PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 9/7: Baron's 5th Birthday

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

GarnetJ
09-16-17, 05:07 PM
Is the consensus still that it's worth going after the pony vs. doing mystery trades? Has anyone gotten gold items from it? I'm a few golden tickets away from getting one, (or doing several mystery trades instead). I already have a goose so I already have another source for bronze tickets. I would really like an alicorn, but after a few mystery trades early on getting me a milk or toadstool items I am worried about taking the gamble.

So far from the mystery boxes I've received:
- Shih Tzu
- Fangbeast milk (black flag)
- Skunkupine milk
- Toadstool beam
- Wisp lantern (black flag)
- Baron's throne and skunkupine milk
- Golden nugget
- Mossy block
- Toadstool beam

I went for the pony first and I'm glad I did. The mystery box trades just don't seem worth much, but the pony also drops tickets so it is helping me complete more trades. The shih tzu is cute, but the drops are so-so, although it did spawn one goose. I did get one golden nugget, which is nice but I'm still hoping for an alicorn.

I still don't understand why they can't continue the trades after the event. What would it hurt?

SpiritWind00
09-16-17, 05:08 PM
It's quite the opposite - another event bug.
It can't be intentional because it's just wrong and unacceptable to lead players to waste resources and time making them believe they're going to craft something.
SpiritWind, could you please report this bug. Crafted goose got stuck in the workshop.

I still hope that this bug will be fixed soon especially because this is obviously the result of getting the first goose by skipping with gems. Players should never be punished for spending gems.

Especially when the inventory card of the goose does not say its limit! Or it does not say the limit in the workshop! Please let us know if this get fixed.
{took the liberty to fix my name in quote 1 :)}
Only a few days into the event it was posted and then recorded on page 1 that the crafting limit is 2 for the geese and 1 for the pony. I don't think it's a bug because the craft gets blacked out when you have 2 geese (despite whether or not you were able to gem the goose before the change). I'll check of course, but please be aware that for this event it is more than likely intentional. Yes I agree the back of the card or the crafting screen should indicate if there is a limit - I'll ask for that feature to be added. Thanks! :)

cheers196
09-16-17, 05:28 PM
Only a few days into the event it was posted and then recorded on page 1 that the crafting limit is 2 for the geese and 1 for the pony. I don't think it's a bug because the craft gets blacked out when you have 2 geese (despite whether or not you were able to gem the goose before the change). I'll check of course, but please be aware that for this event it is more than likely intentional. Yes I agree the back of the card or the crafting screen should indicate if there is a limit - I'll ask for that feature to be added. Thanks! :)

As far as I understood, VersaceMorrow and Chaotach were discussing what might or might not happen when one tried to craft third goose a few days into this event. It was not confirmed until today that even if you can craft the third bird, you can't keep them. I apologize if I misunderstood this. If not, though, it is not right for the people who used extra gems/energys/resources to craft third goose and then find out they can't keep it.

zoroak
09-16-17, 05:31 PM
I still don't understand why they can't continue the trades after the event. What would it hurt?

I think it's because of the alicorn and dragon rare drops. Sacred horns and wings as well as burning embers are super rare adventure drops. Even for those with the love shack, some have only managed to craft a few alicorns or a few dragons after these years. Although rare drops from the mystery box, chances seem a little higher than the adventure drops and you get a full alicorn without having to have both wing and horn drop and lumin essences to craft. S8 probably wants to limit chances of free alicorn or dragon drops to watching videos after the event ends.

olcastle
09-16-17, 06:00 PM

This is not about a limit. It's about letting to craft something and then prohibit to collect it forcing to sell and lose all the materials and time.
If it was intentional it was really sinister and unprofessional. Nothing was blacked out when I started to craft the third goose.
SW, do you really think it's OK???
I'm playing for 5 years and we can always craft one extra item using the second building, it's like a historical feature of this game.
You surely know it was always encouraged in this forum during events.
What I meant about gemming the first goose, that I wouldn't have any problems with collecting my second crafted goose if I didn't skip the first goose with gems. So the first S8 mistake with skipping the goose led to this mistake with opened third craft.

AnnirasSweets
09-16-17, 06:29 PM
I saw a pop up earlier about someone new coming to our realms, I can only hope it's a cheese maker or an ice cream maker so I can do something will all this milk I've got. I know I could make more babies but I don't want them so it would be nice if there was some other point to all this milk we're getting.

Today's trades have mostly been mossy blocks and toad beams. On the plus side every few trades they throw in a dog or a dragon along with the toad items so that's not too shabby I suppose.

I do enjoy the split second of excitement I get each time I click a mystery trade, I think I finally understand the appeal in gambling.

ashley224
09-16-17, 07:25 PM
This is not about a limit. It's about letting to craft something and then prohibit to collect it forcing to sell and lose all the materials and time.
If it was intentional it was really sinister and unprofessional. Nothing was blacked out when I started to craft the third goose.
I'm playing for 5 years and we can always craft one extra item using the second building, it's like a historical feature of this game.
What I meant about gemming the first goose, that I wouldn't have any problems with collecting my second crafted goose if I didn't skip the first goose with gems. So the first S8 mistake with skipping the goose led to this mistake with opened third craft.
I completely agree. If the game allows the craft to be started, one should be allowed to collect it. The 100th gold troll token is another example of this. If you are at 98 and start the craft and then get number 99 from princess Lorelei's fountain, when you go back to to collect the crafted gold token, you are not given it. Totally unfair.

jackylina29
09-16-17, 09:18 PM
Really wish everyone could get an Ali or dragon from mystery boxes..?the milks and thrones are sooqo disappointing

coolssp
09-16-17, 09:47 PM
My second golden trade gave me one toadstool beam :( :(

calicokittennope
09-16-17, 09:55 PM
If you put the baron's throne next to the shadow lynx black cats that are huge... it's just so funny.

cavegirl1
09-16-17, 10:01 PM
I think it's because of the alicorn and dragon rare drops. Sacred horns and wings as well as burning embers are super rare adventure drops. Even for those with the love shack, some have only managed to craft a few alicorns or a few dragons after these years. Although rare drops from the mystery box, chances seem a little higher than the adventure drops and you get a full alicorn without having to have both wing and horn drop and lumin essences to craft. S8 probably wants to limit chances of free alicorn or dragon drops to watching videos after the event ends.
Yes, I probably agree with this. I had a friend who had the love shack where it literally took years to get the 2 parts to make their first alicorn. With this event, plus the chance to get an alicorn from the videos, S8 are probably trying to manage it overall.

And I am more than happy to not get an ali from either this event or videos, if it gives a greater chance to those that don't have them :)

cavegirl1
09-16-17, 10:03 PM
I love baby alicorns. I think they are so cute!! I think we need to be able to make baby alicorns in ivy's nursery!! There's an event we could all behind s8!!!

I agree. I have kept some as babies as they are so cute - pink and white :)

LiriTanglethorn
09-16-17, 10:05 PM
I always wanted a pony for my birthday when I was young, today I got the Pfefferknot on my birthday, plus ironically finished the Thurston's Steed quest - 2 horses! Woot! :D

LiriTanglethorn
09-16-17, 10:23 PM
It doesn't make sense for the soldiers to spawn as it doesn't reward you with anything, you only lose energy but nothing drops. All material to upgrade, drops from the toadstool buildings when you collect from them. So they shouldn't spawn anymore.

I agree they shouldn't spawn anymore, but for a different reason - the storyline. We already made friends with them and gave them a place in the kingdom, so attacking us makes no sense. It's just S8 giving us another high hit-point monster to suck up our energy and make us spend more money. :mad:

gilachaya
09-17-17, 12:03 AM
I always wanted a pony for my birthday when I was young, today I got the Pfefferknot on my birthday, plus ironically finished the Thurston's Steed quest - 2 horses! Woot! :D

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you got your ponies!!!

Irma_Isle
09-17-17, 01:12 AM
If you put the baron's throne next to the shadow lynx black cats that are huge... it's just so funny.

Now I WANT baron sits on that. Cant imagine his face. Lol

LuluBellax
09-17-17, 01:17 AM
My drops from mystery box so far:
Shih tzu
Fangbeast milk
Toadstool beam
Mossy block
Throne & milk (fang or skunk don't remember)
Throne & milk again
Teacup puddle
Fangbeast milk
2 energy (seriously?!)
1 gem

Determined to get my first alicorn.

Curious to hear how many boxes people did before getting an alicorn.

Chaotarch
09-17-17, 02:02 AM
Curious as to how many of each dog players have collected from mystery trade. Anyone with more than two of each?

#628:

lol, but maybe all the milk ( i have too:rolleyes: ) is need for the birthdayvisitors?
....they come for the hopping doggyshow or the non animated carousel... who knows:confused:

meanwhile i have 8 Shi Tzu & 6 TeaCupPoodle....

tromalyt
09-17-17, 03:19 AM
Coincidentally, not ironically. :p

Happy birthday. Congratulations on your pony.

tromalyt
09-17-17, 03:47 AM
Only a few days into the event it was posted and then recorded on page 1 that the crafting limit is 2 for the geese and 1 for the pony...
Thanks! :)

That piece of info should have been stated in game. Checking the forum should be optional. Had I known that there was a 2 geese cap I wouldn't have gem rushed the carousel to spawn the goose. Every time a new event starts I have the feeling that, if I do not check the forum, I will miss something important.

Let me say that I appreciate the work the active forum members and staff do every day.

Hugs and kisses.

freddy1343
09-17-17, 04:08 AM

So cute! Looks like a child's potty chair.

LiriTanglethorn
09-17-17, 04:35 AM
Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you got your ponies!!!

Coincidentally, not ironically. :p

Happy birthday. Congratulations on your pony.

Right you are. Thank you both :)

Stymie52
09-17-17, 05:45 AM
Three milks in a row from The Mystery Box. Pathetic. This is supposed to be a celebration. Come on, S8. For the last days, give us something to be happy about. This is a game. These prizes are not real; there is no real cost for them. If we started getting better drops, people would probably gem ahead to anxiously see what they would be getting and to get more of desired prizes. S8, stop being stingy like the Baron.

Andro45
09-17-17, 08:24 AM
With 4 days to go I got a total of 8 gold tickets in my two kingdoms. Got one in both my kingdoms just as I was writing this...but I doubt I will get enough gold tickets to get the pony. I hope the mystery box wil give something useful. I got a throne and milk so far.
I'm glad I crafted an ugly goose first, so I at least have that. This event is a bit less fun than I expected.
Now back to upgrading the carousel.

By the way, when the goose flaps it's wings (when hitting him) it looks like it's wings are backwards.

Indryia
09-17-17, 09:15 AM
With 4 days to go I got a total of 8 gold tickets in my two kingdoms. Got one in both my kingdoms just as I was writing this...but I doubt I will get enough gold tickets to get the pony. I hope the mystery box wil give something useful. I got a throne and milk so far.
I'm glad I crafted an ugly goose first, so I at least have that. This event is a bit less fun than I expected.

By the way, when the goose flaps it's wings (when hitting him) it looks like it's wings are backwards.

4 days ???
I though the event will end Tuesday 4 pm PST like always

tromalyt
09-17-17, 09:25 AM
Three milks in a row from The Mystery Box. Pathetic. This is supposed to be a celebration. Come on, S8. For the last days, give us something to be happy about. This is a game. These prizes are not real; there is no real cost for them. If we started getting better drops, people would probably gem ahead to anxiously see what they would be getting and to get more of desired prizes. S8, stop being stingy like the Baron.

Same here, milk after milk mixed with a moss block or a throne. I stopped collecting already.

Has anyone won an alicorn lately?

maryamhjm
09-17-17, 10:52 AM

I only have collected 4 gold tickets in total and used them for mystery boxes as I do not think I will collect enough for the pony

calicokittennope
09-17-17, 10:58 AM
My poodle in the pink dress spawned a goose battle.

Andro45
09-17-17, 11:09 AM
4 days ???
I though the event will end Tuesday 4 pm PST like alwaysMy carousel on the right side of the screen says 4 days. By now it will be closer to 3 days.

Indryia
09-17-17, 11:27 AM
My carousel on the right side of the screen says 4 days. By now it will be closer to 3 days.

Oh, ok
I lost track since I am done.
Super, one extra day to get milk and thrones lol

LiriTanglethorn
09-17-17, 02:32 PM
Super, one extra day to get milk and thrones lol

Hahaha!!! :D

NorthWoodsKingdom
09-17-17, 03:29 PM

I completely agree. If the game allows the craft to be started, one should be allowed to collect it. The 100th gold troll token is another example of this. If you are at 98 and start the craft and then get number 99 from princess Lorelei's fountain, when you go back to to collect the crafted gold token, you are not given it. Totally unfair.
In complete agreement here!!!
NOTHING in the game to suggest a third goose wasn't possible!

If there was a "HARD" limit of 2 geese and some of us already had a goose on the board from skipping the craft goal with 25 gems, then when we STARTED the craft for our second goose in one workshop, the option to craft a goose should have immediately blacked out or disappeared from our second workshop. But it didn't. The craft option remained. So since I was able to *start* the craft, I should be able to *collect* it, just like MANY other things in the game that are craftable over their limits. (I'll not make this post mega-long by listing all the craftable items with a cap of 99 that we can actually craft to 100+, depending which crafting buildings they require.)

With the White/Dark Steeds event: As soon as we started crafting one, the goal completed & the craft-option then disappeared. Same thing happened with the Autumn Stag/Doe event. It wasn't POSSIBLE to craft two. There may be others that aren't coming to my mind but those are two examples of how the precedent had already been set for items with such a hard limit, so there's no excuse here.

I now have a goose STUCK in my workshop!
I go to collect it and get this: (yay! I have a happy face)

I go to PLACE (or store) it and get this: (hmphf! Now I have a sad face w/furrowed brows)

I even go to SELL the dang thing and get this: (!!!! Now I have a mad face)

$0!?!!!!!
That is UNACCEPTABLE!!! - I battled upteen EXTRA geese (which is A LOT of additional time & energy) to get those additional 30 feathers. ...oh yeah, and of course it took my 25 cabbages and rope --- all for a single solitary option to sell it for NOTHING!?!!! That's a slap in the face.
What, pray tell, is soooooo precious about these geese??? - other than dropping a single bronze ticket every 4 hours (JUST for this timed event which will end soon!), it's basically just a regular CHICKEN.

