PDA

View Full Version : Goal line : Skylord July 25 2017

Clark_Wayne
07-25-17, 11:23 AM
4 steps to get SkyLord :

Goal 1- Hatch an Awoken Dragon (Bred Athletic and Diamond, got Awoken on the first try)
Goal 2 - Raise Awoken to level 7 (I had another Awoken at level 6, raised it to 7 and it counted towards the goal)
Goal 3 - Breed Awoken with a yellow type dragon
Goal 4 - Win 3 battles with red or blue type dragons

if you have Awoken already at level 7, goal 2 will autocomplete

Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Mythic White Yellow
Habitat: Mythic Maze, White Meadow, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 14
Buying Price: 2,200 Gold {On Sale for 1,100 Gold}
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 36 hours
Exp Gained: 675

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37517

savage_mel
07-25-17, 11:26 AM
First shot at breeding awoken and I get 20hrs. What a joke lol

amerirish
07-25-17, 11:27 AM

Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Mythic White Yellow
Habitat: Mythic Maze, White Meadow, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 14
Buying Price: 2,200 Gold {On Sale for 1,100 Gold}
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 36 hours
Exp Gained: 675

fantasyomgloveitpewds
07-25-17, 11:38 AM
I'm worried they started with a common. . . Do we breed other animals as well or just feed Awoken or both?

harshika22
07-25-17, 11:56 AM
I'm worried they started with a common. . . Do we breed other animals as well or just feed Awoken or both?

Goal 1- Hatch an Awoken Dragon (Bred Athletic and Diamond, got Awoken on the first try)
Goal 2 - Raise Awoken to level 7 (I had another Awoken at level 6, raised it to 7 and it counted towards the goal)

FireballFarm
07-25-17, 12:38 PM
Wow. I feel bad for everyone who busted their butt, stayed up all hours, and spent tons of gold in order to win the Skylord Leaderboard. :(
That once special dragon and exclusive achievement is now ground to dust under the heel of a common Awoken Dragon and a couple battles.
There is no way I'll ever spend gold on a LB again when the 'Grand Prize' dragons can be had for free a couple months down the road.

amerirish
07-25-17, 01:09 PM

Thanks for posting. My current Awoken is already level 7 so hopefully that will suffice. I really don't want to have to throw more food away on a dragon that I wouldn't choose to level up :(

fantasyomgloveitpewds
07-25-17, 01:53 PM

Oh! This goal is very easy! I might have a chance. I have 6 hours on my nest, pretty sure it's Awoken

starship412
07-25-17, 02:47 PM
And Awoken is reclassified from common to ultra rare for 7 days, lol.

byteme77
07-25-17, 03:17 PM

LOL was thinking same myself last event over 20 breeding and not 1 was Awoken dragon of which i wasted lots of gold on and give up on the impossible tales event :D

Anaboe
07-25-17, 03:17 PM
Wow. I feel bad for everyone who busted their butt, stayed up all hours, and spent tons of gold in order to win the Skylord Leaderboard. :(
That once special dragon and exclusive achievement is now ground to dust under the heel of a common Awoken Dragon and a couple battles.
There is no way I'll ever spend gold on a LB again when the 'Grand Prize' dragons can be had for free a couple months down the road.

Like I did. Ah well, that's life. Dragon Story is like Pokemon to me: gotta catch them all, so I'm happy that I got Skylord, and hope others will get him too. I do not like the Leaderboards, as it leaves 9 out of 10 without the final prize.

zenkitty99
07-25-17, 03:26 PM
This is nice, especially since I already had an Awoken Dragon egg on my nest ready to hatch this morning, and I have another Awoken already at level 6! So I have the first two steps done ...

I think it's great that they are giving those of us who don't/can't go crazy with the gold spending another chance to get these prize dragons. And get them in a pretty straight-forward way - as long as we're prepared to be patient and wait for them. Thanks S8! :)

amalsaba
07-25-17, 03:27 PM

Spot on.... lol

amalsaba
07-25-17, 03:29 PM
I already have skylord and awoken. What I don't have isa lot of food. So I'm sitting this one out.

ksbmommy
07-25-17, 03:45 PM
I passed on the LB with him, wasn't loving it. But this is much easier to get him so I'll go for it.

farmday0123
07-25-17, 06:43 PM
Try awokend got 16 hours

jjblueyes
07-25-17, 06:53 PM
Amen. I posted about this recently- I said I remember when people ****ed for this dragon and it wouldn't surprise me to see it for grabs. It's almost like they are trying to gut the game. These situations are exactly why I don't care about the events anymore, leaderboard, tournaments and all the rest, no dragon is truly special anymore and I won't spend a cent to get these "prizes".
Wait a bit and the ones you really want will come up again somehow. I know this makes many people happy but I think it's awful. Don't call them a prize or a award when it's not even close to that.

JustKay
07-25-17, 08:18 PM
Dang, this goal line is so easy! A bit disappointed they did this to the very first LB prize dragon. I got mine in the LB but I feel sorry for anyone who bought the dragon between now and then

starship412
07-25-17, 09:24 PM
I knew it. Awoken is ultra rare for a week.
1st Try: 20 Hrs - A worthless Magic Dragon...

lintupien
07-25-17, 10:38 PM
Try breeding tropic with fire (or water), you should get the awoken fairly easy because it is the only common dragon from that pairing.

hungryres
07-25-17, 11:21 PM

not sure if i should feel happy or disappointed by this
i only won 2 LB events before. and Skylord being the first introduced, and mythic combo makes me want to have that, i remember i had spent gold in order to win the event.

re-introducing LB dragon again makes everyone got another chance to get them, but, really not fair to those won from LB.

last time LB dragon was brought back, i remember we had to breed for that (among other limited returning dragon) so, can't really got it when it had a chance re-listed.

ksbmommy
07-26-17, 05:35 AM
My son's account has finished the goal and has the egg in storage. My main account has 1 more battle left.

Just an FYI, as soon as you win your 3rd battle, it will try and go straight to the nest. If you don't want to hatch it right away, make sure your nests are full prior to winning the 3rd battle.

amerirish
07-26-17, 05:54 AM
Try breeding tropic with fire (or water), you should get the awoken fairly easy because it is the only common dragon from that pairing.

This is especially genius because it also eliminates the dreaded Magic fail :D The outcomes with Tropic/Fire or Tropic/Water are:

Athletic - Rare - 11 hours
Awoken - Common - 6 hours
Lunar Ram - Rare - 16 hours (better than 20 hours)

Thanks for the tip lintupien :D

Anaboe
07-26-17, 06:19 AM
My son's account has finished the goal and has the egg in storage. My main account has 1 more battle left.

Just an FYI, as soon as you win your 3rd battle, it will try and go straight to the nest. If you don't want to hatch it right away, make sure your nests are full prior to winning the 3rd battle.
Thnx for the tip! With the shortage of space and habitats, I'd rather have a second one in storage than breed one.

dkswong
07-26-17, 06:24 AM
It is easy. I have two dens and got TWO 20 hours dragons. I use 10x boost to get rid of them and got a 6-hour dragon in my fourth breed.

savage_mel
07-26-17, 07:03 AM
This is especially genius because it also eliminates the dreaded Magic fail :D The outcomes with Tropic/Fire or Tropic/Water are:

Athletic - Rare - 11 hours
Awoken - Common - 6 hours
Lunar Ram - Rare - 16 hours (better than 20 hours)

Thanks for the tip lintupien :D
Of course I would get the 16hrs lunar ram!! Right after I put a magic on the nest. Yup, for me awoken will be ultra rare this week

AinoDK
07-26-17, 07:24 AM
My current Awoken is already level 7 so hopefully that will suffice. I really don't want to have to throw more food away on a dragon that I wouldn't choose to level up :(

Existing Awoken at level 7 counts thankfully

amerirish
07-26-17, 07:39 AM
Existing Awoken at level 7 counts thankfully

Thanks for the confirmation :D

amerirish
07-26-17, 09:44 AM
Of course I would get the 16hrs lunar ram!! Right after I put a magic on the nest. Yup, for me awoken will be ultra rare this week

Ditto; I used Tropic & Playful and got 16 hours :mad:

ETA: Next try, I used Turtle & Fire and got 6 hours :D It's weird to be happy about a duplicate, common outcome, lol.

farmday0123
07-26-17, 01:02 PM
Athletic n fire got 16 hours then switch to athletic n playful get 6 hours

Feenfunke
07-26-17, 01:28 PM

I can't agree with you. I have already won this dragon in the leaderboard around a year ago. But why grudge this dragon to players who couldn't get it one year earlier?
I remember how happy I was to have the chance to breed Mama Dragon - a LB dragon I wasn't able to get while the LB.

gingerbreadsweets
07-26-17, 01:42 PM
I can't agree with you. I have already won this dragon in the leaderboard around a year ago. But why grudge this dragon to players who couldn't get it one year earlier?
I remember how happy I was to have the chance to breed Mama Dragon - a LB dragon I wasn't able to get while the LB.
Same here. I am very happy for other players to get a chance too 😊 And a much better opportunity in a goal line than just purchase. Good luck to all. I might even try for a second Skylord.

FireballFarm
07-26-17, 02:37 PM

I'm certainly not begrudging players getting a stupid pixel dragon- I missed out on Skylord and am trying for it this week, myself. What I have a problem with is S8 pitting players against each other during the LB competitions to win these hyped-up, supposedly super exclusive and special 'Grand Prize' dragons, and then just casually dropping into the game for free a few months later.

I did win Mama in the LB. For the entire last two hours of the event I went head-to-head with two other players to keep my position at the top of the LB. It was extremely stressful, especially the last few seconds and until the results were posted. But, I did it, I got the dragon. I was so excited, simply thrilled. She was like a badge of honor on my Isles, a visible representation of all my hard work and effort. She was more than just a silly little dragon.

Then, when Mama was made breedable, it felt like getting backstabbed by S8. It made all my stress, effort, and feeling of accomplishment absolutely pointless. I felt played, like I had been taken in by a con. And really, I guess I was. S8 made their extra money off me, and I'm sure they are laughing all the way to the bank after every LB. To realize that is not a good feeling.

I'm glad others could get Mama (she's very cute and pretty, that's why I fought so hard for her). It's the fierce, nasty competition aspect that makes the whole thing screwed up. It's like, what if Olympic gold medals were suddenly given out to everyone who ran in the local 10K? Or presented Fields Medals to everyone who passed AP Calculus? The coveted award/reward would lose all value, purpose, and meaning, as would the time, effort, s****, and achievement of past winners. Not cool. It's the principle of the matter, not the dragon.

starship412
07-26-17, 03:04 PM
Good news: Due to great advice on using Tropic type and blue or red, I got Awoken (Turtle/Hammerhead). Bad News: I have to wait 20 hrs for Daywing and a bum Magic to get off their nests.

Phoenix406
07-26-17, 05:33 PM
First shot at breeding awoken and I get 20hrs. What a joke lol

Me, too! First 2 tries so far, actually. Before I bred multiple Awokens. I'm actually using Awoken as a parent, but no luck.

JustKay
07-27-17, 12:03 AM
....It's like, what if Olympic gold medals were suddenly given out to everyone who ran in the local 10K? Or presented Fields Medals to everyone who passed AP Calculus? The coveted award/reward would lose all value, purpose, and meaning, as would the time, effort, s****, and achievement of past winners. Not cool. It's the principle of the matter, not the dragon.

All u really win is first dibs on the prize dragon, an exclusive decoration & and the experience of winning an LB.

To match your analogy, the Olympic medal is actually the trophy. The prize dragon is really just the right to say u are the best Olympian at that event globally. You hold that title for 4 years and then u have to defend it or there will be someone else. We had that right for less than a year in DS... maybe that's how long Dragon years are...

