PDA

View Full Version : Why am I collecting sparkles off buildings?

Death Farmer
08-17-10, 05:21 PM
I'm just trying to make sense of the cleaning buildings aspect of this game. Don't get me wrong, I like City Story, and I know they are trying to tie it to the farmville fans but...

This makes no sense... a neighbor from a nearby city decides to dump water on my building and somehow clean it. I can understand watering a small patch of corn or flowers, but cleaning my entire parking lot or luxury home?

So I as a mayor come along and become annoyed when I notice this clean patch in my dirty city, and I get rewarded for stealing away that clean and making it dirty again. I don't know, maybe the sparkly clean is powered by the souls of the damned, and I am sucking them up in my Ghostbusters-era spectral containment unit. If I have really active neighbors, I will rack up serious cash as I suck the sparkly cleanness this same building multiple times an hour, which leads to much money for some reason over the course of a day.

Firstly... how do I collect the shine off a building? It's not a tangible thing. I would need to befoul the building, or just flat out destroy it.

Secondly, why am I getting rewarded for making my buildings less clean? Wouldn't it be in my interests to leave it clean so my city looks nicer?

Thirdly, why would my neighbors care about cleaning my buildings? I know I know, they are trying to help me to get more stars for themselves, so hopefully somebody else will water their crop... I mean clean their buildings over some poor schmuck with only 2 stars.

Wouldn't it have made more sense for visitors to just visit my shops so I can collect taxes from them? Or stay in my hotels? Or rent my houses? Or pay for unholy services at my satanic churches so their souls can be used to cover the buildings in other neighborhoods?

I like the factory aspect of this game, as it's loads more fun than tapping the screen 1200 times to plant, plow and harvest a crop, but it just seems like the other major aspect such as watering a person's building was not given any serious consideration.

Just a thought.

Hawk 8
08-17-10, 05:24 PM
I agree you with. I like City Story, but it seems this was not thought out very well and I would have much prefered TeamLava fix and add to Farm Story before taking on a new project.

Funkytown
08-17-10, 10:34 PM
LOL,
There is a new supervillian named Shinesucker! He grows more powerful by absorbing the chi of sparkly clean buildings. Muahaha. but before he can satisfy his thirst, he must convince others to help him.
It doesn't have to make sense, it's just a device to encourage interactivity.
Would the game be as much fun with unlimited resources but no sparkles or interactivity?

Unregistered
08-18-10, 12:06 AM
Aww come on guys, this game is just to test your s**** for being a Mayor and a Janitor at the same time. Which is totally different from being a Farmer, a President, a Digi-Pet Nuts, etc.
See which job you excel at. Let me guess, mmm......... ;) ;)

Unregistered
08-19-10, 03:44 PM
I see it a different way. People mess up my nice city with their silly little stars. I tidy the stars away. I get rewarded :)

Having written that, I realise that I may either be suffering from some form of OCD, or that I should consider a career in the cleaining industry, lol.

It's only a game...best not taken too literally :)