PDA

View Full Version : End of Summer Food Expo - 22 Sep 2017 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
09-22-17, 09:43 PM
End of Summer Food Expo! This is a 10 days cruise.

Come and celebrate the flavours of the summer! Earn Expo Tickets and redeem them for new recipes!

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38487

How To Play?
1. Complete each cruise day to earn Expo Tickets
2. Complete goals
3. Redeem the new recipes by using the respective Expo Tickets

Cruise Guide
Refer to Cruise Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide) for more information.

Cruise Day
This cruise uses Set C in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1343792&viewfull=1#post1343792
Keep checking here for further updates.
- On Day 2, we'll know if Set A is being used.
- On Day 8, we'll know if it's Set B or C.

Prizes
Once you have completed all 10 days, Ramon the Expo Host will visit your restaurant and drop you the elusive Diamond Expo Ticket for you to redeem the Mixed Berry Cobbler!

Note: Ramon the Expo Host is not a permanent visitor. He will be gone once you collect the Diamond Expo Ticket.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38488

Recipes
Unlock these recipes by redeeming them with your Expo Tickets. They are permanently yours once you have redeemed them within the limited time.

Nicoise Salad (Red Expo Ticket) - 3 tomatoes + 1 cream + 4 eggs + 1 steak (Diner Stove: 1hr)
Lettuce Wraps (Bronze Expo Ticket) - 2 tomatoes + 3 steaks + 2 cheese (Commercial Range: 1.5hr)
Sangria (Silver Expo Ticket) - 6 sugar (Celebration stove: 2.3hr)
Pasta Salad (Gold Expo Ticket) - 4 pasta + 3 tomatoes + 3 eggs (Diner Stove: 1hr)
Mixed Berry Cobbler (Diamond Expo Ticket) - 2 duck eggs + 1 turbinado sugar + 7 flour (Jubilee Oven: 18hr)

I just got more news on this from Storm8 - The Mixed Berry Cobbler has a chance to produce either Gems or Coins.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38614

Rynetory2
09-22-17, 09:43 PM
Goals

The End of Summer Food Expo has be***! Complete the Orders to earn Expo Redemption Tickets! If you complete the Expo, Ramon the Host will temporarity stop by to aware you the final Ticket!

Goal 1
Redeem the Red Expo Ticket! (Earn this from Day 2 of the End of Summer Food Expo!)
REWARD: Nicoise Salad

Goal 2
Serve Nicoise Salad x10
REWARD: 1,000 coins, 10 xps

Goal 3
Redeem the Bronze Expo Ticket! (Earn this from Day 4 of the End of Summer Food Expo!)
REWARD: 1,000 coins, Lettuce Wraps

Goal 4
Serve Lettuce Wraps x10

Goal 5
Redeem the Silver Expo Ticket! (Earn this from Day 6 of the End of Summer Food Expo!)
REWARD: 1,000 coins, Sangria

Goal 6
Serve Sangria x10

Goal 7
Redeem the Gold Expo Ticket! (Earn this from Day 8 of the End of Summer Food Expo!)
REWARD: 1,000 coins, Pasta Salad

Goal 8
Serve Pasta Salad x10

Goal 9
Redeem the Diamond Expo Ticket! (Earn this from Ramon! Once he gives you the ticket, he wont be back.)
REWARD: 1,000 coins, Mixed Berry Cobbler

Goal 9 is the last goal you need to complete in order to keep the last recipe permanently. :) Goal 10 gives you gold stamp(s?) and it's up to you to choose if you want to go for it.

Goal 10
Serve Mixed Berry Cobbler x10
REWARD: 1,000 coins, 3 Gold Stamps

pivolet
09-22-17, 09:47 PM
Can I say how much fun this event sounds? I'm pretty excited for it. Sucks there's no decor but the amount of recipes that are given makes it up 1000x.

Once we learn the new recipes, would they stay forever?

Rynetory2
09-22-17, 10:12 PM
I must say this expo is so interesting and I am so intrigued and excited about it!! :D I am so thrilled by the new stuffs as I was preparing the information posts above. The more I see the more excited I am!

Rynetory2
09-22-17, 10:15 PM

We'll need to complete the cruise and goals to get the Expo Tickets to unlock the respective new recipes. I should think we get to keep them. I'll try to find out more. :)

Carbuck
09-23-17, 02:10 AM
This sounds really good.

What time does each day begin and when does it autostart?

I'm trying to decide when to start because I have to travel during this timeframe.

Paul__
09-23-17, 06:40 AM
Finally some new content!

bobbyrae
09-23-17, 06:58 AM
And several new recipes too!

Rynetory2
09-23-17, 07:27 AM

The recipes are permanent once you redeem them within the time period. :)

I have updated Post 1 with more information provided by Storm8.

Rynetory2
09-23-17, 07:29 AM
What time does each day begin and when does it autostart?

Each cruise day begins at midnight California time. I'm checking on the autostart date. I think it may be the 4th day or so. Will post when I have the exact date. Safe travel and good luck with your cruise.

Carbuck
09-24-17, 10:32 AM
Each cruise day begins at midnight California time. I'm checking on the autostart date. I think it may be the 4th day or so. Will post when I have the exact date. Safe travel and good luck with your cruise.

I wasn't sure about the time since it popped up ready to go before 12am Cali time. Thanks.

Googogooo
09-24-17, 11:32 AM
What are matches in the pasta salad? Also I can't see the thumbnails? What am I doing wrong

lnztrekfan
09-24-17, 01:33 PM
What are matches in the pasta salad? Also I can't see the thumbnails? What am I doing wrong

They are pasta noodles. If you go to your cookbook and click All tab even if it says locked by goal you can still see what recipe calls for.

Rynetory2
09-24-17, 09:50 PM

Ops sorry it should be pasta found in General Store. :o My auto correct changed it. The enlarged photos in post 1 are the same photos in thumbnail. Please let me know if you can't see them.

Thanks lnztrekfan!

Shadiat
09-25-17, 01:14 AM
I hope the diamond recipe will earn gems always, and not alternate between gems and coins.

While new recipes are cool, many of us new players with a small cache of gems are motivated to participate in the events by the prospect of winning gem-earning recipes.

And please keep the cruises coming non stop. Thanks.

Googogooo
09-25-17, 07:55 AM
Oh thank you, I was confused and thought matches were a special ingredient I didn't have lol

Carbuck
09-26-17, 01:19 AM
I'm hoping also that the Mixed Berry Cobbler will be a gem producing recipe.

littledarc3
09-26-17, 11:40 PM
I'm unsure of how to redeem the second ticket. Do I have to complete the red ticket quest line first (gold stamp reward). It's not letting me redeem the next one...

Carbuck
09-27-17, 12:23 AM
I'm unsure of how to redeem the second ticket. Do I have to complete the red ticket quest line first (gold stamp reward). It's not letting me redeem the next one...

