Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pls help. Transferred game successfully to new iPad. Now on old device my son....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamacfashion View Post
    There are 2 people posting on this thread, the very first post is my problem.
    I never started a new id. If you read my first post it explains it. I transferred my storm Id and game from my old phone to my new iPad via restaurant story. When I first got my iPad I looked up how to transfer and I did it. I downloaded restaurant story then signed in and then I downloaded dragon story and my id and game was all transferred.
    But now I want my id and game off of my old phone.
    But yes I signed in with restaurant story on my new iPad and my dragon story game "transferred"!
    I didn't have to play to level 2 though because I was already past level 2 .
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    She cannot use the login feature since the storm ID is already on the new iPad.
    In the this post she says she never created a new ID..... She has used the sign in feature and thought that it transferred her account
    Last edited by midnightmeerkat; 01-27-14 at 07:53 PM.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmeerkat View Post
    She says she did not set up a storm ID on the ipad. (Just used restaurant story to sign in)
    I understand, but since she used the login feature, her storm ID is now on her new device so she cannot use the storm 8 transfer to remove the storm ID off her old device.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    I understand, but since she used the login feature, her storm ID is now on her new device so she cannot use the storm 8 transfer to remove the storm ID off her old device.
    Oh. Ok. So it has the same storm8 ID on both devices...... interesting.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me with this. Here is my update. When I very first emailed TL to find out how to transfer my account, that is how I got the instructions to transfer my account, that is when I used the restaurant story way. Then that is when I came on here and posted because my game was still left on my old device, but to update you both. When you use the restaurant story way, you do actually transfer your account. All I had to do was restart my old phone and I also uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and my account is not on it anymore.
    Maybe this is something that has changed recently, but I thought it would be good for you to know kooky. That the restaurant story way will transfer an account. This is the site that TL gave me when I emailed them. When they send the automatic response to all emails this is the site that is attached to that email, which tells you how to transfer
    https://support.storm8.com/entries/23732810

Yay my son is going to be soo excited, lol I've been working on this, on and off for days lol When all I had to do was restart my phone hehe

Quote Originally Posted by midnightmeerkat View Post
    Oh. Ok. So it has the same storm8 ID on both devices...... interesting.
    I think the id was only on both because I hadn't restarted my phone, * Read my update in previous post

Executive Chef
    I think the id was only on both because I hadn't restarted my phone, * Read my update in previous post
    I tried the restaurant story login on an iphone which does not have any teamlava games on it and it does transfer the storm8 ID and I did get the same games on both devices.... I emailed support to get it deleted off as my son wanted his games on it which we have now done. I think it is likely that support had taken off the storm8 ID off that phone as per your request....

The Honorable Panda
    Thank you to everyone who has helped me with this. Here is my update. When I very first emailed TL to find out how to transfer my account, that is how I got the instructions to transfer my account, that is when I used the restaurant story way. Then that is when I came on here and posted because my game was still left on my old device, but to update you both. When you use the restaurant story way, you do actually transfer your account. All I had to do was restart my old phone and I also uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and my account is not on it anymore.
    Maybe this is something that has changed recently, but I thought it would be good for you to know kooky. That the restaurant story way will transfer an account. This is the site that TL gave me when I emailed them. When they send the automatic response to all emails this is the site that is attached to that email, which tells you how to transfer
    https://support.storm8.com/entries/23732810

Yay my son is going to be soo excited, lol I've been working on this, on and off for days lol When all I had to do was restart my phone hehe
    I am with midnight, I am sure that support removed your storm ID from your old account. When I use the login my storm ID is on both devices.
    Players can access that Storm8 ID from both devices until they login to another Storm8 ID.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-31-14 at 11:07 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

I tried to ask them exactly how they did it and they won't tell me. They keep sending duplicate emails, by accident maybe I don't know.
    Thanks though

Host(ess)

Need to transfer game to new device?

Do I understand correctly that to transfer my dragon story game I have to Download and log in to restaurant story?

When you use the login feature you are not removing your storm ID from your old device.
    Since you new device now has a storm ID, you will not be able to transfer your storm ID off your old device.
    You will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com. Tell them that you have moved your games over to your new device by using the login feature but you do not want your storm ID to remain on your old device ( so no one else can have access to your games) and ask if they will remove that storm ID from that device.

Future reference:
    To permanently transfer a storm ID off a device use a storm 8 game.
    See post 1
    Transfer Thread

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradma65 View Post
    Do I understand correctly that to transfer my dragon story game I have to Download and log in to restaurant story?
    If you're getting rid of your old device you should do the method in the Transfer thread that kooky mentioned. This is so whoever gets your old device can't access your accounts. If you're keeping your old device but want to be able to access your account on your new device you can download restaurant story and use it to log in.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234