Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Host(ess)
    If anyone wants to add me, I'm a daily player.

Domiqe. I gift mostly cappuccino but if you need something just write on my wall and I'll gift it when I have time

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    so for the non-tippers commenting here, does that mean you don't visit other bakeries at all except when goals require you to? cause it's not the tipping i'm most interested in (although i do leave tips), i mostly like checking in to see what my neighbors are doing creatively. otherwise i'm just looking at my own place all the time, which would bore me, no matter how cute it is (and it's pretty darn cute). my favorite neighbors are the ones who switch it up so that i have something new to look at.
    I pop by every so often just to see what my neighbors' bakeries look like. And I stop in to gift any parts they requested. While I'm there, I tip.

Farm Supplier
    Everyone to its own, but there is players out there who needs a boost, that has not yet reached lvl 99. I tip and gift everyday to all neighbours. I try to not have to many because then it takes way to long time. Its sometimes frustrating to give and give and never recieve when the person you added agreed with daily visits.

So if there is anyone out there actually tip and gift daily, please add me

For me, any neighbors below a 2 star (i.e. 1 and below) is a no-no for me, and I will delete them 99% of the case. (Hope I'm not too bad! ) Normally, I mass gift everyone a random stuff (not as random as a bat air freshener lol) but some like drip bowl or a stone pan that neighbors might use one day. I have nearly 100 neighbors, so I just tip those off my wall every day.

Tips to new players: Try to make your bakery presentable, accumulate a good repertoire of neighbors right from the beginning (e.g. 3-4 star already at level 7), then you can have a lot of good neighbors tipping and gifting you the necessary stuff to start up your shop.

some of my neighbors have joined the 0 star club. It isn't the tipping i care about, i am more wondering if they are still active. Because if the neighbor is not active what is the point of keeping them if you're not sure if they are going to help send you parts when goals come around?. So i just check to see if their food is spoiled or their doors are closed for a long period of time. Usually if i see food on the stoves it's a sign they are probably still active.

Executive Chef
    I've been deleted for being a bad neighbour. Oops. I accidentally sent cappuccino instead of parts. Oh well, I play the game my way and if people don't like it, that's why the delete button exists!

I answer requests and gift daily (double gifting for requests) but I only tip a couple of times a week. I'm usually 2 or 3 stars. I'm fine with that and I think the neighbours who keep me must be too. I need to delete a bunch of my inactive neighbours but I worry that I'll have to add more to expand (when I save my 10,000,000 coins).

If I receive neighbour requests I generally don't accept them if they're not over level 70 and 3 stars.

New Resident
    add me please I need more nighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I got an invitation from a bobbyrae too. Freaked me out a bit.
    I freaked out the first time when I got the invite on rs. But it's funny when I saw it on bs too. LOL! XD Must be the same person and one who lurk around the forum too!
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Nightclub Owner
    Generally people send out what they need in return.
    I recently saw this answer on a gifting thread and it is something I have wanted to raise in this thread for a while and keep forgetting. I had a neighbour who did just this. He needs santa hats so he sends me santa hats. But I don't and will probably never need santa hats so I delete the santa hats. I need cross pipes, so I send him cross pipes, which he does not ever need.

How does this method of gifting help anyone? Isn't it better and more efficient to just mass gift a generally useful part, like gears rather than santa hats and then just send out a request for the santa hats, write a note on your wall that you'd really like to receive some santa hats and hope that neighbours will send santa hats?

Rhino Keeper
    I had a friend tell me that she gifted me something because that's what she needed. If she hadn't told me, there would have been absolutely no way I'd have known what she was doing. For people who don't inform people of their intention, how are their neighbors supposed to know they're gifting what they want? No one's a mind reader.

People who use this strategy might just figure people will decline gifts they don't want, but I still don't understand how the neighbor is supposed to know they want the same gift back.

So for this one particular friend, I don't mind checking to see if they've gifted me something and I'll gift the same thing back (the same person also writes on their wall what they need), but if I learn that there are a lot of my friends who want that, I'm afraid I'm not going to continue to be so acquiescent. I have neither the time nor the inclination to one by one see what people are gifting me and then gift that back.