PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Pages : [1] 2

catprint
09-27-17, 07:16 AM
I noticed for a while now that this seems to be a hot topic so I wanted to create a thread to get all of the feedback in one place.

Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Feel free to explain why you feel the way you do.

For me, personally, I like it how it is. I like goals twice a month. I get them done in a week and that's typically only being able to make 1 or 2 ovens a day because they need so many parts. So I start out slow, and still finish within a week, side goals included. But, yes, I do have some free time. I understand others don't have as much free time as me.

It seems like there is this push to extend the goal timer lately. And with the holidays coming up and hoping for some awesome goals, that potentially means less for us if they change it. I don't want that! But I can see how to others, less goals would be preferred if it means they will be able to finish any at all.

If any moderator or admin could edit my post and add a poll at the top for this question, that would be preferred. I've made a poll before but I can't seem to figure out how to do it now. :P - This has been done! Thank you, pixiegamer. :)

EDIT Oct 11, 2017: ADDING INFORMATION FOR NEW PLAYERS!
The current length of a goal is 15 days. Some time ago, unsure of any dates (years ago, maybe?), the goal timer used to be 30 days to complete a goal. So that's what a lot of people have been debating about for the past several months: to extend the goal timer back to 30 days or not. A lot of people say they would like that, and then other people say they are fine with the 15 day timer. Some people are saying the 15 day goal timer is enough for them to complete goals, however, they see their friends or neighbors struggling so they would rather have a longer goal timer.

The side goal, which to my knowledge is a new thing that has been appearing along the main goal for the last several updates. The way the side goal works is it has the same goal timer as the main goal but you will not see the side goal until you progress through the main goal to a certain point, usually sometime during the second oven. Some side goals have unlocked after the 2nd recipe from the 2nd oven unlocks. This past side goal unlocked when the second oven itself was unlocked. You will likely see a shorter timer for the side goal when you unlock it because it will end at the same time as the main goal. So if it takes you a few days to progress through the main goal and then to unlock the side goal, your side goal timer will be: [15 days MINUS the days it takes you to progress through and get to the side goal] (basically, whatever time is left on the goal becomes your side goal timer - hope this makes sense).

pixiegamer
09-27-17, 07:45 AM
I'll get back to you on the poll - it is something I've been wanting to do myself, but I have to check with a CM first :)

Adding my two cents (not a ramble, nope nope) to this: I don't mind the 15-day timeline, necessarily, but I think it has a host of problems that need to be resolved. I'll expand on them later, but as a cursory overview:

The high number of parts
The price of the furniture and decor we receive
The timing/spacing between goals
The comparatively low recipe times, servings, and profits
(Lately) the increase in recycled content
The side quests (not the quests themselves, but their timing and how they stress the already-short timeline)

The (eventual) conclusion I want to argue is that 15-day goals exacerbate the issues above, and I'd prefer to go back to 30-day goals, with a variation on the other updates we'd get that month. The following is a suggestion (again, to be added to later):

Week 1: 30-day goals
Week 2: Side Quest for an LTO
Week 3: "Regular" Update
Week 4: Sale

I'll flesh this out when I get more time. Thank you for starting this thread; I think it's a much-needed discussion to have :)

Jojocl141587
09-27-17, 08:23 AM
I like the 15 day goals, I also normally finish within a week main and side goals MAYBE a day or two longer but I always have what seems like forever left on the timer when I finish. I am currently a sahm so yes I have the time however even when I was working full time I would?ve been able to finish, it?s about how you manage your time. For example the 9 hour recipes how hard is it to put a batch of whatever it is to cook right before you leave for work and it would be done when you get out. Do the same thing before you go to bed. I do think the side goals should start when the regular goal starts or at the very least at the same time the second appliance is unlocked. The parts required are high, I find it more annoying waiting on people for 30 parts it doesn?t heavily affect whether or not I finish though. I usually start baking once I have even the first oven built, I personally feel like waiting until you have 4 or 5 built to start is a time waster bc you?re waiting on parts, all that time you could?ve been baking to slowly finish that recipe, and I only build max 5 appliances each usually it?s about 4. I get people have lives and jobs but it?s not Storm8 or any other game developers job to alter their games to fit people?s lives and schedules it?s up to people to choose to play games they have time for and maybe a game that has time sensitive goals and events just isn?t a good option.

babublik
09-27-17, 10:37 AM
I also enjoy the 15 day goals and always finish with time to spare (just a few days) but I have to side with other people and say that they should extend the goals. This is just to be fair and accommodate more players that might not be able to finish both the main goal and side goal in 15 days. Also, just because goals are 15 days doesn't necessarily mean that we're getting 2 per month because we're not. It just seems like it but it's really still only only 1 goal per month with less time to complete it.
I used to build only 2 of each oven with no issues and still finish on time, but now that we're getting side goals I'm building 3 of each oven because I still like to save as many coins as possible. I am still able to finish with time to spare but I have the time to play and check often. If I had to work full-time, I can see how I would be frustrated having to build more ovens just to finish on time. I agree with pixiegamer that the cost of things, especially tables & chairs and ovens of late is just way too high. New players especially can't be building 5+ of each oven for every goal and that just isn't fair. Heck, I have 15 million coins and it still hurts!
Also, as someone who buys gems, I would never spend money to complete goals... Which I believe many players are now having to do if they're close to finishing but are just short a few hours. I don't think this is right. I think gems should be for decor, ovens, and LTO's. So with all that in mind, I think 21 day goals are just more reasonable. There's many ways for S8 to make money (increasing sales, releasing LTOs, releasing new content, etc.) but decreasing the time available to complete goals shouldn't be one of them.

pixiegamer
09-29-17, 08:11 PM
Alright guys, the CM granted me permission and so, WE HAVE A POLL! :D

Unlike the goal-related feedback polls, this one is staying open indefinitely, and respondents only get one vote each. The duration in question is the 15-day duration of recent goals (as of this writing).

And, as usual, your additional comments and feedback on this thread are more than welcome :) Thank you catprint for starting this thread!

sally_brown
09-29-17, 10:21 PM
I hate the shorter goals. I haven't finished a goal since they shortened the time.

Crustycreations
09-30-17, 04:59 AM
I like what pixie said 30 day but with the idea there is something to look forward to each week

FinesseBakery
09-30-17, 08:29 AM
15 days seems like enough to complete a goal, but for busy people it's much too short. I'm a college student that's balancing school work, an internship, etc and I barely have time to keep up with them. That being said, I think the prices for stuff should be more inclusive for lower levels. I've been level 99 for a while so coins aren't an issue for other high-level bakeries but I'm sure people under 50 struggle with buying multiple expensive ovens in order to meet the goal.

I vote to extend it! Too much stress will drive people away from the game.

oOo F oOo

Sebsmommy15
09-30-17, 08:53 AM
Longer goals since not everyone can finish up a goal or build more thank 2 ovens in a short amount of time. I feel like 15 is a good number but 30 would be more ideal.

Juey_
10-01-17, 06:33 AM
Thanks for starting this thread catprint and pixiegamer for adding Poll to it ❤️

I would like to have longer timelined Goals for 30 days with side-quest along with the main goal, as this will lessen the stress of cooking for (real life) working players.

I would also like to have recipes with 1/2,000 (or more) of servings to make lots of $ in order to be able to buy those highly expensive decors.

Please NO to recycled stuffs and Yes to opening for old goals re-releases.

It's always good to have items on Sales :) the more Sales are regular on items the more happy customers in game!

zaaracake
10-02-17, 08:17 AM
I reckon a 21 day (3 week) timer would be a great compromise or else staggered goals like Pixie suggests are great too. I don't have a problem finishing the goals in fifteen days but I know many people struggle to complete them and that's no fun. I'm happy to see some longer recipe cook times too. The one hour ones just keep spoiling!

Todaay
10-02-17, 11:15 AM
Expanding the goal timer will lessen the stress for me big time! I used to be able to finish the goal three or four days before the deadline but ever since I got a job my time has been limited. It saddens me because I can't finish some goals on time even when I do spend some gems/real money. It would be great if the goal timer was extended! (✿◠‿◠)

pcabral03
10-02-17, 11:59 AM
I like Pixie's idea. I don't mind goals twice a month but with so many parts needed for each appliance I would prefer 30 day timer. Then on other week's new decor, box/crate, or LTO updates would be nice.

If goals do stay at 15 days though, hopefully a little less parts required for appliances. Less stressful and more enjoyable. :)

mergirl96
10-02-17, 09:07 PM
I miss tge 30 day goals. I was always able to finish them and still have plenty of time left over.

Bakerling
10-03-17, 07:37 AM
I agree and like Pixie suggestion. I have maximum expansion already but I see many players Bakery so tiny. therefore I like to see more affordable appliances so that many new players can build the appliances and do the Goal. cheaper recipes please so players have more money for their expansion. NO RECYCLE materials as Goal Prize. Lesser Parts required for building the appliances.

I really enjoy this game but if Goal is 5 days or less is too short and also stressful for those who are working. we need time to eat/sleep/ rest time for other things not full time on just playing Goal. GOAL should not be like Taking Examination in school. should be a relaxing and enjoyable one so we can have our family time with our precious ones.

Minionsfan_1289
10-03-17, 02:56 PM
I'll get back to you on the poll - it is something I've been wanting to do myself, but I have to check with a CM first :)

Adding my two cents (not a ramble, nope nope) to this: I don't mind the 15-day timeline, necessarily, but I think it has a host of problems that need to be resolved. I'll expand on them later, but as a cursory overview:

The high number of parts
The side quests (not the quests themselves, but their timing and how they stress the already-short timeline)

The (eventual) conclusion I want to argue is that 15-day goals exacerbate the issues above, and I'd prefer to go back to 30-day goals, with a variation on the other updates we'd get that month. The following is a suggestion (again, to be added to later):

I'll flesh this out when I get more time. Thank you for starting this thread; I think it's a much-needed discussion to have :)

I couldn't agree with you more on all of this!!! Everything you've said is spot on what I would like to see as well.

TinkFaintree
10-03-17, 03:44 PM

The high number of parts

Agree 100% with this. I want the 30 day goals back! I am very severely ill and find it difficult to play as it is, so I don't want it made harder and the fun taken out of it. The goals as they are now are just stressing me out. I skipped the latest goal on RS to focus on the BS one because it's just too much together, and it felt a shame to me because I haven't missed doing a goal in the 3 years I've been playing. Got no choice but to miss out on them entirely now because the game is supposed to be a game, NOT A JOB!! It's really hard work getting all the parts; I like to build enough appliances that I can master the recipes in the month - which I used to be able to do when it was 30 days until the next one started. Now they just make me want to pull my hair out! It's to encourage players to spend their real money on gems to build the appliances quickly and/or skip through parts of the goal. It's not going to have that effect - players will miss goals rather than use their gems.

storm8id916
10-03-17, 05:40 PM
15 day is fine with me. Quick in and out. As long as there are enough neighbors to respond to goal requests.

dommiebakes
10-03-17, 07:22 PM
The thought of waiting for a new goal for one whole month makes me sick, 30 days is way to long. I always finish goals in about 11-12 days. Longer recipes can be made while you sleep and while you're at work. I do have to admit that the shorter cook times can be hard, especially 1 hour recipes. I would love to have a big sale once a month and the re-release of old goals to get older machines, that would be fabulous and how about making a new goal for us to do that would finally unlock the locked recipes on the oven and drink machine. Add some more recipes to existing machines like the donut fryer or ice cream machine. The possibilities are endless Storm8. #(^-^)#

Jojocl141587
10-04-17, 01:22 AM
The thought of waiting for a new goal for one whole month makes me sick, 30 days is way to long. I always finish goals in about 11-12 days. Longer recipes can be made while you sleep and while you're at work. I do have to admit that the shorter cook times can be hard, especially 1 hour recipes. I would love to have a big sale once a month and the re-release of old goals to get older machines, that would be fabulous and how about making a new goal for us to do that would finally unlock the locked recipes on the oven and drink machine. Add some more recipes to existing machines like the donut fryer or ice cream machine. The possibilities are endless Storm8. #(^-^)#

I couldn’t agree more with the waiting for the next goal feeling like forever. I usually finish the main goal within the first week and then the side goal a day or two later depending on what’s needed to bake. A 3 week period just waiting for the goal to end would be too much for me. Sounds like people need better neighbors who respond to gift requests to build appliances quicker, and don’t wait around to have 5 or 6 built to start baking, start right away. It always works for me and sometimes I don’t start building until the next day while I’m waiting on parts, it’s called time management.

kayjco
10-04-17, 07:01 AM
Recycled is better than nothing because gems.

The short times, combined with high prices...it's like it is designed to make people quit playing the game. Throw in side goals and ugh! Goals are more chore, less fun.

50,000 for one appliance?! Newbies can't swing that, even if they had enough good neighbors sending them parts (which they don't.)

Move those side goals to a different week.
Drop the cost of appliances.
Lengthen the goal time.

SYDNEYLYNN12
10-04-17, 11:32 AM
longer please by like a 24 hours at least im always a day late

kimmy42
10-04-17, 11:39 AM
I think 3 weeks is a good compromise, I think the side goal should come out on a separate week though, possibly week 2 or 3.

I liked the addition of new recipes to an existing appliance which only had 3 recipes. I definitely remember a series of appliances that only had 1 recipe, I would love to have more to cook on those old ovens since they're already built. If it was incorporated into a side goal, it would make it easier to complete as well.

SweetyYum
10-04-17, 12:09 PM
I enjoy the twice a month goals and now the new side goals. While I can usually complete the goals in 14 days, left does happen and some players may not have active neighbors who can send the parts on a consistent basis. If shortening the number of days is not ideal, than perhaps less parts instead of needing 10 maybe 6-8, and instead of 3-4 maybe 2-3.

j3dfarm
10-04-17, 07:22 PM
I like the 14/15 day goals. I find 30 day goals to be far to long, and it frankly makes the game very boring. It is my opinion that the goal times have been spot on.

SBDOVER72
10-05-17, 07:02 PM
I couldn?t agree more with the waiting for the next goal feeling like forever. I usually finish the main goal within the first week and then the side goal a day or two later depending on what?s needed to bake. A 3 week period just waiting for the goal to end would be too much for me. Sounds like people need better neighbors who respond to gift requests to build appliances quicker, and don?t wait around to have 5 or 6 built to start baking, start right away. It always works for me and sometimes I don?t start building until the next day while I?m waiting on parts, it?s called time management.

I agree 100%. I have great neighbors who always gift parts that are needed & answer requests in a timely manner. I also do not accept ANY food as gifts which increases the number of parts available for building. Most of the time the only goal parts I need are the new ones specific to the new goal machine.
I also like the 2 week goal timers. I usually finish the main goal in the 1st week. And finish the side goals in 3 days. When the side goal pops up, 2nd machine, 2nd appliance, I'm ready to go. Referring to the forum gives you the info needed ahead of time. And yes... Time management is everything!

* I play both RS & BS. And I'm able to complete the goals & side goals in both.

fluffyfoot
10-06-17, 06:41 PM
I would love to go back to 30 day goals with weekly updates. It?s not the shorter time frame that bothers me it is the expense of 2 goals at once. I want to expand but expansions are ridiculously expensive unless you have real $ to spend. Every time e I start to get ahead another expensive goal with a side goal comes along.

