Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nightclub Owner
    Ok I've asked whether or not the badges were random. They're not. There are specific tasks that need to be done, the tasks are the same but may be done in different ways (of a similar nature).
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    Ok I've asked whether or not the badges were random. They're not. There are specific tasks that need to be done, the tasks are the same but may be done in different ways (of a similar nature).
    Could you be a little bit more specific? Of course the badges are not completely random, since to get a farmers badge have to harvest crops and not any other tasks. But when the badge decides to drop seem to be random to me. How could it not be?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilipipi View Post
    Could you be a little bit more specific? Of course the badges are not completely random, since to get a farmers badge have to harvest crops and not any other tasks. But when the badge decides to drop seem to be random to me. How could it not be?
    That's all the info I've been given. Sorry it's not detailing exactly what needs to be done but I thought people would like to know that there is a rhyme and reason to it even if we haven't figured it out yet.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Farm Supplier

You are right Maguar! I got my Narturer badge in both accounts (main and alternate) on same day a week ago. And today I got the Miner's badge again in both accounts on same day, so I guess it depends on the way u accomplish certain tasks and not Random as some players think. I'm same player, playing in both games in the same way... And this is why I get same badge on same day in both accounts

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by s350z View Post
    You are right Maguar! I got my Narturer badge in both accounts (main and alternate) on same day a week ago. And today I got the Miner's badge again in both accounts on same day, so I guess it depends on the way u accomplish certain tasks and not Random as some players think. I'm same player, playing in both games in the same way... And this is why I get same badge on same day in both accounts
    What do you mean by same way? Same time? What is it?

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilipipi View Post
    What do you mean by same way? Same time? What is it?
    Hi all, newbie to the forum. I just received my nurturer's badge. I don't think there is a specific method to it. I planted lots of new trees, at least 40 of different types, watered them as we'll as random flowers, mushrooms, not in any specific order and not all in one go. Looks like it just a matter of number of times. I must have watered varies plants at least a total of 100 plus times.

Fashion Designer
    I find this very helpful. Thank you for asking, and thank TL for telling at least this much. It does help, at least me. There IS rhyme and reason to it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    I find this very helpful. Thank you for asking, and thank TL for telling at least this much. It does help, at least me. There IS rhyme and reason to it.
    I don't find that helpful at all? If it's not random, but no one has figured out a single pattern (except the Explorer, I guess), then for all intents and purposes, it's random. Ideally, we would know what the rhyme or reason was, but barring that, I would actually prefer these things be random. At least then I wouldn't have the sinking feeling that any time I did something I was messing up some bizarre chain that would unlock a trial. I guess I don't see the point of making these things anything but random if no one can figure them out, even after obtaining one. I have 3 non-explorer badges and I have no idea why I got them other than one time when I did such and such, I got so and so.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty_Wench View Post
    I don't find that helpful at all? If it's not random, but no one has figured out a single pattern (except the Explorer, I guess), then for all intents and purposes, it's random. Ideally, we would know what the rhyme or reason was, but barring that, I would actually prefer these things be random. At least then I wouldn't have the sinking feeling that any time I did something I was messing up some bizarre chain that would unlock a trial. I guess I don't see the point of making these things anything but random if no one can figure them out, even after obtaining one. I have 3 non-explorer badges and I have no idea why I got them other than one time when I did such and such, I got so and so.
    I think they're pretty clear, especially reading how others have gotten them. Miner's badge from mining, Nurturer from planting, watering, and chopping vegetation, Slayer for defeating beasts. We don't know the number of times or the exact recipe for each, but we now know much better which activities are going toward which badges.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    I think they're pretty clear, especially reading how others have gotten them. Miner's badge from mining, Nurturer from planting, watering, and chopping vegetation, Slayer for defeating beasts. We don't know the number of times or the exact recipe for each, but we now know much better which activities are going toward which badges.
    Yes, but it's clearly not a specific number for, say, the Farmer's Badge. Some people have gotten the badge from harvesting nothing but ~60 strawberries. Others have harvested maybe a thousand crops (including strawberries) and have not gotten it. I don't mean to say it's random as in getting a badge for something totally unrelated, but random as in harvesting a crop has a x% chance of getting the farmer's badge. Maybe the chance from each crop would be different (i.e. higher chance for carrots than for corn), but it would still just be a random chance per action.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast