PDA

View Full Version : Farmer's Market County Fair - 14 Sep 2017 (POLL ADDED)

judyandthecat
09-14-17, 05:35 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38297

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248484&viewfull=1#post1248484

Getting Started
This is a 10 days event. Day 1 starts when you click start. Subsequent days start at game reset time, midnight California time. Complete all 10 days to win the Grand Prize.

Event Prizes
Your event prizes may vary according to farm levels.

Day 1 requires 60 gems - Harvest Crate
Day 2 requires 120 gems - Coins
Day 3 requires 180 gems - Fall Produce Cart
Day 4 requires 240 gems - Harvest Haystack
Day 5 requires 300 gems - Barn Upgrade Items
Day 6 requires 360 gems - Fall Market Sign
Day 7 requires 420 gems - Silo Upgrade Items
Day 8 requires 480 gems - Farmer's Truck
Day 9 requires 525 gems - Golden Lure
Day 10 requires 600 gems - Farmer's Cat
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar upon completion of each goal day.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38298

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Fair Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248484&viewfull=1#post1248484) on how event boosts work.
Scarecrow boost
Pumpkin fire pit boost

Goals (if any)
Goal 1 of ?: (Goal title)
(Task caption)
REWARDS:

Goal 2 of ?: (Goal title)
(Task caption)
REWARDS:

(INSERT GOALS SCREENS)
(USE SPOILER IF THERE ARE MANY)

Side Goal (optional) (if any)
(Goal title)
(Task caption)
REWARDS:

(INSERT SIDE GOAL SCREEN)

judyandthecat
09-14-17, 06:07 PM
My advice for new players start making items that take a long time.
Fill those machines.
These prizes are from a previous event and I have put them out on my farm if anyone wants to see how nice they are.

Farm Name: Feline Retreat
Add me: judyandthecat

Will I go for the same cat...darn right.
My only wish is that the team would let us have more cat habitats or increase the number of cats in each habitat.

Rynetory2
09-14-17, 11:37 PM
Will I go for the same cat...darn right.
My only wish is that the team would let us have more cat habitats or increase the number of cats in each habitat.

Ditto for all of above. :) I'm working for this same cat but unfortunately he will join his twin in my storage.

Thanks for starting thread and updating the event information for us. :)

Rynetory2
09-14-17, 11:38 PM
Looks like there may be some changes in our daily fair values... I have 60 gems instead of our usual previous 75 gems for Day 1.

Day 1 requires 75 gems - 60 gems
Day 2 requires 150 gems - 120 gems
Day 3 requires 200 gems - 180 gems
Day 4 requires 250 gems - 240 gems
Day 5 requires 250 gems - 300 gems
Day 6 requires 300 gems -
Day 7 requires 300 gems -
Day 8 requires 400 gems -
Day 9 requires 501 gems -
Day 10 requires 600 gems -

PookieBear50
09-15-17, 12:37 AM
Ditto for all of above. :) I'm working for this same cat but unfortunately he will join his twin in my storage.

Thanks for starting thread and updating the event information for us. :)

I don't mind the cat going into storage, since I cycle through my pets over the course of the year. I really wish, though, that they'd give us a way to organize the cellar so it doesn't take forever to find the pets (and their habitats) who haven't been out for the past 11 months.

Paul__
09-15-17, 01:32 PM
So glad that Storm8 has been doing more events in farm recently :)

mamas_boys
09-15-17, 03:17 PM
Excited for this event! I didn't not have the cat yet so bonus for me!

Meowmeowbeans
09-15-17, 04:47 PM
As a heads up, an issue was causing the Day 7 prize to display incorrectly. This has been updated and the prize now shows correctly - it is a Silo Upgrade Kit that will give you three Wood Planks, three Nails, and three Hammers.

Sorry for any inconvenience! :)

Paul__
09-15-17, 05:24 PM
Thank you for the update :D

Paul__
09-16-17, 07:34 AM
Why is kitty nip on the event? I thought that was part of the other event.

https://preview.ibb.co/jNj615/BDDB71_B6_40_B1_461_D_B424_09_CFA0_FEC684.png

cosmolife
09-16-17, 05:36 PM
Yea kittie nip is still being asked in plane deliveries. I just buy em from the newspaper.

PookieBear50
09-16-17, 06:27 PM
Are we still able to grow and harvest Kitty-Nip? I've not touched mine since the end of the last event, since I prefer the plots be filled with waving Kitty-Nip than sit there like giant oversized paw prints.

cosmolife
09-16-17, 11:58 PM
No idea. Some of my neighbors shops still have kittie nips, orange wool, and the other stuff from that cat event

Scalezzzz
09-17-17, 12:03 AM
Are we still able to grow and harvest Kitty-Nip? I've not touched mine since the end of the last event, since I prefer the plots be filled with waving Kitty-Nip than sit there like giant oversized paw prints.

Yes, you can. I was doing the same as you until I needed some for a train delivery.

Scalezzzz
09-17-17, 12:08 AM
I have a question about the first post...

It tells you how many gems each day requires but I'm not sure what that means? Is that the amount of gems you need to finish the day without having to do any of the orders?

PookieBear50
09-17-17, 12:16 AM

It tells you how many gems each day requires but I'm not sure what that means? Is that the amount of gems you need to finish the day without having to do any of the orders?

As far as I know, yes. I'm not about to do it that way, though (except by accident...and I'm still irked by what happened in the last county fair event).

Scalezzzz
09-17-17, 12:22 AM
Is the number of gems different for everyone? For day four, mine said 80 gems.

Ugh the last event did not work out for me. I needed one last order to complete the entire event and get the pony but I fell asleep as I was making the last item. No pony for me. Oh well.

PookieBear50
09-17-17, 03:38 AM

Ugh the last event did not work out for me. I needed one last order to complete the entire event and get the pony but I fell asleep as I was making the last item. No pony for me. Oh well.

It might be...as I said, I don't really pay attention to all that, I just make orders.

I think I'd rather have fallen asleep and lost the horse than do what I did: try to refresh an order and accidentally use over 200 gems to finish the last day (I still had about 6 hours or so to work with).

Scalezzzz
09-17-17, 03:56 AM
It might be...as I said, I don't really pay attention to all that, I just make orders.

I think I'd rather have fallen asleep and lost the horse than do what I did: try to refresh an order and accidentally use over 200 gems to finish the last day (I still had about 6 hours or so to work with).

I don't either haha And I wouldn't use gems for that but I am just curious what it means!

You're right! I wasn't too upset about the pony. I am going to have to be careful! I'm always losing gems that way (never that many) and I'm always accidentally buying things from the newspaper.

Rynetory2
09-17-17, 07:15 AM

Yap it (1) gives you the option to gem through if you want and (2) indicates the effort required for each fair day. It increases as you get to Day 10.

It differs according to farm level. Lower or mid levels require less. The numbers in Post 1 are for higher levels, e.g. Level 60 and above. Feel free to post to share what you see in your game. Sorry to hear about your pony. Hope you'll finish this fair and get your cat.

DaphneGlass
09-19-17, 03:51 AM
Another impossible challenge, purple bags, sauces, ruby necklaces, come on who has lots of those kind of crafts in their barn? These events are impossible for us working people, 10 hours out the day where you cannot play the game, then just a few hours after work before bedtime, the makers of this game need to consider this and make challenges less time consuming, it isnt fair??

Paul__
09-20-17, 02:14 PM
So glad that Storm 8 is giving us more Farm Story 2 events! :)

Rynetory2
09-22-17, 09:19 PM
Did you enjoy this event? Which prizes did you like? Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

PookieBear50
09-23-17, 04:28 PM
I don't know if I'll be able to finish the event this time. Stuck on Day 9, and it's already Day 10. And I'm stuck, partly because I had other obligations that had to be met on Day 9 (including sleep), and also because the game asks for the same items 30 minutes later that I had just refreshed the order for because I had no way of getting them. Two orders for 2 Goat Milk Ice Cream in a row? Two orders for 2 Iron Ore and 2 Pear Ciders in a row? Something is seriously wrong...