Suggestions:
*Go back to longer goal with weekly updates
*Lift the 20 gift per day limit to make it less frustrating to build
*Fewer parts for goal ovens
*Have an expansion be a goal prize or have expansion sale

Angelhealing
10-09-17, 12:52 AM
I very much agree with Pixiegamer's assessment, it's spot on and the suggested solutions are pretty good. I'm also so happy to see longer cook times of recipes more recently. I have 4 (used to be 6) S8 games I could potentially spend money on but haven't in a very long time for 2 reasons, 1) No confirm button to prevent accidentally buying something I don't want and 2) the goal times have been so back to back in BS & RS (& DS but had to drop DS b/c it became 2 overwhelming even though that's where I spent most of my real $) that I actually don't have time to search the EXTREMELY POORLY LAID OUT, MASSIVE INVENTORY/ITEM LISTS. The longer I play these games, the longer it takes to go through inventory, barely complete (or sometimes not) a goal or do anything which means the less time I have to enjoy browsing items I might want to buy. I also very much get the feeling that the shorter goal times are intentionally set up to force a large number of players to spend a few gems here & there, to eat away at them and force players to buy more gems. Feeling this way, makes me dead set on NOT buying which creates the opposite effect of intended... Perhaps 21 days would be a better band-aid until these issues can and need to be addressed.

LadyEna
10-09-17, 10:58 AM
Longer for me. Pixiegamer hit the nail on the head for me as well.

Right now and for a few years now, my Bakery is not expanding.
Can't achieve getting enough money to expand.
So with all this main goal and side goal going on,
I am now having to remove Decor to make room for more counters
for the now 6 recipes on the main goal ovens and even more counters with side goal recipes.
If this continues, I'll have a bakery full of counters, little deco, and maybe a few tables and chairs.

I for one like to decorate!
So we need to have time to empty some counters up between goals.
You know make some kind of a profit.
A sort of a balancing act needs to be created.

paulinabracho
10-10-17, 08:59 AM
I'd like recipes to be profitable like they used to be.

Now we cook for like 8, 9 hours and profit is only 2900 max?! =P

bobbyrae
10-10-17, 11:23 AM
I remember what it was like being a newer player trying to get parts and save up enough to afford the appliances and decor required to complete a goal. I'm fine with the 15 day clock but I vote for longer time periods mainly because I think it is only fair to newer players and players who, like me, actually have real lives outside of the game and who do not have the time to babysit the game. I also really hope we get recipes that take longer to cook.

Dreamear
10-11-17, 06:09 AM
My daughter & I both play Bakery Story & agree... more time. We are both level 50+ but the time it takes to get 3 or 4 ovens to make what is required is difficult. Especially with the parameters set by the game. If we can only send 20 "help" requests per day, but the oven takes 28 pieces (last oven 12 potent potion, 8 nozzles & 8 cooling coils) we can't even build 1 oven without relying on others or coins. Why not have the parameter where you can only ask each neighbor for 1 item per day or remove the parameters altogether including how many gifts can be recieved. At times we aren't only trying to build items but part of the goal is to ask neighbors for items. Once again, the limit of only being able to ask so many people for help per day causes more problems with the goals time limit.

This isn't even going into spending $100,000+ for 4 tables, another 100,000 for chairs and 70,000 for 2 counters... plus the other money spent on extras like ghosts, wall items, floor tiles, more ovens you have to have because you cannot complete the goals with 2 ovens, the price of recipes, etc. Then we get 30,000 back and what we were required to make doesn't give us back the money we put out. The potion table was awesome but that little witch costing 32 gems is ridiculous & obnoxious. Especially when the price of Loretta is no where near that but I feel that way with a lot of items. I thought the tree bookshelf was cool but it's smaller than a floor tile & it's supposed to be a floor decoration.

Then we get to the side goal. I have to use 10 ovens and then swap them over to 10 drink makers and back to 10 ovens again, in order to do the side goal. My daughter started doing the side goal & stopped because she like variety in her food. She LOVED the prize but it was not worth not being able to make anything else but goal items for over a week. On to of that the last side goal is always some obnoxious number (24 or 30) of some food that takes 10+ hours to make. 3 full days of chocolate flan only & you might have to close your bakery doors because you have all your ovens making items that takes 10 hours. So if you're not stocked up, you run out of food. By the way, I have 10 ovens dedicated to completing the side goal & another 4 ovens to the main goal. This makes it nearly impossible for new players.

That's not fun for her or me. Am I doing it, yes. But not because I'm having fun. I'm doing it because I'm disabled and stuck in bed & it takes little interaction. I have fun when I'm making different foods & gaining new recipes & decorating. My daughter has learning disabilities & is ADD/ADHD... she needs to keep baking new & different things being stuck on 1 thing for days is torture for her. I'm sure we are not the only ones who feel this way. For the record, she has started & stopped every side challenge because of the final goal.

Personally, I don't like the piano & I would love to be allowed to gift the piano & stairs to my daughter. If you're an administrator and could transfer it to her, please reach out to me and let me know. Thank you.

bobbyrae
10-11-17, 10:39 AM

Then we get to the side goal. I have to use 10 ovens and then swap them over to 10 drink makers and back to 10 ovens again, in order to do the side goal. My daughter started doing the side goal & stopped because she like variety in her food. She LOVED the prize but it was not worth not being able to make anything else but goal items for over a week. On to of that the last side goal is always some obnoxious number (24 or 30) of some food that takes 10+ hours to make. 3 full days of chocolate flan only & you might have to close your bakery doors because you have all your ovens making items that takes 10 hours. So if you're not stocked up, you run out of food. By the way, I have 10 ovens dedicated to completing the side goal & another 4 ovens to the main goal. This makes it nearly impossible for new players.

... .
I believe every player has dealt with your frustration at one time or the other :) The only bit of advice I can give you is to keep saving up gems and use those gems to buy additional appliance slots instead of decor. You do get up to 18 appliance slots for free, but can buy additional slots. The more slots you have the easier it is to complete the side goals alongside the actual goal. I usually only build about 5 goal related ovens. The goal usually requires me to cook about 15 of each recipe so I know I need to cook 3 times for each recipe once I have them all built. My other oven slots go towards mastering other recipes while I'm doing the main goal. Once the side goal appears then I use them towards doing the side goal.
Once I finish the goals I sometimes buy additional goal appliances and then work on mastering the recipes.
I usually have no idea what the goal reward is unless I come here to the forum and see it in the goal thread. Lol.

AnnirasSweets
10-11-17, 03:53 PM
I 100% agree with everything laid out in post #2 and would be in heaven if they took up Pixiegamer's monthly plan. I love knowing what to expect and when to expect it, that way I can better plan ahead and can know when to prioritize this game over another.

I've been playing for years and have been level 99 for ages, so I usually am able to complete the goals in the timeline given along with the side goals. That being said, perhaps if the goals were 30 days, we the players wouldn't have to sit on our devices lest we miss a moment in food turnovers. Not to mention maybe the creative team wouldn't feel so pressured for new content and keep giving us recycled materials.

I'm not in any way complaining about the recycled content from other games. One of my favorite things about this game is all the decor offered and I remodel my bakery every month so any items new to this game (even recycled from others) makes me happy. I just think if the S8 teams had longer in between goals perhaps they could devote more time to creating truly original material for all their games.

Whether the goals are 15 days or 30 I'll get them done but it does seem to me that more people would enjoy having a longer time to complete them and I like having a more relaxed playing experience myself. As it is now, I sometimes forget the side goal and am left to scramble to finish. I have way more than the allotted oven spaces so I can only imagine the frustration lower levels experience trying to meet the requirements.

alove37
10-11-17, 04:43 PM
Well to be honest, I don't even know how long or short the goals are now? I know the other goal the one that you must cook so many amount of that food and drink, you get a prize, like the one that is going on at this moment the prize is a Piano. That to me goes way too fast, with the long timer being 16 hours and 18 hours etc.. not enough oven and drink machine not to mention dealing with a unexpected of busyness on top of normal busy daily life's. Unfortunately I didn't make it on the last goal (the one you have to cook so many food or drink to get that prize)! Sorry if there so many grammar issue on here lol I'm typing fast! Also could perhaps put down the time we have the goals set currently? Thank you

Next topic: I notice I don't recieve that much gem, when cooking?! Now that they took away the video to receive gems? Idk how else to get gems, without keep having to tap into my wallet? Yes!, I'm one of them that buys gems but I've slowed way down because it's just too ridiculous having to buy. Before I did the video and bought gems. To whom it may concern, Please bring back the video. Thank you

catprint
10-11-17, 05:27 PM
alove37 brings up some good points/questions. I have updated the original post with information to help newer players understand the situation and why there is even a poll in the first place. Hope the information helps clear things up.

luincristiel
10-11-17, 10:17 PM

The high number of parts

I can generally complete the main and side goals within 10 days so am ok with the current 15-day timer. Am also fine with the (old) 30-day timer as well (particularly if we're not going to get new crates/ boxes, and regular updates in between goals like before). Agreed that if the six problems in pixiegamer's post were resolved it makes life easier for all players.

Love the suggestion - I miss the regular updates in particular. It seems that we are no longer having any, and being an old player I've already bought most "regular" items on offer. Even for sales - like the current Halloween sale - I have already got everything I want in the past so will likely not be getting anything.

Will also be great if we get old goal reruns, and first/ second prizes in boxes in between the new goals.

kayjco
10-17-17, 03:37 PM
I've said it before but I want to say it again:

Either drop the cost & number of parts required or give people more time. Newbies cannot do these goals & will quit playing. If everyone who plays quits, that's not good for them and it doesn't make any money for the company.

allie239239
10-18-17, 06:08 AM
I feel that for some goals 15 days is sufficient however there are side goals with shorter time lines that are just VERY difficult to meet. I had to make the witches oven and make 15 pumpcakes in 4 days. Well between storing an appliance when I finally had one I could store, and getting the parts from people and then starting to bake at 5 hours each is 75 hours of baking if you never stop. That?s over 3 days right there. Nearly an impossible goal to accomplish. To me those are the goals that are a more frustrating.

bobbyrae
10-18-17, 03:17 PM
Next topic: I notice I don't recieve that much gem, when cooking?! Now that they took away the video to receive gems? Idk how else to get gems, without keep having to tap into my wallet? Yes!, I'm one of them that buys gems but I've slowed way down because it's just too ridiculous having to buy. Before I did the video and bought gems. To whom it may concern, Please bring back the video. Thank you

Mastering recipes is one sure way of earning gems for free. Once all the recipes are mastered though, then...yep...no other way, really.

pcabral03
10-21-17, 12:54 PM
These 15 day goals wouldn't be so bad if we didn't need so many parts and neighbors requests before we can even build new appliances. If this remains same, as I mentioned before I loved Pixies idea of

Otherwise please Storm8 lower amount of parts/neighbor requests needed for 15 day goals

slayer7000
10-21-17, 01:34 PM
Yes!! Please i love this idea so much!
These 15 day goals wouldn't be so bad if we didn't need so many parts and neighbors requests before we can even build new appliances. If this remains same, as I mentioned before I loved Pixies idea of

Otherwise please Storm8 lower amount of parts/neighbor requests needed for 15 day goals

The high number of parts

kianetruefaux
10-21-17, 01:52 PM
yes. it has never been about the time. it's the increase in requirements (parts or neighbor requests) and the insistence of introducing new parts when we have a full list of them already. the expensiveness of everything also makes no sense. if we can't play then how do we keep on, well, playing? people will just quit and they do. that's how i lost all my old neighbors. no one has the time to commit to BS like this.

maybe these decisions are motivated by the hope that people will purchase gems. but, i think those chances are higher by not stressing out players and giving us the nice decor, ovens, things out of box people always talk about. i'm sure the black friday sales usually earn well. so continue with sales like that and we'll buy gems.

back to the factor of time. to gift neighbors, we have to click each box individually. please, give us the "gift all" option that has been requested so often. it's time i could have spent baking or decorating or visiting bakeries. next, we're scrolling deeper and deeper through the gift list to send an old part needed for the new ovens. please, stop introducing new parts. it's unnecessary. finally, prices. we're not making coins fast enough to pay to expand, cook, decorate and do goals. please, get the prices down to something more realistic.

if anyone at s8 reads this, thank you. i like the game you have, been playing daily for years and i buy gems when cute items appear. i think you can fix your box rates too. i always get the same items. this doesn't motivate me to buy more gems. as an adult, all i do is stop trying. when i get the same item/place prize 6 times in a row (that's 144 gems) then what is the point? i just start to ignore the boxes. even when they go on sale.

CelestiasHeaven
10-23-17, 08:33 PM
The goal timer needs to be longer.
It doesn`t matter if you have a job or not, the goals are no longer beatable without in investing gems.
The made it that hard, simply to force you, to get you into buying gems.
The app is offered as free to play on the google apps store, its not ok getting people into this bye making ovens superexpensive so they cant afford hardly any ovens anymore, and they cant beat the goals on time anymore. Or make em give up on decorating,because the prices for Decorates are too expensive. Both games bakery story and restaurant story ****ed my joy to play em anylonger. I am only sticking up for a little longer because of neighbours, and i have played this game for such a long time now. A game shouldn?t make you feel like beeing forced to spent, or you won`t beat the goals.
Its not ok.
It simply doesn`t help when kooky panda says you don`t have to spent.
That is right but what makes it to the player if you have to see,you loose 100 of goals because they became unbeatble?
How many joy does a Gamer has left, if he hardly can win any of those goals anymore?
Everything has gotten to be super expensive, Prices for walls, tiles, Wall accesoires, Or smaller items to decorate your Restaurants/Bakery.
I quited Petshop story/Castle story because of the same things, you were getting endless goals just to relaise you have zero chance to beat em the anymore,you kept playing starting, only later to get stuck up for monthes on too hard quests, offering to make a faster progress with spending gems.no thank you,because they made newer goals insanely hard.
A goal only possible to win with spenting isn`t fair anymore. And yes i invested a few times for gems, for decorating items if i could finacially, or wanted to.
But this is not ok anylonger it gives you the permanent feeling, PAY or loose. And all the time, energy, struggle you invested to beat the goal was only a big waste of time. A game shouldn`t be like this, and sry i will not take those words back, even if risk getting banned it for now.
Those goals took away my joy, to play both apps any longer, and if a change is not going to happening soon, i will quit.
No game should make you feel you are beeing forced to pay.

Ura0
10-25-17, 12:01 PM
I say go back to the 30 day goals. I haven't finished a goal since it went down to 15 days as I work 2 jobs and don't have access to wifi at work. I see where people have said that you should start the dish before you go to work or bed and it'll be ready when you get up /home. That doesn't work for anything that takes less than 6 hours to cook! When I am working both jobs on the same day I work from 5am to 10:30pm and then have to be up at 3am the next day, so a lot of times I don't even get to log onto the game.

Dreamear
10-27-17, 07:21 AM
Everyone is talking about how expensive things are, and they're right.

Everyone is talking about how you're not making money on goal items, and they are right.

I'm level 65 and I have 16 "ovens." 4 are on main goal making drinks and 12 are on the side goal, I just finished the 2nd piece so I'm working on Spider Brownies and Mummy cakes.

My point is during the past 3 days, working on goal & side goal only, I've barely made $200,000. 3 days ago I had over $550,00. Since then I've had to buy, buy, buy & not just ovens but the items I love for the game. So I've kept track of what I made without purchase for 3 days and it's under $200,000 but I've put out much more money. I would guess double. I love the goals but why would any join to play when the goal time is stressful, nearly impossible for newcomers (without buying gems). My daughter & others don't participate in side goals because they are stressful and take every oven you have with near impossible goals.

She & her friends only do normal goals in order to get the ovens with all the recipes. Other's have stopped caring because they are not spending almost $200,000 for 4 table & 4 chairs.

The goal timeline is only part of the problem.

Lo0_0ora
10-29-17, 07:27 AM
More helpful than another lenght would be to show how many steps are needed to reach it. (Compare Castle, Fashion Story)

Regards

dontidae
10-30-17, 07:04 AM
I would LOVE it if the LTO was a separate goal from the main one. I haven't been able to finish all goals and have to had to choose one or the other and having to spend the time starting the regular goal in order to unlock the side goal is not fun!!

dontidae
10-30-17, 07:05 AM
I wholeheartedly agree!!!!! (With dreamear!)

Azul
10-30-17, 09:57 AM
... Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same? ...

Longer please.

The reason: The newer goals often require so many parts that even a level 99 like myself just can barely complete the goal in time. My smaller neighbors cannot complete the goals in time because 15 days has been too little time for the few ovens they have to get the goal completed.

HannaSylp
11-01-17, 09:17 AM
I also think goals should be longer. I play a lot, every chance I get, but am busy in life and have been unable to complete some goals on time. The expenses of wallpaper and etc is also an issue.

nightshine7
11-06-17, 11:29 AM
Longer! For me, personally, I don't need that long due to having 370 neighbors. However, there are those players who have much fewer therefore taking it longer to get needed parts.

35sweets
11-08-17, 01:54 AM
I feel the 15 day time limit is too short, especially with side goals. I'm one of the players that does build 5 ovens each time in order to complete a goal. That's the only way I can complete them. I know of neighbors that have not been able to get everything done. It is very stressful.
It feels like I've completed at least 5 goals back to back. We need at least 21 days for each goal.

Flowersandgems
11-08-17, 08:35 PM
I agree with what you’re saying. I am level 99 and I have 2 extra oven slots.Thus 20 instead of 18.
Even so I’m finding it really stressful doing the side goals. Making so many recipes, I feel like I’m being chased. The last couple of side goals I just ignored. Probably would have put the deco in storage anyway. I really dislike not knowing how many steps there will be.

I am so glad you started this sticky.

I’ve been keeping a record of my money tally for 7 or 8 weeks, and it wasn’t going up. Sorry, a bakery that doesn’t make money? So I stopped building 5 ovens, down to 4, and stopped buying all the tables and chairs if they were at the end. Shhhhhh.
I just can’t figure out how S8 expects anyone to do this, when you know half the day you need to be in CS.

Now at least I am making a profit, but it’s supposed to be more fun. So many new players come and go. That can’t be good for the game either.

21days sounds like a good idea. Not too pushed for time, not too much spare time after the event.

Naya2017
11-10-17, 10:03 AM
Maybe 2 extra days, but would prefer not significantly longer. I love having almost back-to-back goals, longer goal timelines would mean somewhat less stressful baking, but also longer waits until new recipes.

KatieSue324
11-12-17, 11:32 AM
I and my 2 sons often cannot finish the short goals as we often have flies to tend to and start all over. Life gets busy, so Its frustrating to have an oven with only 2 recipes in it and unable to unlock the rest of the recipes due to "time's up".
We started playing 4 years ago, back when there were 30 days or more to complete the goals, and that was do-able.
But now, my son's account is STILL trying to finish building his Bakesgiving ovens while the new goal carries on. He will never get to unlock the 12 hr cheesecake recipes, because he didnt have enough time to complete the goal.

My other son was able to get far enough to unlock all the recipes, just not complete the goal. So he chose to be satisfied in having all the recipes available.

I was thinking yesterday, that if we cant complete the goals, it would at least be nice if mastering a recipe (all the way to level 4) on the goal oven already bought would unlock another recipe. It won't feel quite so wasted that way.

I would love to see both longer goals, as well as a way to unlock recipes by mastering recipes aside from the goals.

plumpen888
11-12-17, 02:24 PM
I am retired so I have no problems finishing a goal in 15 days. However, for people who are students, working and/or raising families (such as some of my neighbors), a longer goal period will be more appropriate. The reasons are: 1. Some goal appliances need more parts and/or high quantities of particular parts. 2. Recently there are also side goals going on at the same time with a main goal.

I myself like to have some free time between goals to try more recipes and/or to build some ovens at my own pace. It is less fun for me and might actually add stress to those who are already busy and under stress in their real life to chase one goal after another with the game as I have experienced in recent months.

Dreamear
11-12-17, 05:43 PM
I noticed longer goal times won by a landslide.

Yet every goal since this poll has been so much work in 15 days. AND twice as much work for a side goal with a third of the time.

I won't get the oven until tomorrow. So 9 days or less for a side goal that even with 12 ovens baking the same thing at the end it will take 3-4 days. I'll get the new oven... but these side goals are sucking the fun right out of the game. They've had some cool prizes, but it's not worth the fun I loose & seriously... those prizes should be what the real goal gets instead of completing a goal full of drink makers & ovens for a tiny little green witch. I felt like I was had... I hope the "mandatory" goals have better prizes.

I might like the prizes of the side goals but I like Bakery Story to be fun, not stressful and not every oven baking the same thing for days. I'm sorry but it's not worth it any more & I refuse to buy gems because I'm on Android & get 2 hours off baking times twice in 24 hours for watching videos... I haven't recieved free gems for videos in about 6 months. I only get gems for mastering recipes.

house0fjoy
11-14-17, 06:27 PM
My pref is for;

a. Side goal to be separate and optional, with final prize announced at the start so players can make informed choice whether or not to participate

b. better pacing of goals. as expressed by others here, we play this for a leisurely distraction. Real life makes many demands of time priorities; we dont need a game to experience time-stress adrenaline.

c. many of us are not ?competitive? players; we want goals but not necessarily (time) challenges. We want delight - as in delightful new items, seasonal release, personal delight in decorating a make-believe bakery and perhaps even spending real money buying gems to convert to pixels for decoration

d. personally, i am experiencing game fatigue. I have played since 2012, the game dynamics have veered & sadly so

mirlos
11-20-17, 07:18 PM
I prefer to have the 30 days to complete..Between work and other things sometimes I don't get to finish!😊

rosewaterlily
11-20-17, 09:36 PM
The timer is okay, but I don’t like having to cook so much, especially for the side goals because now I have way too much food and can’t make much money besides the daily bonus. With the longer timers, there’s less cooking so I don’t have to fill my bakery with tons of counters, which go out of season far sooner than the food sells. I still have the spider brownies, pumpkin cookies, and candy corn coffee sitting on Halloween counters and it’s very annoying. Please less cooking, especially of high quantities of food. It’s impossible to master all recipes without having millions of unsold food in the current setup.

2penelopes
11-21-17, 03:31 PM
I find the 5 day goals are not quite long enough. By the time I finish the 3rd part I don't have enough time to do the 4th part. This is very frustrating. And its happened to me for all three that we've had this fall!

vanillalatte101
11-21-17, 03:50 PM
I think the time should stay the same but the goals shouldn't require as much baking, and the ovens shouldn't require as any parts. I like getting goals frequently but I think they should be reasonable with what they require- especially for newer bakeries(:

Luna8903
11-28-17, 08:17 AM
Remain the same but LESS FOOD TO COOK PLEASE!!

steelersbabyyy
12-01-17, 12:40 PM
I miss the 30 day goals!! I also miss getting regular updates!!

steelersbabyyy
12-01-17, 12:41 PM
I work 3 jobs so doing the shorter goals is so much harder for me than the 30 day goals.

1stButterflyCafe
12-12-17, 09:33 PM
Sorry to say this. But there are too many goals back to back with zero days of seperation between them. Please slow down. I make all that effort then i cant even complete the goal. i like the one goal a month that is two weeks timed. Thank you.

CelestiasHeaven
12-18-17, 07:37 PM
More then enough people are telling you the goals are to short in time to finish em. You know that yet you still don't care the time limit for goals didn't changed at all, you all simply do it for one reason: So the people are forced to spent, Dont tell me know i don't have have too. How much of a fun is a game anymore if you can't beat any of those goals anymore without investing cash? I am poor, so i won't and i can't spent Cash. If you keep along making your games only beeing fun to enjoy if we are willing to pay, prepare for a lot of people to quit. And i will quit soon.

ejb4mgoblue
12-19-17, 11:54 PM
I like 2 goals monthly and having side goals. I never need to use gems to finish in half the allotted time and always build 6 of each appliance in that time. I try to always stock core parts so I have less trouble building quickly than neighbors who ask for food between goals. I do agree that goal appliances shouldn't require so many parts...38 is a LOT! Maybe no more than 20 and I don't even mind the ones that require 22 each. But 38?! I would like to be able to buy additional side goal prizes instead of receiving just one. Lastly, if we had a gift registry it would help everyone! Thank you for listening Storm8! I've personally seen a LOT of change based on player requests and suggestions so keep up the good work!

Kateischeese
12-21-17, 06:56 AM
Longer;(

Paradicsom7
01-13-18, 09:47 PM
Please, slow down! It is too frustrating to play and complete the tasks without any break - 1 goal per month is enough -and also frustrating to build stoves - you need active players to receive enough parts , and the limited 20 gifts per day are rediculously less then we need.

Anyway I really enjoy your games, Storm8. Thank You.

snipersnips
01-13-18, 09:57 PM
I think I'd like it to be longer because:
* It takes up to 6 days for me to get 1 appliance built because of the high number of parts needed.
* I find myself out of time for the goal with one or two appliances waiting to be built.
* The amount of food needing to be served to unlock the next food and how long each take to be ready takes forever if you only have one stove.

Is there any way to stop the pop ups asking if I'd like to purchase the goals that I wasn't able to complete. I have said yes to some and they pop up again. How many times should I want to buy the goals I did not finish? Once is enough!

Cutetreats9
01-14-18, 07:23 AM
My neighbor friend and I agreed that 1. Too many parts required 2. The goals are too long because (not the only reason) 3. There is not enough time in between to relax or to master any recipes.

DragonWished
01-15-18, 09:12 AM
I miss the 30 day goals!! I also miss getting regular updates!!

Me, too!

dirtyboots17
01-15-18, 10:04 AM
* It takes up to 6 days for me to get 1 appliance built because of the high number of parts needed.
* I find myself out of time for the goal with one or two appliances waiting to be built.
* The amount of food needing to be served to unlock the next food and how long each take to be ready takes forever if you only have one stove.

Honestly, it shouldn't take you nearly a week to build one appliance. One can easily build two or even three appliances in the first couple of days. If you have at least 20 neighbours who send goal parts and answer requests, then that's more or less 40 parts per day.

If your neighbours are sending food or non-goal parts during goals and even worse if they are participating in the goal themselves (i.e., sending you requests for goal parts or you can see the appliance in their bakery)... perhaps you want to keep them anyway for some other reasons, but imo they are not very helpful. Why not delete them?

You should look at how many neighbours you have (too many or too few) and if they're active. If you're sending out more than 20 requests per day and/or sending them to inactive neighbours, they'll go unanswered. If you're accepting non-goal items as gifts, you're limiting the space for goal items to be received.

Hannah396
01-15-18, 12:17 PM
I agree totally with Pixiegamer's post on p.1

lubok
01-16-18, 08:27 AM
In addition to getting tired of continious working on goal requirements, I' ve faced another frustrating thing. My bakery is full of counters with various food, and every new goal adds at least six of them. I wish I could change the decorations, that's the most attractive part of the game to me, but that pile of old counters allows me not much to do. I don't want just to throw that food away, it costs a lot of money which I might get some day when that food wood be sold at last. But there is just no time between the goals to sell out some food i had cooked in previous goals. That' s what feels the worst to me. I have to add more and more counters which ruin my design, instead of trying new decoration ideas. So what's the point in winning new decorations in time consuming goals if I have no time and no room in my bakery to play with those?
It is interesting that the food in the Restaurant Story is sold out much sooner, so I have no such problem in that game.

kat8rose
01-17-18, 08:04 AM
Please stop the requirements for something from neighbors, via request, in the very first part of the goals! We lose a day! Especially with goals starting later and later.

I find this an unfair handicap.

Also, can we have at least one appliance in the 15 day goals that is oven elements and a new part? Like all the new appliances were for a while, until ppl.complained for some ridiculous reason I will never understand.

Jojocl141587
01-17-18, 09:19 AM
Please stop the requirements for something from neighbors, via request, in the very first part of the goals! We lose a day! Especially with goals starting later and later.

Also, can we have at least one appliance in the 15 day goals that is oven elements and a new part? Like all the new appliances were for a while, until ppl.complained for some ridiculous reason I will never understand.

I agree, I would love to start using oven elements again for one of the parts needed. I have hundreds now

Marischa764
01-17-18, 09:59 AM

I also agree, no more asking this stuff at the first step, better make it at the end when 2 appliances are already built, so no need to ask neighbours for parts anymore, except this.

kayjco
01-17-18, 10:24 AM
These short Goal times, with goals coming as soon as one ends...too many counters, too much food.

I haven't finished mastering food from the previous goal and here we are with another.

It's too much.

This is supposed to be FUN.

baker9081
01-17-18, 10:29 AM

Is there any way to stop the pop ups asking if I'd like to purchase the goals that I wasn't able to complete. I have said yes to some and they pop up again. How many times should I want to buy the goals I did not finish? Once is enough!

Why don’t you delete all your unhelpful neighbors and start adding people that post here on this forum? The fact that they post here means they’re active. Just don’t send requests to those that clearly say not to in their signature.

pansylover
01-19-18, 11:58 AM
I agree with majority, longer goals. It takes 3-5 days for me to unlock the appliance, and sometimes there is another gift request that must be completed before I can even purchase it. There were some appliances that I was not able to unlock all items in time, it would be nice if there was a way to ?buy? recipes for a reasonable gem amount.

dirtyboots17
01-19-18, 01:11 PM
I agree with majority, longer goals. It takes 3-5 days for me to unlock the appliance, and sometimes there is another gift request that must be completed before I can even purchase it. There were some appliances that I was not able to unlock all items in time, it would be nice if there was a way to ?buy? recipes for a reasonable gem amount.

This is an issue of finding better neighbours and not the duration of the goal. Most players are able to unlock the appliance on the first day.

There are legitimate issues regarding the duration and requirements of goals, but taking days to unlock or complete appliances is within the player's control.

ETA: They already do offer the option to skip steps with gems for an amount that they consider reasonable (i.e., profitable). From their POV, I don't see why they'd offer it at a lower price but then again, I think it's a waste to spend gems on something you can get for free.

niclongue
01-20-18, 07:30 AM
Can there be an increase on n the number of gifts allowed during goal periods?

Cutetreats9
01-23-18, 07:59 AM
Shorter

Eilonthay
01-28-18, 08:23 PM
I would prefer longer goals because I usually get stuck on building the appliances for the events and lose a few days. Sure, the quick answer is to just get better neighbors, but even I know Real Life takes precedence, so it's hard to get mad at someone for not playing during an event because something's come up. Plus, I work, so I don't always have a chance to babysit those 1 hour meal timers, and that also hangs me up when I miss a bunch and they go bad, and it keeps happening over and over. Not to mention, if I finish early, I can go back to mastering recipes and filling my shop with stuff that's going to make me lots of money. The events cost a lot and I'm still trying to expand my shop, so it's been very slow lately.

But basically, I feel rushed, rushed, rushed throughout the entire thing and that's no fun. The side quests are even more stressful because the last two have popped up missing a bunch of days. Maybe they're tied to some point in the main event and I just hadn't reached it yet, but that's no excuse for knocking off days as a result. The most current one is probably one I won't be able to complete because I've only just gotten it and I have three days to complete it. That's insane. I probably won't be anywhere near to done, so I'm not planning on gemming to finish it either.

I like the art we've been getting, though I haven't been paying much attention on whether or not it's recycled, so maybe I like it because I already have another color variation of it, I don't know. I wish the serving sizes were larger and were worth more. I'm trying to expand my bakery and raising the gold has been dragging along because of all the events. Maybe other people are bored because they've mastered everything, but I'm not! Maybe you should think about giving the people that have mastered everything and expanded completely and all that something additional to do, like gather parts to build a better inventory organization or go on a quest to make their appliances double their recipe output or give them something else to sink all that shiny gold on. Make it something sort of challenging that it'll take them a while, but boost their shops somehow that makes them more awesome.

Jojocl141587
01-29-18, 11:49 AM
I would prefer longer goals because I usually get stuck on building the appliances for the events and lose a few days. Sure, the quick answer is to just get better neighbors, but even I know Real Life takes precedence, so it's hard to get mad at someone for not playing during an event because something's come up. Plus, I work, so I don't always have a chance to babysit those 1 hour meal timers, and that also hangs me up when I miss a bunch and they go bad, and it keeps happening over and over. Not to mention, if I finish early, I can go back to mastering recipes and filling my shop with stuff that's going to make me lots of money. The events cost a lot and I'm still trying to expand my shop, so it's been very slow lately.

But basically, I feel rushed, rushed, rushed throughout the entire thing and that's no fun. The side quests are even more stressful because the last two have popped up missing a bunch of days. Maybe they're tied to some point in the main event and I just hadn't reached it yet, but that's no excuse for knocking off days as a result. The most current one is probably one I won't be able to complete because I've only just gotten it and I have three days to complete it. That's insane. I probably won't be anywhere near to done, so I'm not planning on gemming to finish it either.

I like the art we've been getting, though I haven't been paying much attention on whether or not it's recycled, so maybe I like it because I already have another color variation of it, I don't know. I wish the serving sizes were larger and were worth more. I'm trying to expand my bakery and raising the gold has been dragging along because of all the events. Maybe other people are bored because they've mastered everything, but I'm not! Maybe you should think about giving the people that have mastered everything and expanded completely and all that something additional to do, like gather parts to build a better inventory organization or go on a quest to make their appliances double their recipe output or give them something else to sink all that shiny gold on. Make it something sort of challenging that it'll take them a while, but boost their shops somehow that makes them more awesome.

They aren't knocking off days, it has the same time as the main goal. So think of it this way when the main goal has started the side goal has started too you just don't have access to it yet.

sally_brown
02-02-18, 07:04 PM
Plus, I work, so I don't always have a chance to babysit those 1 hour meal timers, and that also hangs me up when I miss a bunch and they go bad, and it keeps happening over and over.I can go days without making progress on goals when I'm having to serve a two-hour (or so) recipe. I'll have the time to prepare them but won't be able to serve them before they spoil. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But basically, I feel rushed, rushed, rushed throughout the entire thing and that's no fun. The side quests are even more stressful because the last two have popped up missing a bunch of days. Maybe they're tied to some point in the main event and I just hadn't reached it yet, but that's no excuse for knocking off days as a result. The most current one is probably one I won't be able to complete because I've only just gotten it and I have three days to complete it. That's insane. I probably won't be anywhere near to done, so I'm not planning on gemming to finish it either.I don't even bother with the side quests. You've either got to get a bajillion ovens, or be babysitting the game. I'm sorry, but part of the appeal of the game to me is to make an attractive bakery that looks like a real restaurant, so I'm not interested in having rows and rows of ovens. If you were able to get through the beginning part of the goal in time to get the side quest, then it wouldn't be a problem, but when it takes you three days to bake 10 two-hour recipes, that really cuts into the time you have to complete your goal.

jojobaby91
02-03-18, 03:29 AM
I completely agree with everything you said. To add I would also like time to clear some food from my counters, there is just SO MUCH FOOD! I like to master the new ovens after the goals and have time to restock parts as well, longer goals would definitely help with that and so much more.

The high number of parts

jzstorm
02-12-18, 04:50 PM
The goals have become reficulous. They take way too many parts to build the appliances. You barely can get the goals completed and they make the last task of completing 15 of a 10 hour item. Once i worked the entire goal and came up two hours short. You barely get one goal finished and the next goal pops up. I don?t know why they?re not listening. Slow down already. Never had this problem before

LadyEna
02-14-18, 11:01 AM
Eh, going to be rather negative here. So I'll apologize as well.

I think the thread needs locked. It's old.
Been going on since September.

Results of 289 that voted:

201--voted longer
10--voted shorter
78--voted stay the same

No one is obviously reading this or we would have seen goals be longer by now.
Thread is just pointless now!

WILDFL0WER
02-15-18, 04:13 AM
I vote stay the same but make a change to make it easier to finish would help everyone

less parts to make a oven

Be able to decline the wrong gift and still receive 20 gifts a day

I enjoy the game because I have accumulated a lot of things as a long time player if I were a new player I wouldn?t stay to play it?s too hard but I struggle the game you have only focused on making money and rightfully so but how can u expect to make money with a game where your focus seems to be obviously how can we make them struggle to buy gems that?s very obvious struggle is not fun
Make fresh new images that we want to purchase and if u take all the fun out of what use to be a lot of fun and turn into a struggle who will want to play this is my escape from real life I?m a long time player so I miss all the new items we use to get when Goals came out and now u folks took all that away we no longer get new wall items when we have a new goal we get refurbished images and harder time to finish a goal

I hope someone reads this because the person that posted before me is right
There has been no change

Jojocl141587
02-15-18, 10:51 AM
I vote stay the same but make a change to make it easier to finish would help everyone

less parts to make a oven

Be able to decline the wrong gift and still receive 20 gifts a day

I enjoy the game because I have accumulated a lot of things as a long time player if I were a new player I wouldn?t stay to play it?s too hard but I struggle the game you have only focused on making money and rightfully so but how can u expect to make money with a game where your focus seems to be obviously how can we make them struggle to buy gems that?s very obvious struggle is not fun
Make fresh new images that we want to purchase and if u take all the fun out of what use to be a lot of fun and turn into a struggle who will want to play this is my escape from real life I?m a long time player so I miss all the new items we use to get when Goals came out and now u folks took all that away we no longer get new wall items when we have a new goal we get refurbished images and harder time to finish a goal

I hope someone reads this because the person that posted before me is right
There has been no change

You are able to decline the gifts you don't want and still receive your 20 a day, I do it all the time. I receive a lot of gifts at once and if it's during a goal and I'm receiving food or the wrong parts I decline and I'm able to get more.

VanaCatu
02-15-18, 01:14 PM
Eh, going to be rather negative here. So I'll apologize as well.

I think the thread needs locked. It's old.
Been going on since September.

Results of 289 that voted:

201--voted longer
10--voted shorter
78--voted stay the same

No one is obviously reading this or we would have seen goals be longer by now.
Thread is just pointless now!

one for this.

pointless polls in the forum at all coz nothing changes one year already.

i really want the old system back:
- one week goals for one month
- next week crate
- next week just new decor / oven
- next week the same / or maybe new recipes to oven / mixer
- next week goals for one month...

it was really less stressful and gave possibility to do everything & enjoy everything during whole month.

but again, who cares?

if nothing changes, it can mean only one thing: the new order is more profitable for devs, and the polls are just faking the feeling of democracy, kinda... like "please hold the line, your opinion is very important for us" )))
and that's it.

WILDFL0WER
02-15-18, 03:22 PM
You are able to decline the gifts you don't want and still receive your 20 a day, I do it all the time. I receive a lot of gifts at once and if it's during a goal and I'm receiving food or the wrong parts I decline and I'm able to get more.

I leave 20 sitting all the time and decline some but yesterday or the day before I decline 5 then people were saying I was maxed like I couldn?t make up the 5 I declined I figured something changed

twospoons
02-15-18, 05:46 PM
I think the poll staying open is a good idea, because every person who posts here equals one less repetitive "make goals longer!!! :mad:" thread. I mean, since s8's not going to listen either way.

BellasHouse1
02-17-18, 01:09 PM
I would like to have longer goal timers only because the side goal doesn't unlock until half-way through the main goal. Many of the times the side goals require long cook time items and I've been unable to complete them because I'm not able to use more than 3 ovens/stoves/etc. at a time. That's another problem for me, too. We have so many new ovens that I can't keep up with them, and in order to max level them I have to keep some out so I remember which ones I'm working on.

baker9081
02-17-18, 02:53 PM
I would like to have longer goal timers only because the side goal doesn't unlock until half-way through the main goal. Many of the times the side goals require long cook time items and I've been unable to complete them because I'm not able to use more than 3 ovens/stoves/etc. at a time. That's another problem for me, too. We have so many new ovens that I can't keep up with them, and in order to max level them I have to keep some out so I remember which ones I'm working on.

I know it?s tempting to leave them out so you don?t forget that they aren?t completed, but you?re gonna have to if you want to complete the goals. Just put everything you don?t need for the goal away and focus on completing the goal. Friendly suggestion.

And you?ll have plenty of time to bring back the ovens to master them, once you complete the goal.

This has been my strategy lately:

- Finish goal ASAP
- Master both ovens
- Once I?m done mastering them, I bring back old ovens I had been working on before the goal. And work on that while waiting for next goal.

And in order for that to happen, I build at least 6 ovens each.

Azul
02-17-18, 03:35 PM
EDIT Oct 11, 2017: ADDING INFORMATION FOR NEW PLAYERS!
The current length of a goal is 15 days.

The current Goal is only FIVE days! We still have a 20 gift limit per day so it appears to be impossible to complete in time. It appears to have at least three tiers to it which is just stressing out all my neighbors and takes away that fun.

Please petition Storm8/Team Lava in every way possible to give us 50 parts per day instead of 20 so we have a reasonable chance to finish these goals in a reasonable time without getting stressed out every day.

baker9081
02-17-18, 04:45 PM
^ Its not impossible. I just finished it a few hours ago.

Sebsmommy15
02-17-18, 09:42 PM
^ Its not impossible. I just finished it a few hours ago.

I second this, I finished this morning.

roxierocket
03-13-18, 01:40 PM
Please extend it. Some of us work fulltime and with the number of parts required now to build appliances and the addition of side goals it is difficult. I've been playing since right after the game was intro'd and am struggling to meet goal timing. I have now got 3 that I could not make the timeframe requirement. Prior to this I have NEVER not completed a goal. I do purchase gems and I own 2 gem machines as well, so it's not a "cheaping out" thing. It's really a time & supply thing. If I didn't have stockpiles (rapidly being depleted now) there is no way I could keep up. Also, how will you get new game players (thereby making more money) if you do not make some concessions to the folks who are purchasing the parts, etc.?

roxierocket
03-13-18, 01:41 PM
I wish this game would do like BS and give you the first appliance "free" as well. It helps.

roxierocket
03-13-18, 01:43 PM
ONE other very large suggestion - let us have 30 gifts daily & 30 requests - that would help everyone and they would still need to purchase gems. The need for so many parts has affected gameplay quite a bit. I don't mind purchasing a pack of gems if It doesn't use them all up on just a couple of items. The price has gone up everywhere instead of just one or 2 areas of the game.

irenecanoes
03-14-18, 05:48 AM
My suggestion is one goal per month... I need time to rearrange my boutique, decorations and so on. To decide what other ovens I like and what I want to buy/store...Doing goals all the time is quite tiring though I like them, but I'd need more time between goals. ; I have many stored ovens(finished goal ones) now waiting for masteringj and dont know when I'll find the time...as new goals are coming up soon.

On the other side, I'm level 99 playing daily through a year or so. At the beginning I could not do goals as I had to order food all the time to have enough stock and was quite annoying to be receiving parts and parts daily from my nbrs... Thinking of beginners now I insist again in having more time inter goals. Cheers!

calebmeadow
03-19-18, 03:33 PM
30 days for 15 dishes. The longer cook time, the longer we need to cook. I can?t cook the dishes for 6+ hours within 15 hours.

bakers000
03-23-18, 07:59 AM
Longer

ravenclaw27
03-23-18, 11:03 AM
I've been playing Bakery Story since 2010 or 2011 and every time we get a 5 day goal, I get that much closer to quitting. I'm a student and it's next to impossible to finish them. Even some of the 15-day goals are incredibly difficult to complete with my schedule. I don't find this constant stream of goals fun and Bakery Story feels more and more like a chore to me as time goes on.

asaifee02
03-25-18, 07:25 AM
I do not ever do a 5-Day Goal coz I'm unable to finish it on time !!
I am ABLE to just BARELY complete the 15-Day Goals as I only have 9 oven slots. It is really STRESSFUL to complete these 15-Day Goals. So i PERSONALLY think that they (Game Devs) should increase the goal time from 15 to 18 or 21 days. It would be less STRESSFUL and ENJOYABLE !!:rolleyes:

bakeitup2day
03-27-18, 03:08 PM
I do not mind 15 day goals but the 5 day goals like the Easter one that just ended are waaaaay too short. I have kids and responsibilities and even if I did not I think it would be impossible to finish without spending money. So yea I did not reach that goal,

cherlou
03-27-18, 03:29 PM
I agree the 5 day goal is way to short unless you have the time to do nothing else all day and night but play 😕 lol

35sweets
03-27-18, 04:19 PM
I also think the goals are too short. That includes the 5 day and the 15 day. Many of my neighbors struggle with getting things done on time. I have some that don't bother with the goals at all. Also some that can only accomplish the first part.
If you're not at home a lot, there's not enough time. The outside world likes to interrupt a lot

oilandvinegar
03-28-18, 05:12 AM
I don?t get why the recent challenges have SUCH short time frames before they end. You would think an Easter challenge might actually be available UNTIL EASTER! Sorry that I had to attend my sons wedding and couldn?t just spend all of my time trying to get this done. Feels like a ploy to force me to spend gems which makes it not a game anymore, just you all making money.

TwixAndScones
05-01-18, 10:34 PM
I start the "I Love To Laugh" goal 3-4 day late - i was able to finish with about 2 more day in remain! But i was a bit scared that i would not finish in time.

However i can see both side!

IF the goal was longer then 2 week, people would get bored and finish it with the first few day to week/ or last few day.

But also it would be good if i could not get scared in the end with only a few day same with other people.

But when i do start "On The Open Road" goal i can get it done with 6 day in remain! :)

But with the 5 day, it should be a FULL week!

