, but I will make an effort anyways. Now you decide.

Kbcabc
12-22-20, 06:42 PM
I only buy 3 of each oven and I finish every goal in 10 days. I think the problem is 1: We need wayyyyyyyyyy too many parts. I remember playing this game 3 years ago when I built 5 ovens in one day. That made things go so much quicker. Ovens required an older part and a newer part but less quantity. Look I am not using gems or spending money to build ovens. I will buy gems for decor and crates...but not ovens. You are wasting your time. 2: We need to make wayyyyyyy too many items for each recipe and the hours are too long. When you have to make 25 of something that take 10 hours to cook each recipe do the math. All that said I do finish in about 10 days with every goal. I finish side goals in 2-3 days. It needs to go back to using older parts and requiring less parts per oven. We all have HUGE stocks of older parts. I mean it takes forever to send people older parts because they are so far back in catalog. At what point will you stop having 4 new parts for every goal. The catalogue won't be able to contain it at some point.
Another issue is I rarely am able to get the full 20 parts whether I delete wrong gifts or not. I lose At least 10 parts a week and this needs to be fixed. This has gone on since I started playing. This contributes to not being able to build the ovens as quick. Whether I delete or not wrong gifts, I should be able to get the full 20. Its why I stay up for a 2 am reset and have to ANNOY my neighbors by posting my gift requests not only on my wall but theirs. I sadly have to delete neighbors all the time that gift wrong because I lose gifts. I shouldn't have to do that. But this is a game and there is a strategy. if I don't get parts I want then I can't build ovens that day. So please fix all these issues we have asked for for years or just get out of this game. We want to be heard.
I think we need to get weekly updates to buy NEW and OLDER decor. Just bring back EVERYTHING for each season. i.e. Right now everything every made for Winter, Christmas, and New Years should be available. If it's an oven, it should have all OLDER recipes. I want older ovens because I like the recipes (not the oven). You are missing a HUGE money making potential.
And while I am at it, put all the current season items in front of the catalog. It takes ALL DAY to remodel because every item you put out that is older brings you back to beginning of catalog. Why does this have to be? What do you gain in having us model ALL DAY? And I have a smaller bakery and restaurant then most.
Floor tiles need to come way down in price also. It is hard to get the look you want when each tile is 10,000 coins. They should be affordable for those of us that have expanded. Instead of paycheck to paycheck like in my real life, it is coin to coin because I can't keep them in stock.
The stuff that has been released is so small. Like these recent crates every item being one floor tile in length is insane. If I am spending money, then I want quality and bigger items. Those items should be coins. The things that should be gems are things like Haunted House, Ski Rental, and bigger items like that.
Lastly, when will Christmas items be put out? Almost everyone has decorated for Christmas and it should have all been released on Black Friday. I haven't used any coins other than for goals in months because I am waiting for the Christmas items to be put out.
Please get it together. If you aren't going to listen to what we want and have no interest in making this game the most fun it can be for us, while being a money maker for you then just close the games down. It doesn't seem like your hearts have been in the game for years, although all your users are fully addicted to it and most of us lose sleep over it.
I know I completely just wasted my time and this fell on deaf ears, but I will make an effort anyways. Now you decide.

I hear you and agree completely! I would spend so much more cash (real money) on Storm8's games if they unlocked the old goals (ovens and all decor that went with the goal). From what I have been reading from others, many more players would pay real money as well. I know the technology is available to make this happen. I would even be willing to prepay some amount to get the ball rolling. I would be happy even if they unlocked only one old goal a month. I just can't wrap head around the current business model. They have so many AMAZING items that have already been created that tons of players want. It seems like in the long run, it would be a cash cow. I agree with you, I wish they would just do one high quality new goal a month. I'd add to it and say to re-release one old goal a month. Also agree about the lack of organization of the gifts and decor. Players have been bringing this up for numerous years, along with a confirm button for purchasing items from crates. I don't even go on the tab anymore for fear that one of my fat fingers will accidentally hit one instead of the arrows to scroll through the pages. So, to answer the question of this thread, I think the goal timers should be about the same, 2 weeks for one old goal and 2 weeks for one new goal. On a positive note, I really like the time on the 5 day goals and hope they continue the way they are currently. Compared to years ago, the 5 day goals have gotten more realistic to accomplish and the end goal prizes have been VERY generous. Storm8, please listen to and respond to your customers, particularly the ones who compensate you for all the hard work that is put into these awesome games!

GeorgiaXYZ
12-22-20, 07:01 PM
One of my pet peeves is that we need to complete three stoves in the first step. That's a lot of parts, and at a stage where it's most difficult to get the parts. You can only request from friends once a day, and the collectibles from cooking are scarce when you have one recipe and one stove. Sometimes the expectation for time and number of dishes to be cooked are pretty unreasonable too.

therealneo
01-07-21, 07:42 PM

I agree 100%!!!!
What is with these new ovens and the amount of new parts required to build them!? Why all the time and energy spent on creating new parts instead of using the basic parts all ovens used to be built with and so many long time players have spent time collecting? The cue is clogged with identical, repetitive parts of different colors and names that can only be used to build a single oven. Why!?!