This wouldn't be the first time a limited dragon returned. It's just that's it's so soon and in such an easy goal line that's most disappointing

jjblueyes
07-27-17, 01:17 AM
All u really win is first dibs on the prize dragon, an exclusive decoration & and the experience of winning an LB.

To match your analogy, the Olympic medal is actually the trophy. The prize dragon is really just the right to say u are the best Olympian at that event globally. You hold that title for 4 years and then u have to defend it or there will be someone else. We had that right for less than a year in DS... maybe that's how long Dragon years are...

This wouldn't be the first time a limited dragon returned. It's just that's it's so soon and in such an easy goal line that's most disappointing

I understand the medal example. I don't understand the need to analyze it or the person posting it.
Yep, it wouldn't be the first time a limited dragon returned. Some of us were annoyed by that from the start but LB prizes are different in my opinion. This first event was presented in such a way that led most to believe you were winning a first place, very special & very limited "prize"
That it's so soon & such an easy goal line might be what's most disappointing to you but for some of us the entire situation is disappointing....people are allowed to be as happy or as angry as they want over any event....and that's ok. I don't think it's fair to say anyone was begrudging anyone...stating that you feel bad for people who spent time and money isn't begrudging, it's compassion. I remember the event well and there was a ton of money dropped and people stayed up and a few lost minds over that prize. Stating you won't be spending money on LB events, also not begrudging, it's just smart.
Everyone can feel how they feel....and that's how I feel.
OP- I get it. I get the principle of the situation. It feels manipulative and wrong to me too.

JustKay
07-27-17, 01:29 AM
I agree it was manipulative but that's modern marketing. Plenty of buyers regret out there. We are stressing over digital dragons here...
I was just trying to offer a different perspective that might help. I won 2nd place in that LB by 30 points in a mad dash at the end. That exp was the best part for me. Sky lord was just icing

Monichiwa
07-27-17, 04:38 AM
Do you know how many days we have to complete this? Since I've been stuck with an Infinity dragon in the battle arena since SATURDAY (for real), I don't see how I'm gonna win the battles -_-

jjblueyes
07-27-17, 04:43 AM
That's my point. Thanks. Seeing things much differently isn't "stressing over" anything.
If you want to chat feel free to pm me. This is getting off topic. I've said my peace, this skylord thing is off putting, in my opinion. Thanks

jjblueyes
07-27-17, 07:09 AM
Do you know how many days we have to complete this? Since I've been stuck with an Infinity dragon in the battle arena since SATURDAY (for real), I don't see how I'm gonna win the battles -_-
Any of those side quests can typically be found in your goal book. I just checked for you and it's showing 6 days left on my ticker.

Rak1357
07-27-17, 07:37 AM
I got two magic trying to breed for Awoken. Then I remembered reading in the past posts that if you breed lower level dragon the chances of getting Awoken dragon is more. So I tried a level 4 Fire with level 7 water got 6 hrs :)

Monichiwa
07-27-17, 08:59 AM
Any of those side quests can typically be found in your goal book. I just checked for you and it's showing 6 days left on my ticker.
Thanks! I know, but for some reason, this time it doesn't. To me at least.

kooky panda
07-27-17, 09:15 AM
That's my point. Thanks. Seeing things much differently isn't "stressing over" anything.
If you want to chat feel free to pm me. This is getting off topic. I've said my peace, this skylord thing is off putting, in my opinion. Thanks

I agree! Thread is now getting off topic. Please continue your personal discussions by private message.

Thanks!

harobeda
07-27-17, 09:22 AM
For the record: If your Awoken dragon is in the Stable then the task for him being evolved to level 7 will not count as completed until he's back into a habitat.

amerirish
07-27-17, 10:52 AM
Grr, I've been stubbornly trying to complete the last task, but it suddenly all my opponents are strong against Blue & Reds :mad: I need to refocus on winning battles for maps and go back to this after the WE. I did want to thank the poster who warned us not to have any empty nests when we complete this side goal otherwise Skylord will go straight to hatch. If all nests are full, he can hang in storage with my ten million other eggs I don't have room for :(

KNOBWARS
07-27-17, 12:54 PM
I have an awoken dragon at level 7 in a habitat and I finally bred one this morning to pass the first task. The game is still expecting me to reach level 7 so it appears that it is not accepting that I already have one at level 7. Is it possible that this trigger doesn't fire until I get the breeding awoken out of the nest?

Phoenix406
07-27-17, 12:59 PM
I have an awoken dragon at level 7 in a habitat and I finally bred one this morning to pass the first task. The game is still expecting me to reach level 7 so it appears that it is not accepting that I already have one at level 7. Is it possible that this trigger doesn't fire until I get the breeding awoken out of the nest?

I would say yes since the goal is to *hatch" an awoken dragon, not *breed* an awoken dragon.

KNOBWARS
07-27-17, 01:02 PM
I would say yes since the goal is to *hatch" an awoken dragon, not *breed* an awoken dragon.

No, it accepted the goal as completed as soon as I moved the egg to the nest. It is now asking me to raise to level 7 as the second goal but I'll just have to wait it out and see what happens.

amerirish
07-27-17, 01:18 PM
No, it accepted the goal as completed as soon as I moved the egg to the nest. It is now asking me to raise to level 7 as the second goal but I'll just have to wait it out and see what happens.

When I took my Awoken egg off the nest (I sold it), the next step auto completed since I had another Awoken at level 7 placed in a habitat :D

starship412
07-27-17, 01:20 PM

I'd do a Force Close on the game and see if that works because the level 7 Awoken I already had did count towards the goal.

jjblueyes
07-27-17, 02:17 PM
Thanks! I know, but for some reason, this time it doesn't. To me at least.

That's frustrating! Should be 6 days. If it's off someone will let us know. Good luck.:)

marathon2615
07-27-17, 03:53 PM
Just wanted to post this if it helps someone. When I moved on to the goal of raising awoken dragon to level 7 it counted the one I had already leveled up about a month ago. So I just skipped right on past it.

giddyjan
07-27-17, 04:31 PM
I already have Awoken @7 but goal did not autocomplete. Anything I can do.

KNOBWARS
07-27-17, 06:13 PM
The dragon is now in a habitat and it didn't autocomplete for me either. Awesome. Now I get to evolve a dragon with apples I need for the DT tomorrow and then toss him in the garbage when I'm done. Yay. :)

Dragosle
07-27-17, 10:40 PM
I was thinking...

Is this super-easy-to-do goal line the compensation for that unrealistic World Event we're having now? I'm a long time player and never before have I seen such an easy limited-time goal, not to mention with a reward that used to be the grand prize of a Leaderboard event.

S8 did the same thing in Castle Story by giving everyone a free new pet after that unrealistic Story Book event.

Phoenix406
07-28-17, 12:25 PM
Just got Skylord. I remember people saying that Fungi was such a terrible fighter when we had to use him in a Dragontales, but I use him a lot and have good luck.

Carbuck
07-29-17, 06:20 AM
When I took my Awoken egg off the nest (I sold it), the next step auto completed since I had another Awoken at level 7 placed in a habitat :D

I happened to have bred this Awoken for the umpteenth time so task auto completed as I usually don't pay much attention to Island Goals. I sold it also and then used the one I already had for the next step. I haven't battled because current dragon in arena was from Ice Age. I stopped doing battles early last year. I'll probably take my time and wait as I haven't decided yet whether I want another Skylord.

Florr06
07-29-17, 07:15 AM
Skylord is on the nest :)
Used Little Hero lv13 x2 and Landworm lv15 to beat round 5, 6 and 7 of the Tournament to complete the last task

nicsdragonisle
07-29-17, 04:09 PM
I've managed to get Skylord on my games (including the baby level 44) and my kids finished also on theirs. My son may need to win one more battle but he'll get there. While I'm very happy to have the chance to get him--my leader on that LB had over 40,000 (!!) points--I do feel bad for those who spent tons of gold to win Skylord then.