Yes. You have to make 10 Nicoise salads after you redeem the Red ticket. Then get the Bronze ticket from day 4 and redeem to unlock Lettuce Wraps. Then make 10 of them so that you can get to the next goal... etc.

littledarc3
09-27-17, 06:06 AM
Oooooh. Not cool. Good to know though. Thanks.

littledarc3
09-27-17, 06:09 AM
This is sort of like being forced to do extra work WHILE doing the quest. Lovely that the prize isn't really a prize since you have to work for it twice. Is the time limit to redeem these when the Cruise ends, or when the quest line that ends in the gold stamp ends? Thanks.

Carbuck
09-27-17, 04:00 PM
This is sort of like being forced to do extra work WHILE doing the quest. Lovely that the prize isn't really a prize since you have to work for it twice. Is the time limit to redeem these when the Cruise ends, or when the quest line that ends in the gold stamp ends? Thanks.

I hear you! I feel the same way..i.e...extra work and no choice to skip.

I'm not sure what the answer is to your question. I hope Rynetory2 can give the answer.

bobbyrae
09-27-17, 04:09 PM
I hope the time limit t complete the side goals doesn't coincide with the cruise's time limit! I'm having a [] of a time trying to get the lettuce wraps done. My cruise ship today just kept asking me for beef and sending me to cook on the commercial range. :-/

Carbuck
09-27-17, 08:40 PM
I hope the time limit t complete the side goals doesn't coincide with the cruise's time limit! I'm having a [] of a time trying to get the lettuce wraps done. My cruise ship today just kept asking me for beef and sending me to cook on the commercial range. :-/

I got a few of those too but kept refreshing. It appears we can't afford to let ourselves get behind in each goal phase. I've got 2 more wraps to make before I start stocking up on the ingredients for the next dish for the silver ticket. Going to need 60 sugars for the Sangria. Yikes!!!

I hope you are making good progress too!

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
09-28-17, 02:48 AM
I'm quite enjoying this cruise. It's something different for a change.
There's just a few things that make little sense to me though like the salad being cooked on the stove instead of the salad bar and the lettuce wraps not needing any lettuce whatsoever..

As for the time limit. Currently I have 5 days left to complete my cruise and 8 days to complete the side quest so after the cruise finishes I still have 3 days for the side quest. Therefore you can afford to fall behind a little. Just not too far.

A few things that help me is my main focus is on finishing the cruise day and whenever I have spare time I cook what's needed for the side quest.
Having lots of appliances really helps those side quests also. I have 3 diner stoves so those salads were easy. I also have 3 commercial range stoves so that usually leaves me with a spare stove I can use for side quests like this one. When my cruise day is finished I'll work on the side quest and I tend to use the spare appliance for the side quest also. Or if I know I'm working on several dishes which take a little longer to cook then I also use the opportunity to cook a side quest dish.

In the mean time I'm keeping an eye out on the ingredients needed in future as the recipes are listed in the beginning of this thread and stock up on the more tricky ingredients in advance like sugar for the sangria.

Rynetory2
09-28-17, 06:48 AM

You'll need to redeem using your Expo Tickets to get the recipes before the timer runs out.

Rynetory2
09-28-17, 06:57 AM
Going to need 60 sugars for the Sangria. Yikes!!!

In the mean time I'm keeping an eye out on the ingredients needed in future as the recipes are listed in the beginning of this thread and stock up on the more tricky ingredients in advance like sugar for the sangria.

Aye I agree. Cooking is easy but the tricky bit is to have 60 sugars. You really need to stock up ahead even with a fully expanded General Store.

09-28-17, 08:40 AM
Aye I agree. Cooking is easy but the tricky bit is to have 60 sugars. You really need to stock up ahead even with a fully expanded General Store.

Absolutely! and hope the cruise recipes don't gobble it all up. So far I've managed to stock up only 24 sugars and getting close to receiving the silver ticket.

SunUpSunDown
09-28-17, 09:02 AM
Sugar takes 2 hours to refill X 10 sangrias to cook = 20 hours. And that is if you have a fully stocked general store (6 sugars at each refill.)

Game limit for celebration stoves is 2. I don' t know how long for sangria to finish cooking.

The good news is, if we persist in keeping on schedule, we can have better than a day to cook the 10 items.

kooky panda
09-28-17, 10:41 AM
I don' t know how long for sangria to finish cooking.

2 1/2 hours

bobbyrae
09-28-17, 11:44 AM
I got a few of those too but kept refreshing. It appears we can't afford to let ourselves get behind in each goal phase. I've got 2 more wraps to make before I start stocking up on the ingredients for the next dish for the silver ticket. Going to need 60 sugars for the Sangria. Yikes!!!

I hope you are making good progress too!

Well heck!!! 60 sugars!!!

pixiegamer
09-28-17, 03:22 PM
I'm quite enjoying this cruise. It's something different for a change.
There's just a few things that make little sense to me though like the salad being cooked on the stove instead of the salad bar and the lettuce wraps not needing any lettuce whatsoever..

As for the time limit. Currently I have 5 days left to complete my cruise and 8 days to complete the side quest so after the cruise finishes I still have 3 days for the side quest. Therefore you can afford to fall behind a little. Just not too far.

A few things that help me is my main focus is on finishing the cruise day and whenever I have spare time I cook what's needed for the side quest.
Having lots of appliances really helps those side quests also. I have 3 diner stoves so those salads were easy. I also have 3 commercial range stoves so that usually leaves me with a spare stove I can use for side quests like this one. When my cruise day is finished I'll work on the side quest and I tend to use the spare appliance for the side quest also. Or if I know I'm working on several dishes which take a little longer to cook then I also use the opportunity to cook a side quest dish.

The salad stuck out to me too. I'm guessing the stovetop salad is to keep it accessible to players at lower levels. Didn't notice the lettuce-less lettuce wraps until you pointed it out though - lol! :rolleyes:

I am enjoying the change in cruise too :) I like getting more recipes, and I'm happy to get another one on my Celebration Stove as well (don't have too many recipes there). Better stock up my sugar for Sangria!

jjanous
09-28-17, 04:10 PM
Can anyone confirm that the mixed berry recipe is a gem producing recipe?

09-28-17, 04:39 PM
The salad stuck out to me too. I'm guessing the stovetop salad is to keep it accessible to players at lower levels. Didn't notice the lettuce-less lettuce wraps until you pointed it out though - lol! :rolleyes:

I am enjoying the change in cruise too :) I like getting more recipes, and I'm happy to get another one on my Celebration Stove as well (don't have too many recipes there). Better stock up my sugar for Sangria!

I'm guessing level accessibility is also the reason for the missing lettuce as well as the sangria needing only sugar and no fruits added to it.

