Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Misty Mountain - Levels 211 - 216

Level 213: Dig 10 meters in 55 moves (5 JC's.) Took me 3 tries to pass this, as it does get tough to make/use special jewels (in the right spots.) My last round was lucky--I had tons of diamonds. Did at least 3 diamond + blaster combos, plus some other "stuff." That was fun! So wonderful not being on the clock. Not gonna last though--next one is timed fire (yikes!)

Quote Originally Posted by dantelamaze View Post
    Now stuck on 214 can't seem to get that second snake head. Haven't even had a chance to attack the fire yet. (...)
    I can relate--same here!
    Level 214: 14 fire in 1:15 (5 JC's.) This level is tough--those walls make it really difficult to make the blasters/special jewels needed to **** the snakes. Aileeniweeni/Opening Ceremony's strategy sounds perfect--if only I could execute, lol! That fire moves quite fast once you break thru the crates. Use caution (but not too much--not enough time on the clock to mess around!)

I think I need a break--my frustration level is still too high after the last timed level. Tried this 3 times and only got one snakehead. Plus, I had gold stolen at end of 2nd round-- knew that would happen! Not having fun, so I better play something else for awhile!

I guess there's no denying--I'm a total Jewel Mania addict. Couldn't stay away! Worked out for me, though...got a really lucky board on my next attempt at 214. I was kinda just going through the motions, thinking (rather pessimistically, now that I think about it!) that I'd fail again. But I lined up a blaster with a snakehead just a few moves in. Then I made a diamond & swapped it with a blaster right after! That took out the other snake and a great deal of the fire. After that, I had to swipe like crazy, but there were nice convenient matches near all the flames. Couldn't believe it! I actually beat the challenge (under 50 seconds or something.) I'm so glad...thought I'd be stuck a long time. WOW, that was unexpected! I need to re-learn the lesson that you never know when that lucky board will come. I'm sorry...looking back at my recent posts, I've been quite the complainer! My apologies...!

I'm working on Level 215 now, and it's SO much fun! Dig 11 meters in 50 moves (5 JC's.) Tried it a couple times, and it's a special jewel/combo extravaganza! Got 10/11 once, so I know I'm on the right path. Can't waste moves on this one, and gotta get the right board. As prev mentioned, the snakes are hard-to-reach, have to line up a blaster just-so or use diamonds/combos. Very fun--and at my own pace!

Fashion Designer
    yay i'm glad someone's making progress! i'm still stuck on level 271 (hence my lack of posts) but i also haven't had a lot of time to play. lots of unused energies!
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Unused energy? Sacrilege! Hope you're enjoying whatever you're busy with, and that you pass 271 soon! I'm enjoying 215, but I may be here awhile, too. The super dirt and hard-to-reach snakeheads really eat up the moves!

Passed 215, but only one star. I'll come back and try for more when I need a "frustration break" next time I'm stuck on a timed level. 215 was fun to play, but took a lot of attempts to get the right opportunities (for super dirt & especially snakes!) A good way to **** the snakes is a horiz blaster detonated in the same row. Or diamonds, if you can make them. Enjoy! ~

Level 216: Dig 9 meters in 2:55 (5 JC's.) I tried it once with my only energy left & only made it halfway. Hopefully will do better tomorrow. Good luck to you!

Having difficulty with 216--there's a "bottleneck" of sorts around the 5-meter mark. At least I've "seen" the finish line. I just need to get that perfect board that'll let me pass. Patience & luck...to borrow dantelamaze's mantra!

I'm eager to get to Crater Crag island--gotta get thru this level!!!

It's also important to note that on levels such as 211, you don't always have to dig through all of the super dirt. I was able to get a couple of squares cleared and then as I kept making matches in the regular dirt area, it dropped the last few super dirts down below the goal level.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm never getting past 214!!! I've yried every method. Had bomb/blaster combos and diamonds too. I'm stuck here forever...

Hi kudukuda, how far are you getting on 214? Are you able to get rid of the snakes? In reading Aileeniweeni's strategy and my own comments about the level, that seems to be the primary focus...then moving on to the various combos, etc. to get all the fire out. Vertical blasters are great for those snakes (made from horizontal 4-matches.) That clock is so short--no fun, huh? Wish you the best of luck!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast