PDA

View Full Version : Wall etiquette

chefeliseo
09-07-17, 08:33 PM
So I've notice lately that there are some bakers who have terrible wall etiquette. One new neighbor of mine commented on my wall today after I gifted her a cappuccino (which I mass gifted to everyone this morning before I went to work).

TIPS. NO FOOD OR DRINK. READ THIS MESSAGE.

I responded accordingly and removed her as a neighbor. How would you have responde?
[removed photos due to privacy for other players]

slayer7000
09-07-17, 08:57 PM
You can easily just block or ask them politely to stop :)

Jojocl141587
09-07-17, 09:00 PM
Lol I have to say, I love your response. I had an issue with a neighbor a while back who complained bc I'm not a daily tipper, with over 100 neighbors and a 3 and 1 year old at home I don't always have the time to individually tip. She left me a message saying I don't tip neighbors below 3 stars, she'd previously left me a rude message and I snapped back that time. The second time I didn't even respond and just deleted her.

Weenietots
09-07-17, 09:13 PM
That's a perfect response ;) I've had lots of rude people also lol. When I first started I would usually write something back, but now I just delete them. I don't particularly want food either, but I just decline them if I feel like it. Which... one would think that was a given, instead of writing snarky comments on peoples walls :rolleyes:

eeveldoll
09-07-17, 09:15 PM
Since she's a new neighbour, I would have responded as follows, "Thanks for your msg. However, I'm a food neighbour that will mass gift food/drink and will expect the same in return. If you expect otherwise, you're more than welcome to delete me." .. and then I will delete their message. No sense in having these kind of messages cluttering up your wall.

Sometimes I can't be bothered to respond. I'd just delete the msg and wait for them to delete me instead lol. It's much easier that way. But if they keep posting that up, well, that's when the above is utilised.

love your hashtags lol

Natasha_07
09-07-17, 09:34 PM
Remind them that there's a decline button for gifts. :)

twospoons
09-08-17, 12:51 AM
I just roll my eyes and delete. Sometimes you're just the straw that broke the camel's back, you know? It's not like I've never been rude to undeserving parties just because I'm frustrated for some other reason entirely.

fairyfairycake
09-08-17, 01:57 PM
I just roll my eyes and delete. Sometimes you're just the straw that broke the camel's back, you know? It's not like I've never been rude to undeserving parties just because I'm frustrated for some other reason entirely.

The easiest time for gifting is when a theme goal is on and everyone is gifted the same!
People are good in letting me know, sometimes they have to remind me if I get finger happy in my selections.

I recenrly read a neighbours wall and someone took offence to the gift, and left a swear word on their wall?
I adv them to let bakery story know because of the tone and swear word.

LadyEna
09-10-17, 04:12 PM
,I got one of the same. And the kicker is they wanted me to add them in the first place.

Posted on my wall since Sept. 2014:
One day food, one day parts. Fair to all.

Wrote them back the above on their wall. Then blocked them.
Don't need the hassle of B.S. on my wall.

Right after that I posted another message on wall.
If you don't like the gift I sent you, it's called a DECLINE BUTTON.

I know I'm just mean.

babublik
09-10-17, 11:30 PM
I prefer to get parts and will usually decline all food items but when there's a goal going on, I kind of expect to receive goal parts at least for the first few days or cappuccino at worst but NEVER a golden nob (unless the goal asks for it) so I may have left a message on an ex-neighbor's wall asking them politely to not gb golden nobs during goals... Especially since said neighbor was always asking for requests, which I honored...

Said neighbor proceeded to send me golden nobs so I just deleted them. I really don't have time for games within a game and idk about others but I really consider a golden nob very inconsiderate during goals... Especially from a level 99 player who should know better.

I just want to add that I'm also not a picky neighbor. I don't ask for specific gifts ever but I just feel like neighbors should know when it comes to goals, especially now that the goals are so short; I really appreciate useful gifts.

1stButterflyCafe
09-10-17, 11:56 PM
Heres my thing: ive been playing this game for a long time. so i got to the point were, so i can enjoy the game: i silent tip i send what i want and the reason for this is this i can decline any gift i want, i can accept any gift i want and if ur my neighbor you on my neighbor list therefore i can visit you anytime i wish. i play 3 different games with over 120 neighbors each give or take. i dont have time to coddle each person. that doesnt mean i dont enjoy chatting with you i just dont have the time. so do i feel ur wrong no of corse not. people have removed me as a neighbor because i dont write on their wall. im ok with it i didnt loose any sleep over it. i like this game but the fun is sucked out when people tell you how to play.

babublik
09-11-17, 01:15 AM
Normally I would agree with you but when someone asks to be my neighbor, such as the neighbor I deleted, I usually let them know that my neighbor list is short. 40 players max but usually I have less than that precisely because I don't have time to visit 200+ neighbors. I only ask for help with goals (gifting/accepting requests). That's all. Most of my neighbors are long-time neighbors and I almost never add new ones so for me it's important to keep good ones. I don't check my game all the time to reject unwanted* gifts before my box is full so therefore I just delete bad neighbors. I doubt they care anyway but when players send requests for parts and gift golden nobs everyday in return, they're duds on my list.