I do like all these new recipes as prizes but could've done without the sangria on the celebration stove myself. First there's the sugar amount needed which is an issue. In between quests and events I'm working on mastering recipes quite a lot of those recipes which I have left need sugar because all too often loads of sugar is used in quests and events.
I don't really need another recipe on the celebration stove either. Thankfully it's not as overloaded as the jubilee oven but still quite a few recipes take a long time to cook with 5 or 6 hours like beef Wellington, baked Alaska and mini pumpkins and off course 2 of these need sugar also.

I have a couple thousand special items to cook lots of gem recipes with but can't use them because the appliances are overworked and loads of them need sugar.

bobbyrae
09-28-17, 05:44 PM
That sangria recipe though. Six sugars! I can feel my teeth cringing in horror!

jjanous
09-29-17, 01:40 AM
Question if you purchase the more orders slot to cook more recipes during the cruise, does it continue for the next cruise?

09-29-17, 03:16 AM
That sangria recipe though. Six sugars! I can feel my teeth cringing in horror!

Haha!
Maybe I should put up a sign that I'm not responsible for any dental issues due to drinking the sangria I'm serving. :p

09-29-17, 03:22 AM
Question if you purchase the more orders slot to cook more recipes during the cruise, does it continue for the next cruise?

No, it only stays for the duration of that particular cruise.
I usually do buy the extra order slot at one point as it makes especially the last days a lot easier. It depends on the price though as to when I buy the order slot.
For some odd reason the price seems to vary. Some cruises start off with a price of 75 gems to buy it and other cruises start with a price of 200 gems to buy it but usually drops to 100 later on in the cruise. I usually buy it after it drops to 100.

Carbuck
09-29-17, 05:11 AM
haha!
Maybe i should put up a sign that i'm not responsible for any dental issues due to drinking the sangria i'm serving. :p

lol!!

Rynetory2
09-29-17, 07:55 AM
This cruise uses Set C in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1343792&viewfull=1#post1343792

Added cooking times for recipes in Post 1.

Rynetory2
09-29-17, 08:33 AM

The cruise picture shows gems and coins next to it. I believe it gives gems. But perhaps randomly?

Rynetory2
09-29-17, 08:36 AM
Boy I am so relieved to complete the 10 Sangria goal! Phew! The rest of the goals are smooth sailing. :)

Good luck to everyone! Keep stocking sugars.

mskazmataz
09-29-17, 09:11 AM
The cruise picture shows gems and coins next to it. I believe it gives gems. But perhaps randomly?

So, I used a lot of gems to get to the end of this as I was very excited too. The berry cobbler is not a gem producing recipe and it takes 18 HOURS to make and you've to make 10 of them!!!!

So I don't know how anyone doing this cruise on a day by day basis will manage this....madness!!!

mskazmataz
09-29-17, 09:14 AM

It's not and it takes 18 hours to make!!! And you've to bake 10 of them to complete the challenge!!!

Rynetory2
09-29-17, 09:26 AM
What did it give you when you served it? Any coins?

I expected the x10 but didn't know it took 18hrs to cook. I regretted started the Cruise early because of the sugar for sangria but now that you mentioned it, I was glad to start early.

mskazmataz
09-29-17, 09:30 AM
Coins, a 1000, I think.

Rynetory2
09-29-17, 09:40 AM
Coins, a 1000, I think.

How do you know it is not a gem producing recipe? Maybe it gives gems randomly?

Thanks for the info of 18hrs, I've added to Post 1.

Rynetory2
09-29-17, 09:47 AM
To serve 10 Mixed Berry Cobblers, you need 18x10=180 hrs.

Assuming you cook non stop,
If you have 1 Jubilee Oven, it takes 7.5 days.
If you have 2 Jubilee Ovens, it takes 3.75 days.

Rynetory2
09-29-17, 09:50 AM
It's not and it takes 18 hours to make!!! And you've to bake 10 of them to complete the challenge!!!

Just to confirm, it's 18hours to make 1 serving? Or total of 18hrs for all 10 servings?

bobbyrae
09-29-17, 09:55 AM
To serve 10 Mixed Berry Cobblers, you need 18x10=180 hrs.

Assuming you cook non stop,
If you have 1 Jubilee Oven, it takes 7.5 days.
If you have 2 Jubilee Ovens, it takes 3.75 days.

Well I only have one oven so I guess I should just quit now. Smh. Craziness.

mskazmataz
09-29-17, 10:08 AM
Just to confirm, it's 18hours to make 1 serving? Or total of 18hrs for all 10 servings?

1 serving = 18 hours!!

Second bake, just 17 hours to go..... :(

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38555

09-29-17, 01:34 PM
:eek:
What the duck eggs :eek::eek:

18 hours to cook that thing on the jubilee oven ?!?!

Have they lost all their marbles at once when they came up with this one ? :(

Well that just ruined the entire cruise for me. No way can I finish the side quest and besides an 18 hour recipe on a terribly over used oven is just nutcrackers. I was really enjoying this cruise and liked the new idea and this set up thus far but this is a huge anti climax.

Rynetory2
09-29-17, 09:59 PM
1 serving = 18 hours!!

Thanks for your help. :)

Rynetory2
09-29-17, 10:04 PM
Well I only have one oven so I guess I should just quit now. Smh. Craziness.

Dont give up... just continue with your cruise and unlock the Mixed Berry Cobbler. At least try to get the recipe even if you may not be able to serve x10 in time. :) Good luck to you!

Rynetory2
09-29-17, 10:06 PM

I just got more news on this from Storm8 - The Mixed Berry Cobbler has a chance to produce either Gems or Coins.

tuffyjkitten
09-29-17, 11:44 PM
Missed the start of this but am caught up now, about halfway thru today's goal. I splurged on the extra space so I can work on 4 recipes at a time instead of 3. That helped me catch up. I think its an interesting idea for a cruise and I like it.

BonnieBobbles
09-30-17, 01:01 AM
Dont give up... just continue with your cruise and unlock the Mixed Berry Cobbler. At least try to get the recipe even if you may not be able to serve x10 in time. :) Good luck to you!

I was under the impression to get the gem/coin mixed berry cobbler you would have to finish the goal of serving x10 which by the way is absolute cobblers because even with 2 jubilee ovens with only 3 days to complete I cannot see how that is possible when it takes 3.75 days without using gems or helping hands.. cannot understand for the life of me where Storm8 are coming from.. obviously not the same planet as me!

09-30-17, 03:53 AM
I was under the impression to get the gem/coin mixed berry cobbler you would have to finish the goal of serving x10 which by the way is absolute cobblers because even with 2 jubilee ovens with only 3 days to complete I cannot see how that is possible when it takes 3.75 days without using gems or helping hands.. cannot understand for the life of me where Storm8 are coming from.. obviously not the same planet as me!

No, you dont have to serve the cobbler 10x to keep the recipe.

