PDA

View Full Version : Staying in Paris Cruise - 28 Jul, 2017 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
07-26-17, 06:21 PM
Staying in Paris Cruise This is a 10 days cruise.

Monsieur Pierre is excited for you to visit Paris! He hopes that one day you'll stay! If you can get Pierre to visit your Restaurant, I'm sure he'll share his Pizza Crepe recipe with you!

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37561

Cruise Guide
Refer to Cruise Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide) for more information.

Cruise Day
This cruise uses Set C in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1343792&viewfull=1#post1343792
Keep checking here for further updates.
- On Day 2, we'll know if Set A is being used.
- On Day 8, we'll know if it's Set B or C.

Prizes
Once you have completed all 10 days, Monsieur Pierre will visit your restaurant every ? hours and drop you the ingredient to make the Pizza Crepe (gem recipe).

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37586

Gem Recipe
Pizza Crepe -

When he first showed up, he only gave me one batter in a cup. But if you want to buy them with gems, they cost 1 gem each.
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37609

Limited Recipes
Banana Crepe

Rynetory2
07-26-17, 06:21 PM
Goals

Monsieur Pierre has arrived at your Restaurant so he can persuade you to come and stay in Paris! He knows how much you love to travel and see the world! The crew that brought him over might be mighty hungry, so before Pierre appears, we should make his crew feel at home. Let's set up a special dinner to show Pierre that we are able to handle any Parisian Cuisine that he's got for us!

Goal 1: Staying in Paris!
Serve Fench Toast x5
Learn and then cook Banana Crepe x1
Win Le Chat Noir in Day 2 of the Paris Cruise!
REWARDS: 2 Green Awning

Goal 2:
Cook French Dip Sandwiches x 10
Keep Cooking Banana Crepes x5
Win a Parisian Bike From day 5 of the Paris Cruise
REWARDS: 1,000 coins, 1 Master Spice

Goal 3:
Keep cooking those Banana Crepes! x15
Serve Pizza Crepe x1
REWARDS: 3 Gold stamps

chrissydid
07-28-17, 08:49 AM
Has anyone started the new cruise yet? Popped up so fast!

kooky panda
07-28-17, 10:59 AM
Yes I have started.

nmishii
07-28-17, 12:10 PM
Goals

Monsieur Pierre has arrived at your Restaurant so he can persuade you to come and stay in Paris! He knows how much you love to travel and see the world! The crew that brought him over might be mighty hungry, so before Pierre appears, we should make his crew feel at home. Let's set up a special dinner to show Pierre that we are able to handle any Parisian Cuisine that he's got for us!

Goal 1: Staying in Paris!
Serve Fench Toast x5
Learn and then cook Banana Crepe x1
Win Le Chat Noir in Day 2 of the Paris Cruise!
REWARDS: 2 Green Awning

Goal 2:
Cook French Dip Sandwiches x 10
Keep Cooking Banana Crepes x?
Win a Parisian Bike From day 5 of the Paris Cruise
REWARDS: 1000 coins 1 Master Spice

Goal 3:

For the Banana Crepes in Goal 2, it's x5

Are you certain the Banana Crepes are a limited recipe? To master to 1 star you have to cook it 20 times, and it'll be more for 2 and 3 stars. Typically it's 10, 20, 30 or less to master limited time recipes.

Thanks

yugaxi
07-28-17, 08:08 PM

Are you certain the Banana Crepes are a limited recipe? To master to 1 star you have to cook it 20 times, and it'll be more for 2 and 3 stars. Typically it's 10, 20, 30 or less to master limited time recipes.

Thanks

That's what I'm wondering as well, seems a high requirement if it's a limited recipe

bobbyrae
07-29-17, 06:13 AM

Thanks

It does have a timer on it. Right now it's saying I have 13 days remaining on it. Not sure why they changed the usual mastery requirement though.

Rynetory2
07-29-17, 10:22 PM

Thanks

I put it under limited time for now because of the timer shown and we had limited recipes in the past. I'll change the caption when players can confirm it stayed after they complete their cruise and goal. :) It would be nice if we could keep it after the cruise ends.

Rynetory2
07-29-17, 10:39 PM
It does have a timer on it. Right now it's saying I have 13 days remaining on it. Not sure why they changed the usual mastery requirement though.

I see another change. The gem recipe now requires European butter (a gold stamp) to cook it. :( Not only it's difficult to complete a cruise to win a gem recipe, now we need another difficult ingredient to cook it. And if we dont have gold stamps to cook it, this grand prize recipe becomes useless? :rolleyes:

nmishii
07-30-17, 03:07 AM

It could mean that the timer is for how long you can learn the recipe. There have been cases where a timer remained on permanent recipes from a goal and people have questioned the timer near the end of the goal.

I put it under limited time for now because of the timer shown and we had limited recipes in the past. I'll change the caption when players can confirm it stayed after they complete their cruise and goal. :) It would be nice if we could keep it after the cruise ends.

By the time people finish the cruise it's too late. It would be nice to know before so we can hold off on trying to master it until after the cruise. I really wanted so know sooner so it wouldn't take up a counter

bobbyrae
07-30-17, 11:07 AM
I see another change. The gem recipe now requires European butter (a gold stamp) to cook it. :( Not only it's difficult to complete a cruise to win a gem recipe, now we need another difficult ingredient to cook it. And if we dont have gold stamps to cook it, this grand prize recipe becomes useless? :rolleyes:

is this the pizza crepe?

bobbyrae
07-30-17, 11:09 AM
By the time people finish the cruise it's too late. It would be nice to know before so we can hold off on trying to master it until after the cruise. I really wanted so know sooner so it wouldn't take up a counter

Yesssssss! Counter space is valuable.

bobbyrae
07-31-17, 04:11 PM
Goal 3: Cook 15 Banana Crepes
Serve Pizza crepe

Carbuck
07-31-17, 07:31 PM
Goal 3: Cook 15 Banana Crepes
Serve Pizza crepe

Whoa that is steep! It went from 1 to 5 and now 15. Goodness gracious!!

Thanks for the heads up Bobbyrae.

SunUpSunDown
07-31-17, 08:07 PM

Will Lani come with her gold stamp express order? The 10 day cruise maybe finished, depending on when it was started. The timer to get the recipe is running when she comes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

hungryres
07-31-17, 09:34 PM
Yesssssss! Counter space is valuable.

i always think they introduce / bring back old limited dishes is to occupy your counter space.

back then it is just limited, which you could choose to earn star for mastery or not, or there was also side goal too,,, i can't remember.
it stopped for a while, but recently they brought that back in terms of side goal with incentive of stamp to complete, therefore, even i master recent two (?) event's limited recipe which were old dishes, still have to cook those for stamp/ side goal thingy.

chrissydid
08-01-17, 06:08 AM
Woh! The final gem recipe will require a butter???? That is huge. That's an incredibly expensive dish to make. All the work to get a butter and then turn around and *maybe* get a gem from it?

Yeah... May not bother finishing this cruise. Wow. Super disappointed. I'm of the camp that could not care less for stamps. I think the stamp challenges are really boring, time consuming, and stamps are not fun to earn.

I do the cruises because I like getting fun decorations for "free" (aka not spending gems) and to get a gem recipe so that I can earn gems for decor and building.

As I've been top leveled out for a while, this might be the end of the road for me if this is the new direction of the game.

SunUpSunDown
08-01-17, 03:53 PM
Lani is not necessary. Gold stamps are rewarded 2 cruise days. There is yet plenty of time to process the stamp into European butter.
Save 1 butter to unlock the gem recipe at the end of the cruise.

bobbyrae
08-01-17, 04:00 PM
Lani is not necessary. Gold stamps are rewarded 2 cruise days. There is yet plenty of time to process the stamp into European butter.
Save 1 butter to unlock the gem recipe at the end of the cruise.

i suspect the complaint was that the recipe called for butter in the first place which needs the elusive gold stamp to make which then makes the recipe itself hard to make.

SunUpSunDown
08-01-17, 07:28 PM
Two years ago started playing Restaurant Story 2. It's easier now than the beginning because all shops and restaurant are expanded to the max. I,m at level 60. My personal goal was to master recipes. That didn't happen. Last year stamps were introduced in June. Lani came in August.
Last month, more than a year of time, I finally mastered all stamp recipes. Sitting on 800+ duck eggs, I ignore most quests for those now. The turbinado sugar I use in one recipe that was mastered months ago.

I use stamp ingredients for cruise goals.

With no stamp recipes to unlock, I have 10,000+ recipe cards.

So. I will try to get the pizza crepe that uses European Butter. If it takes a month or more than a Year to master, so be it.

I can play RS2 as it is. To be honest, it,s the same old same old. Enough comfort and familiar to not quit. So far. Maybe I stay because I like how I decorated the restaurant.

kgp70282
08-02-17, 03:25 AM
Every two weeks a cruise? Isn't that a lot? Do not get me wrong I love the cruises it would be nice to have a little more time in between like in the past they would have a twelve day event like with the Yeti or Mina or when they did the renaissance fair I miss those types of goals as well

Carbuck
08-02-17, 05:58 AM
While the gem producing recipe does require European butter which is earned from gold stamps it does increase the difficulty. My approach is to keep on cooking recipes. The bulk of my gold stamps come from cooking recipes on the various stoves and it is supplemented by Lani's Goals and now the side goal for gold stamps if they continue.

Good luck everyone!

SunUpSunDown
08-02-17, 07:08 AM
With the new uses for stamps, has the drop rate been increased for gold and other stamps? Maybe new and different opportunities to get stamps will be introduced.

Yes, When I cook a lot I too get gold and other stamps.

