PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story Event: 9/21 Ivy's Former Flame | 9/21-10/5 | *goals in post 2*

Pages : 1 [2] 3

calicokittennope
09-23-17, 11:30 AM
The front page has the statement "token or rose" looks like it means every time?

Not for me.

My attention span is hurting!

bobbyrae
09-23-17, 11:55 AM
So true. We all experience different luck. My questionable luck is for Ivy leaves. Using a lot of energy on those. A lot of energy.
I'm using a lot of energy period. Having an energy cap with a timed event that hogs energy for EVERY SINGLE thing is kind of frustrating. Especially when you chop down two trees and six bushes and get two green leaves. I wish the drops were either not random or the energy cap would be removed for this event.

PrincessCupOButter
09-23-17, 11:56 AM
I may be jinxing myself, but so far the feathers and leaves have stayed at roughly 50% for me. And I burned a tremendous amount of stored energy (collected from my daily Ali's for days without using any extra) to fight foxes. I don't know how many I actually fought, but I ended up with 29 roses and the 15 tokens needed for the fox. Now I've parked a fox until I need more roses.

My problem is coal. The bingo vein has run dry. I've tried all the usual sources and the drops have almost completely stopped. Really annoying considering that any other time I'd be getting black flags saying I can't hold more coal. Sigh...

Hey S8, when will the coal mine be offered for sale? No promises, but if the price is right, I just may part with some gems. :p

Jennerwein1
09-23-17, 12:40 PM
I had good luck for ivy leaves with bushes. I had 32 stored from some other event (can't remember which). I had forgotten to buy swans :rolleyes:, thank you for the reminder. Just finished the fox, not sure I will make another one, depends on his performance.
Good luck everybody!
Edit: just realized I started 3 sentences with "I had". In a row! Apologies to Sister Hermelinde!

ayyel
09-23-17, 12:51 PM
I had the jewellers and then stored it to make room for other buildings, now it?s not in my inventory? Are you not able to store this building? Will I need to buy it again?

Destiel0918
09-23-17, 12:51 PM
My foxes are not dropping tokens. Anyone else having this problem? I have one token from the first fox...over 5 more foxes and ZERO tokens

You are not alone. Same problem. Over 20 foxes...and 1 token.

Destiel0918
09-23-17, 12:53 PM
I had the jewellers and then stored it to make room for other buildings, now it?s not in my inventory? Are you not able to store this building? Will I need to buy it again?

It is possible to store Jewellry. Perhaps you accidentally deleted it? If yes- you have to build new ones. If not - inventory - buildings- it should be there somewhere.

ladlasse
09-23-17, 01:12 PM
I may be jinxing myself, but so far the feathers and leaves have stayed at roughly 50% for me. And I burned a tremendous amount of stored energy (collected from my daily Ali's for days without using any extra) to fight foxes. I don't know how many I actually fought, but I ended up with 29 roses and the 15 tokens needed for the fox. Now I've parked a fox until I need more roses.

My problem is coal. The bingo vein has run dry. I've tried all the usual sources and the drops have almost completely stopped. Really annoying considering that any other time I'd be getting black flags saying I can't hold more coal. Sigh...

Hey S8, when will the coal mine be offered for sale? No promises, but if the price is right, I just may part with some gems. :p

Princess - when you say you are storing energy from your daily alicorns, do you mean that you are forgoing the 40 energy earned every two hours and just building up as much total energy you can get in anticipation of needing a lot?

ashoxo
09-23-17, 01:18 PM
So I take it this is going to be another impossible event? Looking at the amount of leaves and coal necessary plus more resources based on pure LUCK?....I have a job so I guess I shouldn't bother? Getting tired of these events that you have to spend every waking moment of 24 hours in a day to complete and still end up needing to spend gems (of which they also took away from us with the last update with the free prizes via watching ads). Why does s8 hate their loyal customers so much? I'd seriously really like to know. I'm feeling like a masochist still bothering with this game.

Guardian452
09-23-17, 02:20 PM
Just wondering how to build a carriage with stone blocks? Or I am loosing my creative mind. Because for the road it is also not handy, unless it is for the romantic stroll to the carriage.

Also we need tons of wood, it will soon be a English Caravel!

It's gonna be a massive carriage weighing a few tons. I feel sorry for whatever beast will be tasked to pull it.

jkc619
09-23-17, 02:27 PM
I hate to seem dumb but when are you supposed to store Swanson? I am only on level 6 of the carriage so maybe I am wondering too soon?

fish63
09-23-17, 02:42 PM
I chopped three dead trees and no Fox? Has his happened to anyone?

PrincessCelestian
09-23-17, 02:42 PM
So far ivy's carriage had dropped nothing for me. Seems like a long wait time for an experience point I don't need. Can you check and see if this is a glitch SW? Is anyone else only getting experience points too?!?!

fish63
09-23-17, 02:45 PM
Never mind! Dummy! I had a monster parked! Back to chopping!

riverly
09-23-17, 02:52 PM
I hate to seem dumb but when are you supposed to store Swanson? I am only on level 6 of the carriage so maybe I am wondering too soon?i think it's when we have to make clothes for Swanson. But I'm not there yet either. Maybe when we have to get to level 8.
Adding: I just looked at pic. The craft of dressing Swanson actually tells us to put Swanson in storage. I assume after we've made the clothes. So we'll know when we get there. Lol
I'm a big help aren't I.

Thanks jopik for the screenshot.

Destiel0918
09-23-17, 03:07 PM
Iron rich rocks have been best supply for coal for me so far. Worth trying.

riverly
09-23-17, 03:10 PM
So far ivy's carriage had dropped nothing for me. Seems like a long wait time for an experience point I don't need. Can you check and see if this is a glitch SW? Is anyone else only getting experience points too?!?!ive noticed the same thing. Normally I wait to upgrade something when the timer is up. In this case I don't have to because I'm not getting any good drops anyway so I don't care if the timer resets.

PrincessCupOButter
09-23-17, 03:43 PM
Princess - when you say you are storing energy from your daily alicorns, do you mean that you are forgoing the 40 energy earned every two hours and just building up as much total energy you can get in anticipation of needing a lot?

Yes, that is exactly what I do. :D I only collect from my must haves (cabbage hut, golden mines, beastbane display, etc). I check the dailies and the wizard schools and let it add up. I started this event with over 700 energy. That's why I already have the fox. Lol But I'm out of energy now. :(

It's gonna be a massive carriage weighing a few tons. I feel sorry for whatever beast will be tasked to pull it.

That would be the Phefferknot donkey....er.....pony. Lol

Iron rich rocks have been best supply for coal for me so far. Worth trying.

I chopped three iron rich rocks and got either 4 or 5 coal, one pile dropped none at all :(. I got three coal from my four mines. The coal is my roadblock.

calicokittennope
09-23-17, 04:04 PM
really now....... 1 (ONE!!!!!!) ivy leaf off the lvl 6 carriage was grrrrrrrr i worked hard, give more up!

but this time

one single star of exp

At least I wasn't waiting to upgrade till the timer was done, I'm still gathering for rank up to 7.

if Henrick's so all about this, then he should be helping with everything.

Still keeping an eye on him, something's up with that dude and his green foxes... I haven't seen him and a green fox together. I think he is the green fox and one of her cauldron projects went wrong long ago. That means this Henrick is Henrick's twin brother! Yeah? Yeah I'm all about this plot line for now. Till I come up with another.

ashley224
09-23-17, 04:38 PM
Seriously thinking of forfeiting the event just to keep my Swanson a baby. Has anyone finished yet so I can snoop at the green walker?

AnisWa
09-23-17, 06:16 PM
Seriously thinking of forfeiting the event just to keep my Swanson a baby. Has anyone finished yet so I can snoop at the green walker?

Keep Swanson as a baby....he takes 4-5 taps to make an adult. he has only dropped 1 egg for me each time. I've put him in storage. I have enough resources for eggs.

Stymie52
09-23-17, 06:26 PM
Keep Swanson as a baby....he takes 4-5 taps to make an adult. he has only dropped 1 egg for me each time. I've put him in storage. I have enough resources for eggs.

Looking at page 1, to upgrade carriage to level 10, you will need to make Ivy's compass. It is crafted with Stone of Hearts that drops from Swanson. So an adult Swanson will be needed to finish this goal.

AnisWa
09-23-17, 06:30 PM
My foxes are not dropping tokens. Anyone else having this problem? I have one token from the first fox...over 5 more foxes and ZERO tokens

Today, I decided to just concentrate on getting the fox. I've been on this game none stop since 1pm....it's now 9:22pm...I've chopped so many dead trees..way over 50, I have 10 tokens and 14 green roses. Does that help? Between this event glitching and drops of 1 item of whatever we need....it's crazy! Where's that person who took away the goose for 25 gems in the last event? Why isn't that person fixing the drops of coal, leaves, soft feathers, green roses, & tokens? Hmmmmm!

AnisWa
09-23-17, 07:47 PM
Those looking for coal drops....I've been getting drops from the Mantiwort terrarium.

LuluBellax
09-23-17, 07:49 PM
Foxes defeated: 13
Roses: 9
Tokens: 3 (!)
Dead trees chopped: 9

Every fox dropped either rose or token, apart from one that dropped nothing. Token drops are too rare imo :/

zaccy678
09-23-17, 08:06 PM
Ivy leaves are only dropping from 1/4 of collections instead of 1/3 :mad:

LuluBellax
09-23-17, 08:08 PM
Ivy leaves are only dropping from 1/4 of collections instead of 1/3 :mad:
I find red acer trees better for ivy leaves. About 50% drop rate.

KekeAndLittle
09-23-17, 09:27 PM
My first four foxes required chopping of almost four full dead trees..got two green roses..and no Fox tokens.....
After that, I did receive either a rose or token for next three foxes defeated. Hoping this means that S8 has had a chance to fix the problem with foxes not always dropping either a rose or token each time one is defeated.

MoonVillage3
09-23-17, 10:56 PM
I hate to seem dumb but when are you supposed to store Swanson? I am only on level 6 of the carriage so maybe I am wondering too soon?
you have to reach carriage L8.. then

hagypagy
09-24-17, 12:05 AM
Anyone know the requirements for Swanson's Fancy Hat??
I'm stuck gathering coal for threads for cushions on LVL7 currently.
I'm assuming it's going to need heaps of Black Thread too :eek: :(

LiriTanglethorn
09-24-17, 12:11 AM
For those that are worried about having enough gold nuggets for level 10, remember there's a "Gold Miner" boost in the elven apothecary.

shellyeas
09-24-17, 12:13 AM
This event is going to need a lot of energy that I dont have. I'd love to finish and with 11 days to go i tell myself its doable but the droprates are absolutely terrible. By now ive also run out of coal and wool is going the same way. Maybe I missed the strategy here but oh Well, 11 days to go, I might make it. On the plus side I have more then enough wood by now, Wich ive been lacking lately so I can store up my beams again :)

comeseecomesah
09-24-17, 12:13 AM

Looking at page 1, to upgrade carriage to level 10, you will need to make Ivy's compass. It is crafted with Stone of Hearts that drops from Swanson. So an adult Swanson will be needed to finish this goal.

My carriages are lvl 8 in both my kingdoms and I've been collecting from Swanson regulary and from 1 kingdom have had the Stone of hearts drop for making compass for lvl 10. So those who are going for the end,keep collecting from that old goose...oops swan

Edit... Swanson was dressed when Stone of hearts dropped!

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 12:32 AM
Anyone know the requirements for Swanson's Fancy Hat??
I'm stuck gathering coal for threads for cushions on LVL7 currently.
I'm assuming it's going to need heaps of Black Thread too :eek: :(
I'm crafting that now.. needs:
2 black threads
2 black buttons (from the jeweleries)
takes 2hrs

no :eek:.. quite :)

PS.. I get all my coal from smashing outcropping rocks or rich iron rocks. u just needs loads of energy

SpiritWind00
09-24-17, 12:35 AM
I think I'm going to suggest we need a coal pit. At 10 coal a hit, that's a LOT we need isn't it... The Troll Pit looks like it would drop coal perfectly - after all, it looks like a coal pit.

AinoDK
09-24-17, 12:49 AM
I agree with others: This event is boring. The tasks are tedious. The love story of 'girl is having a great time on her own, boy comes to win her heart and take her home by getting the ruler to build her a carriage' wasn't attractive the first 2 times, don't like it this time either. It's really energy intensive. The 'grand' prize of another walker is not appealing. And I'm getting real tired of big fowls.

However, on the plus side, the 4 main event drops (feathers, leaves, green roses and tokens) all come from items (swans, bushes and dead trees) where we can buy as many as we want (or can afford) and the recovery times are reasonable. No waiting 12 hours for a random drop from mines or Ivys house. The limiter this time seem to be coal, which is also accessible. So far, this event, while not very enjoyable, at least seems very doable.

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 12:52 AM
I think I'm going to suggest we need a coal pit. At 10 coal a hit, that's a LOT we need isn't it... The Troll Pit looks like it would drop coal perfectly - after all, it looks like a coal pit.
now this is a great idea! what else could come out a dark hole besides Trolls? useful Coal! :)
we cant store it anyway.. at least it could be an important collection

mrootje
09-24-17, 01:05 AM
I've already raised Swanson....Is that a problem for goal 9?

kattkrazie
09-24-17, 01:08 AM
I've already raised Swanson....Is that a problem for goal 9?

No problem. I did too and it autocompleted.

hagypagy
09-24-17, 01:10 AM
I'm crafting that now.. needs: 2 black threads , 2 black buttons - takes 2hrs

no :eek:.. quite :)

PS.. I get all my coal from smashing outcropping rocks or rich iron rocks. u just needs loads of energy

Thanks Moon!! ❤️
Yeah I'm smashing away at them slowly ... In between leaf and swan collections

My only weekly Ali's are from the birthday event just gone and they're still growing up ... Could really use that energy now!!

Brilliant idea SW!!
The Coal Pit Troll Pit!
Love your work as always ❤️

confuzzled88
09-24-17, 01:14 AM
I am struggling to get ivy leafs for beams and blocks. Dtop rate is rare.

LiriTanglethorn
09-24-17, 01:14 AM
Henrick is the *prize*?!? I think we've all figured out by now, this dude is no prize.

mrootje
09-24-17, 01:54 AM
No problem. I did too and it autocompleted.

Thx!

ShibuyaCloth
09-24-17, 02:00 AM
A first piece of math, what is takes to do all the crafting!

Carriage Level Ivy Leaf Soft Feathers Black Button Green Rose Black Thread Ivy Block Ivy Beam Carriage Cushion Fancy Hat Fancy Shirt
#1:
#2: 2
#3: 5 1
#4: 24 2 1 1
#5: 32 5 3 2 2
#6: 48 10 3 3 3
#7: 80 12 4 2 5 5 1
#8: 112 24 4 7 10 7 7 2 1
#9: 160 36 2 10 8 10 10 3 1
#10: 192 48 8 8 12 12 4
Total 655 135 6 29 37 40 40 10 1 1
Collector 672 148 13 32 48 41 41 11 2 2

I will now make some extrapolation on energy needs per level

All will be put back in the main tread on page 1!

ShibuyaCloth
09-24-17, 02:26 AM
Working on some assumptions to calculate the overall energy needs for this event.

Ivy Leaf Drop: 50% (per Bush)
Soft Feathers Drop: 50% (per Swan)
Green Rose Drop: 75% (per Forest Fox ****)
Coal Drop: 50% (per Rock hit)
Forest Fox ****: 10 (energy, 1 fox per Dead Tree chopping)

Based on experience found here in this thread. Happy to get challenged. Note this is an average and not an absolute number, some of us get more lucky, others less.

hagypagy
09-24-17, 03:28 AM
I am struggling to get ivy leafs for beams and blocks. Dtop rate is rare.

The best way to collect Ivy Leaves is to save up 20 energy and do a quick collect on 20 bushes.
(Quick Collect - quickly tap all the items you want to collect and swipe up on your phone to bring up the dashboard, swipe back to the game and everything you tapped will be collected at once.)
This'll usually score you 8 leaves.

That's a block or beam per hour.

AnisWa
09-24-17, 03:40 AM

Great idea, thank you SW.
I've just noticed the caption shows the event ends on 10/5....in the trade wagon, it states it ends on 10/4 at 6PM PST.

Twintail
09-24-17, 04:42 AM
Today, I decided to just concentrate on getting the fox. I've been on this game none stop since 1pm....it's now 9:22pm...I've chopped so many dead trees..way over 50, I have 10 tokens and 14 green roses. Does that help? Between this event glitching and drops of 1 item of whatever we need....it's crazy! Where's that person who took away the goose for 25 gems in the last event? Why isn't that person fixing the drops of coal, leaves, soft feathers, green roses, & tokens? Hmmmmm!

Foxes defeated: 13
Roses: 9
Tokens: 3 (!)
Dead trees chopped: 9

Every fox dropped either rose or token, apart from one that dropped nothing. Token drops are too rare imo :/

I also decided to concentrate on getting the fox today. It is IMPOSSIBLE at this awful drop rate to complete this event. But, AnisWa and LuluBellax, you have way better luck than I do. I have chopped dead trees like crazy and I have over 30 green roses and TWO tokens. What is it!?

My question: get the drop rate of fox tokens better, when the Carriage higher in level? Mine is now Lv.6. If not, I would give up this event and regret bitterly, that I started it.

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 05:01 AM
What I did notice is the Fox token drops when the Fox is spawned on 1st or 2nd chop of the Dead Tree.
These trees I chop completely to get the token.
If nothing is spawned in the first 2 chops.. I put the tree aside to chop later when I need roses as at the moment I have enough.
Yes.. there is the risk I'll have many trees to chop out of sight later.. but at the moment my energy is needed collecting coal and leaves.

This works for my kingdom.. but say.. not all our kingdoms have the same drops, luck or randomness

AnisWa
09-24-17, 05:03 AM
I also decided to concentrate on getting the fox today. It is IMPOSSIBLE at this awful drop rate to complete this event. But, AnisWa and LuluBellax, you have way better luck than I do. I have chopped dead trees like crazy and I have over 30 green roses and TWO tokens. What is it!?

My question: get the drop rate of fox tokens better, when the Carriage higher in level? Mine is now Lv.6. If not, I would give up this event and regret bitterly, that I started it.

Early this morning, I finally got the 15th token, waiting on trade wagon for fox. I don't remember if anyone posted what the fox drops. Can't wait to see what I get. I'm on the 7th dot in the storybook.I brought Swanson out of storage, to see if I start to get the stone of heart for the final level. Good Luck Twintail!

UPDATED: an hr later drop from fox was 1 coin

jbfps116
09-24-17, 05:47 AM
i'm not really anxious to "win" this event. we don't know if the level 10 carriage drops anything useful [coal please?!?!?] and a walker only makes the game run slower. the green fox is cool
i got the energy pack just for fun. chopped a bunch of trees and made progress on growing more. ran through a LOT of bushes twice. chopped through LOTS of rocks [when you max on coal make thread and skip timer for 1 gem and make more!!] and slew lots of foxes. up to 10 tokens now. whew that was fun lol

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 06:11 AM
Early this morning, I finally got the 15th token, waiting on trade wagon for fox. I don't remember if anyone posted what the fox drops. Can't wait to see what I get. I'm on the 7th dot in the storybook.I brought Swanson out of storage, to see if I start to get the stone of heart for the final level. Good Luck Twintail!
hold your breath and drum roll.... tada tada tada tada
.. 'fur'
oh no! don't be disappointed! it's the fox that's one of his kind.. not the drops.. lol! I'm eagerly collecting when I can for the 'couple'
I'm sure I'll get it even with the lack of drops, 11 days left.. 'cause wood we need more than more! and dead trees are a good enough source.

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 06:17 AM
i'm not really anxious to "win" this event. we don't know if the level 10 carriage drops anything useful [coal please?!?!?] and a walker only makes the game run slower. the green fox is cool
i got the energy pack just for fun. chopped a bunch of trees and made progress on growing more. ran through a LOT of bushes twice. chopped through LOTS of rocks [when you max on coal make thread and skip timer for 1 gem and make more!!] and slew lots of foxes. up to 10 tokens now. whew that was fun lol

And what if sly looking Robin Hood (Henrick) is THE famous Robin Hood who 'robs from the rich and gives to the poor'?
We could do with his service against the Elvens and help with the Baron!
You bet I'll give him a job! Walk though every block of my kingdom and use your arrows to shoo away that Buzzard Bird! I'll build you a bazooka in the meantime.. lol!

you made real good use of your energy pack.. is it 15 minutes continuous?

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 07:14 AM
The first collection after Swanson is dressed.. Henrick popped out saying he found the 'heart stone'
Then said he was going to make a magical compass for Ivy... and added.. just wait and see!
Now he disappeared with the stone.. no side goals appeared.. and I don't see any new crafts!
Where has he gone with the stone?
(can't check workshops atm as they're making stones/beams)
yes.. he is a mystery! lol!

38506 38507

bobbyrae
09-24-17, 07:15 AM
What I did notice is the Fox token drops when the Fox is spawned on 1st or 2nd chop of the Dead Tree.
These trees I chop completely to get the token.
If nothing is spawned in the first 2 chops.. I put the tree aside to chop later when I need roses as at the moment I have enough.
Yes.. there is the risk I'll have many trees to chop out of sight later.. but at the moment my energy is needed collecting coal and leaves.

This works for my kingdom.. but say.. not all our kingdoms have the same drops, luck or randomness
I just spawned a fox on the third chop, so...it's all random unfortunately.

I keep spawning skunkupines pines when I chop red acer trees so I have to first spawn a fox THEN try chopping trees to get green leaves since the drop rate from bushes is so low for me. Sigh...No tokens yet. -.-

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 07:42 AM
I just spawned a fox on the third chop, so...it's all random unfortunately.

I keep spawning skunkupines pines when I chop red acer trees so I have to first spawn a fox THEN try chopping trees to get green leaves since the drop rate from bushes is so low for me. Sigh...No tokens yet. -.-

well.. positive is you're collecting both wood and leaves together. my acers weren't giving me much so had to move to the bushes. luckily we have 2 places for the needed supplies.

usually but only 70% of tries.. the dead tree that spawned a fox on 1st or 2nd chop, gave me a token when finishing chopping the dead tree.
now that I need roses again.. I went back to the trees I had put aside because they didn't have 1st/2nd spawns.. I'm getting the roses I need.

adding again.. it's always random the comparison we can make and never a security.. it's just fun to try, you can never know if you don't.

AnisWa
09-24-17, 08:05 AM
hold your breath and drum roll.... tada tada tada tada
.. 'fur'
oh no! don't be disappointed! it's the fox that's one of his kind.. not the drops.. lol! I'm eagerly collecting when I can for the 'couple'
I'm sure I'll get it even with the lack of drops, 11 days left.. 'cause wood we need more than more! and dead trees are a good enough source.
Hi Moon, the drop was one stinking coin, I think it was 25. OH BROTHER!

Listal
09-24-17, 08:17 AM
Where is the forest fox? Confused on how to get it

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 08:35 AM
Have you put your Trade Wagon out? The craft is in there this time.
Chopping Dead Trees you can collect Fox Tokens to be able to craft your own pet.
I don't know which level you're on.. but you'll be told when to start collecting tokens.. it'll be after you've uplevelled to Chapter6.

...see Page1 after Goal 6 requirements.

Galadraal
09-24-17, 08:38 AM
You didn’t read any posts before you asked your question? Directly above your question people are talking about it taking several chops of THE DEAD TREE before getting the fox and how it is extremely rare to get the token to make the fox which is a trade in the TRADE WAGON

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 08:42 AM
Hi Moon, the drop was one stinking coin, I think it was 25. OH BROTHER!

and I got 1 tomato for the second collection.
it's certainly not for the drops.. he's a lovely shade of green.. hahaha!

adding: 1 wheat
being an every hour collection.. just maybe we can get some goodies out of Foxy

ladlasse
09-24-17, 08:43 AM
Yesterday and earlier today, I received a green rose or a token for every fox slayed. Just now I received nothing. I thought we were supposed to get something with every slayed fox.

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 08:46 AM
Yesterday and earlier today, I received a green rose or a token for every fox slayed. Just now I received nothing. I thought we were supposed to get something with every slayed fox.
no.. not everytime drops appear.. there are some blanks.. but luckily very few.

Listal
09-24-17, 09:21 AM
I did but l missed it saying the level thing

Den8137259
09-24-17, 09:22 AM
No green lettuce or the coin from the mean green foxy ★ :mad:

gilachaya
09-24-17, 10:14 AM
I crafted 1 fox. Now I am not getting any foxes when chopping dead trees. I chopped 4 trees in a row. Is there a limit? The craft is still available.

kattkrazie
09-24-17, 10:23 AM

I'm done, Sparkle. He's walking in my kingdom and I think he's cute, so come on over.

After you get Hemrick, the forest fox stops spawning even though the trade is still in the wagon. So collect your fox tokens before leveling up the carriage to 10.

kattkrazie
09-24-17, 10:25 AM
I crafted 1 fox. Now I am not getting any foxes when chopping dead trees. I chopped 4 trees in a row. Is there a limit? The craft is still available.

I crafted 3 foxes. Are you sure you didn't spawn a monster somewhere on your board?

jbfps116
09-24-17, 10:54 AM
i'm surprised people still don't know about unlimited energy: the instant you buy it the unlimited energy applies and you have 15 minutes to go haywire. BEFORE you buy it make sure you have rocks, trees, and anything you want to get done out and ready. buy, then go kazam. after the 15 minutes is up you're left with 40 energy [so empty your energy before buying to get your money's worth!]

and of course it is imperative to use the "quick collect" by sliding up the control center

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 11:30 AM
i'm surprised people still don't know about unlimited energy: the instant you buy it the unlimited energy applies and you have 15 minutes to go haywire. BEFORE you buy it make sure you have rocks, trees, and anything you want to get done out and ready. buy, then go kazam. after the 15 minutes is up you're left with 40 energy [so empty your energy before buying to get your money's worth!]
Thanks for answering and don't be surprised if I asked.. I only tried it once and lost out as didn't know it would start immediately.. and during, my door bell rang!
It's the way it's stated in the pack: 1min x15.. could be interpreted as 15minutes continuously.. or 15x 1min at a time. I would try again if it was a minute use at a time.. and sure I'd have fun. That's the reason I asked who said they did well as instructions are needed to make the best of the offer.

Weesses
09-24-17, 12:28 PM
Thanks Moon!! ❤️
Yeah I'm smashing away at them slowly ... In between leaf and swan collections

My only weekly Ali's are from the birthday event just gone and they're still growing up ... Could really use that energy now!!

Brilliant idea SW!!
The Coal Pit Troll Pit!
Love your work as always ❤️

I'm really really sorry to go off topic it wasn't my intention but reading this comment kinda shocked me. Were we supposed to receive an Alicorn from the Barons birthday event? Cause I surely didn't and I double checked my storage before posting. Please please someone answer me. Oh how happy I would be with another weekly alicorn!!!

LiriTanglethorn
09-24-17, 12:41 PM
I'm really really sorry to go off topic it wasn't my intention but reading this comment kinda shocked me. Were we supposed to receive an Alicorn from the Barons birthday event? Cause I surely didn't and I double checked my storage before posting. Please please someone answer me. Oh how happy I would be with another weekly alicorn!!!

Sorry dear, the alicorns were a matter of "luck" from the gold ticket trade during the birthday. A few people got 1, a couple people got 4, but most people got none. :(

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 12:44 PM

Off-Topic
There was the possibility of finding a weekly Ali in the Gold Trade of the last event, but they were very rare drops and not all players even if they tried their luck doing many trades found any. The Alis were not a direct gift to all players.

calicokittennope
09-24-17, 01:35 PM
I'm so mad. I want confirmation buttons! Lag cost me a lot of gems >:(

LiriTanglethorn
09-24-17, 01:37 PM
Okay, now that Swanson is dressed I no longer regret not keeping him a cygnet. He looks very cute in his Scottish finery! :D

Smr1019
09-24-17, 02:56 PM
Sent the swans, bushes, and that carriage off to storage. Before I started this event I was almost maxed on the needed resouces, down to zero now.
Not really interested in another walker anyway. Maybe I'll still go for the green robo fox. Not sure how I feel about him yet.
Oh well another event I'm not gonna finish.
Back to finishing some main story lines.

ktorewqas
09-24-17, 03:24 PM
What does the carriage drop? Hope s8 give out drop info for this. I'm not a fan of walker. If the drop is bad, I would work on lvl 7 buildings now

LiriTanglethorn
09-24-17, 03:43 PM
Adult Swanson just dropped a purple dye in addition to the standard eggs, so it appears he might have some interesting drops after all - although I definitely don't need another source of purple dye. Fingers crossed for better future drops...

LiriTanglethorn
09-24-17, 03:45 PM
What does the carriage drop? Hope s8 give out drop info for this. I'm not a fan of walker. If the drop is bad, I would work on lvl 7 buildings now

So far (at level 9) I've only received 1-2 ivy leaves from the carriage. Hopefully it will drop something better after it's complete, and after the event.

AnisWa
09-24-17, 04:02 PM
Lol, I know that's what cooking the mysterious egg GIVES us, I'm asking if anyone was able to get an add'l souvenir EGG to drop during that goal (or do those eggs come back around again sometime later??)

....this is just a hoarder question, lol

That explains it.....sorry, I'm not a hoarder! Lol....I have enough in real life....:cool:

hagypagy
09-24-17, 04:23 PM
Adult Swanson just dropped a purple dye in addition to the standard eggs, so it appears he might have some interesting drops after all - although I definitely don't need another source of purple dye. Fingers crossed for better future drops...

I got an orange dye from him ... So he must drop all the dyes randomly.

Edit: Yep I just got a purple dye next collection.

midninghtcm
09-24-17, 07:31 PM
A TIP I THINK COULD BE WORTHWHILE

I've gotten a lot of foxes by not chopping my dead tree entirely when the goal popped up to clear a dead tree and defeat a fox. Its increased my chances of recieving more foxes. Its just a tip I thought I'd post here. Maybe it will work for someone else.

ashley224
09-24-17, 07:46 PM
I'm done, Sparkle. He's walking in my kingdom and I think he's cute, so come on over.

After you get Hemrick, the forest fox stops spawning even though the trade is still in the wagon. So collect your fox tokens before leveling up the carriage to 10.

Thanks Katt, he is cute, so is adult Swanson but but but baby Swanson:o, hmmm, decisions, decisions...

Thanks also for the heads up about the foxes, this doesn't seem right, important to know

gilachaya
09-24-17, 07:54 PM
I crafted 3 foxes. Are you sure you didn't spawn a monster somewhere on your board?

I will ty again. Thank you!

calicokittennope
09-24-17, 08:22 PM
I think it's worth finishing the dead trees off and not just writing them off as useless after one fox spawn. I've had several times of one tree giving two foxes. Not two at once, but like at hit 1, then later at hit 4 or something. Not all the time though so it's a toss up between do I want to waste this energy or shove this tree to the dead forest for now. Not sure if this makes sense sorry.

ladlasse
09-24-17, 08:29 PM
I think it's worth finishing the dead trees off and not just writing them off as useless after one fox spawn. I've had several times of one tree giving two foxes. Not two at once, but like at hit 1, then later at hit 4 or something. Not all the time though so it's a toss up between do I want to waste this energy or shove this tree to the dead forest for now. Not sure if this makes sense sorry.

I, too, have found that when a fox spawns before the dead tree is done, and I go do something else in the kingdom for a little bit, I can come back and usually get a second fox from the dead tree.

AppleWhite84
09-24-17, 09:33 PM
I have 20 bushes and will only get about 5 or 6 ivy leaves after collecting from all of them. Do the trees have a better chance at dropping ivy?

MoonVillage3
09-24-17, 09:45 PM

I, too, have found that when a fox spawns before the dead tree is done, and I go do something else in the kingdom for a little bit, I can come back and usually get a second fox from the dead tree.

This I found true..
Almost all the dead trees I had put aside after the first 2 chops to see if I could quickly spawn a Fox.. did give me a second spawn when I chopped later. Actually I got more double spawns from a tree than I did when chopping a whole tree.
So with the same number of energy needed to chop the tree (plus what's extra to fight the extra fox) and cost of buying the tree.. I got more chances to try and find a token.

The tree should not be written off.. it's just that you chop in two phases.

LiriTanglethorn
09-24-17, 10:11 PM
So far drops from Robofox have been basically useless. ! tomato, 1 wheat, 1-2 corn. Same things for 12+ drops now. Disappointed...

LiriTanglethorn
09-24-17, 10:31 PM

I got an orange dye from him ... So he must drop all the dyes randomly.

Edit: Yep I just got a purple dye next collection.

Yep... Got a blue. That's nice! It'll be good to have a source of various dyes.

calicokittennope
09-25-17, 02:35 AM
Ivy leaves feel awfully rare considering how many we need. 8 per thing and a ton of things to make. This is frustrating but I'm tired so maybe it's not as bad as I think it is.

ZOOMANIA69
09-25-17, 03:36 AM
Post #4 lists Henrick as storable. Could someone who already has Henrick, please confirm if this is a possibility? That option would certainly be welcome if true. Also, thanks for the heads up on the fox spawns drying up after leveling to 10.

bobbyrae
09-25-17, 05:47 AM
Post #4 lists Henrick as storable. Could someone who already has Henrick, please confirm if this is a possibility? That option would certainly be welcome if true. Also, thanks for the heads up on the fox spawns drying up after leveling to 10.

I was wondering about how Henrick can be stored too.

AnisWa
09-25-17, 06:46 AM
The expiration dates do not match up between Caption & Trade Wagon...9/21 Ivy's Former Flame|9/21-10/5|; Trade Wagon says it expires 10/4 @6PM PST.

LiriTanglethorn
09-25-17, 06:58 AM
In addition to several different colour dyes he's dropped, adult Swanson just gave me a golden egg. So far he's the best prize I've gotten this event.

meme1098
09-25-17, 07:47 AM
In addition to several different colour dyes he's dropped, adult Swanson just gave me a golden egg. So far he's the best prize I've gotten this event.

Is that the dressed version? All I've gotten is eggs...I am maxed on all the dyes though.

brigadoon365
09-25-17, 07:59 AM
I sure wish this was a storyline event.

I love the items and the story is really cute but using such a huge amount of coal and esp living wood in a short amount of time is making me really hesitant.

Is there a list anywhere of totals that are needed for each item? I'm trying to do the math, but it's taxing my brain.:confused:

tigarlilyvol
09-25-17, 08:08 AM
I sure wish this was a storyline event.

I love the items and the story is really cute but using such a huge amount of coal and esp living wood in a short amount of time is making me really hesitant.

Is there a list anywhere of totals that are needed for each item? I'm trying to do the math, but it's taxing my brain.:confused:

On page 30, post 294 is all the numbers needed.

Destiel0918
09-25-17, 08:38 AM
Stone of Heart looks like this.

