PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the dog bowls?!

Unregistered
03-20-11, 12:38 AM
Everyone is gifting dog bowl? Why? They are expensive and useless. I mean cmon! I dont even have a dog. What should I do with 5 dog bowl decorations?!

Unregistered
03-20-11, 01:49 AM
Your neighbours are kindly gifting you the highest resell valued giftable item.

Unregistered
03-20-11, 05:23 AM
Everyone is gifting dog bowl? Why? They are expensive and useless. I mean cmon! I dont even have a dog. What should I do with 5 dog bowl decorations?!

They gift the bowl so you can sell it for 400 a bowl. I have nbrs that gift other things sometimes but I decline those gifts because I cows, shrubs and chickens have little resale value.

Unregistered
03-20-11, 12:12 PM
Seriously it annoys me when people never send dog bowls, I have one neighbor who is on level 50, and sends me a chicken daily. I don't want to sound ungrateful but thanks for the 50 coin chicken. If you would have sent me the dog bowl, I could have bought 8 chickens, if I wanted them.

Donnahh
03-21-11, 03:16 AM
Seriously it annoys me when people never send dog bowls, I have one neighbor who is on level 50, and sends me a chicken daily. I don't want to sound ungrateful but thanks for the 50 coin chicken. If you would have sent me the dog bowl, I could have bought 8 chickens, if I wanted them.

LOL I thought of this today when I was playing Bakery .. I was like omg thanks, yet more frikken waffles. Decline.

I'm not a snob but I figure out of 80-100 neighbors on each Story I finally will get my 20 daily good gifts eventually :)

adellis
03-29-11, 05:11 AM

I feel the same way about the dog bowls! "Thanks for the $400 coin dog bowl, I can sell 2 of them to buy the 1 tree you could have given me instead"
I wish FS had a "wish list" where people could post what they would like for their farm. I would rather have trees, because it saves me money from buying them. I don't mind giving dog bowls if that's what my neighbor wants, but I hate getting them every day from the same people because they THINK it's what I would want.

adellis
03-29-11, 05:13 AM
I decline every dog bowl, and wait for the trees, sometimes a cow or a sheep. But chickens and dog bowls...DECLINE!

adellis
03-29-11, 05:25 AM
Your neighbours are kindly gifting you the highest resell valued giftable item.

Why do my neighbors assume I'm going to SELL every gift??? Just as when I choose a gift for a birthday or holiday IRL, I would rather choose something the recipient can actually use, I don't buy gifts based upon how much the person can get for it on a gift card or store credit.

The dog bowl also only thinks short-term. If you think long-term, a tree, a cow, even a sheep (or a chicken...but they are just too darn hard to click on!!) will pay you much more than a dog bowl, over the long run!!

I wouldn't even mind if they rotated, ie. sent a different gift every day, b/c at least sometimes I would get something usable. But EVERY day the same dog bowl from the same people?? Eventually I will just begin un-neighboring the habitual dog bowl gifters to make room for similarly-minded neighbors.

momosfarm1
03-29-11, 11:20 AM
Some neighbours like dog bowls, if you don't,just post on their wall what it is that you prefer. If they ignore you, then remove them from your neighbour list.

DoubleZ
03-30-11, 03:15 AM
I decline all gifts except dog bowls and max out on gifts daily. That's 8000 coins I get every day by selling dog bowls. You won't get that from trees and definitely not from animals, which by the way, don't award XP either! Being at level 60, my farm is full of everything I want, and my inventory is stuffed to the gills with a surplus of items that won't fit on my farm. I can understand those under say level 20 wanting orange and plum trees or even a cow, but wanting or accepting items that you can purchase for less than what a dog bowl sells for isn't a very smart way to play. Those of you that are so against dog bowls will regret not accepting them, because each expansion gets tremendously more costly.

sheanrose
03-30-11, 07:43 AM
it's a game, for heavens sake. you can just plant some days longer some more crops to earn the coins to expand - or whatever you wanna "buy" !

think about people above level 40 for example having more than 60 neighbors - how should they remember which neighbor wants a tree or chicken? btw the dogbowls are quite a gift: just think about the peach in treasure story - thats ridiculous! :cool:

sehana
03-30-11, 09:11 AM
some days I like the dog bowls for selling, some days I'll take the trees :) depends on my mood and what I have time for...

Do I want to waste an hour or 2 selling all the dog bowls?
http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84
Plus the 100 or so already on the farm.

crystalrayn3
03-30-11, 09:38 AM
Just wait til you hit level 96 like I have. With such a large farm, I need all the extra coin I can beg, steal and borrow to plant/decorate! Here's a big THANK YOU to all my neighbors and their dog bowls gifts!!!