* But you're right in that everyone has their own playing style and that's perfectly fine

kundaliniKali
09-11-17, 10:21 AM
I haven't posted it on anyone else's wall, but on my own I posted a message asking neighbours to please gift parts if possible and explaining why (I specifically match foods to counters - eg, gingerbread men on a gingerbread counter). I tried to put it politely though and I wouldn't ever leave a brusque message on someone's wall like that - rude! I have lots of neighbours myself and totally understand that it's hard to take into account everyone's preferences, so if someone sends me food I just hit 'decline' and don't make a big issue out of it.

mawmaw3
09-12-17, 08:50 AM
I prefer to get parts and will usually decline all food items but when there's a goal going on, I kind of expect to receive goal parts at least for the first few days or cappuccino at worst but NEVER a golden nob (unless the goal asks for it) so I may have left a message on an ex-neighbor's wall asking them politely to not gb golden nobs during goals... Especially since said neighbor was always asking for requests, which I honored...

Said neighbor proceeded to send me golden nobs so I just deleted them. I really don't have time for games within a game and idk about others but I really consider a golden nob very inconsiderate during goals... Especially from a level 99 player who should know better.

I just want to add that I'm also not a picky neighbor. I don't ask for specific gifts ever but I just feel like neighbors should know when it comes to goals, especially now that the goals are so short; I really appreciate useful gifts.

For persons playing on Apple products, there is only one part able to be "gift back" using that button...I started playing in April this year, after plating RS since 2010...quickly found out by only getting golden knobs as gifts..Storm8 told me Aplle products have a glitch in that gift back button that they are unable to fix..Told me to go to each nbrs site & gift from there..that is the only way I can gift what I or they want to gift..It is very time-consuming, but that is the way I have to do..had to explain to several of my nbrs..several adapted to the way I have, some just quit sending gifts at all..some deleted me..but this is a game I like to enjoy & not be harrassed

geordieprogman
09-12-17, 09:38 AM
It would be really time consuming to go to each nbr to gift them. Just go to social/nbrs. Then just gift all your nbrs from there. It takes a few seconds to do.

Storm8 broke this a few year ago. I'm pretty sure it can be fixed. It's just not a priority for them.

babublik
09-12-17, 05:46 PM
For persons playing on Apple products, there is only one part able to be "gift back" using that button...I started playing in April this year, after plating RS since 2010...quickly found out by only getting golden knobs as gifts..Storm8 told me Aplle products have a glitch in that gift back button that they are unable to fix..Told me to go to each nbrs site & gift from there..that is the only way I can gift what I or they want to gift..It is very time-consuming, but that is the way I have to do..had to explain to several of my nbrs..several adapted to the way I have, some just quit sending gifts at all..some deleted me..but this is a game I like to enjoy & not be harrassed

I NEVER harass neighbors or community members. I don't know where you got that from. I said I politely asked one neighbor to gift goal items during goals instead golden nobs. I'm perfectly aware of the glitch on iOS as I too play with an iPhone so I don't particularly find it an excuse. As I said, I keep my neighbor list short to be able to help neighbors and gift them as best I can. I understand everyone plays differently and there's nothing wrong with that. I was just stating my opinion on wall etiquette. I never said its okay to harass neighbors or anyone else over a game.

fantasyomgloveitpewds
09-12-17, 06:02 PM
i'm sorry if this offends anyone but she asked for no food or drink, so maybe tell them you mass gift food or drink.
I am a mass gifter, so when somebody says that, I just add them to a list of people to gift other things. Mass gift first, but avoid the bakeries in your list. Then gift them what they want after. Even though it's a hassle it will save way more time.

jojobaby91
09-12-17, 06:21 PM
I would've asked nicely or deleted you especially if my wall specifically says no food/drinks. I prefer parts mostly because I can cook my own food. Also I am the type of neighbor that prefers to gift my neighbors their specific gifts. I keep a list and only have about 55 neighbors or so. Yeah there is a decline button, but unfortunately for me once I decline the food gift I still lose the slot and another neighbor cannot gift me. Really, it is all about finding neighbors that have the same play style as you. 😀

Citrie
09-13-17, 04:15 AM
Personally I think both parties here could be exercising a little kindness and patience in the responses. The first person should place a "please" with their request and realize all caps messages can be off putting for many, especially a newer neighbor. The second person sending 4 sort of sassy responses back to 1 message seems a bit dramatic and spammy. We all have our impatient days and maybe both posters were having one at the same time. It happens! :)

Overall though I'd say the community has pretty good etiquette with wall posting. The kind comments definitely outweigh the impatient or negative ones, at least!

kooky panda
09-13-17, 10:48 AM
Closing thread due to privacy reasons. Please do not start threads specifically discussing other players.

You can continue discussing general Game etiquette on this current thread.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?48495-Bakery-Story-Neighbors-and-etiquette/page81