ShibuyaCloth
09-25-17, 11:16 AM
Event Maths are in:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100869-Castle-Story-Event-9-21-Ivy-s-Former-Flame-9-21-10-5-*goals-in-post-2*&p=1453438&viewfull=1#post1453438

kattkrazie
09-25-17, 11:37 AM

He’s definitely not storable. When I try to tap on him, he keeps walking (and gives me the side-eye).

mayennalee
09-25-17, 12:28 PM
Has anyone else said that there green fox is not dropping tokens each time you battle one. I have ****ed off 7 and I have only one token. I'm assuming that because we only need 15 that they would be rare and unfair drop rate. Or do I need to report this as a bug ?

Also what is everyones drop rate for chopping acer trees. I get average of 2 leaves per tree.?

kattkrazie
09-25-17, 01:27 PM
Has anyone else said that there green fox is not dropping tokens each time you battle one. I have ****ed off 7 and I have only one token. I'm assuming that because we only need 15 that they would be rare and unfair drop rate. Or do I need to report this as a bug ?

Also what is everyones drop rate for chopping acer trees. I get average of 2 leaves per tree.?

I also had a bad drop rate from trees. I just collected from bushes since it wasn’t a good use of energy to grow the trees.

As for the fox, it’s normal to get mostly roses from them. And rarely, they drop nothing. You just have to keep on trying and the tokens will eventually drop. Sometimes I would get a token from every 3rd fox, but then it might take 6 foxes to get a token. There was no pattern to it at all. Good luck.

eam13
09-25-17, 01:38 PM
I’ve found that the red trees drop WAY more leaves than the yellow ones - the bushes are terrible for me!

lonerlexie
09-25-17, 03:02 PM

The fox either drops a coin or the green rose. I believe this is intentional. I'm not bothered by it because he is very easy to "summon".

SpiritWind00
09-25-17, 03:13 PM

It's normal. I wrote info about this a day or 2 ago against the inventory info on the fox in post 3.

In my game, Leaf drops from trees are the same as bushes.

LiriTanglethorn
09-25-17, 03:40 PM
Is that the dressed version? All I've gotten is eggs...I am maxed on all the dyes though.

Dressed, adult.

Also, for those tired of chopping dead trees, I've accidentally noticed that the 3-chop Old Log always spawns a fox for me. Good way to get rid of the excess inventory from Objection Trees.

ninjalejones
09-25-17, 05:22 PM
Can we please get info on drops from the carriage after the event ends? I've leveled it to 10, have Robin hood roaming the kingdom and the carriage is still dropping a single Ivy leaf :confused: Which I don't need anymore for obvious reasons.

bobbyrae
09-25-17, 05:27 PM
Dressed, adult.

Also, for those tired of chopping dead trees, I've accidentally noticed that the 3-chop Old Log always spawns a fox for me. Good way to get rid of the excess inventory from Objection Trees.

Thanks for that info. Will have to try that log since I always need to have a spawned fox in place before I can chop acer trees to avoid spawning another monster.

stormyskater
09-25-17, 06:42 PM
Event Maths are in:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100869-Castle-Story-Event-9-21-Ivy-s-Former-Flame-9-21-10-5-*goals-in-post-2*&p=1453438&viewfull=1#post1453438

Am I just not seeing it? Love the info, but are there totals for coal, wool, and living wood?

Stymie52
09-25-17, 08:29 PM
I’ve found that the red trees drop WAY more leaves than the yellow ones - the bushes are terrible for me!

My game is exactly the same. Surprisingly, the fox tokens came fairly regularly from fighting the foxes. Hang in there, everyone. We still have a lot of time left. Let's hope we don't get blisters from all the chopping!

ethan1brothers
09-25-17, 09:16 PM
whats the best tree for living wood these days ?

MoonVillage3
09-25-17, 10:54 PM
whats the best tree for living wood these days ?

As Living Wood are random drops from all trees which you purposely have to grow.. the best way is to continuously craft your own in the Potion Shop, which is not in use during this event.
It takes 15mins and you can put to good use all the 'white petals' dropping from the bushes while you're looking for Ivy leaves
'wood' you're receiving from all the dead tree chopping needed to find the green roses and fox tokens.. and 5 water which is easy to find.
It's not what you asked.. but hope this idea helps.

comeseecomesah
09-26-17, 01:35 AM
Dressed Swanson... I've had couple of purple dyes from him and just got a yellow dye.

bobbyrae
09-26-17, 05:14 AM
Am I just not seeing it? Love the info, but are there totals for coal, wool, and living wood?
It's not in that graphic, but from the information in the graphic and the info contained in the 2nd & 3rd posts you could easily work out the totals for coal living wood and wool.

EsmeW2
09-26-17, 05:24 AM
I'd love to find out what the Level 10 carriage is going to drop post-event as I'm pretty undecided about what to do.

I prefer the look of the level 5 - 9 carriage. And if even it's just going to be deco/coin drop I might even keep it out - but for me the final stage looks a bit over-decorated. I'd only want it if it had the promise of fantastic drops of things I can get short of.

And I'm not sure I want another random walker who doesn't contribute to the story floating uselessly about my board. I can't even remember the name of that chap in the white jacket and boots and I can't get rid of him, so suspect this one will be the same. He'll be the first walker I haven't got but I think that they might contribute to making the game being much slower these days - another reason for not getting him. My avatar used to dash about and now she dawdles annoyingly!

I'm looking forward to the dressed Swanson and the fox though.

Irma_Isle
09-26-17, 07:15 AM
Need info : Option to craft fancy hat and fancy shirt still there until chapter what? I really want to make extra but strugle to collect coal. If the option are still there until chapter 10 then Its good to make extra if we can finish all the main requirement first.

meme1098
09-26-17, 07:18 AM
I'd love to find out what the Level 10 carriage is going to drop post-event as I'm pretty undecided about what to do.

I prefer the look of the level 5 - 9 carriage. And if even it's just going to be deco/coin drop I might even keep it out - but for me the final stage looks a bit over-decorated. I'd only want it if it had the promise of fantastic drops of things I can get short of.

And I'm not sure I want another random walker who doesn't contribute to the story floating uselessly about my board. I can't even remember the name of that chap in the white jacket and boots and I can't get rid of him, so suspect this one will be the same. He'll be the first walker I haven't got but I think that they might contribute to making the game being much slower these days - another reason for not getting him. My avatar used to dash about and now she dawdles annoyingly!

I'm looking forward to the dressed Swanson and the fox though.

I don't want or need another walker either. So, I'm going to go to L9, then continue to accumulate all required items for L10 but not upgrade until after the timer expires. It might not be worth it considering measly drops in the past from such L10 items but it's something for me to do.
And thanks to a great neighbor for that suggestion :D

Den8137259
09-26-17, 07:31 AM
Someone once said Castle Story is becoming like a Zoo or Farm Story ★ hope it ain't true :rolleyes:

fazerJan
09-26-17, 10:17 AM
Hi,

Maybe it is answered earlier but could not find it and it is not on page one:
I am thinking to go for the fox before leveling up to lvl 9.
Does it drop Ivy leaf during this event?

KattKrazie has 3 so she must know....

I read a few pages back that normal drops are not very spectacular..

Best regards,

FazerJan
The Netherlands

kattkrazie
09-26-17, 10:30 AM
Hi,

Maybe it is answered earlier but could not find it and it is not on page one:
I am thinking to go for the fox before leveling up to lvl 9.
Does it drop Ivy leaf during this event?

KattKrazie has 3 so she must know....

I read a few pages back that normal drops are not very spectacular..

Best regards,

FazerJan
The Netherlands

The fox drops crops, no ivy leaves.

Stymie52
09-26-17, 11:01 AM
Dressed Swanson... I've had couple of purple dyes from him and just got a yellow dye.

I haven't gotten any dye from the Dressed Swanson. I have only been getting eggs, and I just got a golden egg.

AinoDK
09-26-17, 11:01 AM
Need info : Option to craft fancy hat and fancy shirt still there until chapter what? I really want to make extra but strugle to collect coal. If the option are still there until chapter 10 then Its good to make extra if we can finish all the main requirement first.

I'm on chapter 8, and the shirt can no longer be crafted. I have dressed Swanson but the crafting of the hat is still possible. I exoect it to disappear as soon as I upgrade to level 9 though. I got my extras before levelling up.

Oh, and the stone heart just dropped, resulting in Heinrick talking about making a compass for Ivy, but there is no compass craft yet. There is a limit of one, so no heart stone souvenier

HuckleTown
09-26-17, 11:55 AM
My bushes just yielded a 10 percent drop rate for Ivy leaves. Pathetic.

meme1098
09-26-17, 12:10 PM

And to add insult to injury 2 regular mine collections & 6 of the onyx 'balls' for the 2nd time around without a single coal :mad:

fazerJan
09-26-17, 12:20 PM
The fox drops crops, no ivy leaves.

Thanx Katt......

Jaybeast72
09-26-17, 12:22 PM
Someone once said Castle Story is becoming like a Zoo or Farm Story ★ hope it ain't true :rolleyes:

I for one, love the animals! Wish we could get some turtles... in honor of my 3 new baby painted turtles i just got. Husband found some eggs on one of his sites & we watched them hatch. I've named them (snap, crackle, & pop) & they now eat shrimp (freeze dried) & spinach leaves out of my hand. Ive installed a pond with a waterfall beside the garage & paid to have it enclosed within a beautiful horizontal wood fence. Best turtle life ever. Now I want turtles next to one of my ponds. I have a Great Pyrenees & Chocolate Newfie (love gentle giants) and I hate myself for missing both the polar bear & grizzly bear event prizes! But Im hoping something else similar comes along. So I hope they do continue with the different types of animals. I dont mind the animals, I just dont care for all the recycling and/or dressing them up. In fact, Im debating not raising Swanson up or dressing him bc i like him as a little yellow duckie. As someone else said a few pgs back, I also dont plan on upgrading past Lvl9 of the carriage bc I too think it's overdone.

BTW: Can anyone tell me if we can obtain 2 swanson eggs? Or did I miss out as Im now on Goal #8? Ty. Also while I'm not allowed to discuss anything specific, I can say that I'm still playing as here recently I've extremely pleased with S8's improved customer focus.

PrincessCupOButter
09-26-17, 12:29 PM

And to add insult to injury 2 regular mine collections & 6 of the onyx 'balls' for the 2nd time around without a single coal :mad:

I was just coming here to ask if anyone else was experiencing this. 16 bushes yielded 4 leaves, and the last red acer dropped 2 leaves (don't they realize it's fall?) The bidding booth and fawns, which used to be generous with living wood, have stopped dropping it, as have the sawmills. And the little coal dropping mummy has switched to simple glue (or banners about it at least). Don't even get me started on the mines! The mines usually drop tons of the stuff and I stay maxed even when crafting wisps. To get either 0, 1, or 2 from all four mines is NOT normal for this game.

They can say what they want, I do not believe that it is all random or just my perception when needed drops just completely dry up.

On a positive note, I have enough feathers and cabbage roses, so most of the swans are stored and I have a robofox parked. Thankfully, wool isn't an issue thanks to my knights' habit of bringing stray sheep home from adventures. (At least I hope they are strays! O.O) And two living trees are keeping me from running out of living wood, but I'll have some major restocking to do.

The leaf drops dwindled considerably after reaching level 9. My advice to those still at lower levels is to stock up on as much coal, leaves and living wood as possible before leveling up. (Keep making thread, beams and blocks ahead, while the drops are still somewhat decent, for quick leveling later!)

MoonVillage3
09-26-17, 02:11 PM
I haven't gotten any dye from the Dressed Swanson. I have only been getting eggs, and I just got a golden egg.
same for me too.. just eggs and once a golden egg

MoonVillage3
09-26-17, 02:26 PM
I'm on chapter 8, and the shirt can no longer be crafted. I have dressed Swanson but the crafting of the hat is still possible. I exoect it to disappear as soon as I upgrade to level 9 though. I got my extras before levelling up.

Oh, and the stone heart just dropped, resulting in Heinrick talking about making a compass for Ivy, but there is no compass craft yet. There is a limit of one, so no heart stone souvenier
the craft for the compass will appear in the Magic Forge later... as Swanson in the meantime swallowed the heart stone and Henrick has to retrieve it by following him around to check what he 'leaves behind'

HuckleTown
09-26-17, 02:40 PM
I was just coming here to ask if anyone else was experiencing this. 16 bushes yielded 4 leaves, and the last red acer dropped 2 leaves (don't they realize it's fall?) The bidding booth and fawns, which used to be generous with living wood, have stopped dropping it, as have the sawmills. And the little coal dropping mummy has switched to simple glue (or banners about it at least). Don't even get me started on the mines! The mines usually drop tons of the stuff and I stay maxed even when crafting wisps. To get either 0, 1, or 2 from all four mines is NOT normal for this game.

They can say what they want, I do not believe that it is all random or just my perception when needed drops just completely dry up.
)

I just checked all my coal sources, none, zero, nada, zilch, nothing (and that's with a recently upgraded deep mine). I'm level 7 carriage

I guess I'll concentrate on the foxes and then figure out what to do tomorrow.

bobbyrae
09-26-17, 02:44 PM

On a positive note, I have enough feathers and cabbage roses, so most of the swans are stored and I have a robofox parked. Thankfully, wool isn't an issue thanks to my knights' habit of bringing stray sheep home from adventures. (At least I hope they are strays! O.O) And two living trees are keeping me from running out of living wood, but I'll have some major restocking to do.

The leaf drops dwindled considerably after reaching level 9. My advice to those still at lower levels is to stock up on as much coal, leaves and living wood as possible before leveling up. (Keep making thread, beams and blocks ahead, while the drops are still somewhat decent, for quick leveling later!)

I'm on level 7 carriage now and have been here since yesterday. Just can't get enough green
leaves or coal. Wool is fine for me since I collect from the alpacas. But coal & leaves are challenging. I'd love to pursue the craft fox goal but since I end up using all my energy just clearing bushes and chopping trees to get 3 or 4 leaves and slaying foxes to get only green roses, I doubt I can craft the fox.
And I do think that the drop rate is changed for events like these for any required resources to ...encourage...us to spend money on gems to complete in time.

ladlasse
09-26-17, 03:02 PM

The moon rock which had consistently been giving coal (even during this event) for the last couple days has only given glimmerdust - no coal. I have received coal from my mines although not as much or often (hope I didn't just jinx it), but the onyx balls are inconsistent. I went 10 collections with no coal and then I finally received a couple. I also have been getting fewer Ivy leaves per tree, but still getting enough to move forward.

Overall, this has been a good event for me. I don't find it taxing and I haven't used gems. I just try to work forward as much as possible. I'm on level 8 and just two cushions away from upgrading.

riverly
09-26-17, 03:07 PM
the craft for the compass will appear in the Magic Forge later... as Swanson in the meantime swallowed the heart stone and Henrick has to retrieve it by following him around to check what he 'leaves behind'is this for real? Don't ask me what I think it means. I won't even post it because it would probably be deleted.

SpiritWind00
09-26-17, 03:12 PM
Yes, probably a good idea not to go there! :)

Can't wait to get to goal 10!

riverly
09-26-17, 03:31 PM
Yes, probably a good idea not to go there! :)

Can't wait to get to goal 10!lol. Always the perfect diplomat!!!

PrincessCupOButter
09-26-17, 03:45 PM
I just checked all my coal sources, none, zero, nada, zilch, nothing (and that's with a recently upgraded deep mine). I'm level 7 carriage

I guess I'll concentrate on the foxes and then figure out what to do tomorrow.

I'm on level 7 carriage now and have been here since yesterday. Just can't get enough green
leaves or coal. Wool is fine for me since I collect from the alpacas. But coal & leaves are challenging. I'd love to pursue the craft fox goal but since I end up using all my energy just clearing bushes and chopping trees to get 3 or 4 leaves and slaying foxes to get only green roses, I doubt I can craft the fox.
And I do think that the drop rate is changed for events like these for any required resources to ...encourage...us to spend money on gems to complete in time.

Just checked my mines again. 2 sparkling and 2 deep, got a grand total of 2 lumps of coal. 3 onyx pearls - 1 coal. Even bad kids get more than that at Christmas. :(

2 sawmills - 0 living wood
16 bushes - 5 leaves.

Bobbyrae, I do believe you are correct. ;) (Good luck with that fox!)

But it's not working on me. In fact, it's having the opposite effect.....Not only am I NOT 'encouraged', I'm digging in and even more determined to not use one single gem on this event or one more thin dime on this game. I have said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, when I'm having fun and the prizes are worth it, I am happy to spend. But try to force me to do it and I'll super-glue the purse strings shut!

There's plenty of time left, so I'll probably finish the carriage, but if not...no biggie!

ashanthya
09-26-17, 03:52 PM
Psst...! The card for the non-dressed (nudist!) Swanson doesn't actually say "Swanson the swan! He's definitively not a goose!"

It says: "A pet goose, or as Henrick puts it, Swan, for Ivy."

And the dressed Swanson says: "A very dapper friend! Pet it to see what items it found for you!"

ladyperidot
09-26-17, 04:24 PM
Just checked my mines again. 2 sparkling and 2 deep, got a grand total of 2 lumps of coal. 3 onyx pearls - 1 coal. Even bad kids get more than that at Christmas. :(

2 sawmills - 0 living wood
16 bushes - 5 leaves.

Bobbyrae, I do believe you are correct. ;) (Good luck with that fox!)

But it's not working on me. In fact, it's having the opposite effect.....Not only am I NOT 'encouraged', I'm digging in and even more determined to not use one single gem on this event or one more thin dime on this game. I have said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, when I'm having fun and the prizes are worth it, I am happy to spend. But try to force me to do it and I'll super-glue the purse strings shut!

There's plenty of time left, so I'll probably finish the carriage, but if not...no biggie!

I've gotten one coal from my deep mines in the last two days. And, a couple of the foxes have not dropped either a rose or a token!

ladyperidot
09-26-17, 04:25 PM
Psst...! The card for the non-dressed (nudist!) Swanson doesn't actually say "Swanson the swan! He's definitively not a goose!"

And the dressed Swanson says: "A very dapper friend! Pet it to see what items it found for you!"

My first collection from the dressed Swanson..... eggs �� Really???

meme1098
09-26-17, 04:34 PM

Yea...this Henrick is no gentleman. Passing off a goose as a Swan! LOL! What a slimeball...lol.

EsmeW2
09-26-17, 05:09 PM
I've gotten one coal from my deep mines in the last two days. And, a couple of the foxes have not dropped either a rose or a token!

I don't believe there is any coal left in my deep mine, I've not seen any drops for a couple of days, and the sparkling mine isn't giving much either. I've had a few drops from the things which give coal occasionally but am mainly reduced to constant rock chopping - I'm producing resources for the hat now. Normally I'm maxed out on coal although my tinker camp is in constant wisp and wisp lamp production. I think this is the biggest reduction in the normal drop rates that I've seen and makes it all pretty hard for anyone without lots of energy sources because drop rates aren't good.

SpiritWind00
09-26-17, 08:11 PM

I'm glad you posted this. I had a line in "info" and then when I dressed him, (as I take screens shots of everything), I was second guessing myself about where I'd gotten the original info from! Might add both! :)

ladlasse
09-26-17, 08:42 PM
Hope everyone sees improvements in drop rates and can successfully complete this event without using gems. I am finding this enjoyable.

salmansh
09-26-17, 09:19 PM
My level 6 coal and deep mines not giving more than a few coals combined each collection. I got one coal from 17 chops while chopping a rock till I ran out of energy. Is it normal?

kattkrazie
09-26-17, 10:02 PM
My level 6 coal and deep mines not giving more than a few coals combined each collection. I got one coal from 17 chops while chopping a rock till I ran out of energy. Is it normal?

Yes, this is normal. My mines only drop a couple of coals with each collection. Sometimes one won’t drop any coal, but drops earth wisp instead which is fine with me. As for chopping rocks, there is no guaranteed amount of coal that will drop. Sometimes it will drop a few but then the next rock might drop 13-14 coal. All you can do is keep chopping. Drop rates go up and down for all materials. Good luck.

tartarosfalling
09-26-17, 10:21 PM
Has anyone else found that this event is making the game buggier than normal? Multiple times I've had it crash and when I reopened, I was down gems (who knows what it was accidentally spent on).

And just now, the game crashed, I reopened and I found that, somehow, there was a glimmer manticore being created in my mythic research center... I'm REALLY bummed. I'd been saving for a unicorn and was just one gold token away. And I fundamentally do NOT want any glimmer manticores -- they were literally last on my craft list -- the animals I'd only craft if I managed to make my way through *everything* else.

I've been avoiding writing support about the bugs so far this week, but this is hugely disappointing so I just did, but I don't know if they'll do anything.

tartarosfalling
09-26-17, 10:22 PM
Also yes, I have 2 level 6 deep mines, 1 level 6 mine, 1 level 5 mine and I'm getting maybe a handful of coal whenever I collect. Normally I get 3-8 per mine, not total :(

kattkrazie
09-26-17, 10:58 PM
Also yes, I have 2 level 6 deep mines, 1 level 6 mine, 1 level 5 mine and I'm getting maybe a handful of coal whenever I collect. Normally I get 3-8 per mine, not total :(

Then you have a very lucky kingdom. My mines drop 8 stones, but never 8 coal. The most coal I’ve ever gotten is 4 but 2 is the standard drop.

letf8b
09-26-17, 11:01 PM
I'm finding this event to be perfectly even as far as my drop rates. I have 15 bushes for leaves and after I tap them I chop an acer tree or two down. Then later I chop some iron rich rocks maybe 4 a day for extra iron, I'm finished with my pillows so don't need anymore iron. I'm level 9 going on to 10 tommarrow some time. I have 2 more blocks & beams to go. I don't speed up or buy gems. I do come on here and get the juicy dets from the great ppl that do gem ahead. So thanks again for that it helps tremendously. Bottom line this event is completely doable with out the use of gems. Even for low players because it's all in the chopping of trees and rocks. Oh yes my fox I got a few days back and it hasn't given me anything useful to the event at all. It took 3 days to get and I am really disappointed with drops but I love all the animals so it was a must. Haven't gotten anything from Swanson either except the jewel needed to complete the compass and a boyfriend for my google eye goose. Got wool from llamas and had 10 swan for feathers. Jewelers/5 for buttons. It worked for me. Good luck all have patience and you will get there. Thanks S8 for making this one doable without buying gems.

MoonVillage3
09-26-17, 11:11 PM
is this for real? Don't ask me what I think it means. I won't even post it because it would probably be deleted.
lol! I did try to choose decent words to be understood without saying it.
it's exactly what you're thinking! mind you step in it!!!

AinoDK
09-27-17, 12:36 AM
I've had a theory for a while. S8 states that they don't change drop rates during events, and I believe them. I think the drop rates are set to always depend on how many you have in inventory. If you normally have >90 of an item, the drop rate is high, but as you work through the event and your stock decreases, so does your chance of the item dropping.

This would also explain people each time saying hold back on upgrading and just collect the items you need, because the drop rate diminishes once you upgrade above level x.

deadpixel
09-27-17, 04:05 AM
Yes, this is normal. My mines only drop a couple of coals with each collection. Sometimes one won?t drop any coal, but drops earth wisp instead which is fine with me. As for chopping rocks, there is no guaranteed amount of coal that will drop. Sometimes it will drop a few but then the next rock might drop 13-14 coal. All you can do is keep chopping. Drop rates go up and down for all materials. Good luck.

