Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Industry is best?

Designer of Worlds
    Mattg, you're right in the way you calculate the effective coin-supply ratio, but if you reverse it and calculate the effective supply per coin ratio, you'll see that the idea factories are more punishing and cost a lot more coins for the supply you earn. This is intentional due to the fact your overall output is higher. You slightly cut into your profitability, but as you progress into higher levels, your profits per supply increase from higher level businesses.

This will be addressed in the big update I'm working on, where the best value overall will come from short term contracts (1/3/5/10/15 minutes) which will effectively eat up a lot of player energy, but will keep the game sessions fun and engaging. We'll also offer long timers (8/12/16/18/24+ hours) that will have a much weaker yield for their time. My goal is to encourage more consistent daily play (3-5 times a day), as opposed to long term once daily play.

Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    as you progress into higher levels, your profits per supply increase from higher level businesses.
    Yes, I should have qualified that my remarks are valid for the buildings available at the level I'm playing (62).

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    Mattg, you're right in the way you calculate the effective coin-supply ratio, but if you reverse it and calculate the effective supply per coin ratio, you'll see that the idea factories are more punishing and cost a lot more coins for the supply you earn. This is intentional due to the fact your overall output is higher. You slightly cut into your profitability, but as you progress into higher levels, your profits per supply increase from higher level businesses.

This will be addressed in the big update I'm working on, where the best value overall will come from short term contracts (1/3/5/10/15 minutes) which will effectively eat up a lot of player energy, but will keep the game sessions fun and engaging. We'll also offer long timers (8/12/16/18/24+ hours) that will have a much weaker yield for their time. My goal is to encourage more consistent daily play (3-5 times a day), as opposed to long term once daily play.
    This is all fine and good. Short term contracts should yield best value overall, if only to reward more frequent players.

I used to have several Idea Factories out in earlier levels, but stored them all because the goods often spoiled. I liked the Idea Factory because it's the only industry in which a 1-hour contract is available. No matter how busy I am, I rarely go more than 2 hours without checking my phone during work hours, so the 1-hour contract was the most convenient for me throughout the day. However, I found that the spoil time was not consistent with Idea Factories - sometimes goods would spoil a few minutes after the 1-hour mark, other times they would last for 2 hours (and not a minute more). This, of course, might be just my imagination, but when I had nothing but Idea Factories out it always seemed to me that I returned to spoiled goods no matter what I did. I also noticed that the game did not alert me when the Idea Factory contracts finished.

Greenhouse goods, on the other hand, take much longer to spoil and are much less expensive. I prefer Greenhouses now. The longer spoil time is especially convenient while I'm sleeping for longer than normal, i.e. on weekends.

Even though I no longer use Idea Factories exclusively, I still run the 1-hour contract whenever I know I will be looking at the phone every hour. That's really the most convenient contract there is in terms of time/goods received, despite its outrageous price ($215 for 100 goods). Whatever you do with the in-game math, please do not eliminate the 1-hour contract (though I wouldn't mind if you made it cheaper! ).

-lp

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by lilacpear View Post
    This is all fine and good. Short term contracts should yield best value overall, if only to reward more frequent players.

I used to have several Idea Factories out in earlier levels, but stored them all because the goods often spoiled. I liked the Idea Factory because it's the only industry in which a 1-hour contract is available. No matter how busy I am, I rarely go more than 2 hours without checking my phone during work hours, so the 1-hour contract was the most convenient for me throughout the day. However, I found that the spoil time was not consistent with Idea Factories - sometimes goods would spoil a few minutes after the 1-hour mark, other times they would last for 2 hours (and not a minute more). This, of course, might be just my imagination, but when I had nothing but Idea Factories out it always seemed to me that I returned to spoiled goods no matter what I did. I also noticed that the game did not alert me when the Idea Factory contracts finished.

Greenhouse goods, on the other hand, take much longer to spoil and are much less expensive. I prefer Greenhouses now. The longer spoil time is especially convenient while I'm sleeping for longer than normal, i.e. on weekends.

Even though I no longer use Idea Factories exclusively, I still run the 1-hour contract whenever I know I will be looking at the phone every hour. That's really the most convenient contract there is in terms of time/goods received, despite its outrageous price ($215 for 100 goods). Whatever you do with the in-game math, please do not eliminate the 1-hour contract (though I wouldn't mind if you made it cheaper! ).

-lp
    My plan will be to offer contracts for ALL lengths of time that players will want. It will definitely favor short term contracts, but will offer long term versions as well in case players want them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123