Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tiny update to some rare quest item droprates

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by EBJW View Post
    Not for me and many others!
    Right now I have 78 shards and 2 fragments...

A well, IRL equal isn't always equal as well....
    The drop rate being equal doesn't mean that you will end up with the same amount of each. It means both have the same chance to drop. The fact that some people have more fragments and others have more shards is indicative of this.
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hugpete View Post
    The drop rate being equal doesn't mean that you will end up with the same amount of each. It means both have the same chance to drop. The fact that some people have more fragments and others have more shards is indicative of this.
    You are correct.

All this talk about random drops (an equal chance of dropping a shard versus a fragment) brings back memories of my statistics class in college. In an experiment to determine whether I had E.S.P., I had to guess heads or tails for a coin tossed 50 times by another person. A coin toss, just like the shards and fragment drops, has an equal chance of being heads or tails each time.

My results, statistically speaking, were less than 1% due to chance. Did I that mean, then, that I had proved that my E.S.P. abilities had affected the outcome of all those coin toss guesses?

No. You see, I had guessed the coin toss 48 out of 50 times wrong. My experiment demonstrated that I have a statistically significant amount of negative E.S.P. Or at least, that's how my professor laughingly interpreted it!

I do wonder when I read these posts, about people who have a billion shards and no fragments, etc. Do they have that same ability I do?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by hugpete View Post
    I exploited The Glimmer Rock fortune in the weekend
    and I just realize that the drop rate is balancing itself..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	15226

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iAyun View Post
    I exploited The Glimmer Rock fortune in the weekend
    and I just realize that the drop rate is balancing itself..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	15226
    I thought that, but you just don't get the black message to say your are full of fragments if you are full of wood. Well, that's what happened to me anyhow...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    I'll continue to keep an eye out for common "stuck" areas to make sure that folks are progressing through the game at a reasonable pace. Thanks everyone
    I'm not sure how common it is, but I've been stuck on Ivy's hungry tummy in the fortune teller tent since before the pyre event. I've lost count how many trades I've done with belladonna - maybe 14 or 15 plus another 5 of the dark plants trades.

I planted so much wheat and sugar during the pyre event to attract skunkupines for both the sunstones and the rat tails. I ended up with over 60 flour and sugar cubes. But still no skunku-pies.

I didn't expect a fortune to be so stressful and resource-draining.

Host(ess)
    Hey folks, I've made some small changes to the following items:

• Doubled Golden Fleece, Large Diamonds, and Burning Ember droprates for folks who are on the Raw Materials quest.
    • Raised the droprate of Blades and Hilts of Light and Darkness for the Greselda questline.
    Happy Anniversary and thanks for the game

I'm still waiting for Burning Ember and Blade of Darkness, so i appreciate this update.

Not sure if everything works correctly now: I got 7 Hilts of Darkness in a row (and the message that i can't hold them) but no Blade.
    If it is rare drop - why i get Hilt of Darkness from every Glimmergate adventure? and why no single Blade...

I have a question about Mysterious Venom also.
    I understand that i can get it from Manti, Magic Garden and Trolls. My Manti gave me plenty of fures, many Whiskers and maybe 2 Venoms. Don't remember if I got any from the Magic Garden, but maybe yes a long time ago The problem is that i finished all 5 parts of Troll Tribes so no Trolls for me only Dire Boars. Could you add Mysterious Venom to the any Troll's structure? or maybe Dire Boars could drop them when we have no trolls...
    Thanks

edit:
    Power of posting? I got my Blade this morning
    *fingers crossed for Burning Ember and Venoms*
    Last edited by Ajuty; 09-02-14 at 12:02 AM.

Executive Chef
    It actually IS equal right now... >_<

Our solution will involve something a little different, but it should be satisfying for everyone.
    How long do we have to wait....I would love to finsh sister sister ,,, never get the right flower I need,,,

Rhino Keeper
    And what about the Key Scroll? I have sent about 10 adventures to the Dark caves but still nothing. Also problem with Venom it is more rare then mithril. I got about 32 mithrils in game and only 8 venoms. Is it ok?

Rhino Keeper
    Wish we could buy some of the decorations from plume hive adventure
    Kingdom name is "Azela"

Fashion Designer
    Have two fish markets and have never received a fish sandwich! Why?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast