Page 121 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1242

Thread: Castle Story: 7/21 | An Orchestrated Occasion | timed event | EXPIRED

Executive Chef
    Request to S8 ~ Since the jester, music stand, quartet and harp only drop 1XP & $15 coins each after finishing the event, would you please consider turning the timers OFF for all 4 of these items after the event has officially ended for everyone & just turn them into decorations? Thx.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Request to S8 ~ Since the jester, music stand, quartet and harp only drop 1XP & $15 coins each after finishing the event, would you please consider turning the timers OFF for all 4 of these items after the event has officially ended for everyone & just turn them into decorations? Thx.
    Actually I think all event items should have an off switch so that after the event is over you can choose to either collect or not, so you don't have a watering can hovering over the figures.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    Actually I think all event items should have an off switch so that after the event is over you can choose to either collect or not, so you don't have a watering can hovering over the figures.
    Or, as yet another suggestion, change timer from 1 hour to 24 hours on all 4 items and let us collect 15 coins x 24 = 360 coins from each every 24 hours.

We usually don't change timers even for items that only drop Coins or XP. These items are currently planned to remain harvestable decoration.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sourp4tch View Post
    Hello!

I'm currently discussing this with the team. I can't make any promises, but I'm investigating the breadth of the problem at least.
    Hello, I was also affected by the outage and managed to just finish on time. I know others were not so lucky. Any update on the situation? The outage affected all my Story games and only my Story games, so I feel sure it was a Storm8 issue somewhere. Thank you very much for looking into this!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by caron7 View Post
    Hi, I also usually receive 1 ink from the jester. This does seem to be the limiting factor. I'm leaving my workshops empty in hopes of getting 3 ink to start another sheet music?! It seems the ink needs to start dropping from multiple places for this to be doable. It also seems like the idea that a game should be "enjoyable" has been lost along the way here. No one should be waking up at all hours to collect magical ink :-/. I need my beauty sleep far more than whatever is at the end of this goal. The ruler of this kingdom cannot rule with bags under her eyes and a foggy, sleep deprived brain!
    I am belatedly but sincerely joining those who say THANK YOU for adjusting the number of sheet music needed to complete these goals.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    I love this idea, and it would be great for other event items, too! For example:

I left the thistle, forest dahlia, and the big tree (mine is still the attractive blue and green version) out as deco because they are so pretty and they really snazz my little kingdom up. The drop from the tree is rather insignificant (1 XP- really?), so I rarely ever collect from it- but the hovering collection icon drives me (and my OCD) crazy!

I won't use the cool new music-themed items as decoration since they will add more unwanted collection icons to my already busy-looking village. And it's a shame to leave attractive items in storage over such a simple, silly issue.

The thistle and forest dahlia both have coins over them, which ruins their overall aesthetic (even a watering can would be better for those, as it's more low-key than that shiny coin that just keeps...coming...back...). I'd have zero issues with losing the common drops in order to permanently get rid of the collection icons over these pretty flowers! After all, it's not like we can't collect blue and purple petals anywhere else in the game.

For items like the music stand and the flowers, I think the value is the decorative aspect. That is the real prize, not the common items it may drop. Now, if the drops include rare items, that would be a different story!
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 08-02-16 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eastie41 View Post
    Hi! I completed the story book! It wouldn't have happened without the adjustment to the sheet music and the extra 'push' we received from Storm8 on level 8. In particular, SpiritWind has been awesome !!! And, kudos to the many unsung heroes who posted the goals and steps so that the rest of us could get our resources together.

Thank you! What a great community.

(P.S. -- I did loose connection to all Storm8 games overnight as did many others)
    How do you know if you got an adjustment from S8??? I met the criteria that were posted on the forum at same time that S8 changed required # of sheet music ... there was a note saying that if you started "early" and were on Day 6 or 7, S8 was planning to help out. I was on Day 6 or 7 at that time, but I don't think I was given an adjustment or "extra push" as you describe. So did they give you extra ink or what???

I read the forum before starting the event, so I knew to collect regularly from Thomas and Jester ... but often only get 1 ink from Thomas and Jester. It is impossible to finish with less than 7hrs left - I was just able to start Chapter 10 (due to lack of ink!) and have 14 sheet music to make!!!??? So I give up. I've played since almost the very beginning of CS, but can't finish events when they are designed for us to fail. (I wouldn't have made it even half as far as I did without the awesome posts telling me what to get ready in advance.) Very frustrating, S8!!

The timer on the Musical Maintenance Goals were incorrect, so it has been fixed and increased by a day for those who will be playing the event until the 4th.

If you have questions about the outage, please write to support@storm8.com.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Executive Chef
    ok 1 more quest i won't finish
    definitly no fun with CS anymore
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)