PDA

View Full Version : Watching Whales Side Quest: Whale Fountain Not Unlocking

sandylbaum
09-01-17, 07:25 PM
Update: Whale Fountain status

Hey Guys,

The issue of Whale Fountain still locked despite completing the side goals was reported yesterday. Unfortunately due to current long weekend in US, the team will look into and fix this after the weekend. They may not be able to get it out to us until Tuesday. They send their apologies for this. Much appreciate your patience and understanding. :)

Just want to let you all know you need not write to Support for the Whale Fountain being locked. They will fix this for everyone affected. Thanks.

Hey all,

This issue should be fixed now. Please check your games and see if the Whale Fountain is unlocked :)

I finished the side goal but the whale fountain did not unlock. I sent a ticket to storm 8 who responded that they had limited support services for Restaurant Story and would not be able to respond to individual requests. They then closed my ticket.

pcabral03
09-01-17, 08:44 PM
I finished the side goal but the whale fountain did not unlock. I sent a ticket to storm 8 who responded that they had limited support services for Restaurant Story and would not be able to respond to individual requests. They then closed my ticket.

I finished side goal too but the Whale Fountain is still locked. Can one of the moderators or Storm8 staff check on this for us please?!?!

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38116&d=1504032862
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38117&d=1504032862

Rynetory2
09-01-17, 08:53 PM
I finished the side goal but the whale fountain did not unlock.

I finished side goal too but the Whale Fountain is still locked. Can one of the moderators or Storm8 staff check on this for us please?!?!

Can you restart your game and check again? Please let me how it goes. Thanks.

sandylbaum
09-01-17, 09:01 PM
Can you restart your game and check again? Please let me how it goes. Thanks.
I have done that multiple times and it's still locked.

Rynetory2
09-01-17, 09:13 PM
I have done that multiple times and it's still locked.

Thanks for trying, sandylbaum. :) I'll report this over now. Please hold for them to fix it.

sandylbaum
09-01-17, 09:16 PM
Thanks for trying, sandylbaum. :) I'll report this over now. Please hold for them to fix it.

Thanks for your help!

pcabral03
09-01-17, 09:56 PM

I tried restarting and reinstalling also and item still locked. Thanks for checking on this for us @Rynetory2 😀

Rynetory2
09-01-17, 10:45 PM
I tried restarting and reinstalling also and item still locked. Thanks for checking on this for us @Rynetory2 ��

Thanks for your help!

Glad to help. Thanks for confirming. :) Congrats to you both for completing these goals so fast! :D

I am still waiting for mine to start. Boy hopefully I can finish in time. Wish me luck lol! Cheers.

sgoetzinger99
09-02-17, 01:08 PM

Same thing has happened to 2 neighbours of mine, with the same response from S8.

pcabral03
09-02-17, 02:49 PM
Same thing has happened to 2 neighbours of mine, with the same response from S8.

One of our mod's has reported issue with side goal, so we hopefully it's fixed :)

MamaFoodie
09-02-17, 02:55 PM
One of our mod's has reported issue with side goal, so we hopefully it's fixed :) whale fountain still locked after completed goal.

pcabral03
09-02-17, 03:01 PM
whale fountain still locked after completed goal.

Our mod just reported yesterday, usually takes a few days. Plus it's the weekend. 🙄

Rynetory2
09-03-17, 12:41 AM

Hey Guys,

The issue of Whale Fountain still locked despite completing the side goals was reported yesterday. Unfortunately due to current long weekend in US, the team will look into and fix this after the weekend. They may not be able to get it out to us until Tuesday. They send their apologies for this. Much appreciate your patience and understanding. :)

wonkas123
09-03-17, 10:37 AM
Whale Fountain not unlocking is terrible after working so hard to finish the goals timely. I understand S8 will work on Tuesday after the long weekend, so we should get same consideration that the long weekend doesn't count as goal days. Goal standards that apply to S8 should be afforded to us as well. Like moving appliances and parts from one game to another. If S8 can do it why can't we. I had over 100 brass diverters in RS, how nice it would have been to move some to BS when they introduced them as fasteners. And my 10 ice cream machines doing nothing in RS can be moved to BS as cookie dough makers (with color). Since our games are connected under the same ID it should not be a problem to allow us the same option that S8 is using for goals.