DoubleZ
03-30-11, 12:37 PM
some days I like the dog bowls for selling, some days I'll take the trees :) depends on my mood and what I have time for...

Do I want to waste an hour or 2 selling all the dog bowls?
http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84
Plus the 100 or so already on the farm.

Wow!! That's 96,000 coins you have at your fingertips!! The trick is to sell them when you get them, not hoard them like that.

DoubleZ
03-30-11, 12:44 PM
think about people above level 40 for example having more than 60 neighbors - how should they remember which neighbor wants a tree or chicken? btw the dogbowls are quite a gift: just think about the peach in treasure story - thats ridiculous! :cool:

I have 232 neighbors, all of which have a 3 or 4  rating. 2 of my upper level neighbors specifically requested topiaries to incorporate in their farm design, but other than those 2, everyone else gets dog bowls. I'll occasionally visit the lower level farms before I gift to see if they're needing something, but generally I simply don't have the time to get into specifics. I figure they can at least sell the bowls and apply it to something they want. I could send chickens instead...?? I personally find being gifted anything that costs less than 400 coins an insult, namely chickens and apple trees.

DoubleZ
03-30-11, 12:48 PM
Oh, and if I were to poll my neighbors on what type of gift they want, 95% of them would say dog bowls. I'm not longer adding new neighbors, but when I was, I would mention that if they preferred to receive something other than dog bowls, to let me know. Only once can I recall anyone even responding and requesting something else.

sehana
03-31-11, 03:52 PM
Ha ha, the dog bowls are only a fraction of what I have with Empire and City Story.
Check it out...
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/208117_156712414388722_100001498936801_340720_1135 291_n.jpghttp://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/208117_156712397722057_100001498936801_340719_4337 239_n.jpg

crystalrayn3
04-04-11, 02:45 PM
Ha ha, the dog bowls are only a fraction of what I have with Empire and City Story.
Check it out...
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/208117_156712414388722_100001498936801_340720_1135 291_n.jpghttp://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/208117_156712397722057_100001498936801_340719_4337 239_n.jpg

You're simply silly to horde your items & then complain. Either use em or sell em and move on to your next farm design.

sehana
04-04-11, 11:47 PM
You're simply silly to horde your items & then complain. Either use em or sell em and move on to your next farm design.
Ha ha I know it's a waste of gifts and money that won't be used. But by the time I gift everyone on all TL games and accept gifts on all TL games. My hubby, kids and school need my attention. So it just stacks up until I again have enough free time to repeat the process and be able to sell 50 or so. But I still enjoy playing when I have time. Someday I will be able to sell all in one go... Lol

ID: Sehana (http://sehanafortress.com/iapps) | Facebook (http://facebook.com/kairalyn)
http://sehanafortress.com/mystuff/sig-08s1_rsw300px.jpg (http://sehanafortress.com/iapps)
Storm8 ID Add Me List for TeamLava games (http://sehanafortress.com/tl_id)
How to post picture in forums? (http://sehanafortress.com/forum_help)

DoubleZ
04-07-11, 02:14 AM
Ha ha I know it's a waste of gifts and money that won't be used. But by the time I gift everyone on all TL games and accept gifts on all TL games. My hubby, kids and school need my attention. So it just stacks up until I again have enough free time to repeat the process and be able to sell 50 or so. But I still enjoy playing when I have time. Someday I will be able to sell all in one go... Lol

Wow!! I waste enough of my day playing just FS! One's enough for me!

sehana
04-08-11, 08:45 AM
Wow!! I waste enough of my day playing just FS! One's enough for me!

LOL!!
Oh I sold all 460+ dog bowls (Farm); 880 alters (Empire); and 2000 mobile homes, fast food, libraries (CIty) yesterday !!!

cwmole
04-14-11, 02:48 AM
Interesting discussion :p I tend to give dog bowls as most of my neighbours are high level like me, and just sell them, but I sometimes send a tree or something to someone who is just starting out - since that's likely to be more useful to them - they can always decline. As an aside, I recently remodelled, and I had 835 dog bowls ...... took me quite some time to put them out so I could sell them - it would be really useful if we could sell directly from our inventories!

Bandtx
04-16-11, 10:23 AM
lol i have 3581 dog bowls+

DoubleZ
04-16-11, 05:00 PM
It only takes an extra minute to sell them as you receive them. It serves to purpose to hoard them like that.

sehana
04-16-11, 08:37 PM
lol i have 3581 dog bowls+

Wow!

