Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Update 10/2/15: Fellora Plants

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Buy more than 5 old logs, maybe 10. Then chop all only 1 time, then go back and chop the 5 completely that you need for that first goal, leaving the other 5 or so only chopped once. Then that fortune will still be there when you actually need the logs since you haven't cleared them all right?
    Oh! So it is the number of chops you make, not the number of old logs finished off? That's great news, thanks for that info! I already have about 40 old logs in my queendom which I've taken 2 chops out of, so this means the only thing limiting how many glimmer shards & fragments I can get from the best fortune ever is how many other things I'm willing to store to make room for all those logs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Oh! So it is the number of chops you make, not the number of old logs finished off? That's great news, thanks for that info! I already have about 40 old logs in my queendom which I've taken 2 chops out of, so this means the only thing limiting how many glimmer shards & fragments I can get from the best fortune ever is how many other things I'm willing to store to make room for all those logs lol.

Wait.... you may need to think this through more. I think if you completely chop just one log the fortune will be complete. Right?!? Anyone out there done with that fortune & can enlighten Zenobia???

Yea...I had a nbr whose kingdom was almost completely old logs. Why she didn't sell them before the last chop is beyond me. You can sell the bought ones but not the ones you get from expanding.

Saw this on another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00
    Buy some old logs, only chop 2 of the 3 chops, sell it, repeat. This will give you unlimited glimmer shards and fragments. It will stop if you clear the whole log with 3 chops. So ONLY CHOP TWICE.
    Last edited by meme1098; 10-04-14 at 11:24 AM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Harvested another 14: got 14 blossoms, 1 glimmer trap & 1 glimmer pitcher, and something like 4-5 dark seeds. I need to go back to planting other stuff for the faerie trade, but I am going to try to keep 4 of these growing at all times since the rewards are so good.

After I gave 20 Fellora plants it said I unlocked some potion but the new goal never appeared and there's nothing in my book From the first page it looks like there has to be more to this quest but mine disappeared for some reason Has it happened to anybody else? Please help!

Executive Chef
    Wait.... you may need to think this through more. I think if you completely chop just one log the fortune will be complete. Right?!? Anyone out there done with that fortune & can enlighten Zenobia???

Yea...I had a nbr whose kingdom was almost completely old logs. Why she didn't sell them before the last chop is beyond me. You can sell the bought ones but not the ones you get from expanding.

Saw this on another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00
    Buy some old logs, only chop 2 of the 3 chops, sell it, repeat. This will give you unlimited glimmer shards and fragments. It will stop if you clear the whole log with 3 chops. So ONLY CHOP TWICE.
    Yeah, I have about 40 logs currently in my queendom. All of them have had 2 chops taken out of them. The fortune stays alive until any of them gets the final chop. I have been planning to keep on adding old logs until I can't stand the sight of so many of them any more lol. Where I was talking about taking the final chop was for the first step in Team Azalea or Team Lila when I get there in a few days. The quest step reads "Clear some Old Logs x 5" which I thought meant I had to finish off 5 logs thereby ending the fortune. But thankfully meme1098 clarified that "Clear some Old Logs x 5" means make 5 chops into old logs, whether that finishes off any logs or not. So it seems I [b]can[b] advance in the faeries questline without losing the fortune I need so badly for the Greselda / Three Lessons for Ivy questlines.

ETA: I had NO IDEA that I can sell my logs with 2 chops in them! THANK YOU for that tip!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by zenobia42; 10-04-14 at 12:00 PM.

Not sure about just the 5 chops...since it does say "clear". Ah well, guess you'll find out when you get there but I'm betting you have to chop the whole darn thing.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Not sure about just the 5 chops...since it does say "clear". Ah well, guess you'll find out when you get there but I'm betting you have to chop the whole darn thing.
    I will just have to cross my fingers then. And if it does mean I have to lose my log fortune, well then when that time comes, I will have to decide whether to progress in the Greselds questline OR the faerie one.

Rhino Keeper
    No wait...you do Not want that fortune to end!
    The fairy questline makes you clear the logs, not just chop.
    Dooo skip that w gems. I don't remember how much tho

I just finished that and didn't want to risk it.....
    Honestly, you want to keep that fortune forever!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by fancyjewel View Post
    After I gave 20 Fellora plants it said I unlocked some potion but the new goal never appeared and there's nothing in my book From the first page it looks like there has to be more to this quest but mine disappeared for some reason Has it happened to anybody else? Please help!
    Just happened to me.
    But I've yet to complete the faerie workshop and bridge so I'm wondering if it's to do with that seeing as the subsequent goals use the workshop.
    I can still craft the potion, but the quest isn't there.

Banned
    Just harvested 20 fellora plants, got 6 dark seeds and 2 dark plants. I think the drop rate is pretty good - definitely beats having to collect from the glimmer gate every 2 hours

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast