Thread: BLANK and "NULL" gifts and requests!!

Farm Supplier

BLANK and "NULL" gifts and requests!!

All of a sudden tonight, in RS regular version, I am getting requests and gifts... some are totally "BLANK" and some say the word "NULL"! What's the deal??

Playing on iPad 3rd gen, up to date software, RS 1.6.5 regular version. I just read there is a new Val edition, but still, this is bizarre!!

Executive Chef
    I was just coming to make this post! Actually there seem to be a lot of issues with that V-day version. Some people get a pop-up if you use it that advises you to delete it because it won't be active anymore, and others have mentioned some bugs with the viewing of the app. Not sure what the situation is, but I'm still using the Christmas edition on an iPhone 4. I got this "null" gift from 3 people as well as 2 material requests for the "null" gift. I declined accepting the gifts because I don't know what they are. I'm wondering if it's a part from an old V-day oven that might still be listed in the V-day app. I took a screen shot.

Executive Chef
    I'd also like to mention the standard troubleshooting (force closing/deleting/etc.) does not make the "null" gifts appear.

Rhino Keeper
    They put out the Valentine version in the app store, with the same version number as the Christmas version. Not surprising that they're conflicting with each other.

Executive Chef
    I just downloaded the Valentine's Version and I'm not experiencing the issues mentioned in the Discussion Thread about it so I guess the issues are resolved for the most part. "Null" parts are parts for a new oven.

Ok, deleted both versions from iCloud, Christmas and Valentine, and reinstalled them.
    I'm on Ipad2 vs.6.01

Opening the V version, bugs are still there:
    1. Huge popups
    2. Main and design tabs are huge as well as tabs when visiting nbrs,
    3. Comments are still limited to about half a line and can only view the same on nbrs walks.

However, after reinstalling the Christmas version, I now am able to see the Valentines content in my Restaurant and my neighbors. One improvement

Hopefully the bugs in the V version can be fixed.

I have had this issue too. I went through all the usual suggested steps ( force close and deleting) and it is still showing up. Some requests are fine and some don't show what is requested. Most gifts show fine except for the null ones but there are some that just spin as well. I am not accepting any gifts unless I know what they are. Not sure if I accept requests if they will go through either.

Have not installed V day and will not as long as it is buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by KadeeDid View Post
    I have had this issue too. I went through all the usual suggested steps ( force close and deleting) and it is still showing up. Some requests are fine and some don't show what is requested. Most gifts show fine except for the null ones but there are some that just spin as well. I am not accepting any gifts unless I know what they are. Not sure if I accept requests if they will go through either.

Have not installed V day and will not as long as it is buggy.
    After deleting the Christmas version and reinstalling it, I can see all valentines content. What device are you on?

If you are experiencing this issue with any Gift Requests after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, please respond with the following:

Storm8 ID
    Versions affected (you can find this in Menu >> Help/FAQ)
    Device/OS version

Rhino Keeper
    After deleting and boosting your download count by one, I can see the content, but 2 of the blank gifts and 2 blank requests (from this morning) are missing.