PDA

View Full Version : List of Suggestions (and a possible bug)

ddehner0330
08-25-17, 09:49 AM
Hello:

So, I've been playing these games for quite some time, although I have switched between many accounts; mainly because before you really couldn't transfer games like you can easily now. However, over time, I have run into a lot of issues; well, they're not so much issues as they are frustrations. I know it takes a lot of work to even just make games as great as these ones, and I greatly appreciate them, but there's just some stuff I do wish worked differently.

**Fashion Story currently has an issue where the items in the catalog and on the gifting page are not aligned properly. The mastery progress bars also do not reflect your actual status, so you're playing a guessing game until you get the pop-up stating that you ranked something up a level.**

I'm sorry to make such a large post with many topics inside of it, but here is just a list of a lot of things that have been bugging me about these games over the years (mind you, I really do love these games):

DESIGN MODE

- It takes forever to redo wallpaper or tiling if you want to change your design, it would be a lot nicer and less frustrating if we could go into a different kind of edit mode (or even have an updated edit mode) where you could select the wallpaper or tile that you want, and simply click the squares or walls you want the item on; then you'd accept your changes and it'd all be done at once.

- I wish there was an option to display items on counter/racks that was able to be toggled while in edit mode; because I'm a freak and like to organize things sometimes in my games, especially if I'm stocking my shops up.

- There should be a way to scroll through the shop instead of hitting the arrow over and over again; it'd just be more efficient.

- There should be a way to sort the shop in order of price, or by what you already own. Or there could be a specific place where inventory items are held for use later on.

QUESTS

- Quests are all fine and dandy until you get to one that requires to purchase specific amount of something and you have to cover your whole shop in tiles to meet the requirement. Example: There's a quest to purchase a certain amount of a specific floor tile in Restaurant Story and I already had over 100 of that tile. Guess what I had to do to complete the quest? I had to lay down every single tile that I already owned before I could make any progress on the actual quest line. That's right; I had to tap and double-tap the entire floor of my already designed restaurant just to complete a quest. Some people are probably asking, "Why didn't you just use gems to skip it?" And the answer to that is because I shouldn't have to waste gems on something that could have been easily solved by the game recognizing that I've already spent thousands of coins and time on those same exact tiles, which brings me to my next bullet statement.

- Using gems on quests should always be optional; not mandatory. Example: In Fashion Story, there is a quest that requires you to purchase three Aquarium Counters for your store. You are only given two options; waste 3 gems to skip the quest, or waste 9 gems to truly complete it. Now, if you want the item, then that's great, but I don't think gems should be required to complete a quest. The whole point of the special currency is to get people to want to purchase it, not to force them to. Games are no longer fun when they require you to spend real money in the game. Yes, you can earn gems, but why should you have to waste them on stuff you'd never even want in your shop to begin with? You're already forced to spend thousands of coins on stuff you'd never actually display.

- I used to have a lot of fun creating my daily messages for my friends using emojis and text alike. However, I now understand that Android users specifically cannot see emojis in the game. This really stinks; I know some people hate them, but it just gave the message boards a lot of color and fun. I enjoyed seeing what my neighbors would leave for me, but now I can't. Please bring back emojis for all of us.

- Deleting messages (and neighbors) takes like 20 years. It would be more beneficial and less irritating if you could just click the edit button, select everything (or everyone) you want to delete, and then verify your deletion. It'd also be nice if there was just a flat-out way to clear your whole message board, or at least choose "Select All," then you could deselect ones you wanted to keep (since i know some people leave messages for visitors on their own boards).

GIFTS

- When you want to put out food that you've been gifted in Restaurant and Bakery Story, you have to tap the arrow to go the whole way to the end of your list, as each page only displays 6 items, parts always being first. This wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to just scroll instead of tapping the arrow. Also, it'd be nice to have food always in the front, as parts are pretty irrelevant on that screen. If you want to see what parts you have, it's easier to just go past one or two pages of food than it is to go past nearly 20 pages of parts if you need to get to food.