Sooo many parts needed to build ovens that extras must mow be earned through "collectibles" or it could take you days to build a single oven. What was simple is now complicated and I'm of the opinion that all that time and energy would be better spent making pretty food that fits correctly on top of counters.

kat8rose
01-05-22, 06:13 AM
Longer - if they want to leave the goals the way they are, then we should have 25 days, including the side goal. Then a 5-day goal, then a 25-day goal followed by another 5-day goal. This would give to team more time to make sure things are working and fit properly and be more creative, which I'm sure is important to them. And we wouldn't feel like the tops of our heads are going to explode.

obsording
04-29-22, 07:09 PM
Longer - if they want to leave the goals the way they are, then we should have 25 days, including the side goal. Then a 5-day goal, then a 25-day goal followed by another 5-day goal. This would give to team more time to make sure things are working and fit properly and be more creative, which I'm sure is important to them. And we wouldn't feel like the tops of our heads are going to explode.

i agree, nbr.

(i haven't been keeping up with these RS/BS goal timing threads, though i'm aware that the desire for longer goals isn't unanimous (which is fine))

speaking as one who prefers longer than 15-day goals (at least every other goal), i find it absurd that not only has the 15-day goal been shortened, but also we're now expected to do that and the 5-day goal simultaneously.

i had been hoping this change would be a one-off experiment that they'd drop. sigh. i guess i'll keep that hope on the back burner, for now. one more disappointment to discourage play/interest (for some of us).

Thearesa
04-30-22, 04:29 AM
It needs to stay 15 days or longer and find a way for people who don?t finish to try to finish. It feels like a race, and it?s getting out of hand. Also, so many steps. Example- make 40 10 hour items, 30 5 hour items etc. Not mentioning the side goal. I own a business. This was suppose to be fun. It feels like a full time job. There should be an easier way to return gifts and to find what you need. Also, if you?re looking for things to place in your restaurant, most of the time it rolls back to the beginning. Both games are this way. Many of my neighbors have left. I take a lot of new people because no one wants them usually. It?s not fair to them. Items we need should be in abc order. Too much work, and no play.

bic220
05-05-22, 02:30 PM
So over 75% of the poll resondants said the time needs to be longer. Also a high percentage commented that the amount of parts needed is too high as are the quantities to be cooked. Sooooo...the time was reduced to 14 days and the amount of food to be cooked went up.
??????? Why did we do the poll????????

Snowgoose59
05-05-22, 03:09 PM
Latest goal is 13 days......

barksnchirps
05-05-22, 05:17 PM
Good morning to whole Storm8 team....
I will be happy if you longer the timer for the goal.It will be very convenient.
I think increasing the timer will be convinient for all players becoz everybody have so many responsibilities to carry out to live a normal life....
I hope you people understand the matter n increase the timer....
🌹Have a beautiful day like roses🌹

pomnchi
05-25-22, 07:23 AM
I agree with those who said we should have more than 15 days for goals, and that there are too many appliances, parts, and servings required for just 15 days. Giving more than 15 days could also help us make more money to pay for the appliances, food, and items we need to complete the goal.

CatSS4
05-28-22, 09:57 PM
How do you finish a 14 day challenge in one week without spending gems? Especially now where the final goal requires 40 items of something taking 10 hrs to bake. That alone is 160 hrs of baking/cooking.

Felicity1964
05-29-22, 09:14 AM
I enjoyed the game the old way, so many can’t complete the goals when we have to collect so many parts and so many recipes to make and then to throw in a 5 day goal on top of it!! I have so many upset neighbours (lots quit BS and RS) that can?t complete the goals because they are unrealistic for many that have a busy life with work and family. Most want a game to unwind from after a busy or crazy day. Please bring the original realistic goals back !!!
Thanks

Fatucastonguay
05-29-22, 09:23 AM
I think they should remain 15 days but the amount of parts and work required for these goals for the past couple years is absolutely ridiculous and has led me to abandon the games repeatedly.

Annie_9700
05-29-22, 12:49 PM
Each goal should be at least 14 days long. And why on earth would you change 12 plates to 40 plates on a recipe that takes 10 HOURS to complete?! I know why they do it! In hopes that we run out of time so we are forced to buy gems to complete the goal. Well storm8 you are out of luck because I REFUSE to purchase gems to complete goals, especially since lately the goal prizes have been horrible. Do better, Storm8!

Lucifer1964
05-30-22, 02:36 PM
These changes with the Goals on RS and BS are unrealistic for people who work and worse for those working and have young ones that want to unwind when they can on the game. Some make great friends on here but are being forced to choose a life or the game. These can be traumatic for those with health issues or elderly, these changes are pushing your customers away.

Restaurant4576
05-30-22, 03:56 PM
How I’m supposed to finish these two goals when I only have 17 ovens and I need to do two goals at the same time?

jws3rd
05-30-22, 05:10 PM
40 ,10 hour foods are you nuts. And I got two days left. Half our neighbors dont give us what we need. Oh I get it. We can finish the goal if we buy gems wow Im so done this is a money hungry game. I will be posting a review on not do download this game unless you got no life and love spending money on games

gamerastle2
05-30-22, 08:40 PM
I do not think they should be shortened at all. Now if they keep the quantity to be cooked the same on the 15 day leave as it..if they up it like bakery they need to increase. If they add in a 5 day goal during the 15 day they need to increase the time. Just my opinion.

rustyringwald2
05-31-22, 04:02 PM
Less goal parts and go back to only cooking 12 to 27 dishes the game isn't fun anymore and I have been playing for 13 yrs

Prizepecha
06-01-22, 07:10 AM
I honestly haven't completed a goal in 6 months or more. I can't with a busy job. I basically do them for the new recipes. I mean 10 hours of cooking and I need 40 takes forever unless I build 100 stoves. It's just not worth the hassle anymore,

calnexin
06-01-22, 04:40 PM
Hey all,

The goal time needs to be longer only because the PARTS THAT WE GET FROM MAKING THE DISHES ARE VERY FEW. BEFORE THEY USED TO DROP EVERYTIME WE MADE A DISH NOW THEY DROP EVERY 2ND OR 3RD TIMES. ALSO THERE IS ALWAYS 1 PART THAT HARDLY DROPS.IF S8 WANTS TO KEEP THE 15 DAY GOAL WITH 40 10 HR DISHES FINE, BUT DROP THE PARTS MORE OFTEN PLEASE.

ALSO, THE FREQUENCY OF THE GOALS NEEDS TO CHANGE. BEFORE WE HAD 7 DAY IN BETWEEN GOALS NOW ITS BACK TO BACK WE NEED A BREAK ESP WITH JOB. ATLEAST GIVE A 7 DAY BREAK OR A 5 DAY BREAK. LASTLY DONT PUT 5 DAY GOALS WITH 15 DAY GOALS AT THE SAME TIME. THANK YOU

jennblb
07-01-22, 06:28 AM
For the most part, I?m fine with the new goal format. However, I am NOT fine with the increased cost of each dish. I absolutely refuse to spend gems on buying coins and it takes a huge amount of coins to build up parts to buy the goal appliances. Therefore, I will not be participating in this goal. It is the first goal I?ve missed since starting the game several years ago.

Momsx9
07-01-22, 09:39 AM
It's crazy to attempt a goal in so little time without having to spend real money for coins or gems. It's a game it's suppose to be fun, enjoyable and relaxing. Definetly shorten the amount of food needed to complete or lengthen the time of the goal.

Burntdinner
07-03-22, 09:48 PM
I think it’s a shame that this is still an issue after several years. The goals are getting completely ridiculous given the parts that are needed. As has been noted, the items that are produced from cooking that are supposed to be used to collect parts are less and less. It’s really hard to get all parts needed for appliances without spending real money. I hate that this game is becoming a money grub, but it is. Some of my neighbors are now sitting out on goals. I am really beginning to consider that more seriously as well. It’s clear that this is about the company making crazy profits. It’s no longer fun, but stressful. Locked recipes, only 3 recipes on appliances that are costly…I could go on
and on. I came back to this game after several years and I’m wondering now if that was a bad move.

KingdomMagicD
07-04-22, 11:49 AM
Hello, first..... MAKE THE GOAL TIMER LONGER!
When I started to play this game, I loved it! There was a thing called a goal. To attain the prize at the end, all you had to do was, start the goal in the first place and finish the goal by the end of the month. 3 of the stoves needed for the goal recipes were provided, pre-built. If you wanted more stoves to finish the goal faster, you could ask neighbors to send the part needed. I was able to still have a life, I was more apt to be able to finish a goal, I was able to earn the prize and still work on my restaurant plus help others finish the goal. I would cook to max out recipes in order to earn coins to buy new items in the store. Many new items for sale in the store were for coins not gems and were very detailed. So,
In short.... all those pluses made me download the game in the first place. Now, we only get one pre-built stove and have to depend on others to send the correct part(s) to even get the stoves built to cook the many dishes required! I can no longer finish goals, there are not new items on the store to buy. Any large floor piece is for gems or part of the goal (which is unattainable now for me) PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY!! People CAN have a life, they CAN attain new goal items and they CAN play this game as a game and not a job! THANK YOU!

butter1962
07-06-22, 09:41 AM
It is impossible to complete the main goal if you have a life. People have kids, jobs, friends and commitments. I have found that if I miss a day of playing I can't complete the goal. Recipes that have short cooking times are hard to manage with a full-time job. Also I don't know how new players would be able to complete the main goal with the number of recipes required in two weeks. The challenges were a lot more fun when new appliances mixed new and old parts and were reasonable to complete in two weeks.

Vvetra
07-11-22, 06:09 PM
The game is getting completely destroyed by these new goals unless you can go without sleep or want to spend RIDICULOUS amount of gems. Seems some people (myself included) are still hoping company will come to their senses - naive, I know, guess it's partly driven by the time and money invested into this game over the years - but with every cycle that hope grows smaller and smaller. I picked this game specifically because it was low-stress, no need to constantly babysit, with cute decor in the mix. If the goals back then were like they are now, I would have quit in two weeks tops (and yes, I have deleted every other phone game which demanded too much of my time). I don't think they understand their customers at all, and they are definitely not listening (as proven by the poll above).

tristebelle
07-13-22, 08:05 AM
The game is getting completely destroyed by these new goals unless you can go without sleep or want to spend RIDICULOUS amount of gems. Seems some people (myself included) are still hoping company will come to their senses - naive, I know, guess it's partly driven by the time and money invested into this game over the years - but with every cycle that hope grows smaller and smaller. I picked this game specifically because it was low-stress, no need to constantly babysit, with cute decor in the mix. If the goals back then were like they are now, I would have quit in two weeks tops (and yes, I have deleted every other phone game which demanded too much of my time). I don't think they understand their customers at all, and they are definitely not listening (as proven by the poll above).

100%
I'm border line atm whether to keep playing after everything I've invested in the game, or to just cut my losses. There are so many new games coming out that don't expect as much of a time or $$$ commitment to play...heck, even an old game like runescape can be played on mobile for free, I'm wondering if my time is better spent elsewhere. I lost a day or 2 due to our internet playing up and doubt I'll be finishing...even without this, the goals have been made near impossible and incredibly stressful to do. Between the restaurant story and bakery story goals, I'm just about to leave!

Burntdinner
07-14-22, 04:57 PM

Yes it does seem as tho S8 isn?t listening. I would love to know what the end goal is for them. What?s their strategy? Clearly it isn?t to please or accommodate their customer base.

Lilliepaddd
07-15-22, 10:32 AM
I know a lot of my nbrs are not doing these goals. I don?t like the changes. I will have popsicles for my fall recipes!!!It?s too much and pricey. I?m not happy either :(

Paradicsom7
07-22-22, 08:16 PM
Please give us at least one week break beetween goals �������������� !!!

If You want to make the game more difficult, shorten the playing time, reduce the parts we get when baking, make food more expensive and increase the amount of food that needs to be baked
......than PLEASE GIVE US A LITTLE BREAK!!!!

Please return the relaxed gaming experience for at least a week so that we can enjoy the game and not have the whole thing be a big rush that makes everyone lose their minds!

islandgirl5458
07-26-22, 04:47 PM
Geez guys! What is going on? It was bad enough when you reduced the goal time from 15 to 14 days and now it's at 13 days plus you're putting the side goal right at the beginning of the new Bakery Story goal, July 26th, 2022. Not only that, you're giving us recipes for the side goal that are 22 hours long at the start. Could you make this game any less enjoyable? My neighbors share my sentiment and are ready to quit all the Storm 8 games. Also, what's the point in dropping between 20 and 40 of three of the four required parts to build the appliances but for the 4th part you're only giving us one or two pieces. If you think we're going to spend money to speed up the process, you're wrong. Why can't we have at least a week between goals? I only finish my goals because I bake/cook around the clock, I log into the game at least six times a day and I'm up at midnight for the reset. Otherwise, I would never be able to finish the goals. I'm this close to quitting the games that I have spent many years enjoying.

islandgirl5458
07-26-22, 04:55 PM
Well, sarcastically, of course, but it looks like you got what you sarcastically stated above. They made made the game less enjoyable by decreasing the goal time to 13 days and started with a side goal that requires fifteen 22-hour recipes. I agree with you regarding the week long break in between goals. I also agree that it would be nice if they would drop more of the parts we need in order to build our appliances. It's pointless to accumulate between 20 to 40 of three of the four parts that are required to build the appliances and have only one or two pieces of the fourth part. It makes absolutely no sense why they do it that way. I've been playing these games for about 6 years and it used to be enjoyable. Now it's just homework!

nvangel
07-27-22, 06:36 PM
After over a decade of being a supportive loyal player of s8 games (back when it was team lava) i think im done supporting. S8 gets no more of my real money. Im over it. I havent been able to complete a single goal in any s8 game *bakery, resteraunt, castle) since 2021. Ive given s8 almost 8 months to figure out they messed up and go back to the games EVERYONE loved. S8 you only get 1 more month then im looking for other games that would appreciate my money more than s8 does.

Vvetra
07-29-22, 06:12 PM
This used to be a game for busy people to have a little fun. And most of us are busy people with lives, and jobs, and studies - and with not much time to spend on games. With these changes, you are trying to turn it into a game for people with no lives (other than gaming). But this game is NOT a type of game people play when they have lots of time on their hands - can't list any examples since you deleted my comment when I provided them. OK, you'll push us away (because that's what you're doing right now), and then what?

CGQ42x
08-10-22, 11:45 AM
I’ve just deleted the game after playing for many years. I’m not convinced the goals are actually achievable without spending gems, even if you’re able to go without sleep (and have no outside responsibilities). Storm8 has clearly fully adopted the Pay-to-Play model, which relies on a continual influx of new players who only stick around for a short time. They are not interested in cultivating long-term, loyal players. It’s a shame for those of us who have played a long time, but I really don’t expect them to change anything back at this point. Maybe in a year or 2, but I’m not sticking around to find out. It’s sad.