In order to unlock the mixed berry cobbler you need to finish the cruise and then Ramon will visit your restaurant once and you can collect a diamond (blue) expo ticket. Then you need to redeem the blue expo ticket in step 9 of the side quest before the timer runs out. This will unlock the cobbler and at that point the recipe is yours to keep. Serving the cobbler 10 times will only reward you some or a gold stamp at the end.
Obviously you do need to serve all the other expo ticket recipes 10x in order to reach step 9 so can redeem that diamond ticket.

I will finish the cruise and unlock the recipe. No idea if I can manage to serve it 10 times to get the gold stamps and at this point I don't care much if I do or not. An 18 hour recipe on the jubilee over is just absurd. I already have 26 recipes on the jubilee oven with no chance whatsoever to keep up with cooking all these. I wish at higher levels we were able to move some of these recipes to other appliances we have available.

mskazmataz
09-30-17, 04:43 AM
no problem, started bake no.3 :D

littledarc3
09-30-17, 06:31 AM
With the cobbler being impossible to do without using gems or helping hands why even bother giving the last prize? Seems unfair to expect your player base to all pay to play with the cook time of 18 hours. You should extent the ticket event a few days to make it playable for everyone, not just those who spend money. We finish the quest and get the "prize" ticket, but then have to work to get it again? Not a fan of this new cruise type if this is what all the future cruises will be like.

bobbyrae
09-30-17, 06:39 AM
No, you dont have to serve the cobbler 10x to keep the recipe.

In order to unlock the mixed berry cobbler you need to finish the cruise and then Ramon will visit your restaurant once and you can collect a diamond (blue) expo ticket. Then you need to redeem the blue expo ticket in step 9 of the side quest before the timer runs out. This will unlock the cobbler and at that point the recipe is yours to keep. Serving the cobbler 10 times will only reward you some or a gold stamp at the end.
Obviously you do need to serve all the other expo ticket recipes 10x in order to reach step 9 so can redeem that diamond ticket.

I will finish the cruise and unlock the recipe. No idea if I can manage to serve it 10 times to get the gold stamps and at this point I don't care much if I do or not. An 18 hour recipe on the jubilee over is just absurd. I already have 26 recipes on the jubilee oven with no chance whatsoever to keep up with cooking all these. I wish at higher levels we were able to move some of these recipes to other appliances we have available.

Yup. I'm doing the same pretty much. Get the recipe and leave it at that. Not sure when it will ever get cooked. Maybe when I master everything else and have nothing else to do. For 18 hours it should be a guaranteed gem drop though. 18 hours for coins or gems!!! Smh. 18 hours.

bobbyrae
09-30-17, 06:41 AM
With the cobbler being impossible to do without using gems or helping hands why even bother giving the last prize? Seems unfair to expect your player base to all pay to play with the cook time of 18 hours. You should extent the ticket event a few days to make it playable for everyone, not just those who spend money. We finish the quest and get the "prize" ticket, but then have to work to get it again? Not a fan of this new cruise type if this is what all the future cruises will be like.

The prize should be some huge gem thing like a bag of gems or some decor that costs an arm and a leg in gems. Because anybody using gems to speed up to complete the goal in time would have used quite a bit of gems for...some gold ticket? -.-

Rynetory2
09-30-17, 09:21 AM

Goal 9 is the last goal you need to complete in order to keep the last recipe permanently. :) Goal 10 gives you gold stamp(s?) and it's up to you to choose if you want to go for it.

Carbuck
09-30-17, 03:45 PM
:eek:
What the duck eggs :eek::eek:

18 hours to cook that thing on the jubilee oven ?!?!

Have they lost all their marbles at once when they came up with this one ? :(

Well that just ruined the entire cruise for me. No way can I finish the side quest and besides an 18 hour recipe on a terribly over used oven is just nutcrackers. I was really enjoying this cruise and liked the new idea and this set up thus far but this is a huge anti climax.

Ditto! That?s definitely deflating since it was so enjoyable until this bombshell.

bobbyrae
09-30-17, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the motivation, but the thing is...it's an 18hour recipe that has a chance (not guaranteed either way) to drop gems or coins. Unless this bad boy drops a bag of gems when it does drop gems, who's going to cook it at all? It's 18 hours!

Rainstorms45
09-30-17, 04:08 PM
Just finished day 8 on my cruise have Pasta Salads cooking away now.... this one is going smoothly so far and very enjoyable, not sure about cooking the last recipe for the goal.. don't think I will make that one.... but other then that I noticed to keep onion rings in constant cook lol goes a lot quicker. Used to beef beef sandwiches but now it's those they always want...im all set for day 9 to start with strawberries (Need 3 more will have when I start tomorrow) sugar lattes (cooking now) and that 50,000 dessert one got half the order done just waiting til tomorrow to click the other half... hardest part for me is not to click them when they are done.....

09-30-17, 04:20 PM
Yup. I'm doing the same pretty much. Get the recipe and leave it at that. Not sure when it will ever get cooked. Maybe when I master everything else and have nothing else to do. For 18 hours it should be a guaranteed gem drop though. 18 hours for coins or gems!!! Smh. 18 hours.

That's definitely how I'm treating this one as well. I'll unlock it just to have it.

As for coins I'm in desperate need of coins because I only have 28.5 million :rolleyes:
But yes for the 18 hours it should drop at least 20 gems each time you cook it because I have tons of stuff to make gems with which cooks much shorter.

There will be days I actually might cook it in the future. I'll be going on vacation soon and have pretty long travel days so I might cook it on those days to get some cooks done towards a mastery star.

At this point I wish they'd make a 3rd a 4th Jubilee oven available for the higher levels and wouldn't even care if they cost 5 million coins each. I'd buy them instantly without blinking.

BonnieBobbles
10-01-17, 01:54 AM

Thank you..

Carbuck
10-01-17, 02:16 AM
While I appreciate the assurance that we keep the recipes after Day 9. It still gives a feeling of incompleteness when we can’t finish the last goal of cooking the Cobbler because of an 18 hour cook time in the end. An 18 hr cook time is a guarantee of failure not a chance to succeed without spending loads of gems and using quick serves.

I hope there is a survey for this one.

Rynetory2
10-01-17, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the motivation, but the thing is...it's an 18hour recipe that has a chance (not guaranteed either way) to drop gems or coins. Unless this bad boy drops a bag of gems when it does drop gems, who's going to cook it at all? It's 18 hours!

I understand how you feel... I just saw that it only gives 10 servings on top of the randomness of coins/gems and long cooking hours, though it earns 800 coins. Like you, I wont be cooking it at all, not even for the last goal to get 3 gold stamps. I decided 20 bronze stamps + 10 silver stamps in exchange for 3 gold stamps is not much of a motivation for me...