I get pretty decent drop rates of coal from the rock outcroppings, however, I'm seeing increased appearances of dire boars too. The clearing of every rock outcropping will attract at least one or two of these boars. At its worse, I actually met up with 5 boars chopping just one rock outcropping.

mayennalee
09-27-17, 05:15 AM
I also had a bad drop rate from trees. I just collected from bushes since it wasn?t a good use of energy to grow the trees.

As for the fox, it?s normal to get mostly roses from them. And rarely, they drop nothing. You just have to keep on trying and the tokens will eventually drop. Sometimes I would get a token from every 3rd fox, but then it might take 6 foxes to get a token. There was no pattern to it at all. Good luck.

Thanks Katt, SW and PP for the info.
Sadly Im always in the 'rarely' camp. I can never ever finish an event without spending $$, and for this one, well the green fox is very cute but doesnt drop anything, so, im not spending as I dont want another walking bot, so I have stopped now.

My apologies for not coming back sooner too :)

bakerygame99
09-27-17, 05:34 AM
Why is it dressed Swanson no more dropping dye? Every collection now is just egg.

MoonVillage3
09-27-17, 05:46 AM
Why is it dressed Swanson no more dropping dye? Every collection now is just egg.
Swanson has never dropped dye for me.. always eggs, golden too, but eggs.
would be handy if some dye dropped.
or it's random rotation of drops taking their turn.. or it was a mistake to drop dye. he's so cute anyway I really don't mind what he drops. at the moment he's pulling Ivy's carriage.. he's just the right size.

MoonVillage3
09-27-17, 05:48 AM
I get pretty decent drop rates of coal from the rock outcroppings, however, I'm seeing increased appearances of dire boars too. The clearing of every rock outcropping will attract at least one or two of these boars. At its worse, I actually met up with 5 boars chopping just one rock outcropping.
place a forest fox when you have to chop.. they're quite easy to spawn and eliminates all other monsters.

hagypagy
09-27-17, 07:43 AM
I've had a theory for a while. S8 states that they don't change drop rates during events, and I believe them. I think the drop rates are set to always depend on how many you have in inventory. If you normally have >90 of an item, the drop rate is high, but as you work through the event and your stock decreases, so does your chance of the item dropping.

This would also explain people each time saying hold back on upgrading and just collect the items you need, because the drop rate diminishes once you upgrade above level x.

Yeah i agree!!
I have a similar theory ... That drop rates decrease if your inventory drops below 20 of that item.

ktorewqas
09-27-17, 08:40 AM
lol! I did try to choose decent words to be understood without saying it.
it's exactly what you're thinking! mind you step in it!!!

Yeah, that part made me laughed so hard and ewwwww ;)

Den8137259
09-27-17, 09:27 AM
Hi all, may I know if I could dress up any swan, not just swan-son? ★

Cos the magic forge registers as 1 swan be it a normal or a swan-son , ty ★

bobbyrae
09-27-17, 09:55 AM

Have you stored Swanson? He must be in storage to dress him.

LuluBellax
09-27-17, 12:05 PM
Flyger pups are great source of coal.

e_likes_apples
09-27-17, 12:25 PM
Just had a forest fox spawn from an old log... that was a surprise! And gave me a token, too!

bobbyrae
09-27-17, 12:45 PM
Just had a forest fox spawn from an old log... that was a surprise! And gave me a token, too!

Yes someone had posted earlier that old logs spawn foxes as well. I've added them to the mix and usually get a fox on the first chop. Maybe this tip about the old logs could be added to page 1?

MoonVillage3
09-27-17, 02:15 PM

Normal swans can't be dressed.. I tried that before dressing Swanson.
The normal swan doesn't tick off.. only Swanson.

PrincessCupOButter
09-27-17, 02:25 PM
Flyger pups are great source of coal.

Thanks for posting this! I had been ignoring mine. Just got 2 coal each from them!! Better drops than the mines have had lately. Lol

SpiritWind00
09-27-17, 02:28 PM
All post relating to helping player planetyarnia have been moved to the bugs forum. Thanks for all helping! I've escalated it to S8. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101013-Heart-of-Stone-goal-not-completing

Anyone else had this issue?

Rosethornshurt
09-27-17, 04:58 PM
I was working on Goal 9, all I had left was upgrading the carriage to level 9. I already dressed Swanson and even collected from him once and got the Stone of Heart. Everything except upgrading the carriage was checked off in goal 9.
So, I'm fighting a fox and the game does it's little glitchy jump back thing and I have to start over fighting my fox, no biggie, used to this. However, before I can begin fighting the fox again, dialogue starts between Ruler and Henrick. The Swanson goose swallows the stone and the doodie hunt begins. Ok, so I check my goal book and I'm now on goal 10. But, I never finished goal 9. I still need 4 each of the Ivy Blocks and Beams to upgrade the carriage to level 9.
Short story long, should I be concerned? Did I do something I shouldn't have (like collecting from Swanson early) that could mess me up? Is this a new normal I'm not used to? I thought I'd read every post here but I'm a bit confused on this.
Thank you SW and all those who forge ahead and share you're knowledge. I'm most grateful!

Slrasnake1
09-27-17, 05:15 PM
I was working on Goal 9, all I had left was upgrading the carriage to level 9. I already dressed Swanson and even collected from him once and got the Stone of Heart. Everything except upgrading the carriage was checked off in goal 9.
So, I'm fighting a fox and the game does it's little glitchy jump back thing and I have to start over fighting my fox, no biggie, used to this. However, before I can begin fighting the fox again, dialogue starts between Ruler and Henrick. The Swanson goose swallows the stone and the doodie hunt begins. Ok, so I check my goal book and I'm now on goal 10. But, I never finished goal 9. I still need 4 each of the Ivy Blocks and Beams to upgrade the carriage to level 9.
Short story long, should I be concerned? Did I do something I shouldn't have (like collecting from Swanson early) that could mess me up? Is this a new normal I'm not used to? I thought I'd read every post here but I'm a bit confused on this.
Thank you SW and all those who forge ahead and share you're knowledge. I'm most grateful!

The exact same thing just happened to me so I came here to see what's going on. Not sure what the point is since I still have to upgrade to lvl 9 before I can complete the last goal. Way too many glitches lately. If only my carriage had auto upgraded to go along with auto completing the goal. That would have been awesome. What am I thinking tbough, S8 would just take it back anyway. Can't have glitches that help players.

cavegirl1
09-27-17, 05:15 PM

I just had this same thing happen to me as soon as I opened the game, it started the dialogue etc., so I jumped on here to see if others experienced it.

I am presuming I can still just upgrade to 9 and then complete this step. Will see.

bobbyrae
09-27-17, 05:22 PM
Hopefully no gems were accidentally lost in the glitchiness of this game. :rolleyes:

fhyffddh
09-27-17, 05:37 PM
I just had this same thing happen to me as soon as I opened the game, it started the dialogue etc., so I jumped on here to see if others experienced it.

I am presuming I can still just upgrade to 9 and then complete this step. Will see.

Same thing happened to me, and I am on the same level carriage as you all, and upgrading to level 9 was all I had left to do for the goal. I am now on Level 10 of the goals but carriage is on Level 8. No real impact on things since I still need to upgrade to level 9 - just odd.

riverly
09-27-17, 06:15 PM
Same thing happened in my game. Carriage on level 8, and just needing beam and block to get to level 9. Dialogue popped up. I'm assuming all will be ok.

Still on L8 carriage, but forge of the compass is opened up in forge. I wonder if I can go ahead and do that.

madameleota13
09-27-17, 06:39 PM
Same thing happened to me. Carriage on level 8 working towards 9 but goal now shows upgrade carriage to Lv 10.

calicokittennope
09-27-17, 06:40 PM
Same, woke up from a nap to see the dialog up on screen.

I'm carriage level 8 and need still before level 9:
2 beams
1 block
2 cushions

and that somehow skipped (and not with gems cause I only have 8 cause it stole the rest because we need a confirmation button grrr) while I was asleep to some super funny and grody commentary lol

So whatever the reward was for it I don't know if I got it. My quest is on the last dot now.

Henrick is too pushy, he can go live with that angry toad that won't stop attacking me.

SpiritWind00
09-27-17, 09:08 PM
same here. I think that bc of the fix just put through for the player having issues with the heart of stone that somehow goal 9 skipped. I'll let Pika know, but it is more than likely ok. I'm still a few things away from crafting so I won't know for a while if there are any ramifications.

Please post if something goes horribly wrong once you upgrade the carriage if that was all that was left to do in that goal. Cheers! :)

deadpixel
09-27-17, 10:31 PM
Me too! Me to! :cool:

So it IS a glitch. When I saw the dialogue open up I was hoping the glitch would have also put my carriage at level 9; no luck there though :p. Had to do it the regular way.

Queenzod
09-27-17, 10:55 PM
How many collections until Swanson poops out this stone? I've done 6 now and no stone.

Den8137259
09-27-17, 11:20 PM
Normal swans can't be dressed.. I tried that before dressing Swanson.
The normal swan doesn't tick off.. only Swanson.

Thanks MoonVillage3, and bobbyrae (:

yes it doesn't allow the dressing to commence if a normal swan is used. ★

hagypagy
09-27-17, 11:33 PM
All finished now.
Only took 7 days not 14.
No gems spent.

Most players should be able to finish this one off easily.

Ivy's Carriage better have some nice drops.

AinoDK
09-28-17, 12:40 AM
I only need a few more beams and blocks to be done too, including souveniers, but I have slowed down and am now using my energy on other stuff too. No gems spent. I also want a second fox before I upgrade.

Thanks S8 for making this one easy, albeit not so interesting.

GlvtenFree
09-28-17, 02:00 AM
i was wondering if anyone else wishes we could get the size of all these new swans scaled down to match our bride and groom swans from a previous event. they are very big either way in mu opinion

jesslau9
09-28-17, 02:22 AM
I don't want a walker so I stopped upgrading the carriage at level 5.

I've a total of 27 green roses and 15 tokens and crafted my fox. meaning i've fought like 45-ish foxes,give or take 3 foxes that dropped nothing.:rolleyes:

MoonVillage3
09-28-17, 02:54 AM
How many collections until Swanson poops out this stone? I've done 6 now and no stone.
I got mine on the first collection.. very rapid. haven't read about problems on this drop on the forum pages, but that was before the fix. maybe other players can add their frequency too.

HuckleTown
09-28-17, 03:49 AM
Yeah i agree!!
I have a similar theory ... That drop rates decrease if your inventory drops below 20 of that item.

Hmmm, different games again ;): I decided to store my Ivy leaves and keep my inventory around 40. My drop rate from bushes is 30% or less from 22 bushes.

It's going to take a lot of energy to get the 352 more Ivy leaves that I need :|. On a positive note, leaves, coal and wool are the only resources I have left to gather. I'm 1 block and 2 beams from upgrading to level 8 (I could make them now but will spend today hoarding ivy, it's not like upgrading the carriage quickly helps to complete the goal, also disappointed that Swanson and the fox don't help with the ivy)

Looking forward to storing my swans once I get 5 more feathers.

PrincessCupOButter
09-28-17, 04:29 AM
:eek: Swanson just dropped another stone of heart! I have already crafted the compass, and the option to craft it is still gone, but I now have a souvenir stone of heart. There's hope for the collectors out there! (Inventory limit is still one.)

Ps. @Queenzod, it took me at least 3 or 4 collections to get the first stone.

