Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 4]

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirac_Leloup View Post
    I've just checked Facebook for Social Dragon thing, it mostly talks about DS as iOS app but not much about Android :-\
    I got a pop-up about it on Android and iOS but the dragon's were not available in either market?

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    This:

Plus this:

Is the biggest slap in the face to the Android player base ever.
    So they let us breed gemstone dragons and now they will wait 8 months again before they work on any android features.
    Loving teamlave more every day

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by annbluebird View Post
    because they said "very big surprise all platforms - every body will be very very happy"
    They said this in regards to Gemstone dragon, not from the iOS only Battle Tournament thread. We were all just hoping that since it was a huge update that Android wouldn't get left in the dust. PonyRoar just confirmed our worst suspicions. We don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by beejk View Post
    So they let us breed gemstone dragons and now they will wait 8 months again before they work on any android features.
    Loving teamlave more every day
    8 months is pretty lenient with TL. September 20 is when iOS got New Dawn ( i.e. Trading and Crafting ) , 2 months away. So we've already waited 10 months since iOS got it and we are still waiting for it.

Farm Supplier
    Hi there thanx for the breedable gems I am on android and ill take it. I also understand that trading and crafting is not on the table for now. But how about the spinning wheel and the album. Please pony.

Rhino Keeper
    Wow, if iOS receives a huge new update soon and we're not brought to parity within a few weeks I think we can safely assume that TL does not intend to take this parity issue seriously, ever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noir77 View Post
    Wow, if iOS receives a huge new update soon and we're not brought to parity within a few weeks I think we can safely assume that TL does not intend to take this parity issue seriously, ever.
    What ever made you think it's being taking seriously now?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    We'd like to think that recent efforts to bring the ability to breed Gemstone Dragons to all platforms shows that we do care. Implementing the ability to breed Gemstones wasn't easy and needed multiple layers of implementation. While I agree it's certainly not a band-aid, it's a positive step forward. It benefits ALL players and you can now earn Gemstone Dragons for free. If we really didn't care, we never would have bothered.
    Sorry, but you really shouldn't have bothered. If you REALLY wanted to give droids gemstones without ripping them off with outrageous gold prices, you could have sold them for coins months ago and channeled "all that effort" into fixing the memory leak and/or working towards giving all platforms the ND updates. You could even have made them breedable using 2 base colour parents (like you did with dawntree) and kept iOS happy, too.

The timing of you oh, so generously releasing gemstones to android just screams, "DESPERATION"! I can see the scene in the office.

Wow, look at this fantastic update we've done for iOS. This'll really blow their socks off.
    What about the other platforms?
    ROFL!
    Okay, yes, it's a good joke but you know how much they're going to moan when we finally admit it's iOS only, again.
    Darn it, you're right, they're insufferable moaners. But what can we do? We're nowhere near ready to release any of the features they want so I suppose they won't swallow another, "just be patient, we're working on it".
    Ha! I've got it! We'll make gemstone dragons breedable but rather than keep them in their colours and have them produced by 2 base colour parents, we'll make them another new element (that's always popular, right?) and let them split. Adding the extra colours will let us look hurt when they're not suitably appreciative and say, "but it was so difficult to do and we worked so hard to give you all this."
    OMG, you're a genius! Still, it's gonna be a tough sell. We need all staff who post on the forums to be ultra enthusiastic about this and go on about how wonderful the change is at every possible opportunity. If we tell them it's a fantastic benefit often enough, maybe a few might believe it.

If you want to show non-iOS players that you care in future, how about starting with the common courtesy of communication? When you put out a teaser, be it dragon, feature or decoration, say IMMEDIATELY if it's iOS only. Ignoring questions of platform availability for almost a week is inexcusably rude and seems to give the lie to how much you care. Remember, actions (or inaction) speak louder than words.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by emergRN View Post
    not that this would be right in any way...but what if android/ios gets this big update and kindle is the one being left out?
    not saying i want this, but they kinda left it open enough by being vague :S
    Because Pony said that the update is not for multi-platform. Thus ... it's a "Big" update for IOS.

Fashion Designer
    PonyRoar responded in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    Yes, it will only be available for the iOS platform at initial release. Sorry! Android will receive it eventually as with the other features (when that happens I'll be sure to shout it from the rooftops, so please remember not to stray from the topic. If you have more Android specific questions, kindly use the existing thread or PM me for direct replies.).

Fashion Designer
    All I have to say... Parity ( Trading and Crafting minimum ) better happen before iOS gets the big update.