Snowgoose59
08-11-22, 12:56 PM
It looks like even the kind people who provided the challenge guides have got cheesed off because the format changed dramatically from detailed recipe stages and appliances, tables, counters, prizes etc to best guess recipes and items. There was nothing for the avocado challenge so I didn't bother doing it.

ree2
09-19-22, 02:15 PM

On the contrary. I think they're gearing the game toward the money spenders.

Copy/pasting the rest from my post on Bakery story forum: On the slim chance it matters to post to Storm8's board... I know Storm8 needs to profit and your base of players are largely older, wealthier players who can and will spend money on gems. You do you, Storm 8.

I've been playing off & on since 2010, and enjoyed the old days of more zen play, but am tired of the goal chasing in the last few years.

I'll check back from time to time but have fun everyone!

Vvetra
09-20-22, 02:55 PM
On the contrary. I think they're gearing the game toward the money spenders.

I used to spend money on this game. I used to re-decorate my shop every time the new goal came around (not completely, but at least 50%) and buy new decorations. I have no interest in re-decorating anymore - the game became too stressful as is. I also will not spend another penny on gems until this madness ends and goals go back to normal - and if it never ends, then so be it - because a company that doesn't listen to its user base and literally does the opposite of what users ask for doesn't deserve my money or support.

Burntdinner
09-21-22, 08:00 PM
I wish someone would explain why the recipes are getting more and more expensive to cook. This game is getting way too expensive. The decor, EVERYTHING...

herba6955
10-20-22, 05:45 PM
Is this poll real or just a joke. When it was 15 days I could finish the goal but now that it's 14 days I can't finish the goals unless I use gems which I can't afford living on a fixed income, I and a lot of other players really want the goals changed back to 15 maybe even 16 days. I see players are saying that they finish the goals in 9-10 days I don't see how they're doing that without spending gems, since you need over 40 parts to build a appliance and it it takes 2 days to build an appliance.

noxie23
10-24-22, 08:13 AM
...since you need over 40 parts to build a appliance and it it takes 2 days to build an appliance. (snipped quote)
This and the fact that you need 40 10-hour cooks for the last goal part. You would have to have 5 or 6 of the last oven to even think about getting that done within the 2-3 days you have left by the time you get to this part of the goal.

I've been playing off/on since 2012 and the old way of goals/events were so much more fun AND you had a week or so of breathing room before being introduced to a new goal/event. This would allow players to keep using those event/goal appliances and get some gems for mastering recipes before having to switch everything out for the next round. This back-to-back goal madness is absurd and incredibly stressful.

This game (and bakery story) have been my favorite things to play on mobile for many years, but coming back in recently to this version of the game... I may not pick it back up again until things change.

Currently, I'm trying to do this 2nd Halloween goal in my restaurant, but I don't think I'm going to make it this time around. Feels bad.

cupcakechoclove
11-11-22, 06:37 PM
I agree that there must be some changes and stay with the 15 days, they are too many dishes to cook, there are many parts needed for the stoves, especially the second goal, it takes a long time to finish and if we don't have many neighbors that help, it doesn't build in time, I' ve stopped playing there's two years ago, and I'm coming back definitely now, I'd forgotten why I stopped playing, it's extremely stressful. In short, there are a lot of foods to cook in a short time, too many pieces to build the stoves/ovens, and having two types of goals at the same time only gets in the way, one of 15 days and the other of 5, at least wait for the first goal finish to launch another. And just another request aside, put a way to search the name of the gifts that we are going to send and those that are in the inventory, so it makes it easier and faster. Also a ranking in the friends list where the most active appear first and the date of the last login, it's absurd that it still doesn't have any of that, they only put goals and objects in the game to spend money buying gems, but updates that would improve a lot don't it happens. Sorry if I said too much in this thread.

mmrl
11-11-22, 07:36 PM
If the main and side goals start the same day of the week (every 2 weeks) and we have roughly 1 day off, then we really only have @ 13 days to complete the goals.

thunsley88
11-12-22, 07:25 AM
I absolutely feel bad for anyone that really wants to compete all goals. I realize some people have a ton of ovens but if you don?t then you have to be very dedicated to get parts and cooking all the time. I had to add a lot of players to help with completing goals. My main complaint is mine always rolls out with 14 days but 2-3 hours later says 13 days so I feel *****ed on the 15 days you speak about. I don?t want longer than 15 days but you could cut back on how many parts you need and reuse all the parts we all ready have. Plus give the full 14-15 days.

Rosina2121
11-13-22, 01:39 AM
The extra goals that have been added are too much.

