PDA

View Full Version : How to unlock goals I missed?

kweezy19
11-10-13, 04:23 PM
There are a few foods that are locked because they're a "Goal"... Such as Kobe Burger and Marinated Chicken on the grill appliance. I'm level 92 so it's not because I'm not at a certain level... It just
says goal. Thanks!

meme1098
11-10-13, 04:36 PM
I still have some goal recipes as well at the end of some of my main appliance recipes. I missed out on some holiday goals before I started playing mid-2012. Specifically, fruit cake, stuffing, holiday ham & prime rib just to name a few. I'll never be able to get them since the goals are long gone and not coming back.
If those were a special holiday goal, then you'll never be able to access them either. It's very disconcerting to have them stay there all the time staring you in the face, I know.

chewytwix
11-10-13, 05:21 PM
the goals for fruit cake and stuffing were awful from what I remember. It cost 20+ gems to unlock because you had to buy a snowman decor that costs 24gems or something that I did not want. I played since 2010 and remember thinking the first xmas goals were lame. the ones we have now are much better

meme1098
11-10-13, 05:38 PM
Thks chewy twix. I wish they could figure out a way to get rid of those old goal foods. You'd think since some of the other games remove holiday stuff, RS could find a way to do that, too.

FruitLoopsFarms
11-13-13, 06:31 PM
I wish we didn't have goals and everything as unlocked! The game would be SO much more fun.

TinksThots
11-14-13, 02:37 AM
Thks chewy twix. I wish they could figure out a way to get rid of those old goal foods. You'd think since some of the other games remove holiday stuff, RS could find a way to do that, too.
It's all in the coding. When things are removed from the game like that, they're removed for everybody... meaning that those who unlocked that stuff would lose access to it. Removing content that was just added and made available for everyone is one thing, but removing things that people had to work for is another. I hate seeing locked stuff too, but I'd hate it even more if I lost stuff I've unlocked just because other people didn't want to have to look at it. :/

TinksThots
11-14-13, 02:44 AM
Also, leaving things locked forever like that, with no chance down the road for new players (or anyone who missed them for whatever reason) to repeat those goals, is downright rude, TL. Have you checked out what a new game looks like lately? There's so much locked content, it's not really even worth starting. Not when you know it's all unattainable, anyway... those who don't know that, they just think they have a ton of goals coming... someday... eventually... :/

meme1098
11-14-13, 10:27 AM
Good points,Tinks. I feel the same way. Those old goals, even holiday/seasonal ones, should be available to new players at some point during their game. I can't imagine just starting now and how many locked recipes there'd be I couldn't access. As it is now for me, I have just a few, 3 or 4 but still would like to earn them somehow.

jsy98
12-07-13, 02:21 PM
Will we ever be able to complete goals that we either missed out on or did not finish on time? I have a bunch of goal items in my inventory that I would like to unlock, but cannot access them because I just recently started playing on this account. Thank you for your help!

Mochamomx2
12-09-13, 11:07 AM
I have yet to see the goals be reloaded but think it's an excellent idea. There are some items that I would like to have as well. The items are still in inventory so I'm not sure how complicated it would be to run the goals again. Or at least unlock them for a fee... you need 49 gems to unlock an extra appliance anyway.

ginrae22
12-09-13, 11:11 AM
yeah i think if they are never ever going to make them accessible again and from experience that's exactly what will keep happening they should at least take the locked item out of our inventory so we don't see it. We wouldn't miss what we didn't know was a goal reward.

FrankieM2013
12-10-13, 07:48 AM
I recently missed a timed goal and now no goals show other than the ones that want you to download other Teamlava games. Can this be fixed so that I can get goals again?

lyssea
12-11-13, 01:48 AM
I just need that Winter Oven Goal out of my inventory...I wasn't in time to complete it as I started playing just a few days before it ended. It stares at me all the time and I really wanted to bake thos cupcakes!

meme1098
12-11-13, 07:33 AM
I recently missed a timed goal and now no goals show other than the ones that want you to download other Teamlava games. Can this be fixed so that I can get goals again?