THAT should be a week long - NOT 5 day!

gabbi_b
05-02-18, 04:56 PM
I much prefer the 30 day goal! Not because I am running out of time to complete the goal but because it takes so long to master all of the new recipes in the new ovens and I am accumulating a backlog of food that takes forever to be consumed. Please put it back to 30 day goals with maybe an optional string goal that issues a re-release item for the newer players. Us old skool players don't need the re-release gifts so we can concentrate on mastering the new recipes instead in that time frame. I am still trying to master all of the new Mothers Day over recipes while I am having to contend with this new goal now. SLOW DOWN PLEASE.

minxys_
05-03-18, 08:41 AM
I actually think the 15 day goals is a good amount of time I voted to stay the same. But if they want to make the goals longer they can add in more goals for us to do at the same time such as a re release of an old oven because if goals become 30 days then I would get bored

Jojocl141587
05-03-18, 12:13 PM
I actually think the 15 day goals is a good amount of time I voted to stay the same. But if they want to make the goals longer they can add in more goals for us to do at the same time such as a re release of an old oven because if goals become 30 days then I would get bored

I absolutely agree with this

shjzo
05-03-18, 03:35 PM
Ok, just putting that out there.

The last 5 days goal was a friggin NIGHTMARE for me!

Actually I think the timer should be set in a fashion so it's possible to finish a goal within a given timeframe with only ONE oven built (and not 500 or cutting back on sleep to get things done, geez.)
Last goal: step 2,3 and 4 were in summary 38 dishes from the "new" oven, each 8 hrs to bake: makes 304 hrs, divided by 24 equals 12.66667 days (without a break mind you) and that excludes the time it takes to even BUILD the thing and the prerequisites to unlocking the first recipe!

Why? just WHY? And how on earth is someone who would like to get the final prize who can only afford to build one oven supposed to manage that? Like, at all? EVER?
(And I'm not even gonna get started on complaining about how expensive all these recipes are.)

I wouldn't even mind if goals were overlapping. Who said one goal has to end before the next can start? It could be a compromise to satisfy new and veteran players.
If the 15 days goals were 30, and 5 days goals let's say 10 days, the 10 days goal could start 20 days into the 30 days goal and both would end at the same time, giving people who already finished the 30 days goal a new task to focus on while giving more time to people who can't finish that fast. It could almost make bakery story a *casual* game, no? Cause why the heck not. sigh.
Are any of the storm8 programmers even reading what people write here? Probably not. Just wondering...
Sorry, it's just frustrating and that's not what I want this game to be. Enough of that.

-end of rant-

Nightmare...
Almost makes me want to quit again...

TwixAndScones
05-03-18, 04:53 PM
Ok, just putting that out there.

The last 5 days goal was a friggin NIGHTMARE for me!

Actually I think the timer should be set in a fashion so it's possible to finish a goal within a given timeframe with only ONE oven built (and not 500 or cutting back on sleep to get things done, geez.)
Last goal: step 2,3 and 4 were in summary 38 dishes from the "new" oven, each 8 hrs to bake: makes 304 hrs, divided by 24 equals 12.66667 days (without a break mind you) and that excludes the time it takes to even BUILD the thing and the prerequisites to unlocking the first recipe!

Why? just WHY? And how on earth is someone who would like to get the final prize who can only afford to build one oven supposed to manage that? Like, at all? EVER?
(And I'm not even gonna get started on complaining about how expensive all these recipes are.)

I wouldn't even mind if goals were overlapping. Who said one goal has to end before the next can start? It could be a compromise to satisfy new and veteran players.
If the 15 days goals were 30, and 5 days goals let's say 10 days, the 10 days goal could start 20 days into the 30 days goal and both would end at the same time, giving people who already finished the 30 days goal a new task to focus on while giving more time to people who can't finish that fast. It could almost make bakery story a *casual* game, no? Cause why the heck not. sigh.
Are any of the storm8 programmers even reading what people write here? Probably not. Just wondering...
Sorry, it's just frustrating and that's not what I want this game to be. Enough of that.

-end of rant-

Nightmare...
Almost makes me want to quit again...

Overlapping is a good thing, as i see it.

It can be very hard.. They are not no fun no more :(

(In regards to S8)

Sometime i wonder the same thing, does S8 ever read members post? If so they might change something! Or at least get a view where the players stand.

In my 5-6 years of play, it was a good ride - until they stop the weekly updates: in regards to: new boxes/crates, new ovens that aren't required/needed by goal. New decorations (you don't have to get by goal) - they still did goal, but they also had regular updates weekly (not need by goal).

They stop that like 2-3 year ago.

But there was no 5 day goal and less needed requests to start the actual goal.
I wish for that to be bring back.

The thing i like though - is they bring back old goal/ old decoration.

(Forum moderators)

The forum moderators are good but they can't change something entirely -at least not in the game. However i think they are only forum moderators but they are good (in my experience) with them.

shjzo
05-03-18, 05:24 PM
In my 5-6 years of play, it was a good ride - until they stop the weekly updates: in regards to: new boxes/crates, new ovens that aren't required/needed by goal. New decorations (you don't have to get by goal) - they still did goal, but they also had regular updates weekly (not need by goal).

They stop that like 2-3 year ago.

I'm a relatively new player (started last year) but I hit level 99 about a week ago. I'm a somewhat dedicated player and it's not like in-game money would be an issue in completing a goal but time certainly IS.
People have lives and the game sometimes makes me think that S8 tends to forget that. It makes the game feel more like a job and less like casual entertainment (which is what it should naturally be in my humble opinion).
Unfortunately this also means I have no comparison how a 30 days goal feels like. I only know its stressful 15 days variant and its even more painfully stressful small 5 days cousin. The goal free release of ovens and decorations is music to my ears, though.

Any change towards less timeconsuming would be a good change. If you put the game down for a week or even if it's a day or two (making you start late for a goal) you could potentially miss out on 500 things in the meanwhile. It locks away recipes and decorations for good without the option of unlocking them - ever. Unless they decide to maybe re-release it again in about 4-5 years from now. That's no fun.

tatermaters
06-18-18, 03:27 PM
30 day goals were lovely. Its a chore now

TamandraDrake
06-19-18, 11:06 AM
I personally do not like the 5 day goals. I run out of time with the last recipe not finished or even sooner and I play a lot during the day! Maybe if you have great neighbors who respond all the time and quickly it is doable, but for me the 15 day is much better. I still finish only a day or two before it ends, but at least I complete the goal.

Eilonthay
06-19-18, 01:48 PM

Indeed! Not only that, but can they please not finish in the middle of the day? How about having them end at 5 pm or midnight? People work and go to school and it's nuts to have them end early like that!

3truffles
07-05-18, 05:57 PM
Why not meet in the middle and have it at 20 days. I personally work 50 hours a week and would like the extra 5 days to complete goals.

adreamdeferred
08-15-18, 06:33 AM
I personally do not like the 5 day goals. I run out of time with the last recipe not finished or even sooner and I play a lot during the day! Maybe if you have great neighbors who respond all the time and quickly it is doable, but for me the 15 day is much better. I still finish only a day or two before it ends, but at least I complete the goal.

I agree! Not enough time. I don't think I've finished one yet.. I've tried maybe 2 or 3x.
As for the 15 days goals, I tend to finish them early if I bust my rear.. but more time would still be nice. People are busy!

cutelittlebabypanda
09-04-18, 04:57 PM

Agreed. It's not fun anymore.

my607
09-04-18, 06:02 PM
The way goals are now 30 would be nice. We do have lives you know.

Eilonthay
09-05-18, 11:41 AM
Longer. I missed the poll, so my response isn't counted among those numbers.

I always shoot for 4 ovens per stage (since they usually have us build two different appliances) because that seems to work well for me, in terms of getting the questing done. Three is my comfort zone and the fourth is for extra parts I get sent or I accept because I wasn't paying attention and didn't count. I'm not sure how people manage with less, but props to them! I can't do it.

My neighbors are pretty good about throwing parts at me, but life happens and sometimes things lag, so there have been times where I'm struggling to get even a third appliance built, which slows things way down. I can babysit appliances at night, but not very well during the day, due to work, and there have been at least a couple of recent quests that I didn't finish. It was disappointing, but I was able to get all the recipes, so it wasn't a total waste. I'm not asking for them to be a month long thing, maybe just an extra week--three weeks would probably be enough for most people, but that's just my two cents. There are a lot of people saying that the 5-day goals are a chore and I agree! I've only ever been able to finish two or three, coming close on the rest...it needs to be at least a week.

I like the side quests because they're essentially optional. I guess it's all technically optional, but you know what I mean. It's nice to see some of the old prizes come back that I missed out on because they came out before I was playing, and it's nice to be able to reuse appliances I already have. Would it be too much trouble to have these recipes either make more servings or make more money per serving? It'd be nice to have more money to buy all these decor and appliances that are so expensive!

mauw22
09-05-18, 01:49 PM
I think a tiny bit longer, just because I dont have time to master other ovens because I only work on goals. For newer players like me, it feels sad to not enjoy the other ovens.

everlinn
09-05-18, 06:35 PM
I wasn?t able to read all posts so excuse me if I?m repeating the same opinions as others over and over again.
I started playing this game in 2010. Originally I only struggled to complete goals because of lack of neighbors. After getting a good group of neighbors I never struggled to complete the main 15 day goals. The 5 day goals were sometimes a challenge but I liked being able to get new or rereleased content. However, as of September 2018 and the most recent update I am completely upset. This may be my first time not completing a goal in years. The goal timer is the same (15 ish days) and the oven cooking timers are the same but the gross increase in part amounts is ridiculous. You can only get a limited amount of gifts from neighbors and the crate drops random parts you may not need at the time. The collectible help but it?s like dropping one drop of water in a pool-takes a while. The work around to get more collectibles (starting a recipe and then canceling or storing the oven) is a waste of coins. I believe a few things need to happen

1) Return it to the old way and decrease the stress of 5 day goals either by lowering the amount of food needed or increasing to six days.
2) Have optional rerelease goals for those who are new/were not able to complete a goal in the past
3) If it continues the current way either the days need to be increased, the parts lowered, or collectibles need to drop faster or in multiples.

It is quite stressful right now and is making me lose interest in the game. With the current update 15 days is not enough without spending a lot of gems (diamonds).

Halilady
09-13-18, 02:12 PM
I have been noticing that the mini goals have been starting very late, like 7 hours after the old usual start time! Given it to be a 5 day goal, does it not occur to the people in charge that in essence it has now become a 4 day event as those people on the other side of the atlantic ocean are asleep in their beds! Why is it so late! What is the reason for this? Is this necessary? Please respond and please correct this practise as it is very unfair to many loyal players! You are driving people away from the games!! Bad enough that the format has changed!!

poohbear6185
09-13-18, 02:29 PM
I agree with everlinn.
The new goal requirements are ridiculous. I cannot get 28 of 1 Part from all my neighbors as they are sending me parts they want and I too have started a recipe and stored my oven then put it back out & repeated several times before getting just 1 Campfire logs. I finally got 2 ovens only to realize I neeed 3 before I could make the 15 s'mores. So today the last day I still did not have any s'mores made. 5 hours left to make all 3 recipes but the 2nd appliance and make those 3 recipes yeah right!
I hate this new goal thing and I'm quitting goals unless they go back the way they were. I had a difficult time completing them then so this is totally not fun. Challenging not really impossible for most I think.
I do have a life. And lately I have quit playing daily after over 6 years of playing every day obsessively.
I am very disappointed and unhappy as it has ruined the fun I used to have.

shelbycatc
09-13-18, 03:02 PM
I am disappointed lin the new way the goals are being done ike everlinn and poohbear and several of my neighbors. I was able to get my 3rd oven yesterday, I think. No time to cook all 3 recipes. And I certainly would not be able to buy the drink machine. What are they thinking? Are they trying to drive us away? I sold my crates because no way would they ever get built.I have been playing since spring of 2011 .Loved the game and made several good friends. That is the only reason I haven't removed the game. I already removed Castle Story because of the insane goal requirements.
I used to love that game too. I want to have fun at a game. A little challenge is fine.Maybe I should stick to Mahjong and stay away from Storm8. If they go back to the goal requirements we had a few months ago, I would be pleased.
As to the time for goals. I liked 30 days. But maybe 20 would be easier than 15? But I was having trouble completing goals then, mostly my fault cuz my food got spoiled oops.
But I cannot do this new goal thing. I am not pleased because I have always enjoyed getting new holiday decorations appliances etc.

Erobya36
09-13-18, 03:10 PM
I can't give exact details because I played RS awhile back in 2012/2013 but quit for awhile. Then I started new again in late 2015 & have slowly built up to 2 accounts each in RS & BS.
I personally would like to see it go back to the format that Team Lava used with 30 day Goals. It seemed liked we got so much from the Goal & for prizes. It was also all brand new & didn't copycat from other games. I would say keep the side goals within for those of us that finish quickly. Maybe even make it a couple or a few in the 30 days. Give people variety & choices. You can't please everyone all the time! I also loved when when the game updated automatically for the Holiday season & our Patrons were dressed in Caricature instead of having to download separate games to get that. Sales are always good for re-releasing items people can't get anymore.
I don't mind the new version so much, I do like the fact we don't need to Request from Neighbors before we can build the first oven, but it can be time consuming. I can see where people get Frustrated. I don't have alot of free time, but do have the ability to respond to my food when it's ready & make more. Alot of people can't have their phones on them at Work so these new Goals are Impossible for them! In my Group /Neighbors alot of them have said they are quitting the Goals & a good handful have deleted the Game(s) totally.

sugardolls2
09-13-18, 04:29 PM
I like the 30 day goal better some neighbors are fast at sending parts some are not and some live the game so it's difficult doing it all in 15 days and they ask for 30/40 parts that's crazy! Plus the side goal and the 2 ovens and each recipe that need to be unlocked and baked I haven't finished the past 3 goals and I been constantly playing and still I can't make it becuse the last recipes are 7-10 hours cooking time.

Nompombrepe
09-15-18, 06:18 AM
I think that it's fine the way it's set up. But you should give better prizes. After slaving for 5 days, you get 1 measly decor, it should be 1 prize per part. And I find it funny that you get only 1000 coins after spending thousands on dishes and ovens. Maybe these 5 day goals could have a prize of 50 gems, make it sweeter, for all the frustration some of the players experience.

sunnyDreams
09-15-18, 12:14 PM
The new goal format is BORING!

Getting all those parts requires doing boring tapping for far too long. It would be better to build ovens with existing parts and significantly fewer parts. The parts menu has gotten ridiculously long.

Games are supposed to be fun. These goals are not.
O

myroute66
10-17-18, 12:24 PM
I agree with sunnyDreams, the goals are getting pretty boring. I’ve been playing for 5 years quit doing the 5 days goals cuz I don’t like re cooking items that have reached level 4 and some prizes aren’t worth the trouble.
With that being said, 15 days is enough time for some but as you can read others have a hard time completing them. Give more time

lalalulu84
10-18-18, 07:15 AM
Can we not go back to the 30 days to finish a goal?? I cannot get 28 parts from my neighbor's in 15 days for three ovens. It's ridiculous. I used to be able to finish goals now I can't. It's irritating I want to be able to unlock all of the food on the ovens but I do good to unlock two items. In work and I'm a mom and I used to be able to complete goals but now I can't. After 5 years u haven't been able to do goals in the past year probably.

Miaohmy88
10-19-18, 05:53 AM
Shorter is fine with me. And since I'm commenting, I'd just like to say that I'm utterly disappointed in the Halloween goal this year. They normally have more items to choose from, but this season, there was nothing. No extra Halloween items, besides the goals. And it would be nice if they made some scarier items. I'm tired of all the "cute" items.

