PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments

Eluzyion
08-02-17, 02:11 AM
Just a little insight on my own point of view on tournaments for something to think about if you so choose ;)

An average tournament is 30 Rounds, skipping a round is 4 gems each, a total of 116 gems if you have no fails. In skipping and using correct elements I've found I fail less, is it a guarantee? Not at all, but failing less than than normal but accounting for some fails, even if it cost another 20 gems due to fails 136 gems for an animal that costs 1200-2200 in the shop isn't a bad deal in my opinion, plus by finishing early I'm free to not ck in every hour and can concentrate on other things like breeding or planting or SB etc. I don't nuke for what is it 30 gems? It has never cost me 30 to pay 4 and try again..it's cost 8-12 before though! lol if you set a limit for yourself you can always either speed through the first few so you have more time to complete the tournament or play the first few and save gems to speed through the harder last rounds..or ignore all of this and free play through it it's all up to you!

As far as speed breeding, again it's up to you, but it does increase chances to breed 20x quickly rather than 1 wait 12 hours, 1 wait 17 hours etc. still..no guarantee though it's a gamble. If you do it, set gem limits for yourself, choose your best pair and do rebreeds with that same pair and hope the FFS gods smile in your favor lol just realize spending means nothing but a possible increased chance due to getting more breeds within the time limit, and that sometimes you win sometimes you lose its all random luck.

I'm not trying to say my way is THE way at all.. Just giving my perspective and if someone wants to strategize with it great I hope it helps you, if not the game is different for everyone in how they choose to play, there is no right or wrong way just your way so no matter what, enjoy it :) that's it, sorry for being long winded lol hope it makes sense!

AppieP
08-02-17, 09:27 AM
This make sense Eluzyion. Thanks for clearing this up, and let us know how you play. I always save gems for skipping breeding quest during a SB or a Zodiac quest for example. And if I like a new limited habitat I buy that. It's really handy how you play it, and I like your way of thinking. Too bad I only can buy ones a month for gems. It's a deal I made with myself LOL.

Eluzyion
08-02-17, 09:43 AM
This make sense Eluzyion. Thanks for clearing this up, and let us know how you play. I always save gems for skipping breeding quest during a SB or a Zodiac quest for example. And if I like a new limited habitat I buy that. It's really handy how you play it, and I like your way of thinking. Too bad I only can buy ones a month for gems. It's a deal I made with myself LOL.

It's a good deal to make w yourself, the game can be addictive it's too easy to go overboard! I only buy if I get a sale lol

Eluzyion
08-02-17, 09:53 AM

When I regular play SB, I try to start on time and skip 3 chapters, then I watch the forum for what's coming, I have 3 days (since I skipped cheap chapters) to breed or plant and prepare then I'm ready to keep going.. Usually in those 3 days I can get the animal needed to breed in SB and not skip the breed which costs more than skipping first few chapters, and big amt harvests can be ready too for instance if I will need to plant 3 mango then Harv 50x I make sure 3 fields are open and plant 3 20- hour fields and no skipping is needed there either, plus having any evolution ready to go too.. So there are great preparation strategies by ppl posting chapters that can save you not only time but gems :)

Eluzyion
08-02-17, 10:07 AM
I'll add this as well.. A gem sale is RANDOM not everyone gets it at the same time, but! lol SOMETIMES, not everytime but it's worked more than not, if I need a gem sale I buy the lowest gem pack before the game reset at 12 am pdt (usually about 5-7 pm pdt) and this purchase "can" trigger a gem sale when the game resets, so it's a chance I take now and then because I won't buy bigger gem packages not on sale. So take the gamble if you like but it has worked for me :)

MystiqueRealm
08-02-17, 10:10 AM
VERY good strategic info here! And oooh! I'm going to try that Gem sale trick I don't get a sale when I need one!! Thank you Eluzyion :)

Eluzyion
08-02-17, 10:11 AM
VERY good strategic info here! And oooh! I'm going to try that Gem sale trick I don't get a sale when I need one!! Thank you Eluzyion :)

Glad it's helpful to you! And good luck triggering a gem sale ;)

AppieP
08-02-17, 11:14 AM
When I regular play SB, I try to start on time and skip 3 chapters, then I watch the forum for what's coming, I have 3 days (since I skipped cheap chapters) to breed or plant and prepare then I'm ready to keep going.. Usually in those 3 days I can get the animal needed to breed in SB and not skip the breed which costs more than skipping first few chapters, and big amt harvests can be ready too for instance if I will need to plant 3 mango then Harv 50x I make sure 3 fields are open and plant 3 20- hour fields and no skipping is needed there either, plus having any evolution ready to go too.. So there are great preparation strategies by ppl posting chapters that can save you not only time but gems :)

I did that for this SB, skipping the 2nd and 3th chapter. What I didn't know I need to wait 2 hole days before I get my next chapter unlocked. I thought if we skip the waiting time we had a head start. Noticed it didn't worked that way. But additional benefit is like you say, we can prepare for the next chapter. If there is someone who already knew the next chapters of course.

MyLipsAreSealed
08-03-17, 12:48 AM

This is great advice. Also your logic on speeding through tournaments totally works for me. I've been playing a few months now and am finally getting the hang of things and the rhythm of events and such... so it's a good time now to start strategizing for maximum benefits!

Thanks so much for the time you take to share your insights and game tips each week, I've been able to win some really fabulous creatures for me and my kiddo because of it.

Eluzyion
08-03-17, 07:14 AM
This is great advice. Also your logic on speeding through tournaments totally works for me. I've been playing a few months now and am finally getting the hang of things and the rhythm of events and such... so it's a good time now to start strategizing for maximum benefits!

Thanks so much for the time you take to share your insights and game tips each week, I've been able to win some really fabulous creatures for me and my kiddo because of it.

Thank you! I'm glad you find it helpful and wish you and the kids the best of luck!