If you've complete all goals, then that's it. Hopefully, today will be the day we get a new goal. (Fingers crossed)

TinksThots
12-11-13, 01:15 PM
I just need that Winter Oven Goal out of my inventory...I wasn't in time to complete it as I started playing just a few days before it ended. It stares at me all the time and I really wanted to bake thos cupcakes!
Like I keep saying, if they remove it for you, it would also be removed from players who did unlock it, meaning they wouldn't be able to use theirs anymore, and that wouldn't be very fair, would it?

TinksThots
12-11-13, 01:17 PM
Btw, I have the same one locked, along with the rose oven, so I know how it feels.

meme1098
12-11-13, 02:56 PM
I just think it's funny that unlocked dishes from seasons past appear in my RS but catalogs from seasons past in FS can just get pulled whether you've mastered them or not. Different story game I know but you'd think that sort of thing would be the same across all TLs games.

ginrae22
12-11-13, 03:13 PM
Btw, I have the same one locked, along with the rose oven, so I know how it feels.

How do you know that? Just curious.

ginrae22
12-11-13, 03:15 PM
sorry i meant how do you know if they pull that from inventory that it automatically takes it away from everyone who has it unlocked?

TinksThots
12-11-13, 06:34 PM
sorry i meant how do you know if they pull that from inventory that it automatically takes it away from everyone who has it unlocked?
I'm familiar with that type of coding/programming. If the icon is gone, it's gone, whether it was locked or not. Aside from going through each game individually and blocking the view of locked content, which would take hundreds of man hours, there's really no other way than leaving it like it is now.

capncrunch203
06-19-14, 07:11 AM
Hello, a goal ago there were Tea Dispensers and I didn't get around to finishing the goal. I have the first recipe unlocked and currently brewing the Sweet Tea. Is there a way to unlock those two other recipes or are they gone to me forever? I've never had this happen before. Thanks for any help!!

kooky panda
06-19-14, 09:41 AM
No I am sorry, but once the goal has expired, you will not be able to unlock the recipes.

kgp70282
11-29-15, 12:17 PM
I have actually only been playing for almost 3yrs I would love to have a second chance week to gain appliances that were missed in the goals or something.

GeorgieMutt
12-01-15, 03:04 PM
Me too! I drool over the Cemetary trellis. (Grins) yeah I always wanted my own Cemetary to go with the more New Orleans theme!

Sweetluvers
01-28-16, 08:34 PM
I also was wondering how to unlock the missed goals.

kooky panda
01-29-16, 08:36 AM
I am sorry but locked goals were awarded from past goals. Right now there is not a option to unlock these prizes.
Sorry!

We don't plan on releasing these special appliances to all players at this time - it wouldn't be fair to the player who completed it while the goals were available. Sorry about that!

Werekatze
02-16-16, 01:52 PM
The current valentine goal requiring you to buy flowers is still showing as locked for me. Is this a known bug?

deekathleen
02-16-16, 01:58 PM
The current valentine goal requiring you to buy flowers is still showing as locked for me. Is this a known bug?

Here is the current Valentine goal thread, it will show you each step of the goal and the requirements to do it.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88978-RESTAURANT-GOALS-2016-Feb-10-Valentine-s-Day

Werekatze
02-16-16, 02:41 PM
Here is the current Valentine goal thread, it will show you each step of the goal and the requirements to do it.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88978-RESTAURANT-GOALS-2016-Feb-10-Valentine-s-Day

I am on the right step, it asks me to have two of the vday bouquets, and when I click it, it brings me to the flowers but they are locked. =(

deekathleen
02-16-16, 02:55 PM
I am on the right step, it asks me to have two of the vday bouquets, and when I click it, it brings me to the flowers but they are locked. =(

You probably need to collect the six candy kisses from your neighbors before it will unlock the flowers. It's all in the goal thread :)

kooky panda
02-16-16, 03:01 PM
For additional questions on this current goal, please ask on the current goal thread that Deekathleen posted.

Werekatze
02-16-16, 03:04 PM
You probably need to collect the six candy kisses from your neighbors before it will unlock the flowers. It's all in the goal thread :)

Oh darn it... Hehe, thank you for catching that, Deekathleen!! And apologies, Kookypanda. I will, thank you. =)

ajay976
03-01-16, 11:42 AM
I bought hot dog stand not knowing it was part of goals I missed, How can I unlock other recipes? I appreciate any help you can offer.

pcabral03
03-01-16, 12:17 PM
I bought hot dog stand not knowing it was part of goals I missed, How can I unlock other recipes? I appreciate any help you can offer.