4kidlets
10-22-18, 04:52 PM
This may be a glitch but the last few Halloween goals haven't shown up for me until there was only 5 days less (I can't even attempt them because the cook time for some items is 12+ hours and I needed to make 10 of them. Plus another item that uses the same oven.) I would personally like a longer timeline to complete goals as I work full time.

monstertop
10-23-18, 10:39 AM
This may be a glitch but the last few Halloween goals haven't shown up for me until there was only 5 days less (I can't even attempt them because the cook time for some items is 12+ hours and I needed to make 10 of them. Plus another item that uses the same oven.) I would personally like a longer timeline to complete goals as I work full time.

There are 15 day goals and there are 5 day goals. So you might be seeing the 5 day goals and thinking it hasn't shown up until there were only 5 days left.

10-23-18, 11:07 AM
Subject: Goals

I don't mind that goals take 15 days, however I do know nbrs that don't believe it's enough time as some of them doesn't finish them.

But know that the goals require, an outrageous amount of parts needed for the new appliances. It makes it very hard to complete the goals.
I don't like that we need to redeem the parts in our collectables in order to get parts needed for new appliances.
Asking for 30-40 parts, is just plan outrageous.

I wish Storm8 would go back to the way they've always done it before. When it comes to the 15 day goals.
I'm fine with the way the 5 day goals are done, and I like that we can bring out old appliances to receive new recipes.

Thank you for your concern regarding this matter, as I know I speak for all my nbrs. I know they all feel the same as I do.

lalalulu84
10-24-18, 07:28 AM
How can we get them to change the goals back to the way they used to be??!! As a working mom i used to be able to play this game while.my son was sleeping and enjoy it. Now i have to rush to try to.at least unlock all the food and i haven't finsihed a goal and gotten the final prize in forever. It's super annoying. I've been playing since 2014 and have never had an issue until this year with completing goals.

natas7676
10-24-18, 07:56 AM
I hate the shorter goals. I haven't finished a goal since they shortened the time. De 5-daagse goals haal ik nooit, jammer genoeg.Niet te doen! De 15 daagse goals haal ik altijd,net zoals het doel ernaast,erg leuk om dan de prijs te winnen! De 5-daagse doe ik alleen om de ovens te bouwen maar de prijs kan ik wegens tijdgebrek altijd naar fluiten

lalalulu84
10-24-18, 07:39 PM
👏👏👏👏 amen!! Same here!! Like hello people we have a life and we like to play for fun.amd have time to finish goals.

lalalulu84
10-24-18, 07:46 PM
I think we should have more time to finish goals like it used to be. 30 days was enough time for people who have rral lives. Like people who work and have kids. It's unrealistic to finish an over that requires 28 of one part and 20 of another and to do it in 15 days is ridiculous!! I have used to many gems on these goals. I was trying to save them so i could expand my bakery but no i've had to use them to help me with goal parts.

i wasn?t able to read all posts so excuse me if i?m repeating the same opinions as others over and over again.
I started playing this game in 2010. Originally i only struggled to complete goals because of lack of neighbors. After getting a good group of neighbors i never struggled to complete the main 15 day goals. The 5 day goals were sometimes a challenge but i liked being able to get new or rereleased content. However, as of september 2018 and the most recent update i am completely upset. This may be my first time not completing a goal in years. The goal timer is the same (15 ish days) and the oven cooking timers are the same but the gross increase in part amounts is ridiculous. You can only get a limited amount of gifts from neighbors and the crate drops random parts you may not need at the time. The collectible help but it?s like dropping one drop of water in a pool-takes a while. The work around to get more collectibles (starting a recipe and then canceling or storing the oven) is a waste of coins. I believe a few things need to happen

1) return it to the old way and decrease the stress of 5 day goals either by lowering the amount of food needed or increasing to six days.
2) have optional rerelease goals for those who are new/were not able to complete a goal in the past
3) if it continues the current way either the days need to be increased, the parts lowered, or collectibles need to drop faster or in multiples.

It is quite stressful right now and is making me lose interest in the game. With the current update 15 days is not enough without spending a lot of gems (diamonds).

poohbear6185
10-25-18, 08:37 AM
I certainly don't want timer shorter. More time would be great for a slow poke like me. But 15 is adequate. Most of the new goals with the huge parts requirements I have found that even with 15 days, I've not been able to complete them in time Is it 15 days? Seems shorter to me. But I would like the amount of recipes lowered. I can barely get the 28. But 40 recipes is beyond ridiculous! In order to cook 15 recipes (especially the 8 hour ones) you need more than the 3 required stoves. But I wouldn't want them to require more stoves. I prefer to add more so I have at least 5. Then ideally I only need to cook 3 rounds to get 15.
But when we need 40 to build just 1 appliance, how can I get 5 appliances? I use the Collectibles for long periods of time & work at getting drops and parts since we can only request & receive 20 gifts daily and my neighbors don't always send what I need.
I am very unhappy about this new goal requirement. It is especially frustrating when I invest most of my coins on the appliances the wallpaper, floor tiles, etc then fail to complete it. What a waste of my time! I could have watched a movie, gone to the park. You know real world life?
Having 2 goals back to back doesn't give me enough time to relax after the marathon run.
I think the Mini goal (the one where we use basic appliances to earn a decoration from past goals) should not be running the same time as the main goal. I don't have enough appliances to make 12 teas, 24 cakes and cook stuff for the main goal too. And I don't have 40 gems to purchase more appliance spaces. My max is 18 appliances at level 99.
It was nice when we could earn gems watching adds or trying out a new game. I actually kept several of those games. And earning 6 gems for trying the game was pretty sweet.
I was able to save up to expand. At $60 million or 80 gems it will be impossible for me to expand.
But that's another issue for a different thread... lol

I agree with you and posted much the same things you said. I spent over an hour storing my 1 appliance pullingvit our etc andxrandom drops were 30 of 1 or 2 drops but maybe the others only 1 or 2. So after 30 tries I only earned 2 parts from Collectibles. I'm stressed out how is this fun anymore? It's work I'm retired why do I want to work this hard it's not a chess tournament no tangible prize. Decorations are cute but they stay on a device not on a shelf in my livingroom.
I've been playing since April 2012. Used to complete most goals while working full time at an extremely stressful job the games were my relax button. I used to get excited when it was time for a goal. Not anymore.

I was agreeing with everlinn

minxys_
10-25-18, 11:00 AM
@poohbear618 that is because the developers want us to spend gems on parts with this new goal format, they purposely are making it hard to get collectibles now I barely get any as well

sputzell59
11-04-18, 06:39 AM
I have lost 15 % of my neighbors because they think the goals are too tedious.

peekaboo09
11-06-18, 10:23 PM
5 day goal should be more longer like make it 2 days more ...bt 15 day goal is fine

HappyHeartBakery
11-07-18, 07:24 AM
I could care less how long/short they are.
My concern is that I have gotten stuck on 2nd appliance for the last few goals and have only been able to get thru maybe the 1st recipe before goal is over and then I have 1-2 additional recipes sitting there locked forever. VERY annoying. I will not spend gems just to build the oven more quickly - I send/receive/gift parts daily. I have ALWAYS finished every goal - ALWAYS finished every recipe on every oven - own every appliance - this is Absurd.

purplecatdz
11-20-18, 06:40 PM
I use to enjoy Bakery story but the change of goals and days have made almost impossible to complete. Cooking a total of 80 food items at 1 hour is near impossible unless a person is on the game all day for hours at a time. Not in a real world.
The continually prompts at the opening of the game is annoying and almost always includes the goals I did complete.
It's as almost the staff does not care what we do unless of course of we are a paying customer.
I don't or will not pay to play not to finish a goal. This is only a game to occupy a little of my free time.
The goals are unreachable and the table and chairs are not any different t from other sets. I would like to see unique items and choices of color and style. And I would like to see a more closely related seasonal them.

storm8id916
11-27-18, 06:33 PM
I'm OK with bakery story even though sometimes I fall short. But RS I'd hard to complete cause I have so much inactive neighbors and get like less than 10 goal gifts a day, including response fromantic gift req.

PeppiVille
12-13-18, 11:08 AM
I love goal start days! I just wish there was not a delay between goals. Waiting is awful. I have a lack of patience I guess. Lol It seems I am one of those players that finish a goal early so the wait is already long.

I?m used to S8 games where one goal ends and the next begins. I know on those forums though there are a lot of complaints about the never ending goals and wanting a break between.

It is a tough job trying to keep us all happy. Thank you for goals. I would not play without them. :)

kalbrecht
12-13-18, 09:01 PM
I like both long and short goals but not the 3 appliances rule. I think you should be able to complete with the one and have the option to buy more without spending gems. This way everyone can play at their own pace.

dunnaway52
01-19-19, 08:03 AM
When I first started playing the games I really enjoyed them. But now I feel like I have to rush through them. There was a 30 day time line. People have family's and jobs . I would like to see using some of the items already there to build ovens. I am running out of space for parts. I wasn't able to finish the goal because you have to have so many parts to build the ovens. Because some of my friends don't do the goals.

udittara
03-10-19, 08:18 AM
5 day goals should be longer
Too stressful and this is the first time in years that I am not able to complete goals

KLynne423
03-11-19, 01:45 AM
I have no problem with the 15 day goal, but I do think the 5 day goal should be 7 instead. So many times I've missed the 5 day goal by only a few hours.

fawziaj
03-11-19, 10:14 AM
I've been playing for 8+yrs now.
I think the goal time is fair but the goals are excessive and overpriced.I seem to be playing b2b fr one thing or the other.
Also
I've been on level 99 fr 7yrs now
If I'm going to stay on this level forever then what's the point in playing.
So disheartening 😰

annalimanada
03-11-19, 05:41 PM
More time or less cooking.

This isnt workable for me.

swansoda
03-11-19, 07:24 PM
Looks like I?m coming into this thread late, but I wish goals were longer. I can?t get enough ovens made fast enough to get food cooked in a timely manner, and if I wanted to get 1-3 hour cooks done faster to save time on 6-10 or do hour cooks, I would have to set a timer during sleep to wake up to deal with cooking, and that?s ridiculous. It?s frustrating that I can?t get goals finished and not be able to receive prize decorations at the end..... I try to add more neighbors, but I ran into many replying to me saying they?re not adding right now. And I believe in being courteous and returning tips, and I find it overwhelming with retuning tips with having so many neighbors (that I need for goal completion), especially when this is not the only story game I play, and especially when so many neighbors require you to remain at 3-4 stars for you to remain as their neighbor..... like I can?t even finish goal 3 out of 4 most of the time.

35sweets
03-12-19, 12:24 PM
The goal time is not long enough to complete, especially the 5-day goals. It seems that more products are crammed into a short amount of time. I've gotten complaints that they cannot be finished

xuju
03-14-19, 06:39 AM
1/建造炉子需要太多的零件儿了
2/出售(卖菜)的速度太慢了

roxierocket
03-20-19, 04:24 PM
The short term goal time is a recent event with the changeover in management. I've got lots of nabors who have played for years dropping out because there are too many parts needed per appliance to play a 15 day game. We are going to purchase gems of course, but if they would go back to less parts needed per oven, they can keep the 15 day goals - then we will still purchase those cool little packs that come up in the last 4 days or so & also keep purchasing gems on sale. In the past year I personally have lost 100+ nabors who have dropped out because it is becoming stressful to complete the goals in the time allotted with the gift limit of 20 (which used to be 30) and the request limit of 20 with this number of required parts per appliance. There's almost no time left to actually decorate your establishment - which we all did multiple times - almost monthly and the stress level is up so it is no longer a cool social game that de-stresses you after a workday. It has taken a lot of fun out of the game. Newbies give up quickly as there is no way to accumulate enough money, appliances, keep food on the counters & play the 15 day goals at once. Looks like they are losing long term customers & new ones are not sticking. Some thought needs to be given to the current system - it doesn't help when customers are leaving like flies and new ones are not staying put to continue to spend their money with you. (There are some nice changes as well - the little packs that are sold in the last 4 days & teh side goals, lots of sales on gems, etc. - those are good come ons but need to be balanced by the other issues to expand the customer base & keep everyone happy - happy customers spend even more money & buy more cool deco items.)

I agree - player since inception of BS and RS - lost 100+ nabors in past 12 months due to unhappiness over these issues and it is no longer fun to play. Nobody wants to miss the goal - either put less parts required or extend the goal period. We spend more money purchasing gem packs on the sales & we also buy more things when the goal period is longer. New folks are basically not going to make it in the current gameplay. I add new ones and they drop out within 60 - 90 days out of frustration - I totally understand. *Please do continue to reopen old items - folks love them and we buy them even if we already have one. The little packs on the last 4 days of the goals are a big favorite too. *Year end special oven & gem machine purchases have been loved as well. Please make this game enjoyable again - you will find we spend much more - it's overly stressful now and I hate losing nabors I've had for up to 10 years!~!!

wtfitbs2
06-18-19, 07:41 PM
I opened my Bakery 2 days before this Peachy event started, and I will finish the event with 2 days to spare even though I delayed starting the event for a day as I?d contacted support about my old account not working (incidentally, they still haven?t responded lol). So I think it is safe to say that 15 days is enough time to complete the events. I used 3 step one appliances, and 4 step two, making recipes as I built new appliances. I think some people try to build too many step one appliances. I?ve seen a few players (up to lvl40 who aren?t doing the side goal) make 5 step one, and then be left struggling on day 10 to start building step 2!

My only gripe is the recipe yields (in terms of quantity) are rather poor in comparison to regular recipes, and as I?m playing a new game, I didn?t have excess appliances to keep an ongoing food supply. There were quite a number of times that I was forced to ?close the store? in order to prevent losing hearts. So I?d prefer to see that aspect improved, oh, and the initial cost of all those wall and floor tiles lol I?m going to start saving for the next one :p

sohini4
06-19-19, 01:32 AM
1. Time is ok
2. Quantity per platre is very frustrating. After spendin 7 to 10 hours of we get only 550 or 775 plates, its not worthy. Some plates are not even goodlooking to invest more.
3. Previously number of appkiances are not the part of goal. Why I should make 3 of each when I will never use those in future? I can take my time to complete goal by using 2 ovens.
4. I can invest in other appmiances instead of this. For eg, I built 6 motherly ovens. Though quantity is very less. Only 925 plates per 9 hours. But I am using all 6 ovens regularly to make only 2 dishes out of 6 recipes as foods are good looking.

Give us something in return which is worthy pls

sohini4
06-19-19, 01:41 AM
I have started to play bakery story and restaurant story in way back 2012. I must say that ot was much more exciting and enjoyable than now.

You should figure out how to upgrade all of us from 99 .... Then it will be more interesting as we will have something to achieve.

Only tougher goal is not enough. Moreover you will loose players.

Phat_farm_2
06-22-19, 04:05 AM
I think it should remain the same.

eekme_inn
07-17-19, 05:20 PM
15 days goal is great if the part needed to build an appliances is not 28 this or 28 that.
If the management wanted to shorten the time then they should be no maximum of gift a player can receive.
And they should do some sort of catalogue for gift dividing it into GOAL PARTS, BASIC PARTS, FOOD.

LightAndLove83
07-22-19, 07:26 AM
I?ve only been playing since 2013. I started to play in 2012, but I didn?t understand the game dynamics at first, and since I was busy during that time, I didn?t play. Then in 2013, life changed and I found the game again.