I think we should keep th goals at 14-15 days BUT the side goals take much to much time. We should be given an additional 14 days to complete them. That makes 14 days for the new goal and 28 for the side goals. Some of us start them sooner then others they still take alot of time for all of us,

empressvictoria1963
11-17-22, 07:19 PM
I have decided tonight that I will no longer doing Goals! I’ve been playing this game for almost 10 years now and in the last six months, the goal requirements have gotten ridiculous and I stay home now. I have cancer and I no longer work and I still can’t meet the goals! I’m having to set timers to wake me up in the middle of the night just to finish a recipe; going through all of that and still not completing goals because of the amount you want done! And then Storm8 has decided to start throwing in all these extra goals too! It’s completely outrageous and I?m done! I have spent a lot of money over the years with you all, but I refuse to pay off in gems just to receive not even a great prize anymore!
It’s a dang shame what you all have done to this game and I’m not being anonymous. My name is Vikki Vega aka empressvictoria

thunsley88
11-18-22, 07:08 AM
I have decided tonight that I will no longer doing Goals! I?ve been playing this game for almost 10 years now and in the last six months, the goal requirements have gotten ridiculous and I stay home now. I have cancer and I no longer work and I still can?t meet the goals! I?m having to set timers to wake me up in the middle of the night just to finish a recipe; going through all of that and still not completing goals because of the amount you want done! And then Storm8 has decided to start throwing in all these extra goals too! It?s completely outrageous and I?m done! I have spent a lot of money over the years with you all, but I refuse to pay off in gems just to receive not even a great prize anymore!
It?s a dang shame what you all have done to this game and I?m not being anonymous. My name is Vikki Vega aka empressvictoria.
Vikki I have found if I build 5 of the first appliance and 6 of the second, I?m able to finish goal
I don?t cook in the middle of the night unless the food takes longer than 5 hours. I did have to add new friends so I can build appliance faster. If you want you can add me Thunsley8 I?ve played for 10 years. If you don?t want to do goals I would still build to get the gems.

tristebelle
11-18-22, 11:32 PM
I have decided tonight that I will no longer doing Goals! I’ve been playing this game for almost 10 years now and in the last six months, the goal requirements have gotten ridiculous and I stay home now. I have cancer and I no longer work and I still can’t meet the goals! I’m having to set timers to wake me up in the middle of the night just to finish a recipe; going through all of that and still not completing goals because of the amount you want done! And then Storm8 has decided to start throwing in all these extra goals too! It’s completely outrageous and I?m done! I have spent a lot of money over the years with you all, but I refuse to pay off in gems just to receive not even a great prize anymore!
It’s a dang shame what you all have done to this game and I’m not being anonymous. My name is Vikki Vega aka empressvictoria

I'm REALLY struggling too, it's fricken ridiculous what they're doing!

tristebelle
11-18-22, 11:43 PM
100%
I'm border line atm whether to keep playing after everything I've invested in the game, or to just cut my losses. There are so many new games coming out that don't expect as much of a time or $$$ commitment to play...heck, even an old game like runescape can be played on mobile for free, I'm wondering if my time is better spent elsewhere. I lost a day or 2 due to our internet playing up and doubt I'll be finishing...even without this, the goals have been made near impossible and incredibly stressful to do. Between the restaurant story and bakery story goals, I'm just about to leave!

I'm also borderline whether I want to stay or go, I used to spend a fair bit on decorations but since they've started all of this cr*p on RS and BS, I haven't spent a cent, I refuse to invest any more money into a company that won't even listen to their long time playerbase. Over the years, I have mainly played for the goals, but originally they were relaxed and I had fun with them. Now it's a chore and I keep wonder why I keep bothering trying to finish them! I'm really frustrated that the company won't listen to us!

Saphirmoon
11-25-22, 07:58 PM
The goals should be for bakery story as well longer.
If you have a job or not, those goals as they are right now, no one can possibly finish theme in time, unless they pay money for it.
That is not fair, it should not be pay to play.
A game should not be a full time job. If you wait all day for your neighbors to reply to your request, and you only get 10 requests a a day answered no wonder the goals are that hard.
People have a life, and can't be online 24 hours a day. Those 5 days goals are a joke, you need at least 2 days to build one stove. That all should be calculated before releasing the goals. i doubt it, that those goals are tested. by those who made theme. And if they really can finish those 14 days goals in time, or 5 days goals then only because they have acces to endless amount of cash as people, who work for that company.
Even if you manage to be online all day,which i hardly doubt: Goals right now are pay to win and not fair, and if they hope on it, bye making it more frustrating and stressful for us, we will pay now for every goal: Wrong i will never pay, to pass any goal.

Paradicsom7
11-25-22, 10:34 PM
I noticed that we get fewer coins per unit of time than before. Is it possible?
I need to pay for the coins so that i have enough coins to buy everything.
I haven't got enough coins for the goals, meals, stoves etc...
I am disappointed, frustrated and angry now again.

Saphirmoon
11-26-22, 12:26 AM
I noticed that we get fewer coins per unit of time than before. Is it possible?
I need to pay for the coins so that i have enough coins to buy everything.
I haven't got enough coins for the goals, meals, stoves etc...
I am disappointed, frustrated and angry now again.
I am afraid it is true. Decoating really got expensive, stoves are way to expensive. 39.000 coins for one stove. Way to much.

ilikestuffies
01-13-23, 05:40 PM
They should cut back on how much food has to get made. I have an obsessed teenager who really is into the game and she shouldn?t be checking the game during school. I play as well and I can?t check when I?m at work but I?m an adult and don?t care about the game so much and don?t have the obsession to do goals. I really wish my kid had not downloaded the game.

Sunshinesong22
01-21-23, 01:18 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the chance to give feedback. In past years, we would have reasonable goals that could be accomplished in 1-2 weeks which was nice. Occasionally, we would have a smaller mid month goal but it was random- sometimes we had them and sometimes not.