( asked me to put more characters cuz wow! Was too short)

crystalrayn3
04-17-11, 03:17 PM
Dog bowls come in handy when designing. They make great borders & such. I sold my horde of dog bowls to help finance that $10k mansion

bobbie629
05-01-11, 11:35 AM
Like others I prefer the dog bowls. I can sell them and buy whatever I want. I usually ALWAYS gift them. I have had neighbors post on my wall that they are looking for specific items. I do gift them what they ask. I don't want to assume my neighbors will sell all their gifts, but I guess I just do it because they are the highest value.

Auramyna
05-02-11, 04:42 PM
How does being expensive come into it? I was under the impression that the gifter doesn't pay for the gift.

Auramyna
05-02-11, 04:48 PM
Why do my neighbors assume I'm going to SELL every gift??? Just as when I choose a gift for a birthday or holiday IRL, I would rather choose something the recipient can actually use, I don't buy gifts based upon how much the person can get for it on a gift card or store credit.

The dog bowl also only thinks short-term. If you think long-term, a tree, a cow, even a sheep (or a chicken...but they are just too darn hard to click on!!) will pay you much more than a dog bowl, over the long run!!

I wouldn't even mind if they rotated, ie. sent a different gift every day, b/c at least sometimes I would get something usable. But EVERY day the same dog bowl from the same people?? Eventually I will just begin un-neighboring the habitual dog bowl gifters to make room for similarly-minded neighbors.

If you want to compare it to real life: when in doubt what to give someone, you give them money or a gift card. So the dog bowl is like that as they can sell it. There is always the possibility that a low value item may have more intrinsic value to someone but we cannot read minds and most ppl don't have time to examine every friend's farm & gift individually.

Also, perhaps a tree can make more money over the long term but some ppl don't have any space to put a tree or it doesn't fit in to their design. You only have to save a small space for the dog bowl.

Auramyna
05-02-11, 04:50 PM
This was to the OP:
How does being expensive come into it? I was under the impression that the gifter doesn't pay for the gift.

sweetsatisfaction
05-03-11, 05:18 PM
I've been gifted with dog bowls 4 times and a chicken and a cow and i'd like to have them all but i can't find my gifts anywhere.. aren't they suppose to be in the main menu like the bakery and the restaurants gifts are?

sweetsatisfaction
05-03-11, 06:05 PM
never mind i just figured it out..

torbent
05-09-11, 04:06 AM
Inventory and there are all the gifts.

uvegot2bkidding
05-11-11, 02:00 PM
Trees and animals may not resell for much (as much as dog bowls that are worth only 400 coins) but they are both decorative AND productive. Chickens can be "collected" twice/day and cows "milked" for 160 + XP (towards going up levels). Same with sheep, lambs, pigs and hogs. Decorate your farm with animals and over time you'll get back a lot more than a one-time dog bowl sale (20 cows x 160 coins = 3,200 coins a day)!

darbs90
06-19-11, 08:44 PM
I gift dogbowls and will accept any gift given. I like to give dogbowls so my nbr can sell it and buy or save for what they need. If I were to give a tree or animal, I would take the time to give an Orange Tree, white chicken, or cow because they give the nbr more bang for the buck (gift). I can't understand why I have nbrs who give me mats, bricks, concrete, tiles, or wiring especially because I'm not building anything and if I were, I'd ask them to send me that stuff.

nmishii
06-24-11, 07:54 PM
Trees and animals are great gifts for those starting out, but at 20 gifts/day, eventually you have more trees and animals than you need. And when that happens, a person starts wanting dog bowls because they can be sold and the money used for what is needed for the farm, such as buildings and expansions that get more and more expensive with each.

xSnowyOwlx
06-24-11, 09:03 PM
I agree with nmishii. I just sell all the gifts I get since I don't need hundreds of animals and trees. I like to keep my farm properly organized so I just stick with 4 of each tree that I have room for and currently since there's not a lot of space I just keep 1 of each animal.

gmlaster
07-06-11, 09:59 AM

I have been gifted 72 dog bowls...don't have a dog, though. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could trade in surplus or unwanted gifts for coins or gems? I reckon I'm never gonna use all them dog bowls, even if I do get a dog someday.

gmlaster
07-06-11, 10:02 AM
Wow!! That's 96,000 coins you have at your fingertips!! The trick is to sell them when you get them, not hoard them like that.

Thanx. I couldnt figure out what I was supposed to do with so many dog bowls.

alfredjennings
07-06-11, 06:11 PM
I take what my neighbors give me, then I clear land and sell them off... Yep dog bowls are great at 400 eacn, sure beats some of the other items.

gobblies
07-06-11, 06:34 PM
dog bowls are useless, unless you have a dog. they get hungry, you know ;)