Since 2013, the changes that have been made in the game have not been for the best. I?ve seen player after player quitting because they don?t feel the game is fun and interesting anymore. I would say it?s because they just got bored with the game, but usually they say they feel disenfranchised. S8 ignores their customers. It boggles the mind that they have a forum and a means of contacting them, but it?s a waist of time and effort if your not feeling like your being heard.

In all fairness, S8 has to do what is best for their company, but you would think that they would realize that in some instances, a little sacrifice here and there, would actually give them bigger returns in the long run, but NOPE! It?s like they?ve dug in and won?t budge!

I hope that at some point, Storm will realize BS and RS potential, and start on a path to better communication with their customer base. A little compromise goes a long way.

deepfrya
09-03-19, 03:32 PM
20 days would be nice. Or if they insist on goals back to back at least give a 10 day period. Or do it monthly again. Honestly too many ovens being released and recipes in a short period of time.

guna28
09-03-19, 04:32 PM
20 days would be ok

mrsmcghee33107
09-04-19, 09:58 AM
Goal length is fine for me. I wish there were a few more days of down time between each goal so we could work on building/mastering other stuff.

vanillalatte101
09-04-19, 08:00 PM
Goal length is fine for me. I wish there were a few more days of down time between each goal so we could work on building/mastering other stuff.

Agreed. I finish every goal but sometimes I wish there was just a week off between when one goal ends and another begins

sora_fighter36
09-07-19, 11:28 PM
I really think the current goal system is a nightmare. Too many parts to build and not enough time to build them in. The gift count needs to raise if the goals aren’t going to change

nileswifeyy
09-30-19, 07:45 PM
I would like to have longer time for goal. I?m coming into this thread late! This a big concern for me. I can?t get enough ovens made fast enough to get food cooked in a timely manner. It?s frustrating that I can?t get goals finished and not be able to receive prize decorations at the end:( It might help if I didn?t need 45 parts pieces each to build the ovens, and also the time lengths to cook each item. 10 hours is a lot of time when you have to cook 15+ of just one recipe. I would really like for this to get fixed!

kuyawah
10-02-19, 01:36 AM
ive been playing BS for 2 months.
at first, i ignore the quest coz getting coins is hard for starters.
then at level 33, i took the my first 15 day quest, and so the 5 day challenge too.. it was a struggle at first coz i need to be aware of each recipes cooking time. and ovens and drinking machines are a bit hard, requires lots of parts, in which i discovered a way earning collectible parts with ease. no need to wait for neighbors gifts or granting your request.
after that, i finished both goals within 11 days.. the extra 4 days is for saving another set of coins for the next incoming goals. i think ive spent 500k for just clearing the goals, no gems spent. but its a no problem for me coz i can earn 10k/hr..

BertiesHeavenScent
10-03-19, 01:45 AM
I hate having one hour foods to cook in the goals. Sometimes I miss several deadlines and end up with the dreaded flies. I've been close to not finishing a goal when I've been busy. I don't know how people who work complete goals.

jikan
10-03-19, 04:40 AM
With a busy schedule, the short timed recipes are more of a problem in completing Goals.
Ever since they started the 2 Goals a month schedule, my coins keep decreasing and I can't do/buy anything else unless I want to miss an oven in the next Goal.
It is also becoming more and more annoying to look for anything. New items keep coming but nothing has changed in organizing them.
15-20 days should be fine for Goals but its effects should be addressed.

Lilacswan
10-06-19, 07:27 AM
I myself played a few years ago before the game changed. I always enjoyed it in the past. Now I DO NOT enjoy it.

We had plenty of time to finish and received a very special and very nice prize. I myself have tried several times to finish the goal. I have not finished one of the newer goals. So I just don't try any longer. Why should I. What's the point?? With the holidays coming up.....only more disappointment. After not having finished so many times a player begins to feel like a loser. A loser. For a new player?? Feeling like a loser may make them quit very quickly.

A game should not be a stressful time. It should be very enjoyable. And fair to all. I refuse to spend any real money on a virtual prize I will not obtain.
The goals are programmed to be what they are. Money spend money.
In the good old days I used to spend a lot of money on bakery story and restaurant story. Fashion story also. But these games are not much fun anymore. They should be fun.

So I will make a suggestion. Just an idea had. Here goes. Please don't shoot the messenger lol.

Have 2 versions of BS for example. 1. The original version
2. The newer updated version

Have the same goals. Same cookers. Same prizes. Everything is the same except the newer version has all those miserable parts most don't like and cannot obtain. I always manage to come up short on the second part. Why??? The server has been programmed to "hold" the parts. So we might spend some money? Not.
More people would enjoy the experience of a wonderful game and keep playing. And spend more on something they enjoy.
I play another game. I dare not mention the title. But I will spend $20.00 and more every week. And when I play and visit other players? I can see they also spend a great deal on the game. But it's a very fun game. Your food never spoils. It never *****s. And there is always many ways to "win" free workers. Free coins points gems. And decorations that generate coins and points. For example after 2 days you collect your coins of 100,000. And points for 2,000. Just an example. But it's a great game. I spend most of my day there.

There are soooooo many ways for both parties to achieve their goals. Stormy games and the players like myself.

Volab100
10-08-19, 10:55 PM
You should definitely lengthen the goal time's . People do work , or have school , etc .Three weeks would be so much better . I really hope you read these threads , and take this into consideration .

KatarinaLynne
10-14-19, 02:34 PM
I think the goal time should be longer. Especially since we have no notifications, and it takes a long time to get parts for the machines. It takes DAYS to finish just one machine now. And when you have a recipe that cooks for long periods, it is difficult to do. Especially when you work, go to school, etc, and can't watch it all day ! Please make the goal time longer, OR shorten the cooking times and the amount of parts for the machines. 🙂

10-16-19, 02:40 PM
I would really want to have longer goals since (hopefully for now) I'm getting no notifacations like alot of other android users, I'm not a person who waits for it to be done I can't watch my food every time! Now it actually takes a week just to finish 1 goal appliance and I really want to complete and get the prizes it's extremely frustrating!! Either these goals can be shorter and u decrease the food preperation times or make it longer and keep long preperation times hundered of players including me wanted to have longer goals so plzzzz make it longer or plz do the other choices thx :D

joda1126
11-28-19, 10:18 PM
I stopped spending my money on this game years ago when they changed this game for the worse. There?s no creativity and the game is full of glitches. It?s really sad...I have played for 10 years.

dehbaker
12-01-19, 06:29 AM
It should be longer.. so many glitches and I don't get notifications on my phone. End up wasting a lot of money. May stop playing all together.

BertiesHeavenScent
12-01-19, 12:40 PM
I have just started to have difficulty finishing goals. The reason is notifications no longer work. So I get the dreaded flies at least 3 times for every 2 hour bake. I just can't have an alarm go off every 2 hours, so I have to throw the food away and try again. It's starting to be too much of a pain to even try.

sweetlife007
12-03-19, 09:07 PM
I think the 15 day goal is fine. The problem for me is the number of parts to build each oven. There are so goals that require 72 parts per oven! We can only get so many many gifts and material requests per day. I have a lot of neighbors but it takes a while to get enough parts. Collectibles help but takes a while to gather enough to build parts. In summary, my suggestion is to keep 15 day but lower parts needed to build ovens to 30 or 40 max.

kat8rose
01-15-20, 02:11 PM
I like the older system with 30 day goals. With the addition of collectibles to trade for parts, the quantities of parts needed has gotten unrealistic. It's like work, it was more fun before. I do like the side goal or 5 day goals. My two cents 😎

sora_fighter36
01-16-20, 07:05 PM
I wonder if anyone with ability to change stuff is reading this thread. Almost 70% of players want more time and everyone is expressing the same difficulties about completing the goals (too many parts and not enough gift opportunity to build ovens within the time limit). I wonder why this hasn’t been addressed. This thread has been going on since 2017 but it doesn’t seem that anything has changed

lovelylaurie
01-20-20, 01:45 AM
I think 20 Day goals would be perfect, I?m so crazy busy I have trouble completing the goals I get close but not quite there

TwixAndScones
02-07-20, 01:17 PM
Now this is probably an unpopular opinion.

But the saddest part for me,
Is that the 5 day goals are easier to complete than the 15 day goals.

You'd assume in a way, 5 day goals would be harder to complete in comparison to the 15 day goals, because of the shorter time frame - but in all honesty, it's not for me. Which is sad.

I think it's because of the requirements of needing 30+ tools - per 1 oven/fountain to complete and build them, and you're required to at least build 3 of each - if you aren't going to skip it with x amount of gems.

But in my opinion, i still think it's a bit ironic that I'm having no trouble at all with the 5 day goals but with the 15 day, I am.

Maybe I'm just slow at this or something, but it's unfortunate.

In fact, I actually started the last 5 day goal (the one with the Cake Delivery offer) about a day late, so in all fairness I only had 4-3 days left. But yet I still finished without a struggle, surprisingly. But if I even miss a day on the 15 day goals - I never can seem to finish it or get the final goal prize.

I hear people already complete the goal within 7 days of it coming in, but unfortunately I do not have such luck.

I do wish or either hope that the:

Tools requirement lowers a bit
Or, at least add 2-3 more days on extension to the 15 day goals.

I haven't had such luck completing a 15 day goal since late October/November - where the final prize was the "Spooky Adventure"

Naya2017
02-07-20, 03:18 PM
I don't have a problem with 15 days. I often run out of time, but that's only for goals where I didn't care for the goal prizes and simply wanted to unlocked all recipes. The trick is to be proactive in inviting new neighbours and discarding inactives, that way between the 20 goal part requests they can fulfill, and the goal parts that drop from baking, you can rack up 4-5 of each oven with about 2-3 days to spare.Completing the main and side goals is admittedly much harder, but with the way S8 is handling their designs, I rarely experience goals where I feel pressed to do both.

TwixAndScones
02-07-20, 03:47 PM
The thing is (if this is in response to me) - I do have active players to depend on (such as my 20 decoy bakeries where the all requests go through) and I accept all requests within that day - but still cannot seem finish in time regardless of how I approach it.

I'm probably just lacking s**** in completing, because neighbours aren't a problem, at least in my case.

However, I do see what you mean, as when I've finished the 2 goals in October/very early November, I believe I had 3 (or so) days remaining.

But since, I haven't had luck completing goals.
I'm not sure if the motive isn't or wasn't as high as it was during Halloween to complete said goals, compared to now.

But in my case (on BS) luckily neighbours aren't or will ever be a problem, and so the problem is me, however I do wish for more days, regardless of what the actual problem is.

ladybugrentals
02-07-20, 04:43 PM
I do not think it is the length of goal. But the extreme difficulty in obtaining so many parts. Many time the drops doesn't happen and if you do not have many active/giving players it makes it hard. I have had difficulty, I work as many do. I cannot tell a patient to wait while I bake to reach my goal 😀. I just started attempting side goals....a tad more simple. Many thanks

KadeeDid
02-07-20, 05:15 PM
I used to be able to complete all the goals and recipes. Now, I have been unable to complete the goal to get the final recipe. I find that I can complete enough of the food for a goal and more but will not have the 3 ovens complete so have to wait for that.

I have a family member who requires transportation to medical appointments. Often I am on the road for 6 hours. (2 hours plus another hour to hospital, waiting in hospital with no access to my iPad, an hour to their home and 2 hours to my home). The length of medical procedures will be increasing. I have do volunteer work on my days off.

The side goals are easy to complete before I even get the required number of the first oven. I find that I have loyal neighbours who gift daily and respond to requests. Many of those are still requiring parts for the first oven at the end of the event. Other neighbours have disappeared due to the changes with the need to get parts from neighbours.

KadeeDid
02-07-20, 05:21 PM
Now this is probably an unpopular opinion.

But the saddest part for me,
Is that the 5 day goals are easier to complete than the 15 day goals. "

I agree. I find the 5 day goals much easier and have no trouble with the side goals. Needing such huge numbers of parts and not usually no basic parts is the issue. Also the goal required no 3 ovens before you can progress. I have all the food required for the goal but am still trying to get the oven built.

pixiecorpse11
04-09-20, 01:23 AM
Account suspended
Will I still be able to get my account back after being suspended? Made a report about an accidental purchase but they suspended the acct right away. I just ignored the purchase and just informed support that the activity was just an error. Can somebody pls help me. I can't access my acct anymore. I miss playing restaurant and bakery story.

nileswifeyy
05-02-20, 07:36 PM
I like the longer goals I need more time to complete them because the ovens need so many parts.

VampireBlade1
05-06-20, 07:48 AM
I wish the 5 day ones were 6 day maybe or had less of the long recipes needed. I usually do finish them fine but only if I?m on often to get the short recipes done. I love how the tasks are posted here so I can start the long ones for the next parts while waiting for the long ones of current parts but I missed one day and ended up getting all messed up so I didn?t finish

11trex35
05-22-20, 06:38 AM
I have a job and I love this game, but it doesn't keep in mind those of us who work, or even sleep for that matter. most time I never reach the goals because food has spoiled and have to start over. Its also hard to sometimes get pieces from neighbors because some of them may or may not still play. There should be something where as you can cook something for parts or some new updates.

elvinamae16
05-22-20, 10:10 AM
It should be longer than 15 days cause in my case, I'm progressing a little slower so I can't complete the goal in time specially when it has to do with ovens cause you have to reach a certain number of level before you can purchase another oven.

Daengel
05-22-20, 04:25 PM
Instead of asking for additional days/longer period for goals, I'd rather ask for less parts required to build appliances (esp. second ones of 15 days goal). 40-32, that's just too many for us. About 20 gifts and 20 request max perday/reset, it took me 2 days at least if I got lucky. The collectibles didn't really help with that, in my case.
Also the amount of servings required for them, 24-23-24, that's not easy for us to fulfill. With 3 ovens, 23 servings of 7 hours food required at least 3 days, since I won't always be there to take it out as soon as it's done.
I got lucky and blessed with active neighbors so I almost always finished goals on time. But if I want to have some "days off", I'd have to finish the goals involving 1st appliances in like 3 days at least and finished building 3 of the 1st appliances in 1-2 days (2 resets?) and start to collect 2nd appliances parts as soon as possible.
That's one of my strategy, I think. Once I'm done building all 3 of the 1st appliances, I'd only accept 2nd appliances parts as gift also that's where the collectibles go. I would bake anything with the 1st appliances to get more collectible parts, enough to build another 2nd appliances to finish the goal sooner (24 servings of 10hrs recipe required at least 80hrs/4 days if you only have 3 appliances, smh).
So maybe like 30-22 pieces for 2nd appliances?? and definitely lower amount of servings required for foods involved in 2nd appliances :(

5aprils
05-25-20, 01:09 PM
I vote for 30 days for the goal timer. It is really hard to complete them in 15 days especially when some of the cook times have been 12-16 hours

msmorg
05-25-20, 02:26 PM
Longer to allow to complete without playing all day long. If you are just going to add more requirements to the goals then don?t bother extending the time period. Players should be able to complete the goals if they play at least once per day without stress! Alternatively don?t require collection from anything longer than 4 hours and no ?random? drops on any required item. If you have to wait fir a drop more than an hour it should be a sure thing that you get that drop.

jo_fitz
06-07-20, 04:21 AM
I think the timer is fine. However I wish S8 would be more mindful. It takes so many parts to build these stoves. It?s also hard to have an 8 hour recipe for a gem stove with a 5 day goal.

sandyscafe1
06-10-20, 12:31 PM
Must agree with you Jo. I wasnt able to finish that last gem stove goal....not enough time with the 8 hour recipe. I was a bit disappointed, I always finish.....

rwbflicka
06-14-20, 07:39 PM
I vote for longer goals. There are people on this game who have studying, school, work, etc. These people do not have enough time to play and complete goals. (I myself am one of them. College and a job) I think they also need to lower the parts requirements. We can technically only get 40 parts a day so we can build the 1st ovens in 3 days, but the 2nd ovens take 2 days to build just one. I personally find that I have to build 5 of each goal oven just to reach the plate requirements! I'd love to see the goals become longer like they were before! :)

C4ST13L
07-15-20, 02:04 PM
Personally, I think the 15 day goals are fine. I'm always able to finish the main and side goals several days early. I do think the parts requirements are kind of high though. I don't think goal ovens required anywhere near as many parts when I started playing (6ish years ago). I would also love to see older parts being reused instead of every goal oven requiring 2 newly released parts. There are so many cool looking old parts that fit the themes of newer goal ovens.

