PDA

View Full Version : Recycled Content in RS Goals

Natasha_07
09-05-17, 06:21 PM
Don't know why it took me so long to figure out that the 3 counters in this goal are recycled from Nightclub Story. :rolleyes:

But I guess most have never played that game so didn't know either.

Jojocl141587
09-05-17, 06:45 PM
Don't know why it took me so long to figure out that the 3 counters in this goal are recycled from Nightclub Story. :rolleyes:

Wow, now I'm not so happy about the counters. I thought they were a brand new design.

twospoons
09-05-17, 11:45 PM

Wow, now I'm not so happy about the counters. I thought they were a brand new design.

Seeing something I already own in BS can be boring--but not always, sometimes I like it well enough that I'm excited to get it again. But getting decor that I never saw before that was recycled from a game I never played? What the heck is the difference from it being new?

slayer7000
09-06-17, 06:05 AM
I guess new items just have a wow factor to them, and also some people who have played night club probably realised and are tired of it as well.
Seeing something I already own in BS can be boring--but not always, sometimes I like it well enough that I'm excited to get it again. But getting decor that I never saw before that was recycled from a game I never played? What the heck is the difference from it being new?

pixiegamer
09-06-17, 07:17 AM

The difference for me lies in the connotation. On the surface, I agree with you - I never played Nightclub Story either, so it would make no difference for me superficially if I received content from that game (as long as the art styles matched). In fact, I'm even excited that we might receive recipes from that game, especially for Halloween and maybe New Year's if NS had a Sparkling Cider recipe.

On a deeper level though, the amount of recycled content we've been getting (and are continuing to receive) is concerning. People like seeing new content, and it's not an unfair expectation that we should get some in Restaurant Story. How long will we continue to receive recycled content? What does this mean for player theme suggestions? How will this impact the creativity that this game inspires? And, is the content that's being recycled, being recycled sensibly? (Ex. is Green Tea Ice Cream's transition to Seaweed Ice Cream a plausible one? Does the artwork fit both dishes?) These are important considerations, and unfortunately have no clear answers.

More importantly, why are we getting recycled content? Up until a few goals ago, we would get a small decoration or two imported from Bakery, but now, all the content we're receiving is recycled (even the parts!). Is the team saving their artistic resources for upcoming holiday updates, or is this a symptom of something more serious regarding the game's future?

It's nice to see some Nightclub Story imports, because relatively speaking, they are new, but at some point, there gets nothing to look forward to if you've already seen the content before. I'm happy to get NS content, and honestly, I'd prefer imports from NS over imports from BS because of the relative newness, but at the end of the day, nothing would replace fresh, new content for Restaurant Story, and I really hope we can go back to that stage, and soon.

pixiegamer
09-06-17, 07:35 AM
Moved this discussion to its own thread - it was starting to go off-topic on the goals thread

twospoons
09-07-17, 02:36 AM
Thanks for new thread!

I agree that Nightclub Story content is preferable to BS--I think Fashion content is also preferable to BS, and I actually played that one, and I've wanted a couple imports from Farm 1 for years (open those boxes!!!). And I am also distressed at the 2 previous goals that were almost entirely recycled or re-released content (mermaids & movies).

I guess it's just that I think they were correcting course with the marine life goals--not all new content, but a much higher proportion, unless the big prizes were from Zoo Story or something else I don't recognize.