I also find it disconcerting that, despite stockpiling the items that during the last County Fair event had been requested of me repeatedly, this time they have not been asked for at all. It really seems as though the algorithms that determine what orders to ask for are deliberately identifying what items NOT to ask for because I already have them, and instead asking--repeatedly--for the very items I know I cannot get and refreshed the order for.

I will persevere, but with less than 8 hours to go...I doubt I'll succeed...especially since THIS time I do not have gems to push me through--accidentally or otherwise.

kindefarm1890
09-23-17, 04:55 PM
Looks like I am not the only one stuck on Day 9 with less than 8 hours to go. I did not use any gems this event to buy the boosts or the extra order slot. I already have this pet from a sale the team did, I believe, earlier in the year but a second cat would still have been nice. This event I had a lot of order to empty vase, filled vases and ruby necklaces, all of which is discarded. Rubies are too hard to come by. Had dozens of orders for maple items. Except for pancakes I could find any other maple items for sale in the newspaper or neighbors shops. Just completed a two leaf order which gave me 1% point. With 30% to go I will not finish day 9 before the event ends.

I do thank the team for still putting out events. It would be nice if the team could increase even by one the number of pets in the habitat. Good luck for those still working on the event.

cosmolife
09-24-17, 02:17 AM
This is the second event for me and I have to say... I quite like it. The first event, the one with the rain pony, I didn't know what to expect and panicked a lot. Haha! I would panic when I didn't have the items or couldn't find them in my neighbors shops or newspaper.

This second time, I knew what to do and had more fun. Today is the last day and I already finished it 2 hours in ;)

And no. I didn't spend one single gem. Just read all the guides and followed people's tips :)

Thanks S8 for the lovely cat and awesome event!!

DaphneGlass
09-24-17, 11:35 AM
I don't know if I'll be able to finish the event this time. Stuck on Day 9, and it's already Day 10. And I'm stuck, partly because I had other obligations that had to be met on Day 9 (including sleep), and also because the game asks for the same items 30 minutes later that I had just refreshed the order for because I had no way of getting them. Two orders for 2 Goat Milk Ice Cream in a row? Two orders for 2 Iron Ore and 2 Pear Ciders in a row? Something is seriously wrong...

I also find it disconcerting that, despite stockpiling the items that during the last County Fair event had been requested of me repeatedly, this time they have not been asked for at all. It really seems as though the algorithms that determine what orders to ask for are deliberately identifying what items NOT to ask for because I already have them, and instead asking--repeatedly--for the very items I know I cannot get and refreshed the order for.

I will persevere, but with less than 8 hours to go...I doubt I'll succeed...especially since THIS time I do not have gems to push me through--accidentally or otherwise.

I agree, I can see it when it does that stupid chicken dance after I get an order, what it's really doing is rigging my game to see what I DONT have in my barn then ask for it, the write up on google is right about this game, the makers have rigged it to get people so frustrated with it that they give in and spend real money on gems to pay the way forward, not me tho. I don't find this game enjoyable or relaxing, in fact I am starting to hate it, I just don't have time to keep checking every 30 mins after a refresh, I hate events they just make it stressful so think I might stop playing now so goodbye folks, enjoy getting angry with it!! I've had enough xx

griffithpack
09-25-17, 05:56 PM
Same problem - got stuck on day 9 - already had the pet on my big farm, so I tried to get one for my baby farm - constant orders for ruby necklaces and for maple items made it impossible to finish. After devoting 1,151 days on my big farm to playing this game, I find it very disheartening that the events are recycled, the prizes are recycled, and the game is rigged to give the same impossible orders - even after we discard those orders. I will keep playing for the friendships I have made - but don't ever hope to win another prize from an event��