Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Dragon Part III

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphirecross View Post
    You can't get magic with red and blue in the colors? Why not?

I stopped playing the game for a few months and it looks like while I wasn't playing some of the breeding rules changed? I am getting more variety in breeding than I was before and I'm not getting zillions of magic and mist dragons either. Have been wondering if something actually changed or is just luck.
    I just go off what the breeding calculators tell me. I dunno why not. Maybe because the dragon needs to get something from each parent?
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphirecross View Post
    You can't get magic with red and blue in the colors? Why not?

I stopped playing the game for a few months and it looks like while I wasn't playing some of the breeding rules changed? I am getting more variety in breeding than I was before and I'm not getting zillions of magic and mist dragons either. Have been wondering if something actually changed or is just luck.
    Magic can't be created by a parent whose color splits, from what I read

Quote Originally Posted by dangerb0y View Post
    Magic can't be created by a parent whose color splits, from what I read
    You get one or more elements from each dragon so if you breed goodwitch X virtue you can get water from goodwitch and fire from virtue (if pink splits) resulting in magic. Also, you can get diamond from this combo (light, fire, water, pink)!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by lorax211 View Post
    You get one or more elements from each dragon so if you breed goodwitch X virtue you can get water from goodwitch and fire from virtue (if pink splits) resulting in magic. Also, you can get diamond from this combo (light, fire, water, pink)!
    Splitting is complicated. I believe exactly what you wrote until recently. Any color that splits can be used, but will not re-merge with a new color. So if virtue were to split, sure you might get red in the outcome, but it will not combine with blue from another dragon to make purple. I had a very hard time believing this but it really seems to be true. If someone can prove otherwise I'd be happy to hear it because I am still a little skeptical, but I've noticed that I can breed confidently and never get magic or virtue as long as I follow that rule!

I finally got a diamond dragon using Rainbow and Lily dragons!!

Host(ess)
    I got a diamond on my first try using tiny and vampire I figured I'm lvl 123 I should start trying for diamond and I sure was surprised to see that 44 hours! I was mainly trying to get some new pink hybrids xD

New Resident
    I got mine with a Planet and Cherry Blossom after many failures with lots of combos.

I just got mercury on my main account when using diamond X sea breeze trying for carnival, and immediately after I tried for carnival again with diamond X sea breeze and got my second 44 hr diamond!!! It's been over a year since I got my first diamond and any diamond hybrids, I can't believe I just got a diamond hybrid followed by a diamond!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by iosbaby View Post
    I just got mercury on my main account when using diamond X sea breeze trying for carnival, and immediately after I tried for carnival again with diamond X sea breeze and got my second 44 hr diamond!!! It's been over a year since I got my first diamond and any diamond hybrids, I can't believe I just got a diamond hybrid followed by a diamond!!!
    It looks like you got a gold!!!! You can't get diamond with that combo, and gold is also 44 hrs. Congrats though if you don't have it!

Rhino Keeper
    still trying for red queen i used a different combo-fairytale/turkey.got a fruitloop,firemane then diamond