- If you can only accept a certain amount of gifts per day, it might also be helpful to have that number listed somewhere so that players don't waste their gift acceptance quota on things they don't want or need.

- I feel like if someone already reached their gift acceptance quota for the day, their gift button should be grayed out, just like if you already gifted them, and they should not show up on your gifting list. Another thing is that if you've already requested parts from people that day for a new appliance, they should not show up in your list either. It is a waste of time to select the entire list if half of them can't even receive gifts or you've already sent a part request to them.

COOKING/ORDERING

- More menus that could use the scrolling feature include the ordering panel in Fashion Story (both first one you encounter when clicking the "Catalog" button and the one you counter when actually trying to order items. Also, the menus in Restaurant and Bakery Story where you are cooking food. Scrolling will always be better than tapping that arrow; it'll just get you to where you want to be faster.

- There should be an option to sort items by cost, time, or mastery progress in these games as well. I can't tell you how many times I tap the arrow to go to the next page, just to find something that cooks/processes for a very specific amount of time; I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this.

COLLECTING TIPS/LIKES

- Collecting tips/likes can take what seems like forever sometimes; and that's only with just a few tables. Having a huge store makes it even more time consuming. It would be nice if the process either went more quickly, or if there was just a button to click the would collect everything at once for you. The less tapping, the more convenient. While I do know a way around how slow this process is, it still sometimes requires closing and restarting the game if you aren't quick about it.

- Leaving tips even takes a long time sometimes. The only reason this doesn't bother me as much as collecting tips is because I can write my neighbor a message while the tips are applying to the tables I selected.

That's all I can really think of right this minute, but I'm sure I'll end up remembering something that I forgot to mention this time.

Are any of you as fellow players having these same issues or frustrations? Please share your thoughts as well. Thanks for reading either way!

froimich
01-04-18, 05:50 AM
Wow, you're touching quite a lot of stuff! But I mostly agree.

QUESTS IN FASHION STORY

You've named the aquarium counter quest. I clearly remember the sentence "do we want the big or small ones?" <-- something like this
So I tried and just bought a small aquarium counter with coins. Got two more of them and voila, quest accomplished.

I think there's only two quests where you have to spend gems to move on.
One of them is when you are asked to buy a new pair of shoes in the closet.
The other one is - once again iOS-only - when you are asked to buy the American sweater for your avatar which costs around 30 or 40 gems.

I was able to skip those 2 because I did most of my quests at around level 80-99, having enough gems by mastering catalogs, but some players don't have any income or they're not willing to spend gems on skipping a quest. Understandable...we don't have that many quests...

GIFT FUNCTION IN FS

When a player has reached the maxed amount of gifts, the gift button should be grey. It's up to the player to decline or accept plus it makes no difference in the daily gifting when a gift is declined - because I can only gift once per day.
But when the button is grey I don't have to waste my time.

COOKING - ORDERING

At least there should be a filter for the time.

COLLECTING TIPS/LIKES

I find it very useful to tap all the likes & hit the home button, then re-open the running game.

nv22
04-02-18, 04:13 AM
I would like to add a Favorite neighbors button and also a pin message/comment button on my wall so my message to all my neighbors will always be at the top? Or just have a welcome message box to anyone who visits to read. ^_^

Kylie502
10-20-18, 04:02 AM
Watch videos for gems on Fashion Story

bravewarrior
10-21-18, 12:01 PM
Heck, I agree with the first person on a lot of stuff, but I really want more door choices.

froimich
10-24-18, 05:27 AM
Heck, I agree with the first person on a lot of stuff, but I really want more door choices. lol you're funny :D but you're right
GREEN DOORS!!
PINK DOORS!!
HALLOWEEN DOORS
VALENTINE DAY DOORS
FALL DOORS
DOORS. AT LEAST ONE MORE DOOR, PLEASE!