PDA

View Full Version : Unacceptable food quests - iOS Restaurant Story version

Unregistered
03-19-11, 06:07 AM
I, like many posters here, have had a lot of trouble with Out of Sync messages. This has increased since that last update of Restaurant Story. For kicks, I decided to try out the restaurant quests to see what the rewards are like, ie. buy two white tables and chairs, make 10 french toasts, etc. One of the very early quests is to make a garden salad, instantly finish it for 5 gems, then serve it. I stared at this quest for quite a while, wondering if the reward would be anywhere near the cost (timewise - I've never given TeamLava a cent of my money) of spending 5 gems to instantly finish a 15 minute cook time item. I bit the bullet, and what did I get for my efforts? 10xp and 300gp in exchange for 5 gems!!!

This is an example of either very poor quest development, poor gameplay implementation, or sheer greed on TeamLava's part. I'm favoring the latter.

greygull
03-19-11, 09:09 AM
There was a similar one in the Valetines version. Cook an Omelet dish, and speed it up. I took the one gem, skip this step option. Not sure if that is an option for these tasks (didn't get them). And I agree that it's just them trying to get us to buy more gems. FYI, on the v. version, the rewards get get for each item done is all you got. There was nothing at the end, like a bonus of any kind.

Unregistered
03-19-11, 12:25 PM
I want to go back to the old version for the things you guys have said earlier. Plus, my floors are out of wreck and I lost a whole bunch of tiles -- lots of them -- that I bought before I updated it.