Rynetory2
10-01-17, 07:06 AM
While I appreciate the assurance that we keep the recipes after Day 9. It still gives a feeling of incompleteness when we can’t finish the last goal of cooking the Cobbler because of an 18 hour cook time in the end. An 18 hr cook time is a guarantee of failure not a chance to succeed without spending loads of gems and using quick serves.

I hope there is a survey for this one.

Yes I'm setting one right now. I'll add in some options on the goals as requested.

Rynetory2
10-01-17, 07:18 AM
1. Did you enjoy this cruise?
2. Did you enjoy these goals?
3. Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Rynetory2
10-01-17, 07:33 AM
I was very excited to see this new cruise style. I enjoyed this cruise and goals until the revelation of the Mixed Berry Cobbler. I like all the new recipes but I didnt like the Mixed Berry Cobbler at all. I didn't mind so much the expensive ingredients (2 bronze + 1 silver stamps) nor the long 18 hours of cooking. The fact that it does not guarantee gem like past cruise recipes made it unworthy to be the grand prize of the cruise therefore seemed not worth doing the cruise. 3 stamps for a random drop of gem is bit too steep. I dont need coins - maybe I would like it if I needed coins. I completed my cruise but my restaurant will not be serving this recipe. This is a very nice new idea, sorry that the last prize is an anti climax. :(

10-01-17, 11:24 AM
I was very excited to see this new cruise style. I enjoyed this cruise and goals until the revelation of the Mixed Berry Cobbler. I like all the new recipes but I didnt like the Mixed Berry Cobbler at all. I didn't mind so much the expensive ingredients (2 bronze + 1 silver stamps) nor the long 18 hours of cooking. The fact that it does not guarantee gem like past cruise recipes made it unworthy to be the grand prize of the cruise therefore seemed not worth doing the cruise. 3 stamps for a random drop of gem is bit too steep. I dont need coins - maybe I would like it if I needed coins. I completed my cruise but my restaurant will not be serving this recipe. This is a very nice new idea, sorry that the last prize is an anti climax. :(

That's pretty close to how I feel as well. Although I also don't like the 18 hour cook time. I wouldn't even mind the trade off of so many bronze and silver stamps to get the 3 gold ones. I have all my bronze and silver stamp recipes mastered anyway. However I can always use butter especially with that crepe recipe from the other cruise we did a little while ago. I just wish it was reasonable to finish :(

Even if you need coins then the 800 extra coins for a recipe to cook 18 hours isn't worth it at all. I can't keep up with cooking gem recipes on that oven as is and in the time frame of 18 hours I can cook lots of 1 or 3 hour gem recipes which will all earn at least 800 coins and some even as much as 1800.
None of the math behind that cobbler recipe makes sense and isn't worth it at all.

bobbyrae
10-01-17, 01:36 PM

Even if you need coins then the 800 extra coins for a recipe to cook 18 hours isn't worth it at all. I can't keep up with cooking gem recipes on that oven as is and in the time frame of 18 hours I can cook lots of 1 or 3 hour gem recipes which will all earn at least 800 coins and some even as much as 1800.
None of the math behind that cobbler recipe makes sense and isn't worth it at all.

I was thinking the same thing. I could earn about 18 gems in the 18 hour time period it would take me to cook the one berry cobbler. So unless it's dropping about 18-20 gems per cook then it's just not worth tying up that machine with that one recipe.

pivolet
10-01-17, 01:52 PM
I was so shocked to see the 18hr timer. I?ll be using mastery spices to master the cobbler and never touching it ever again. Still not as bad as the five spice chicken but at least that guarantees a gem. :-(

The hours on the cobbler is too much and since it?s on the celebration stove, it will reduce the amount of gems I usually make per day.
Can?t see myself using this recipe but Im sure there are some others that are happy with it. Either way, I enjoyed this cruise. I love the salads but it is weird that it?s on a stove.

cosmolife
10-01-17, 02:01 PM
I know this has been said in previous comments, but I'm nervous and would like to confirm if I've read it correctly.

The last step, cooking the cobbler, 18 hrs cook time, cook it 10 times... this step can be ignored?

Thanks in advance :)

rembetiko
10-01-17, 04:10 PM
I would rather like ramon to drop 2000 gems instead of the diamond ticket (worth 2000 gems).

10-01-17, 04:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I could earn about 18 gems in the 18 hour time period it would take me to cook the one berry cobbler. So unless it's dropping about 18-20 gems per cook then it's just not worth tying up that machine with that one recipe.
Yes exactly! Reward wise -gems or coins - this recipe makes no sense whatsoever.

I was so shocked to see the 18hr timer. I?ll be using mastery spices to master the cobbler and never touching it ever again. Still not as bad as the five spice chicken but at least that guarantees a gem. :-(

The hours on the cobbler is too much and since it?s on the celebration stove, it will reduce the amount of gems I usually make per day.
Can?t see myself using this recipe but Im sure there are some others that are happy with it. Either way, I enjoyed this cruise. I love the salads but it is weird that it?s on a stove.
At least the 5 spice chicken is the only recipe on that (overpriced) stove so it doesn't compete with other recipes and therefore the 24 hours isn't actually that bad for it. It would be nice if we could actually cook the jubilee oven recipes on that stove as well.

Lol on those salads. I found that one odd myself too not to mention the lettuce wraps not needing any lettuce to cook them. But as someone mentioned it was probably done so it's accessible to lower levels to participate. I really enjoyed the cruise at first and loved the cruise + goal idea. It's just the execution of it all was horribly done.

I know this has been said in previous comments, but I'm nervous and would like to confirm if I've read it correctly.

The last step, cooking the cobbler, 18 hrs cook time, cook it 10 times... this step can be ignored?

Thanks in advance :)
That's correct. You will miss out on the gold stamps reward if you do not finish that part but as long as you redeem the diamond expo ticket in step 9 of the goal the cobbler recipe is yours to keep as was kindly confirmed by Rynetory2 earlier in this thread.

cosmolife
10-01-17, 05:39 PM
That's correct. You will miss out on the gold stamps reward if you do not finish that part but as long as you redeem the diamond expo ticket in step 9 of the goal the cobbler recipe is yours to keep as was kindly confirmed by Rynetory2 earlier in this thread.

Thank you! I was confused because my goal says 9/10. But when I open it, it says to cook the cobbler 10 times, which is step 10.

I wasn't sure if I'm now on step 9 or 10.

Shouldn't my goal say 10/10? Soooo confusing!

bobbyrae
10-01-17, 06:33 PM
Thank you! I was confused because my goal says 9/10. But when I open it, it says to cook the cobbler 10 times, which is step 10.

10/10 would come after you cook the cobbler ten times and get the gold tickets, 3 gold tickets I think was said somewhere? After you cook the cobbler then the goal would be finished. The cruise finishes with the diamond ticket.

MysticOrchid
10-01-17, 07:17 PM
I like how we got more than 1 recipe. I've mastered them all besides the cobbler. Can only imagine how long that'll take to complete...

Rynetory2
10-01-17, 10:03 PM

The counter can be a bit confusing. It counts the goals completed, it doesn't count the one which you're in progress of. While you're doing Goal 1, it shows 0/10. Hope this clarifies.

BonnieBobbles
10-01-17, 11:25 PM

I went for it and cooked the cobbler.. just finished 2 and neither dropped gems.. each gave 1,000 coins.. soooooooo not worth cooking 18 hours on an already overflowing oven with recipes.. I feel sorry for those who will have started this cruise and only have one jubilee oven as there is no way on earth they will be able to finish the last goal of cooking 10 times this recipe for the gold stamps they will be needing in the time frame given.. unless they use gems.. very very disappointed.. come on Storm8 get your act together and start using logic for heavens sake!!

Shadiat
10-02-17, 02:06 AM
This has turned out to be a very disappointing cruise Storm 8. Please go back to the way cruises used to be, with a gem producing recipe (that can be cooked in a short time) as the final prize.

So unfair. Would have to delete this game if it happens again.

bobbyrae
10-02-17, 06:38 AM
Has anyone actually received a gem drop from the Berry Cobbler recipe? If so, how many gems did you receive?

clothespeg
10-02-17, 06:47 AM
Just finished Summer Food Expo. What a disappointing prize. A recipe that needs 18 hrs cooking time (at first glance I thought it was 8 hrs) and earns coins (there is no mention of gems that could be earned on cooking the recipe) all Cruises should be gem prizes. Oh and to cook 10 lots of the recipe to get 3 gold stamps is ridiculous. Will most likely not do another of this type of cruise unless it is tweaked. I much prefer the old format of cruises. New decor is long overdue as well !

Carbuck
10-02-17, 06:50 AM

You do have a point. This is sooo confusing. I am on Day 10 of the cruise but my goal says 8 of 10.

The counter can be a bit confusing. It counts the goals completed, it doesn't count the one which you're in progress of. While you're doing Goal 1, it shows 0/10. Hope this clarifies.

Thanks for clarifying. I have some moments where I’m waiting for the shoe to drop. I thought this was straight forward but I’m no longer sure of this.

chuckyt888
10-02-17, 10:13 AM
I finished the cruise. The final 10th requirement for the quest is to cook 10 cobblers. Is this a mistake? These things take 18 hours to cook. How is anyone supposed to complete this. That's 180 hours of non-stop cooking. Over a week!

10-02-17, 11:41 AM
For those interested. I'm trying for the gold stamps and so far I've cooked 2 cobblers. 1 rewarded 500 coins and 1 rewarded 1 gem.

bobbyrae
10-02-17, 01:47 PM
For those interested. I'm trying for the gold stamps and so far I've cooked 2 cobblers. 1 rewarded 500 coins and 1 rewarded 1 gem.

Thanks cfhebetc. I really would love to understand the reasoning behind this recipe. What was it that the development team had hoped to achieve? :confused:

chuckyt888
10-02-17, 02:20 PM
i can't help but believe 18 hours is an error. There is simply no time to finish cooking them. They should have at least given us 7 days on top of the 10 days for the cruise. If the cobbler dropped 10-15 gems a pop I could understand a little better.

sophietalia
10-02-17, 03:32 PM
Well the last goal is impossible- 18 hours is 7.5 days.. Is this a bug??

sgr1953
10-02-17, 04:39 PM
The new recipes are nice to have but the berry cobbler is worthless. I?m not going to waste my time on an 18 hour cook time for the hope of one gem. Especially when I can get six gems with six three hour recipes. So sad S8 would make a goal that isn?t achievable. 😢

JustKay
10-02-17, 04:46 PM
Yeah it seems like a mistake. 18 hours seems more like a 'learn to cook' first time period. They probably forgot to set a shorter normal regular cook time. I hope they fix it soon since we are running out of time on this goal!

plowinthru
10-03-17, 12:22 AM
Really guys?!!!...Come on now be realistic!!!...This is a deal breaker for me!..18 hours?!!...Not a chance!!!..Your acting like a company that doesn't test their own product!...Be realistic and do the math!!!...Please go back to the old way and do cruises...The fun of the game is in earning new decor...Create some fresh designs!...We were getting so many repeats...this is ok once in a while for new recipes but we like decor!!!

Skeptacular
10-03-17, 02:35 AM
It's been three days and still no indication whether this berry cobbler thing was a big screw-up on the desingner's part. Can we please get some clarification as to whether this will be fixed, or whether we're just being given the finger?

nmishii
10-03-17, 05:21 AM

I started the cruise a day late when it autostarted. I cooked 2 berry cobblers and also got 500 coins and 1 gem. I probably won't cook 10 by the time the goal ends but I just want to see how far I can get and how many gems will drop vs coins. I have thousands of gems, all from cruise recipes and drops, and over 200 butters from stamps, so I really don't care if I finish or not.

I have the oven that cooks the 24 hr chicken recipe. I bought it when first released for half price, which is still over priced. It gives 1 or 10 gems. I got 10 gems early on and once or twice afterwards and it's probably been around 2 years. Hopefully this recipe has a better gem drop rate.

10-03-17, 05:42 AM
Thanks cfhebetc. I really would love to understand the reasoning behind this recipe. What was it that the development team had hoped to achieve? :confused:

I'm afraid that will remain a mystery given the silence so far and the number of people not happy with how this was set up. I think many more would have really enjoyed the whole thing if it was more reasonable.

The new recipes are nice to have but the berry cobbler is worthless. I?m not going to waste my time on an 18 hour cook time for the hope of one gem. Especially when I can get six gems with six three hour recipes. So sad S8 would make a goal that isn?t achievable. ��

That's at least 6 gems as sometimes cooking a gem recipe rewards more then just 1 gem at a time.

I started the cruise a day late when it autostarted. I cooked 2 berry cobblers and also got 500 coins and 1 gem. I probably won't cook 10 by the time the goal ends but I just want to see how far I can get and how many gems will drop vs coins. I have thousands of gems, all from cruise recipes and drops, and over 200 butters from stamps, so I really don't care if I finish or not.

I have the oven that cooks the 24 hr chicken recipe. I bought it when first released for half price, which is still over priced. It gives 1 or 10 gems. I got 10 gems early on and once or twice afterwards and it's probably been around 2 years. Hopefully this recipe has a better gem drop rate.

I'm in the same cruise boat. Except I don't have 200 butters, I wish I did! I have already mastered most of the butter recipes but between using butter for cruises and now also needing it for the pizza crepes I can't have too many butter as the crepe batter for the recipe is stacking up quickly.

tromalyt
10-03-17, 09:48 AM
This has turned out to be a very disappointing cruise Storm 8. Please go back to the way cruises used to be, with a gem producing recipe (that can be cooked in a short time) as the final prize.

So unfair. Would have to delete this game if it happens again.

The Berry Clobber is a bit of disappointment but the pasta salad is awesome. The limiting ingredient is pasta, which refills every 5 minutes, It is cooked on the dinner burner. I have 4 of them and I am thinking about buying a 5th one. You can make 400 servings per hour per burner, that makes 1600 servings per hour, without running out of ingredients.

Till now, my favourite non gem recipe was churros, 1500 servings per 5 hours, I have a self with over 100000 servings. I can easily top my serving mark if I keep making pasta salad.

Do the selves have a servings cap?

Destiel0918
10-03-17, 11:12 AM
18 hours for 800 coins? No thanks. This Is the WORST Grand prize EVER!

cosmolife
10-03-17, 01:05 PM
I have 34 million coins. Don't think I'll tie up a gem making oven for 18 hours just to add more coins to my coins pile lol

bobbyrae
10-03-17, 02:19 PM
18 hours for 800 coins? No thanks. This Is the WORST Grand prize EVER!

Lol. I think this sums up how many of us feel. :D

JustKay
10-03-17, 02:43 PM
1000 coins, that's it.am bailing on the goal. If it didn't use premium ingredients I might have kept trying. An all recipe cruise is kinda disappointing. Would have preferred a mix. To be honest I doubt I'll cook these recipes ever again. You don't get enough counters in this game

skediddlekiddle
10-03-17, 02:52 PM
While I know the game is a money-making venture for Storm8, I don't like it when goals are absolutely unattainable without spending money to achieve them. At least be less obvious about it! I like having the option to spend gems to finish stages of a quest (in case real life happens) but being forced to spend gems is quite another thing. Dare we hope that someone forgot a decimal and it's supposed to be 1.8 hours? The math is mind-bogglingly out to lunch.

KarenEileen
10-03-17, 02:58 PM
this is absolutely crazy, you can't complete this goal 10 @ 18 hours each. Even with the 2 stoves it allows it's impossible. We can't even keep up with what we have to cook on these festival and Jubilee staves. Maybe we should be allowed to purchase more of them.

Carbuck
10-03-17, 06:24 PM
Yeah it seems like a mistake. 18 hours seems more like a 'learn to cook' first time period. They probably forgot to set a shorter normal regular cook time. I hope they fix it soon since we are running out of time on this goal!

I totally agree. I believe they are just not willing to admit it.

It's been three days and still no indication whether this berry cobbler thing was a big screw-up on the desingner's part. Can we please get some clarification as to whether this will be fixed, or whether we're just being given the finger?

It seems so.

While I know the game is a money-making venture for Storm8, I don't like it when goals are absolutely unattainable without spending money to achieve them. At least be less obvious about it! I like having the option to spend gems to finish stages of a quest (in case real life happens) but being forced to spend gems is quite another thing. Dare we hope that someone forgot a decimal and it's supposed to be 1.8 hours? The math is mind-bogglingly out to lunch.

I believe that this was a big mistake but the developers are unwilling to swallow their pride and admit it. This last minute assurance that we would get all of the recipes once we completed goal 9 is a prime example. All along the goals were intertwined with the game. Unlike other cruises we had a separate goal listed along with the cruise goal. We had a choice. We did not have a choice in this situation. This cruise had only one goal...getting the Diamond Expo Ticket from Ramon. We had to cook the recipes in order to go from Bronze to Silver to Gold to Diamond. Each ticket would only unlock after cooking 10 of the required dish. They had to bail out on the last goal and separate it from the cruise goal (3 gold stamps) when people elevated the point that cooking 10 mixed berry cobblers at 18 hours in 3 days was impossible. Now all of a sudden we have a choice. This is a coverup. All along we didnt have a choice but at the end we had a choice? I like things to make sense.

lnztrekfan
10-03-17, 09:19 PM
Umm ok yikes I just redeemed my diamond ticket and it was 18 hours! I was hoping that was like a learning time but how are you supposed to cook 10 times at 18 hours a pop? And then it's not even a gem recipe! Why did I even bother with this cruise and expo? Thank it's finally time to call it quits. Peace out storm8.

SunUpSunDown
10-04-17, 05:41 AM
Another goal…

Last Chance! Redeem the Diamond Expo Ticket

Reward is Mixed Berry Cobbler

NOTE. Only complete this goal if the Expo has ended

bobbyrae
10-04-17, 06:32 AM
Another goal…

I saw this pop up this morning but don't understand what this is supposed to be?

10-04-17, 07:11 AM
I saw this pop up this morning but don't understand what this is supposed to be?

Yes I have it too.

If I had to guess I think it's for those who did finish the cruise but didn't participate or keep up with the side quest.
Since it showed up as a separate side quest it seems that if you finished the cruise you can still redeem the blue ticket and unlock the mixed berry cobbler even if you didn't do or followed the side quest all the way to step 9.

Earlier to get the cobbler you had to
A finish the cruise AND
B complete step 9 of the side quest.
Which included all that extra serving of the other recipes. Which is kinda ludicrous if you ask me because in theory it would be possible to finish the cruise and have nothing at all to show for it. Another one of those brilliant design flaws in this whole debacle. So with this separate quest you could in theory still unlock the cobbler after you've finished the cruise. I'm sure there's players who ignored the side quest as they aren't interested in gold stamps only to find out at the end they had to play it to get the cruise prize.

Anyway why anyone would want that cobbler recipe with these values is beyond me but would also think I'd be beyond mad if I worked on a cruise and had nothing to show for it at all.

The real question (which we will probably never know the answer to) is that I wonder if this last chance thing was always in the plans from the start or if they have thrown it now after seeing the outcome ?
And why not adjust the cook times and rewards for that cobbler recipe already ?

Carbuck
10-04-17, 07:39 AM
The real question (which we will probably never know the answer to) is that I wonder if this last chance thing was always in the plans from the start or if they have thrown it now after seeing the outcome ?
And why not adjust the cook times and rewards for that cobbler recipe already ?

Fixing the cook time would be easy if they wanted to admit to being wrong. They don’t seem to be able to bring themselves to do something like that.

Mrsspi
10-04-17, 10:32 AM
Well, all I can say is be grateful if you completed the cruise and received your blue ticket! I had timing issues this time, spent waaaay too many gems to complete it. He came in and gave me my blue ticket. i was still working on the other ticket dishes at that time. When I got to the point where I was going to redeem my blue ticket....it says I don't have it.....so angry....I still have time left, but as I see, 18hrs per dish? Never going to happen for me even if I could get help from someone?

kathysshops
10-04-17, 07:52 PM
@Mrsspi: I have the same problem.
I wait for him again, but he doesn`t come. I have spent so many diamonds for nothing.
Hope someone can help me.

cosmolife
10-04-17, 08:02 PM
Kathy and Mrsspi, post 1 info says Ramon comes in only once to give you the diamond expo ticket. Once he does that, he won't be back.