Ps.s. For the record, he just tossed it to me! I wasn't digging around in that other stuff. :p

Galadraal
09-28-17, 04:58 AM
I got the heart stone but the game reset not just once but TWICE and I had to wait to collect from Swanson again but since he already dropped the heart stone I can?t get a second and the goal hasn?t gone away even it?s been a full day almost and the compass is crafted. I still need quite a few Ivy blocks and beams. S8 please fix this glitch

PrincessCupOButter
09-28-17, 05:03 AM
I got the heart stone but the game reset not just once but TWICE and I had to wait to collect from Swanson again but since he already dropped the heart stone I can?t get a second and the goal hasn?t gone away even it?s been a full day almost and the compass is crafted. I still need quite a few Ivy blocks and beams. S8 please fix this glitch

It is a known glitch. Try posting here:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101013-Heart-of-Stone-goal-not-completing

In the meantime, keep collecting from Swanson, he may drop another stone, and it might complete the goal. I didn't have the glitch, but I got a second stone this morning.
(You may want to send a pm to SW or Pika too!)

calicokittennope
09-28-17, 05:09 AM
I had the 8-toward-9 glitch last night, just now I upgraded from 8 to 9, looks like there are no problems. No repeated dialogues at least.

ladyperidot
09-28-17, 06:59 AM
For those of you with crafted forest foxes, are they dropping anything? I'm only getting 1 star/experience point. It's not giving me any black flags saying I'm maxed on anything

HuckleTown
09-28-17, 07:11 AM
For those of you with crafted forest foxes, are they dropping anything? I'm only getting 1 star/experience point. It's not giving me any black flags saying I'm maxed on anything

I received 1 wheat. Won't be collecting again unless someone reports differently or I find all my ivy, coal and wool.

ladyperidot
09-28-17, 07:13 AM
I received 1 wheat. Won't be collecting again unless someone reports differently or I find all my ivy, coal and wool.

Thx, I'll put him/her/it on the back burner, can't afford to waste energy right now

peacenlovegirl
09-28-17, 08:11 AM
Following post number 402 on page 41

Totally agree with your theory! I was <40 on coal and not a single source was dropping it. So I began chopping rocks and reached >70. Since then coal is dropping from mines and other sources normally. Big thank!

Btw, my Swanson just dropped an orange dye :)

riverly
09-28-17, 08:13 AM
I also got 2nd stone of heart. My first one is in the forge being used for the compass. Now I'm afraid to collect the compass, wondering what could go wrong.

My carriage is still at level 8.
I hope the 2nd stone doesn't get taken away from me.

Nikospets
09-28-17, 08:18 AM
Hmmm, different games again ;): I decided to store my Ivy leaves and keep my inventory around 40. My drop rate from bushes is 30% or less from 22 bushes.

It's going to take a lot of energy to get the 352 more Ivy leaves that I need :|. On a positive note, leaves, coal and wool are the only resources I have left to gather. I'm 1 block and 2 beams from upgrading to level 8 (I could make them now but will spend today hoarding ivy, it's not like upgrading the carriage quickly helps to complete the goal, also disappointed that Swanson and the fox don't help with the ivy)

Looking forward to storing my swans once I get 5 more feathers.

I just chopped 2 Acer trees and only received 4 Ivy leaves and the bushes have even a lower drop rate. So after reading your comment at least I don't feel alone. I am going to try your theory and see if it works for me!

EsmeW2
09-28-17, 09:30 AM

I got the black full up sign on first collection - for sugar cane, and then a wheat on the second.

Yup, he needs to go in a corner to see what happens at the end of the event, but I can feel the storage beckoning for him and for Swanson (eggs). Would have been great if they'd dropped something remotely useful during the event!

luckylu98
09-28-17, 10:06 AM
Hope someone can help me find my Swanson! Apparently I placed him in my kingdom where I cannot see him. I'm at the "dress Swanson" part of Ivy's Former Flame, and I can't find him to place him in the Storage Cellar. Oh where, oh where could he be. He's not in inventory either. Help, please!

riverly
09-28-17, 10:27 AM
Hope someone can help me find my Swanson! Apparently I placed him in my kingdom where I cannot see him. I'm at the "dress Swanson" part of Ivy's Former Flame, and I can't find him to place him in the Storage Cellar. Oh where, oh where could he be. He's not in inventory either. Help, please!when I get into that situation, what I do is put the game on edit mode, and start moving things around. I've uncovered things I didn't even knew I had such as benches or old logs.

Andro45
09-28-17, 11:00 AM
My flyger cub just gave 2 coal.

I was planning on quitting the event, but I want a dressed swanson, so I'm plodding along. I need 50 more ivy leaves to upgrade. I really don't trust that Henrick, he look untrustworthy (nice word) and slippery. That smile...I want a fox too, but that won't be a problem, I just need 4 more tokens.

kattkrazie
09-28-17, 11:09 AM
Hope someone can help me find my Swanson! Apparently I placed him in my kingdom where I cannot see him. I'm at the "dress Swanson" part of Ivy's Former Flame, and I can't find him to place him in the Storage Cellar. Oh where, oh where could he be. He's not in inventory either. Help, please!

Swanson is by Ivy’s Magic Nursery hanging out with some swans. :rolleyes:

riverly
09-28-17, 11:19 AM
Swanson is by Ivy’s Magic Nursery hanging out with some swans. :rolleyes:lol. He knows that they're not swans!! Or maybe he really thinks he's a swan. At this point I don't know what's what's.

kattkrazie
09-28-17, 11:31 AM
lol. He knows that they're not swans!! Or maybe he really thinks he's a swan. At this point I don't know what's what's.

Since the dialogue stated that he’s definitely not a goose, he’s a goose. Poor Swanson.

bobbyrae
09-28-17, 11:40 AM
I just chopped 2 Acer trees and only received 4 Ivy leaves and the bushes have even a lower drop rate. So after reading your comment at least I don't feel alone. I am going to try your theory and see if it works for me!
I decided growing Acer trees just was not worth the energy so I chopped my last acer and then put out more bushes. I now have 15 bushes and find that the drop rate for bushes isn't that awful. It's about the same as trees. Before I thought the bushes to have a horrible drop rate. Mind over matter? Maybe. The trees do give you both living wood and wood though, so there's that benefit.
I find I have to split up the various tasks. So today I'm focusing on getting leaves and coal. Yesterday I focused on getting green roses. I feel like I'm utilizing my energy more effectively when I stay focused like that. Otherwise I feel like I'm never getting enough of anything. :-/

riverly
09-28-17, 11:48 AM
Since the dialogue stated that he’s definitely not a goose, he’s a goose. Poor Swanson.well he's definitely got some self identity issues, but he's strutting his stuff in that hat and shirt.

Anaboe
09-28-17, 11:56 AM
I've collected from dresses Swanson a couple of times now, but it doesn't drop the Stone of Heart.

Has this happened to other players too?

RevdKathy
09-28-17, 12:14 PM
I've collected from dresses Swanson a couple of times now, but it doesn't drop the Stone of Heart.

I haven't managed to get the heart. How long do we have to follow him for?

luckylu98
09-28-17, 12:14 PM
Swanson is by Ivy?s Magic Nursery hanging out with some swans. :rolleyes:

Thank you SO MUCH! I didn't recognize him all grown up--he looked just like the swans. I was looking for a little yellow duck.

jbfps116
09-28-17, 01:52 PM
wow this event was easy. the ONLY gems or money I spent was the FUN energy pack. finished already

eam13
09-28-17, 02:18 PM
Oh, where, oh, where have my resources gone? Oh where, oh where could they be?
The ivy, the coal, and my roses, too .. where, oh where could they be!??

I’m dying over here ... my rates have plummeted! I’m so close to done and I worry I won’t make it!!

Destiel0918
09-28-17, 02:38 PM
Actually enjoyable event- WOW.!

eastie41
09-28-17, 02:40 PM
FYI

I just finished the quest. I had to force quit the game a couple of times for Henrick to appear on my game. I like him!

karak71
09-28-17, 02:54 PM
I haven't been as good about playing this time. I hope I finish. I hate being sick :(

HuckleTown
09-28-17, 04:26 PM
I decided growing Acer trees just was not worth the energy so I chopped my last acer and then put out more bushes. I now have 15 bushes and find that the drop rate for bushes isn't that awful. It's about the same as trees. Before I thought the bushes to have a horrible drop rate. Mind over matter? Maybe. The trees do give you both living wood and wood though, so there's that benefit.
I find I have to split up the various tasks. So today I'm focusing on getting leaves and coal. Yesterday I focused on getting green roses. I feel like I'm utilizing my energy more effectively when I stay focused like that. Otherwise I feel like I'm never getting enough of anything. :-/

Except for feeling Acer trees are worth it for replenishing wood (so not sole source, I usually do 4 or 5 per day) I proceed the same way. I'm pretty much left with Ivy now (278 left to go). Although I'll have to craft some ivy blocks so I can chop rocks to find coal without wasting all the rocks.

bfsmith
09-28-17, 04:49 PM

8th collection. No Stone of Heart!. I believe if I had the ability Swanson would be in a frozen dinner.

ninjalejones
09-28-17, 05:12 PM
My Swanson was constipated for over a day but he eventually gave it up.

Anaboe
09-28-17, 05:15 PM
Ok, so random drop. Great. For such an important item...

HuckleTown
09-28-17, 06:20 PM
My Swanson was constipated for over a day but he eventually gave it up.

So I should start to collect from Swanson as soon as he's dressed, not wait until I'm on goal 10?

tartarosfalling
09-28-17, 06:30 PM
I'm about to dress Swanson but I'm getting really concerned about the drops in this game. I just collected from FOUR mines (three level 6 and one level 5) and got NO COAL! o.o

calicokittennope
09-28-17, 06:44 PM
I thought I'd have my shadow lynx pull the cart but instead he's giving me this look of "I'm gonna eat that later." also he's too 2x2 so I can't line him up :(

So poor delicate swan of all swans, Swanson has to do the work! Swan!

I'd like to see Old Thom figure out how to get in and out of this carriage. That would be amazing to watch lol

When I can't sleep due to chronic pain I move my animals around to make me laugh. :)

1knitter
09-28-17, 07:07 PM
Yes. Mine dropped while I was on goal 9.

ETA this was in reply to HuckleTown

MoonVillage3
09-28-17, 09:47 PM
So I should start to collect from Swanson as soon as he's dressed, not wait until I'm on goal 10?
start right away.. it may take a few collections before it's found. mine dropped long before the compass craft appeared. it's kept in your inventory till needed.

MoonVillage3
09-28-17, 10:07 PM
I thought I'd have my shadow lynx pull the cart but instead he's giving me this look of "I'm gonna eat that later." also he's too 2x2 so I can't line him up :(

So poor delicate swan of all swans, Swanson has to do the work! Swan!

I'd like to see Old Thom figure out how to get in and out of this carriage. That would be amazing to watch lol

When I can't sleep due to chronic pain I move my animals around to make me laugh. :)

I lined mine up with Swanson too. the carriage size 1x2 is different from the usual 2x2 so needs only 1 animal to pull it. Swanson was perfect for the job.. all in theme.
this carriage reminds me of Cinderella's pumpkin carriage.. she had mice before they were transformed into white horses. can't fit in the 6 white horses Cinderella had.. so I settled for her handsome gift Swanson.

ShibuyaCloth
09-28-17, 10:48 PM
Did someone get a 3rd stone? I have 2 compasses pending in my forges.

AinoDK
09-29-17, 04:01 AM
Did someone get a 3rd stone? I have 2 compasses pending in my forges.

Not yet, but I've had a compass waiting for a couple of days in my forge, crafted using a stone that dropped while on level 8, and just now a second stone dropped. I immediately started a second compass. I will hold back on collecting and upgrading right up to expiration if required hoping to see a third stone.

Dragosle
09-29-17, 06:25 AM
Well... it's kinda late to ask this but...