C'mon S8.... seriously???
Let us place the stupid third goose, is it REALLY hurting your bottom line THAT much?!
*serious wide-eyed eye rolling*

Weirdest birthday party I've EVER attended... what cake?
...and whatever happened to something with the Jousting Arena, which was the usual birthday celebrations of the past? (Well, except for last year, when y'all forgot it was your bday, lol).

doodledoo20000
09-17-17, 04:34 PM
This happened to me 8 or so months ago. I wanted a souvenir and used gems and supplies collected to make it. I couldn't get it out of the workshop and S8 had to delete it. No warning that I couldn't make it, no return of materials and gems and no new souvenir. It made me so mad...

Ki250
09-17-17, 05:13 PM
I haven't posted much these last couple of events. I agree with those who wanted the extra geese you should be able to collect and place it. Also for the mystery box prizes I have received so far skunkupea milk, fangpup milk, toadstool beam, baron's throne and a tea cup poodle. I guess everything is chance with the mystery box prize. Good luck to those trying for the pony.

LiriTanglethorn
09-17-17, 06:53 PM
... for the mystery box prizes I have received so far skunkupea milk, fangpup milk, toadstool beam, baron's throne and a tea cup poodle.

Ditto here, except I got one Shih Tzu instead of the poodle. The last six collections have all been creature milk. Good thing I got my pony yesterday, or I'd be livid.

jesslau9
09-17-17, 06:55 PM
I haven't posted much these last couple of events. I agree with those who wanted the extra geese you should be able to collect and place it. Also for the mystery box prizes I have received so far skunkupea milk, fangpup milk, toadstool beam, baron's throne and a tea cup poodle. I guess everything is chance with the mystery box prize. Good luck to those trying for the pony.

i've had poodle,shih tzu ,baron throne, 1gem, 1 block,skunkupea milk

gold tickets are random, these prizes are lousy
at least give us 40 energies or 10 gold cabbages

i really want the expansion permit. oh well

hottrthanhott
09-17-17, 07:46 PM
Hello all!
I hope everyone that was in the path of Hurricane Irma made it Ok.
I was actually affected by Hurricane Irma and haven't had time, and until recently didn't have wifi or signal to connect to play, to do this event.
I was able to log on now and it says I have less than 3 days. I haven't upgraded to level 4 on carousel and I'm on "Gumptious Geese" stage without ever hitting one Geese yet.

So! I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's worth the hassle to try to finish it with so little time and if there are any sideline goals I should skip.

I really wanted to have the items since it's a Birthday Event, but not sure if I can make it now.
Any suggestions?
Thank you all!

xellosspoo
09-17-17, 08:30 PM
I have to say that I'm still not sold on this event. I had a level 5 building from day 3. I only have 15 gold tickets. I have not done any mystery box trades. I've done like 30 bronze trades (because I'm almost at the cap of them) and less than 20 silver trades (still leaving me with 27 silver tickets). Frankly at this rate it will be a miracle if I can only even get the pony. I'm just unimpressed. It isn't even like the bronze and silver trades are really even worth anything either. I keep getting carosel upgrade parts I don't need or things I'm capped on.

Kastlerama
09-17-17, 09:08 PM
When this event started I was not very excited about it because I thought the point was to get another horse and I have enough of those already. I have been trying to get the carousel upgraded and am on level 8 now. I have only received 3 gold tickets from the carousel so far. I completed the prizes, prizes, prizes except for the horse. I got red ink for both the bronze and silver trades and flyger milk for the mystery trade so was not understanding why Ivy seemed so excited about the trades. Then I read in the forum some of the drops others have received and I decided the likely hood of getting the horse was poor so I decided to do two more mystery trades. I got the fangbeast milk and then lo and behold I got an expansion permit (not just a trade ticket but the whole permit) so now I have decided to go ahead with the purchase of the ticket booth to see if anything else might be possible. Good luck to all those still stuggling. Keep plugging away and maybe something good will come of it.

LuluBellax
09-17-17, 09:09 PM
Shih tzu
Fangbeast milk
Toadstool beam
Mossy block
Throne & milk again
Teacup puddle
Fangbeast milk
2 energy (seriously?!)
1 gem
Throne & milk again
Fangbeast milk
Toadstool beam
Mossy block
Gold nugget
Shih tzu & throne
S. Milk
F. Milk

Alicorn, where are you? :/

jesslau9
09-17-17, 11:44 PM
When this event started I was not very excited about it because I thought the point was to get another horse and I have enough of those already. I have been trying to get the carousel upgraded and am on level 8 now. I have only received 3 gold tickets from the carousel so far. I completed the prizes, prizes, prizes except for the horse. I got red ink for both the bronze and silver trades and flyger milk for the mystery trade so was not understanding why Ivy seemed so excited about the trades. Then I read in the forum some of the drops others have received and I decided the likely hood of getting the horse was poor so I decided to do two more mystery trades. I got the fangbeast milk and then lo and behold I got an expansion permit (not just a trade ticket but the whole permit) so now I have decided to go ahead with the purchase of the ticket booth to see if anything else might be possible. Good luck to all those still stuggling. Keep plugging away and maybe something good will come of it.

i'm 25 cabbages away from level 10, tbh, this event was fairly simple to me, because I HARDLY ever level any event buildings to TEN!
i don't babysit the game & usually cannot hit enough rocks/trees or spawn 10million monsters for parts to level up..

i've done 8-9 mystery trades so far & I really want the expansion permit , sigh

Andro45
09-18-17, 12:13 AM
Hello all!
I hope everyone that was in the path of Hurricane Irma made it Ok.
I was actually affected by Hurricane Irma and haven't had time, and until recently didn't have wifi or signal to connect to play, to do this event.
I was able to log on now and it says I have less than 3 days. I haven't upgraded to level 4 on carousel and I'm on "Gumptious Geese" stage without ever hitting one Geese yet.

So! I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's worth the hassle to try to finish it with so little time and if there are any sideline goals I should skip.

I really wanted to have the items since it's a Birthday Event, but not sure if I can make it now.
Any suggestions?
Thank you all!

I'm glad you're okay and other players affected by Irma too. In my opinion it's not worth the hassle and definitely not worth your precious gems. I'd play normally and see how far I'd get (which I'm doing now).

My second kingdom got a teacup poodle from the mystery trade. My first kingdom just thrones and milk.

maryamhjm
09-18-17, 12:42 AM
I have to say that I'm still not sold on this event. I had a level 5 building from day 3. I only have 15 gold tickets. I have not done any mystery box trades. I've done like 30 bronze trades (because I'm almost at the cap of them) and less than 20 silver trades (still leaving me with 27 silver tickets). Frankly at this rate it will be a miracle if I can only even get the pony. I'm just unimpressed. It isn't even like the bronze and silver trades are really even worth anything either. I keep getting carosel upgrade parts I don't need or things I'm capped on.

Well at least you are better of than me, I have a level 8 building and so far collected 6 gold tickets total which I used for mystery boxes because there is no way I can collect enough for the pony in the 2+ days left. I only did about 3 bronze trades and 1 silver and still I am not capped on bronze and only have 6 silver tickets. I really do not like this event where everything is earned by chance and by hard work. I like events better were you have a clear goal with point system to earn prizes.
If you already have 15 gold tickets you have a good chance to collect enough for the pony, good luck.

cavegirl1
09-18-17, 02:55 AM
I'm glad you're okay and other players affected by Irma too. In my opinion it's not worth the hassle and definitely not worth your precious gems. I'd play normally and see how far I'd get (which I'm doing now).

My second kingdom got a teacup poodle from the mystery trade. My first kingdom just thrones and milk.

I'd agree with this. Drops and prizes are random and would not be worth what you would need to invest to try and achieve anything in the time left. And the prizes don't really have a birthday theme.

tromalyt
09-18-17, 03:08 AM
Since I gem-rushed the carousel to spawn the goose I got an early lvl10 carousel by Wednesday. I also bought the ticket trade tent so I was able to get the pony and to make a lot of mystery ticket trades. On Wednesday and Thursday the trades were very good, I got 3 alicorns, 1 dragon, 1 expansion permit and several pets. (I have spent many gems to rush the carousel but it was worth it, only for the 3 alicorns)

But then on Friday the odds changed. No more alicorns, no more dragons, no more expansion permits. Mostly milk and thrones. I noticed one thing, though. At the beginning of the day, just after you get the ad to double your daily coin allowance, I get OK prizes, the ones we should be getting by trading silver ticktets, For example today I got (in this order):
1 gold nugget.
1 gem.
1 toad beam.
1 milk.

And then, after that is always milk, milk and milk.

And has been like this the whole weekend. Can somebody confirm this? Thanks.

Sometimes I get a throne as a second prize, along with the milk. I already have 12 thrones. Never as the only prize during the weekend, always as a second prize.

I have spent many gems already, I am happy because of the 3 alicorns, but I am a bit disappointed lately. It seems the odds have changed.

Can anybody confirm this?

Queenzod
09-18-17, 03:10 AM
This event is like unwrapping a nice, shiny present for your birthday only to find a pile of poo. Not very good, S8.

AnnirasSweets
09-18-17, 03:33 AM
Since I gem-rushed the carousel to spawn the goose I got an early lvl10 carousel by Wednesday. I also bought the ticket trade tent so I was able to get the pony and to make a lot of mystery ticket trades. On Wednesday and Thursday the trades were very good, I got 3 alicorns, 1 dragon, 1 expansion permit and several pets. (I have spent many gems to rush the carousel but it was worth it, only for the 3 alicorns)

But then on Friday the odds changed. No more alicorns, no more dragons, no more expansion permits. Mostly milk and thrones. I noticed one thing, though. At the beginning of the day, just after you get the ad to double your daily coin allowance, I get OK prizes, the ones we should be getting by trading silver ticktets, For example today I got (in this order):
1 gold nugget.
1 gem.
1 toad beam.
1 milk.

And then, after that is always milk, milk and milk.

And has been like this the whole weekend. Can somebody confirm this? Thanks.

Sometimes I get a throne as a second prize, along with the milk. I already have 12 thrones. Never as the only prize during the weekend, always as a second prize.

I have spent many gems already, I am happy because of the 3 alicorns, but I am a bit disappointed lately. It seems the odds have changed.

Can anybody confirm this?

I was lucky enough to have a decent spawn rate this time so I finished the goals fairly early and have spent the rest of the time doing trades. I've noticed that I seem to have what one might call "peak" hours for my drops also. However, for me it seems to be around 11 am and then again at 11 pm.

I'm sure it's different for everyone since we must keep in mind that in this game the only real pattern to anything is that there is no pattern at all.

tromalyt
09-18-17, 03:38 AM
I was lucky enough to have a decent spawn rate this time so I finished the goals fairly early and have spent the rest of the time doing trades. I've noticed that I seem to have what one might call "peak" hours for my drops also. However, for me it seems to be around 11 am and then again at 11 pm.

I'm sure it's different for everyone since we must keep in mind that in this game the only real pattern to anything is that there is no pattern at all.

Well, I assume we are in different time zones. I have only noticed one peak hour, though. I am trying to find if there is a better peak hour. Thanks for the info.

Den8137259
09-18-17, 06:01 AM
★ oooo there's a limit of two ducks, and the craft is locked ★ :|

★ but why isn't this being mentioned on the craft description that only "2" can be crafted ? ★

★ why isn't this made upfront from the start ? ★ sigh :|

casalorena
09-18-17, 07:59 AM
Well at least you are better of than me, I have a level 8 building and so far collected 6 gold tickets total which I used for mystery boxes because there is no way I can collect enough for the pony in the 2+ days left. I only did about 3 bronze trades and 1 silver and still I am not capped on bronze and only have 6 silver tickets. I really do not like this event where everything is earned by chance and by hard work. I like events better were you have a clear goal with point system to earn prizes.
If you already have 15 gold tickets you have a good chance to collect enough for the pony, good luck.

How is it possible that I am at level 8 and have only collected 8 gold tickets?! I will never get a gold trade! Outrageous!

DMVdoll
09-18-17, 08:24 AM
Hi all, 4give me if this has already been asked, but I was wondering...

Is 1 gold ticket the only prize for getting the carousel to level 10?

I'm currently at 8

ShibuyaCloth
09-18-17, 08:25 AM

I'm currently at 8

A better chance to get better drops.

Den8137259
09-18-17, 08:58 AM
DMVdoll, I'm at level 10, yes it drops an assortment of tickets, including the Gold ones, but when you go and do a trade with them, you get toad beams and toad stones most of the time ★

So there is no rush to beat the deadline and become a level 10 ★ enjoy the game as it is (: ★ imo

Indryia
09-18-17, 09:08 AM

I'm currently at 8

Yes, for completing that quest and get the carousel to lvl 10, you get only 1 gold ticket.
But like ShibuyaCloth said, once the carousel is lvl 10, it has more chance to drop silver and gold tickets. I have at least one every other collection.

Plus, if you are a low level player, later on the game you will need millions and millions of coins to do Mermaid quest and expansions. The carousel lvl 10 drops 1500 coins every 2 hours, which is a very good coins source.

manusing
09-18-17, 09:19 AM
I am at level 8 carrousel and the drops are so unfair!!! The golden tickets are so rare!!! So no golden trade and very few mystery boxes.... Happy birthday Baron!! It will cost you almost nothing...

candie1230
09-18-17, 09:45 AM
Well, depends ... Lvl 10 carousel drops 1500 coins.
I never payed too much attention to coins, but since that mermaid quest, when half of my money disappeared, I started to look at coins drops and collect often too.

This drop is a good one.

That happened to you too??? I went from having like $4M to only a few hundred thousand... I was all wait, what happened to all my money???

brigadoon365
09-18-17, 10:10 AM
Sad...for several days, I got geese very very rarely. Now I get them occasionally. Took forever for my first hat. Then I finally got enough tickets to do a mystery box and my prize was ...wait for it....a wisp lantern. Seriously? I am in the process of gathering 50 cabbages. I might make it but I sure won't get any higher.

I hate these events with random drops. They are just frustrating and not fun. What a sucky birthday party. What is the point of a temporary building that takes so much time and resources?

confuzzled88
09-18-17, 10:37 AM
done about 20 mystery trades still no alicorn. :(

riverly
09-18-17, 11:20 AM
Now if the ugly goose would drop golden tickets , they would be valuable to this event. It should have been the goose that laid the golden ticket!!! Yea, I know. I just need to move on.

HuckleTown
09-18-17, 11:23 AM
★ oooo there's a limit of two ducks, and the craft is locked ★ :|

★ but why isn't this being mentioned on the craft description that only "2" can be crafted ? ★

★ why isn't this made upfront from the start ? ★ sigh :|

I just crafted and collected my second goose (no gem skip). My craft is still available and says *Max 3*

olcastle
09-18-17, 11:25 AM
Thank you from me and my goose, SW and S8! He gained his freedom today!

PikaSquirrel
09-18-17, 11:29 AM
The Ugly Goose craft has been updated. The limit of the Ugly Goose craft is now 3 from 2, it now also mentions that the maximum amount you can craft is 3.

bobbyrae
09-18-17, 11:32 AM
Sad...for several days, I got geese very very rarely. Now I get them occasionally. Took forever for my first hat. Then I finally got enough tickets to do a mystery box and my prize was ...wait for it....a wisp lantern. Seriously? I am in the process of gathering 50 cabbages. I might make it but I sure won't get any higher.

I hate these events with random drops. They are just frustrating and not fun. What a sucky birthday party. What is the point of a temporary building that takes so much time and resources?

I agree. I gave up on this since I get more fangbeasts and trolls than geese, no matter what I do. Collecting enough feathers is impossible :-/ Upgrading the carousel has been impossibly frustrating for me as well. I have yet to see a silver ticket too.

dipwid
09-18-17, 11:40 AM
Mystery drops for me so far:
Milk
Milk,
Throne and milk,
Shizu,
Throne and milk.
This will hopefully help someone calculating chances for certain items.

tromalyt
09-18-17, 12:17 PM
Mystery drops for me so far:
Milk
Milk,
Throne and milk,
Shizu,
Throne and milk.
This will hopefully help someone calculating chances for certain items.

Ummm. similar to mine. the throne never comes alone. A lot of milk also.

AnisWa
09-18-17, 12:44 PM
Great news, the Goose now can be crafted for Max of 3.....thank you for changing your minds S8!

planetyarnia
09-18-17, 12:44 PM
Thud.Just fainted....A baby Ali just came to my lands from the Mystery Trade!!
Can.Not.Believe.IT!!
So it IS possible!Good Luck to everyone!
L

peachtreeshoppe
09-18-17, 12:54 PM
I agree. I gave up on this since I get more fangbeasts and trolls than geese, no matter what I do. Collecting enough feathers is impossible :-/ Upgrading the carousel has been impossibly frustrating for me as well. I have yet to see a silver ticket too.

Leave something parked when you're not collecting from the carousel. Then **** it, collect from carousel spawning a goose, get it down to 2 HP and leave it for two hours. Finish it off when it's time to collect again, spawning another goose. If you get a collection w/o a goose, spawn a troll and **** it when it's time to collect again

NorthWoodsKingdom
09-18-17, 01:16 PM
The Ugly Goose craft has been updated. The limit of the Ugly Goose craft is now 3 from 2, it now also mentions that the maximum amount you can craft is 3.
OMG!! You listened! :eek:...was just logging on to squeal about this, lol!

Yayyyy, my 3rd ugly goose is no longer stuck in my workshop, HUZZAH!!
(That would be a :mad: face turned to a :D face)

...aaaaaand I've gotten 2 adorable baby alicorns from the Mystery Trades! *happy dance & finding some birthday cake to smash my shocked face into* LOL

THANK-YOU, S8!!! *cross-country cyber huggles*
:-*
(See how lovey-dovey & kissy-faced I can get when I'm HAPPY?! LOL!)

PS. Please pass onto the team to ALWAYS include max amounts in the future in the craft-menu-bar when they set hard cap limits.

maryamhjm
09-18-17, 01:29 PM
It would be nice if we all at least get 1 Alicorn. And please increase gold tickets S8, I have only received 7 now in total(level 8 now almost 9), while some have collected enough gold tickets at 7 days and still A week left for them to do plenty of mystery boxes.

LiriTanglethorn
09-18-17, 01:57 PM
It would be nice if we all at least get 1 Alicorn. And please increase gold tickets S8, I have only received 7 now in total(level 8 now almost 9), while some have collected enough gold tickets at 7 days and still A week left for them to do plenty of mystery boxes.

A week? I thought it was 3 days.

LuluBellax
09-18-17, 01:57 PM
Thud.Just fainted....A baby Ali just came to my lands from the Mystery Trade!!
Can.Not.Believe.IT!!
So it IS possible!Good Luck to everyone!
L

Congrats!

AnnirasSweets
09-18-17, 02:30 PM
A week? I thought it was 3 days.

There are only 3 days left now. I think what marymhjm meant was that some people had enough gold tickets 7 days into the event that they could finish the goals and use the remaining week to do mystery trades only but there are others who have yet to get enough gold tickets to even finish the goals.

HuckleTown
09-18-17, 03:37 PM
There are only 3 days left now. I think what marymhjm meant was that some people had enough gold tickets 7 days into the event that they could finish the goals and use the remaining week to do mystery trades only but there are others who have yet to get enough gold tickets to even finish the goals.

I am 20 cabbages and 3 wool from level 10, 2 geese and do not have enough gold tickets to make the pony. I'm trying to figure out how long to hold out before just crafting mystery boxes (not sure why, my S8 luck is of the unlucky variety so I'm sure only milk will be awarded and I'm not doing the mini animals...)

maryamhjm
09-18-17, 03:48 PM

Yes thanks that's what I meant

TimeForACuppaTea
09-18-17, 03:49 PM
Count me as one with few golden tickets, I have 7. I just fully upgraded the carousel to level 10 today so hopefully that will help. But I got it done 3 days before the event ends so clearly I've been playing and collecting often but only have 7.

Ive noticed that I'm still getting golden cabbages. Is there still a use for them once the carousel is level 10?

how is everyone getting the allicorn? Is it coming from one of the trades in the prize booth? Is it any trade or just the bottom one that takes 1 hour?

AnnirasSweets
09-18-17, 04:00 PM
Count me as one with few golden tickets, I have 7. I just fully upgraded the carousel to level 10 today so hopefully that will help. But I got it done 3 days before the event ends so clearly I've been playing and collecting often but only have 7.

Ive noticed that I'm still getting golden cabbages. Is there still a use for them once the carousel is level 10?

how is everyone getting the allicorn? Is it coming from one of the trades in the prize booth? Is it any trade or just the bottom one that takes 1 hour?

The golden cabbages serve no purpose after completing the carousel upgrades. The Alicorn is a possible prize in the Mystery Trade from the prize booth, there is a full list of available prizes on the first page.

Keegansmeegan
09-18-17, 05:41 PM
Hi - I saved up and got a goose thinking it would drop feathers. I'm really bummed because no feathers have dropped. Is it suppose to drop feathers? If not, why would you get one? Thank you!

PrincessCelestian
09-18-17, 05:48 PM
Hi - I saved up and got a goose thinking it would drop feathers. I'm really bummed because no feathers have dropped. Is it suppose to drop feathers? If not, why would you get one? Thank you!

It doesn't drop feathers. It drops tickets. I have only gotten bronze ones so far but that's good for me because bronze has been my hardest ones to come by

TimeForACuppaTea
09-18-17, 05:51 PM
Thanks, I'll stop wasting energy collecting golden cabbages.

just collected from the mystery trade and got 2 baron thrones (unless I had one from before and didn't know it) plus a tea cup poodle, plus a dragon. All from one collection.

I got a tea cup poodle the first time I did a mystery trade so now have 2.

Den8137259
09-18-17, 06:16 PM
I just crafted and collected my second goose (no gem skip). My craft is still available and says *Max 3*

Nice one there HuckleTown, and yaay Ty S8 for listening (:

janddolphins
09-18-17, 06:54 PM
Still plugging away for that pony as well. I've been a player who taps the carasoul 6-8 times a day, so you can't blame it on hours player or taps done. I'm guessing I've have near 200 bronze at this point (guessing because I constantly do the trade not to max out and waste it) with all those trades I got feathers twice along the way when they could have helped.

So again on the unlucky side and I keep playing, as I said earlier was having fun but getting worried about the pony. I've been level 10 a while now, others say every other drop is a gold ticket. For me on 10 it's about 1 in 4. Then I get wonderful little surprises like no tickets or goose when I tap. I tap after doing a couple things so that all the pop ups and loading a are done and it doesn't interfere.

Close to getting my goose now. People mention he drops tickets, can anyone confirm if he drops any golden? I'll have him tomorrow and that would be a huge help for another source of golden. I need at least 19 and I'm at 11 so 8 more to go (although I feel it's wrong I should have to pay for the prize with my hard work I'd be willing the cost of one ticket, 44 gems, beyond that we spiral too far)

So 8 golden tickets, or hopefully 9 before we end. Is it possible? I don't know but I sure hope so. If I make it I will have so many bronze and silver trades, if sadly I don't make it I will have a lot of mystery box trades. We will find out where I end up soon. Pray to the CS G-D's I get my pony! I would love the ali too, but I was fortunate enough to get one from videos last week which is why I'm not heartbroken if I don't do mystery.

Best of luck to those who are struggling and pushing through the final days with me!!

jesslau9
09-18-17, 07:18 PM
So again on the unlucky side and I keep playing, as I said earlier was having fun but getting worried about the pony. I've been level 10 a while now, others say every other drop is a gold ticket. For me on 10 it's about 1 in 4. Then I get wonderful little surprises like no tickets or goose when I tap. I tap after doing a couple things so that all the pop ups and loading a are done and it doesn't interfere.

Close to getting my goose now. People mention he drops tickets, can anyone confirm if he drops any golden? I'll have him tomorrow and that would be a huge help for another source of golden. I need at least 19 and I'm at 11 so 8 more to go (although I feel it's wrong I should have to pay for the prize with my hard work I'd be willing the cost of one ticket, 44 gems, beyond that we spiral too far)

So 8 golden tickets, or hopefully 9 before we end. Is it possible? I don't know but I sure hope so. If I make it I will have so many bronze and silver trades, if sadly I don't make it I will have a lot of mystery box trades. We will find out where I end up soon. Pray to the CS G-D's I get my pony! I would love the ali too, but I was fortunate enough to get one from videos last week which is why I'm not heartbroken if I don't do mystery.

Best of luck to those who are struggling and pushing through the final days with me!!

I traded all my gold tickets, since I'm not into another horse... the goose has only ever dropped bronze ticket for me though..

good luck on more golden tickets for your pony!

Listal
09-18-17, 07:45 PM
Has anyone got a dragon or an alicorn?

Also what does the baron thrown do?

SpiritWind00
09-18-17, 07:48 PM
Has anyone got a dragon or an alicorn?

Also what does the baron thrown do?
yes, quite a few players have posted about their success at getting these animals. The thrown is deco but does give some coins.

meeps_momma
09-18-17, 08:39 PM
Mystery box - So far a mossy block and a toadstool beam for me. Story of my life - always one event behind! 😜

topmom952
09-18-17, 09:43 PM
So, just got my 20th gold ticket. Do I craft the horse or do 20 mystery Box trades? I do have one gold mine, am maxed on golden eggs and have an ok supply of nuggets and apples, if that makes a difference.

LuluBellax
09-18-17, 11:43 PM
Shih tzu
Fangbeast milk
Toadstool beam
Mossy block
Throne & milk again
Teacup puddle
Fangbeast milk
2 energy (seriously?!)
1 gem
Throne & milk again
Fangbeast milk
Toadstool beam
Mossy block
Gold nugget
Shih tzu & throne
S. Milk
F. Milk
Wisp lantern
Throne & milk
Toadstool beam
Teacup puddle
Throne & wisp lantern
Starting to lose hope :/

TimeForACuppaTea
09-19-17, 12:53 AM
mystery trade drops
Tea cup poodle
Another tea cup poodle, baton throne, dragon
skunkupine milk (1)
wisp lantern (1)

I'm already out of bronze tickets so can't do the mystery box anymore. But what a let down the last two were. Wouldn't have been as disappointing if there had at least been more than just one. All that work and all those tickets for one of something that's otherwise pretty darn easy to get. Just utter disappointment.

Amarice
09-19-17, 01:08 AM
I invested the 20 Gold tickets for the pony as I have been super unlucky with the mystery boxes and wanted to get something out of the Event at least.

Mytery boxes only have me: Skunkupine and Fangbeast milk several times (and I have more than enough of that), Mossy Blocks and Toadstool Beams (can craft that a plenty without this) and I guess the only Thing I got so far that I cannot get easily in abundance otherwise so far was the throne :( well 2 more days, maybe I have some more luck in the coming trades I can get in before the Event ends.

jesslau9
09-19-17, 01:59 AM
My last 4 trades
Throne with 2 energy
Milk
Milk
gold nugget

Yet to see a expansion permit or alicorn :( :(

thitasha
09-19-17, 02:38 AM
Does anyone have exactly time of events end? My timer is already out...

SpiritWind00
09-19-17, 03:11 AM
the value pack in game has a timer of 1 day, 14 hours and 52 mins. In the blue book the goals have 2 days, so it's likely it's the same time as the value pack. Either way, they usually finish around 4 PM PST the day prior to 'update day'.

thitasha
09-19-17, 03:22 AM
the value pack in game has a timer of 1 day, 14 hours and 52 mins. In the blue book the goals have 2 days, so it's likely it's the same time as the value pack. Either way, they usually finish around 4 PM PST the day prior to 'update day'.

Thanks!

SpiritWind00
09-19-17, 03:25 AM
that's ok :) I hope that in the time remaining I can at least get the goose and the pony. I really need to find a way to play during the day!

Ann255780
09-19-17, 04:02 AM
Yay from mystery trade I got a expansion permit.:). On
other hand beforr that just milk and toodstead stuff. Hoping for pet or ali

eam13
09-19-17, 05:46 AM
Any word on whether tickets will be available after the event?

Indryia
09-19-17, 06:04 AM

Yes, it has been answered. And its NO
Its on the first page too. You can trade tickets during the Baron's Birthday Event only.

cavegirl1
09-19-17, 06:05 AM

S8 have said they won't be.

Inachis2V
09-19-17, 06:07 AM
Yay from mystery trade I got a expansion permit.:).
I got one too, but I can't find it in my inventory. And I have no idea where this expansion permit is located !

cold_ethyl
09-19-17, 06:50 AM
that's ok :) I hope that in the time remaining I can at least get the goose and the pony. I really need to find a way to play during the day!

> bathroom break? smoke break? lunch?

I bought the ticket booth and so have been able to get the Pony and one (1) ! mystery box trade because of it. I missed the gemming of the goose, or would have done that: so I opted to craft a goose instead of upgrading the merry-go-round. It sits at 9. Goose feathers have been a very low drop for me, and I've missed a few opportunities after collecting and having the game reset.

My plan now is to make an extra hat, shirt and thread for my "collection" inventory. If I'm really lucky, I'll be able to upgrade AND have collection pieces. But my collection will come first. :D

The disappointing thing is that the booth won't be useful after the event. I understand not wanting to "upset the ali balance" by keeping it around full time, but those items could be removed or rotated a la the Baron's Tent.

Indryia
09-19-17, 06:59 AM
I got one too, but I can't find it in my inventory. And I have no idea where this expansion permit is located !

Maybe its under Decorations tab, in your inventory.
Try force close too, if you won it recently.

jbfps116
09-19-17, 07:05 AM
seriously i've had it!! I've spent over 300 gems speedign up the building to get tickets foy mystery trade.. not one alicorn or permit. just give us an alicorn or dont. enough of this random junk

jbfps116
09-19-17, 07:10 AM
if you think about it it's quite unfair for people to do same or harder work / gem spending and some get an alicorn and others don't.

zoroak
09-19-17, 08:56 AM

It will be somewhere under materials tab.

LuluBellax
09-19-17, 10:03 AM
seriously i've had it!! I've spent over 300 gems speedign up the building to get tickets foy mystery trade.. not one alicorn or permit. just give us an alicorn or dont. enough of this random junk

I've spent 130 so far, also no permit, dragon, not to mention alicorn. It's getting frustrating especially because I'm constantly out of brown tickets and there's no way to exchange silver or gold for brown.

Inachis2V
09-19-17, 10:18 AM
Thanks Indryia and Zoroak !
But the expansion permit is not to be found in my inventory ☹️.
I checked in every tabs, and I have the only that I crafted myself.
The one that I got in the game is no where to be found. :-(((

maryamhjm
09-19-17, 10:41 AM
Last 2 mystery box trades: skunk milk/ fang milk sigh

Passera
09-19-17, 10:42 AM
I have a whopping 3 gold tickets! I was able to craft the goose last night and need 5 more feathers to craft a hat and level up my carousel to 8 the drop rates for me during this event were horrible. :(

maryamhjm
09-19-17, 10:49 AM

This is exactly the reason I do not buy gems, because in the end almost everything is due to luck in this game. When S8 is going to change the odds and reward according to hard work( like most events in dragon story) then I have no problem with investing money in the game but untill then, I will keep my money in my pocket.

meme1098
09-19-17, 10:52 AM
This is exactly the reason I do not buy gems, because in the end almost everything is due to luck in this game. When S8 is going to change the odds and reward according to hard work( like most events in dragon story) then I have no problem with investing money in the game but untill then, I will keep my money in my pocket.

I was gonna hit the * under your ID & leave a rep comment, but just noticed they've disappeared already. Just add a 'Like' button S8.

Andro45
09-19-17, 12:04 PM
Well, I got a baby dragon from a trade. I don't need one, but it's cute and I think I will not let it grow up.

The drops from the trades were pretty much useless, except from the teacup poodles in both my kingdoms (just got one in kingdom #1) and one expansion permit in #2.
And I got geese spawning from the bronze trade but not from the carousel :confused: That's a nice trade...instead of getting one feather you get one goose which you have to spend energy on...oh wait like a pinata...:rolleyes:...

I will get my carousels to level 8, but I'm not going to ask for birthday invites. I won't need more golden cabbages, there's no way I'm going to get the carousel to level 9 or even 10.

I thought this event would be fun, but it's a little underwhelming.

Indryia
09-19-17, 12:10 PM

if you think about it it's quite unfair for people to do same or harder work / gem spending and some get an alicorn and others don't.

I am sorry for saying this ... I understand your frustration, same for everyone, but ... to spend 300 gems for a random gift its only on you.
Seeing your posts number, you are around for some time now and you probably already know this game is based on randomness. Every single time.

I don't say its fair or not, but this its a game for us ... for them its a business. Its their milk cow. And if they will give an alicorn to everyone, and if they will make quests so easy that everyone will finish them in 3 days without gems or whatever ... who will buy gems and make this game profitable ? And who doesn't like some adrenaline too ?

I know most of you wont agree with me, but I play this game for awhile now, and very late I started to buy gems to help myself.
And trust me when I am telling you, every quest is made to be finish without 1 gem spending.
I have done so many and I finished in time, not even by speeding up buildings. Yes, they might require more time, but they all be done in time.

Plus, this game offers you the possibility to make a lot of gems. From videos, trades, purple cow, adventures, etc ... I made more than 500 gems this years this way. If someone spend those gems in useless decorations and speeding up buildings just because they lack some patience, I don't think its S8 fault.

I wish I had an alicorn army too, instead I have only one and I keep playing, I have patience and I enjoy my game. And I am trying to log in as often as I can. Every 2 hours you have full energy and its enough for many things.

Whats so big deal an alicorn anyway? I don't even use mine so often lol Honestly I will like to have more daily ones, to collect on different hours, that one who gives me energy once a week. I am just hopping for expansion permits

Anyway, I am sorry again. I am just getting exhausted when I see some aggressivity and so many complaints, when you all should just take it for what it is !

jbfps116
09-19-17, 12:19 PM
true i should learn from the lesson that S8 IS the Baron lol
at least i got the new puppies

HuckleTown
09-19-17, 12:25 PM
Indryia, its true you can earn gems from normal game play. I, also, have earned over 500. Unfortunately I only have 200 because of the (S8 devised I'm sure ;| ) gem traps.... just another plea for a confirmation button.

Back on topic: I'm debating if the pony is worth it (figuring it's not really a gold drop). What have people gotten as drops?

Andro45
09-19-17, 12:38 PM
Back on topic: I'm debating if the pony is worth it (figuring it's not really a gold drop). What have people gotten as drops?
I understand your hesitation, because many times the animals weren't worth the effort (eg. The dark/light steed which dropped a whopping 3 gems since I got it), but most of the times the promised gold drops are rare but still happening.

Ooh, I just got 100 or 99 energy from my wedding ali *insert smiley with big eyes*

janddolphins
09-19-17, 01:05 PM
One frustration I have to let out. I am really pushing for the pony. 12 golden tickets, collecting every two hours. TWO of my PAST THREE collections did not give ANY tickets. One gave nothing at all, the second gave a goose but no tickets. This is beyond unfair and if this keeps happening there is no chance of me getting the pony. Someone please tell me this is being fixed ASAP and we are being reimbursed for the collections that faltered?

maryamhjm
09-19-17, 01:49 PM
I am sorry for saying this ... I understand your frustration, same for everyone, but ... to spend 300 gems for a random gift its only on you.
Seeing your posts number, you are around for some time now and you probably already know this game is based on randomness. Every single time.

I don't say its fair or not, but this its a game for us ... for them its a business. Its their milk cow. And if they will give an alicorn to everyone, and if they will make quests so easy that everyone will finish them in 3 days without gems or whatever ... who will buy gems and make this game profitable ? And who doesn't like some adrenaline too ?

I know most of you wont agree with me, but I play this game for awhile now, and very late I started to buy gems to help myself.
And trust me when I am telling you, every quest is made to be finish without 1 gem spending.
I have done so many and I finished in time, not even by speeding up buildings. Yes, they might require more time, but they all be done in time.

Plus, this game offers you the possibility to make a lot of gems. From videos, trades, purple cow, adventures, etc ... I made more than 500 gems this years this way. If someone spend those gems in useless decorations and speeding up buildings just because they lack some patience, I don't think its S8 fault.

I wish I had an alicorn army too, instead I have only one and I keep playing, I have patience and I enjoy my game. And I am trying to log in as often as I can. Every 2 hours you have full energy and its enough for many things.

Whats so big deal an alicorn anyway? I don't even use mine so often lol Honestly I will like to have more daily ones, to collect on different hours, that one who gives me energy once a week. I am just hopping for expansion permits

Anyway, I am sorry again. I am just getting exhausted when I see some aggressivity and so many complaints, when you all should just take it for what it is !

I agree partly, yes it is just a game and I do enjoy playing it most of the time and take it for what it is otherwise it is no fun, and yes when patient you can save gems from different animals/drops/ adventures BUT it is very annoying to save for a long time and then the game freezes and you lose gems, it is almost as if S8 does it on purpose, so again :S8 WE NEED AN CONFIRMATION BUTTON.
I do not agree that every event/quest is made to finish for everyone without spending gems. I haven't finished an event for a while now and I haven't upgraded any of my buildings to level 10 and I play every hour to 2 hours, so with hard work still not able to finish till the end, I even spend my well saved gems for the Onyx temple event but still wasn't able to finish so that was double frustrating.
In this event I have so far collected about 8-10 gold tickets and my building was level 5 plus from approx. Day 5, so 8-10 gold tickets in 9 days,no way to collect enough for main prize. So I started using them for mystery boxes and "won" 2 Shih Tzu dogs so that is quite good as I do not had any dogs yet.
And also I would buy gems if they weren't so outrageously expensive, I mean 600 gems for an Alicorn is 20+ Pound for graphics, 100 gems per 1 pound is more realistic. At least if I buy a pc/xbox/psp game you have the full version for 40 pound but with this game it can costs hundreds dare I say thousands of pounds/dollars.

But on topic, S8 please increase gold ticket drops and gold cabbages, I am at level 9 and maybe just maybe this can be my first finished level 10 building.

janddolphins
09-19-17, 03:48 PM
Here is my plan, let me know what you guys think. I'm still going and despite two drops giving me tickets at all I was lucky that I have had 2 gold since. Originally I was just going to hit 19 and pay the 44 gems for the last. Realizing how inexpensive it is to speed ahead, I believe since it's 8 gems for the full two hours it will be 4 at one hour. If every hour I gem ahead for my tickets, I have a greater chance of hitting 20 gold, and even if it takes 11 hours for the 44 gems, I believe I will have gotten there a lot faster saving me time.

This also gives me the ability to collect from both the carousel and pony, both potential golden drops, and while set on bronze and silver, each time I get new gold ones it's another mystery box for me. I've been an insomniac lately so aside from naps I'm set to go every hour. It seems like a solid plan to me and as I said even if I don't make 20, I'm 11 hours ahead to try a couple more times.

Am I missing any huge flaws in my plan that you guys see?

calicokittennope
09-19-17, 03:54 PM
Okay, all prize ratios and drops aside...

Also my pain medication has kicked in.

I think s8 was real smooth about this party.

I googled to see what a real pfefferknot pony looks like.

There isn't one? Is the word pfefferknot a castle story related inside joke?

I cannot even get it to translate.

Except if I type phefferknot (ph not pf) on google translate page I get "frisian detected" to english: thread knot

I still say he's a donkey. Representing the Baron as a donkey. :| heh...

Then the tiny little throne to further mock the Baron. He's a big guy but it is tiny. Tiny little throne, tiny little power in a kingdom.

The golden cabbages to insult him as well. Just lol...

The geese... this one I had to think about a bit. They're goofy and the Baron's ideas are too, but there is surely more to it than that.

Then I realised geese are noisy and just don't shut up any time they use my yard as a migration break.

Just like the Baron!

I'd say this was a good Insult-the-Baron Party for all the insults built in.

Then again I might be wrong and just too zinged on medication to know what's what.

cavegirl1
09-19-17, 03:58 PM
Posting to get the power of the post

I haven't had a gold ticket in the past 24 hours and am sitting on 18. I would like to get 3 more, with very limited playing time - just so I can complete the pony and do one mystery trade (just because - I don't expect anything useful from it ;) ).

Let's see if this works!

cavegirl1
09-19-17, 04:00 PM
Okay, all prize ratios and drops aside...

Also my pain medication has kicked in.

I think s8 was real smooth about this party.

I googled to see what a real pfefferknot pony looks like.

There isn't one? Is the word pfefferknot a castle story related inside joke?

Yes, it's the Baron's name :)

Indryia
09-19-17, 05:00 PM
Here is my plan, let me know what you guys think. I'm still going and despite two drops giving me tickets at all I was lucky that I have had 2 gold since. Originally I was just going to hit 19 and pay the 44 gems for the last. Realizing how inexpensive it is to speed ahead, I believe since it's 8 gems for the full two hours it will be 4 at one hour. If every hour I gem ahead for my tickets, I have a greater chance of hitting 20 gold, and even if it takes 11 hours for the 44 gems, I believe I will have gotten there a lot faster saving me time.

This also gives me the ability to collect from both the carousel and pony, both potential golden drops, and while set on bronze and silver, each time I get new gold ones it's another mystery box for me. I've been an insomniac lately so aside from naps I'm set to go every hour. It seems like a solid plan to me and as I said even if I don't make 20, I'm 11 hours ahead to try a couple more times.

Am I missing any huge flaws in my plan that you guys see?

Yeah, I think the speeding thing it will worth. If I was in the same case, I will do the same.
Plus, if you don't have 3 geese, every collection of the carousel can spawn a goose and you can have more feathers too.

Indryia
09-19-17, 05:03 PM
Posting to get the power of the post

I haven't had a gold ticket in the past 24 hours and am sitting on 18. I would like to get 3 more, with very limited playing time - just so I can complete the pony and do one mystery trade (just because - I don't expect anything useful from it ;) ).

Let's see if this works!

You go, girl !

Power of the post, power to the people !

topmom952
09-19-17, 05:09 PM
I decided to craft the pony, then got two more gold tickets. Milk both trades. Hopefully I will get a few more gold tickets before the event ends.

Jaybeast72
09-19-17, 05:33 PM
I agree partly, yes it is just a game and I do enjoy playing it most of the time and take it for what it is otherwise it is no fun, and yes when patient you can save gems from different animals/drops/ adventures BUT it is very annoying to save for a long time and then the game freezes and you lose gems, it is almost as if S8 does it on purpose, so again :S8 WE NEED AN CONFIRMATION BUTTON.
I do not agree that every event/quest is made to finish for everyone without spending gems. I haven't finished an event for a while now and I haven't upgraded any of my buildings to level 10 and I play every hour to 2 hours, so with hard work still not able to finish till the end, I even spend my well saved gems for the Onyx temple event but still wasn't able to finish so that was double frustrating.
In this event I have so far collected about 8-10 gold tickets and my building was level 5 plus from approx. Day 5, so 8-10 gold tickets in 9 days,no way to collect enough for main prize. So I started using them for mystery boxes and "won" 2 Shih Tzu dogs so that is quite good as I do not had any dogs yet.
And also I would buy gems if they weren't so outrageously expensive, I mean 600 gems for an Alicorn is 20+ Pound for graphics, 100 gems per 1 pound is more realistic. At least if I buy a pc/xbox/psp game you have the full version for 40 pound but with this game it can costs hundreds dare I say thousands of pounds/dollars.

But on topic, S8 please increase gold ticket drops and gold cabbages, I am at level 9 and maybe just maybe this can be my first finished level 10 building.

Thaaank you. S8 was way different when I started. It's like they lost their way somewhere between customer loyalty (if they ever even had that) & profit. I really like the prizes of this event...i love cute little animals, so Ive stuck around to see it through. I've been glued to the game the whole time. Ive done 8 mystery trades and have 8 gold. All I've gotten is the pink poodle which I acquired on the very first trade I did. Since then Ive only earned enough tickets to do 7 more mystery trades and I even broke down on Day 4 and got the ticket exchange. Yes, S8 could have this be a little more fun, a little less frustrating. And yeah the prices are insane for graphics. A few dollars I understand, $50 is ridiculous. But they can and will get away with it bc we all keep playing and spending the money. The other player you were responding to is exactly why they thrive, bc we are most likely the minority. I refuse to spend money and always will until they get a confirmation button, lower their prices, adhere to their promises (peacock energy drops, light steed gem drops) or at least give more detailed info on what constitutes as "a chance", and I see some customer loyalty. Yes, I do believe they do it on purpose. And even more so this is why Im trying to leave S8 behind. Trying being the operative word here...Ive already quite all other S8 games last year. Played ALL of the simulated versions religiously for 4yrs up until then. But I will eventually succeed... not my fault they had to break out the cute little animals and lure me back b4 I even left. ;}

janddolphins
09-19-17, 05:58 PM
Well my plan WAS working, first collection at one hour, got a gold ticket, going in and the game loads, I have learned not to tap or play anything while it loads. So tell me how, while I clicked NOTHING it bought me 30 energy for 50 gems???? And 2 days ago I lost 20 something. I'm all to familiar with the traps and was once a victim all the time. But I play so careful now it almost never happens. But of course I lose 50 during the event and now I don't have enough for 11 skips. 26 gems left I will have to play them out and hope luck is on my side with gold tickets and I get a few gems from videos today, plus I'll do a trade for 5 for tomorrow. But still, I've had bad luck and shrugged it off but to have my account buy something and waste gems without my touching it to me is really wrong and I know there is not even enough time to attempt customer support who does not help on these issues. It's just so disheartening as I posted above all excited with my plan to get the pony and have a day with mystery boxes and all my hard work the past two weeks and I'm feeling pessimistic now

Sorry that while I was positive all the way I now turned due to those traps that I along with others just beg to be removed. All I can say is wish me luck and lots of gold tickets! There was no way I could play more than I did

*just have to say I've adjusted my play so much to avoid traps and I can't remember the last one and I get two during the event? Seems fishy. Especially losing 50 right after posting my plan for the pony tonight and being able to have a full day for mysteries. I'll still get the pony, hopefully sooner than later and I manage to do some mysteries. Done wallowing as it does no good since S8 won't return the gems they took. They will find a way to say I did it. They always do. Now I understand a bit the frustration of others who lost gems during event. Let's show them and get the prizes!!!!

*happy edit. We might be teasing the Baron but apparently he is the only one who loves me right now Haha. Got an Alicorn in his tent :)

Jaybeast72
09-19-17, 06:40 PM
INDRYIA: Yeah, I disagree, too. I earn gems and play consistantly as well. In fact, Ive only ever spent money twice on this game. I've played for 5yrs and I do not have an Alicorn. Lately, it isnt possible to finish without spending an unreasonable amount of of money. It used to be. Many people on this forum are seasoned long-time loyal S8 players. They know what they're doing, so trust me when I say that when a pattern of dissatisfaction develops, it's usually "on the money" (topic-appropriate pun intended, lol). And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe the increasingly, in addition to pre-existing, unethical practices emplyed by S8 for profit. Yeah, they must make money. But company culture also contributes to profits... for example, I've heard players say they've purchased packages during favorable events just to support S8 or bc they we're enjoying themselves and wanted to contribute. This brand image is taken into consideration when customer's prioritize their entertainment spending. And it's easier to throw away $2.99 than it is $14.99. Not to mention those that won't spend out of principle. If we knew are gems we're safe via a confirmation button, we might be more reassured to spend money more frequently rather than sporadically when needed (i.e. during sales even when we didn't per se need the gems). The profit-focused reputation of S8 forgoes potential revenue unknown from a more customer-focused approach, thus they most likely cancel each other out. So yeah, we're all aware they have to make money, yet you're more correct than you know in calling it a "cash cow," bc that is exactly what players are expressing as their brand impression (not good for business). Many businesses manage to succeed both in profit and in customer satisfaction. They are not mutually exclusive. That being said, yes it is a game, it is entertainment. If I go to a restaurant, not only do I not want to pay $900 for my meal (unless it's an exclusive 2yr waitlisted 3 Michelin Star experienced which isnt what I'd exactly compare S8 graphics to...though they may believe they are, lol), I'd expect no more than the standard "table for two" $100, but I also expect that if the Waiter trips and spills my food on the floor that I don't have to still pay for it (i.e. confirmation button/gem loss scenario)... I certainly understand your point, however I hope this helps clarify and put into perspective the viewpoints of those players who feel differently, myself included.

HuckleTown
09-19-17, 06:51 PM
Dolphins: I hurt for you. Gem stealing is low and mean. Even more so when you play purposely not to lose gems. I hope you are still able to complete your goals.

Ps: please don't remove Jay's post. I know it's off topic but we just never get to have places to air and discuss real grievances (could we have a thread that allows a discussion on players opinions of S8 perceived treatment of game strategy?)

FrostedThings
09-19-17, 06:55 PM
I usually spend money during events just because I want to and enjoy it. I have not and will not spend anything for this "celebration."

The milks are an absolute slap in the face, as are those toadstool blocks and beams. I don't like the toadstool stuff and am not going to be turning any of my buildings into toad buildings. I have all the babies and don't want more. The throne is simply lame since it hardly drops any coins at all. The dogs' drops were changed and now they're just like every other space hogging, useless animal that go into storage. Two energies is an insult.

I'm just DONE with this event. Ugh.

janddolphins
09-19-17, 08:34 PM
Thanks Huckle, I appreciate it!

Update: I'm still going and will use what I have. 15 gold so I imagine I will make the pony. I'm running the trades only because they are so high. I don't mind so extra wool or dyes, the cabbage is a waste. Have to see if anything is worthwhile in silver out of event, but bronze has some things at least and I don't mind restocking on them. As I said I just have to get over the game stealing from me. I know they won't return, even though I hit nothing, the game's biggest flaw and why they lost money from me. A lot of players say that but clearly they have enough paying big bucks they don't care that they lost some.

Edit: Up to 16, 4 to go! I may just in fact have all day tomorrow for mystery boxes! I'm staying up until I hit 20 lol. Just some medical procedures I can sleep through tomorrow so I don't mind pushing through

As for the actual event and strategy:

Hindsight is 20/20, I realize many of this played this event wrong. It clicked now, just my opinion others may agree or disagree, curious to know what you think.

This is for those who did not buy the ticket booth and our strategy:
I was holding most of my bronze, doing a few trades a day since there where so many, and I held my silver tickets so once I had the pony I could start doing the mystery exchange. I didn't use any gold as I saved it for my pony.

Now I realize I should have had silver and bronze running constantly for they would have helped level me to 10 faster (still holding my gold) and once I reached 10, several days earlier, my gold would have increased to get the pony. At that point, once I was at 10, those trades were no longer needed unless you were high up and hopefully the pony was in sight. Around day 6 or so we probably would have had the pony and between pony and level 10 with gold coming in we would just be running lots of mystery trades. At least that's how I would do it given a second chance.

Did in fact anyone play this way and if so what day did you get your pony and have you made many mystery exchanges as I imagined?

confuzzled88
09-20-17, 02:21 AM
Drop rates for mystery trade are so bad. Wanting an alicorn keep getting thrones or dogs.

Solientus
09-20-17, 02:26 AM
@janddolphins
Anytime i use my gems is in the first few days of the event to get the building as high as i can, as quickly as i can. This particular event I gemmed 2 hats since feathers was my issue near the start.
Generally the higher level of your building = the better the drops = the more days you have to collect a greater quantity of event items.

I got the pony around day 5, so i was free to do mystery trades after that. My mystery trades haven't been coming along that abundantly though due to low amounts of bronze in my kingdom. I've been doing 2-4 Mystery Box trades a day.
It's a shame though that the ticket drops were removed from the doggie pets.

Ann255780
09-20-17, 03:57 AM
OMG I got my 1st full Ali I am so happy:o from the mystery trade

jbfps116
09-20-17, 04:10 AM
at this point with how many trades i've done even if I get the alicorn it won't feel very amazing. It's not even luck, it's pure randomness

HuckleTown
09-20-17, 04:12 AM
Janddolphins:

I did not get the ticket booth and did not gem:

I ran bronze and silver trades keeping enough of each for 3 mystery trades (just in case I reached 20+ gold). There were some helpful gifts: red thread (3 or 4), wool, blue stones, a couple of cabbages and 1 red hat. I leveled to 10 yesterday morning. Cabbages and wool were the items I waited for.

I stopped running trades after leveling up because I dont want extra event materials so I have over 50 bronze tickets.

I finally got my 20th gold ticket last night and just collected the Pony. Hopefully some gold tickets show up (1 did).

pongkay
09-20-17, 04:20 AM
The milks are an absolute slap in the face, as are those toadstool blocks and beams. I don't like the toadstool stuff and am not going to be turning any of my buildings into toad buildings. I have all the babies and don't want more. The throne is simply lame since it hardly drops any coins at all. The dogs' drops were changed and now they're just like every other space hogging, useless animal that go into storage. Two energies is an insult.

Agree!!! A celebration that's not a celebration with those prizes!! I wonder how many got the coveted Ali :confused:

maryamhjm
09-20-17, 04:44 AM

Agree!!! A celebration that's not a celebration with those prizes!! I wonder how many got the coveted Ali :confused:

I agree completely, a gold ticket alone is worth 44 gems, so a mystery box should not give milk ,ever, there are so many better prizes it can give, even a trade ticket would be better or give milk as an extra prize but not only 1 milk or 2 energy(1 really as you have to click once to get it )waiting 3 minutes doing nothing gives 1 energy S8 so how can you make it a gift for all the trouble we did???

kindefarm1890
09-20-17, 04:50 AM
For those who like to keep track of the drop rates from the mystery box I have received these items so far. 1-Gem, 2-Flyger Milk, 3-Fang Milk, 4-Skunkupine Milk, 5-Tea Cup Poodle, 6-Skunkupine Milk and Throne, 7-Wisp Lantern, 8-Toadstool Beam, 9-Mossy Block, 10-Wisp Lantern, 11-Wisp Lantern, 12-Skunkupine Milk, 13-Throne, 14-Gold Nugget, 15-Flyger Milk, 16-Toadstool Beam, 17-Mossy Block, 18-Skunkupine Milk and Throne, 19-Shih Tzu, 20-Energy, 21-Gem, 22-Throne, 23-Tea Cup Poodle.

I should be able to complete two more mystery trades before the event ends but I am not hopeful that I will receive the Alicorn or even a permit. I did spend gems on the goose and the ticket booth. For me the ticket booth did help out in creating the gold tickets for the pony. Spent only 55 gems this event and getting 7 'pets' was worth it even if some of them will wind up in storage.

Congratulations to all the players who wanted and won the Alicorn. Good luck to those who are still trying for the Alicorn or even the pony.

peachtreeshoppe
09-20-17, 05:24 AM
I got an alicorn!!!!!! My first weekly alicorn! I've been saving up earned gems since last Thanksgiving for this year's Black Friday sale and I reached 420 this week. (I was sidetracked by the gold mine sale, knowing I could earn back its cost in time.) Looks like I should have two come November, then I'm set. So excited. Took a lot of tries and effort the first week upgrading as fast as possible, but thrilled with the outcome. Good luck to everyone else. I hope people can earn them through the booth, hut or ads in the coming month. Hooray!

Next thing I'm saving up for: my first cabbage hut.

HuckleTown
09-20-17, 06:52 AM
Ugh, S8 is just trying to frustrate me: first with all the baby milk and toadstool stuff-I'm not interested and I can't get rid of it or gift it to neighbors-
Now, i have planned the carousel event perfectly with no resource left over after upgrading to level 10. I'm not collecting from my farmhouses, I'm not chopping rocks. I'm not doing bronze and silver trades. So what do I get from my milk and egg trade in the exchange: a golden cabbage!!!! Really, are you just trying to make me mad?

hagypagy
09-20-17, 07:25 AM
So it seems I've been incredibly lucky...

I've had 4 Alicorns drop!! And 2 expansion permits!!!

I had the Baron's Carousel to LVL10 Day 7 and just been doing mystery trades since.
No gems spent (except the 30 for the Ticket Booth)
I got the Ticket Booth and converted all my early tickets to gold.
Got the Pony Day 7 also. I've tamed 3 Geese too.
Had a constant supply of tickets with all these.

Stymie52
09-20-17, 07:44 AM

I had the Baron's Carousel to LVL10 Day 7 and just been doing mystery trades since.

Congrats! 4 alicorns and 2 expansion permits is stupendous. I am sick of milks, mossy blocks, 1 energy, and thrones. This should have been an event of special and attainable prizes. Hope the next event is better.

meme1098
09-20-17, 08:06 AM
I sure hope someone will report to S8 everyone's dislike of the milk, throwns, & toadstool items. I feel those are just a slap in the face. No one needs are wants this junk, S8.

peachtreeshoppe
09-20-17, 08:50 AM
Thanks Huckle, I appreciate it!

Update: I'm still going and will use what I have. 15 gold so I imagine I will make the pony. I'm running the trades only because they are so high. I don't mind so extra wool or dyes, the cabbage is a waste. Have to see if anything is worthwhile in silver out of event, but bronze has some things at least and I don't mind restocking on them. As I said I just have to get over the game stealing from me. I know they won't return, even though I hit nothing, the game's biggest flaw and why they lost money from me. A lot of players say that but clearly they have enough paying big bucks they don't care that they lost some.

Edit: Up to 16, 4 to go! I may just in fact have all day tomorrow for mystery boxes! I'm staying up until I hit 20 lol. Just some medical procedures I can sleep through tomorrow so I don't mind pushing through

As for the actual event and strategy:

Hindsight is 20/20, I realize many of this played this event wrong. It clicked now, just my opinion others may agree or disagree, curious to know what you think.

This is for those who did not buy the ticket booth and our strategy:
I was holding most of my bronze, doing a few trades a day since there where so many, and I held my silver tickets so once I had the pony I could start doing the mystery exchange. I didn't use any gold as I saved it for my pony.

Now I realize I should have had silver and bronze running constantly for they would have helped level me to 10 faster (still holding my gold) and once I reached 10, several days earlier, my gold would have increased to get the pony. At that point, once I was at 10, those trades were no longer needed unless you were high up and hopefully the pony was in sight. Around day 6 or so we probably would have had the pony and between pony and level 10 with gold coming in we would just be running lots of mystery trades. At least that's how I would do it given a second chance.

Did in fact anyone play this way and if so what day did you get your pony and have you made many mystery exchanges as I imagined?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing today!!! I'm maxed on bronze all the time and I should have been trading it early on for supplies to upgrade. Why didn't any of us realize this? I guess we didn't think we'd get four or five bronze tickets in a single collection down the line?

Adding in to the conversation about the booth drops... I personally don't feel the need to collect toadstool supplies, but they really are a decent prize. Would you be angry about getting a feast that isn't your favorite feast? Or ornate instead of enchanted beams? They're a ready-to-go item that some might want. Yes a lot of people have each of the babies, but a lot don't. I'd prefer gems, alicorns and the like of course, but I don't think it's the same as giving a fur, bacon or a cow milk.

Edit: the throne should drop 1000+ coins though. No reason not to, really. We're pouring money into the mermaid quest, why not help it along?

HappyHeartBakery
09-20-17, 08:56 AM
looking for opinions.
with less than 10 hours left in event, have leveled carousel to lvl 10. have my 1 goose.
but I am sitting at 16 gold tickets. I will be out of wifi soon, so might have time for 1 or 2 more collections (unless i spend valuable gems to sped carousel).

Should I gem to chance getting 4 more gold tickets OR just go for as many Mystery Box trades as I can get done?

peachtreeshoppe
09-20-17, 08:57 AM
Ugh, S8 is just trying to frustrate me: first with all the baby milk and toadstool stuff-I'm not interested and I can't get rid of it or gift it to neighbors-
Now, i have planned the carousel event perfectly with no resource left over after upgrading to level 10. I'm not collecting from my farmhouses, I'm not chopping rocks. I'm not doing bronze and silver trades. So what do I get from my milk and egg trade in the exchange: a golden cabbage!!!! Really, are you just trying to make me mad?

The golden cabbage has been part of that trade for the whole event. Stinks you just discovered that now, but it was really helpful when I was upgrading. I thought it was a nice little "Easter egg" to find. So many of us do the milk/egg trade daily, doing so yielded an event-related bonus!

peachtreeshoppe
09-20-17, 09:00 AM
looking for opinions.
with less than 10 hours left in event, have leveled carousel to lvl 10. have my 1 goose.
but I am sitting at 16 gold tickets. I will be out of wifi soon, so might have time for 1 or 2 more collections (unless i spend valuable gems to sped carousel).

Should I gem to chance getting 4 more gold tickets OR just go for as many Mystery Box trades as I can get done?

Unless you love the pony, mystery boxes. I semi-regret the pony. My other silly horses are in storage and I'm sure this guy will be soon, too. Expansion permits, gems and alicorns would have been much more useful, even if I only got one or two of any of them.

danzplace
09-20-17, 09:05 AM
I am happy with the event overall. Yes, it's not events of the past where you can achieve everything, but it was still nice. I spent gems on the tickets booth and do have an Ali- yeah - but won't have enough to earn the pony. I can go either way on the moving carousel as it uses more memory. I do appreciate the high coin return. Perhaps the pony can be a Black Friday special. Overall, happy anniversary S8. Still love the game, though it can be frustrating at times. I do miss whole events being possible too. Good luck too all getting an Ali!

AnisWa
09-20-17, 09:38 AM

I'd say you're extremely lucky! Congrats, especially on the expansion permits. How has your luck been on the daily free gifts? I've only received 1000 coins or 1 gem for the videos.
I completed the event 4 days ago. I've done mystery box numerous times. Rec'd 1 Ali, 6 thrones. 4 Shih Tzu, 1 tea cup poodle, 3 milk, 5 mossy blocks, 2 toadstool beams, a couple of times, I rec'd absolutely nothing from the drop. Crafted 2 goose. Was able to buy 1 goose.
I've decided to stop playing and just concentrate on collecting from the energy items from today until the new event begins. I did the same before the Baron's birthday began. It helped me do more goals in the beginning.

peachtreeshoppe
09-20-17, 09:42 AM
I just realized post 1 calls this a community event, but there weren't any community objects. It seems like it nearly was a community event, but only with individual prizes via mystery trade or gold pony trade. Has there been anything like this setup before?

maryamhjm
09-20-17, 10:22 AM
The pony really should have been an Alicorn as it is a special occasion, a lot of players would use gems for it to make sure to get it.
What about having an Alicorn as the main prize allong with a crafting building and then players can choose which prize they want and if they want both they have the obtion to buy it with gems. Some will want the Alicorn but some the building or both, because there are a lot of players that do not want anymore pets, this way we get to choose(just a thought)

peachtreeshoppe
09-20-17, 10:57 AM
The pony really should have been an Alicorn as it is a special occasion, a lot of players would use gems for it to make sure to get it.
What about having an Alicorn as the main prize allong with a crafting building and then players can choose which prize they want and if they want both they have the obtion to buy it with gems. Some will want the Alicorn but some the building or both, because there are a lot of players that do not want anymore pets, this way we get to choose(just a thought)

Makes sense, like the two horse prize where you chose one or the other. But with buildings and alicorn, which people want!

Jaybeast72
09-20-17, 11:19 AM
I was thinking the EXACT same thing today!!! I'm maxed on bronze all the time and I should have been trading it early on for supplies to upgrade. Why didn't any of us realize this? I guess we didn't think we'd get four or five bronze tickets in a single collection down the line?

Adding in to the conversation about the booth drops... I personally don't feel the need to collect toadstool supplies, but they really are a decent prize. Would you be angry about getting a feast that isn't your favorite feast? Or ornate instead of enchanted beams? They're a ready-to-go item that some might want. Yes a lot of people have each of the babies, but a lot don't. I'd prefer gems, alicorns and the like of course, but I don't think it's the same as giving a fur, bacon or a cow milk.

I disagree, bc ornate and/or enchanted beams&blocks contribute to multiple bldgs and events on down the line, whereas toadstool beams&blocks only contribute to toadstool bldgs. Also to what "JandDolphins" stated, I did this event to that effect correctly via upgrading first & awaiting trades and was very unlucky. Im at Carousel Lvl9, have the ticket exchange, played every 2hrs, only have done 8 mystery trades total, 2 bronze trades, and am waiting on 8gold tickets for mule, 7feathers for the goose. Thats how bad my Carousel ticket drops & spawns have been & I advanced to Lvl9 3days ago?!? Explain that? Ive gotten the poodle from mystery trade, but other than that Ive gotten 2thrones, 1toadstool beam & 1 block, everal skunkupine milks. Thats it! Sometimes Im only getting 1bronze ticket from Carousel drops. Had to stop at Carousel Lvl9 just in order to have a chance at a goose. But yes, most times I agree it's strategy and somewhere in there is the algorithim for "luck/randomness" too or so I thought... my "luck" has been utter beeswax.

HuckleTown
09-20-17, 11:20 AM
The golden cabbage has been part of that trade for the whole event. Stinks you just discovered that now, but it was really helpful when I was upgrading. I thought it was a nice little "Easter egg" to find. So many of us do the milk/egg trade daily, doing so yielded an event-related bonus!

Peach: the "random drops" come in to play again;) I did the trade a few times but didn't get a cabbage, now when I'm done: cabbage, figures.

I wish the random would stop (saying it again). Someone just posted they've received 4 Ali's this event while others haven't received any (I haven't done enough mystery boxes to complain but some players have.)

I was hoping to get 4 more mystery boxes but suddenly my level 10 has stopped dropping gold tickets. The first 5 collections each gave a gold ticket (3 toward the pony and 2 for boxes) but none since. Oh well, BIG SIGH

maryamhjm
09-20-17, 11:24 AM
I hopefully can upgrade to level ten or craft a 3 rd goose but not both(probably), which to choose?

janddolphins
09-20-17, 11:49 AM
@janddolphins
Anytime i use my gems is in the first few days of the event to get the building as high as i can, as quickly as i can. This particular event I gemmed 2 hats since feathers was my issue near the start.
Generally the higher level of your building = the better the drops = the more days you have to collect a greater quantity of event items.

I got the pony around day 5, so i was free to do mystery trades after that. My mystery trades haven't been coming along that abundantly though due to low amounts of bronze in my kingdom. I've been doing 2-4 Mystery Box trades a day.
It's a shame though that the ticket drops were removed from the doggie pets. thanks for sharing!

Thanks DK idea seems like it could have worked with bronze ticket trades getting the feathers. I ended up falling asleep....bad me! Lol

Up to 18! 9 hours left.....now 6 hours. I've already accepted bi mystery trade, the baron loved me anyway and gave me two daily allicorns during event. Just hoping, I have two more chances for an hour speed up and two more so in 4 trades will I hit 2 gold tickets. I have never been so close. 6-9 taps a day. I could not play more, and already 5 speed ups. Complete luck here aside from my hindsight realization. That will come in handy for the future

Ugh just did another with no coins, maybe just bronze and I didn't see as I didn't keep up. 9 gems left, time for videos hopefully a couple more to help. So wish I didn't sleep in accidently. This will be so so close'

ShibuyaCloth
09-20-17, 12:48 PM
All pics are in now:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100669-Castle-Story-9-7-Baron-s-5th-Birthday&p=1449922&viewfull=1#post1449922

maz3girl
09-20-17, 12:52 PM
Well after hustling and setting a timer (and not living a normal life because I'm living by the timer), I was able to collect golden tickets via trades in the trade booth to get the pony. (Carousel only on level 7, but I did craft the ugly goose which helped w/bronze tickets). I'd say I collected maybe 3 or 4 golden tickets from the carousel, the rest were from the trade tent.) I guess I'd call it a success, even after the frustration.

Andro45
09-20-17, 01:25 PM
Just did my last collection on my carousels. I have 5 more hours on the clock, but have to go to bed. I would not have gotten 20 gold tickets, probably not even if I would have bought the ticket booth. So no pony for me. I chose to craft the goose first, because my second kingdom could use an extra supplier of golden eggs. For me there was no way to get the carousel to level 10 and craft the goose.

I did some mystery box trades and got a lot of junk. Things worth mentioning: 5 thrones :rolleyes:, 3 teacup poodles, 1 expansion permit (that's the grand total in two kingdoms). I'm trading in my last bronze and silver tickets now.

I thought I was going to have trouble upgrading because of a lack of wool or red petals/dye, but it turns out that lack of time was the bottleneck.

tartarosfalling
09-20-17, 01:29 PM
Well I guess I'm one of the people who "won" at this event (I'm at level 10, I have the pony, and I have 1 goose) and it was still an incredibly unsatisfying event and I really regret spending money/gems on this.

Two things that could have REALLY improved this event: the ticket trades stay AFTER the event is over, and the ticket booth be able to convert tickets in BOTH directions. I have WAAAAY too many silver tickets and no idea what to do with them.

Also it's really frustrating that the mystery box supplies are either useless or highly coveted. 2 energy? A wisp lantern? blocks and beams that only help change how buildings look? All that milk? (seriously stop giving me milk, it's not cool).

And on the high end you have alicorns and expansion permits and the like.

janddolphins
09-20-17, 01:49 PM
19, one to go!

Last two no gold, I got 6 extra gems, 5 from a gold trade I started last night and one from videos so s little help. But I still need 1, 8 gems, and two hours. Basically I get it this last one now or or I don't unless I get luck with two hours being just over, wish me luck. For someone who collected 6-9 times s day I'll be quite upset especially since they took 50 gems without mg touching my phone yesterday conveniently after I shared my play and about 25 a couple days before after I have been so careful and have not ran into strap since I can remember, 75 gems that would have ensured me the pony last night and mystery boxes today

So my very last chance I made my 20th gold for my pony!!!!!!!!!! It could not have been any closer. O gems (after starting with 125 and losing 70 something and using the rest.

Can anyone confirm for me. It takes 4 hours to make and the event is over in two. In four hours when it's ready will I still be able to collect it since the event is over. I seriously would hate to give this game money for this very reason. If I have to do the minimum I suppose I will but I'll be happier to pick him up in 4 hours. Boy this seriously was as close as it gets!

jackylina29
09-20-17, 02:02 PM
Did anyone get anything good? I did not...have to say did not enjoy this this bday hopefully next Bray will be more fun and we actually get something we need or really want...oh well on to the next thing

100Anne
09-20-17, 02:06 PM
If I have tickets left after the event am I still going to be able to trade them in the booth for prizes? I'm close to 20 gold but don't want to miss out on mystery prizes if I don't make it in time.

calicokittennope
09-20-17, 03:32 PM
I just was looking in the workshop, the ability to make shirt is gone, but the hat is still there.

I don't know when it vanished though, I'm in and out of sleep around the clock.

So maybe it vanished a while back for me. I am at 10 on my horsie-go-round.

The event timer matches with that sale chest countdown right?

tonimbm
09-20-17, 03:36 PM
Thank you :-)

Den8137259
09-20-17, 03:41 PM
I have just received my second alicorn (: thank you S8 (: ★

MiniLaura
09-20-17, 03:44 PM
What times does this finish?

Jackiesq
09-20-17, 03:53 PM
12 gold, so happy I decided to go for the trades with pony out of reach.
2 puppy's, 1 shih tzu are nice, but not great prizes and 9x trash (milk, toothstool, thrones).
Got the goose with gems and my carousel is level 6.
Can't say I'm happy about the results, glad I didn't invest all my energy in it.
Hoping I can get enough gems to buy that alicorn on sale at black friday or so...