Once goal is over if you didn't finish it no way to unlock other recipes...sorry

ajay976
03-02-16, 08:55 PM
Thank you for respbonding do you know of a list of appliances I can build with out recipes from goals

pcabral03
03-03-16, 12:31 PM
Thank you for respbonding do you know of a list of appliances I can build with out recipes from goals

Besides the regular oven, grill, stove I would still suggest buying all available coin appliances on your design tab (they get removed sometimes) and store them so you can master recipes for gems later even if it's one recipe. I mastered all recipes on regular oven, stove, grill and now working on other appliances. Gems are hard to earn and are needed for nice decorations or expansions. Though I suggest you use coins for early expansions and gems possibly only for last one's. I'm level99 still have 3 expansions left to do at 17.5 million, 20 million, and 22.5 million but I'm being patient and decided to do with coins instead of using 80gems required for each.

DawnLovesDD
03-07-16, 02:44 PM
In Restaurant Story there is a goal to invite a new neighbor. Then after I do it tells me to get two purple lights. But then it never asks the person, including Stormie. Every time I add a new neighbor, it pops up and then shows I got the two items, but then goes back to ask for a new neighbor again. This has been for weeks and I can't get past this item in the goal. Can you help me please? All other goals work fine.

spiderdust
03-07-16, 10:34 PM
Wait... you can master recipes for gems?

Or is this just an iPhone thing? I'm using Android.

twospoons
03-08-16, 08:45 AM
It's an everybody thing! Watch the mastery bar on the recipes in the cookbook. As you hit each level, you earn another star, and there will be a pop-up saying you got a coin bonus (you may have seen that one already), then you get a gem, then more coins, and when you achieve full mastery, another gem.

I don't remember where the list is of how many times you have to make a recipe to get to each new level though.

pcabral03
03-08-16, 11:10 AM
Wait... you can master recipes for gems?

Or is this just an iPhone thing? I'm using Android.

I'm on Android as well but this applies to everyone. Every recipe has Level 1-4 on bottom mastery bar, you get one gem at Level 2 and Level 4. So if an appliance has three recipes that's 6 gems total.

skilian
03-08-16, 05:48 PM
I bought a "hot dog stand", all the food goals, but one are locked. What is the point of an appliance with the recipes locked?

fannmr2
03-09-16, 07:18 AM
Just thinking, what if they set it up for a mini goal so those of us who haven't unlocked a goal would have a chance to and those who have can skip it. When I say mini I bring the goal back in between monthly goal. I don't know if it is even possible to do. Another option would be for the purchase of an oven that has an old goal to trigger that goal. Again don't know If It is even possible.

Rynetory2
03-09-16, 07:34 AM
I'm sorry but there's no plan to bring back expired goals at this point. We do have a goal every month, so you can participate in those. :)

3squares
03-09-16, 10:10 AM
I bought a "hot dog stand", all the food goals, but one are locked. What is the point of an appliance with the recipes locked?

The appliance was unlocked when you completed certain steps during that goal. The way the goals work, you need to cook a recipe a certain number of times in order to unlock the next recipe. And then cook the second recipe a certain number of times to unlock the third recipe. Once the goal period has passed, if you haven't unlocked the recipe, they remain locked forever. I didn't finish the goal related to the hot dog stand, either. Master the one that's unlocked and put the appliance in storage, or sell it.

fannmr2
03-09-16, 06:54 PM
Was this the place to post those ideas or should I post it elsewhere? I'm just asking because I really think they should be considering a way to unlock expired goals.

ajay976
03-10-16, 06:22 PM
I would even pay in diamonds to unlock recipes I missed out on. I bought Hot dog stand and only got 1 recipe. I would pay to unlock others. Just saying "they want to make money start offering things we missed out on."