Recently, the goals seem extremely excessive in the quantities needed to be cooked.
Most players are not "full time Restaurant Game players". Many players have real jobs, need to work overtime, have family and children responsibilities, are students with exams and many are people with illnesses or health issues. Yes, there are probably extreme players who devote every minute to this game, but I don't think it is the majority.

Sometimes, mostly recently, I think you feel it is necessary to keep us busy cooking non-stop until the next goal- but I doubt that is a real need for most. I actually enjoy choosing the foods I cook and when I cook them- so please do not feel you need to keep us busy- most of us are busy enough😄

My real timing concern today deals with these extra foods to cook for an extra, not required prize. I can't believe 40 servings of candy corn cupcakes??! Is that a typo? Don't get me wrong, they are my favorite Halloween food--BUT that is 40 batches at 4 hours each= 160 cooking hours for 1 food. That is like 1 oven working 4 workweeks nonstop!! (4x40 hrs/week) I think that is too much for me!! Plus, I started to cook them early and none of those are reflected in my inventory!! Ditto with the 3 dishes that expire 10-19- I started to cook them right away and none of my dishes counted until I reached that milestone in the game. So, I had to cook more candy corn pizzas, etc which did not make me real happy. The inventory counters are not working properly which is causing us to cook more- maybe keep them locked until we get can actual credit.

Timing wise,
1) Definitely keep the major monthly goal (a definite week each month, like years ago, would be nice).
2) Reduce the number of dishes required for the extra prize to be more realistic.
3) Get the inventory counters fixed - they started to act up with the Moon goal thus summer

Those would be major improvements.

I love the fun decor you have this year and am happy to have a Halloween goal. Thanks for all of your efforts!! They are appreciated!! 👻🎃joolie🎃👻

I agree. I believe # for goals are too high also. I believe everything she is saying Keep up the good work. I look forward to the changes.

bellac94
01-22-23, 01:55 AM
I think they should go back to the old way when 5 day goals were seperate from the 14 day goals and cut the recipes back also. 40 dishes at 10 hour a piece is a lot. You guys have turned this game into chore and I agree with what other's have said in this forum about new players. It's impossible for them to complete these ridiculous goals so they end up quiting the game. I could barely keep up and I've been playing on and off for over 10 years and have 40 ovens. I can't complete half the goals because there too demanding. I have a life outside of team lava and its sad because I've been a member since 2011 and I've seen a lot of changes through the years but now I think it's geared at you buying and spending gems just to complete the goals.

Snowgoose59
01-24-23, 09:11 AM
Has anyone ever had time to complete the additional appliance cooking that sometimes is unlocked after the main challenge prize?

nvangel
01-24-23, 08:28 PM
Make it longer or im done too. I gave s8 a whole year ... a year where i could NOT complete a single goal is rs or bs! And ive got 13 plus years of resources and my ovens running 24/7 and not 1 goal completed! I wont do a year 2 of this bull. Fix or i am out too. Btw i quit supporting storm 8 games because of this issue in bakery and restaurant stories and i had supported $$$ in all the games including castle and dragon not 1 penny will i spend in any of their games till these games are back to being enjoyable. Id rather put my money into a game i know im going to be playing in a month not one ive been thinking about dropping cause its worse than a job

Prizepecha
01-25-23, 10:59 AM
I have been playing this gafor more years than I can even remember and I am ready to quit. I have not completed a goal in many months because they are too long with too many items needed. I make to last item and then its 8 hrs left. You took the fun out of it and made it like a job. If it doesn't change, I will just close up and find a simpler game to play. Only way to complete goal is to purchase. Thats not right.
I miss the old days when this was fun to play, not stressful and aggravating

X4a2
01-28-23, 12:26 AM
I have switched to only doing the side goal and all five day goals. I am SO much happier this way. It's basically stress free. I actually earn coins from my food now instead of spending whatever I could earn in two weeks on new items (2 new expensive appliances, 6 new expensive recipes, wall d?cor I don't usually use, etc). You can build up a decent collection using just these shorter goals, combined with occasional sales (I bought all the frozen lake floor tiles at 500 apiece), and you end up finally building all those other appliances you have been meaning to build over the years. Maybe I will put together a cost calculator to compare to show people how much they are effectively giving up by engaging in the main goals. I am telling you, it is insane. Change to side+5 only, and you will be so much happier and at least kind of enjoy the game. Think about it. None of us do all the goals ever anyway. When they offer you a couple thousand coins in exchange for winning every single crate prize on a new crate, you don't expect to win that one either, do you? So just treat the main goal like a nuisance, in my opinion, and after buying your flooring and wallpaper, assuming you like the side goal prize enough to buy those, just chill enough to rock those. It's not perfect but SO much better, and it avoids burnout (I left the game for 18 months because of burnout from it), which is great. Try it!

lalalulu84
01-28-23, 07:02 AM
LONGER!! I work nights sleep days and I'm a single mom. I used to love this game when I started playing back in 2013 but now it's hard to keep up with building new stoves when you need 28 parts but can only get 20 gifts a day. I have 138 neighbors but it's not much help when I have a quota on gifts and part request. If you finish on time good for you but I have yet to finish a goal. 28 parts and 15 days with only 20 gifts a day and then a lot of the times it's a gift sent the day before and I need parts for the second goal and have to wait another X amount of hours before k can get them. This game used to be fun I took a 2 year break and now I remember why I did. It's no longer fun.