LiriTanglethorn
09-20-17, 03:55 PM
If I have tickets left after the event am I still going to be able to trade them in the booth for prizes? I'm close to 20 gold but don't want to miss out on mystery prizes if I don't make it in time.

Nope, you have 2 hours to use all your tickets up

LiriTanglethorn
09-20-17, 03:56 PM
What times does this finish?

You have 2 more hours

VersaceMorrow
09-20-17, 03:57 PM
I wonder if the mystery box lets you get something as long as you start it before times up. Guess I'll find out soon

LiriTanglethorn
09-20-17, 03:57 PM
The event timer matches with that sale chest countdown right?

Yep!

LiriTanglethorn
09-20-17, 03:58 PM
I wonder if the mystery box lets you get something as long as you start it before times up. Guess I'll find out soon

It will - good luck on not getting milk! ;)

LiriTanglethorn
09-20-17, 04:07 PM
For the people who have a tonne of silver tickets left over and no idea what to do with them, do silver trade. Sure, you mostly get useless things like cabbages and moss, but I've received silver ore a few times, and getting wool is still better than getting milk.

calicokittennope
09-20-17, 04:12 PM
Yep!

Thank you! :)

Stymie52
09-20-17, 05:18 PM
I just collected from the mystery box and got 15 coins. Really! S8 must truly despise the Baron because they gave him a miserable celebration.

Den8137259
09-20-17, 05:22 PM
I have just received my second alicorn (: thank you S8 (: ★

Just had a third alicorn, sped up and got a third tea poodle (: ★

all my collections are now complete with three of each ★ ty S8 (: ★

calicokittennope
09-20-17, 05:31 PM
I fell asleep earlier today and timed it all wrong, can't get my bronze and silvers turned in before timer is up. More shinies for my souvenir pile lol

maxiandtaz
09-20-17, 05:36 PM
I hope I get a alicorn on my last mystery trade hoping for the power of the forum I have used gems to speed up both carousel and prize booth I really struggled to get bronze tickets and I have 2 geese and the horse bronze tickets definitely my bottleneck

UPDATE nooooooooooooo got skunkupine milk thanks a lot appreciate it

Destiel0918
09-20-17, 05:47 PM
No alicorns, but got too many dogs ( 3 of each) - ****.
Mostly event was milk/blocks/beams. - which I have no use for.
Did get 2 expansion permits though!

ZOOMANIA69
09-20-17, 05:57 PM
Down to the last minutes. Have my last gold trade going. Kinda disappointed with most of the trade drops with this one. Too many thrones and milks. Finished the upgrading and managed to craft two geese, and the pony fairly early. Have been doing trades most of the week and no Ali for me. I do gem quite a bit so was thinking there might be some reward in that being this was the anniversary celebration. Oh well. Congrats to those who did.

fesxdgdgsgfb
09-20-17, 06:06 PM
Last mystery prize...one energy.

riverly
09-20-17, 06:07 PM
Had my last gold ticket "cooking" in the exchange(prize booth) and evidently it disappeared. I tap on my building and nothing happens.

Jaybeast72
09-20-17, 06:07 PM
Are you freakin kidding me? Just sped up my mule craft for 16gems at the last 2min. When the timer was up, it reset and took my mule away?!? IM FREAKIN DONE! THEY BETTER FIX THIS! IM FURIOUS AFTER SPENDING 100GEMS TO GET HIM!

Solientus
09-20-17, 06:17 PM
Had my last gold ticket "cooking" in the exchange and evidently it disappeared. I tap on my building and nothing happens.
Yeah i had a mystery trade nearly finished in the prize booth. Timer now gone. No collection timer.

PrincessCupOButter
09-20-17, 06:20 PM
Last mystery box vanished. They could have a least let people collect any craft started before the event ended. And now the ticket booth and trading booth are both pure deco, but they are listed under buildings in storage. And they are most definitely in storage. I sincerely hope they don't count against our building totals! Especially considering they cannot be sold. What a disappointing birthday celebration.

Edited to add: I did manage to get some good drops, a few alis, one expansion permit, one gem, both dogs, and a few dragons. But I also got countless milk, some toadstool blocks and beams and 12 thrones. Losing the last mystery box isn't a huge deal, but it's the principal of the thing. I started it before the event ended, and as others have posted, past experience led me to believe I'd be able to collect.

kareichan
09-20-17, 06:22 PM
I want back the trade that was ongoing. The goals may have expired, but the trades were made before the timer ran out.

I made the pony trade and want it, I earned it. :mad::mad::mad:

This event is the worst, even worse than the purple failure.

LilyNSally
09-20-17, 06:24 PM
Are you freakin kidding me? Just sped up my mule craft for 16gems at the last 2min. When the timer was up, it reset and took my mule away?!? IM FREAKIN DONE! THEY BETTER FIX THIS! IM FURIOUS AFTER SPENDING 100GEMS TO GET HIM!

Are you kidding me!!!!! I had my pony cooking and now it's gone!!!! I spent many gems speeding things up so I could get him!!! I want my pony or my gems back!!!! This is ridiculous!!!!

100Anne
09-20-17, 06:28 PM
I had items 'cooking' too. Now the buildings are just decos, not even items we can collect coins from. So annoyed, I just put them straight into storage - I don't even want to look at them again.
I'm pleased some people got some good items out of this. I just managed to get the mule but had to speed up things with gems. I didn't get a dog or an alicorn or even an expansion permit. Just managed to craft the goose.
Very disappointed in this entire event.

Are we having a poll for this one?

jesslau9
09-20-17, 06:30 PM
Last mystery box vanished. They could have a least let people collect any craft started before the event ended. And now the ticket booth and trading booth are both pure deco, but they are listed under buildings in storage. And they are most definitely in storage. I sincerely hope they don't count against our building totals! What a disappointing birthday celebration.

same, I had one last gold trade crafting and it's gone.
Didn't get a single expansion permit or alicorn (which I wasn't hoping for). and i traded at least 25-30times. I have like 7 thrones. lol

hagypagy
09-20-17, 06:38 PM
Thanks Storm8 for a fun birthday celebration!! :cool:

I was one of the lucky ones who did pretty well with my prizes.
4 Alicorns!!!! , 2 Expansion Permits!! and 1each of the dogs!
Plus the LVL10 Carousel , the Pfefferknott Pony and 3 Geese.
I couldn't be happier! :D

However most players are unhappy. :(
This is all to do with the random drops.
I've said it event after event ...
A timed event is no place for random drops!
It doesn't reward hard work or money spent and creates player dissatisfaction.
This could've easily been avoided if the ticket trades were for set prizes instead of mystery trades.
Have all the same prizes on offer but for varying ticket prices ... similar to the 20 gold for the Pony trade.

Alternatively the mystery trades would've been an awesome longterm addition to the game.
That was a big opportunity missed there Storm8.
Player spending would've increased if people knew there was benefit to finishing the Carousel and getting the pony and geese before the event ended.
Also would've avoided the unfolding drama with Pony trades disappearing as the event ended.

Excited to meet our forest archer coming tomorrow!! :cool: :eek:

Destiel0918
09-20-17, 06:41 PM

This could've easily been avoided if the ticket trades were for set prizes instead of mystery trades.
Have all the same prizes on offer but for varying ticket prices ... similar to the 20 gold for the Pony trade.

Glad to see someone did well.
I tried so hard for Alicorn - but got thrones and milk, mostly. No Ali.

Hopefully next event will be better - the forest archer is hopefully some assassin, sent to hunt down Baron's royal ass. After the disappointment he caused for so many of us!

jesslau9
09-20-17, 06:45 PM
add: I remember if you started crafting SOMETHING before an event is up, you get to collect it! i even confirmed it in a forum for the previous event. Sorry to all who started the pony but cannot collect

FrostedThings
09-20-17, 06:46 PM
Add me to the list of outraged players whose last trade was stolen. I am SO mad! I have an actual LIFE that includes children that need to be taught and read to and fed. A puppy who was just spayed, laundry to do, dinner to cook, clothes to wash...

I come back to the game to collect one last time and that building is sitting there, as useless as a screen door on a submarine. I am LIVID!

I'm usually a regular spender. I buy gems and game packs because I enjoy them, but until these injustices are rectified, I won't be buying ANYTHING.

FIX THIS, S8.

debosden
09-20-17, 06:48 PM
I was able to get 20 gold tickets and trade for the Pony but since its wasn't finished before the end of the game, I lost it! I really can't believe it after all I did to get it...pretty much has shown me how this game has gotten less and less desirable to play.

debosden
09-20-17, 06:49 PM
And I'm with you FrostedThings...

DMVdoll
09-20-17, 06:51 PM
I am sooo angry my last mystery box disappeared. Especially bcuz I used my gems to buy the last gold ticket I needed.

This never happened in previous events. For example, this Valentine's day when gamers could craft prink animals in the Royal Exchange. When the event ended , I was crafting a pink sheep, I was still able to get the sheep, but all of the event options were gone.

I'm super salty and I was really like my 44 gems back...such a rip off

cavegirl1
09-20-17, 06:54 PM
Adding my extreme displeasure that anything being crafted has been lost. :mad:

There is no way we could have known this based on previous events.

cavegirl1
09-20-17, 06:55 PM

After this event, I am extremely apathetic about the next one.

LilyNSally
09-20-17, 06:56 PM
Couldn't agree more with FrostedThings. I have a very active life and I chose to spend some of it playing this game. You'd think a pony started would be a pony earned!!! I just want my pony I worked so hard for!!

VersaceMorrow
09-20-17, 07:04 PM
add: I remember if you started crafting SOMETHING before an event is up, you get to collect it! i even confirmed it in a forum for the previous event. Sorry to all who started the pony but cannot collect

You're right, it's never been the case that you lose something just because it wasn't done crafting before the event ended.....let's hope that this is a glitch S8 will fix

newpam575
09-20-17, 07:05 PM
Yes, last mystery trade gone and unable to collect. No expansion permits, no Alicorns, no dogs.

VersaceMorrow
09-20-17, 07:08 PM

Alternatively the mystery trades would've been an awesome longterm addition to the game.
Player spending would've increased if people knew there was benefit to finishing the Carousel and getting the pony and geese before the event ended.
Also would've avoided the unfolding drama with Pony trades disappearing as the event ended.

It's like they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.....basic marketing 101, make people want to spend. These tactics make you want to hang on to every gem.

VersaceMorrow
09-20-17, 07:09 PM
Maybe those who lost the pony should file a ticket.....based on past events not happening this way it could really be a glitch.

ladlasse
09-20-17, 07:10 PM
I thought this event was just OK. I was lucky that I collected and crafted enough of everything that I was ready when I finally got the feathers for the hat. During this time I used a few gold tickets to trade for the mystery box since I was very interested in alicorns and expansion permits. Didn't get anything good at all. I didn't use any gems to get my carousel to level 10 a few days ago. I kept collecting and trying to get enough gold for the pony, but wasn't sure I would. So this morning, I started using the tickets on the mystery box. Once again I didn't get anything good. I did speed up the trade so I could use all my gold tickets, but other than one each of the two dogs, I didn't get anything worthwhile. I only used 10 or 12 gems total to speed up about 10 trades but I thought it would be worth it if I got one of the two elusive prizes.

Like so many others I can see where S8 could have really made this an awesome birthday celebration but it was more like the Baron himself - a disappointment and a let-down.

1knitter
09-20-17, 07:15 PM
So I started the golden trade for the horse before the end of the event and initially I had a counter but now the prize booth I just a decoration. So no horse? ☹️

calicokittennope
09-20-17, 07:16 PM
My last box, it ended about 40 seconds after event ended. I was watching the sale-chest timer n the side vs the timer on my prize hut. I collected it and mine was not a major trade in, just bronze tickets, got a gold cabbage so no big loss for me, but its still a pants move to do what was done to everyone.

Gold cabbage? No loss on an event that's already over.

Pony? Mystery Boxes? Yeah big loss, total pants move to yank that away from people.

If we were the ones, as in "we" the kingdom ruler/residents, were hosting the party then why was it so naff in so many areas? If the baron had ran it himself, then I guess some of the stuff being meh makes a bit of sense? But as ruler, I was holding this party for my kingdom and we were pretending it was for the baron I thought? Why would I host a party that just makes people upset? I'm a kind ruler, I even let that toad stay and live in the farm house that doesn't know the war is over.

After I collected that 40 seconds past sale-chest-vanish time, the game froze a moment.

Then the game rolled back it and took away the mushrooms I'd gathered as well (unrelated to the event but still rolled back on those too). Then I went to reclick the prize hut for the cabbage or whatever it'd cough up again and I'm not sure what I got, maybe a coin (?) not event related though, but then upon reclicking again, no crafts to make on the crafting panel, and now I click and it's just an object with no crafting window.

I am apparently the worst party host/ruler ever for my kingdom.

PrincessCelestian
09-20-17, 07:16 PM

I was also quite "lucky" in my drops from the event. 9 alicorns, 3 shih tzus, 2 poodles, the pony and 2 geese (probably coulda pulled out 3 if I had really tried). So of course I am happy. But we are definitely in the very very small minority methinks. I think there was a lot of missed opportunity here. Hopefully the next event is better for the community as a whole.

ZOOMANIA69
09-20-17, 07:19 PM
Add me to the list. Last trade vanished when I tried to collect! SMH

hkcorrigan
09-20-17, 07:22 PM
Adding my voice to those upset about losing their final trade. Had spent gems to get a couple bronze tickets to do one final mystery trade in hopes of finally getting something worthwhile. Obviously that didn't happen. No trade to collect, let alone a decent prize. Been doing 4-6 mystery tradesperson day since day 7. Had spent gems for the booth and the goose glitch. Not happy.

This entire event was the least celebratory across the board. Some people did well and I'm happy for them. It should have been an exciting party for all of us though. 5 years is something to celebrate. Shame on you, S8. You shouldn't have disappointed so many customers, especially paying customers. Please read and learn.

jackylina29
09-20-17, 07:24 PM
Wish I would have not spent gems on ticket booth when all I got was ****...how could someone get 4 Ali's and 2 expansion tickets and most of us got nothing but junk...luckily I didn't have enough bronze tickets to do a last trade seeing as nobody got their last craft...I got bored with this game but a few months ago it got fun again and we have had great monster hunts....I'm used to not finishing most of the events which is a bummer but at least it was starting to be enjoyable again. I can't believe how bad this bday event was...very unfair...not fun at all. Many players are angry and most of us feel *****ed for how some players got good things and others didn't...I hope s8 makes it up to us somehow...maybe gift some expansion permits which would help us and make most of us very happy that would be a great bday present...do something at least. We know someone reads the forum since the skip goose goal was removed a couple days after event started because it was in the players favor. What was the harm since we got nothing but junk prizes and 3 useless buildings in storage now. Kinda wish I skipped the last 14 days of play. Plz do a poll cause I know a lot of us feel the same way so next year maybe it could be something much different than this year...hope the next new thing is cooler than this one

jesslau9
09-20-17, 07:29 PM
You're right, it's never been the case that you lose something just because it wasn't done crafting before the event ended.....let's hope that this is a glitch S8 will fix

yeah i remember asking for the previous event because the I needed to know if I needed to gem-speed my craft. and someone told me once its crafted, its crafted,and I COULD COLLECT, just won't get the reward for completing the goal (which i DON'T CARE, since it's usually some coins and exp)
& thats good since sometimes we only get all the parts at the final few hours
:(

if s8 is changing all these rules without informing, how are players suppose to know. like all along if we are supposed to craft say ONLY ONE goose/flyger etc, u can always start 2 crafts and end up with 2
but they took it away this event & people had goose crafts stuck, then S8 upped the limit to 3 -_-

myhsplace
09-20-17, 07:32 PM
WTH!! finally got 20 tickets to get pony and started crafting it 2hrs and something before event ended and I don't get to collect it!! thats bull, i thought once we crafted something, we could still collect it even after an event ended?? totally irked right now, we better get our darn final trade done before event ended or i am done with this game period!!

DMVdoll
09-20-17, 07:56 PM
I think STORM8 should gift players an Alicorn or horse to rectify this situation.

maiden85
09-20-17, 07:56 PM
I'm bummed that my last trade disappeared when the event ended. I got some bottles of milk and three thrones and a toadstool beam and mossy block (m making a few, kind of like the spellbound beams, so those are ok), but was also delighted to get an Ali, two shih tzus, a poodle, and an expansion permit. I just managed to get a goose. I spent today doing the mystery box trade since I knew there was no way I'd get 9 more gold tickets in a day for the pony.

Do crafts usually disappear at the end of an event? I thought we were usually allowed to collect.

Overall, the event was ok for me. I picked up a few goodies without feeling tied to the game. Very glad not to have been chopping endlessly.

panix
09-20-17, 07:59 PM
What's going on?? I had the pony crafting in the booth and now it's gone?? This has NEVER happened before, if you have something crafting you get it even if the time runs out! Very mad right now, I also hope this is just a glitch, I can't believe they would do this to us!!! Come on Storm8, why do you suck SO much??

wiokro
09-20-17, 08:02 PM
Not surprised .. Last event I hav a whithe flyger crafting after collecting enough coins for it when event finished... Neve collected .. My flyger wa. Gone with all work put into it... Is this game for fun or to spent money????!

HuckleTown
09-20-17, 08:03 PM
I am 100% positive that my last mystery box was an Ali.;) I am also 100% sure that if S8 "rectifies" this robbery (that's what it is, they stole from us), S8 will give me a toadstool item because I did not like the event, did not finish the event and do not like the buildings.

Perhaps there aren't marketing and customer service departments, because this may be one of the top 3 bad moves in CS.

WOW just WOW

(Also thanks to Calicokitten who posted why this celebration was so confusing. I think most of us forgot that I (the ruler) was throwing a party for my kingdom and pretending it was a party for the Baron. I'm a pretty bad ruler if that was my idea of a kingdom wide celebration)

ncas17
09-20-17, 08:06 PM
Booooo! I spent hours working on this event and only walked away with one goose and two shih tzu pups. I tried to save up for the pony, but didn't think I'd get enough gold tickets by the end of the event. Bummed out that my last mystery box crafting got cancelled out when the event ended :( I was hoping to win my first ali, but ended up with several mossy blocks, baby milks, and three stupid thrones

745Q5T
09-20-17, 08:10 PM
Had NO idea the last trade would not go through. I FINALLY had all my gold tickets for the horse! I had spent many gems trying to get the tickets. Had 1 hour more than the event for the horse. ������������

ladyperidot
09-20-17, 08:20 PM
And I'm with you FrostedThings...

And me. I too didn't get to collect my last mystery box trade

ladyperidot
09-20-17, 08:25 PM

Nope, it didn't. I lost the trade

molespouse
09-20-17, 08:27 PM
Total baloney....I finally collected all the gold tickets to get the pony. Thought since it was already crafting, I would still get the horse. I'm done with CS. Will never spend another dime!

SpiritWind00
09-20-17, 08:29 PM
I'll report the lost last trades.... that's never happened before...

CathyDucky
09-20-17, 08:30 PM
Had my last gold ticket "cooking" in the exchange(prize booth) and evidently it disappeared. I tap on my building and nothing happens.

Same here. I have wasted 3 gems to speed up my carousel ti get the last bronze ticket for the gold trade but it was gone immediately after the end of event.

LiriTanglethorn
09-20-17, 08:35 PM

Okay, I based that on previous events where I collected after the timer. This one I used gems to buy up some bronze tickets and do one last gold trade... and the thing went dead as soon as the timer hit, taking all those gems with it and leaving me with nothing. NOT COOL S8!!!!!!!!

HuckleTown
09-20-17, 08:35 PM
I'll report the lost last trades.... that's never happened before...

Thanks SW. You are a gem (that S8 can't take in a trap :) ) to remain calm and positive for the community.

LiriTanglethorn
09-20-17, 08:41 PM
Remember when you could go to the store and buy a video game on DVD for $10-$20 and then you owned it, and didn't have to ever spend another dime to have fun with it? And you knew everyone else who played it had the same "luck" as you because there was no secret tweaking of things behind the scenes? Those were good days...

riverly
09-20-17, 08:42 PM
I'll report the lost last trades.... that's never happened before...Thank you. I'm sorry you get stuck doing damage control again.

Do you work at the White House? If not you should.

luckylu98
09-20-17, 08:56 PM
Yes, same with me. Thought as long as gold trade was "cooking" when time ran out, I would get the horse. Hope S8 will re-think this one.

A7B92
09-20-17, 08:58 PM
Yes, same with me. Thought as long as gold trade was "cooking" when time ran out, I would get the horse. Hope S8 will re-think this one.

Same here. I wasted a bunch of gems to get those last few golden tickets...

A7B92
09-20-17, 09:01 PM
I think the goal did say something about "completing" the trade.

LiriTanglethorn
09-20-17, 09:29 PM
My final tally:

approx 1200 gems spent (speeding timers, buying extra energy, extra bronze tickets, etc)

1 baby alicorn 1 expansion permit 1 Pfefferknot pony 2 baby dragons
4 Shih Tzus 3 Teacup poodles 17 Baron thrones 3 ugly geese
13 mossy blocks 12 toadstool beams 76 extra golden cabbages 6 extra goose feathers
4 shroom caps 5 extra red thread 12 extra red dyes 3 wisp lanterns
8 silver ores 22 extra red petals 35 extra wool 5 golden nuggets
20+ extra blue gems 21 sparkling t-stools 33 fuzzy mosses 34 fangbeast milk
1 flyger pup made + 29 extra flyger milk 1 skunkupea made + 3 extra skunk. milk
4 gems 2 2x energy

So, was it worth spending my 1200+ gems on? Sure, it was fun. Could have been a LOT funner though, and a LOT fairer. (15 hit points for a goose?!? Really?!?) Monster hunt 8 was amazing! I wish they could do more like that. Happy birthday, S8. Maybe next year you could actually listen to your best customers? Just a thought...

janddolphins
09-20-17, 09:52 PM
I don't even have words right now. So many of you followed my journey. I lost over 70 gems, lets call the 20 something on me even though I did no wrong because I was tapping. Not even 10 minutes into sharing my plan with my existing gems to get the pony 50 are taken when I didn't even touch my game!!!! I've learned better and wait for all pop ups and loading first so please tell me how I spent 50 to buy 30 energy??! I know CS won't help, maybe someone here will

Then I'm sooooo happy because despite my bad luck and hindsight realization on how to play better, non stop and literally every single gem I had, allowed me to get the pony on my very last try. I go now to pick him up. I see players mentioning they can't get into the booth, but my pony was there waiting for me. I took him out and went to place him at the end of my brown horses and poof he is gone. The booth is now locked so if he went back there I can't get him. Checked inventory, only thing is if he is on my board and I'm blind. But hearing others didn't get collections after time despite this never being a rule, those who read the hard work and unfair circumstances I faced can understand why I feel like this. I joined just after love shack. Play multiple times a day. Went from a paid to free player when things got stetchy. I've been content.

But I want my pony back!!! You want to steal all my gems this event fine. You want to take them so you ruined it for me and I did not get to enjoy a day of mysteries fine. This was supposedly a tease on the baron, well he had my back. Gave me two dailies during the event which I'm sure is better than many faired plus recently I got a white ali watching a video. I love the dogs nuy again I'll say it, I'll be fine, JUST GIVE ME MY PONY that I worked extremely hard to earn. I don't even care anymore that the game has stooped so low to steal in new ways. But we always got a rewatch if crafted in time. I went from loving this game to wondring what the next problem could be.

Sorry had to let that vent out as it just scratches the surface. I skimmed and missed the name, but whoever is looking into fixing this, I appreciate it and good luck

elizabetheva
09-20-17, 09:59 PM
I also 5 hours left of the event when I started the trade for the horse but I couldn?t collect it later- even though it should have completed before the time ran out. I also had extra gold tickets but sacrificed my mystery boxes for the horse since I didn?t have time for both. If I knew I wasn?t going to be able to get the horse I would have completed a few mysteries trades instead with the time I had left.

It sounds like I didn?t spend as much as others, but I did spend at least $8 worth of gems on this event. I have been enjoying a lot of the events and updates lately but this was disappointing. If nothing changes retroactively I hope next time they will make changes like this clear. I don?t think they aren?t obligated to allow us to collect once time runs out, but since it?s always been that way, it would be nice to know when a change is made.

LiriTanglethorn
09-20-17, 10:02 PM
OMG Jan. that is unbelievable! I thought it was bad they stole my last (gem-funded) gold trade, but that is just off-the-map WRONG!!! Sending you hugs, and hopes that they fix it for you, though I have my well-researched doubts. :mad:

Dqueenie
09-20-17, 10:36 PM
I did not finish, due to a week away from wifi. so I don't blame S8 for that. However, I cannot believe that the ticket booth, prize booth & pretty much the carousel, are now useless!? What's the big deal, S8? At least those grid hogging items could still drop a bronze ticket & continue with a LITTLE fun trading them!

It's not too late, just turn em back on. Please.

littelprincess0313
09-20-17, 10:37 PM
Im so mad! I spent 20 gems to make one last ,change' and now I cant collect it anymore. Since when isnt it possible to collect crafted things after the event has ended -.-!!!

LuluBellax
09-20-17, 10:56 PM
I also couldn't collect last mystery box. I've spent 180 gems. No Ali, dragon or permit. Pretty disappointed because I really wanted my first Ali. I wish there was a prize for completing x amount of trades. I've done over 30

RevdKathy
09-20-17, 11:08 PM
It would be good to have a poll on this one. Though I suspect S8 might prefer we don't.

alexversailles
09-20-17, 11:30 PM
Spent 3x 44 gems to get the last 3 gold tickets to craft the pony. I collected the trade and put the pony on my board and it disappeared straight away! It's not in my inventory. Where is it gone and how can I get it back? Very frustrating after all the money spent on this quest... ��

SpiritWind00
09-20-17, 11:37 PM
Im so mad! I spent 20 gems to make one last ,change' and now I cant collect it anymore. Since when isnt it possible to collect crafted things after the event has ended -.-!!!
I've submitted a report about this. Keep an eye out for updates.
(Post moved from wrong thread to correct one)

SpiritWind00
09-20-17, 11:42 PM
I will do a poll, I just have been flat out this week catching up on work etc. it's a bit wonky typing on the train, but I'll give it a go anyway :)

Riverly, not the White House no, but somewhere where I can have a positive influence...Ha!

Ok, off to write the poll.....

Anaboe
09-20-17, 11:46 PM
Lost a mystery trade as well...

Read here on the forums the event would go on till Tuesday 10 pm, but appearently it stopped somewhere last night.

Am quite a bit dissapointed about loosing the mystery trade, not nice.

Some birthday-party this was... Not.

wendietje
09-20-17, 11:58 PM
The same here ... i also spent gems on the last bronze ticket i needed to make the last gold one. 10 minutes ago i put pfefferknott out, my game made that annoying reset again and poef ... gone it was. That's not fair and i want it back!

SpiritWind00
09-21-17, 12:00 AM
I've added the official drops for the animals etc post event to post 3. I'll write everything up tonight/tomorrow and move info the inventory guide. (About to add drops for the flygers and cubs etc too.)

jesslau9
09-21-17, 12:10 AM
I am 100% positive that my last mystery box was an Ali.;) I am also 100% sure that if S8 "rectifies" this robbery (that's what it is, they stole from us), S8 will give me a toadstool item because I did not like the event, did not finish the event and do not like the buildings.

I think most of us forgot that I (the ruler) was throwing a party for my kingdom and pretending it was a party for the Baron.

I think mine was an Ali or expansion permit... heehee

so I gifted myself with milk and 7 throne

queens15
09-21-17, 12:35 AM
Realise the disappearance of the pony has been mentioned before but I don't see why when I left both the ugly goose and the pony to complete after the time ran out on the event - which I have done in previous tasks - the goose was there and is now part of my kingdom but the pony vanished, especially, as with most people, I had spent gems finishing it off.
Surely if the rules of the game change we should be told before they actually take place? Let's hope S8 listen to reason.

kiryuuku123
09-21-17, 12:57 AM
Spent 3x 44 gems to get the last 3 gold tickets to craft the pony. I collected the trade and put the pony on my board and it disappeared straight away! It's not in my inventory. Where is it gone and how can I get it back? Very frustrating after all the money spent on this quest... ��

Same here went to place my pony and its gone it's not in my kingdom or in my inventory help 😢😢😢😢