Carbuck
08-02-17, 07:46 AM
S8 put gold stamps back into the cruises as prizes. Along with reviving Lani's Express Order that yields a gold stamp and adding a cruise side goal( yields 3 gold stamps), I'd say there are more opportunities to get gold stamps.

skediddlekiddle
08-03-17, 02:02 PM
When it comes to getting those three gold stamps on the side quest, I'm paying more attention to how many days are left on the cruise rather than how many days the side quest says I have to make banana crepes. Not getting caught short again!

MysticOrchid
08-03-17, 03:40 PM
When he first showed up, he only gave me one batter in a cup. But if you want to buy them with gems, they cost 1 gem each.

bobbyrae
08-03-17, 03:40 PM
Cruise Day
This cruise uses Set ? in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1343792 (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1343792&viewfull=1#post1343792)

Looks like it's Set C.

bobbyrae
08-03-17, 03:44 PM

And we need 5 of the batter in cup plus the butter. >.<
For those who haven't tackled the banana crepe and who don't plan on doing it with the cruise, looks like you'll have PLENTY of time to get it done...well at least maybe 5 days.

Rynetory2
08-03-17, 07:03 PM

Looks like it's Set C.

Thanks guys. I've added to Post 1.

Rynetory2
08-03-17, 07:05 PM
When it comes to getting those three gold stamps on the side quest, I'm paying more attention to how many days are left on the cruise rather than how many days the side quest says I have to make banana crepes. Not getting caught short again!

I'm cooking the banana crepes for Goal 3 before the cruise ends so I can complete it, in case it happens again.

SunUpSunDown
08-03-17, 07:23 PM
Cook banana crepe 40 times for 3rd gold star.

Carbuck
08-05-17, 06:02 AM
I've already cooked the required 15 banana crepes for the side goal. I don't plan on mastering the crepe recipe. The last 2 days of the cruise will be challenging enough for me.

Congrats MysticOrchard on completing the cruise! WTG!

Rynetory2
08-05-17, 07:59 AM
This cruise uses Set C in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1343792&viewfull=1#post1343792

hungryres
08-05-17, 09:02 PM
How far apart does the new character visit?

Cant seem to see him when most of mu other goal characters have dropped by second time

Rynetory2
08-06-17, 06:09 AM
Did you enjoy this cruise? Which prizes did you like? Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

mydogsfarm
08-07-17, 06:23 AM
I had alot of trouble with this cruise. And I'm at Level 60. But I kept getting orders that take 8 hours to cook, or it needed breading, batter, or something else. I went down to the wire, to 5 hours. Used way to many gems. I'm so upset I'm taking the day off from playing the game.

Rainstorms45
08-07-17, 02:39 PM
I'm supposed to have 10 hours left on my cruise but now it's gone :(( I would not have made it, but was almost done with day nine... I can't finish these cruises always just make it to the last day ....

kooky panda
08-08-17, 09:54 AM
I'm supposed to have 10 hours left on my cruise but now it's gone :(( I would not have made it, but was almost done with day nine... I can't finish these cruises always just make it to the last day ....

Please see current thread on this :

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100265-Staying-in-Paris-Cruise-ended-early

tuffyjkitten
08-09-17, 03:57 PM
I used way too many gems as well but we were driving home on the last day and I wasn't able to play much. I don't really like that the goal recipe requires European butter.

Carbuck
08-09-17, 09:15 PM
I liked the side goal that gave 3 gold stamps. It would be nice to see more diverse characters than the ones we always seem to get with the gem recipe.

chrissydid
08-10-17, 09:05 AM
the final gem recipe is a real disappointment. I only got 2 drops of batter in over 24 hours.

Plus, Pizza Crepe only brings you 300 servings, 450 points, 9 stars and a gem, yet it takes 5 special items drops AND a butter. meanwhile, I could use that butter to earn 50,000 points making pain au chocolate or 40,000 making salted ice cream (not to mention the other recipes.) And if a cruise comes, I need to have butter in stock to make cruise requests now!

I've made Pizza Crepe once and do not plan on making it again.

Rynetory2
08-10-17, 09:43 AM
I don't really like that the goal recipe requires European butter.

the final gem recipe is a real disappointment. I only got 2 drops of batter in over 24 hours.

Plus, Pizza Crepe only brings you 300 servings, 450 points, 9 stars and a gem, yet it takes 5 special items drops AND a butter. meanwhile, I could use that butter to earn 50,000 points making pain au chocolate or 40,000 making salted ice cream (not to mention the other recipes.) And if a cruise comes, I need to have butter in stock to make cruise requests now!

I've made Pizza Crepe once and do not plan on making it again.

I agree with you both on this Pizza Crepe. The gem recipes have always been my motivation to do cruises which kept me going in this game. Unfortunately the need of butter in this prize recipe had much dampened that. Very sad to say, I had cooked it for the first and final time. :( I must remember to check the ingredients needed first next time.

tara21264
08-11-17, 12:47 AM
I agree with you both on this Pizza Crepe. The gem recipes have always been my motivation to do cruises which kept me going in this game. Unfortunately the need of butter in this prize recipe had much dampened that. Very sad to say, I had cooked it for the first and final time. :( I must remember to check the ingredients needed first next time.

Very very true!!!!