So don't wait for him to come back lol. I would report it or ask a mod here to look into it.

It's no big deal really imo if you don't have the cobbler recipe. It's going to collect dust in my oven ;)

However, if you've spent gems on this cruise... hope they fix Ramon and give you the recipe

rembetiko
10-04-17, 10:24 PM
Another goal?

Yes, I have it too. And I cannot redeem it since I did so already a few days ago and can cook this Mixed Berry Cobbler though I probably won?t.

ostraoz
10-04-17, 10:48 PM
Hi . I back to this game and completed cruise. And cooked all 10 sangria. Sorry I don't have time to read all ten pages of discussion but I have question. I got one ticket from guest when I finished cruise and I got that recepie 18 hours with coin reward. But I couldn't cook 10 of those , when I started first I had only 3 days left so I quit that. It is impossible. How can you cook 10 - 18 hours meal. And also there is no gem reward recepie on this cruise , am I right? Am I missing something?

pixiegamer
10-05-17, 12:13 AM
Cruise ended for me yesterday, and it was a little bittersweet. LOTS of positive points with this one though :)

For starters, this was the first cruise for me where I was able to make it to Day 10 without having to spend gems! :D This was a big deal for me since I play RS2 very casually :o

I also really, really liked the switch-up with recipes as the prizes with this cruise :) My resto isn't big enough to display very much decor (if any), so for the majority of past cruises, the interim prizes were sort of the "means to the end" to obtaining the final recipe for me. Unfortunately, I usually fell behind around Day 9 and couldn't end up finishing the cruises :( So, with no space to display the decor and no recipe to show for my effort, I felt really discouraged coming out of cruises.

The recipe prizes, on the other hand, feel much more tangible :) It feels like proof of the progress I made in the cruise, and it's a very nice feeling to have after many instances of discouragement. I was especially happy to get the Sangria and Pasta Salad recipes - Sangria because it adds a recipe to my Celebration Stove (don't have too many there), and Pasta Salad because I can use pasta after so long~! And the servings/profits for these recipes are also really nice :)

Coming to the downsides: I do think the salad recipes would've been better suited to the Salad Bar appliance (even their artwork in the 'cooking' stage seems to indicate as much), and the lettuce-less lettuce wraps are still kinda bizarre :p

Now, because I didn't complete the cruise, I also obviously didn't complete the goal line this time around. I'm not too unhappy about that though - I really don't think the prize of 3 gold stamps was worth it (especially when the Day 9 cruise prize was also 3 gold stamps), and I'm also fairly happy I didn't get the Mixed Berry Cobbler recipe. Between the 18-hour cook time and the coin/gem output flip-flop and the cruise-AND-goal lines needing completion to unlock it fully, it doesn't seem like the prize was worth the effort needed to unlock it. I think I'd actually be less satisfied if I had completed Day 10 than I am now, having left Day 10 incomplete.

So, overall, I like the change, but I think there are a few points of concern that would need to be addressed heading into the next cruise:

The recipe redemption/goal line tie-in. I followed the goal line alongside the cruise, so I was able to unlock all the recipes for the tickets I was able to earn. But if I hadn't, I would've potentially ended up with useless tickets in my inventory and still-locked recipes on my appliances, despite having gone through (and earning prizes for) a certain number of cruise days. So, I'm not sure cooking recipes to have to unlock the next recipe should have been necessary with this cruise; it would have been nice if we could also have had the option to redeem them directly through the appliances (via a LEARN button or something similar), or even automatically upon completion of their ticket day in the cruise line.

The final goal prize. Despite my lacking ability to complete a cruise on time, I firmly believe that the final goal prize for a cruise, if it is a recipe, should be consistently gem-producing and earned/unlocked with the first drop of the special ingredient as has been the standard for all past cruises. Anything else just lessens the incentive for wanting to complete the goal.

The stated and actual recipe earnings. Within this cruise, the Nicoise Salad and Sangria recipes both earned less than their recipe cards reported them to earn (Nicoise Salad earned 300 coins/100 plates, not 350; and Sangria earned 3500/700 plates, not 3600). Hoping this can be double-checked with future recipes.

Looking forward to future cruises :) Thanks!

bobbyrae
10-05-17, 05:52 AM
Hi . I back to this game and completed cruise. And cooked all 10 sangria. Sorry I don't have time to read all ten pages of discussion but I have question. I got one ticket from guest when I finished cruise and I got that recepie 18 hours with coin reward. But I couldn't cook 10 of those , when I started first I had only 3 days left so I quit that. It is impossible. How can you cook 10 - 18 hours meal. And also there is no gem reward recepie on this cruise , am I right? Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything. The only way to cook ten 18hour cobblers is to use gems. There is a chance of getting gems from cooking the cobbler recipe. You can either get coins or gems.

nmishii
10-05-17, 09:23 AM

I cooked 8 berry cobblers. I got 500 coins, 1 gem, 500 coins, 500 coins, 2 gems, 500 coins, 1 gem, 1000 coins. There was 12:15 left on the goal and 18 hrs to cook the last 2. I wouldn't miss the gems to finish the last 2 after cooking 10-12 hrs, but that would tell Storm8 that it's okay to give these types of awards, so I'm not going to finish the goal. Not worth it for 3 stamps, would have considered it for a new, awesome decoration. The recipe gave more gems than I thought it would, but it should give way more for an 18 hr recipe.

littledarc3
10-05-17, 12:56 PM
I'm glad storm 8 decided to make a way to redeem the final prize. Maybe they do listen to us �� Thanks.

ostraoz
10-06-17, 10:28 AM
Thank you. I cooked once, spent many quick services and got some coins. But I like cruises for the gem rewards. But anyway I like other new recipes. First I thought they are temporary but now I see they stayed . Anyway, like this cruise.

Destiel0918
10-06-17, 12:07 PM
The grand prize should be used to make golden stamps (if not gems)...The 18 hours- is outrageous - and really unmotivating. Currently having no plans to EVER cook this stupid recepie - I hate it. It doesn't feel like a prize at all - more like burden. And they called it the GRAND prize...

bobbyrae
10-06-17, 12:13 PM
I cooked 8 berry cobblers. I got 500 coins, 1 gem, 500 coins, 500 coins, 2 gems, 500 coins, 1 gem, 1000 coins. There was 12:15 left on the goal and 18 hrs to cook the last 2. I wouldn't miss the gems to finish the last 2 after cooking 10-12 hrs, but that would tell Storm8 that it's okay to give these types of awards, so I'm not going to finish the goal. Not worth it for 3 stamps, would have considered it for a new, awesome decoration. The recipe gave more gems than I thought it would, but it should give way more for an 18 hr recipe.

Thanks for this update nmishii.