I do wish the 5 day goals were a little longer though, especially if they're going to continue to use gem ovens. There's just so much to do in 5 days, especially for someone who only has one or two ovens. If I start working on the goal even a little bit late or if don't look ahead at the recipe cards on the forums so I can start the long oven and drink mixer recipes early, then I don't finish the goal in time. I think it would be great if these were 7 days instead of 5 days or if the number of things to bake and length of recipes were decreased.

Yuriyeon
08-19-20, 02:36 AM
I just find the goals are getting boring with the same formula and time limit for every dish. It is getting a bit dull even they keep having new themes.

RatatatBakery
08-19-20, 05:16 AM
I just find the goals are getting boring with the same formula and time limit for every dish. It is getting a bit dull even they keep having new themes.

I agree. I wish the recipe times were different. We have so many 2,3,7, and 10 hour foods. I would love to see different recipes that take longer to cook. This would of course mean goals would have to be structured differently to accommodate.

Bakerling
08-19-20, 07:43 AM
I think 15 days is just nice. I always completed goal within 5 days and the goal deadline still left 10 days. During this 10 days before goal ends I can relax and continue to collect the goal parts that my neighbours gift me. I store the goal parts for storage.

X4a2
08-19-20, 06:49 PM
This last 5 day goal timer was way too short. I started within 24 hours but
technically on day two of the timer. I needed another, say, 18 hours to complete. They cannot make step four have four dishes that each take 8-16 hours and requiring lots of each. It's just not manageable. There is huge variation because other 5 day goals, I have completed in 2 ? days. They need to be much more mindful of making step 4 achievable consistently not just occasionally.

my607
09-02-20, 02:17 PM
I think longer because there’s unexpected things that happen in life that we don’t have control over. For example, family emergency someone gets sick in family, hurricanes and etc. it would be nice if 5 day goals weren’t so time consuming recipes are usually 8 hours if not longer. They are also expensive and not every player has a lot of money to complete the goals. I would like it in one month have one 15 day goal and one 5day goal. It’s usually sometimes two 15 day goal and one 5 day goal. I like to relax while playing it’s a game and we all have life that needs to be taken care of.

MrKeepSmiling
09-02-20, 09:28 PM
why the September 2020 goal is late? give me gems guys thanks :)

AnnirasSweets
09-02-20, 10:31 PM
why the September 2020 goal is late? give me gems guys thanks :)

The goal isn't late, it's not expected to start until 7pm UTC. If you're unsure of when a goal is expected, you can always refer to the Speculation Goal Calendar (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98762-Bakery-Story-Speculate-on-Upcoming-Updates-amp-Goals/page107&p=1620910#post1620910). Or you could check in the Speculation Thread (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98762-Bakery-Story-Speculate-on-Upcoming-Updates-amp-Goals/page112) where any discussion of future updates/events/goals is likely to be found.

As far as gems go.... neighbors and friends cannot gift gems in this game, it is all on the individual player. If you're new to the game, I recommend looking through the Game Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840) - it has a lot of useful information and tips including how to earn more gems (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840-Bakery-Story-Game-Guide&p=1413132&viewfull=1#post1413132).

Any other questions should be posted in the Bakery Story Help Me thread (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98676). Hope this helps:)

MrKeepSmiling
09-02-20, 10:38 PM
where we can get free gems here in bakery story guys? thanks for your answers and add me as your neighbor :)

MrKeepSmiling
09-02-20, 10:50 PM
add more games to download and play in our bakery story goal list to get us free gems Storm8, thanks for your response :)

minanamisakura
12-03-20, 12:09 AM
please we need more time, please

molly475
12-11-20, 07:22 AM
Yes I agree I would also like to have longer timeline goal for 30 days. I can?t finish the goal in 15 days its too short, I can?t build any ovens in 1 day, it takes 2 days to build 1 oven. I m struggling too

molly475
12-11-20, 07:33 AM
Yes the goal should be more longer like before for 30 days, most people are struggling and can?t finish the goal on time.

therainbowscafe
04-27-21, 07:45 AM
Personally I think 15 days are just fine, but the fact is that we need an endless amount of new parts for the ovens, especially for the 2nd oven, 72 new parts just to build 1 oven and if we add the amount of parts of the 1st oven it end up to 108 new parts.

Babydoll29941
04-29-21, 05:23 AM
I think we need more time .especially around holidays as some spend it with family and loose a few days .

TwixAndScones
06-01-21, 02:07 AM
I think the biggest key is actually having decent (and reliable) neighbours when it comes time to a goal.

I cannot personally speak on the aspect of needing more days for the 14 day goals, as I haven't done a goal for at least a year and my life has got quite the more busy and filled since, and I also did leave the game for almost a year. Though when I did goals with the semi new-ish goal format last year, I was able to complete with 3-4 days remaining.

I used to hate the new-ish goal format that was introduced 2+ years ago, but I've grown to slightly like it and think it's challenging, but rewarding at the same time. The amount of tools needed I thought was atrocious at first, but again, reliable and dependable neighbours (I personally think) play a part in that.

Now the 5 day goals, I do think it would be nice if it was extended to a week - 7 days. If you have a busy schedule or start late you may miss quite a chunk and struggle with completion.

I think the only thing I don't really like all that much is the duration time of the 2nd cooker machine recipes. I haven't grown to like them still. Which personally adds stress up by 40% for me in completing the goal.

Either way, this is my whole opinion and thoughts on this. Everyone has different views and thoughts with the duration of the goal and on other things. I like hearing other perspectives on it, but I don't think one aspect is more important to discuss more of over the other.

"Instead of asking for additional days/longer period for goals, I'd rather ask for less parts required to build appliances"

dehbaker
08-03-21, 03:11 PM
I think it takes too long to build the required appliances, not enough time to finish 1 goal before another one starts, enough with all the fountains and if the gift/reward is holiday related then have the goal start AND finish BEFORE that holiday has come and gone. We aren't going to decorate for a holiday that has passed.

Pambaxter
08-03-21, 11:18 PM
SO MUCH TO SAY! First of all, it should NOT require 72 parts to build the 2nd goal ovens.. that is so absurd! Also, please stop giving us only fountains for prizes, please! Secondly, can you PLEASE provide a search bar in the gift menu so we don't have to click 100+ times to gift basic parts or food? Also, we should have the ability to turn on/off gift receiving so that we can do that while waiting for goals to drop. I know we all have neighbors who refuse to wait until goal drop to gift no matter how many times you ask/remind them to wait, and once you start declining gifts, yes, you are able to receive more, but you certainly do not get all 20 of the gifts that you would have gotten had you not declined anything. For example, today I declined all 20 of my pending gifts right when the goal dropped. My neighbors were able to send more, however, I was able to receive/accept only 11 gifts before they maxed out. So I lost 9 gifts today, that is frustrating. There are so many ways you could improve this game but I already typed a short story here, so I will stop with the few suggestions I gave. I hope you consider them.

☆☆☆Daily 4 star players, like myself, feel free to add id: pambaxter☆☆☆

dehbaker
10-25-21, 04:39 PM
It DEFINITELY takes tooooo long to build all the appliances (with the gift limits) in the 15 day timeframe. Also the goals are TOO close together. You barely finish one before another one starts. Very frustrating....there needs to be at very least a full week between the goals.

NellielStorm
10-28-21, 02:36 PM
Longer. 15 days is so unreasonable. Not working right now and still couldn?t finish last goal. Imagine the kids and adults who have more active lifestyle. The ones in school. I?m the 5%. 90% have no chance! Ludicrous if you think 15 days is enough. Know design it to force gem buy but it?s still illogical. Speaks greedy. Say a month at least.

therainbowscafe
11-24-21, 10:13 PM
That?s just crazy! Why suddenly increase the amount of servings? It?s a game for fun not work! That?s nonsense! Please return to normal numbers!

coffeewithdessert
11-25-21, 07:47 PM
Bakery Story should either shorten the amount of parts required to build an oven - to maybe 8 to 12 units per part.

OR, (seriously!) make the days longer. Sure, the goals can be finished on time but that's only just barely. Some people may not be able to finish for various reasons - such as bad neighbours, health issues, work, etc.

Bakery Story should really takes these things into account and know that not everyone that play the game for 12+ hours straight.

Also, what's with increasing the number of dishes we have to make in order to finish the goal?! I mean, seriously? You're supposed to be making the game better not worse!

DawnLovesDD
11-26-21, 11:07 PM
15 days is plenty enough time to finish a goal. I actually finish in 10 days and gem out of all recipes in the 15 days. I don't want them to be longer because I like being able to get new things. I do wish the weekly themed sales would come back though. Mostly, I wish the creators would be more creative and knock off the fountains.

AlGutAr
11-29-21, 03:55 AM
I like the 15 days but the amount of parts and now serves per recipe are kinda insane xD Also I don't like the basically 2 goals per month. I prefer it to be just one so they can get u know... Creative x..X and also, we could have more time to build or cook what we want to within that time .... For me the side goal time is OK and as it unlocks after the first part it gimme time to do it without affecting my main goal progress.. But still since last goal something's not OK with the TF. Or they make less requirements or they should extend the timeframes.

AlGutAr
11-29-21, 03:56 AM
We need some changes here, either or

AlGutAr
11-29-21, 03:58 AM
Bakery Story should either shorten the amount of parts required to build an oven - to maybe 8 to 12 units per part.

OR, (seriously!) make the days longer. Sure, the goals can be finished on time but that's only just barely. Some people may not be able to finish for various reasons - such as bad neighbours, health issues, work, etc.

Bakery Story should really takes these things into account and know that not everyone that play the game for 12+ hours straight.

Also, what's with increasing the number of dishes we have to make in order to finish the goal?! I mean, seriously? You're supposed to be making the game better not worse!

Strongly agree here

kob678
11-29-21, 03:16 PM
A few weeks ago I returned to Bakery after taking a pretty long break bc I really missed the game. Basically I havent been playing since 2019 due to the lack of interest to the game. I scrolled through the forum to see what I've missed during my time away and found just a few goals that I really liked. I decided to start playing actively once again, but then I saw what are the goal prizes & the new goal requirements nowadays - and this is just frustrating...
I agree with everyone here, everything looks kinda the same now, brownish, from chairs/tabels to recipes & decos.
Looking back, I can tell the 2012-2017 was the golden era of Bakery Story. Someone has put it very well here on forum: now Im playing more for nostalgias sake. And thats very true.

Sb1957
11-29-21, 06:49 PM
Longer. 20 days

aubabes
11-29-21, 11:31 PM
the new game goal settings is no longer enjoyable since its very hard to complete the oven then the serving is 40??? hey whats up wd you guys😡

RaeanneMcKenna
11-30-21, 01:23 AM
At least 3 weeks. Or they can lessen the parts needed to build an oven or whatever. Just let people play the game relaxingly

Sb1957
12-04-21, 07:35 AM
At least 3 weeks. Or they can lessen the parts needed to build an oven or whatever. Just let people play the game relaxingly

Totally agree!!

Hannah396
12-05-21, 03:19 AM
I like the 15 days but the amount of parts and now serves per recipe are kinda insane xD Also I don't like the basically 2 goals per month. I prefer it to be just one so they can get u know... Creative x..X and also, we could have more time to build or cook what we want to within that time .... For me the side goal time is OK and as it unlocks after the first part it gimme time to do it without affecting my main goal progress.. But still since last goal something's not OK with the TF. Or they make less requirements or they should extend the timeframes.

I totally agree! What’s with the new insane amount of dishes to make? I used to be able to do the required number with three ovens that we have to get, but not now. I’m not a mathematician but I think it’s probably impossible to do now with 3 ovens. I know players with 5 ovens who had to use gems to skip parts and barely made it. That’s rather unfair to newer players. I didn’t make the last goal item and I won’t be able to make this one either. Making 40 10-hour dishes?? And the others have been raised significantly too. This is insane! If they want to require that many items then maybe they should just do one set of goals a month. Some players believe it’s to get us to buy more gems. They’re probably right. It’s not enjoyable anymore with these numbers.

Saphirmoon
12-07-21, 12:05 PM
Longer then 15 days. And 35.000 coins for one Stove?!Serve 25 plates of one meal?! Then repeat this 2 times again with other meals?!Those conditions are set way to high and impossible to finish im time.

weiweithecat
12-10-21, 09:24 PM
Yeah. 40-10 hours. I made a curse when seeing that. I alsready bought 5 ovens. How insanse. I skipped all the goals becos its so boring and not interesting at all. Except for goals i really want.

cios
12-13-21, 09:15 PM
15 day goals and the higher amount to bake, I?m building extra ovens to make it. NOT COOL. Needing to make it fun for all players. some of us have to work double shifts and makes it hard to play have lost a few neighbours cause it?s not fun anymore. Perhaps change it so there 21 days and have the option to do a side goal. Cost of ovens is one thing the parts getting them is another. Please make this a fun game . I know I have the option to play or not starting to re think this

Elkgoddess
12-14-21, 09:35 AM
Agreed! Goals have become impossible to finish. Am seriously considering deleting the game. I have been playing for years.

herba6955
12-16-21, 09:03 PM
The 15 day limit is to short since you've raised the number of dishes needed to complete the goals and the newer players don't stand a chance which isn't fair to them. So why should the newer players even wanna play.

happy38qiqi
12-16-21, 09:30 PM
I used to complete the task in the past.
So the period has been shorten without me realising XD
But it is not a big deal for me as long as i can unlock all recipe from the new oven

violetfarm105
12-17-21, 07:47 PM
The increased amount of dishes with the same amount of time is not feasible. The only reason I finished is because I had to buy double the amount of ovens & use gems. I won’t be doing that again. I can’t afford to spend gems to be able to complete every goal. Please rethink this increase in dishes. Not to mention it’s too much food. I have too many counters taking up precious space that I can’t decorate. I’ve lost several friends. Im may be leaving soon too.

aillt
12-26-21, 01:24 PM
I’m having the same problems as all the other people. I have been playing this game for years and this sudden ridiculous increase of dishes barely allows me to even unlock the 10 hours items before the goal ends. There’s 10 days left of the goal and I just unlocked the second oven. 30 dishes of the 2 hours is way too many.

BeachBum2723
12-29-21, 08:38 PM
The goals have become so absolutely ridiculous. I?m thinking the Storm8 makers are not thinking this through. Make the game pleasant and goals attainable so we stick around and watch their ads so they can make money or make them so unattainable and make no money at all because we all leave. Seems like a no brainer to me.