Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 4]

Fashion Designer
    [QUOTE=annbluebird;701521][QUOTE=yayacupcake;701187]They said this in regards to Gemstone dragon, not from the iOS only Battle Tournament thread. We were all just hoping that since it was a huge update that Android wouldn't get left in the dust. PonyRoar just confirmed our worst suspicions. We don't get it.

Oh really........ I wasnt hoping anything. was just saying in an ironic way.. everytime I post here people think that I dont understand anything.. Okay if it s a matter of life or death, I will not post again.
    Sorry if I misunderstood, don't worry about it. Post away!

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turpsichore View Post
    Sorry, but you really shouldn't have bothered. If you REALLY wanted to give droids gemstones without ripping them off with outrageous gold prices, you could have sold them for coins months ago and channeled "all that effort" into fixing the memory leak and/or working towards giving all platforms the ND updates. You could even have made them breedable using 2 base colour parents (like you did with dawntree) and kept iOS happy, too.

The timing of you oh, so generously releasing gemstones to android just screams, "DESPERATION"! I can see the scene in the office.

Wow, look at this fantastic update we've done for iOS. This'll really blow their socks off.
    What about the other platforms?
    ROFL!
    Okay, yes, it's a good joke but you know how much they're going to moan when we finally admit it's iOS only, again.
    Darn it, you're right, they're insufferable moaners. But what can we do? We're nowhere near ready to release any of the features they want so I suppose they won't swallow another, "just be patient, we're working on it".
    Ha! I've got it! We'll make gemstone dragons breedable but rather than keep them in their colours and have them produced by 2 base colour parents, we'll make them another new element (that's always popular, right?) and let them split. Adding the extra colours will let us look hurt when they're not suitably appreciative and say, "but it was so difficult to do and we worked so hard to give you all this."
    OMG, you're a genius! Still, it's gonna be a tough sell. We need all staff who post on the forums to be ultra enthusiastic about this and go on about how wonderful the change is at every possible opportunity. If we tell them it's a fantastic benefit often enough, maybe a few might believe it.

If you want to show non-iOS players that you care in future, how about starting with the common courtesy of communication? When you put out a teaser, be it dragon, feature or decoration, say IMMEDIATELY if it's iOS only. Ignoring questions of platform availability for almost a week is inexcusably rude and seems to give the lie to how much you care. Remember, actions (or inaction) speak louder than words.
    It isn't desperation, we're just found a way to do it server side and went for it. But, as I mentioned to someone else, I'll be sure to pass on that you prefer Android receive no updates until we have a version update.

Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    Agreed. But I see a huge backlash coming if we don't see any progress before this huge update goes live for iOS.
    I can confirm that there will not be an Android progress update before the next anticipated iOS update. When there's an update, I'll make sure it's loud and clear. You won't need to read between the lines of anyone's staff post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    I can confirm that there will not be an Android progress update before the next anticipated iOS update. When there's an update, I'll make sure it's loud and clear. You won't need to read between the lines of anyone's staff post.
    A little flame of hope in the darkness ?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hamadrys View Post
    No hope. That means nothing. Update is coming within next month so Android will not receive any updates within the next couple of months then most likely... at least 1 month for sure.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hamadrys View Post
    absolutely not hunny. we all know tl doesn't care, and if they do they are doing a super lousy job showing it. it really is a shame.

how is it that bs, fs and rs have no problems with parity? there is something seriously wrong with the way the big boss of storm 8 allows this kind of behaviour.

i appreciate our moderators and how they are keeping us posted and actually communicating with us. we wanted that. but there is only so much frustration one can take from a game before saying toodles!

There's going to be an abyss separating IOS users from the rest. Is it really so hard to give parity? How come it doesn't happen in other TL games? I don't get it.

Grand Emperor
    Two years ago TL was releasing new features to Bakery, Restaurant, Farm, and probably some of their other games but I didn't play them. It was similar to what they are doing to Dragon Story - release after release of new features to iOS, nothing or a small update of old features to Android. They had teasers where they didn't say not everyone would get the new feature(s), and when we got used to not receiving a new feature and asked if it was for iOS only or all platforms, they ignored the posts and replied to other posts. They constantly changed the storm8 game list in the upper right corner so you can tap on a game and it would take you to the iTunes store where you couldn't download a game only available to iOS. I told them in PMs and in posts that I thought they were cruel. But here it is, two years later, and they continue their behavior.

There really isn't a parity issue in their old games because when they started releasing new games, they slowed down then stopped adding new features to their old games. Just weekly updates and those are starting to stop now. There are still some parity issues with Kindle. Bubble Mania and Jewel Mania appear to be an old snapshot of the game and has less features and levels. In many cases they don't even release new games to Android/Kindle - Castle Story, City Story Metro, Farm Story 2, Home Design Story, Fruit Mania - to name some, so you just get threads asking when the games will be released to Android and not the parity discussions you see with Dragon Story today.

Since the post about IOS only getting a huge wonderful amazing "best ever release for their platform only 74 of my neighbors are no longer playing dragon story.....this stinks! Soumds like TL needs to gain a team of android programmers.......I'd like to see a poll of users done,how many android,IOS,Kindle extra. Can anyone set this up? I tried keeping them in the game,but I lost and they spent a lot of real money,also if anyone has any idea how to talk the rest of them to not quit please help.

Executive Chef
    Ok, so when is the "Big" update with so much in it for IOS??

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by mindymonkey View Post
    Since the post about IOS only getting a huge wonderful amazing "best ever release for their platform only 74 of my neighbors are no longer playing dragon story.....this stinks! Soumds like TL needs to gain a team of android programmers.......I'd like to see a poll of users done,how many android,IOS,Kindle extra. Can anyone set this up? I tried keeping them in the game,but I lost and they spent a lot of real money,also if anyone has any idea how to talk the rest of them to not quit please help.
    Talking isn't gonna do the trick with this. TL has made the decision to increase the void between systems, and a lot of us Android are just through with it. Personally, I'm sticking around until the update happens, just to see what it is. After that I may pack it up and be done myself. Too many slaps in the face, and lack of communication from staff. It's enough to drive one batty. And I spend a butt load of money on this game.....well, I did. Once my gold is gone I'm not buying.