Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pls help. Transferred game successfully to new iPad. Now on old device my son....

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    When you use the login feature you are not removing your storm ID from your old device.
    Since you new device now has a storm ID, you will not be able to transfer your storm ID off your old device.
    You will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com. Tell them that you have moved your games over to your new device by using the login feature but you do not want your storm ID to remain on your old device ( so no one else can have access to your games) and ask if they will remove that storm ID from that device.

Future reference:
    To permanently transfer a storm ID off a device use a storm 8 game.
    See post 1
    Transfer Thread
    Also I did use those instructions, because it says an "update" ,that you can use restaurant story to transfer. That's how I figured out how to do it.

Farm Supplier
    You should have created a new id storm for your son in the new device,and then use restaurant to change the id in both devices. You can use another device to create another id, and then to transfer it to your son phone. You can only cr?ate one id in each device, but once You have it, You can transfer it wherever You want. Use your husband phone if he doesnt play, for example

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    If you have the same storm ID and games on two different devices, you need to force close out the games on one device before trying to play on the other device.

There will be a delay in seeing what you did on one device when you try to play on the other device.

How to force close out your games (IOS)
    I do not use the same ID for the games.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosprie View Post
    You should have created a new id storm for your son in the new device,and then use restaurant to change the id in both devices. You can use another device to create another id, and then to transfer it to your son phone. You can only cr?ate one id in each device, but once You have it, You can transfer it wherever You want. Use your husband phone if he doesnt play, for example
    But if I had of created a new id in my new device I wouldn't have been able to transfer mine from my old device, or would I have? So I could have. Started a new id in the new device then transfers it to the old device, then transfer my old id to y new device? holy wow so confusing. It would be so much easier if TLjust made it so you can sign in and out of your game on any device. That would make so much more sense.
    So now what I could do Is, make an id up on my hubby's phone then transfer it to my old phone? Will that automatically remove my id for me old phone? Also it wouldn't effect my Id on my new device.
    I guess I'll go ahead and email TL and then if that's taking too long I can try this way.
    Thanks

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamacfashion View Post
    But if I had of created a new id in my new device I wouldn't have been able to transfer mine from my old device, or would I have? So I could have. Started a new id in the new device then transfers it to the old device, then transfer my old id to y new device? holy wow so confusing. It would be so much easier if TLjust made it so you can sign in and out of your game on any device. That would make so much more sense.
    So now what I could do Is, make an id up on my hubby's phone then transfer it to my old phone? Will that automatically remove my id for me old phone? Also it wouldn't effect my Id on my new device.
    I guess I'll go ahead and email TL and then if that's taking too long I can try this way.
    Thanks
    You won't be able to transfer it as there is already an ID on the old device but you will be able to log in to that new ID on the old device.

It seems to me that you would have already had to have set up a new ID on your ipad and then it sounds like you signed in (not transferred) your game from your old device... If you can remember what that ID Is you can just sign in using that ID onto the old device.

Also when you transfer an ID you do not set up a new storm ID all out do is start playing a game to level 2 on the new device then enter in your old storm ID

"Open any Storm8 game (World War, iMobsters, Racing Live, Vampires Live, Kingdoms Live, Pets Live, Ninjas Live, Zombies Live, or Rock Battle Live).
    Create a Storm8 ID and password for your original character on your OLD device, if you haven't already. (On the old device, visit HOME (unlocks at level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab.)
    On your NEW device, log into your previously created Storm8 ID. To do this, visit HOME (unlocks at level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab -> Begin Resume/Transfer button -> New, and from here you can enter your Storm8 ID and password and your data from all Storm8/TeamLava games will have moved to the new device."
    Last edited by midnightmeerkat; 01-27-14 at 01:38 PM.

Executive Chef
    Ok I will email them. But now I'm confused what is the difference between storm and storm 8. Seems so frustrating for someone who just plays 1 game. Where and when would I have been told this or learned this. Wish it could just be a little simpler, would be so much easier on all the users!
    So if I play dragon story, am I in the right forum?
    Errr.... Storm and storm8 are the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by midnightmeerkat View Post
    You won't be able to transfer it as there is already an ID on the old device but you will be able to log in to that new ID on the old device.

It seems to me that you would have already had to have set up a new ID on your ipad and then it sounds like you signed in (not transferred) your game from your old device... If you can remember what that ID Is you can just sign in using that ID onto the old device.

Also when you transfer an ID you do not set up a new storm ID all out do is start playing a game to level 2 on the new device then enter in your old storm ID

"Open any Storm8 game (World War, iMobsters, Racing Live, Vampires Live, Kingdoms Live, Pets Live, Ninjas Live, Zombies Live, or Rock Battle Live).
    Create a Storm8 ID and password for your original character on your OLD device, if you haven't already. (On the old device, visit HOME (unlocks at level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab.)
    On your NEW device, log into your previously created Storm8 ID. To do this, visit HOME (unlocks at level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab -> Begin Resume/Transfer button -> New, and from here you can enter your Storm8 ID and password and your data from all Storm8/TeamLava games will have moved to the new device."
    There are 2 people posting on this thread, the very first post is my problem.
    I never started a new id. If you read my first post it explains it. I transferred my storm Id and game from my old phone to my new iPad via restaurant story. When I first got my iPad I looked up how to transfer and I did it. I downloaded restaurant story then signed in and then I downloaded dragon story and my id and game was all transferred.
    But now I want my id and game off of my old phone.
    But yes I signed in with restaurant story on my new iPad and my dragon story game "transferred"!
    I didn't have to play to level 2 though because I was already past level 2 .
    Last edited by mamamacfashion; 01-27-14 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightmeerkat View Post
    Errr.... Storm and storm8 are the same thing
    Err?
    They are the exact same thing? Then why is one storm8 and one is storm? If this is making you mad, you don't need to help.
    Thanks though

Executive Chef
    There are 2 people posting on this thread, the very first post is my problem.
    I never started a new id. If you read my first post it explains it. I transferred my storm Id and game from my old phone to my new iPad via restaurant story. When I first got my iPad I looked up how to transfer and I did it. I downloaded restaurant story then signed in and then I downloaded dragon story and my id and game was all transferred.
    But now I want my id and game off of my old phone.
    But yes I signed in with restaurant story on my new iPad and my dragon story game "transferred"!
    I didn't have to play to level 2 though because I was already past level 2 .
    I am not getting mad just trying to help . The restaurant story way does not transfer your account it just lets you log in to your game from a different device

I have an iphone and ipad and have a game set up on both, I use the restaurant login feature to login to my ipad game on my iphone when I am away from home, then swap back and forth
    Last edited by midnightmeerkat; 01-27-14 at 03:41 PM.

Executive Chef
    Err?
    They are the exact same thing? Then why is one storm8 and one is storm? If this is making you mad, you don't need to help.
    Thanks though
    I think when kooky was saying storm ID she meant storm8 ID, there is not 2 different ID's.... If you don't want me to try to help I'll stop posting tho
    Last edited by midnightmeerkat; 01-27-14 at 03:43 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast