Summer Sizzle Massacre Cup
Summer Sizzle Massacre Cup:
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK TO REGISTER! THE BELOW IS ONLY INFO. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, YOU'LL HAVE TO SIGN UP IN THIS LINK (PLEASE POST ALL QUESTIONS ON THE FOLLOWING LINK AS WELL
When: August 3-5, 2012 STARTS AND ENDS 5 AM PDT
Players from the following games may participate in this Cup:
Vampires Live (VL)
Zombies Live (ZL)
World War (WW)
Kingdoms Live (KL)
Racing Live (RL)
Rock Battle Live (RBL)
The Cup's History:
Many moons ago, a member of our community, moving only in mysterious circles & having never been seen, only felt, & going by the appropriate name of “Striker”, felt that the WorldWar game had become settled & stale & took it upon himself to organize a day of mayhem& carnage. So, the very first in a long-line of massacres was organized& held on 1st April 2010. The “April Fool’s Day Massacre”, (or AFDM), was a resounding success for those who took part. With each successive Massacre, the ramifications of this day continue to be felt in numerous Storm8 games.
THIS is what that first Massacre was all about& what all future Massacres should be about as well. Thus the idea of the Cup is to encourage wild & indiscriminate attacks, the riling of a truly unpredictable nature of a clan, the revelling in an ever increasing death count… etc, etc.
This Summer’s Cup…
Bringing back the original post from Striker from the first cup, all applicants should keep the following in mind:
“It's time to stir things up a little bit. So this is an official call to all farmers, deathwishers, and trouble-makers…
Can we, in 72 hours of unmitigated mayhem, alter the mind numbing course on which the game is currently set?
I submit we can. I would like to mobilize the masses to engage in the exact opposite of a game-wide cease-fire. On August 3, gear up your army and empty your ammo on whomever you choose. Then wait ‘til the ammo recharges and then do it again. Sanction everyone and their dog. Piss off as many people as you dare. And then piss off a few more.
If you find someone with money, FARM THEM DRY NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT COSTS YOU. It's just three days. Everyone can afford to go nuts for a day or two, and even three. The payoff will be worth it. People will get ticked off, and campers will uncamp (hopefully).
Who's with me?"
Once again, Storm8 has kindly agreed to donate 1000 Favor Points.
Points allocations: The top three players with the highest score at the end of the massacre will receive the following:
FIRST PLACE-500 (S8) + 300 (Arbitrator) for a total of 800 FAVOR POINTS.
SECOND PLACE- 350 (S8) + 100 (Arbitrator) for a total of 450 FAVOR POINTS.
THIRD PLACE- 150 (S8) + 50 (Arbitrator) for a total of 200 FAVOR POINTS.
So now that you know the mindset (and rewards!) of the massacre, how do you win the cup?
The winning formula is (Deaths + Kills - Losses) * (Exp - Missions Penalty + Bonuses). You want to get the highest score using this formula while minimizing the number that is deducted (High deaths, kills, exp, bonuses, and low losses and mission penalty)!
1. For every mission you do, 100 points will be deducted. DOING MISSIONS DOES NOT ADD TO THE PURPOSE OF THE MASSACRE.
2. Wins don't count! Only the exp does!
3a. There will be 30 trivia bonus questions that will be asked 3 hours prior to the start of the massacre on pal. COME EARLY.
3b. There will be 10 in game challenges to be completed during this 72 hour massacre duration.
3c. Bonus points will be given out throughout the duration of the massacre for funny walls, etc. I WILL BE STALKING YOUR WALLS (hahaha).
3d. All points given will be added to the bonuses section in the formula.
4. For World War and iMobsters players, every TWO KILLS EQUALS ONE POINT. For every other game, one kill equals one point.
5. You may only enter one account.
6. If your losses go past your deaths and kills count, you will go negative. That will take you out of the race. Lesson? DO NOT GO NEGATIVE!
Last but not least...
7. Remember the purpose of this massacre. Don't bother entering if you're just in it for the points.
Pros and Cons of Winning the Cup:
1) Uh... lots of free FPs!
2) You will be even more awesome than you already are and have a lot of fun in the process.
3) You will get an invitation to the most elite of all social groups – The Blownapart Cup winner’s circle, and join the illustrious winners of all past cups.
4) You get to choose and name the following massacre. Pick a date, and name it. (Strict rules apply to this process: the date must be within 2 months of the last event, and the name must be appropriate and link back to the date, and must contain the word “massacre”, or something similar.)
5) You get to choose who ‘sponsors’ the next Cup.
1) You will be the arbitrator/organiser for the next event
2) As arbitrator, you may not take part in the event
3) The success of the next event will reflect back on you as much as the fact that you won the previous one. (Do not screw it up!) Membership of the Cup winners group will be reviewed following your event.
BTW… If you do not fancy the organization – don’t enter!
How to Participate?
1) State your intention to enroll on this thread AND the game you intend to play on. (Ex- “I will be entering on my world war account…”)
2) You must PM the arbitrator (me) for your official registration to participate in the cup. THE PM MUST include your GAME, IN GAME NAME and CODE for that game. I will confirm by replying with the name of the official PAL room for the cup (YOU WILL NEED THIS). You will get a post in game from me in game confirming your registration. If you have not received this post in-game 24 hours before the event starts, please post again in this thread or PM me in PAL.
3) You must ADD the arbitrator in-game:
(The below spaces will be added as soon as I redownload the games- for now just skip this step)
The arbitrator will use this link (invite) to carry out controls and checks. These controls will eventually validate your final results, so this is a vital step.
***SCREENSHOT & PALRINGO REQUIREMENTS***
You need to provide proof of your exploits.You must be able to provide screenshots in the PAL ROOM at the commencement of the massacre (a maximum of 3 hours prior to the start time or any time thereafter- if you post early you can not begin attacking before the start time. This will be checked and discrepancies will result in disqualification) and BEFORE the end of the massacre (a maximum of 5 minutes after the massacre concludes). BUT BE CAREFUL!! Should your screenshots not match up to the arbitrator’s controls, you will be PERMANENTLY banned from taking part in any future Cup events. (This is why you need to provide a link via invite to the arbitrator, as well as including your code in registration PM in case you were wondering...)
If you have any questions, feel free to pm them to me, or post on this thread!
Last edited by pixierosex3; 06-09-2012 at 02:45 PM.
|cup, massacre, sizzle, ssmc, summer|