melati72
09-04-17, 01:56 AM
Same here. I finished the side goal and the whale fountain is still locked. I hope this problem will be resolved quick without creating hassle to us. (Such as we have to get ticket from s8 support team and wait them to unlock it for us one at a time.) ��

queenlizzie
09-04-17, 03:18 AM
Whale Fountain not unlocking is terrible after working so hard to finish the goals timely. I understand S8 will work on Tuesday after the long weekend, so we should get same consideration that the long weekend doesn't count as goal days. Goal standards that apply to S8 should be afforded to us as well. Like moving appliances and parts from one game to another. If S8 can do it why can't we. I had over 100 brass diverters in RS, how nice it would have been to move some to BS when they introduced them as fasteners. And my 10 ice cream machines doing nothing in RS can be moved to BS as cookie dough makers (with color). Since our games are connected under the same ID it should not be a problem to allow us the same option that S8 is using for goals.

I so agree with you!

Juey_
09-04-17, 08:20 AM
I finished my Side Goal today and it's lock for me too :/

Rynetory2
09-04-17, 08:32 AM
Just want to let you all know you need not write to Support for the Whale Fountain being locked. They will fix this for everyone affected. Thanks.

Hey Guys,

SBDOVER72
09-04-17, 11:58 AM
Whale Fountain... Finished side goal with 9 days left until expiration.
Many players have worked hard for this side goal... now we have to wait?!
How but some kind of compensation for those of us that have finished over the weekend and have to wait until Tuesday?!
Free gems perhaps?! Maybe like the smallest gem package for sale (24 gems)!!!
Surely Storm8 can tell which players finished over the weekend and have to wait. Only seems fair to get something in return for our hard work!

LadyEna
09-04-17, 01:23 PM
I just left 1- one hour recipes on last side goal until tomorrow.
Meaning I have 16 of the 20 done.
So if it's fixed tomorrow, I cook the last recipes one more time.

Only thing that might upset me if they reset the goal.

Dilligaf37224
09-04-17, 07:02 PM
I agree with you I finished 9/4 and I don't have the option for the whale fountain prize either. Are we going to get it or not? I'm about ready to quit restaurant it's becoming nothing but a headache and a nuisance

tomtom007456
09-04-17, 07:50 PM
I also do not have it
I hope it will be available today

fawziaj
09-05-17, 01:34 AM
still waiting for this issue to be fixed😩

tomtom007456
09-05-17, 09:20 AM
It gets long 😢

Rynetory2
09-05-17, 09:39 AM
Storm8 works on US timing. You guys must be on ahead time zones. Let's wait a bit. Don't worry you will definitely get your prize.

Liloze
09-05-17, 10:02 AM
Same EVERYTHING! This is not the first side goal that does not unlock, at least for me, last time also I had the same problem!
Hopefully they'd fix this soon! :rolleyes:

167nicolea
09-05-17, 10:12 AM
I have just (2 min ago) finished the side goal on two of my restaurants and the whale fountain is also locked for me on both restaurants.

Lilliepaddd
09-05-17, 10:56 AM
Hope it's fixed soon.

pixiegamer
09-05-17, 12:09 PM
Hey all,

This issue should be fixed now. Please check your games and see if the Whale Fountain is unlocked :)

Juey_
09-05-17, 12:14 PM
The problem is fixed and got unlocked for me... Thank You S8 The Final Side Goal Prize is Beautiful <3

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38172&d=1504638553 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38172&d=1504638553)

167nicolea
09-05-17, 02:05 PM
No mine are not unlocked

(Edit) .... Sorry after restarting the game, they are unlocked. It is so cute!!!

Rynetory2
09-05-17, 08:57 PM
Glad you found it. Congratulations! :)

Puttietat087
09-06-17, 02:59 AM
I slowly checked the inventory & it was there! First post in the Forum too! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Rynetory2
09-06-17, 08:41 AM
I slowly checked the inventory & it was there! First post in the Forum too! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Welcome to the forum. No worries about this. Happy to know you found it! :)