V'vetra
02-23-23, 04:29 PM
"The North Wind & the Sun" - Aesop Fable

The North Wind and the Sun had a quarrel about which of them was the stronger. While they were disputing with much heat and bluster, a Traveler passed along the road wrapped in a cloak.

"Let us agree," said the Sun, "that he is the stronger who can strip that Traveler of his cloak."

"Very well," growled the North Wind, and at once sent a cold, howling blast against the Traveler.

With the first gust of wind the ends of the cloak whipped about the Traveler's body. But he immediately wrapped it closely around him, and the harder the Wind blew, the tighter he held it to him. The North Wind tore angrily at the cloak, but all his efforts were in vain.

Then the Sun began to shine. At first his beams were gentle, and in the pleasant warmth after the bitter cold of the North Wind, the Traveler unfastened his cloak and let it hang loosely from his shoulders. The Sun's rays grew warmer and warmer. The man took off his cap and mopped his brow. At last he became so heated that he pulled off his cloak, and, to escape the blazing sunshine, threw himself down in the welcome shade of a tree by the roadside.

Gentleness and kind persuasion win where force and bluster fail.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Do I need to add that the current goals strategy feels like the North Wind, or is it clear enough?

SweetestTexasT
04-10-23, 07:55 AM
The goals are impossible to complete, there are too many parts/steps with cooking times that are way too long

PeachCultivator
04-13-23, 05:36 PM
Exactly like most people commenting as of recently, the goal length should remain at 14 days but the requirements for number of dishes served should be reduced or the number of parts required for the second goal appliance should be reduced to match the first goal appliance. I think this would make the goals remain as a fair challenge while being reasonable to complete for most players.

Sandyfleck1
04-29-23, 12:41 PM
I agree with PeachCulivator cut back on number of parts required and cut back on the number of dishes that need to be prepared

ktwhoopi
05-02-23, 02:43 PM
The time frame is fine but the requirements are ridiculous!! 40 items of a 10 hour recipie? It can?t be done without wasting gems 🤷🏼*♀️

shrimpi93
05-04-23, 06:20 PM
longer. even at level 99 it?s impossible to finish a goal especially if you only have the appliances allotted.

ijlee88
11-07-23, 03:30 PM
Totally agreed with Jolie 12. We are not 24/7 game players and sometimes we missed to collect the items and get spoiled, with limited new appliances plus parts need to be collected to build more appliances in order to cook more qty to meet the goals, plus the required number of servings are ridiculously high. The worst part is some recipes in the goal required 1 or 2 days to complete. Wanting to receive the reward but yet it seems not able to reach. That?s so frustrating, disappointing, and discouraging.

ijlee88
11-07-23, 03:33 PM
Agreed

VAM55
11-12-23, 11:10 PM
I'm missing so much because neighbors do not respond and only at times use the game to progress on other games..we need a longer time to at least make their own appliances and get to build them and make items needed to complete that said goal.. I've updated and added more neighbors but still lose out because time frame is too short and you're asking to cook so much more in the short time.. it's no longer a game but a tiresome chore like an unpaid job,.where is the fun in that and that does not make me want to spend money. Makes me feel you don't care because majority wins? I've been here for 20 years and spent so much.. as a disabled person, this is my fun outlet and I feel robbed.. I've built 3 of each, restaurant, bakery and fashion.. that's how much I've loved this program.. you've let me down.. at least do longer period during the holidays.. I'm on disability, I don't always have the means to purchase to win a goal item.. not enough time and neighbors that is not always fair.. they finish fast then start sending what they need instead of requesting it and forget about those who need them to continue sending goal parts.. obviously we cant control those but you need to honour your faithful clients. Give us more time..

Saphirmoon
11-21-23, 04:25 PM
Sry, but i don't even finish the 5-day goals, not even the 14 Days goals.
5 days is way to short in time, to build ovens, and to cook all meals for the 5-day goals.
What is unfair when it comes to the 5-day goals the Goals don't show you how many parts you have to do, to finish the goals, compared to other goals.
It just keeps and keeps on opening up new tasks, new chapters, with new task then to complete, and much work for only a time limited 5-day goals.
Sorry, but whoever who made this goal is not fair at all.
People have a life, and game makers should take that into consideration before releasing goals.

mamareader02
11-21-23, 05:20 PM
2 weeks would be fine with less oven parts,5 day should be 6-7 days

pomnchi
12-05-23, 10:13 AM
2 weeks would be fine with less oven parts,5 day should be 6-7 days

I agree! If they can’t give us more days then there should be less parts. A 14-day goal would definitely be more doable if the appliances would require less parts!

karnott1
12-19-23, 05:17 PM
The goal times are very unreasonable. I am level 99, have every appliance, most are multiple, and I STILL cannot complete them! It?s very frustrating!