Page 57 of 110 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 4]

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirac_Leloup View Post
    I've just checked Facebook for Social Dragon thing, it mostly talks about DS as iOS app but not much about Android :-\
    TeamLava is always iOS first and Android as an after-thought. Everything is released fully to iOS first and then ported over to Android, if it is ported at all. And in at least in DS's case, the game is not fully ported. Everything announced for DS is "New Feature [Oh forgot to mention iOS only]" ... or the feature comes to Android as an after-thought. Definitely catch the short-end of the stick.

I do understand it's harder to code for, but that should mean that they have a large and knowledgeable Android team. Don't think this is the case though since parity is still an issue, getting closer to the 1 year anniversary of Trading & Crafting being released for iOS. Hopefully this new big update IS parity. I couldn't care less about what else it might entail. Parity. Period. Don't waste our time with cop-outs and band-aid fixes.

[sarcasm]Maybe hire on that 1 intern they have working on correcting the Android parity issue...[/sarcasm]

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turpsichore View Post
    Please, would someone confirm if the major update is for ALL platforms or only for iOS.

I've always thought it needlessly cruel to play with droid/kindle players hopes for a few days on the new dragon teaser threads. It would be inexcusable to do it for a month with something apparently much bigger and better and then give it only to the favoured children, again.
    To clear this up, the update Jake's talking about isn't multi-platform at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by beejk View Post
    In the words of Micheal jackson: all i wanna say is they dont realy care about us.
    if they did they would have shown it by now, They keep bringing new features to ios and what does android get?? AFter 8 months of waiting we get the chance to breed gemstone dragon.
    They worked on that for 2 weeks and are going onn with new ios only features. in another thread someone mentioned that next month there is an ever bigger update coming then ever before (99% sure its ios only )
    If they cant even add album to android/kindle users how are they ever gonna add T&C or the quest or anything worth adding.It just simple wont happen.
    IF we are never gonna get the stuff ios users got then just tell us , dont leave us hoping for something that is never gonna happen
    I loved this game, but lately i can only think about what i hate about it.
    We'd like to think that recent efforts to bring the ability to breed Gemstone Dragons to all platforms shows that we do care. Implementing the ability to breed Gemstones wasn't easy and needed multiple layers of implementation. While I agree it's certainly not a band-aid, it's a positive step forward. It benefits ALL players and you can now earn Gemstone Dragons for free. If we really didn't care, we never would have bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    TeamLava is always iOS first and Android as an after-thought. Everything is released fully to iOS first and then ported over to Android, if it is ported at all. And in at least in DS's case, the game is not fully ported. Everything announced for DS is "New Feature [Oh forgot to mention iOS only]" ... or the feature comes to Android as an after-thought. Definitely catch the short-end of the stick.

I do understand it's harder to code for, but that should mean that they have a large and knowledgeable Android team. Don't think this is the case though since parity is still an issue, getting closer to the 1 year anniversary of Trading & Crafting being released for iOS. Hopefully this new big update IS parity. I couldn't care less about what else it might entail. Parity. Period. Don't waste our time with cop-outs and band-aid fixes.

[sarcasm]Maybe hire on that 1 intern they have working on correcting the Android parity issue...[/sarcasm]
    Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying the ability to breed Gemstone Dragons. I'll pass along that you feel strongly that we shouldn't make any Android updates until we're ready for a version update.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    To clear this up, the update Jake's talking about isn't multi-platform at this time.

We'd like to think that recent efforts to bring the ability to breed Gemstone Dragons to all platforms shows that we do care. Implementing the ability to breed Gemstones wasn't easy and needed multiple layers of implementation. While I agree it's certainly not a band-aid, it's a positive step forward. It benefits ALL players and you can now earn Gemstone Dragons for free. If we really didn't care, we never would have bothered.

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying the ability to breed Gemstone Dragons. I'll pass along that you feel strongly that we shouldn't make any Android updates until we're ready for a version update.
    Quick question: Is there anything coming for us with iOS getting an update? Are we getting anything ourselves?

And nowhere in my post did I mention that I didn't enjoy the ability to breed Gemstone Dragons. You are correct, but I never said that. I understand Jake's reasoning even though I don't agree. I can deal with it. It is what it is. I did happen to get a Gemstone Dragon as a fail going for the Mermaid dragon, but I am keeping it although I never plan to ever breed with it. The collector in me won't sell it.

You should correct your statement to "I feel strongly that you shouldn't make any iOS updates until you're ready for a version update for Android to what iOS is up to". I do have a problem with though is that trading & crafting is nowhere to be seen. Coming up on a year and we have no substantial news as to when or if we'll even get it. Yet another slew of major updates for iOS and development ( catch up ) on our platform seems to be glazed over again.

Fashion Designer
    Maybe we should run another poll since Gemstone Dragons are now accessible. To see where everyone stands now on most wanted feature. I'm still for Trading & Crafting myself since I'd LOVE to get rid of the plethora of dragons I have and craft the gemstone dragons. Plus there is tons of decorations only craftable and the lotus dragon. Plus it's tied into Questing and Arenas.

Executive Chef
    So if I understand correctly, "the update Jake's talking about isn't multi-platform at this time", means that Android will be given nothing, zero, nada, but that Android should just be happy that they got Gemstone and can breed it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post

Yaya, I don't think Android has progressed to "after thought" yet.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MomsHouseofSweets View Post
    So if I understand correctly, "the update Jake's talking about isn't multi-platform at this time", means that Android will be given nothing, zero, nada, but that Android should just be happy that they got Gemstone and can breed it.
    :: points to nose ::

... unless they've got something specifically up their sleeves just for us. Previous history would lead me to say no. Parity gap is set to increase once again! Joy!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirac_Leloup View Post
    I've just checked Facebook for Social Dragon thing, it mostly talks about DS as iOS app but not much about Android :-\
    Well, that shouldn't surprise any Android who has been around for any length of time!

Banned
    If Ios get a second island and Android doesn't, I will quit. Without regret, without a second thought.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hamadrys View Post
    If Ios get a second island and Android doesn't, I will quit. Without regret, without a second thought.
    I'll walk with you without any hesitation.