ElaineCarrel
03-11-16, 08:57 AM
I would even pay in diamonds to unlock recipes I missed out on. I bought Hot dog stand and only got 1 recipe. I would pay to unlock others. Just saying "they want to make money start offering things we missed out on."
Face it. They won't g back and unlock old recipes or food goals. If u weren't playing at the time u lost out. There'll b plenty of other goodies to cook as the game continues. As it stands now we seem to get a challenge ea month which gives us 2 new appliances for a total of 6 receives (3 per appliances) then we seem to b getting 2 other appliances during the month which gives us 6 more recipes. So that's plenty of cooking. Not to mention the fact that if u haven't maxed out cooking on all the other appliances and recipes within RS u should b plenty busy.
It's not fair to the old timers for them to go back and rehash the past.
SORRY

deekathleen
03-11-16, 02:41 PM
Well I'm quite sure their reasons for not releasing old goal content is not because it wouldn't be fair to past players. They don't seem to care about fairness between platforms so I'm sure it's because it would be too difficult to go back and redo the programing necessary to release them again.

ajay976
03-23-16, 04:15 AM
I am not asking to do the goals. if the appliance was available for me to purchase, gather parts, and build then the recipes should be available to me that is all I am saying. There are certain appliances that were part of goals previously but when I got them the recipes were all there. Cocoa machine all the recipes are there, infused water machine all the recipes are there. Now lets talk about Hot dog stand and sour stove they each only have 1 recipe. I am happy for the people who have been playing since day one but "some of us are not that HIP" what can I say. I just want to know a list of appliances that would be nice to have with all of the recipes available. TY

kooky panda
03-23-16, 08:18 AM
I just want to know a list of appliances that would be nice to have with all of the recipes available. TY

See post 2 on this thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59838-Restaurant-Story-Game-Guide&p=757845&viewfull=1#post757845)

ajay976
03-23-16, 09:10 PM
Kooky Panda Thank you for all your help. I will work on recipes I have and wait for things to come:)

gockoshaine25
09-29-17, 10:35 AM
Hello. How can I unlock the stoves and decorations goal I missed? Thanks.

LadyEna
09-29-17, 10:48 AM
S8 has to release the old ovens & goals.

There is quite a few I'd like to see unlocked as well.
Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky one of these days.

gockoshaine25
10-03-17, 08:18 PM
Hello can anyone help me on how to unlock the past item goals? The Support team didn't response my request. Thanks.

gockoshaine25
10-03-17, 08:20 PM
Okay thanks for the response!!!

pixiegamer
10-04-17, 10:26 PM
Merged threads

Hello can anyone help me on how to unlock the past item goals? The Support team didn't response my request. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but past goal items will stay locked unless the Restaurant Story team decides to re-release them :(

If there's something specific you'd like to see brought back, you can drop a mention here (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73372-Restaurant-Story-Vote-for-Limited-Time-Re-releases!).

Josiemay70
10-20-18, 12:36 AM
Hi, I bought 2 ovens. Once fully build. I unable to unlock both items. Please let me know how to unlock the item. Thanks

AnnirasSweets
10-20-18, 11:35 AM
Hi, I bought 2 ovens. Once fully build. I unable to unlock both items. Please let me know how to unlock the item. Thanks

Would you mind giving some more information such as: What level have you reached in the game? What ovens are you asking about specifically? Were you able to build them both?

In general, if you're able to purchase an oven, the recipes will be unlocked. If it's a basic appliance, they have many recipes that and some are locked until you reach a certain level in the game. You'll just have to cook and serve the recipes that you can until you raise your level and unlock the rest.

If it's a special oven with only a few recipes, it's likely because the oven was originally released during a goal and those locked recipes could only be unlocked during the limited time goal. If it is a goal oven and recipes, you will not be able to unlock those recipes unless s8 uses the oven for another goal in the future.

Cruzemily11
12-07-18, 11:57 AM
I don't know how to activate the new York hot dog and the other one. Any idea?

twospoons
12-11-18, 04:08 AM
Those are from one of the old goals, unless S8 chooses to make them available, they'll stay locked. There's nothing you can do on your own.

step1reed
08-04-19, 08:34 AM
I took a break and missed some goals and stoves how or is there a way to go back and get these?

AnnirasSweets
08-04-19, 09:58 AM
No, the only way to unlock goal items is to complete the goals during their limited time release.

Beyond this, those items sadly locked though there's always the chance the appliances will be relisted in a future 5 Day Goal.

Rynetory2
08-06-19, 05:31 AM
I took a break and missed some goals and stoves how or is there a way to go back and get these?

Welcome back.

There's no way to get them unless Storm8 re-releases them again as member mentioned. You can make a request for those items to return in this thread. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93788-What-are-your-favorite-Restaurant-Story-items