Between Bushes and plant-chopping tree to collect Ivy Leaves, which one is more efficient :confused:

HuckleTown
09-29-17, 06:33 AM

Between Bushes and plant-chopping tree to collect Ivy Leaves, which one is more efficient :confused:

I use a combination, neither yields more than 30% for me so the acer trees give me wood and living wood while the bushes are used when no trees have "matured" or I'm just spending the day collecting Ivy (255 to go...and today my find rate is 20 percent, thank goodness for the 1 ivy. Ivy's hut gives....1 Ivy that's unacceptable )

Anaboe
09-29-17, 06:56 AM
So the Stone Heart still eludes me... And you can't even buy it with gems. Watisdeze?

riverly
09-29-17, 07:39 AM
So the Stone Heart still eludes me... And you can't even buy it with gems. Watisdeze?could this be a glitch? Some players are getting 2 stones and you can't get your first. Doesn't smell right. And I don't mean Swanson's business.

storiadelcastello
09-29-17, 08:10 AM
Finished the game yesterday, no gems used. But really, the carriage still gives ivy leaves. Hendricks is walking around looking shady and the fox gives really common items. I do like Swanson gives eggs and often a dye. But what a lot of resources for nothing. Now I have to re stock coal which has become really rare and living wood. Very disapointed! I won't bother making another fox, my fox has plenty of other fox like companions. What's with the size of the animals. The fox, Swanson and swans are all much bigger than other ones in the game any way to get S8 reduce them to normal size?
Good luck to everyone still struggling to get resources, I wouldn't stress it as the rewards are not worth even a couple of gems.

riverly
09-29-17, 09:17 AM

Between Bushes and plant-chopping tree to collect Ivy Leaves, which one is more efficient :confused:I've found that the bush is a more efficient way to get ivy especially if you have a living tree or 2. I don't waste energy growing a tree and I use the quick collect on my 13 bushes.
To do quick collect, tap on all bushes and then swipe down your notification screen. And then swipe it back up. This saves time and to me it seems I get better drops.

PrincessCupOButter
09-29-17, 11:02 AM
Finished the game yesterday, no gems used. But really, the carriage still gives ivy leaves. Hendricks is walking around looking shady and the fox gives really common items. I do like Swanson gives eggs and often a dye. But what a lot of resources for nothing. Now I have to re stock coal which has become really rare and living wood. Very disapointed! I won't bother making another fox, my fox has plenty of other fox like companions. What's with the size of the animals. The fox, Swanson and swans are all much bigger than other ones in the game any way to get S8 reduce them to normal size?
Good luck to everyone still struggling to get resources, I wouldn't stress it as the rewards are not worth even a couple of gems.

I too finished without using one gem!!

I kinda like ol' Henrick. He's definitely shady (taking credit for that carriage after we did all the work!), but at least he's got more personality than poor boring, simple Stanley.

S8 has been very quiet about what, if anything the carriage will drop. But I'm reserving judgement on it's worth, because the actual drops usually don't start until after the event ends.

Totally agree about the size of the animals! Swanson is as big as the Pheffernot donk....err...pony. And the swans are giants! There is not rhyme or reason the the scale of the animals in this game. In my experience, beagles are usually bigger than Shih Tzus. And geese aren't the size of horses. ;)

Ps. My villagers hit a vein of coal immediately after the last coach cushion was crafted. Suddenly the mines are producing tremendous amounts! I've already maxed out again. Amazing!! :rolleyes:

HuckleTown
09-29-17, 02:37 PM
PCOB: I am shocked (sarcasm) that your resources are spewing loads of coal now that you no longer need it...

Drop rates aren't adjusted (ok, because I haven't used coal in days and I'm no where near full). :|

Anobe: I've been collecting from dressed Swanson for 9 hours now, no heart of stone for me either. We'll see if it arrives tomorrow.

bobbyrae
09-29-17, 02:59 PM
PCOB: I am shocked (sarcasm) that your resources are spewing loads of coal now that you no longer need it...

Drop rates aren't adjusted (ok, because I haven't used coal in days and I'm no where near full). :|

Anobe: I've been collecting from dressed Swanson for 9 hours now, no heart of stone for me either. We'll see if it arrives tomorrow.

Just got my heart of stone. I just leveled up to carriage 9 this morning. I had not been clicking on Swanson before that though. Just had him parked. I also have not crafted a fox as yet. I wonder if crafting the fox slows down the heart?

FrostedThings
09-29-17, 03:40 PM
I've been playing without really trying and have a level 8 carriage, dressed Swanson, and the fox so far. I don't know if I even want this skeevy looking archer.

After getting burned from the last event, I just don't really care about this game anymore. S8 obviously doesn't want my money because they keep screwing me over, so they won't get it.

Another boring event with boring, predictable animals dropping boring, predictable items.

confuzzled88
09-29-17, 04:02 PM
even though i have dressed swanson he only drops eggs

confuzzled88
09-29-17, 04:03 PM
I am struggling for coal, its delaying me alot.

HuckleTown
09-29-17, 07:06 PM
The good: Ivy just gave me 2 ivy leaves
The bad: I need 209 more Ivy leaves
The ugly: These giant swan geese are freaking me out

cavegirl1
09-29-17, 09:40 PM
I only need a few more beams and blocks to be done too, including souveniers, but I have slowed down and am now using my energy on other stuff too. No gems spent. I also want a second fox before I upgrade.

Thanks S8 for making this one easy, albeit not so interesting.

In a similar situation and with similar feelings. Sitting on lvl 9, with just blocks and beams needed. Decided to go for a second fox first and got that today. Now will decide whether I bother to try and get to lvl 10.

I like to look of the carriage at both levels and don't care about getting Henrick.

I think there is a difference between making events achievable and making them boring, with uninspiring prizes, and I don't think S8 have got that right yet. Just my opinion, of course :)

Irma_Isle
09-29-17, 10:17 PM
Not yet, but I've had a compass waiting for a couple of days in my forge, crafted using a stone that dropped while on level 8, and just now a second stone dropped. I immediately started a second compass. I will hold back on collecting and upgrading right up to expiration if required hoping to see a third stone.

Please info here if you get your third stone. Tq

calicokittennope
09-29-17, 10:35 PM
How do I put Swanson in storage? He is in Inventory now. I can't get the magic forge to allow me to dress him.

Mine got stuck too but here's how I got him dressed:

I had to take Swanson out of inventory (that is storage)
Then set him out on display undressed
Then exit edit mode and then re-enter edit mode
Then pick him up back into inventory/storage
Then I could dress him in the magic forge (I might have clicked in the quest book though I forget, the dress him option)
Only after I had both his suit and hat though, prior to that I couldn't.

I think it's really funny we shove him into the oven just to dress him.

MoonVillage3
09-29-17, 11:23 PM
Just got my heart of stone. I just leveled up to carriage 9 this morning. I had not been clicking on Swanson before that though. Just had him parked. I also have not crafted a fox as yet. I wonder if crafting the fox slows down the heart?
I got another Heart of Stone this morning from dressed Swanson.. but I've finished the event about 2 days ago, which is no longer in the guide book. So.. this is the situation after event, which has not expired yet.
..Carriage is level 10
..Swanson is dressed
..No compass craft in Magic Forge
..2 Forest Foxes crafted (and 1 parked for convenience)
..Feathers still dropping from normal Swans
..Ivy leaves still dropping from bushes/Ivy's Hut
..Fox craft still available in Trade Wagon
..Fox still spawned from chopping dead tree/old log
..Fox still drop Green Roses
..Fox still drop Fox Tokens

tuffyjkitten
09-29-17, 11:50 PM
I have one swan that has yet to give me a feather. Random drops are one thing but really....that one has never dropped one over the entire course of the event so far. And none of the so-called sources of coal give coal except for rocks and mines occasionally. All I get from dragons and such is iron. :mad: Other than that I don't mind this event.

Irma_Isle
09-29-17, 11:50 PM
I got another Heart of Stone this morning from dressed Swanson.. but I've finished the event about 2 days ago, which is no longer in the guide book. So.. this is the situation after event, which has not expired yet.
..Carriage is level 10
..Swanson is dressed

So you have two extra stone heart now? Or you finish without extra and this is your extra. And did you craft extra compass? And the option to craft ivy beam and ivy block still on the workshop due ivy leaves still drop from bushes?

Irma_Isle
09-29-17, 11:55 PM
I am struggling for coal, its delaying me alot.

There are some suggestion from pages before that the drop chance in better if you have more than 40 of that item in the invetory. I try that and somehow it works. I hold my coal and ivy leaves to always 40 or more and my drop rates are increase. Thank you anyone who figured this out. It may work on next event as well.

Andro45
09-30-17, 02:00 AM
It's still not clear what the carriage drops after the event?

I'm at level 8 now and wanted to stop earlier, but had to go on because I wanted the dressed swanson. I'm not really motivated to go any further and the lack of information on the carriage drops isn't helping much.

scotslassuk
09-30-17, 02:13 AM
I honestly think S8 have forgot we have lives outside of this game!! I'm really struggling with these random drops and after seeing what I still need I doubt very much I will be able to complete this event!!😡I've just abt got level8 covered and its very unfair that after all the work I won't get Henrick. I will not be purchasing gems as no doubt the option will pop up to buy him after event is finished! Random drops are one thing but when your growing and then chopping to get 4leaves per tree it becomes frustrating. The bushes are useless to me anyway, I get 3leaves per 10watering!! Another unfair event I don't know how ppl complete unless they are using gems and I refuse to "Pay to Play😡. Anyway gd luck all I certainly need it!!

MoonVillage3
09-30-17, 04:33 AM
So you have two extra stone heart now? Or you finish without extra and this is your extra. And did you craft extra compass? And the option to craft ivy beam and ivy block still on the workshop due ivy leaves still drop from bushes?

I have 1 heart stone in inventory as I did compass craft with the first heart stone I found at 1st drop.
so.. finished without extra heart stone.. the 2nd dropped today, after finished event.
options in work shop disappeared at conclusion of event even if leaves, feathers still dropping.
I'll post if a 3rd heart stone drops as I collect from Swanson frequently.

AinoDK
09-30-17, 04:40 AM
..Carriage is level 10
..Swanson is dressed

So sounds like I can collect my two compasses, upgrade the carriage and it won't ruin my chances for getting a stone to keep

(yes, I know, it's pathetic that collecting souveniers is becoming my prime goal of continuing playing)

PrincessCelestian
09-30-17, 05:45 AM
I honestly think S8 have forgot we have lives outside of this game!! I'm really struggling with these random drops and after seeing what I still need I doubt very much I will be able to complete this event!!😡I've just abt got level8 covered and its very unfair that after all the work I won't get Henrick. I will not be purchasing gems as no doubt the option will pop up to buy him after event is finished! Random drops are one thing but when your growing and then chopping to get 4leaves per tree it becomes frustrating. The bushes are useless to me anyway, I get 3leaves per 10watering!! Another unfair event I don't know how ppl complete unless they are using gems and I refuse to "Pay to Play😡. Anyway gd luck all I certainly need it!!

I don't ever remember them offering a walking character for money or gems after the event is over. So if you are willing to spend gems to get him, I would spend them to complete the event. This is the first walker they have offered since the Halloween witch last year because so many players got upset over too many new walkers. Crazy considering we begged for them and then when s8 gave them to us, people starting freaking that there were too many. Anyway. So if you want hendrick, best to spend gems to finish the event. Unless my memory is mistaken I have never seen characters offered again once the event is done. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

PrincessCelestian
09-30-17, 05:52 AM
In a similar situation and with similar feelings. Sitting on lvl 9, with just blocks and beams needed. Decided to go for a second fox first and got that today. Now will decide whether I bother to try and get to lvl 10.

I like to look of the carriage at both levels and don't care about getting Henrick.

I think there is a difference between making events achievable and making them boring, with uninspiring prizes, and I don't think S8 have got that right yet. Just my opinion, of course :)

Oh I think they have. They just haven't managed to get it right for every event. And honestly, considering the desires of the players are constantly changing (I.e. We scream for some thing and then once we have it a time or two we are screaming for sir thing different), I don't think they ever will get it right for every event. The birthday event was great for me but cr*p for most players. This event was boring and easy for me (finished in 6 days) but I can see how it would be energy draining and challenging for a lot players to the point of discouraging. I think that S8 will always be walking a fine line between veteran players and newer players with their events. And it will never make all of us happy